PDA

View Full Version : Josh Schache

bulldogtragic
19-05-2017, 08:28 PM
199cm
96kg

Pick 2, 2015 draft. Victorian boy.

Agile, very talented KPF who can take a turn in the ruck if needed.

Some media outlets saying Brisbane are resigned to losing him. There's going to be a rush trying to get him. Should we be one of them too? Or focus on a midfielder and our tall draftees?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-05-2017, 08:39 PM
199cm
96kg

Some media outlets saying Brisbane are resigned to losing him. There's going to be a rush trying to get him. Should we be one of them too? Or focus on a midfielder and our tall draftees?

I worry about a bidding war breaking out on him. He's done nothing yet to warrant the contract he will probably get. And he's going to cost a lot in draft picks and a player too i reckon.
I think short of him nominating us as the only club he would consider i say sit this one out and let Richmond, Collingwood or Carlton ruin their salary cap and draft position in securing him.

Greystache
19-05-2017, 11:32 PM
199cm
96kg

Is he talented? He was highly rated but I'm not sure I've seen anything that suggests he'll be a star. He might be but that would be in spite of what he's shown.

He's quite a way back from where T Boyd was say the same age.

soupman
20-05-2017, 02:19 AM
Aside from Lynch I'd be going for Wright next from the QLD clubs, but not sure how he'd work with Boyd. Would be cheaper than Schache both in salary and trade value.

Mantis
20-05-2017, 09:37 AM
Aside from Lynch I'd be going for Wright next from the QLD clubs, but not sure how he'd work with Boyd. Would be cheaper than Schache both in salary and trade value.

The only player we should be looking at from Qld is May.

chef
20-05-2017, 06:34 PM
No thanks. If we are going to trade away a good pick it needs to be on a KPD.

bornadog
20-05-2017, 06:39 PM
The only player we should be looking at from Qld is May.

Is May available?

GVGjr
20-05-2017, 06:43 PM
Is May available?

Slight chance, there would be a couple of clubs having a chat to his manager

Twodogs
20-05-2017, 08:33 PM
Slight chance, there would be a couple of clubs having a chat to his manager

Even if it's just to tell him enough with Jake Stringer already.

boydogs
31-05-2017, 12:55 AM
Random fact, this seemed as good a place as any to post it

Brisbane had 3 picks in the top 30 in the 2011 draft. All scored over 100 supercoach points last weekend, but none of them played for Brisbane

Can you guess the 3 players?

Highlight to reveal --->Billy Longer, Sam Docherty, Elliot Yeo<---

They've really had a terrible time with player retention

westdog54
31-05-2017, 08:56 AM

Brisbane had 3 picks in the top 30 in the 2011 draft. All scored over 100 supercoach points last weekend, but none of them played for Brisbane

As a club, that's damning. How toxic can you allow an environment to become where that amount of talent just walks out the door so easily.

Doc26
31-05-2017, 06:29 PM

Terrible for them.

And pick 5 in the 2010 draft happened to be the highest SC scorer of the 4 ex Lions.
Highlight to reveal --->Jared Polec<--- :)

bulldogtragic
31-05-2017, 06:40 PM
Polec?

Doc26
31-05-2017, 07:00 PM
Polec?

What do you mean BT?

Now one of Port's better outside mids.
Having a very good season.

bulldogtragic
31-05-2017, 07:03 PM
What do you mean BT?

Now one of Port's better outside mids.
Having a very good season.

Ignore me, I thought it was a question about another top order kid leaving.

Doc26
31-05-2017, 07:10 PM
Ignore me, I thought it was a question about another top order kid leaving.

It was ;) And you're spot on

bulldogtragic
31-05-2017, 07:15 PM
It was ;) And you're spot on

Then ignore me again! :D

bulldogtragic
31-05-2017, 07:21 PM
On topic, they're churning through their top 10 draftees like me at buffet of anything. They're not getting great returns either.

Longer, Polec, Aish, Yeo, Dochety, Schache (considered a lock to leave) that I hope we hire an assistant for JMac based at the GABBA. I wouldn't mind a couple of recent ones either.

macca
01-06-2017, 01:26 AM
Add James Aish ,2013 draft pick7 . He hasn't don't much since maybe Brisbane dodged a bullet there. But those 4 in a team nearing 50 games now. NO wonder they are hurting .

Happy Days
08-06-2017, 04:15 PM
Re-signed for two years; could knock me over with a feather.

Although as soon as Brain Waldron said he was 100% out the door I should have known better

craigsahibee
08-06-2017, 04:28 PM
A lot can happen between now and the trade period in October.

For Brisbane and footy's sake, it would be good to see him stay. But stranger things have happened.

bornadog
08-06-2017, 04:31 PM

Although as soon as Brain Waldron said he was 100% out the door I should have known better

I thought it was three years at $350 plus plus. I need to check

Edit - yes a further two.

westdog54
08-06-2017, 11:41 PM

That's a wonderful result for Brisbane, and well done to the young man for sticking with the club.

Go_Dogs
09-06-2017, 09:12 AM
That's a wonderful result for Brisbane, and well done to the young man for sticking with the club.

Agreed, liked reading this news.

westdog54
09-06-2017, 10:56 AM
Agreed, liked reading this news.

If anything it's a massive endorsement of Chris Fagan and his team.

macca
09-06-2017, 08:35 PM
Smart move, further develop and let Hipwood take the the best defender. KIck 30-40 goals in his last year and clubs will be lining up for his signature then potentially fora bigger conctract. It may be m cynical to comment but he must have weighed up his options at present and with other clubs list ,,may have had balanced advice and judgement from his manager and people in his inner circle.

Well done to young man for showing loyalty

The Adelaide Connection
18-06-2017, 12:38 PM
Smart move, further develop and let Hipwood take the the best defender. KIck 30-40 goals in his last year and clubs will be lining up for his signature then potentially fora bigger conctract. It may be m cynical to comment but he must have weighed up his options at present and with other clubs list ,,may have had balanced advice and judgement from his manager and people in his inner circle.

Well done to young man for showing loyalty

I tend to agree. I think those advising him would have taken a long term approach over an immediate pay rise.

At Brisbane he will likely play more games in a period he would probably struggle to push into a more established clubs 22. He is playing prettty ordinary footy at the moment and hasn't shown much at AFL level so any offer from a potential Victorian suitor comes with an element of risk and surely nudges the price down.

He now has two years to develop his body, get some games and confidence as an AFL player, and potentially prove that he will be the player everyone expects he might. $$$ offers will be significantly more.

By then, who knows, Brisbane may even be in contention so he may re-sign again and may have avoided "Doing a Buckley".