PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee - Round 15, 2017 vs West Coast

Eastdog
23-05-2017, 09:13 PM
If you were on the Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make for our round 15, 2017 match against West Coast at Etihad?

As always a brief explanation for your changes would add a lot of value to the discussion.

GVGjr
24-06-2017, 05:45 PM
Bump

bulldogtragic
24-06-2017, 11:25 PM
Ins: Bob, Tom Boyd, Roberts

Outs: JJ, Dicko, Cordy (inj)

azabob
25-06-2017, 12:09 AM
Ins: Bob, Tom Boyd, Roberts

Outs: JJ, Dicko, Cordy (inj)

What happened to Cordy?

bulldogtragic
25-06-2017, 12:11 AM
What happened to Cordy?

Was taken off by the trainers late in the game, not to come back. Assuming he's injured, to come off in a vital time in the hands of trainers.

boydogs
25-06-2017, 01:05 AM
Out: Roughead, Dickson, Cordy
In: Roberts, T Boyd, Murphy

Doc26
25-06-2017, 01:18 AM
What happened to Cordy?

Bevo down played it when asked about it in his post match presser. Didn't seem to think there was anything in it.

Happy Days
25-06-2017, 01:47 AM
So I'm not really sure what to do with the big guys. Roughy is probably the best ruckman, Campbell can't be dropped off of the best game of his career, and Boyd has to play.

I'm kind of inclined to play all three and leave Boyd out of the ruck entirely, but that's probably too top heavy. Can't see Roughead getting dropped either. Genuinely intriguing!

Dickson needs a spell; hasn't fired a shot this year.

In - XL-Boyd, Murphy

Out - Cordy (inj)/Redpath, Dickson

SlimPickens
25-06-2017, 03:30 AM
Out: Roughead, Dickson, Cordy
In: Roberts, T Boyd, Murphy

Agree.

To me you play T.Boyd with Campbell or Roughead. Not both. Roberts needs to play and Murphy for Dicko. Depending on Murph I'd also consider Smith for Dicko.

FrediKanoute
25-06-2017, 04:47 AM
Bevo down played it when asked about it in his post match presser. Didn't seem to think there was anything in it.

He had his legs taken out from under him.

SonofScray
25-06-2017, 08:10 AM

With a studs up sliding effort on the ball from the NM player. Not far removed from the Rohan incident that caused the rule change. Yet, no call. That rule is a disgrac, punishing blokes desperate to get hands on the ball.

Tripping and kicking in danger accounts for all the scenarios that can pop up and it should've been utilised in this instance.

lemmon
25-06-2017, 11:51 AM
Agree.

To me you play T.Boyd with Campbell or Roughead. Not both. Roberts needs to play and Murphy for Dicko. Depending on Murph I'd also consider Smith for Dicko.

Can Roughead, Campbell and Boyd all play if Redpath doesnt? I wouldnt mind seeing Boyd play permanent forward

always right
25-06-2017, 11:53 AM
Gee.....I hope Kennedy doesn't get up to play next week. Have no idea who we will play on him. Thought Roughy was serviceable against Brown last night but he simply can't keep up with Kennedy. Big Tom's game last night creates a problem. Not sure we can play all of Roughy, TC and Boyd.......Redpath must remain.

With Jongy out I thought we lacked some running power so getting Murphy back is important and he should replace Dickson who has been poor for weeks and needs a spell with Footscray. JJ was marginally better last night but we simply can't do without his run....although his turnovers were horrendous last night on a couple of occasions.

Great to see Bont's return to form.....and the fact he played so much more in the midfield. Perhaps he is getting over whatever injury he has been carrying.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
25-06-2017, 12:14 PM
Gee.....I hope Kennedy doesn't get up to play next week. Have no idea who we will play on him. Thought Roughy was serviceable against Brown last night but he simply can't keep up with Kennedy. Big Tom's game last night creates a problem. Not sure we can play all of Roughy, TC and Boyd.......Redpath must remain.

With Jongy out I thought we lacked some running power so getting Murphy back is important and he should replace Dickson who has been poor for weeks and needs a spell with Footscray. JJ was marginally better last night but we simply can't do without his run....although his turnovers were horrendous last night on a couple of occasions.

Great to see Bont's return to form.....and the fact he played so much more in the midfield. Perhaps he is getting over whatever injury he has been carrying.

Is Kennedy in the frame to return?

Nuggety Back Pocket
25-06-2017, 12:44 PM

Great to see Bont's return to form.....and the fact he played so much more in the midfield. Perhaps he is getting over whatever injury

he has been carrying.
Campbell was terrific last night and prefer him at this stage to Tom Boyd who has had an ordinary season. Murphy is an obvious inclusion and should replace an out of form Dickson. Prefer also to see Matthew Boyd return after two good performances in the VFL.
Happy to see Suckling miss but doubt it will occur.
In. Murphy M Boyd
Out. Dickson Honeychurch

westbulldog
25-06-2017, 12:44 PM
from westcokes website it seems likely he will play :- June 20,*!2017*!(expected return to play)*!

Kennedy (calf)*!Test

In Murphy (if fit), otherwise Williams, Webb or Lipinski
Out Dickson, sadly his current form can't be tolerated.

I would retain Campbell as his game v North was better than any of Tom Boyd's this year.
No to Roberts as he has been monstered by Kennedy, prefer Cordy.
Banking on Libba and JJ to return to form.

lemmon
25-06-2017, 12:54 PM
Out- Redpath, Dickson, Suckling
In- T Boyd, Murphy, Roberts

Jack's unlucky but I don't think his agility and speed is there and I want to see Tom as a permanent forward.

Roberts plays back, Roughy and Campbell play ruck/forward and Murph slides into Suckling's spot (it wasn't his worst game last night but he's our weakest half back).

Rocco Jones
25-06-2017, 01:28 PM
I feel like we will give Bob the extra week off with a 6 day break playing in Adelaide coming the week after.

If Zaine is injured= Roberts comes in for him.

If Tom Boyd is right, he comes in for Dickson. Might make us a bit top heavy but not like Dickson is offering us mobility. Would drop Dickson anyway. Roberts, Tom Boyd or Matt Boyd.

Doc26
25-06-2017, 05:14 PM

Sorry I meant more in terms of the extent of Zaine's injury, not in terms of the level of crudeness in the NM player's action.

The bulldog tragician
25-06-2017, 05:49 PM
I'm not so sure Murph will be right. He looked quite lame coming up the steps with the coaching panel yesterday, was not moving well at all.

bornadog
25-06-2017, 06:33 PM
For me Depends on injuries.

Possibe Ins: Murphy, Tom Boyd

Possible Outs: Cordy if injured, Picken if knee sore, Dickson needs to find form, we need him later in the year.

I wouldn't be dropping anyone else from last night as it was a real team effort.

Ozza
25-06-2017, 08:56 PM
I think you can play all of Rough/TC and Boyd on certain occasions - and West Coast is one side that you can do it.
I think Roughy's game down back is harshly judged because Brown finally got into the game in the last quarter - up until that point, Roughy had him well held - but the way the game opened up late left the defenders more exposed.

I like the idea of Boyd and Red as fairly permanent forwards - with Tom spending some time rucking. We simply can't allow McGovern, Barass and McKenzie to mark the ball in our 50.

Will wait and see on injuries before making a call on changes. But think it could be Tom for Dicko. Bit of a mystery night for Dicko. Didn't make any mistakes - but just went where the ball wasn't all night. Picko ended up playing the role I thought Dicko would play deep forward.

FWIW, Bevo liked JJ's game and said so in the press conference.

lemmon
25-06-2017, 09:13 PM
I thought Rough was fine at full back on the weekend but we have a better one playing at Footscray.

Roughy is either competing with Roberts for a spot at full back (I'd rather Roberts), competing with Campbell for the first ruck position (and Tom just played the best game we've had from a ruck this year) or they're playing in partnership, which I don't mind as an option.

Ozza
25-06-2017, 09:19 PM
I don't know what to think about Suckling's place in the side.

Makes some outrageous decision errors, regularly costs us goals, and then inevitably has moments like his brilliant goal last night, and perfect kick in to Redpath on the winning play.

With Petrie and Kennedy up forward for West Coast this week - I wouldn't be disappointed to see Roberts replace Suckling in defence, to allow Morris and Wood to match up on Darling and Cripps.

kruder
25-06-2017, 10:49 PM
Im really keen for Dickson and Libba to stay in the side, I just think both players don't need massive numbers to impact and lets back them in for a change to fine form.

The great thing about Campbells game is that he rucked at least 80% of the night something that Roughead fails to do which means Boyd spends too much time in the ruck. Having a tall in the forward line also enabled the Bont to spend more time in the middle which worked wonders when Tom was hitting it down his throat and also allowed Jake to get up the ground a little more. The question is which permanent tall in the forward line? Redpath or Boyd? Redpath wasn't great the other night but once again he hit the score board. You can analyse it any which way but he has kicked 7 goals in three games this year which is good going.

Who is the second ruckman Boyd or Roughead? I cant see Roughead continuing as a defender as i'm not sure there is a much up for him week in week out. If Boyd is fit its going to be an interesting match committee once again thats for sure.

LostDoggy
26-06-2017, 07:14 AM
Petrie kicked 4 this week and has hurt us in the past. Surely Roughy stays in the side to play on him, with Roberts to come in and match up on Kennedy. With McGovern, Darling and Vardy all also forward/Rucking, WCE play very tall forward (even if one of these is dropped this week).

Dickson needs to go to Footscray and find some form. Bob is arguably the best equipped player we have to play the same role with the bonus that he can also fill other roles.

With BTC looking good in 1st Ruck (admittedly on limited evidence of one game), I'd love to get TBoyd back in the team straight away. If Cordy is injured he is would be the out, if not Redpath would be the unfortunate omission.

I worry about JJ/Suckling/Biggs in the same team. For mine that's one too many outside players i similar roles. I think Biggs hurts opposition teams the least and could be a slightly unlucky omission.

I'l go:

In: Roberts, Murphy, TBoyd
Out: Dickson, Cordy (if injured)/Redpath, Biggs

bornadog
26-06-2017, 06:22 PM
Looks like Murphy will play, Tom Boyd back through the VFL and Picken is doubtful.

The Pie Man
27-06-2017, 11:27 AM
Kennedy was ruled out yesterday (Yay) (WA reporter Travis King confirmed yesterday - no LeCras either and apparently Hurn's doubtful as well)

Would be loathe to rest Picken if he's almost right after a return to form last week, but if there's any doubt..

IN: Murphy, M Boyd
OUT: Picken, ...... Dickson or Libba....

always right
27-06-2017, 01:27 PM
Libba wasn't great on Saturday but I think we need him to match up on Priddis/Mitchell. Watching the replay against North, Roughy made some really important spoils.....but with Kennedy likely to be out, it comes down to him and Roberts as to who takes Petrie.

Really hoping both Picken and Murphy come up to replace Dickson. Suckling stays in on the back of his best game for some time.

Mantis
27-06-2017, 01:32 PM
Libba wasn't great on Saturday but I think we need him to match up on Priddis/Mitchell. Watching the replay against North, Roughy made some really important spoils.....but with Kennedy likely to be out, it comes down to him and Roberts as to who takes Petrie.

Really hoping both Picken and Murphy come up to replace Dickson. Suckling stays in on the back of his best game for some time.

Libba spent lots of time forward last Saturday night.. especially in the 3rd qtr. I wouldn't have thought this is the best spot for him.

On Roughy he defended the high ball pretty well, but his lack of acceleration caught him out a few times when his opponent was on the lead. Petrie isn't quick so that match could work ok.

Like the idea of playing Murf forward, but if that was a good game for Suckling we are setting low standards.. perhaps it was better, but still not good.

1eyedog
27-06-2017, 01:35 PM
The only unforced change I'd have this week is Murphy for Suckling. Suckers has had an extended run at it time for a mental recheck in the Magoos.

divvydan
27-06-2017, 06:18 PM
Hurn now ruled out for WCE this week, joining JJK and Lecras on the sidelines.

Axe Man
27-06-2017, 06:22 PM
Star Eagles trio ruled out against Bulldogs (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-06-27/star-eagles-trio-ruled-out-against-bulldogs)

WEST Coast captain Shannon Hurn has been ruled out of Saturday's clash with the Western Bulldogs due to concussion.

The Eagles skipper was involved in a fourth-quarter collision with Melbourne counterpart Jack Viney during last weekend's narrow loss at Domain Stadium.

Two-time Coleman medallist Josh Kennedy (calf) and fellow goalkicker Mark LeCras (hip) have also been ruled out of the clash.

bulldogsthru&thru
27-06-2017, 06:28 PM
No excuses this week. It's essentially an 8pt game given we'll be competing with the eagles for a spot in the 8. Must win

Webby
27-06-2017, 06:48 PM
Star Eagles trio ruled out against Bulldogs (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-06-27/star-eagles-trio-ruled-out-against-bulldogs)

WEST Coast captain Shannon Hurn has been ruled out of Saturday's clash with the Western Bulldogs due to concussion.

The Eagles skipper was involved in a fourth-quarter collision with Melbourne counterpart Jack Viney during last weekend's narrow loss at Domain Stadium.

Two-time Coleman medallist Josh Kennedy (calf) and fellow goalkicker Mark LeCras (hip) have also been ruled out of the clash.

Hurn and Le Cras could almost be dropped on form, however Kennedy always seems to kill us. Schofield's suspension appeal will be very, very interesting.. He's been important for them, lately. This needs to be the game that we rediscover the mojo. Thought we'd get Norf by eight or so goals (prior the game and also in and around halftime), but not to be. This needs to be the week.

josie
27-06-2017, 07:37 PM
Geez I want to see Webb in soon. He is a high quality user and like what I have seen in vfl. He looks really hungry for the ball and would I think do ok at on ball or back or forward type role. Webb and Murph in for whomever is injured or out of form. I would much prefer us putting games into Webb than Suckling however his game on weekend was better so unlikely. Look what has happened to Dale's confidence by leaving him in for a few weeks on end.

always right
27-06-2017, 07:50 PM
I'd really like to see Webb returned to the back flank where his poise, marking and kicking can be a weapon. He should be in our plan to replace Boyd next year.

Insufficient Intent
28-06-2017, 03:16 PM
I'll join the chorus and also reckon Webb deserves a go. Great skills and nous, regularly demonstrated; hate to see him seduced by another club.

LostDoggy
28-06-2017, 04:58 PM
I'm keen to see Webb in the firsts also (as well as Williams) however only 12 touches last week with Footscray says that this is unlikely to be his week.

Mofra
28-06-2017, 05:24 PM
The only unforced change I'd have this week is Murphy for Suckling. Suckers has had an extended run at it time for a mental recheck in the Magoos.
Our players seemed to really be looking the get the ball to Suckling a lot last week, it seems he's heavily in our gameplan. I doubt he goes anywhere.

bornadog
28-06-2017, 06:27 PM
Our players seemed to really be looking the get the ball to Suckling a lot last week, it seems he's heavily in our gameplan. I doubt he goes anywhere.

I don't mind Suckling at all, not sure what the fuss is about.

That kick to Redpath to eventually set up Stringer, I doubt could have been executed by anyone else.

bornadog
28-06-2017, 06:27 PM
If Picken is out with injury, I think Clay will take his place.

1eyedog
29-06-2017, 09:12 AM

Ok I wasn't watching closely. Countless times previously he's been on his own on the switch and hasn't been used. At times he's looked frustrated by this. I'm glad we went through him more last week, in space is where he does his damage. He works hard up the ground but defensively he's a bit of a liability. I'm a bit worried about JJ, Suckers and Murphy all playing down back, hardly a defensive bone in any of their bodies.

LostDoggy
29-06-2017, 10:35 AM
On the topic of Suckling, I really hope our players stop handballing to him when they are 45-50 out about to have a set shot. He ends up taking the kick from 55-60, more often than not has pressure on him and I'm fairly sure he has missed his last 15 attempts. Cannot remember the last one he kicked like this.

soupman
29-06-2017, 10:45 AM
On the topic of Suckling, I really hope our players stop handballing to him when they are 45-50 out about to have a set shot. He ends up taking the kick from 55-60, more often than not has pressure on him and I'm fairly sure he has missed his last 15 attempts. Cannot remember the last one he kicked like this.
Yep, he and JJ are the go to guys for this and aside from the ripper Suckling kicked against Sydney they have each missed pretty much every shot on the run they have had.

There is no way Suckling is dropped btw. His month prior to this week was much worse than his game against North, can't see them dropping him as he returns to form. Also for all his howlers I think he is probably the player to suffer the most when we are struggling. I think the last few weeks he has been trying his arse off and one of the few players to take risks and try and create something, a much harder role when everyone of your targets is out of form, is playing from behind and is offering you nothing in support.

The Pie Man
29-06-2017, 11:02 AM
Ok I wasn't watching closely. Countless times previously he's been on his own on the switch and hasn't been used. At times he's looked frustrated by this. I'm glad we went through him more last week, in space is where he does his damage. He works hard up the ground but defensively he's a bit of a liability. I'm a bit worried about JJ, Suckers and Murphy all playing down back, hardly a defensive bone in any of their bodies.

Bevo made mention of JJ going to Hrovat 'who looked lively' last week and shut him down.

Murph has played some important shut down defensive roles in the past - not sure he'd be first preference today, but he could still do a job.

Webby
29-06-2017, 11:34 AM
I don't mind Suckling at all, not sure what the fuss is about.

That kick to Redpath to eventually set up Stringer, I doubt could have been executed by anyone else.

No doubt that when Suckling's kicks come off, they are a joy to behold... However the issue is that those kicks are few and far between. What's more is that the are junctured with a hell of a lot of terrible turnovers and bad decisions.

I'm sure that when he was at Hawthorn, he kept it a lot simpler. Since coming to us on decent coin with big wraps in his kicking, I feel that he's tried to do too much. He needs to look after the pennies and let the pounds take care of themselves. Not push it so much.

For every good kick, he seems to have 2-3 bad ones - one of which invariably costs us. He's also not the most physical defender I've seen. Put all of that together and he's difficult to really warm to as a player.

bornadog
29-06-2017, 12:10 PM
No doubt that when Suckling's kicks come off, they are a joy to behold... However the issue is that those kicks are few and far between. What's more is that the are junctured with a hell of a lot of terrible turnovers and bad decisions.

I'm sure that when he was at Hawthorn, he kept it a lot simpler. Since coming to us on decent coin with big wraps in his kicking, I feel that he's tried to do too much. He needs to look after the pennies and let the pounds take care of themselves. Not push it so much.

For every good kick, he seems to have 2-3 bad ones - one of which invariably costs us. He's also not the most physical defender I've seen. Put all of that together and he's difficult to really warm to as a player.

Webby, perceived turnovers. Supporters see a few clangers here and there and because they don't like the player they label them. Statistics don't match what you or they say. eg v North, 3 clangers.

Suckling won't be dropped this week.

Mantis
29-06-2017, 02:46 PM
Webby, perceived turnovers. Supporters see a few clangers here and there and because they don't like the player they label them. Statistics don't match what you or they say. eg v North, 3 clangers.

How are turnovers perceived when they are real?

Cyberdoggie
29-06-2017, 03:20 PM

And he gets caught with the ball at least once a game. Holds onto it just that bit too long and takes a long time to go through his kicking motion.

Ozza
29-06-2017, 03:24 PM
There is turnovers, and then there are diabolical turnovers. Unfortunately the Pig has a tendency toward the diabolical ones.

From Saturday - the two that I remember, is first when he was tackled and threw out a panic handball which north took away and goaled from. Then he had that in-between/nothing sort of a kick from deep defence which was turned over and went back over his head.

Webby
29-06-2017, 03:32 PM

Not calling for him to be dropped. Also don't necessarily think stats can bear out slow decision making, lack of vision nor the dangerous positions in which 'clangers' are made. It's a pure observation thing born out of watching the side every week.

jeemak
29-06-2017, 03:40 PM
There is turnovers, and then there are diabolical turnovers. Unfortunately the Pig has a tendency toward the diabolical ones.

From Saturday - the two that I remember, is first when he was tackled and threw out a panic handball which north took away and goaled from. Then he had that in-between/nothing sort of a kick from deep defence which was turned over and went back over his head.

If you're talking about the kick where Morris miss-judged the flight - and hit the contest too hard instead of staying back - in the centre of the ground then I'm not sure that can be put on Suckling.

bornadog
29-06-2017, 04:08 PM
How are turnovers perceived when they are real?

He is not the only one that turns over the ball, but I don't read posters wanting those players dropped.

I think I will trust Bevo on this one. If he plays badly, Bevo will drop him.

Cyberdoggie
29-06-2017, 04:25 PM
The in the mix article suggesting Collins, Hamilton and Smith possibles due to their recent performances.

Not sure if that is just to give them some confidence or what. Has anyone seen Collins play the last couple of weeks where he has got best on ground performances?

He was pretty ordinary last year, looked slow and poor skilled. Interesting to hear if he has improved this year.

bornadog
29-06-2017, 04:45 PM
The in the mix article suggesting Collins, Hamilton and Smith possibles due to their recent performances.

Not sure if that is just to give them some confidence or what. Has anyone seen Collins play the last couple of weeks where he has got best on ground performances?

He was pretty ordinary last year, looked slow and poor skilled. Interesting to hear if he has improved this year.

Hamilton picked up 27 disposals so you never know.

Axe Man
29-06-2017, 04:45 PM
I hope they do go tall, playing 3 average talls will work to our advantage I reckon.

Eagles weigh up three-tower setup for Dogs (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-06-29/eagles-weigh-up-threetower-setup-for-dogs)

WEST Coast is tossing up whether to call on ruckman Scott Lycett for his long-awaited comeback game, with coach Adam Simpson weighing the benefits of trying to expose the Western Bulldogs for height.

Lycett hasn't played AFL since last year's elimination final loss to the Dogs due to a PCL reconstruction followed by shoulder surgery in March, which compounded the absence of star Nic Naitanui.

But after three games back for East Perth, the 203cm big man is under serious consideration to partner recruit Nathan Vardy in the ruck for the first time in Saturday's important clash at Etihad Stadium.

With veteran Drew Petrie certain to hold his spot after booting four goals in the gripping loss to Melbourne last round, the Eagles could take a tall side into the Dogs clash.

"That's always a question you ask when you're playing a team like the Bulldogs, do you try to expose your height or is it going to expose you?" Simpson said.

"They're still a pretty quick, elusive side that playing a taller side against them can be an asset or it can be a real hindrance.

"Drew's playing Josh Kennedy's role at the moment, so I think you can actually handle that (playing all three) with what we're doing.

"Once we get (Lycett) back in, I'd like to try and keep him in. I don't want to rush him back."

Simpson declared West Coast would make multiple changes from the side that went down in a heartstopper to the Dees.

Skipper Shannon Hurn (concussion/hamstring) will miss the trip east, while defender Sharrod Wellingham and potential debutant Luke Partington are traveling with the squad.

"He's very close," Simpson said of Partington. "He's done a lot right. He had 28 touches and kicked four (goals at East Perth) on the weekend and a couple of weeks ago had similar numbers, so he's ready.

"He knows how to kick a goal, he's not a big fella, but he's got that one trait that’s very hard to teach, which is natural ball-winning ability."

LostDoggy
29-06-2017, 05:13 PM
Priddis also allegedly not on the plane. We are getting them at a good time.

Nuggety Back Pocket
29-06-2017, 05:20 PM

I find it hard to understand why he isn't played at half forward. In an ordinary forward line he is capable of snagging a goal or two.
His erratic kicking into attack isn't a great help most of the time.

Mantis
29-06-2017, 06:47 PM
He is not the only one that turns over the ball, but I don't read posters wanting those players dropped.

I think I will trust Bevo on this one. If he plays badly, Bevo will drop him.

I guess the point with Suckling is that his only real asset is his kicking so if that is off, his other parts of the game (defensive game, hard ball wins, etc.) don't make up the difference.

Anyway he will play this week, hope he goes well.

jeemak
29-06-2017, 07:28 PM
Out - Liberatore injured
In - Murphy

Remi Moses
29-06-2017, 07:38 PM
Priddis out as well as no Kennedy is massive .
Schofield out with a hip !!Hmmm so why did they appeal the one game ?

bulldogtragic
29-06-2017, 07:42 PM
Priddis out as well as no Kennedy is massive .
Schofield out with a hip !!Hmmm so why did they appeal the one game ?

That's three very handy outs, as well as Nic Nat not around either. On our home deck, there's not going to be a better time to get them I'd say.

always right
29-06-2017, 08:00 PM
Would like to see Bob up forward.

Rocket Science
29-06-2017, 08:08 PM
Priddis also allegedly not on the plane. We are getting them at a good time.

Are we suitably motivated to capitalise on that though, remains the question.

Remi Moses
29-06-2017, 08:11 PM
Yep . We need to bring it, regardless of their ommisions

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
29-06-2017, 08:15 PM
If ever West Coast are going to find the motivation to win away from Perth this is the moment. They will be primed to hit hard with their backs being up against the wall.

We need to not give them a sniff and for that to oocur we need to do what we've been unable to do thus far in 2017 and put score on the board from the first quarter.

jeemak
29-06-2017, 08:48 PM
For those wanting the published lineup:

Full back D Morris J Roughead J Johannisen
Half back S Biggs E Wood M Suckling
Centreline L Hunter J Macrae R Murphy
Half forward T Dickson J Stringer L Dahlhaus
Full forward B Dale Z Cordy L Picken
Followers T Campbell M Bontempelli T McLean
Interchange M Wallis C Daniel M Honeychurch
J Redpath
Emergencies C Smith F Roberts M Boyd
IN: R. Murphy
OUT: T. Liberatore (cork)

jeemak
29-06-2017, 08:59 PM
I would prefer Red at FF over Cordy, but I doubt will continue with the lineup as published for very long anyway.

Happy enough with the change, I'm disappointed for Liberatore that he can't get some continuity post his spell but it is what it is.

Bulldog Joe
29-06-2017, 09:23 PM
A cork may explain Libba's lack of impact when needed last week and would make his playing forward more understandable.

Perhaps I just want that to be the case and not just a way of easing him out without creating another media storm.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
29-06-2017, 09:29 PM
A cork may explain Libba's lack of impact when needed last week and would make his playing forward more understandable.

Perhaps I just want that to be the case and not just a way of easing him out without creating another media storm.

I'm the same. The only rarionale that makes me think the former is more plausible is that, if its form based wouldn't he need to go back to VFL to tick off the areas he has let himself down in? I mean if he's really been dropped then we'd want him to play this weekend for Footscray.
I guess next week will tell us more. He's either back in the side or he's in the VFL and the same scrutiny is applied to his omission from the media.

1eyedog
29-06-2017, 10:49 PM
If ever West Coast are going to find the motivation to win away from Perth this is the moment. They will be primed to hit hard with their backs being up against the wall.

We need to not give them a sniff and for that to oocur we need to do what we've been unable to do thus far in 2017 and put score on the board from the first quarter.

Same goes. Melbourne, Richmond, St. Kilda and Geelong are massive chances to drop their games and we have a depleted Eagles side at home. We beat them well we jump the Saints and Eagles and find ourselves tied for 5th heading into the Adelaide game.

We need some momentum now!

bornadog
29-06-2017, 11:04 PM
for that to occur we need to do what we've been unable to do thus far in 2017 and put score on the board from the first quarter.

Thought we did that last week.

merantau
29-06-2017, 11:04 PM
We have to be up for it every game from now on in. This season has shown that it doesn't matter who's in or who's out - just about any team can beat any team at any time. Especially if the mental state is not right.

North kicked 10 .4 to zero against Adelaide in a quarter. Hawthorn beat Adelaide. Geelonh lost 3 on end and Freo should have beaten them. Melbourne won for the first time in yonks over in Perth.

We have to be ready and primed from the off.

Ozza
29-06-2017, 11:12 PM
If we can't beat the team West Coast are putting on the field this week, then it is probably fair that we have September off this year.

West Coast in Melbourne - with no Kennedy, Priddis, NicNat, Schofield, Hurn.... no excuse for not winning this.

AndrewP6
30-06-2017, 12:21 AM
If we can't beat the team West Coast are putting on the field this week, then it is probably fair that we have September off this year.

West Coast in Melbourne - with no Kennedy, Priddis, NicNat, Schofield, Hurn.... no excuse for not winning this.

Don't forget Josh Hill, he's not playing either. :cool: ;)

LostDoggy
30-06-2017, 11:08 AM

Was my initial thought, but he had heavy strapping at training on his quad. So probably explains last weeks performance and time forward.

Axe Man
30-06-2017, 11:28 AM
Was my initial thought, but he had heavy strapping at training on his quad. So probably explains last weeks performance and time forward.

Right you are Jaytee, strapping can be seen here:
https://s24.postimg.org/4p6886led/Libba.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/gr1m2bump/)

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
30-06-2017, 01:13 PM
Thought we did that last week.

Sorry probably not articulated very well. I meant not only score, but keep them quiet. We were only 3 goals in front by Qtr time against North, and had only 3 less scoring shots than us.
We need the quarter time score against Wet Toast remind them that they are up against it. If they're only 3 goals adrift at Qtr time with their outs, then they will be buoyed by that.