PDA

View Full Version : New assistant coaches or roles

Dry Rot
14-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Our backline, midfield and forwardline assistant coaches are all different form last season, with a new guy and others changing roles.

For those that go to training, anyone notice any differences with drills etc? What's Dean like?

LostDoggy
14-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Our backline, midfield and forwardline assistant coaches are all different form last season, with a new guy and others changing roles.

For those that go to training, anyone notice any differences with drills etc? What's Dean like?

I met Brad Gotch a while back and he seems to be doing a lot of work with the young recruits. Nice bloke.

I didn't see Leon Cameron there the past 3 times I went.

John Barnes has been there everytime I've been working with the rucks, not as much a clown as I thought.

Wayne Campbell is there. Not notuied much 1 on 1 on him talking to a group.

Dean?

GVGjr
14-01-2008, 10:19 PM
It will be interesting to see and hear how Peter Dean and Simon Dalrymple are settling in.
Good to hear that Barnes is active with the tall blokes.

LostDoggy
14-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Ohh Peter Dean, sorry. He has been there every time I've been. Still looks a country boy. Seems serious.

I'm not sure what Simon Dalrymple and James Fantasia look like. There are 1 or 2 others helping out. One guy (bleached blond hair) is a former u19 player at the club I'm told. Only a few trainers.

Sitting with us each time is a Sports Mechanics? guy from Vic Uni, a female assistant or more and(sometimes a video guy). One has a laptop, with wireless network connection and there GPS equipment around. The assistant goes out to Rocket to check when to start certain tests I guess. The other day I heard them mentioning body temperatures.

Local western suburbs sports fans might be interested to know John Sharp turned up to watch last week.

GVGjr
14-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Local western suburbs sports fans might be interested to know John Sharp turned up to watch last week.

The gun Bulldogs all-rounder? Isn't he the guy who bounced Bill Lawry at a training session?

LostDoggy
14-01-2008, 11:27 PM
The gun Bulldogs all-rounder? Isn't he the guy who bounced Bill Lawry at a training session?

I only know bits of the 'legend'.
Gun local sportman. Criket and football? VFA?
Somehow I recognised him.

Sockeye Salmon
15-01-2008, 10:31 AM

Yep. There were two of them, Sharp and Geoff Horsbough (brother of the Essendon president). They were miffed that they weren't getting what they believed was a decent go so before training they had a few drinks and decided to let Lawry know they weren't happy.

Bad career move.

Mantis
15-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Yep. There were two of them, Sharp and Geoff Horsbough (brother of the Essendon president). They were miffed that they weren't getting what they believed was a decent go so before training they had a few drinks and decided to let Lawry know they weren't happy.

Bad career move.

Now both are Saturday sippers watching Willi CC.

LostDoggy
16-01-2008, 01:05 AM
It will be interesting to see and hear how Peter Dean and Simon Dalrymple are settling in.
Good to hear that Barnes is active with the tall blokes.

Peter Dean has settled in remarkably well players are working well with him. Barnsey was comfortable with players and players with him from the first day, words by one player were he makes training fun . Not sure on Dalrymple.