PDA

View Full Version : Who's going on Friday night?

Eastdog
20-08-2017, 09:10 PM
Could well be our last game of 2017 and Bobs last game and M Boyd if he plays especially if we don't get up but I'm hopeful its not our last we get up and results go our way on Sunday.

I'll be there.

Go Dogs!

hujsh
20-08-2017, 10:34 PM
I'd organised for a group of 10 to go (more than I really wanted but whatever) of which three are still unaffiliated.

So I'll still be there. Kind of annoyed that it's turned out to be less important than it should but them's the breaks.

There will also be a couple of Cats, another Doggie (though I haven't met him he's the BF of an unaffiliated which is a good start) and the others aren't particularly passionate.

What I really need is some good ammunition against the Cast supporters since they already converted someone behind my back. I don't really have any 'they cheated the salary cap' or 'they're drug chreats' or 'all their supporters are posh arseholes' type response ready for them. Best I have is one of them defends Essendon so their judgement shouldn't be counted on.

The recruitment is now more important to me than the game I think

Ozza
21-08-2017, 10:00 AM
I'll be there.

mjp
21-08-2017, 10:10 AM
I might head across as it will most likely be the last game for a couple of favorite sons...doesn't look like I need to save my pennies for a finals trip (or two) this year.

KT31
21-08-2017, 10:21 AM
Would love to be there, unfortunately have to work.

westdog54
21-08-2017, 10:44 AM
If Bevo embraces his romantic side and gives Boyd a game there will be over 900 matches of experience leaving the game on Friday night, and that's not counting Josh Gibson. I think the crowd will be enormous.

Twodogs
21-08-2017, 11:20 AM
I'd organised for a group of 10 to go (more than I really wanted but whatever) of which three are still unaffiliated.

So I'll still be there. Kind of annoyed that it's turned out to be less important than it should but them's the breaks.

There will also be a couple of Cats, another Doggie (though I haven't met him he's the BF of an unaffiliated which is a good start) and the others aren't particularly passionate.

What I really need is some good ammunition against the Cast supporters since they already converted someone behind my back. I don't really have any 'they cheated the salary cap' or 'they're drug chreats' or 'all their supporters are posh arseholes' type response ready for them. Best I have is one of them defends Essendon so their judgement shouldn't be counted on.

The recruitment is now more important to me than the game I think

Redheaded, bucktoothed, inbred, farmboys. There you go. Four things to start with,

If they want to start you need to be prepared to finish them.;)

bornadog
21-08-2017, 12:11 PM
Going with my Hawthorn mate, he has tickets.

craigsahibee
21-08-2017, 01:02 PM
I'll be there.

Then when I wake up on Saturday morning it will be Cricket Season.

Eastdog
21-08-2017, 02:25 PM
If Bevo embraces his romantic side and gives Boyd a game there will be over 900 matches of experience leaving the game on Friday night, and that's not counting Josh Gibson. I think the crowd will be enormous.

Would be great hopefully to see Matty Boyd play.

Bulldog4life
21-08-2017, 06:17 PM
Going with my Hawthorn mate, he has tickets.

Same here I am going with a Hawks mate. Actually not fond of going with an opposition supporter. Never seems to work out for me. But mates before Bulldogs.....hang on:confused:

bornadog
21-08-2017, 06:28 PM
Same here I am going with a Hawks mate. Actually not fond of going with an opposition supporter. Never seems to work out for me. But mates before Bulldogs.....hang on:confused:

I normally try and avoid going with opposition supporters as well.

Smads57
21-08-2017, 06:44 PM
I need to be there for Bob and Matty to say farewell. I'm sure there will be tears at the end of the game....

dadsgirl16
21-08-2017, 06:53 PM
Lucky to get the Medallion Club front row seats...I have a nice boss!

hujsh
21-08-2017, 07:06 PM
Redheaded, bucktoothed, inbred, farmboys. There you go. Four things to start with,

If they want to start you need to be prepared to finish them.;)

So basically a bunch of Cameron Lings

Eastdog
21-08-2017, 07:25 PM
Hopefully we keep the dream alive for Bob. Win Friday and have all the results go our way on Sunday and we get in :) Whatever happens Bob and Matt = Bulldog legends.

Eastdog
21-08-2017, 07:27 PM
Lucky to get the Medallion Club front row seats...I have a nice boss!

Sounds like great seats dadsgirl16.

I got a good seat close to our cheer squad.

Level 1 Aisle 27.

Would be nice to finish the H&A season with a home game next year powering towards the 2018 finals hopefully.

LostDoggy
21-08-2017, 09:17 PM
Are our cheer squad at the Lockett end? If so I'm glad as my seats are Aisle 18. Am going too. My daughter is coming too and she just gets back from OS holiday at lunchtime Friday.

The bulldog tragician
21-08-2017, 09:20 PM
Definitely going

cinder
21-08-2017, 10:24 PM
Are our cheer squad at the Lockett end? If so I'm glad as my seats are Aisle 18. Am going too. My daughter is coming too and she just gets back from OS holiday at lunchtime Friday.

I believe they are, yes. Which I don't get as it's an away game ...

Eastdog
22-08-2017, 12:27 AM

http://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2017-08-07/hawks-clash-a-dogs-member-replacement-game?camefrom=EMCL_1782583_70896788

Our Cheer Squad will be in Aisle 25 for this match which is the same end as we have for all home games at Etihad Stadium.

Daughter of the West
22-08-2017, 08:36 AM
I'm devastated I can't make it - I'll be in Sydney for the weekend.

Pretty sad to be missing Bob's (& maybe Keith's) last game.

Twodogs
22-08-2017, 09:11 AM
So basically a bunch of Cameron Lings

Cameron Ling is like an educated articulate shaven version of what I mean exactly!

Axe Man
25-08-2017, 02:28 PM
Game is a sell out apparently. Anybody else rocking up with their membership to scan in? I assume they have to allow for so many walk up GA members from both sides but the question is how many? I should be there an hour before the game, hope it's early enough!

Edit: Just been told only 2000 walk up tickets...:mad:

angelopetraglia
25-08-2017, 02:40 PM
I was at Bob's first game and will definitely be at his last.

Axe Man
25-08-2017, 03:02 PM
Game is a sell out apparently. Anybody else rocking up with their membership to scan in? I assume they have to allow for so many walk up GA members from both sides but the question is how many? I should be there an hour before the game, hope it's early enough!

Edit: Just been told only 2000 walk up tickets...:mad:

I've just booked a standing room ticket (only ones left) to guarantee entry. It's a long way to come to not get in.

jeemak
25-08-2017, 03:42 PM
I managed to snaffle some tickets via my GF's work.......feeling lucky.

Twodogs
25-08-2017, 04:43 PM
I managed to snaffle some tickets via my GF's work.......feeling lucky.

Mate. I'm not a results driven supporter (you'd be/go crazy saying that you follow the Bulldogs due to all the success we've had down through the years, it must be something else that keeps us coming back) but even I'm wondering how lucky we will think we are at siren time tonight. It's going to be bloody cold at the MCG.:)

jeemak
25-08-2017, 04:49 PM
Mate. I'm not a results driven supporter (you'd be/go crazy saying that you follow the Bulldogs due to all the success we've had down through the years, it must be something else that keeps us coming back) but even I'm wondering how lucky we will think we are at siren time tonight. It's going to be bloody cold at the MCG.:)

MCG?

I really don't want the Hawks to get up for Hodge, with us losing for Bob and Boydy. Hodge has had enough of the good stuff.

bornadog
25-08-2017, 05:23 PM
MCG?

I really don't want the Hawks to get up for Hodge, with us losing for Bob and Boydy. Hodge has had enough of the good stuff.

Lucky it's at Etihad with the roof.

G-Mo77
25-08-2017, 05:29 PM
I won't be there. I was supposed to be at the inlaws this weekend but got struck down with the flu, a real flu. I'll ve watching on TV listening to the sweet sounds of Cameron Ling.

HOSE B ROMERO
25-08-2017, 06:11 PM
Yep got lvl 3, 4 rows from the back... premium seats i've been reliably told. Would be nice to win but either way there should be a lot of love for the fab 4: Boydy, Murph, Hodgey & Gibbo.

Mantis
25-08-2017, 07:38 PM
I got here about 6.30 and used my membership.. Minimal people in the standing room areas at present.

josie
25-08-2017, 08:03 PM
I'm devastated I can't make it - I'll be in Sydney for the weekend.

Pretty sad to be missing Bob's (& maybe Keith's) last game.

I will cheer twice as loud for you DoW, hope you are able to watch it on TV.

bornadog
25-08-2017, 08:07 PM
I won't be there. I was supposed to be at the inlaws this weekend but got struck down with the flu, a real flu. I'll ve watching on TV listening to the sweet sounds of Cameron Ling.
Hope you feel better. The Flu has struck with a vengeance, many coming down with it

GVGjr
25-08-2017, 08:25 PM
I've struggled all week with a cold but I was fortunate enough to get upgraded seats for tonight. Hoping for a win.

Twodogs
25-08-2017, 08:31 PM
MCG?

I am in so much pain from this pinched nerve i'm doing well to remember what city i am in.