PDA

View Full Version : Stringer Trade Worth

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11

Dancin' Douggy
15-10-2017, 05:50 PM
All I know for sure is Jake will kick bags of goals against us all the bloody time.

The thought got of him doing what he does best against us with his sh1t together really grabs my goat.
Oh me too. Me too. It's gonna sting bad.

GVGjr
15-10-2017, 05:54 PM
Mjp multiple Bulldogs have already said they'd be happy to have him back

I don't think it's up to the players to say otherwise in the public. Of course he is a mate to a lot of them but there would also be some that would be happy if he goes.

We would all like to believe that if he stays someone will work some magic and in the end it will just be a bump while we are on the way to our next flag but having seen what happens when you have the likes of Hardie or Akermanis around a club when they aren't happy it's sometimes best to cut your losses and move the player on.

To me it comes down to if Bevo has the confidence in Jake and if Jake is happy to put it all behind him and work with the coach.
If I had to guess at this moment I think the two of them are too far apart from what the other expects.

Rocket Science
15-10-2017, 06:15 PM
A premiership soothes many ills, but should we end up just grabbing what we can in an effort to move on I think some pretty probing questions need to be asked about how we've managed a young, blue chip asset to find ourselves in the current predicament.

I'm not just referring to the last month - without absolving Jake of his responsibility as a well-paid professional - but everything that's lead us here.

Fine, we snuck a flag amidst it all, but taking a broader, more honest view, if we cannot extract fair value for him (which is looking more unlikely) it's been a failure.

I can fathom the club reaching pussy's bow with Jake, but we should've ensured we dispatched the grenade rather than allowing it go off in our face.

dog town
15-10-2017, 06:41 PM
I know this thread is focussing more on the actual trade but have we ever got to the bottom of why Stringers form has dropped so dramatically? I think it has a major impact on what we do with the trade.

I watched some of our 2016 games today and its hard to remember someones attack on the ball falling away so dramatically. Since 2015 he has avoided contact at all costs and I am just not sure why. At first I thought he must have been carrying an injury but its been two seasons now. The off field stuff certainly wouldn't impact his attack on the ball or courage. If he doesn't shake his inability to compete then two second round picks is a great deal. If he gets back to 2015 Stringer then we are getting smashed on this deal.

Did I just not notice him shirking contests in his first two seasons?

GVGjr
15-10-2017, 06:52 PM
I know this thread is focussing more on the actual trade but have we ever got to the bottom of why Stringers form has dropped so dramatically? I think it has a major impact on what we do with the trade.

I watched some of our 2016 games today and its hard to remember someones attack on the ball falling away so dramatically. Since 2015 he has avoided contact at all costs and I am just not sure why. At first I thought he must have been carrying an injury but its been two seasons now. The off field stuff certainly wouldn't impact his attack on the ball or courage. If he doesn't shake his inability to compete then two second round picks is a great deal. If he gets back to 2015 Stringer then we are getting smashed on this deal.

Did I just not notice him shirking contests in his first two seasons?

I've never thought he was a physical player and his tackling efforts have always been a bit down except for that one with Higgins ;)
From memory I think the excuse was that he had issues with his back and shoulders but I agree his work rate has been down and along with it his form. I think he has some bad habits mainly around effort and perhaps thats one of the things we tried to address with him.

Could you imagine how good he could be if Clarko got a hold of him and got in fit and focused like he did with Lake?

Stringer needs to learn that if you aren't having a great game you can still make an impact by applying pressure on the opposition.
He isn't even close to reaching his potential

bornadog
15-10-2017, 08:04 PM
Stringer needs to learn that if you aren't having a great game you can still make an impact by applying pressure on the opposition.
He isn't even close to reaching his potential

Dickson is a prime example. If he is not kicking goals he is continually attacking.
Stringer did carry that shoulder after May collected him but agree he does tend to avoid contact. When is the last time he sat in front of the pack to take a mark. He tends to wait for the crumbs

Ghost Dog
15-10-2017, 09:53 PM
I don't think it's up to the players to say otherwise in the public. Of course he is a mate to a lot of them but there would also be some that would be happy if he goes.

We would all like to believe that if he stays someone will work some magic and in the end it will just be a bump while we are on the way to our next flag but having seen what happens when you have the likes of Hardie or Akermanis around a club when they aren't happy it's sometimes best to cut your losses and move the player on.

To me it comes down to if Bevo has the confidence in Jake and if Jake is happy to put it all behind him and work with the coach.
If I had to guess at this moment I think the two of them are too far apart from what the other expects.

Gosh what on earth can Jake reasonably expect? You turn up or you are out. Thinks his poo smells of rose petals.

LostDoggy
15-10-2017, 10:05 PM
I honestly don't know how to feel about the whole situation. I go from hoping he'll stay to wanting him out based on the things I've heard about him. I also want Essendon to miss out due to their arrogance over the last week. I'm just so sick of the 2017 season and off-season!

Doc26
15-10-2017, 11:29 PM
If Essendon persist early in the week with their lousy 25 and 30 offer for Jake we have to shut the door on them early. This would be daylight robbery if we buckled at this, with Dodoro laughing all the way to the bank capitalising on our misfortune.

Everyone is telling them that we will give in, that he can't go back, and that he's not worth a first rounder. I say rubbish to this. Dodoro won't like it but given that they've gambled away their pick 11, we must hold firm by raising the stakes on their 2018 first rounder as the absolute minimum.

If it falls through, hey conflict happens in any organisation. We can all be grown ups and turn this around.

Let's prove them ALL wrong again, just like we did in 2016.

And if we do want Schache, let's work on it without any reliance on what Dodoro might bring us.

The Adelaide Connection
16-10-2017, 12:49 AM
Playing the mental health card? His Dad is going to get involved? Perpetuating unsubsantiated rumours?

This is getting uglier and uglier. The wolves are certainly at the door. It's going to be a long four days...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/western-bulldogs/jake-stringer-could-walk-for-nothing-next-year-if-dogs-dont-take-dons-deal/news-story/4f471c6dcd5e3f479feec5c570dc29c5

Jake Stringer could walk for nothing next year if Dogs don’t take Don’s deal

ESSENDON will call the bluff of Jake Stringer’s Western Bulldogs, adamant its deal of picks 25 and 30 for the mercurial star is its final offer.

Stringer’s management has made it clear over the weekend the 23-year-old will under no circumstances return to the Dogs.

The Stringer camp believes the Dogs have backflipped after list manager Jason McCartney said on Saturday he was welcome back.

In the meeting which paved the way for Stringer to explore his options the coach and officials made it clear his position was untenable.

His management believe the forward, who flies out for America on Monday, would be put in an unhealthy environment for his mental health to return.

It would put him back into the group of friends who the Dogs believed were troublesome, with Stringer still at odds with wife Abby and her friends among the Dogs players.

Stringer and his family both believe he could not face coach Luke Beveridge and play under him next year, having been pushed so quickly out the door.

Essendon’s offer of 25 and 30 is worth 1385 points under the values assigned to draft picks, almost identical to the value of this year’s pick 10 (1395 points).

The Dogs could have received pick 11 last week if they handed back pick 26, but as they stalled pick 11 went to GWS in the Devon Smith deal.

Stringer will not sit out of footy next year but could go into the 2018 pre-season draft after playing one more year, leaving the Dogs with no compensation.

His father will speak publicly at a PwC Australia trade-related breakfast today, expected to weigh in on his son’s situation.

The Stringer family is understood to believe only a fresh start will reinvigorate his career.

Essendon will clinch a deal for Adam Saad in coming days, almost certainly for a 2018 second-round pick.

JON RALPH ASSESSES WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN THE LAST FOUR DAYS OF TRADE PERIOD
■ JAKE STRINGER

Essendon has offered picks 25 and 30 and would like a late pick back for Jake Stringer, but the Dogs say they want more.

This deal could get messy given the emotions involved, but there is no way he can go back to a Dogs’ outfit which said he was uncoachable.

Twodogs
16-10-2017, 01:46 AM
Getting Stringer's father involved is a mistake. Youd have thought that his management learned with the Trade Radio stunt but obviouslly not they because they are about to turn the stupidity dial up to eleven.

bornadog
16-10-2017, 03:30 AM
Getting Stringer's father involved is a mistake. Youd have thought that his management learned with the Trade Radio stunt but obviouslly not they because they are about to turn the stupidity dial up to eleven.

There are a couple of senior guys at PWC that are doggies supporters. I went to a business breakfast there early in the year and they said they had the grandfinal running on loop for the whole year, in a special "chill out" area. I suspect they organised Stringers father as a guest speaker.

ratsmac
16-10-2017, 06:38 AM
I think it's time we go for one of Essendon's stars. Even if its not no chance but purley to rock the boat. Lets talk to Zac Merrett's management and throw big $$ offers and try to unsettle them. Let's get Zac to do what Griffen did to us and demand a trade. They (essendon) have really gotten into Jake's head and they have made sure his position is untenable with us. We need to play dirty to get the best outcome for us. We are the losing a AA and premiership player who is a match winner with X factor. Pay up or no deal. I'd rather he try and sit out the season and see how that works out for him than to trade him for peanuts. We can't have terms dictated to us by Essendon and Jake's management while we hold the aces that being he is a contracted player.

comrade
16-10-2017, 06:56 AM
Another media hatchet job.

Some of my favourites:

The Stringer camp is still perpetuating the myth that he was blindsided by Luke Beveridge, despite mountains of evidence that his behaviour was off the charts for almost a year now.

Earnestly comparing picks 25 and 30 to pick 10. We are getting steamrolled by the footy media and we're firing nothing back. It's weird.

Playing the mental health card. Ask Tom Boyd what he thinks about that....

---

I'm really torn right now.

If he stays at the club by some miracle, there's a part of me that honestly hopes we just let him rot in the VFL all year.

I don't see how we get out of this with our dignity in tact.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2017, 07:33 AM

Some of my favourites:

The Stringer camp is still perpetuating the myth that he was blindsided by Luke Beveridge, despite mountains of evidence that his behaviour was off the charts for almost a year now.

Earnestly comparing picks 25 and 30 to pick 10. We are getting steamrolled by the footy media and we're firing nothing back. It's weird.

---

If he stays at the club by some miracle, there's a part of me that honestly hopes we just let him rot in the VFL all year.

Only by dealing with Geelong. The story changes to how Essendon blew their chance by being unreasonable.

Grantysghost
16-10-2017, 08:07 AM
Pick 25 and 30 is a bad deal. Equating it to pick 10 is non sensical .... I may need a self imposed media black out until Friday it’s starting to become nauseating . Let’s hope Geelong are still sniffing around, although the way it’s played out and been handled by Jake’s camp may have them running for the hills, bringing his dad into it the latest bad idea. If the club has done everything to support Jake during the year physically and mentally it beggars belief you can spin it as a mental health related issue now. Hard to see him back playing now at dogs, we could end up with a Cam McCarthy situation.

bornadog
16-10-2017, 08:35 AM
Paul Connors unleashes on the Western Bulldogs (http://aflnation.com.au/2017/10/16/paul-connors-unleashes-on-the-western-bulldogs/)

Paul Connors has gone after the Western Bulldogs saying the club “doesn’t want” Jake Stringer and shouldn’t be playing hardball with this trade.

Stringer nominated Essendon, but with the Bombers already trading their first round pick, the Dogs are pushing back hard.
“We're hopeful of getting a deal done. They don't want him, so why wouldn't it happen?” Connors told NAB AFL Trade Radio.

“Why do these clubs just dictate when they kick a player out what pick they get?”
Connors confirmed Stringer never wanted to leave the Bulldogs, but the club forced their hand.

“It wasn't Jake's option, he wanted to stay. Now they've said they want him to go... it's time to go,” Connors said.
“Given we didn't initiate this, and they can say it was a mutual decision, I'd like to maybe challenge that.”

The Bombers are also targeting Gold Coast defender Adam Saad and may struggle to get all three trades done.

Grantysghost
16-10-2017, 08:59 AM
Just to augment the previous post, they sound a little desperate to me.

@craighutchy on Stringer deal: Do you think two second rounds is fair?

Connors: I do. But they blinked, they could've had pick 11

Connors: Why do these clubs dictate what pick they get when they kick a player out?

Dodoro: We did put an offer to the Bulldogs that had pick 11 in it, the declined it and (GWS) Craig (Cameron) was smart enough to jump on it

bulldogsthru&thru
16-10-2017, 09:28 AM
Just to augment the previous post, they sound a little desperate to me.

@craighutchy on Stringer deal: Do you think two second rounds is fair?

Connors: I do. But they blinked, they could've had pick 11

Connors: Why do these clubs dictate what pick they get when they kick a player out?

Dodoro: We did put an offer to the Bulldogs that had pick 11 in it, the declined it and (GWS) Craig (Cameron) was smart enough to jump on it

Connors is getting very very desperate now. He's scraping the bottom of the barrel to get something done.

bulldogsthru&thru
16-10-2017, 09:33 AM
Only by dealing with Geelong. The story changes to how Essendon blew their chance by being unreasonable.

To be honest the way this whole thing has gone, if the deal with the cheats is 25 and 30 just send him to Geelong for a 2nd rounder. Stringer and his management as well as the cheats can GAGF.

Stringer is a MASSIVE problem and i don't think we'd have him back at the club. But we need to hold firm in any case. Now is not the time to bend.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2017, 09:38 AM
To be honest the way this whole thing has gone, if the deal with the cheats is 25 and 30 just send him to Geelong for a 2nd rounder. Stringer and his management as well as the cheats can GAGF.

Stringer is a MASSIVE problem and i don't think we'd have him back at the club. But we need to hold firm in any case. Now is not the time to bend.

Geelong could make a really decent offer, especially if we throw in some of his salary. This is our best option.

ledge
16-10-2017, 09:39 AM
Connors is contradicting himself every time he opens his mouth.
He is from Essendons mould no doubt ,reminds me of Hird , blame the club none of it's his fault.
Message to you Connors you are his agent , where were you when he was going off the rails ?
Where were you managing his time to get to appointments that were organised to help him and he didn't turn up ?
You didn't manage him at all
You just got him a contract them took the money and ran , turning a blind eye to his behaviour.

Twodogs
16-10-2017, 09:40 AM

Some of my favourites:

---

It's easy. We hold firm and let everybody else go crazy. We hold all the cards because Jake is contracted to us and if he wants to play footy next year he plays where we tell him too. If he wants to sit out a year and not get paid at all, then that suits our purposes as. Well.

My dear old dad always used to say "never let an idiot see a job that's half done". Now I know exactly what he meant.

LostDoggy
16-10-2017, 09:44 AM
Getting Geelong or any other club to make a reasonable offer seems the key now. Denying Essendon would be a great result. The lack of activity (even speculation) from a lot of clubs thus far makes me think surprises are coming. A club like North were reportedly throwing huge money at Dustin Martin and Josh Kelly over the season but are not being linked to anyone over the trade period. Clubs like Collingwood, Carlton and St Kilda have also been quieter than usual. These clubs need to get members excited. With Stringer the biggest fish available, surely one or more of these would be tempted to get involved.

DOG GOD
16-10-2017, 09:44 AM
Hold firm dogs....do it OUR way.

bulldogsthru&thru
16-10-2017, 09:54 AM
So Connors, you really are desperate and making things up to get your way. An article of fox sports has Connors saying Jake has gone to the US and may stay there if a trade doesn't get done. So Stringer doesn't want to leave Victoria so he can be close to his kids yet will stay overseas for a year if he doesn't get traded? Nice one Connors.

hujsh
16-10-2017, 10:15 AM

Some of my favourites:

---

Me too (but I don't want him in the VFL with our young guys)

hujsh
16-10-2017, 10:17 AM
So Connors, you really are desperate and making things up to get your way. An article of fox sports has Connors saying Jake has gone to the US and may stay there if a trade doesn't get done. So Stringer doesn't want to leave Victoria so he can be close to his kids yet will stay overseas for a year if he doesn't get traded? Nice one Connors.

Jesus what a load of Bullshit. That's a great way to cement the deadbeat Dad image he's going for though. Maybe he can stay in Vegas?

1eyedog
16-10-2017, 10:21 AM
Yeah good career move Jake, stay in Las Vegas for a year and sort those mental health issues out. Perhaps his old man should be on the blower to his son talking some sense into him rather than on trade radio bleeting absolute crap on behalf of Jake because he doesn't want to face his demons.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2017, 10:31 AM
Saad deal apparently going in shortly. If 25 & 30 wont get done by us, and their 2018 1st won’t get done by them. Well, who blinks?

Unless Geelong get in quick.

Rocket Science
16-10-2017, 10:32 AM
"I'm really excited for Essendon."

Dwayne Russell ladies and gentlemen, merely echoing the sentiments of the meeja choir.

How utterly f***ing nauseating is the barracking with glee for the drug cheats to scoop up as much as they can this trade period?

Dwayne's right, we should just bend over, say thank you and get out of their way en route to a feelgood flag for the ages.

That'd be great for the game. Don't ya think?

----

And to compound it there's now a "better grab #25 while it's there Bulldogs" narrative with the Saad deal brewing.

They're evidently just f**ing with us now while the talking heads cheer them on. If we're weak-kneed enough to fall for it we deserve what we've reaped.

hujsh
16-10-2017, 10:45 AM
"I'm really excited for Essendon."

Dwayne Russell ladies and gentlemen, merely echoing the sentiments of the meeja choir.

How utterly f***ing nauseating is the barracking with glee for the drug cheats to scoop up as much as they can this trade period?

Dwayne's right, we should just bend over, say thank you and get out of their way en route to a feelgood flag for the ages.

That'd be great for the game. Don't ya think?

----

And to compound it there's now a "better grab #25 while it's there Bulldogs" narrative with the Saad deal brewing.

They're evidently just f**ing with us now while the talking heads cheer them on. If we're weak-kneed enough to fall for it we deserve what we've reaped.

I'd rather burn down AFL house than help Essendon. I'd rather see Stringer play ammo's next year than help Essendon. I'd rather the club pay for Jake's kids until they finish Uni than help Essendon.

*!*!*!*! Essendon. *!*!*!*! Connors. *!*!*!*! the shitty media that see Essendon as victims and feelgood comeback kids. It's disgusting.

G-Mo77
16-10-2017, 11:11 AM
Saad to Bombres for 2018 2nd round pick

bulldogtragic
16-10-2017, 11:13 AM
Saad to Bombres for 2018 2nd round pick

So they won’t put up their 1st at a guess then. So it’s 25 & 30. Take it or leave it. Or go to Geelong.

Axe Man
16-10-2017, 11:14 AM
Jay Clark:
Smart from Bombers again. Future second-round pick for Saad means their current future first-round pick can't be traded. Off-limits.

hujsh
16-10-2017, 11:17 AM
Jay Clark:
Smart from Bombers again. Future second-round pick for Saad means their current future first-round pick can't be traded. Off-limits.
FFS. "Now you have to take our shit deal because we CAN'T offer anything better." Art of the Deal baby!

Also

(Connors)On the Stringer and Watts’ situations
“That’s the interesting theme, isn’t it? The two clubs I’m involved with, saying we want you not to explore options, this was ‘We want you out’. It wasn’t ‘Go and explore options’. It was ‘You are no longer required or wanted’. Let’s make sure that’s stressed. And then we forgot the caveat ‘But we want pick 15’. Well that wasn’t said, and as Robbie (D’Orazio) and I have discussed, we’ll ask more questions next time but this wasn’t a line in the sand moment for Jake Stringer. This was passed that.”

Now we're just lying it seems

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
16-10-2017, 11:19 AM
If Essendon end up with Jake, at this point I will be beyond livid.
The whole spin that we passed on their offer of pick 11 is a straight up lie and its a shame no one is calling that out. It was a 15 pick upgrade... If they had offered pick 11 straight this would've been a done deal already.
Right now..as untenable as it seems to be for Jake to play for us...barring Geelong giving us their first two picks..I'm all for Refusing to trade.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2017, 11:19 AM
Jay Clark:

Smart or potential back fire of epic proportions?

bulldogsthru&thru
16-10-2017, 11:21 AM
FFS. "Now you have to take our shit deal because we CAN'T offer anything better." Art of the Deal baby!

Also

Now we're just lying it seems

Normally i wouldn't be too phased about all of this as i believe in karma and that all this Stringer stuff would come back to bite essendon in the a$$. But then i remember this is the AFL and they reward bad things like taking performance enhancing drugs. So it's no wonder we are the bad guys here

bulldogtragic
16-10-2017, 11:23 AM
Time to walk away. Only 72 hours with some talented players on the competition trade table. Focus on things that will happen.

Ozza
16-10-2017, 11:25 AM
The Saad deal is outstanding work from Essendon. Second rounder next year....if they have a good year, the pick will be in the 30s.

Bulldog4life
16-10-2017, 11:29 AM
That article reads that it wasn't Stringer's fault but other players were the troublesome ones. What a load of rubbish. They have completely turned this Stringer thing around. Putting other players of ours into the problem child basket. Disgraceful.

1eyedog
16-10-2017, 11:31 AM
It's getting close to us needing to make an official statement on all this shit.

The Bulldogs Bite
16-10-2017, 11:35 AM
At this point I hope he stays and either:

a) Rots in the VFL
or
b) Stays in Las Vegas for 12 months and then waddles to Essendon for free next year 25kg overweight and broke.

Connors, Essendon and Stringer can all piss and moan for 12 months.

Topdog
16-10-2017, 11:36 AM
We are going to fold and get screwed over. I can feel it in my bones. The regular Bulldog disappointment is coming back after the highs of 2016

bulldogtragic
16-10-2017, 11:38 AM
Wait for the stories about us all being horrible humans if he gets booed at his new club, eventually. They’ll be calls to lock us all up.

Dry Rot
16-10-2017, 11:46 AM
Stuff this.

What was the Cats offer? Pick 20?

Send him off there, and teach the Bombers a lesson

chef
16-10-2017, 11:48 AM
He doesn't want to go to the Cats.

Looks like 2 2nd rounders for us coming up.

Dry Rot
16-10-2017, 11:49 AM
Well then he's off to the Dogs seconds next year, or spends a year in Vegas

Rocket Science
16-10-2017, 11:49 AM
We are going to fold and get screwed over. I can feel it in my bones. The regular Bulldog disappointment is coming back after the highs of 2016

Mmm, fits like a well worn glove.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2017, 11:51 AM
If we were into Schache the smartest move is a four way trade, hearing various clubs demands.

Cameron to Lions
Schache to Dogs
Stringer to Geelong/Essendon
Something of value to Adelaide

Pick swapping to even things out.

Dry Rot
16-10-2017, 11:56 AM
Stringer gets into this situation for, among other things, bullying a fellow player.*

Now Connors, the manager of the bullying player, is bullying the club of the bullying player.

Anyone else see the irony in this?

*Various rumours on BF point to Stringer and at least one other player being bullies.

jeemak
16-10-2017, 11:57 AM
Apparently Dodo now saying they offered 11 for Stringer.

jeemak
16-10-2017, 11:59 AM
Stringer gets into this situation for, among other things, bullying a fellow player.

Now Connors, the manager of the bullying player, is bullying the club of the bullying player.

Anyone else see the irony in this?

Once again it comes down to the "theatre" of trade week. Common sense and a respect for the facts have nothing to do with anything when everyone's thirsty for a deal.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2017, 12:00 PM

Excellent. He’d only go to this (rewriting history while the period is open to negotiate with us) in desperation. Squirm Dodo squirm.

Dry Rot
16-10-2017, 12:01 PM

When you tell only half the story (they wanted pick 26 back) then you are lying.

Funke disco
16-10-2017, 12:02 PM
It's getting pretty hard to watch now.... going to be a long 4 days. Ive almost conceded we will give up 2 second round picks for him.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2017, 12:02 PM
When you tell only half the story (they wanted pick 26 back) then you are lying.

Name one journo who will call him out specifically?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
16-10-2017, 12:03 PM
I hope our club's silence on this is more they're not buying into the pressure Dodo amd Connors are trying to create to get us to cave, and not just that we are shitting ourselves.

Rocket Science
16-10-2017, 12:06 PM
Name one journo who will call him out specifically?

Ha. They're too busy creaming their jocks in giddy praise and congratulations for Dodo being the mastermind par excellence this trade period.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2017, 12:06 PM
As soon as this is over we need a panel press conference with Gordon, Bevo, Grant, Bob & senior player. And start to tell history how it is.

Grantysghost
16-10-2017, 12:10 PM

He said this morning it was Jake and our second rounder for 11 and their third rounder .
He also said these deals aren’t just a couple of weeks it’s more like 6 months which indicates they may have been in his ear for a while.

bulldogsthru&thru
16-10-2017, 12:15 PM
Parasite Tom Browne has an exclusive 1 on 1 with Stringer in 7 news tonight. No doubt will paint Stringer as the victim, the bombers as the geniuses and the bulldogs as the inept a$$holes. Mark this post :)

1eyedog
16-10-2017, 12:17 PM
What a pack of half wits if that happens. You do not cast a player like Jake Stringer out of your club unless he is a major, major dickhead.

The reason why the rest of Victoria have not come knocking is because they secretly know it.

Happy Days
16-10-2017, 12:17 PM
That pre-emptive concern on Jake's mental health is the most sickening instrumental use of mental health I've ever seen and the people responsible for drumming it up should be ashamed of themselves.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2017, 12:18 PM
Parasite Tom Browne has an exclusive 1 on 1 with Stringer in 7 news tonight. No doubt will paint Stringer as the victim, the bombers as the geniuses and the bulldogs as the inept a$$holes. Mark this post :)

Good trade for ch7 & Jake. They paid him in bonus bets for the interview. More seriously when he did the launch of trade radio, history & Abby made him a liar. It’s going to happen again.

Go_Dogs
16-10-2017, 12:25 PM
So Essendon saying they offered 11, we rejected, and now they’re confident we’ll accept pick 25 and 30 instead?

Like others I’m losing faith we can salvage this.

We’re going to be the laughing stock of trade week for years to come.

The Bulldogs Bite
16-10-2017, 12:29 PM
So Essendon saying they offered 11, we rejected, and now they’re confident we’ll accept pick 25 and 30 instead?

We need to come out and swinging here - we're getting dragged through the mud.

I want to see the club take a firm stand and stand up for itself; stop being pushed around FFS.

Gordon, Grant, Bevo - I am looking at you.

Sedat
16-10-2017, 12:42 PM
I like our silent approach until the end of trade week. Let everyone throw their haymakers and we'll then connect with the last punch.

For the long term, the stand we are making now will hold us in good stead. No amount of white noise from the media/Connors/EFC will have any bearing on the end result - either Stringer stays or he goes for commensurate compensation, which we outlined weeks ago and hasn't come close to being offered yet.

Grantysghost
16-10-2017, 12:49 PM
I like our silent approach until the end of trade week. Let everyone throw their haymakers and we'll then connect with the last punch.

For the long term, the stand we are making now will hold us in good stead. No amount of white noise from the media/Connors/EFC will have any bearing on the end result - either Stringer stays or he goes for commensurate compensation, which we outlined weeks ago and hasn't come close to being offered yet.
Totally agree and the stage managed production of this morning from Connors and his cronies clearly indicates we’ve pushed them into a desperate last play which you would think will amount to nothing unless we can upgrade 25 and 30 somehow. Getting their parents involved is very grubby.

ledge
16-10-2017, 12:50 PM

Not if picks 25 and30 become stars and 11 flops which isn't uncommon.
We would already have players in our sights if those players happen to be going around the higher 25-30 mark then pick 11 means nothing. We already have 9 and we haven't really delisted a lot.
Signing Trengove and crozier for bugger all has been brilliant as they were the two players we had on our radar a long time.
Plus if stringer had been such a problem at the club and goes it probably equals a pick one in bringing the team back together.
I'm not damning the club just because the media wrote rubbish or opinions.
Let's face it only inside the club do they know what's going on, let's stop being so hard on our club and presuming things that might not happen.

1eyedog
16-10-2017, 12:51 PM

I understand you're point and you're probably right, but I can't sit still atm!

hujsh
16-10-2017, 12:53 PM
I'd feel better if we announced we won't be dealing with Essendon unless they come back with something else available. Basically say that unless they trade a player or find more draft picks up their arse (hey it's for the good of the comp so the AFL could so it) we can't make a suitable deal with them.

ledge
16-10-2017, 01:12 PM
Quite obvious we have been saying no or it would have been done , so saying nothing is actually saying something.

LostDoggy
16-10-2017, 01:43 PM
So we have Dodoro, Connors and Stringer detailing all their moves, distorting the facts, holding court with the press, claiming victimhood etc whilst we remain silent and focussed, surely that indicates they are the party who are getting desperate? There is a lot to play out here, in my opinion those criticising our handling at this stage are a bit premature.

Ghost Dog
16-10-2017, 01:57 PM
If anyone connected to the club is reading this - you are handling it well. I'll take Chris Grant and his quiet measured approach any day over what fairfax has to say about it.

Remi Moses
16-10-2017, 01:57 PM
The saad trade is just as good business for GC as well . Next years pool is meant to be epic

ledge
16-10-2017, 02:22 PM
So we have Dodoro, Connors and Stringer detailing all their moves, distorting the facts, holding court with the press, claiming victimhood etc whilst we remain silent and focussed, surely that indicates they are the party who are getting desperate? There is a lot to play out here, in my opinion those criticising our handling at this stage are a bit premature.

Not so much Stringer , all he has said is he was shocked and lived the club.
It's more Connors and the journos, wouldn't even say Dodoro has said much either.
Dodoro doing his job and trying to get the best deal for the bombers.

Jeanette54
16-10-2017, 02:27 PM
If anyone connected to the club is reading this - you are handling it well. I'll take Chris Grant and his quiet measured approach any day over what fairfax has to say about it.

Totally agree Ghost Dog, and what ever happens I am sure that all concerned with the decision making have the very best interests of the club at heart.

There has been unbelievable interest in this thread. I don't believe that even the Ryan Griffin saga generated this much interest with our posters.

Topdog
16-10-2017, 02:39 PM
Not so much Stringer , all he has said is he was shocked and lived the club.
It's more Connors and the journos, wouldn't even say Dodoro has said much either.
Dodoro doing his job and trying to get the best deal for the bombers.

Dodo said pick 11 was on the table but the Giants were smarter and so they accepted the offer

hujsh
16-10-2017, 02:44 PM
Dodo said pick 11 was on the table but the Giants were smarter and so they accepted the offer
Which is very misleading but technically not an absolute lie.

jeemak
16-10-2017, 02:55 PM
Isn't it amazing that it's Connors client's parents who just magically receive the invites to speak at a PWC function:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a-public-stoning-john-stringer-and-andrew-watts-slam-western-bulldogs-and-melbourne-20171016-gz1n78.html

I kind of understand why each of Stringer and Watts seem to have some issues with the reality of what it takes to be professional AFL footballers, after reading this.

Rocket Science
16-10-2017, 03:07 PM
Barrett's latest bucketful of bile; Bulldogs "trying to con the footy world".

ledge
16-10-2017, 03:12 PM
Isn't it amazing that it's Connors client's parents who just magically receive the invites to speak at a PWC function:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a-public-stoning-john-stringer-and-andrew-watts-slam-western-bulldogs-and-melbourne-20171016-gz1n78.html

I kind of understand why each of Stringer and Watts seem to have some issues with the reality of what it takes to be professional AFL footballers, after reading this.

Jakes dad handled it well then Connors shoves his head in and bags the club.

WBFC4FFC
16-10-2017, 03:44 PM
Just one question I have for Jake - Do you really want to go to a Club that values you this little and hence putting you though all this grief?

The Bumbers ain't exactly showing the love, with a legitimate chance he will not be traded, due to what little assets they have available (at present).

Doc26
16-10-2017, 03:52 PM
Jakes dad handled it well then Connors shoves his head in and bags the club.

By and large I agree but I can't help but feel that he would've been much better advised to stay away from the ugly style of game that Connors has moved this to.

I just can't see the point in burning bridges with a Club in such a tight industry and given the acknowledged circumstance of Jake. Hypothetically, what's to say in three years time J-Mac or Bevo etc might be in a position to influence Jake's next contract, maybe at Essendon, maybe at another Club after Essendon's grown tired of him OR where they're in a position to influence an outcome of one of Connors other clients be it a player or even an assistant coach etc.

From afar it is so staggeringly short-sighted and unprofessional to observe how Connors is now managing this and can only hurt his brand in the wider industry. Yes, he might end up with a short-term win with Jake, but the longer term ramifications will undoubtedly come back to haunt him, his company, and quite possibly Jake.

Bulldog4life
16-10-2017, 03:56 PM
Barrett's latest bucketful of bile; Bulldogs "trying to con the footy world".

He must be right up there for the most punchable face award. If not leading the count.

mitch0418
16-10-2017, 04:01 PM
I seem to remember a similar response from the family of an ex-bulldog named Michael Talia. The uproar about how terrible the club was in regards to the treatment of Michael after he accidentally wiped all his messages from his phone and the bad luck of his brother for losing his phone. What happened with that again? Oh that's right Talia was traded to the Swans and basically stuffed up his career by going the snort and then I think the Dogs won a flag?? Let the trend continue ....

Axe Man
16-10-2017, 04:15 PM
Jake leaves the door ajar:

STRINGER SPEAKS (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trade-period-day-eight-follow-all-the-big-trade-news-and-whispers-october-16-2017/news-story/9f56dabcec75f5452fc211d91d605c00)

Jake Stringer has spoken of his messy divorce from the Western Bulldogs as he jets out on holiday.

The exiled Bulldogs is on the trade table but the club is unlikely to get a deal it wants and has now said it would welcome him back if a deal can't be struck.

"Yeah, it's not ideal," he told Channel 9.

"I'm looking forward to getting away to America.

"I think it's really unlikely that I end up back there but we'll see how things play out over the next two or three days."

Stringer's father said the ugly split had seen his son "publicly stoned" by the process.

Stringer and his family both believe he could not face coach Luke Beveridge and play under him next year, having been pushed so quickly out the door.

Over the weekend Bulldogs football manager Chris Grant said Stringer would be welcomed back if a deal fell through but that now looks almost impossible.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2017, 04:20 PM
He's still wants his $500,000. He's a dickhead, but not stupid it seems. Or is it Connors version of JS staying in Vegas and not turning up to work, and not getting his $500,000.

All because Dodoro, is well, Dodoro. On day one they could've gone 11 on its own Jake, future second for Saad, and used Francis to improve their pick 28 to get Smith. All done. Start gloating for 6 months.

But nooooo, some Dodoro just had to go and screw it up by being too 'clever'.

jeemak
16-10-2017, 04:24 PM
Who'd have thought someone would get publicly stoned for:

1. Having a gambling problem that saw money prioritised for gambling rather than building a future for family, and not responding to assistance or admitting a problem exists
2. Not being professional in meeting club standards, including physical preparation and treatment of team mates
3. Not being able to keep dick in pants while partner is dealing with young family
4. Partying to an extent it affects work

Ozza
16-10-2017, 04:26 PM
Can we maybe ease up a bit on calling Stringer a dickhead.

Sure he has let a lot of people down badly in his personal life by the sounds of things - but he is still a bulldogs player, a premiership player - he has a contract to play for us and the club has decided to not honour that and shop him around.

Bulldog Revolution
16-10-2017, 04:29 PM
Nobody has handled this situation particularly well but it certainly hasn't made Paul Connors and his crew looks good - they've merely come out swinging to get an outcome for their client but should be seething that Essendon has been unwilling to deal for the player they committed to

Throughandthrough
16-10-2017, 04:33 PM
To be honest does it matter what the general public really think when it comes to trading? I would have thought that 99% of the caring should be by the players, managers and footy club.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2017, 04:33 PM

Sure he has let a lot of people down badly in his personal life by the sounds of things - but he is still a bulldogs player, a premiership player - he has a contract to play for us and the club has decided to not honour that and shop him around.

I dont see the colour of the fabric he wears as to what he should be called, dickhead, hero, or anything else. I see the fabric of his character as unbecoming of my support for a range of public reasons and some others that might come out. I won't support him again, no matter what team he plays for. I hope he does so I don't have to fake it. The guy had life right there in all aspects, and frankly I think he's created all of this by being a dickhead. He's damaged our club. I respect your right to say what you're saying, but he's dickhead as far as I'm concerned so I'll call it how I see it.

1eyedog
16-10-2017, 04:36 PM

On the flip side he has completely destabilised and polarised the playing group, drawn tension between himself and his best friend, and, because of his gambling addiction and lifestyle choices, given the club little wriggle room to work out a way to help him more than they have done.

You know why Jake says '...you never know we'll see how the next few days pan out'. It's because he is staring down the very real proposition of not playing another AFL game for premiership points for another 17 months, and it would scare the hell out him.

Ask Stew Crameri what that's like.

chef
16-10-2017, 04:37 PM
https://twitter.com/TomBrowne7/status/919793397946138624

1eyedog
16-10-2017, 04:40 PM
https://twitter.com/TomBrowne7/status/919793397946138624

Looks haunted when he says he won't be going back.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2017, 04:41 PM
On the flip side he has completely dis-stabilised and polarised the playing group, drawn tension between himself and his best friend, and, because of his gambling addiction and lifestyle choices, given the club little wriggle room to work out a way to help him more than they have done.

You know why Jake says '...you never know we'll see how the next few days pan out'. It's because he is staring down the very real proposition of not playing another AFL game for premiership points for another 17 months, and it would scare the hell out him.

Ask Stew Crameri what that's like.

Jake just seems to be untouchable with the media. When all that was happening this year, the media were angling that JJ was having a relationship with Abbey. The blowtorch wasn't on Jake. We now know Abbey was going through hell, caused by Jake, and JJ was trying to be a decent friend to her.

Now it comes out that it was Jake doing dirty things, with all the garbage around the club for up to 2 years, and the media attention is on our woul club and not on Jake. He seems immune from any meaningful media scrutiny in this saga. How Barrett and others have Jake as a victim in this is utter garbage.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2017, 04:43 PM
Looks haunted when he says he won't be going back.

You would too if you had to face up to a club worth of people after a couple of years of unprofessional conduct. He clearly wants to run away from responsibility.

1eyedog
16-10-2017, 04:43 PM
Jake just seems to be untouchable with the media. When all that was happening this year, the media were angling that JJ was having a relationship with Abbey. The blowtorch wasn't on Jake. We now know Abbey was going through hell, caused by Jake, and JJ was trying to be a decent friend to her.

Now it comes out that it was Jake doing dirty things, with all the garbage around the club for up to 2 years, and the media attention is on our woul club and not on Jake. He seems immune from any meaningful media scrutiny in this saga. How Barrett and others have Jake as a victim in this is utter garbage.

He is getting absolutely bent over on social media by women's groups.

dukedog
16-10-2017, 04:44 PM
From the horses mouth ay. Well jakey boy. Guess what. Your contracted. So if we dont deal. Your sitting out for 17 months mate. So you forfeit your pay for 17 months if you dont rock up for work.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2017, 04:47 PM
From the horses mouth ay. Well jakey boy. Guess what. Your contracted. So if we dont deal. Your sitting out for 17 months mate. So you forfeit your pay for 17 months if you dont rock up for work.

And the club banks all that salary cap to make an audacious attempt on a big name FA next year, Lynch, Sloane etc.

KT31
16-10-2017, 04:48 PM

Should be more ramifications, club should be able to sue him for loss of members, dragging our name through the mud and breaking his contract.

Grantysghost
16-10-2017, 04:51 PM
It’s a strange negotiating technique by Dodoro. Offer something, get rejected, offer something of lesser value after spending the blue chip part of the original offer ....? I’m no expert but that doesn’t seem the greatest strategy . Maybe not so “smart”. Time will tell I guess

chef
16-10-2017, 04:52 PM

I think it's more that he knows the club doesn't want him back.

dukedog
16-10-2017, 04:52 PM
Absolutely. I would not trade with the drug cheats. Make him honour the contract. Id rather see that than see players force our hand. Clubs have to have the right and be given blessing from the dead shit media for backing a player with his package always out of his pants. Absolute BS.

hujsh
16-10-2017, 04:55 PM

You can be two things.

He's a premiership footballer but he's still just a footballer. He's not a hero, he doesn't save lives, he just runs fast and kicks a ball far.

Doc26
16-10-2017, 04:55 PM
It’s a strange negotiating technique by Dodoro. Offer something, get rejected, offer something of lesser value after spending the blue chip part of the original offer ....? I’m no expert but that doesn’t seem the greatest strategy . Maybe not so “smart”. Time will tell I guess

If I was being cynical about it I might even believe that Dodoro was playing Jake and us along for the ride for the grievance we caused him in significantly ramping up the price of Hurley last season.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2017, 05:02 PM
Surely it's Geelong or he stays. Essendon won't trade for we require.

However, if we their two shit second rounders I'll be upset. Not like the ranting angry like now, but like the upset your parents gave towards you growing up when they just gave you a look that said how embarrassingly ashamed they are of you without needing to say a single word. Far worse form of upset. I have to believe that's not going to happen, because I want to continue to respect the word of the club 110%.

bornadog
16-10-2017, 05:06 PM

They did, but wanted pick 26 back.

dukedog
16-10-2017, 05:09 PM
After Jake saying those words. It wouldnt surprise me if essendon off 1 second rounder. Id make him stay. Make him eat his words. If he doesnt want to play footy. Bank his salary. Laugh it up and move on. What is a contract worth these days. Nothing. I tell you. Nothing. The club is bigger than the player. Players should get nothing. We. The fans. Pay their salary. Fuming.

LostDoggy
16-10-2017, 05:13 PM
What if we can trade Essendon's 2 picks into something useable? Maybe we are exploring those options, if we ultimately can use those picks to get a first round pick or a Schache, would it be churlish of us not to head down that path? Trades aren't about 'winning' they are about ultimately securing the best possible list for your club.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2017, 05:19 PM
What if we can trade Essendon's 2 picks into something useable? Maybe we are exploring those options, if we ultimately can use those picks to get a first round pick or a Schache, would it be churlish of us not to head down that path? Trades aren't about 'winning' they are about ultimately securing the best possible list for your club.

I'm an advocate of this theory, but Essendon's picks (25 & 30) won't buy anything we should be after. However, if Geelong offered us 19 & 22 and Brisbane offered us an in principal agreement on 19 for Schache and other club offered a suitable mid/outside on 22. Then yes, we need to consider that and with Geelong trading on next year for salary which they'd need if GAJ is going there too.

dukedog
16-10-2017, 05:20 PM
Humans are a crazy bunch. We see weakness and exploit it. Oh wait. Thats the entire animal kingdom that does that. I see your point. But sometimes you gotta be a king. Be merciless.

Ozza
16-10-2017, 05:22 PM
I dont see the colour of the fabric he wears as to what he should be called, dickhead, hero, or anything else. I see the fabric of his character as unbecoming of my support for a range of public reasons and some others that might come out. I won't support him again, no matter what team he plays for. I hope he does so I don't have to fake it. The guy had life right there in all aspects, and frankly I think he's created all of this by being a dickhead. He's damaged our club. I respect your right to say what you're saying, but he's dickhead as far as I'm concerned so I'll call it how I see it.

That's perfectly fine - but I don't really think it lines up that well to on one hand say that he damaged the club and that you won't support him again, and on the other hand scream foul that we aren't getting a good pick for him.

bornadog
16-10-2017, 05:23 PM
Who the *!*!*!*! advises a gambling addict to go to Vegas on his holiday, did he take his 17 year old girl with him?

This bloke in denial, doesn't understand why we are taking the position we are.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2017, 05:26 PM
That's perfectly fine - but I don't really think it lines up that well to on one hand say that he damaged the club and that you won't support him again, and on the other hand scream foul that we aren't getting a good pick for him.

Nah. There's plenty of grey between white and black. As you say (a) I won't support him again, but (b) I expect the club to hold close enough to its public position that compensation should be fair. Certainly fairer than picks 25 & 30. I think both things.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2017, 05:27 PM
Who the *!*!*!*! advises a gambling addict to go to Vegas on his holiday, did he take his 17 year old girl with him?

Hmmm. Bad, bad advice. Who advises him I wonder?

dukedog
16-10-2017, 05:33 PM
I know i will get flamed for this but i will use the analogy anyways. I went to a kids birthday yesterday. The cake had to be made dairy free. Gluten free and nut free. I just pissed myself laughing because thats how piss weak society is becoming. If your kid has a freakin allergy. You should teach him as such. Why does every other person have to pay for your weakness. Why is the club paying for jakes addictions and weakness' . Flame away PC crew.

Happy Days
16-10-2017, 05:35 PM
I know i will get flamed for this but i will use the analogy anyways. I went to a kids birthday yesterday. The cake had to be made dairy free. Gluten free and nut free. I just pissed myself laughing because thats how piss weak society is becoming. If your kid has a freakin allergy. You should teach him as such. Why does every other person have to pay for your weakness. Why is the club paying for jakes addictions and weakness' . Flame away PC crew.

Too good.

Ozza
16-10-2017, 05:38 PM
Nah. There's plenty of grey between white and black. As you say (a) I won't support him again, but (b) I expect the club to hold close enough to its public position that compensation should be fair. Certainly fairer than picks 25 & 30. I think both things.

But then what is 'fair' for a player who is said to have damaged and/or destabilised a club?

Will be interesting to see how it plays out - but my gut feeling is that Pick 11 for Stringer & 26 was the best offer we are going to get.

Bulldog Revolution
16-10-2017, 05:41 PM
But then what is 'fair' for a player who is said to have damaged and/or destabilised a club?

Will be interesting to see how it plays out - but my gut feeling is that Pick 11 for Stringer & 26 was the best offer we are going to get.

A fifteen pick upgrade? Geelongs offer of 20 was better IMO

DOG GOD
16-10-2017, 05:46 PM
The more this circus goes on the more I want the club to not trade stringer and force him to sit out 2018 and his salary.

jeemak
16-10-2017, 05:48 PM

I mean it's awesome that he'd told EFC that he's reformed and everything, but within a few days of reforming packing up for a trip to Vegas is a bit much.........but it's Jake Stringer, The Package we're talking about after all.

jeemak
16-10-2017, 05:50 PM

Off topic, but I don't think it's PC gone mad stopping children from potentially dying whilst in your care.

dukedog
16-10-2017, 05:54 PM
Off topic, but I don't think it's PC gone made stopping children from potentially dying whilst in your care.

I can sympathize. But for years and years thats how it was. But now. Everyone is responsible. So the kid learns nothing about life. He just thinks its a normal cake. You have to see both sides of the filling here surely.

So the message im trying to get accross is that jake made mistakes. He will now front no consequences for his actions. The media are allowing it. The weak as piss society are allowing it. So he can sleep with underage girls. But a richmond girl gets her tots out for a photo and everyone jumps up and down coz it got posted.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2017, 05:59 PM

I'm not a fan of a 15 pick upgrade. Geelong remains interested. With Watts out of the frame (going interstate), Geelong should be in the hunt and has probably 19, 22 & 23 when Lang gets traded (& futures). That's enough to get them Stringer & GAJ if we help them with paying some of JS's wage. If we are prepared to offer Jake and cash, we might just get a better offer than the upgrade or their double second rounder. Or that's what I'm telling myself off to sleep every night.

Dry Rot
16-10-2017, 06:02 PM
Jake leaves the door ajar:

STRINGER SPEAKS (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trade-period-day-eight-follow-all-the-big-trade-news-and-whispers-october-16-2017/news-story/9f56dabcec75f5452fc211d91d605c00)

Stringer's father said the ugly split had seen his son "publicly stoned" by the process.

Stringer should minimise his publicly known sins and get stoned in private like the rest of us.

Not a good look IMO.

Dry Rot
16-10-2017, 06:03 PM
He must be right up there for the most punchable face award. If not leading the count.

Next to Barrett, Toby Greene looks like a good bloke.

GVGjr
16-10-2017, 06:14 PM
We have a duty of care to Jake and we should treat it seriously. How can we put our hand on heart and say we are doing the right thing by Jake who has his own troubles by sending him to a club that never looked after their players and had a program of flat our cheating in place.

We owe it to Jake to keep him with us.

dadsgirl16
16-10-2017, 06:22 PM
Anyone else see JJ’s instagram post?..from what I can make out I think there are a few of them going to US and Jake is among them

1eyedog
We have a duty of care to Jake and we should treat it seriously. How can we put our hand on heart and say we are doing the right thing by Jake who has his own troubles by sending him to a club that never looked after their players and had a program of flat our cheating in place.

And I think we will. I've heard that we are seriously considering that option and Grant went some way to backing that up.

bulldogtragic

Nice jab.

Bulldog Revolution
16-10-2017, 06:55 PM

This process may indeed put us in the best position to help him

Twodogs
16-10-2017, 07:07 PM
Nice jab.

More of a fit up. Got to the point of it anyway. It was quire a sharp observation.

GVGjr
16-10-2017, 07:07 PM
Time to get serious with Jake, his manager and his father

Jake,

You had some distractions last year and you haven't played anywhere near to your ability for the last two years. That's largely on you.
You enjoyed a premiership season with us and are very well paid plus you have a lot of mates at the club.
You tested the club and coaches patience with you right through this year and at the end of the season you received a blunt performance appraisal that indicated you should look elsewhere if you can't commit yourself to what the club and your team mates want to achieve in 2018.

We get that is is not the sort of news you wanted to hear but equally it's not the sort of whack that the coach wanted to deliver either.
It clearly comes down to how you handle the criticism:

1) You could treat it as a challenge and use it to spur yourself on to achieve another level. Your more than capable of doing this.
2) You could chuck in the towel and play the victim card which is the cowards way out.

It would appear you've decided on the 2nd option which is no doubt your right to do so but the reality is you are a contracted player and like it or not for us to let you go we need to be adequately compensated.

We understand that you need to stay in Melbourne but when you and your manager only nominate one club the onus then moves to that club to be fair and reasonable with their offer to get us to trade you. They haven't even attempted to do that.

Right from the outset they have tried to acquire your services on the cheap despite being more than generous with the salary they are offering you. The alarm bells should be ringing because they should be willing to come up with better offers than they have.

The Bulldogs came out with a very clear and fair minded valuation of around the middle of the first round and guess what Essendon had pick 11 which is right in the sweet spot. It seemed like Essendon had the currency and that a fair deal could and would be struck.

Essendon did offer pick 11 but wanted the Dogs 2nd round pick back, pick 26. They've actually confirmed that they don't rate you high enough to offer a fair pick straight up for you. The alarm bells should be ringing.

Essendon could have offered pick 11, they could have offered pick 11 with us giving back a 3rd round pick back to balance things up but they didn't. They could have also offered up next years first round pick but clearly they're not that confident in you.
The alarm bells should be ringing even louder.

They've pulled the trigger on two other trade targets, clearly you were 3rd in line but for some reason the alarm bells still aren't ringing for you. The offer on the table now is pick 25 and 30 which is well below a fair valuation and in fact undermines their apparent faith in you.

Jake, you need to get your manager to do a few things if you really want out:

1) Stop trotting you out as the victim
2) Put pressure on Essendon to get a better deal because they could trade other players to sweeten the offer
3) Consider a Geelong offer

You have got a lot of mates at the club and you should be wanting to make sure that you don't let them down.

We are serious that if something isn't offered at a fair and reasonable level for your services you will not be traded. You either need to deal with that by getting Essendon to stump up a better offer or come to terms you will be at the club again next year.

If you decide to sit out the season then all the power to you but ironically a lot of Essendon players will let you know it's not great sitting out a season.

It's time to stand up Jake.

The Underdog
16-10-2017, 07:12 PM

My main issue with your analogy is the fundamental difference between an allergy and an addiction. Other than that I don’t get your point at all. We should teach Jake not to gamble? we should screen draftees for Coeliac to save on catering? Kids are weak?

1eyedog
16-10-2017, 07:14 PM
More of a fit up. Got to the point of it anyway. It was quire a sharp observation.

Pinpoint accuracy

bornadog
16-10-2017, 07:19 PM
The weak as piss society are allowing it. So he can sleep with underage girls. But a richmond girl gets her tots out for a photo and everyone jumps up and down coz it got posted.

I tell you who is weak as piss the AFL. The girl didnot give permission for her photo to be posted around, and the AFL won't do anything at all about it. This is a black and white situation.

Sorry for going off topic but you brought that up and I don't know what it has to do with Stringer.

dukedog
16-10-2017, 07:23 PM
My main issue with your analogy is the fundamental difference between an allergy and an addiction. Other than that I don’t get your point at all. We should teach Jake not to gamble? we should screen draftees for Coeliac to save on catering? Kids are weak?

The PC is strong in this one. What im getting at is that people need to be responsible for what they do. If its your kid. Look after it. Teach it the right things. Dont force every other bastard to look after your problems. In the animal kingdom the weak are weeded out. That one sole doesnt create a problem for the rest of the team. Wake up.

1eyedog
16-10-2017, 07:28 PM
The PC is strong in this one. What im getting at is that people need to be responsible for what they do. If its your kid. Look after it. Teach it the right things. Dont force every other bastard to look after your problems. In the animal kingdom the weak are weeded out. That one sole doesnt create a problem for the rest of the team. Wake up.

You're dealing in absolutes and I'm sorry we're not living in caves anymore. I get your drift but it's too hard line and we've evolved beyond a primate congregation. Most of the weak kids at school eventually end up running the country. My 5 year will die if she eats a peanut and I'm not about to rely on all the times I've told her not to eat one just to keep her alive.

dukedog
16-10-2017, 07:33 PM
You're dealing in absolutes and I'm sorry we're not living in caves anymore. I get your drift but it's too hard line and we've evolved beyond a primate congregation. Most of the weak kids at school eventually end up running the country. My 5 year will die if she eats a peanut and I'm not about to rely on all the times I've told her not to eat one just to keep her alive.

So its personal for you. Which is why your stance os what it is. Thats fair enough. I won't argue that point with you.

Go_Dogs
16-10-2017, 07:36 PM
Let's keep this thread about the trade worth of Jake Stringer.

Greystache
16-10-2017, 07:47 PM
I tell you who is weak as piss the AFL. The girl didnot give permission for her photo to be posted around, and the AFL won't do anything at all about it. This is a black and white situation.

Sorry for going off topic but you brought that up and I don't know what it has to do with Stringer.

The same situation as Cloke and Swan last year, except the player's were condemned on that occasion for being stupid and putting themselves in the situation and three women were obsolved of blame. That was a black and white situation too, it's just that it turns grey when people choose side over principle.

comrade
16-10-2017, 08:12 PM
The good news is if we do lose Stringer to another club, he'll never reach the heights his full potential could allow. His father coming out and basically absolving Jake of any responsibility while claiming it's actually the club's fault Jake's reputation has been tarnished is just further evidence we're dealing with a spoiled brat who has been given everything he's ever demanded without ever truly deserving it. And it's clear that Jake nor his family have learnt a single lesson throughout this ordeal.

He will continue to be a ****-up off field and it will continue to curtail his on field performances. I'll be glad it's not in our colours.

hujsh
16-10-2017, 08:18 PM

Mate, take it to Bigfooty.

Rocket Science
16-10-2017, 08:23 PM

You felt insulted by a gluten-free cake so we should scrap civil society in favour of a master race unburdened by the weak.

Got it.

Gotta dash, think I spotted some weaklings that need weeding out.

Greystache
16-10-2017, 08:23 PM
Mate, take it to Bigfooty.

How about you leave it to the moderating team... mate.

Rocket Science
16-10-2017, 08:26 PM
The good news is if we do lose Stringer to another club, he'll never reach the heights his full potential could allow. His father coming out and basically absolving Jake of any responsibility while claiming it's actually the club's fault Jake's reputation has been tarnished is just further evidence we're dealing with a spoiled brat who has been given everything he's ever demanded without ever truly deserving it. And it's clear that Jake nor his family have learnt a single lesson throughout this ordeal.

He will continue to be a ****-up off field and it will continue to curtail his on field performances. I'll be glad it's not in our colours.

All the cursory signs, including the bidding being done by Connors, suggest someone who's far keener to run away, feeling slighted, rather than own his predicament. I just don't think Jake possesses the maturity nor the humility to do anything else.

The Underdog
16-10-2017, 08:28 PM

In the animal kingdom, some animals eat their own shit. We just throw it at a keyboard.
I’m not sure how asking for you to clarify the point is PC but in your scenario is Jake the kid and his parents *!*!*!*!ed up or is the club the problem? And isn’t it the role of the club to look after the players and help with their problems.
He should have been a footballer in the 80’s when a gambling addiction and *!*!*!*!ing 17 yo girls could get you into the leadership group.

Jake has definitely put himself in a position where the club felt it had to act this way but we certainly can’t absolve the club totally from Blame in the way this has all gone down.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2017, 08:29 PM
We mustn't fight each other! Surely we should be united against the common enemy!

("The Judean People's Front?!)

No! Jake Stringer.

The bulldog tragician
16-10-2017, 08:50 PM
I'm curious as to which players have also gone overseas with Jake.

And just as an aside, the AFL industry has to have some of the weirdest contradictions of all time in regards to its much vaunted respect and responsibility policies. While we are rightly offended and disappointed in Jake re the gambling and his disrespect towards his family and his partner, the media have chortled away about how funny it is that Dane Swan & Dusty have had epic partying since the GF. ANd, even more hilarious ... now these naughty rascals are off to Vegas together. Ha ha. Side splitting (wait, isn't that the place Chad Fletcher flatlined in the West coke era??).

Meanwhile on Brownlow night the sports bet twitter account which relentlessly shoves gambling down our throats at every AFL venue, was operated by Dane Swan who came up with things like:

Howey, very impressive, you almost got as high as I’ve been for the last three months. #Brownlow

And numerous references to 'touches' that he got or didn't get at Kittens. Sigh.

Anyway, back to Jake. It feels like there is no way forward now in a mess so ugly that it makes Griffen's defection feel like a friendly breakup.

AndrewP6
16-10-2017, 08:54 PM

What a completely ridiculous, insensitive and, well, stupid analogy. Utter nonsense.

hujsh
16-10-2017, 08:58 PM
How about you leave it to the moderating team... mate.

Yes I'm the problem here.

Surely this is a point better made in a PM?

chef
16-10-2017, 08:59 PM
I'm curious as to which players have also gone overseas with Jake.

JJ and Suckling.

1eyedog
16-10-2017, 09:01 PM
So its personal for you. Which is why your stance os what it is. Thats fair enough. I won't argue that point with you.

It's always personal for someone out there.

Greystache
16-10-2017, 09:09 PM
Yes I'm the problem here.

Surely this is a point better made in a PM?

Virtue signalling takes just as much effort to clear off the board as other posts, they're both a problem. No need for a PM.

SonofScray
16-10-2017, 09:15 PM
Frustrating only hearing the EFC, scum bucket, confabulation of this story. Appreciate that our very conservative, in house approach is pretty much modus operandi on all sensitive matters so can't hang our leadership over it.

I still think it should be the case that Jake stays. Why should we make an opponent instantly better for little gain our way? Wait the year, hopefully get the benefit of being a shop front for Jake at his best and just let things weave their own way through.

The Doctor
16-10-2017, 09:18 PM
Dogs are talking to the Eagles. They have 13 and we are offering the 2 Essendon second rounders

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/west-coast-eagles/west-coast-eagles-to-swap-draft-pick-to-inject-fresh-blood-20171016-gz1rwf.html

If they accept we could offer Brisbane 27 + Campbell for Schache

bulldogtragic
16-10-2017, 09:24 PM
Dogs are talking to the Eagles. They have 13 and we are offering the 2 Essendon second rounders

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/west-coast-eagles/west-coast-eagles-to-swap-draft-pick-to-inject-fresh-blood-20171016-gz1rwf.html

Where do we sign?

Would GWS swap 26 for 27 for Honeychurch? They both meet up & Brisbane get an extra pick higher/extra draft points.

9, 13, Schache, Trengove, Crozier, Roarke (81) with Stringer and his BS gone. Good period.

GVGjr
16-10-2017, 09:26 PM

Pick 13 would be close enough for us just to do the deal with Stringer. Ideally if we could trade Stringer to Geelong and then those picks to the Eagles for pick 13 we might still have enough for Schache.

Two early picks, Schache and something a bit later in the draft to go along with Trengove and Crozier would be a productive trade and draft period. A bit of work to get it over the line though

hujsh
16-10-2017, 09:45 PM
Virtue signalling takes just as much effort to clear off the board as other posts, they're both a problem. No need for a PM.

Yeah great. Well in the future I'd rather you tell me privately if you have an issue with something I post if you're speaking as a Mod.

hujsh
16-10-2017, 09:46 PM

Is that really something Brisbane would accept though? Seems a bit short on our end.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2017, 09:50 PM
Is that really something Brisbane would accept though? Seems a bit short on our end.

I reckon if we swapped 9 for their 12 they'd do it. I'd like their 2018 4th back. They get a top 10 selection, points to cover Ballenden. We'd still have 12 & 13, back to back first rounders and some extra points for West & Khamis next year. Seems like a genuine win-win.

GVGjr
16-10-2017, 09:53 PM

I think it is well under, we would need to stump up a bit more.

The Doctor
16-10-2017, 09:59 PM
Doesn't seem like clubs are falling over themselves for Schache so his trade value at present is probably lower than it should be. Don't mind BT's alterations and adding that to the mix

Doc26
16-10-2017, 10:18 PM

Geez giving up 13 for Ess. 25 and 30 seems costly to WCE unless they're struggling to see any value at 13.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2017, 10:20 PM
Geez giving up 13 for Ess. 25 and 30 seems costly to WCE.

Shhh :D

bulldogtragic
16-10-2017, 10:26 PM
It could be 25 & 27. But that makes us work harder.

Then it’s 9 & 30 plus Campbell (adding anything from Honey, maybe Crameri if he goes) for 12.

Ideally 25 & 30. More ideally Geelong.

Dry Rot
16-10-2017, 10:27 PM
Geez giving up 13 for Ess. 25 and 30 seems costly to WCE unless they're struggling to see any value at 13.

Wouldn't the Suns be able to offer a lot better? Don't they fifty good second round picks?

GVGjr
16-10-2017, 10:31 PM
Wouldn't the Suns be able to offer a lot better? Don't they fifty good second round picks?

They might need 2 of those picks for Weller.

Topdog
16-10-2017, 10:35 PM
We shouldn't be speaking with the Eagles. Let Essendon have those discussions

LostDoggy
16-10-2017, 10:38 PM
IÂ’m absolutely sick to death of Jake Stringer. When it all hit the fan and the storyÂ’s and rumours had peaked I still wanted him to stay and work it out. I hoped no other club would meet our demands and he would have to stay. Since witnessing the disgusting media campaign against our club led by Essendon and obviously the Stringer camp IÂ’ve had enough with him to the point that IÂ’m willing to cut my nose and ears off to spite my face.

The way that arrogant shitful club has treated us with utter contempt. If we are going to settle for 2nd rounders then I donÂ’t care what it takes but we have to do whatever we can to get Geelong back on board. As long as he doesnÂ’t go to Essendon I donÂ’t care.

Stuff Jake Stringer, not for just what he has done to our club but for what heÂ’s doing to our club. If I was his mate playing along side him there is no way I would be still standing beside him while he let my club get spat on like it is.

Get him to Geelong, then wave the flags good bloody bye.

LostDoggy
16-10-2017, 10:41 PM

I’d like an explanation as to why we have to do what should be their work.

GVGjr
16-10-2017, 10:46 PM

What if we are dealing with Geelong? I think being proactive is the right way to go.

The Bulldogs Bite
16-10-2017, 10:47 PM
BT - any chance we can find a way to trade Stringer, get in Schache but also find a way to move up to Freos Pick 5 which we were after last week?

bornadog
16-10-2017, 10:51 PM
BT - any chance we can find a way to trade Stringer, get in Schache but also find a way to move up to Freos Pick 5 which we were after last week?
And make sure Stringer doesn’t go to Essenscum

Doc26
16-10-2017, 10:52 PM

If J-Mac can future trade, maybe get him to pass a GCS' 2018 first rounder for Essendon's 25 and 30 :p

merantau
16-10-2017, 11:43 PM
I've kept out of this debate for a while but I've been following it closely.
I am heartily fed up with the name "Stringer" As for his father - well what can you say? Blood is thicker than water I suppose and it can certainly make things cloudy. What other conclusion can be reached in response to his risible assertion that his son has been subjected to a public stoning by our Club. His "judgment" has been well and truly clouded.

As things stand I don't think I even want him back anymore He just hasn't shown me that he has much appreciation of the damage he has caused to his family and to his Bulldog family. The Club tried to help him and made every attempt to keep the issue in house.

It really hurts to see how things have panned out. He has a lot of ability

boydogs
17-10-2017, 01:39 AM
What other conclusion can be reached in response to his risible assertion that his son has been subjected to a public stoning by our Club

He didn't say our club. Abby's words have been most damaging

bulldogtragic
17-10-2017, 02:15 AM

Tough... The best chance we still have is 19 & 23 from Geelong (us putting in a lot of cash). So Stringer is gone.
Then Schache & pick 43 is acquired with picks 23 & 28. So pick 23 and a downgrade of 2nd to 3rd rounders.
With Freo we have 9 & 19 (& Honey) for pick 5 & 42. Effectively for them they trade 19 (& Honey) onto GWS for Wilson. They soften their stance on Weller/GCS to an upgrade from pick 9 into pick 2 and pick 21.

Dogs: In: Pick 23/Schache, Picks 5, 42 & 43 - Out: Stringer/pick 19, Picks 9 & 27, Honey
Lions: In: Pick 23 & 28 (1114 points towards Ballenden, factoring losing 43) - Out: Schache, Pick 43
Freo: In: Pick 19/Wilson, Pick 9 > Pick 2, Pick 21 - Out: Pick 5, Pick 42, Weller

If Brisbane wanted Campbell or Crameri, the draft points of 23 & 42 is nearly 100 points above 28 (plus keeping 43). So a player and the extra points for Ballenden might see 28 stay with us. So taking the pure net effect:

Dogs: In: Schache, Pick 5 - Out: Stringer, Honey, Campbell/Crameri, Pick 9
Lions: In: Picks 23, 42 (1,200 points towards Ballenden, equal to pick 13 on the DVI) plus Campbell/Crameri - Out: Schache
Freo: In: Wilson, Pick 2, Pick 21 - Out: Pick 5, Pick 42, Weller

Seems to loosely fit if Geelong want Stringer for 19 & 23. And then for us to pay a chunk of cash. Brisbne do fairly well. The change of order would suit Freo perfectly. We'd lose Stringer, Honey & Campbell/Crameri for Schache and moving up 4 spots in the first round. The key being, if Dalrymple says it's worth it to get 'player X' then it's a good trade.

josie
17-10-2017, 07:25 AM
BT please tell us you are in contact with club and are sending these suggestions to Mac. You are seriously good at throwing balls in the air and ending up with something feasible for all. Trump and Kim Jong need you too in their next tete a tete.

angelopetraglia
17-10-2017, 08:29 AM
If we do end up with West Coasts pick 13 lets hope we choose wisely. These are some of the players who have been picked up at 13.

Shane Crawford
Andrew McKay
Robert Murphy
Nick Dal Santo
Shannon Hurn
Jack Reiwoldt
Daniel Talia
Pat Cripps

jazzadogs
17-10-2017, 08:41 AM
Any chance we get two 2017 second rounders from Essendon, then trade all three 2nd rounders to WCE for 13 and their 2nd round next year?

They've had a fair few retirees and looking to refresh the list...three solid picks in the 20s could be more valuable to them? This is assuming we still just go with two or three picks this year and don't get Schache.

merantau
17-10-2017, 09:13 AM
He didn't say our club. Abby's words have been most damaging

You are right. I stand corrected. But reading between the lines I think there is the implication that somehow Jake has been hard done by the Club. Him throwing his two bob's worth in has not been a positive.

Mofra
17-10-2017, 09:14 AM
Any chance we get two 2017 second rounders from Essendon, then trade all three 2nd rounders to WCE for 13 and their 2nd round next year?

They've had a fair few retirees and looking to refresh the list...three solid picks in the 20s could be more valuable to them? This is assuming we still just go with two or three picks this year and don't get Schache.
I'd rather just get the deal done then look at swapping our remaining 2nd rounder for a 2018 2nd round pick with a possible sweetener although reading the tea leaves we're into Schache and that seems to be the driving force behind us wanting the pick.

MrMahatma
17-10-2017, 09:14 AM
If we do end up with West Coasts pick 13 lets hope we choose wisely. These are some of the players who have been picked up at 13.

Shane Crawford
Andrew McKay
Robert Murphy
Nick Dal Santo
Shannon Hurn
Jack Reiwoldt
Daniel Talia
Pat Cripps

Prob taking it too literally, but I read that this draft falls away quickly after the first dozen picks. The difference between Essendon's 11 and WC's 13 could be more significant than other drafts...

Mofra
17-10-2017, 09:18 AM
Prob taking it too literally, but I read that this draft falls away quickly after the first dozen picks. The difference between Essendon's 11 and WC's 13 could be more significant than other drafts...
Some of the players we appear interested in seem to be placed mid to late teens, although rumours are best taken with a grain of salt.
Seems to be quality up to the mid 20s according to draft watchers.

bulldogtragic
17-10-2017, 09:24 AM
BT please tell us you are in contact with club and are sending these suggestions to Mac. You are seriously good at throwing balls in the air and ending up with something feasible for all. Trump and Kim Jong need you too in their next tete a tete.

Thanks Josie, you're far too kind. I'd happily volunteer my service to the club. Trump & KJ, now that's a tough one!

Bulldog Revolution
17-10-2017, 09:50 AM

Either way at 13 we get the chance to select a very good kid, if perhaps not the can't miss prospective superstars

Axe Man
17-10-2017, 10:10 AM
Come on Carltank, get it done!

COULD BLUES MAKE LATE STRINGER PLAY? (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trade-period-day-nine-follow-all-the-big-trade-news-and-whispers-october-17-2017/news-story/8c8aabf2ab41a3479a44bb518d0bdc01)

Will Carlton throw the trade period upside-down in the final three days?

Herald Sun reporter Jon Anderson says the Bryce Gibbs to Adelaide deal is very much back in play - and if the Blues land a high draft pick in that deal, they could swoop on another star.

"The other player when you mention Carlton is Jake Stringer. At the moment that's probably a 20-1 chance ... but I know the Blues think you get Jake Stringer in, you've got Charlie Curnow, they can play on-ball and forward, interchanging, and they are that hybrid size that's becoming so trendy - so I think that's really exciting for the Blues. Whether they can get that deal done as well remains to be seen."

The Doctor
17-10-2017, 10:18 AM
Carn the blues!

bulldogtragic
17-10-2017, 10:27 AM
Looking at Carlton, the best we could hope for is pick 12. Via Brisbane to Adelaide on Cameron (pick swaps). 12 Onto Carlton (with nothing else) for Gibbs. 12 for Stringer.

WCE could be pick 13.

Geelong would be best 19 plus 23.

Seems the market will determine his value in the teens, outright. Not a pick upgrade ignorant media folks.

jazzadogs
17-10-2017, 10:27 AM
Come on Carltank, get it done!

COULD BLUES MAKE LATE STRINGER PLAY? (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trade-period-day-nine-follow-all-the-big-trade-news-and-whispers-october-17-2017/news-story/8c8aabf2ab41a3479a44bb518d0bdc01)

Will Carlton throw the trade period upside-down in the final three days?

Herald Sun reporter Jon Anderson says the Bryce Gibbs to Adelaide deal is very much back in play - and if the Blues land a high draft pick in that deal, they could swoop on another star.

"The other player when you mention Carlton is Jake Stringer. At the moment that's probably a 20-1 chance ... but I know the Blues think you get Jake Stringer in, you've got Charlie Curnow, they can play on-ball and forward, interchanging, and they are that hybrid size that's becoming so trendy - so I think that's really exciting for the Blues. Whether they can get that deal done as well remains to be seen."

For interests sake, Adelaide currently have picks 10 and 16. Carlton would be pushing for pick 10 at a minimum for Gibbs. Would be very happy if that worked out for us (and they can take their pick of Campbell or Honeychurch in the process).

Mofra
17-10-2017, 10:38 AM
For interests sake, Adelaide currently have picks 10 and 16. Carlton would be pushing for pick 10 at a minimum for Gibbs. Would be very happy if that worked out for us (and they can take their pick of Campbell or Honeychurch in the process).
They delisted Gorringe so I assume that ruck depth might be something they consider.

Last year they asked for two second rounders sp I'd say if Adelaide pull they trigger they offer perhaps 16 and 18/19 for Charlie Cameron.

Stringer basically rests on other deals at the moment.

1eyedog
17-10-2017, 11:30 AM
There may be some interest from Carlton yet.

hujsh
17-10-2017, 11:31 AM
Interesting if not somewhat hypocritical from Tim Watson

Andrew Watts and John Stringer made headlines on Monday as they discussed thew playing futures of their respective sons, Jack and Jake.
But Essendon legend Tim Watson was less than impressed on SEN 1116 on Tuesday.

“The best thing is to shut the family down. Let’s not hear from a family about a player,” he told SEN Breakfast.
“It does not help the player, it doesn’t help the conversation. All it does is put a little bit of fuel on the fire. That’s what everybody is looking at, and (the media) are looking for a new angle.”

Interesting remarks from Watson, but given the media circus that the NAB AFL Trade Period has become, and the need for the many media outlets who cover it to come up with fresh angles, Watson's plea will likely fall on deaf ears.

1eyedog
17-10-2017, 11:32 AM
Damir Stringer

1eyedog
17-10-2017, 11:37 AM
There are rumors that Gibbs and Carlton are quietly working behind the scenes to get him to Adelaide leaving Carlton looking for someone who can play midfield. Stringer may be looked at if this happens in the next 48 hours.

Just a rumor at this stage.

Axe Man
17-10-2017, 11:52 AM
Essendon’s offer of draft picks 25 and 30 for Jake Stringer well short of what Bulldogs want (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/western-bulldogs/essendons-offer-of-draft-picks-25-and-30-for-jake-stringer-well-short-of-what-bulldogs-want/news-story/7568b1092efc8217ea1b21c32fe750e2?utm_content=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=EditorialSF&utm_source=HeraldSun&utm_medium=Twitter)

RECRUITERS say Essendon’s offer of picks 25 and 30 for Jake Stringer is “not even close” to the No. 11 draft pick the Western Bulldogs demanded last week.

The Bombers’ current offer — which sums to 1385 draft points — is the equivalent of pick 10, according to the AFL’s points system.

But some of the league’s talent spotters believe there is a sharp drop in quality after the first dozen or so prospects this year.

The Bombers say pick 25 and 30 is their final offer for Stringer and the Dogs say they will not accept it.

“The ball’s in their court,” Dons list manager Adrian Dodoro said yesterday.

“We’re just sitting by the phone, waiting for the Bulldogs to get back to us.”

The shape of the draft helps explain why the Dogs have not seriously considered Essendon’s offer.

It also illustrates why Stringer’s club was keen to package the picks for an earlier selection last week, eyeing Fremantle’s No. 5 pick and Richmond’s No. 15.

The Dockers and Tigers both rebuffed proposed deals last week. An approach to Brisbane Lions was also made to secure their No. 12 pick, but that has also fallen over.

The Dogs and West Coast have since entered talks about the Dogs securing the No. 13 pick.

Three players — midfielders Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paddy Dow and forward-midfielder Cameron Rayner — are in contention to go No. 1 this year.

St Kilda tried to complete a pick swap to secure Gold Coast’s No. 2 selection, but has been knocked back.

There is then a bit of a break until a group of prospects including Adam Cerra, Sam Hayes, Andrew Brayshaw, Jaidyn Stephenson, Jarrod Brander and Darcy Fogarty.

But even in the very top prospects in this year’s draft there are considered some flaws.

Clubs then believe the draft is so even they could get a player they rank in the early second round very deep in the draft, because opinions will very so much.

One expert said that while this appeared the weakest draft in multiple years, next year’s was regarded the strongest draft in a similar time frame.

bulldogsthru&thru
17-10-2017, 11:54 AM
There are rumors that Gibbs and Carlton are quietly working behind the scenes to get him to Adelaide leaving Carlton looking for someone who can play midfield. Stringer may be looked at if this happens in the next 48 hours.

Just a rumor at this stage.

What could Carlton offer us? Assume any Gibbs deal would get them pick 16. I can't see Adelaide trading 10 for Gibbs. We wouldn't take 16 for Stringer would we?

bulldogtragic
17-10-2017, 11:54 AM
Just keep sitting by the phone. You might be there a while.

bulldogtragic
17-10-2017, 11:59 AM
What could Carlton offer us? Assume any Gibbs deal would get them pick 16. I can't see Adelaide trading 10 for Gibbs. We wouldn't take 16 for Stringer would we?

Yep, no way we get 10. I think Adelaide would want 12 for Charlie Cameron, with something going back to Brisbane. If they could do that del, then pick 12 for Stringer to Carlton might be the compromise. We could get in on the Cameron deal with Schache and maybe Campbell to make things easier if need be.

Doc26
17-10-2017, 12:01 PM

I'm guessing that we would take it IF it came about and with no strings attached, pardon the pun?

Of course, we would still need Jake to agree to terms and 'backflip' on Essendon.
Unfortunately Dodoro and Connors do seem to be playing us on a break. They will continue to advise Jake to hold firm to the message that it's either Essendon or he will sit it out.

As much as I agree with the Club in taking a stand with Jake regarding his lack of commitment and dedication, the way that we have permitted this message to now effect our trading position is quite frankly unprofessional, and does make me question our standard of leadership to deal with complex, emotional matters, that can still position us well after taking such a firm stance.

Of course, I maintain the right to take all this back if somehow Dodoro blinks and coughs up his 2018 first rounder but seemingly this is looking unrealistic.

Twodogs
17-10-2017, 12:02 PM
If this Carlton deal does get up just watch the media turn on Essendon and Dodoro. "They had Jake Stringer in the palm of their hand but they just wanted to be smart arses and in a fit of spite gave away the pick that the Bulldogs had specifically asked for" will be the narrative. That media darling status they have been wallowing in comes at a price if you *!*!*!*! up just the once.

bulldogtragic
17-10-2017, 12:05 PM
If this Carlton deal does get up just watch the media turn on Essendon and Dodoro. "They had Jake Stringer in the palm of their hands but they just wanted to be smart arses and gave the pick that the Bulldogs had specifically asked for away in a fit of spite" will be the narrative. That media darling status they have been wallowing in comes at a price if you *!*!*!*! up just the once.

That needs to happen now. If they actually fear this period has no Stringer & no first rounder either, the fear of God from their fans might encourage them to finally deal in good faith. Imagine they have a good first rounder and Stringer publicly wanting to get there, and at the end they have neither.

It's the stuff dreams are made of.

Rocket Science
17-10-2017, 12:10 PM
Essendon’s offer of draft picks 25 and 30 for Jake Stringer well short of what Bulldogs want (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/western-bulldogs/essendons-offer-of-draft-picks-25-and-30-for-jake-stringer-well-short-of-what-bulldogs-want/news-story/7568b1092efc8217ea1b21c32fe750e2?utm_content=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=EditorialSF&utm_source=HeraldSun&utm_medium=Twitter)

RECRUITERS say Essendon’s offer of picks 25 and 30 for Jake Stringer is “not even close” to the No. 11 draft pick the Western Bulldogs demanded last week.

The Bombers’ current offer — which sums to 1385 draft points — is the equivalent of pick 10, according to the AFL’s points system.

But some of the league’s talent spotters believe there is a sharp drop in quality after the first dozen or so prospects this year.

The Bombers say pick 25 and 30 is their final offer for Stringer and the Dogs say they will not accept it.

“The ball’s in their court,” Dons list manager Adrian Dodoro said yesterday.

“We’re just sitting by the phone, waiting for the Bulldogs to get back to us.”

The shape of the draft helps explain why the Dogs have not seriously considered Essendon’s offer.

It also illustrates why Stringer’s club was keen to package the picks for an earlier selection last week, eyeing Fremantle’s No. 5 pick and Richmond’s No. 15.

The Dockers and Tigers both rebuffed proposed deals last week. An approach to Brisbane Lions was also made to secure their No. 12 pick, but that has also fallen over.

The Dogs and West Coast have since entered talks about the Dogs securing the No. 13 pick.

Three players — midfielders Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paddy Dow and forward-midfielder Cameron Rayner — are in contention to go No. 1 this year.

St Kilda tried to complete a pick swap to secure Gold Coast’s No. 2 selection, but has been knocked back.

There is then a bit of a break until a group of prospects including Adam Cerra, Sam Hayes, Andrew Brayshaw, Jaidyn Stephenson, Jarrod Brander and Darcy Fogarty.

But even in the very top prospects in this year’s draft there are considered some flaws.

Clubs then believe the draft is so even they could get a player they rank in the early second round very deep in the draft, because opinions will very so much.

One expert said that while this appeared the weakest draft in multiple years, next year’s was regarded the strongest draft in a similar time frame.

http://i64.tinypic.com/333amqc.png

Hat tip to Dodo whose phone matches the decade his hairstyle comes from.

Grantysghost
17-10-2017, 12:22 PM
Just keep sitting by the phone. You might be there a while.

The arrogance is astounding. We don't have to do anything it's all down to the dogs....

Obviously you don't want Jake that badly.

bulldogtragic
17-10-2017, 12:27 PM
The arrogance is astounding. We don't have to do anything it's all down to the dogs....

Obviously you don't want Jake that badly.

Yep, 49.5 hours to go Dodoro. Another club, Carlton, interested now. Tick, tick mofo.

Topdog
17-10-2017, 12:29 PM
How can Carlton get the job done with Stringer overseas?

Throughandthrough
17-10-2017, 12:36 PM

With some other Bulldogs players. And mobile phones and the internet is pretty much a global phenomenon now :)

ledge
17-10-2017, 12:50 PM

The same way it would be done if it's Essendon,that's what managers are for .. Oh and Also making sure the player is on the straight and narrow.

ratsmac
17-10-2017, 01:03 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/333amqc.png

Hat tip to Dodo whose phone matches the decade his hairstyle comes from.

Dodoro waiting by the phone..... news update comes on SEN radio in the background - Jake Stringer joins the Blues for pick
Dodoro - but but but WTF!

1eyedog
17-10-2017, 01:03 PM

Anyone who takes Stringer would have interviewed him. If there is any truth to the Carlton rumors you can be pretty sure they've spoken to him at some stage.

bulldogtragic
17-10-2017, 01:21 PM
Anyone who takes Stringer would have interviewed him. If there is any truth to the Carlton rumors you can be pretty sure they've spoken to him at some stage.

He met with SOS not long after it blew up.

The Bulldogs Bite
17-10-2017, 01:30 PM
All it takes is a phone call.

Connors: "We can't get you to Essendon, but Carlton are offering a good deal and the Bulldogs will take it."
Stringer: "So it's Carlton or stay at the Dogs"?
Connors: "Yes."
Stringer:"Do it."

Rocket Science
17-10-2017, 01:30 PM

Well, you can't insist you won't go back AND be picky about where you end up.

Why that'd be like electing to part with a player then having the audacity to seek what he's worth.

Jeez, talk about having your cake and eating it.

Twodogs
17-10-2017, 01:38 PM

Jake would have signed some sort of power of attorney over to his management team when he first signed with them I reckon for just this circumstance.

Topdog
17-10-2017, 01:39 PM
All it takes is a phone call.

Connors: "We can't get you to Essendon, but Carlton are offering a good deal and the Bulldogs will take it."
Stringer: "So it's Carlton or stay at the Dogs"?
Connors: "Yes."
Stringer:"Do it."

Not sure Stringer will be in a competent state to be taking such phone calls

Twodogs
17-10-2017, 01:43 PM
Not sure Stringer will be in a competent state to be taking such phone calls

Yeah jet lag can be a killer.

BornInDroopSt'54
17-10-2017, 01:50 PM
Three business days to go and the tea leaves are saying the best offer is yet to be made. Come on Carlton and co. Warning do not leave your run too late. You are not alone. Show us the colour of your money.
There is a media circus surrounding this that perhaps Bulldog supporters are not quite as used to as Magpie supporters. What is being written in the media is not to be confused with real life. Anything in this context should NOT be taken as having anything to do with the Western Bulldogs, rather it is all about business (as opposed to football) players' rhetoric ( read BS) trying to make things happen.

Axe Man
17-10-2017, 01:57 PM
Yeah jet lag can be a killer.

When I got back from my footy trip to Byron Bay last week I was jet lagged for days!

bulldogtragic
17-10-2017, 01:57 PM
Three business days to go and the tea leaves are saying the best offer is yet to be made. Come on Carlton and co. Warning do not leave your run too late. You are not alone. Show us the colour of your money.
There is a media circus surrounding this that perhaps Bulldog supporters are not quite as used to as Magpie supporters. What is being written in the media is not to be confused with real life. Anything in this context should NOT be taken as having anything to do with the Western Bulldogs, rather it is all about business (as opposed to football) players' rhetoric ( read BS) trying to make things happen.

End is 2pm Thursday. 48 hours to go.

Twodogs
17-10-2017, 02:13 PM
When I got back from my footy trip to Byron Bay last week I was jet lagged for days!

I got jet lagged something shocking at the Casino a while ago. Couldn't shake it off for ages.

BornInDroopSt'54
17-10-2017, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=bulldogtragic;579928]End is 2pm Thursday.
Precisely.

bulldogtragic
17-10-2017, 02:20 PM
[QUOTE=bulldogtragic;579928]End is 2pm Thursday.
Precisely.

Under 48 hours to go. I wonder if this thread will hit 2,000 posts before any trade?

westdog54
17-10-2017, 02:22 PM
Under 48 hours to go. I wonder if this thread will hit 2,000 posts before any trade?

Only if we fill the thread with pointless posts.

The Underdog
17-10-2017, 02:24 PM

Pointless posts you say?

bulldogtragic
17-10-2017, 02:28 PM
Pointless posts you say?

Here? Never.

1eyedog
17-10-2017, 02:32 PM
This is a respectable forum no one here makes pointless posts for no reason that would be utterly pointless.

Twodogs
17-10-2017, 02:36 PM
Good show Pointless. Alexander Armstrong does a great show of hosting.

LostDoggy
17-10-2017, 02:40 PM

Maybe it has been decided that it's in his best interests that prospective suitors are unable to talk to him in person....

azabob
17-10-2017, 02:40 PM
Define pointless? If we get this thread to 2,000 posts it wouldn’t be pointless, it would be an achievement. A sad, sad achievement.

Doc26
17-10-2017, 02:41 PM
Say that again!

bulldogtragic
17-10-2017, 02:43 PM
Define pointless? If we get this thread to 2,000 posts it wouldn’t be pointless, it would be an achievement. A sad, sad achievement.

So we have a pointless to prove? He's still a long way behind Crameri, I think it was about 2,200 posts before the trade went through.

hujsh
17-10-2017, 02:45 PM
So we have a pointless to prove? He's still a long way behind Crameri, I think it was about 2,200 posts before the trade went through.
What a strange coincidence that they would both involve Essendon

bulldogtragic
17-10-2017, 02:47 PM
What a strange coincidence that they would both involve Essendon

Are you suggesting they drag out trades by being obstinate arseholes?

I am.

ledge
17-10-2017, 02:53 PM
Must admit I think we have upset Essendon a few times .. Stringer , Crameri , Campbell , Dickson , I think three of them were on their radar but we picked them in the draft before them.
The other we did trade for off them and they weren't to happy about it.

bulldogtragic
17-10-2017, 02:55 PM
Must admit I think we have upset Essendon a few times .. Stringer , Crameri , Campbell , Dickson , I think three of them were on their radar but we picked them in the draft before them.
The other we did trade for off them and they weren't to happy about it.

I can't believe they gave us 35 (&'Biggs) for Cooney. No one to blame but themselves on that one.

Axe Man
17-10-2017, 02:57 PM

https://s1.postimg.org/3hg31rrutr/1xqkb8.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Happy Days
17-10-2017, 03:24 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQnaRtNMGMI

Twodogs
17-10-2017, 04:01 PM
https://s1.postimg.org/3hg31rrutr/1xqkb8.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

I understand completely.

Twodogs
17-10-2017, 04:02 PM

I am.

That could have been two posts.

Twodogs
17-10-2017, 04:03 PM

You're better than that BT.

Twodogs
17-10-2017, 04:03 PM

I am.

Oops. Quoted the wrong post.

bulldogtragic
17-10-2017, 04:05 PM

Sorry.

bulldogtragic
17-10-2017, 04:05 PM
You're better than that BT.

Double sorry.

1eyedog
17-10-2017, 04:13 PM
or the echo inside Dodo's head.

bulldogtragic
17-10-2017, 04:20 PM
If the trade period was a week, this wouldn't be happening.

Come on 2,000 posts!