PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Western Bulldogs:- Josh Schache

Pages : 1 2 [3]

EasternWest
03-07-2022, 10:58 AM
You obviously weren’t sitting behind the goals when Schache defeated hawthorn a few years ago. Or you didn’t see him kick 20 goals in 10 games in 2019 (?). Or you didn’t see the Dogs win clearances when he rucked on Thursday. We got a greater percentage of clearances than we have had with all other second ruckmen other than Sweet recently. In all cases the mood of the crowd is he is to be banished soon after.

You simply make my point. 1 possession from Weightman a Week ago was associated with the descriptions brave, genius , in the game Etc. For you he can do no wrong. For me that performance was a joke and salvaged partly by Schache’s performance that night. The selection decision was an insult to all players striving to be selected - reminded me of all of Bruce’s failures in 2020. When Weightman was goalless against Adelaide he had failed on the day. No need to come to his defence, players have bad days and we move on (well,for some).

Personally I enjoy watching Weightman, Bruce, Schache and the rest. I have seen Weightman as talented since his first kick. Bruce had a great year in 2021. But reality is reality when it occurs.

Hey I like Schache, he's done some good things. I'd love for him to be a good player for us.

But you know I'm right. When he disappears, he's totally gone whereas Weightman is always energetic and active.

I'm not sure why the point of your post is. I never said anything about "brave, genius". I never said "he can do no wrong". You're putting words in my mouth.

Point your piss cannon at someone else.

Danjul
03-07-2022, 11:01 AM
You obviously weren’t sitting behind the goals when Schache defeated hawthorn a few years ago. Or you didn’t see him kick 20 goals in 10 games in 2019 (?). Or you didn’t see the Dogs win clearances when he rucked on Thursday. We got a greater percentage of clearances than we have had with all other second ruckmen other than Sweet recently. In all cases the mood of the crowd is he is to be banished soon after.

You simply make my point. 1 possession from Weightman a Week ago was associated with the descriptions brave, genius , in the game Etc. For you he can do no wrong. For me that performance was a joke and salvaged partly by Schache’s performance that night. The selection decision was an insult to all players striving to be selected - reminded me of all of Bruce’s failures in 2020. When Weightman was goalless against Adelaide he had failed on the day. No need to come to his defence, players have bad days and we move on (well,for some).

Personally I enjoy watching Weightman, Bruce, Schache and the rest. I have seen Weightman as talented since his first kick. Bruce had a great year in 2021. But reality is reality when it occurs.

From the AFL website, round 19 last year when the Dogs took top spot.

Schache selection reaps rewards
There was some surprise when Josh Schache was included in the side to tackle the Demons given the Dogs' set of tall forwards, but Beveridge swung a shock by playing the former Lion as a key defender. Schache started against Demons big man Luke Jackson but also spent time matched up against Ben Brown and Tom McDonald and played well across the night, finishing with 17 disposals and six marks. His inclusion was more valuable than the Dogs would have expected, though, given Keath's hamstring injury early in the first term left them a key defender down.

Whoever wrote that (relatively recently and not a Dog’s supporter) probably wasn’t biased by a need to have heroes and villains.

EasternWest
03-07-2022, 11:03 AM
From the AFL website, round 19 last year when the Dogs took top spot.

Schache selection reaps rewards
There was some surprise when Josh Schache was included in the side to tackle the Demons given the Dogs' set of tall forwards, but Beveridge swung a shock by playing the former Lion as a key defender. Schache started against Demons big man Luke Jackson but also spent time matched up against Ben Brown and Tom McDonald and played well across the night, finishing with 17 disposals and six marks. His inclusion was more valuable than the Dogs would have expected, though, given Keath's hamstring injury early in the first term left them a key defender down.

Whoever wrote that (relatively recently and not a Dog’s supporter) probably wasn’t biased by a need to have heroes and villains.

Again, nothing to do with what I said.

Danjul
03-07-2022, 11:19 AM
Again, nothing to do with what I said.
I’m not having a go at you. If it comes over that way I apologise.

I think the problem is you had a post and I clicked post reply and not reply to thread. Lesson learned.

But your statement- he is always in the game- doesn’t match my observations and neither does- he is totally gone (saw that somewhere).

My point is we view players through a lens. And that’s not directed at you. It is general. Could be written anywhere but in this thread it’s always present.

EasternWest
03-07-2022, 11:28 AM
I’m not having a go at you. If it comes over that way I apologise.

I think the problem is you had a post and I clicked post reply and not reply to thread. Lesson learned.

But your statement- he is always in the game- doesn’t match my observations and neither does- he is totally gone (saw that somewhere).

My point is we view players through a lens. And that’s not directed at you. It is general. Could be written anywhere but in this thread it’s always present.

Ok.

Maybe it's body language then, Cody's energy is never lacking, whereas Schache's laconic nature can look poor.

Happy Days
03-07-2022, 11:55 AM
Never seen Cody kick the ball 2m away because he's scared of body contact.

Also Cody was drafted 4 years after Schache, plays a totally different position and is way better than him. He has nothing to do with Schache being bad and seems like he's only been brought up as a strawman to deflect from Schache being bad.

Danjul
03-07-2022, 12:18 PM

Also Cody was drafted 4 years after Schache, plays a totally different position and is way better than him. He has nothing to do with Schache being bad and seems like he's only been brought up as a strawman to deflect from Schache being bad.

personally, I am sure the team would be better off if Weightman thought about body contact a little more. Didn’t he take himself out of the game against Port Adelaide by unnecessary body contact? Cost 2 him games. What happened to his elbow was the result of body contact, and ironically I think it was on Schache. He has not been able to play at his most effective best this year because of body contact.

On Thursday Cody and Josh had almost identical games from the point of view of getting a win. I didn’t see either as good or bad. You did. And I thought both were seriously handicapped by terrible delivery. That’s fair enough when viewing football because neither of our opinions are relevant. They just help fill in time.

Danjul
03-07-2022, 12:18 PM
Ok.

Maybe it's body language then, Cody's energy is never lacking, whereas Schache's laconic nature can look poor.I see it that way too.

Happy Days
03-07-2022, 12:24 PM
personally, I am sure the team would be better off if Weightman thought about body contact a little more. Didn’t he take himself out of the game against Adelaide by unnecessary body contact? Cost 2 him games. What happened to his elbow was the result of body contact, and ironically I think it was on Schache. He has not been able to play at his most effective best this year because of body contact.

I don’t even know how to respond to this.

Danjul
03-07-2022, 12:26 PM

I saw a comment somewhere that said deliveries into the forwards on Thursday were

to no one or opposition: 15
to Naughton: 15
to JUH: 4
to Weightman and Schache: 3

Three of them had little to work with, but JUH looked very good in those circumstances.

Danjul
03-07-2022, 12:29 PM
I don’t even know how to respond to this.
But they are facts. Weightman has broken his collar bone and dislocated his elbow through careless body contact. It has impacted on his recent performance. Or am I the only one noticing.

jeemak
03-07-2022, 12:47 PM
Piss cannon. I reckon piss cannon is going to win the internet today.

EasternWest
03-07-2022, 01:00 PM
I saw a comment somewhere that said deliveries into the forwards on Thursday were

Three of them had little to work with, but JUH looked very good in those circumstances.

Now Jamarra is someone I'm very very excited about.

I grant you the right to usage.

With great power comes great responsibility.

Grantysghost
03-07-2022, 01:09 PM

We are very Naughton conscious.

Grantysghost
03-07-2022, 01:12 PM

Canon as in official story right?

https://media.giphy.com/media/39sxyeuF5l0Fa/giphy.gif

bornadog
03-07-2022, 01:57 PM
We are very Naughton conscious.

It's because he demands the ball. I don't think I have ever seen Schache demand the ball to be kicked to him, or made his presence felt in the forward line. You have to lead and be in the right spot so the ball is kicked to you. Agree sometimes we bomb it in to the Fwd line looking for a big speccy from Naughton, but we are also ranked second as a team in marks inside 50. (we were number one, but Geelong truncing North over took us). Which means we find targets.

Bulldog Joe
03-07-2022, 02:16 PM
It's because he demands the ball. I don't think I have ever seen Schache demand the ball to be kicked to him, or made his presence felt in the forward line. You have to lead and be in the right spot so the ball is kicked to you. Agree sometimes we bomb it in to the Fwd line looking for a big speccy from Naughton, but we are also ranked second as a team in marks inside 50. (we were number one, but Geelong truncing North over took us). Which means we find targets.

We find targets more regularly but since we have the most entries, we probably miss more targets than anyone.

Our F50 entries against good teams is not efficient despite what you may find in stats.

We are simply flat track bullies who dine out on very poor teams.

jeemak
03-07-2022, 02:26 PM
We find targets more regularly but since we have the most entries, we probably miss more targets than anyone.

Our F50 entries against good teams is not efficient despite what you may find in stats.

Or we're just lacking the personnel to compete with the very good teams.

Grantysghost
03-07-2022, 02:44 PM

Vote now : https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?21875-The-Treloar-trade-a-retrospective&p=793155#post793155

:)

bornadog
03-07-2022, 03:51 PM

That is not my point.

There are enough kicks into the forward line for Schache to make his presence felt, if he had the ability.

Danjul
03-07-2022, 04:35 PM
That is not my point.

There are enough kicks into the forward line for Schache to make his presence felt, if he had the ability.
Against hawthorn, open forward line, decent entries. Contested marks:

JUH 4, Naughton 3, Schache 3.

the top three for contested marks for the dogs.

Usually our entries into the 50 m arc are poor and only Naughton and English are good enough to beat a large pack.

Bulldog Joe
03-07-2022, 08:22 PM
That is not my point.

Pretty difficult with the way we congest our own forward line most of the time.

Bulldog Joe
03-07-2022, 08:24 PM

You can accept that if you like.

My view that we have allowed teams like Carlton, Freo, Sydney and St Kilda to outperform us is not acceptable.

We have some of the best talent going around, we are just not utilising our talent effectively.

Danjul
03-07-2022, 09:01 PM
You can accept that if you like.

My view that we have allowed teams like Carlton, Freo, Sydney and St Kilda to outperform us is not acceptable.

We have some of the best talent going around, we are just not utilising our talent effectively.

Our talent got us to being ahead half way through a grand final. Poor selection decisions in the last 3 home and away games left the team out of gas at that point.

Bulldog Joe
03-07-2022, 10:54 PM
Our talent got us to being ahead half way through a grand final. Poor selection decisions in the last 3 home and away games left the team out of gas at that point.

Absolutely agree with this.