PDA

View Full Version : The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

EasternWest
29-09-2018, 07:11 PM
Wow...I hope so, but I’m not hopeful of either.

Neither am I but how good will my prediction abilities look if it gets up?

DOG GOD
29-09-2018, 07:22 PM
Neither am I but how good will my prediction abilities look if it gets up?

Fingers and everything else, crossed !!!

bulldogtragic
29-09-2018, 07:27 PM
We are miles back on May is my guess. If Richmond land Lynch. Then Collingwood would be an ideal home for him, as would Melbourne and the Hawks are into him too. I don't think we are competitive here.

On Wingard however, we've apparently offered more money to him than Hawthorn and allegedly put pick 6 on the table according to Sam McClure. Surely we are 50/50 at worst.

Hawthorn a part from Wingard and May, have also met with Shiel. I doubt they can afford two of them so who knows which one they focus on. Of the players types, I'd say they need May and Shiel more currently to their list. But who knows.

GVGjr
29-09-2018, 07:32 PM
I'm guessing here but I think May will end up at Melbourne or Collingwood
I also think we are warming in the chase for Wingard but we will probably have some trouble meeting Ports requirements.

DOG GOD
29-09-2018, 07:38 PM
If Freo gets hogan then dees are a shoe in to get May I’d say.

Remi Moses
29-09-2018, 10:45 PM
After seeing how Frost and Oscar McDonald were smashed in the prelim I can see why they’d want May

1eyedog
30-09-2018, 12:14 PM
They do have Lever in the second half of next year. I think the Hawks would take Wingard over Shiel. O'Meara is looking OK in the Shiel role but they need a Cyril replacement and Wingard fits the bill.

Rocket Science
01-10-2018, 11:01 AM

Welp, the calendar's saying it's that time of the year again ...

Load up on popcorn and stay safe everyone.

https://preview.ibb.co/bEAYGz/shocktober3.jpg (https://ibb.co/hdF0wz)

bulldogtragic
01-10-2018, 11:18 AM
Love the shit of it. Down to CP30 and R2D2! :D

EasternWest
01-10-2018, 11:28 AM
Rocket you are something else. That's amazing.

comrade
01-10-2018, 12:36 PM
Trengove as Chewbacca is a very nice touch.

Twodogs
01-10-2018, 12:37 PM

*!*!*!*!ing brilliant RS.

And the great thing is you didn't have to mark Tom Libba up because he really has gone and got his face tattooed like that!*

*may not be true. Yet.

Eastdog
01-10-2018, 12:59 PM
RS has come through again.

EasternWest
01-10-2018, 01:00 PM
Trengove as Chewbacca is a very nice touch.

It's the selfie sticks as lightsabers that put me over the edge.

westbulldog
01-10-2018, 03:53 PM
Rumours over this side of the planet are that Eagles are chasing Lobb and Kelly (Geelong). Carlton is after Shiel. Gaff will go to Norf and Lycett to Port Adelaide.

bulldogsthru&thru
01-10-2018, 04:19 PM
So who on here runs the Footscray Facebook page?

bulldogtragic
01-10-2018, 04:31 PM
So who on here runs the Footscray Facebook page?

Rocco

dukedog
01-10-2018, 04:31 PM

I have to ask. How bloody long did that take you. ? That is freakin amazing. I've sent it to all my family hahahahaha. I take my hat off

ledge
01-10-2018, 05:37 PM
So who will be in our calendar next year but playing at another club ?

bornadog
01-10-2018, 06:06 PM

RS, this must go on Twitter

bornadog
01-10-2018, 06:08 PM
Big Bulldog gets a sniff from the Magpies (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-01/big-bulldog-gets-a-sniff-from-the-magpies)

Pies looking at Adams.

bulldogtragic
01-10-2018, 06:16 PM
Big Bulldog gets a sniff from the Magpies (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-01/big-bulldog-gets-a-sniff-from-the-magpies)

Pies looking at Adams.

Best case pick 40 by the time shuffles happen. Not worth trading at that.

DOG GOD
01-10-2018, 06:35 PM

One of the best things I’ve ever seen ....classic !!!!!

lemmon
01-10-2018, 06:44 PM

Pies looking at Adams.

Sam Edmund reporting he wants to go to WA.

Are we going to do this every year with Marcus? Happy to let him go rather than hold us over a barrel. The bloke's played 27 games.

angelopetraglia
01-10-2018, 08:20 PM
Does anyone the know the real story with Marcus Adams? Understand the go home factor but this Pies twist has me scratching my head. What’s going on?

wimberga
01-10-2018, 08:21 PM
Did anyone else see that Ameet Bains was out having coffee with Jack Billings and Luke McDonald? A few whispers again tonight that Luke McDonald, despite signing 3 year contract a month ago, is currently exploring a trade away from North.

SonofScray
01-10-2018, 09:45 PM
Tell you what, I have lost a lot of respect for Adams. Maybe a little harsh of me, but the way he has played his cards annoys me greatly. Go home factor, fair enough to some degree. Injuries, I am sympathetic but we've been hurt by him missing too, it hasn't been his cross to bear solo.

We won't get good value in a trade so we are left with a scenario we we took all the risk, gave him his start, for little reward.

FrediKanoute
01-10-2018, 09:56 PM
Maybe a swap - Adams for Darcy Moore

ratsmac
01-10-2018, 10:08 PM
Maybe a swap - Adams for Darcy Moore

I'm hearing that Darcy Moore has more issues than just weak hamstring or does he. By that I mean there is speculation that he has faked injuries to avoid playing on certain players. Remember him sprinting from the ground after apparently pulling a hammy. These are just rumblings nothing from a reputable source, but it is interesting. It might be why Collingwood aren't rushing to sign him.

GVGjr
01-10-2018, 10:18 PM
Tell you what, I have lost a lot of respect for Adams. Maybe a little harsh of me, but the way he has played his cards annoys me greatly. Go home factor, fair enough to some degree. Injuries, I am sympathetic but we've been hurt by him missing too, it hasn't been his cross to bear solo.

We won't get good value in a trade so we are left with a scenario we we took all the risk, gave him his start, for little reward.

So why would a player who only misses games through injury want to leave a club that took a chance on him as a mature aged player and gave him a great nickname?

What is the underlying reason he would want to leave?

Rocket Science
01-10-2018, 10:47 PM
So why would a player who only misses games through injury want to leave a club that took a chance on him as a mature aged player and gave him a great nickname?

What is the underlying reason he would want to leave?

I'm guessing, but maybe he's another who's felt uncomfortable within the culture of the playing group?

It's a strange one but it's getting old. I'd prefer he demanded out if that's his preference rather than this I'll go if you can arrange it business but no sweat if you can't.

Something odd's going on.

Rocket Science
01-10-2018, 10:58 PM
I have to ask. How bloody long did that take you. ? That is freakin amazing. I've sent it to all my family hahahahaha. I take my hat off

Ha. Not long, it's a bunch of heads plonked onto a pinched background image really. Am more surprised and relieved others share the same juvenile sense of the ridiculous.

Ta for the kind words all - it belongs to the internet now so share as you please and let's hope it remains in the realm of fiction, my constitution can't cop a 3rd offseason of existential doom.

ReLoad
01-10-2018, 11:02 PM
Ha. Not long, it's a bunch of heads plonked onto a pinched background image really. Am more surprised and relieved others share the same juvenile sense of the ridiculous.

Ta for the kind words all - it belongs to the internet now so share as you please and let's hope it remains in the realm of fiction, my constitution can't cop a 3rd offseason of existential doom.

But the payoff is amazing! come on, you know you want it!

jeemak
01-10-2018, 11:29 PM

But the payoff is amazing! come on, you know you want it!

Two of WOOF’s pop culture icons sharing the love...be still my heart!

The Adelaide Connection
02-10-2018, 02:55 AM
I'm guessing, but maybe he's another who's felt uncomfortable within the culture of the playing group?

It's a strange one but it's getting old. I'd prefer he demanded out if that's his preference rather than this I'll go if you can arrange it business but no sweat if you can't.

This has got to be the worst case scenario. Although also not ideal, could he have lost faith with the medical department? Or maybe he is superstitious and thinks he has bad juju.

GVGjr
02-10-2018, 06:23 AM

The culture of the playing group might be a big part of it.
It's all speculation until we hear from him but in most instances players want to leave to either go back to their home state or for improved playing opportunities and yet this doesn't appear to be the case for Adams.
Given he has two years to go on his contract he would want to come up with a compelling reason.

westdog54
02-10-2018, 08:28 AM
Trade Winds: Huge Shiel bid, Pies miss on defender - http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-02/trade-winds-pies-miss-on-defender-hogans-price

afl.com.au reporting that Brisbane are offering Adams a four year deal.

For a player with a history of injury that's almost too good to refuse.

bulldogtragic
02-10-2018, 08:34 AM
Trade Winds: Huge Shiel bid, Pies miss on defender - http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-02/trade-winds-pies-miss-on-defender-hogans-price

afl.com.au reporting that Brisbane are offering Adams a four year deal.

For a player with a history of injury that's almost too good to refuse.

Jesus. What's his trade worth? I can't see their second rounder on the table. Sam Mayes seems gettable from reports. Reports were we we very keen on Cedric Cox in his draft year, he played just the 4 games this year.

mjp
02-10-2018, 08:36 AM
Adams is interesting.

From all reports (not media, people at West Perth) he is a great fella who genuinely loves being at our club.

But every year there are trade rumours.

My take is he is sick of being injured and is thinking more of a change of scenery/different approach to training and rehab might be the secret to getting more time on the park, NOT that he just wants out.

Happy to be corrected of course.

SlimPickens
02-10-2018, 08:47 AM
Adams is interesting.

From all reports (not media, people at West Perth) he is a great fella who genuinely loves being at our club.

My take is he is sick of being injured and is thinking more of a change of scenery/different approach to training and rehab might be the secret to getting more time on the park, NOT that he just wants out.

AFL website reporting Brisbane is where he is likely to end up. They had the best injury record this year....may be something in that.

ledge
02-10-2018, 09:17 AM
They will have to offer well over his worth . He still has two years with us, could be a good pick coming our way.

craigsahibee
02-10-2018, 09:36 AM
Adams is interesting.

That's what I heard also. His girlfriend is local and prefers to stay in Melbourne rather than go home.

The Brisbane bid is an interesting one. I'll take McStay for Adams and our 2nd rounder or Dahl compo pick if we don't use it on the Wingard deal.

GVGjr
02-10-2018, 09:37 AM
Adams is interesting.

I think that seems to be a fair assessment. It must get players down having to work with the rehab group all the time.
Brisbane are becoming major players in this years trade period.

If they are offering a 4 year deal to him then they need to give something decent back to us.

lemmon
02-10-2018, 09:42 AM
They will have to offer well over his worth . He still has two years with us, could be a good pick coming our way.

I'm more ambivalent. We're seeing more and more that the biggest factor in footy club success is cultural buy in. If the guy doesn't want to be at the club, I have no problem letting him go.

Adams sounds like a really solid citizen, but if he thinks he'd be a better player somewhere else, I think you send him off and bring in someone that actually wants to be a part of your program.

Collingwood were a kick away from a flag with Goldsack and Howe playing key back - the names on the team sheet are becoming less significant compared to the culture and cohesion a footy club can create.

He's probably worth a pick in the 30s - no issue letting him go if Brisbane/whoever else brings one to the table.

GVGjr
02-10-2018, 09:49 AM
That's a fair point Lemmon, if players don't want to be at the club if the deal makes sense we should make that move but I'd really like to hear from him why he might be considering leaving us

Rocco Jones
02-10-2018, 10:22 AM
With Adams maybe it’s about getting as much security as he can whilst he is in the system. Not a great selling point to outright say it but who can blame him for looking to cash in for as long as he can with his injury issues? He would be crazy to not want the four year deal. If he is injured for the next two years, will we be ‘loyal’ to him?

westdog54
02-10-2018, 10:47 AM
With Adams maybe it’s about getting as much security as he can whilst he is in the system. Not a great selling point to outright say it but who can blame him for looking to cash in for as long as he can with his injury issues? He would be crazy to not want the four year deal. If he is injured for the next two years, will we be ‘loyal’ to him?

I agree and it's a massive risk for Brisbane to take to offer that length of deal.

They are obviously confident of working through his injury issues.

The Bulldogs Bite
02-10-2018, 11:31 AM
Disappointing to hear it. I rate Adams. He's had no luck and no continuity which means we obviously hasn't been able to develop some deficiencies in his game.

Despite that, he has serious ability.

I'm slightly concerned at the amount of senior players we are potentially losing. We are already so young and replacing the few older bodies we have with more kids is a recipe for disaster.

Happy Days
02-10-2018, 11:32 AM
Wow 4 years for Adams? Go get it man. Can't really blame him or offer him anything similar.

bornadog
02-10-2018, 12:28 PM
SAM LANDSBERGER

RICHMOND forward Sam Lloyd is set to play for the Western Bulldogs next year.
The Herald Sun understands the Tigers midfielder has cleaned out his Punt Rd locker and is determined to join Whitten Oval.
The Herald Sun revealed in June that Lloyd was a player of interest for the Dogs.

ledge
02-10-2018, 12:28 PM
How much is true though ? First it was he wants to go home , then it’s collingwood and now it’s brisbane.
I am over all this media speculation just to get a headline or be first to get a story so make one up and see if it comes true. I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes nowhere and never intended to.
They get so much wrong it’s a joke.

The Bulldogs Bite
02-10-2018, 12:35 PM
SAM LANDSBERGER

RICHMOND forward Sam Lloyd is set to play for the Western Bulldogs next year.
The Herald Sun understands the Tigers midfielder has cleaned out his Punt Rd locker and is determined to join Whitten Oval.
The Herald Sun revealed in June that Lloyd was a player of interest for the Dogs.

Not sure how I feel about this.

He's a lesser version of Dickson but more durable. If we weren't keeping Dickson then it makes sense, but given we are I'd rather Stengle or some other quick small forward.

bornadog
02-10-2018, 12:38 PM
Not sure how I feel about this.

He's a lesser version of Dickson but more durable. If we weren't keeping Dickson then it makes sense, but given we are I'd rather Stengle or some other quick small forward.

I agree, but can understand why we are trying to boost our goal kicking. Hope he works out.

The Pie Man
02-10-2018, 12:56 PM
Lloyd doesn't address our pressure forward woes, but does kick goals and can go into the midfield, where we all know we're a bit light on.

I'm on board - reckon he might have a 3rd year left in him.

The Bulldogs Bite
02-10-2018, 01:03 PM
Will be 29 at the start of the 2019 season.

Ozza
02-10-2018, 01:22 PM
Have no problems getting Sam Lloyd in for a couple of years.
We have plenty of list spots. He dominates at VFL level - so is a better option than most there. Has played forward and mid and has also seen some time at half back where he can use his good kicking.
He might not start off best 22, but you need a squad - he might sit somewhere between 22 and 27 on the list, and you probably pick him up for less than the average AFL wage.

GVGjr
02-10-2018, 02:11 PM
The only issue with Lloyd from my perspective is that both Picken and Dickson are still on the list and there will be a bit of a logjam for that smaller forward position and on top of that it probably also limits opportunities for Greene.
It's not a bad problem to have but a curious challenge given our list

WBFC4FFC
02-10-2018, 02:36 PM
How much is true though ? First it was he wants to go home , then it’s collingwood and now it’s brisbane.
I am over all this media speculation just to get a headline or be first to get a story so make one up and see if it comes true. I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes nowhere and never intended to.
They get so much wrong it’s a joke.

2-years on a contract to go. If this is true then the Bullies will only trade Adams if we get a great result from the trade. If average, he stays. He is not a problem at the club. Hence no negative impact on the culture.

In saying that, if he is leaving because he has lost faith in our medical staff, then we do need to have a look.

If I was a betting man, I’d back in the fact he has 4-years on the table. Look at Bris and how they are trying to get Neale, who is contracted but with one-year left.

Rocket Science
02-10-2018, 03:36 PM
The only issue with Lloyd from my perspective is that both Picken and Dickson are still on the list and there will be a bit of a logjam for that smaller forward position and on top of that it probably also limits opportunities for Greene.

Perhaps an acquisition in-part fuelled by the hunch neither Pickers nor Dicko are locks to remain on the park with any sort of consistency next year.

At worst, another mature head around the kids and a low-risk insurance policy.

Greystache
02-10-2018, 03:42 PM
Thinking strategically, I'd like to see us going after some GWS players. There's a number that are potentially looking for a move and let's not forget who their list manager is now. If there's one person in the AFL system I'd be confident of dealing with and getting an excellent return from it's Jason McCartney.

When there's a weak link we should be exploiting it.

EasternWest
02-10-2018, 03:45 PM
Thinking strategically, I'd like to see us going after some GWS players. There's a number that are potentially looking for a move and let's not forget who their list manager is now. If there's one person in the AFL system I'd be confident of dealing with and getting an excellent return from it's Jason McCartney.

Excellent. Shiel it is then. I don't even care that his hair is so perfect.

Greystache
02-10-2018, 03:54 PM
Excellent. Shiel it is then. I don't even care that his hair is so perfect.

On a positive note it could force Tom Boyd's hair back into some form.

EasternWest
02-10-2018, 04:02 PM
On a positive note it could force Tom Boyd's hair back into some form.

So it's win win.

Actually I quite like Tom's look.

jeemak
02-10-2018, 04:18 PM
Perhaps an acquisition in-part fuelled by the hunch neither Pickers nor Dicko are locks to remain on the park with any sort of consistency next year.

At worst, another mature head around the kids and a low-risk insurance policy.

I have similar apprehensions about the ability of Picken and Dickson to get on the park, and think that the club does as well.
Lloyd probably backs himself in to be a better chance to stay fit than each of them, and I would say to be the preferred option over Greene for one to two years as well.

Rocket Science
02-10-2018, 04:31 PM
AFL website reporting Brisbane is where he is likely to end up. They had the best injury record this year....may be something in that.

Hmmm, lest my eyes are painted on the AFEL.com piece mentions the Pies rather than Brisbane going after Adams.

The Brissy talk seems to be the handiwork of Greg freaking Denham which virtually confirms Marcus is going nowhere.

DOG GOD
02-10-2018, 04:43 PM
Oh well Lloyd for honeychurch I imagine. Not a fan of either to be honest.

Happy Days
02-10-2018, 05:05 PM
The Brissy talk seems to be the handiwork of Greg freaking Denham which virtually confirms Marcus is going nowhere.

Oh really? Well that changes pretty much everything.

Why do other sources keep lending this guy such credence?

Rocket Science
02-10-2018, 05:19 PM
Oh really? Well that changes pretty much everything.

Why do other sources keep lending this guy such credence?

Because the appetite for baseless gossip right now is limitless, so it's Greggy's time to shine.

I can't wait until he's finally unmasked as @tradeguru69 ...

HOSE B ROMERO
02-10-2018, 07:17 PM
If Adams was wanting to go back to WA it may have something to do with his only sibling. A number of years ago, his older brother was king hit at a nightclub. From memory, i think he is now in a pretty bad way and they are very close. Seems a decent bloke so hope it works out for all parties.

ratsmac
02-10-2018, 07:34 PM
Will Setterfield anyone? Pick 5 a couple years ago but done an acl this year. Has meet with Carlton (No surprise there) and the drug cheats. I would hope we have made some enquiries.

GVGjr
02-10-2018, 08:08 PM
Will Setterfield anyone? Pick 5 a couple years ago but done an acl this year. Has meet with Carlton (No surprise there) and the drug cheats. I would hope we have made some enquiries.

Would be a nice addition with a view to the longer term. He might be a hard player to value in terms of a trade though

Happy Days
02-10-2018, 08:09 PM
Would be a nice addition with a view to the longer term. He might be a hard player to value in terms of a trade though

What if we get Brisbane's pick 22?

Giants don't really have a lot of leverage - would be more a matter of convincing Will to come across.

Rocket Science
02-10-2018, 08:20 PM
*groan*

The hot air merchants on Fox Footy's AFEL Tonight have simultaneously suggested Libba's sniffing out a move interstate, albeit nobody's biting, yet watch this space.

Righto.

We really need a thread for patent bullshit that comes to nothing. Or is this it?

EasternWest
02-10-2018, 08:21 PM
*groan*

The hot air merchants on Fox Footy's AFEL Tonight have simultaneously suggested Libba's sniffing out a move interstate, albeit nobody's biting, yet watch this space.

Righto.

We really need a thread for patent bullshit that comes to nothing. Or is this it?

I wish we had a Photoshop whiz to whip this into a witty pictorial.

bulldogtragic
02-10-2018, 08:43 PM
I wish we had a Photoshop whiz to whip this into a witty pictorial.

Where would we even get one?

EasternWest
02-10-2018, 08:44 PM

I don't know. Such a shame.

I wonder if Mark Knight is available to draw something.

bulldogtragic
02-10-2018, 09:19 PM

.... Serena Williams.

Now I'm out of this thread before the hand grenade explodes.

kruder
02-10-2018, 09:20 PM

I reckon Scully won't be at GWS by the end of trade period I'd be having a look for sure.

Rocket Science
02-10-2018, 09:20 PM

I had my people call his people.

https://preview.ibb.co/jzMsuK/Screen_Shot_2018_10_02_at_8_18_21_PM.png (https://ibb.co/bP631z)

ledge
02-10-2018, 09:25 PM
Got a new one now , apparently English wants to go back to WA.

bulldogtragic
02-10-2018, 09:27 PM

Trade rumours thread my friend. Emphasis on 'rumour' by some people out there in media land.

EasternWest
02-10-2018, 09:40 PM
I had my people call his people.

https://preview.ibb.co/jzMsuK/Screen_Shot_2018_10_02_at_8_18_21_PM.png (https://ibb.co/bP631z)

Lol. You're such a pushover.

But your comedic timing is remarkable.

Doc26
02-10-2018, 09:50 PM

Surely it’s not rocket science?

azabob
03-10-2018, 07:40 AM

I’d be surprised if he didn’t want to go back for Xmas to see his family.

The Pedge
03-10-2018, 11:05 AM
Who's Adams' manager? Maybe he's the one releasing info and just generally annoying me with all this talk of wanting a move but being happy to stay.

Mantis
03-10-2018, 12:16 PM

Channel 10 reporting through English's manager that he's happy at the Bulldogs and hasn't asked for a trade.

Bullies
03-10-2018, 01:03 PM
Who's Adams' manager? Maybe he's the one releasing info and just generally annoying me with all this talk of wanting a move but being happy to stay. Please make Adams the first trade so we can finally get rid of him and not put up with his carry on.

ledge
03-10-2018, 03:08 PM
Please make Adams the first trade so we can finally get rid of him and not put up with his carry on.

I don’t believe it’s him carrying on , it’s media making up stuff as usual. The only think he has ever stated is he is happy at the dogs.

kruder
03-10-2018, 06:50 PM
What are peoples thoughts on Tom langdon? If Adams wanted out would we take a direct swap? He played great in the prelim and granny its just a question if we need another mid sized defender.

dukedog
03-10-2018, 07:39 PM
What are peoples thoughts on Tom langdon? If Adams wanted out would we take a direct swap? He played great in the prelim and granny its just a question if we need another mid sized defender.

It's not a like for like. He did play a good GF
Didn't see enough of him during the year to answer. However. We will get SFA for Adams. So I'd take Langdon over a 3rd rounder.

FrediKanoute
03-10-2018, 07:39 PM

Like for like - straight swap. I'd do it - Langdon has more upside

Go_Dogs
03-10-2018, 07:50 PM
Still not convinced Adams leaves, unless Brisbane stump up a juicy offer.

The teams we need to beat will have Riewoldt/Lynch and Kennedy/Darling. Adams should be a walk up start in our defensive group, and will be worth a lot less in a trade than what he is to us. Anyway...I guess we have to wait and see.

Mofra
03-10-2018, 08:03 PM
Yeah it's a weird one - I heard the rumours months ago but assumed that meant Dickson/Picken (likely both) would retire.

Mofra
03-10-2018, 08:05 PM
It's not a like for like. He did play a good GF
Didn't see enough of him during the year to answer. However. We will get SFA for Adams. So I'd take Langdon over a 3rd rounder.
I'll take Khamis for a third rounder and pass on Langdon who would cost more.
I'd prefer we trade for needs which would be one more mid who can use the ball well and some quality in the forwardline.

ledge
03-10-2018, 08:22 PM
Reports are Langdon is staying at the pies anyway.

angelopetraglia
03-10-2018, 08:28 PM
Mark Stevens mail is normally pretty good when it comes to the Dogs as we know. Libba attending the B&F. Dahlhaus a no show.

@Stevo7AFL
Tom Liberatore going nowhere, according to high placed sources at the Dogs. Just has to tick off a couple of boxes in his rehab ... set to be locked away officially after another short break, post tonight’s best and fairest. @7NewsMelbourne

bornadog
03-10-2018, 08:33 PM
Mark Stevens mail is normally pretty good when it comes to the Dogs as we know. Libba attending the B&F. Dahlhaus a no show.

@Stevo7AFL
Tom Liberatore going nowhere, according to high placed sources at the Dogs. Just has to tick off a couple of boxes in his rehab ... set to be locked away officially after another short break, post tonight’s best and fairest. @7NewsMelbourne

Dahl has already said he is leaving, so no surprise there. I wonder if Roughy will be there?

angelopetraglia
03-10-2018, 08:39 PM
Dahl has already said he is leaving, so no surprise there. I wonder if Roughy will be there?

Yes. Definitely wasn't expecting Dahlhaus to attend.

Bullies
03-10-2018, 09:25 PM
Still not convinced Adams leaves, unless Brisbane stump up a juicy offer.

The teams we need to beat will have Riewoldt/Lynch and Kennedy/Darling. Adams should be a walk up start in our defensive group, and will be worth a lot less in a trade than what he is to us. Anyway...I guess we have to wait and see. Adams can't play on an opponent. He is dreadful man on man and he has no perception of where his player is. He plays well as a goal keeper type role with no opponent. I really don't think he will be a loss. Langdon will be a gun but will more than likely go home to WA if he doesn't sign with the Pies.

Bulldog Joe
03-10-2018, 09:29 PM
Adams can't play on an opponent. He is dreadful man on man and he has no perception of where his player is. He plays well as a goal keeper type role with no opponent. I really don't think he will be a loss. Langdon will be a gun but will more than likely go home to WA if he doesn't sign with the Pies.

Langdon is not from WA. He played Under 18 at Sandringham Dragons.

bornadog
03-10-2018, 09:30 PM
Yes. Definitely wasn't expecting Dahlhaus to attend.

Confirmed he is not in attendance, and he has been thanked for his services.

bulldogtragic
03-10-2018, 09:33 PM
Confirmed he is not in attendance, and he has been thanked for his services.

I thought he'd be motovated to attend and bury the hatchet with Bob, you know like a man over a relaxed chat and a beer. I guess he does his bravado on social media only.

ledge
03-10-2018, 09:42 PM
I thought he'd be motovated to attend and bury the hatchet with Bob, you know like a man over a relaxed chat and a beer. I guess he does his bravado on social media only.

Bobs in attendance I take it.

Remi Moses
03-10-2018, 09:47 PM
Woeful again from Dahlhaus, and Really should grow up .
Notice nothing from him thanking the footy club that gave him a start and let’s be honest the only one who was going to give him a chance . No class

EasternWest
03-10-2018, 10:03 PM

Lol.

SquirrelGrip
03-10-2018, 11:08 PM
I’d be trying to get both Tom Langdon and his brother Ed from Freo. Their family’s business was based in Footscray for many years and is now in Derrimut. Both great leaders on and off the field.

azabob
04-10-2018, 07:22 AM
Apparently Dogs have enquired about Dan Menzel. Menzel is chasing a 2 year deal though.

Menzel manager didn’t deny we had enquirered but alluded that Sam Lloyd’s recruitment may have knocked our interest on the head.

Source is from RSN breakfast club and Adam Ramanaskus who is Menzels manager.

Twodogs
04-10-2018, 08:45 AM
I’d be trying to get both Tom Langdon and his brother Ed from Freo. Their family’s business was based in Footscray for many years and is now in Derrimut. Both great leaders on and off the field.

What business was it SG?

Bullies
04-10-2018, 08:46 AM
Langdon is not from WA. He played Under 18 at Sandringham Dragons. Apologies it was to join his brother at Freo

bornadog
04-10-2018, 10:15 AM
Mark Stevens‏ @Stevo7AFL (https://twitter.com/Stevo7AFL)

A lot of talk about a Tom Liberatore ultimatum this morning ... he is about to head off on another holiday, following last night’s b and f, and has been made earn new deal, but reliably told he’s going nowhere. Will start training with 1-4 year players.

Rocket Science
04-10-2018, 11:24 AM
Ahhh, what's an off-season without some fresh Libba fuel for the fire.

SquirrelGrip
04-10-2018, 12:09 PM
What business was it SG?

Langdon Ingredients http://www.hjlangdon.com

EasternWest
04-10-2018, 12:16 PM
Ahhh, what's an off-season without some fresh Libba fuel for the fire.

Inside sources say that Jesse Hogan is open to a trade to Freo.

Rocket Science
04-10-2018, 02:47 PM
Oh noes! Libba looks unmotovated! Wait til @tradeguru69 gets hold of this!

https://preview.ibb.co/m0EAKK/Screen_Shot_2018_10_04_at_1_29_38_PM.png (https://ibb.co/hPBCYe)

#shocktober3

bornadog
05-10-2018, 01:32 PM
Dahl officially gone. In one way I am sorry it has ended this way.

The Bulldogs Bite
05-10-2018, 01:40 PM
If it is Pick 25, are we better off trading this?

Otherwise, it seems certain it will be need to be used on West which would be a poor result for us given we could just use later picks to secure West (and Khamis).

Testekill
05-10-2018, 01:45 PM
We as a club should get a please explain into why Dahlhaus was judged to have less value than Motlop. Get them to admit that the AFL put their finger on the scale so that the Gold Coast could get a first rounder for Ablett.

G-Mo77
05-10-2018, 01:46 PM
Dahl officially gone. In one way I am sorry it has ended this way.

It's horrible. I imagined having our premiership heroes around for a long time and not leave on such bad terms. It's really sad.

Grantysghost
05-10-2018, 01:55 PM
Our premiership side didn't last long ! Tinge sad, but probably best for both parties.

Rocket Science
05-10-2018, 02:02 PM
Wow. This is so demotovating.

divvydan
05-10-2018, 02:14 PM
Confirmed 2nd rd pick compensation. Dahlhaus was an unrestricted free agent, so even if we thought we could get more in a trade, we had no option to match.
Will definitely be needed for West.

bulldogtragic
05-10-2018, 02:19 PM
Confirmed 2nd rd pick compensation. Dahlhaus was an unrestricted free agent, so even if we thought we could get more in a trade, we had no option to match.
Will definitely be needed for West.

So pick 25 less shuffling down? That’s still a good haul of points towards West.

divvydan
05-10-2018, 02:30 PM
Yeah, currently 25, will probably end up on at least 26 (GC compo) and could change either way after earlier academy players. Probably won't be enough to get West on his own as Pick 26 is 729 points, which would allow us to cover anything after a bid at pick 20 but West is likely to be bid on a little before that.

The Bulldogs Bite
05-10-2018, 02:31 PM
So pick 25 less shuffling down? That’s still a good haul of points towards West.

BT wouldn't it be more beneficial to us in trading that Pick 25 out and securing a player of need, then using later picks/points to secure West and Khamis?

Otherwise we essentially lose Dahlhaus for West which isn't great given we're always taking West regardless.

Happy Days
05-10-2018, 02:33 PM
BT wouldn't it be more beneficial to us in trading that Pick 25 out and securing a player of need, then using later picks/points to secure West and Khamis?

Otherwise we essentially lose Dahlhaus for West which isn't great given we're always taking West regardless.

I thought that because we don't have a second round pick that without 25 we wouldn't be getting West.

divvydan
05-10-2018, 02:36 PM
We could get West even without a 2nd round pick, however we would likely go into a points deficit and the remaining points owed would be taken off our first pick next year.

hujsh
05-10-2018, 02:37 PM
I thought that because we don't have a second round pick that without 25 we wouldn't be getting West.

Nah, if we don't have the points we can go into deficit for next year.

GVGjr
05-10-2018, 02:48 PM

I'd use the pick to acquire another player, we probably don't have the numbers in the list though

It seems to be a fair return for Dahlhaus given his refusal to accept a fair offer from us

I'm more than a bit 'motivated' by getting a 2nd round pick for him

Topdog
05-10-2018, 02:56 PM
We have more father sons to get next year so can't really afford to go into a deficit

EasternWest
05-10-2018, 03:05 PM
We have more father sons to get next year so can't really afford to go into a deficit

Is one of them Liberatore mk 3? Because I imagine we'd be considering that with fair circumspection now.

bulldogtragic
05-10-2018, 03:10 PM

I’m no fan of deficits. So we could trade it, to me, in an existing trade if we can secure a net draft points trade.

I see trading it in the Wingard trade maybe if it eventuates. 7 & 27 for 29 & 47.

Then we bulk up on lower points circa 29, 44, 45 (Roughy compo?), 47, 62 & 63 to secure West & Khamis. 80 on Lloyd.

So maybe our 8 spots are: Wingard, Lloyd, Gowers, Lynch, West (1st), Khamis (2nd) and two picks (maybe Hayes, an NGA or Smiths year elevation if the pick is too low).

Then Adams, if traded, can move things around. But we need something juicy in the 20’s heading in. Deficits are no good with two potential FSs next years and then more the year after.

bulldogtragic
05-10-2018, 03:10 PM

I’m no fan of deficits. So we could trade it, to me, in an existing trade if we can secure a net draft points trade.

I see trading it in the Wingard trade maybe if it eventuates. 7 & 27 for 29 & 47.

Then we bulk up on lower points circa 29, 44, 45 (Roughy compo?), 47, 62 & 63 to secure West & Khamis. 80 on Lloyd.

So maybe our 8 spots are: Wingard, Lloyd, Gowers, Lynch, West (1st), Khamis (2nd) and two picks (maybe Hayes, an NGA or Smiths year elevation if the pick is too low).

Then Adams, if traded, can move things around. But we need something juicy in the 20’s heading in. Deficits are no good with two potential FSs next years and then more the year after.

mitch0418
05-10-2018, 03:52 PM
Is Rohan Smith's son Jacob up for draft this year? Sorry if this has been discussed before. I just haven't heard much about him and only seem to hear about Rhylee West. I thought Jacob was either the same age as Rhylee or older?

Axe Man
05-10-2018, 04:00 PM
A prospective father/son list courtesy of big footy:

Eligible Father/Sons

Rhylee West - (2018 Draft)
Joshua Kellett - (2019 Draft)
Oliver Liberatore (2019 Draft)
Tyler Kolyniuk (2019 Draft)
Daniel Romero (2019 Draft)
Ewan MacPherson (2020 Draft)
Sam Darcy - (2021 Draft)
Cooper West - (2021 Draft)
Kobi West - (2021 Draft)
Kyan Eagleton - (2022 Draft)
Mitchell Croft - (2022 Draft)
Jordan Croft - (2022 Draft)
Tom Garlick - (2023 Draft)
Max Darcy - (2023 Draft)
Jack Johnson - (2023 Draft)
Harry Cameron - (2024 Draft)
Lukas Eagleton - (2025 Draft)
Jaxon Cooney - (2025 Draft)
Oliver Grant - (2025 Draft)
Jarvis Murphy - (2025 Draft)
Cohen Lake - (2025 Draft)
Sonny Garlick - (2025 Draft)
Riley Morris - (2026 Draft)
Zakaria Daniel Mark Southern (2028 Draft)
Charlie Morris (2029 Draft)
Malachy Picken - (2030 Draft)
Jack Cameron - (2030 Draft)
Levi Hahn (2030 Draft)
Otis Giansiracusa - (2030 Draft)
Tyler Cross - (2030 Draft)
Jude Brown - (2031 Draft)
Miller Kretiuk - (2034 Draft)
James Boyd - (2034 Draft)

divvydan
05-10-2018, 04:00 PM
Jacob Smith was eligible a few drafts ago from what I remember. Maybe he has another younger son as well that's more Rhylee's age?

bulldogtragic
05-10-2018, 04:06 PM
Is Rohan Smith's son Jacob up for draft this year? Sorry if this has been discussed before. I just haven't heard much about him and only seem to hear about Rhylee West. I thought Jacob was either the same age as Rhylee or older?

Pretty sure it was last year. The headliners are West (2018), Kellett & Libba (2019), MacPherson (Vic Metro MVP U/16 this year) (2020). There's also 3 more West boys, Kai Dimattina and I think a Darcy floating around. Plenty on the radar, some very good ones potentially too. As an aside, that's why I'm no fan of running draft point deficits. It will just keep compounding problems.

lemmon
05-10-2018, 05:55 PM
Pretty sure it was last year. The headliners are West (2018), Kellett & Libba (2019), MacPherson (Vic Metro MVP U/16 this year) (2020). There's also 3 more West boys, Kai Dimattina and I think a Darcy floating around. Plenty on the radar, some very good ones potentially too. As an aside, that's why I'm no fan of running draft point deficits. It will just keep compounding problems.

Any early indications about where the 2019 and 2020 boys could go, BT?

bulldogtragic
05-10-2018, 06:12 PM
Any early indications about where the 2019 and 2020 boys could go, BT?

I've followed them all from the comfort of an iPad and some very well informed watchers.

Kellett as a younger player would win everything. Club B&Fs, League B&Fs etc. played interleague throughout, development squads and Vic Metro U/16s and was always ahead of Libba in a head to head of who is better. I had an oppo coach who has coached against him for years rave about him. But next year is his time to shine, but I'm bullish from what I have heard and read. (Ps. Thank god we got Mark to 101 games!!)

Libba has the right pedigree. Played interleague throughout, development squads and Vic Metro U/16s and looks every bit the chance. The same coach from above tends to think he will end up at the club too. But again, next year is the make or break.

Hard to tell what they will cost in my book with a year to run.

MacPherson, this coach knew of but hadn't seen as much but had high opinion of him. Was playing in the U/16 Vic Metro squad with some players of his so had first hand info. Obviously Super JR. did well winning the MVP for Vic Metro. Something that Rhylee West did two years ago and Rhylee looks like a first rounder. So maybe that's a rough guide.

I'm less across all our NGAs, but if these boys go high in the order plus if Khamis like players fall from the skies to us, I don't want to see us running deficits. I'd rather make some hard calls, force some fringe or injured players out or allow trades if players demand them and purchase these kids outright if they make the talent profile noticeably better without compounding the problem into a rolling problem over years until it bites us badly (we've done it this year with Dahl, Biggs/Redders & maybe Adams. I think it's the best approach).

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
05-10-2018, 06:29 PM
I've followed them all from the comfort of an iPad and some very well informed watchers.

Kellett as a younger player would win everything. Club B&Fs, League B&Fs etc. played interleague throughout, development squads and Vic Metro U/16s and was always ahead of Libba in a head to head of who is better. I had an oppo coach who has coached against him for years rave about him. But next year is his time to shine, but I'm bullish from what I have heard and read. (Ps. Thank god we got Mark to 101 games!!)

Libba has the right pedigree. Played interleague throughout, development squads and Vic Metro U/16s and looks every bit the chance. The same coach from above tends to think he will end up at the club too. But again, next year is the make or break.

MacPherson, this coach knew of but hadn't seen as much but had high opinion of him. Was playing in the U/16 Vic Metro squad with some players of his so had first hand info. Obviously Super JR. did well winning the MVP for Vic Metro. Something that Rhylee West did two years ago and Rhylee looks like a first rounder. So maybe that's a rough guide.

I'm less across all our NGAs, but if these boys go high in the order plus if Khamis like players fall from the skies to us, I don't want to see us running deficits. I'd rather make some hard calls, force some fringe or injured players out or allow trades if players demand them and purchase these kids outright if they make the talent profile noticeably better without compounding the problem into a rolling problem over years until it bites us badly (we've done it this year with Dahl, Biggs/Redders & maybe Adams. I think it's the best approach).

I thought he was Nigel's boy?

GVGjr
05-10-2018, 07:10 PM

Yep, he's Nigel's boy. Nigel talked about him at the Legends and Young Guns night a few months ago. Bit of a character is Nigel

bulldogtragic
05-10-2018, 07:41 PM

Yep. Brain fart. Nigel and his glorious 100th & 101st game.

Testekill
05-10-2018, 08:44 PM

Luckily I think that our only NGA kid that looks likely to go high is Ugle-Hagan in 2020. He should be a ripper if he keeps developing like he has.

Eastdog
06-10-2018, 03:24 PM
I reckon Mofra, BT, The Doctor, Testekill are great when it come to the list management threads :)

Remi Moses
06-10-2018, 06:21 PM
Not sure if anyone’s mentioned
There’s also Tyler Kolyniuk available next season
Feeling decidedly ancient knowing that

Doc26
06-10-2018, 08:18 PM
Not sure if anyone’s mentioned
There’s also Tyler Kolyniuk available next season
Feeling decidedly ancient knowing that

I feel you Remi, with Mason Fletcher likely to get picked up as F/S this year that equates to 3 generations of Fletchers I will have watched in the stands.

Remi Moses
06-10-2018, 08:47 PM
I feel you Remi, with Mason Fletcher likely to get picked up as F/S this year that equates to 3 generations of Fletchers I will have watched in the stands.

I hear ya Doc . Fletcher of the Ken variety was a teacher at my school

bornadog
06-10-2018, 09:54 PM
I hear ya Doc . Fletcher of the Ken variety was a teacher at my school

What school Remi? He was our fill in PE teacher for awhile.

ledge
07-10-2018, 08:11 AM

I did Kenny fletchers “roast” celebration invitations back when I was in trades school, that was somewhere between 1980 and 1983.
Trade teacher had something to do with the essendon footy club and organised us apprentices to print them up.

Dancin' Douggy
07-10-2018, 02:47 PM
Everything is working out juuuuuuuust fine.

Bear with me dear woofers, and may i preface my ‘speech’ by apologising for being one of the ‘parasites’ on this site. I’m on here pretty much every day but rarely ever contribute. it’s not because I don’t want to, but i rarely ever seem to be able to carve out the time required to contribute something with enough weight to be worth demanding or requesting anyone else’s time or attention. But when it comes to footy news. WOOF is my absolute 100% guaranteed source.

now……..here’s a contribution.

In 2014, when I saw the emergence of Bont, Stringer, Macrae, Libba etc. I said to my friends, now’s the time to cash in all our chips, because these kids are the core of a premiership team. Sell, sell sell…… we need to be ruthless like hawthorn. Trade Cooney, trade anyone, and even though it felt ‘dirty’ at the time, something that could only be whispered between ne’erdowells and vagabonds in the stinking back alleys of some industrial hellhole, I said we should even trade Griffen. Yes……….I said it, even though it felt so wrong.

And then………. look what happened. Cooney traded out, OMG Griffen walks…………..we win a flag.

So anyway, i’m revisiting this recent list analysis of mine (read below)………and thus far it’s all working out as i hoped/thought/predicted which is hopefully a good sign.

First.
Dalhaus leaving is GREAT for us………it’s perfect………AND he comes out of it the ‘bad guy’.

We just had a glut of bad kicking midfielders, we needed to clear one/some he was one of the worst, now he’s gone……….. perfect. Add Clay Smith, Biggs and Honeychurch (presumably) to the exodus from that bunch……….. all ok with me. The list is already looking better balanced.
Pick 25 for Dalhaus? actually not bad.

Next Marcus Adams. We have a glut of tall defenders………… If we have to lose one, Marcus Adams is a good one to lose. His highlight reel is pretty damn impressive, and thankfully, he’s been injured for so long that the rest of the football world seem to be pretty unaware of his shortcomings. If we could destroy every copy of the last game in Ballarat, we should. But somehow nobody seems to have seen it.(wow, what a surprise) if it’s true that Brisbane want him on a 4 year deal that’s great. A pick in the 20’s/30’s would be great. Kieran Collins is also gone from that group. I can feel the list rebalancing even more.

Next. Mitch Wallis. Great that we have signed him. You simply don’t let people like Mitch walk out the door. Being a father son as well actually holds a lot of weight with me. It really does. And I’ve never seen or heard anything about Mitch Wallis ever doing anything that would make you question his character or commitment. AND he is a bloody good footballer and one of the only players on our list who is likely to nail a set shot. So good……….tick.

Next. Chad Wingard…………… I know it hasn’t happened yet, but if you could go into a laboratory and build the EXACT player we need……….it is Chad Wingard.
Dangerous crumbing forward, strong in the air. Can create havoc in the midfield with pace and class and exquisite footskills. This is what we’re screaming out for. This is what we’re lacking.

If Chad don’t come, we should turn our attention to Jack Martin from the Gold Coast. He could become that player, and would come cheaper than Chad too. In fact I would LOVE to get Jack Martin. (can we get both?????)

But…….… And this is the bit I don’t quite understand.
There’s a conversation out there that presumes Roughead and Campbell will be traded or delisted……..so we need to look for back up ruckmen from lesser leagues or players who aren’t getting a game with other AFL teams…………………….
But are we really gonna find anyone better than Roughead and Campbell????????

The names that keep being mentioned are just so unimpressive…………..

Either we let Roughead and Campbell go because Bevo doesn’t believe in ruckmen, and we just play Pee Wee Herman in the ruck………or we keep them because they’re good back up ruckmen?

This is one part of the puzzle I’m really struggling with.

I personally believe Tim English will go down in history as one of THE great ruckman. Seriously.
But you always need back up, and I want Boyd to go forward.

Really looking forward to how the rest of the trade period pans out.

I think we’re back in the finals race next year with the adjustments we’re making.
And close to having a serious crack at another flag.

This is going to need to be a huge trade year for us.

There are some huge holes in our playing list.
And some huge gluts.

I have deliberately left quite a few recent draftees out of this discussion as some of them are very good and some of them I don’t really have a handle on yet.

Nevertheless………..

We have a huge oversupply of mid-sized, mid-paced players with questionable foot skills.

3. Mitch Wallis
5. Josh Dunkley
6. Luke Dahlhaus
7. Lachie Hunter
14. Clay Smith
19. Lukas Webb
22. Mitch Honeychurch
24. Shane Biggs
46. Lin Jong

We have a surplus of tall defenders

2. Lewis Young
8. Jackson Trengove
12. Zaine Cordy
18. Fletcher Roberts
25. Marcus Adams
32. Kieran Collins
33. Aaron Naughton
38. Dale Morris

We have a swathe of rebounding defenders.

Matthew Suckling
9. Hayden Crozier
10. Easton Wood
20. Ed Richards
34. Bailey Williams
39. Jason Johannisen.

And ruck men? Not too many, but one that never gets a game (Campbell) and one (Boyd) who I think should be played as a permanent forward.

15. Tom Campbell
17. Tom Boyd
23. Jordan Roughead
44. Tim English

We simply can’t maintain this list profile and be competitive.

We lack genuine foot speed and foot skills, and we have no small menacing goalsneaks.

We need to lose some from each of these groups, although I’d keep all the players in the rebounding defenders group unless we get a big offer for Johanissen. And frankly, since he won the Norm Smith he’s been playing a pretty selfish, show pony, unaccountable, ‘look at me’ and look at my ‘crazy hairstyle’ game. It’s starting to wear pretty thin with me. Particularly his insistence on demanding the ball from someone having a set shot and then proceeding to miss time and time and time again. And I guess we’re stuck with Crozier for the time being. Let’s hope he continues to improve. And as far as the ruck group goes, I think Campbell probably deserves more game time than he’s getting. So for his own sake he probably wants to move on.

The top group is the hardest. I’d hate to trade out any father/sons. I just don’t like the look/feel of it. And I still think there’s a lot of talent in Hunter. And Wallis is a very reliable meat and potatoes type. Actually not bad by foot, pretty reliable as a set shot, just not a long strong kick, and we need guys who can break lines with their kicking. But I know Wallis bleeds red white and blue and I would hate to see him in another guernsey. I’ll say right here and now, to me he’s a definite keeper.

Honeychurch is a no brainer. Delist or trade.

Biggs is so hopelessly out of form it’s delist or trade.

Smith should retire I think while his knees will still let him walk.

And Jong, I’m just afraid he’s surplus to our needs in that group. Even when fit and in the team he doesn’t provide us with what we really need. Yeah he’s strong and fast and brave, but he still can’t kick well consistently, and if he was the only one who couldn’t kick well, you could carry him. Unfortunately he’s in a conga line of guys who can’t kick. I actually love him, but this is about logic and strategy, we can’t be too touchy feely.

Dahlhaus is a pretty important figure at the club marketing wise, and if he was moved on it would be a very unpopular move. VERY unpopular. But gee his kicking has gone so far backwards, that he’s almost literally kicking backwards these days. He can’t make the distance on a set shot from 30 metres out. If someone threw a big offer down and we could get the free agency………………geez you’d have to consider it. We simply need to weed out some of these types.

I’d even let Dunkley go if someone came after him with a decent offer.

Webb. Maybe better by foot than the rest, but little or no trade value, and just doesn’t get the ball enough in his senior appearances.

We need to cull 4/5 players from that group.

Then there’s the tall defenders.

We simply have too many. But none of them are worth much on the open market except probably Naughton (and we’ll be keeping him of course.)

Roberts, definitely out. Retire or trade for peanuts.

Marcus Adams, good player but so often injured his trade value isn’t what he’s actually worth as a player. An offer from a WA club perhaps?

Kieran Collins? Maybe someone is still keen on him from his draft year performances but his trade worth is certainly not gonna be much.

Trengove we’re stuck with ala Crozier.

Morris. His last year? Maybe one more…just…but no trade there.

Young, no trade value and still an untapped talent. So keep.

Either way, we can’t keep them all on our list in my opinion.

We have pick 5 (pretty sure that won’t change) and we need points for West and Khamis.

We need pace and foot skills, pace and foot skills, pace and foot skills, rinse and repeat.

Please discuss

The Adelaide Connection
07-10-2018, 03:22 PM
Everything is working out juuuuuuuust fine.

Bear with me dear woofers, and may i preface my ‘speech’ by apologising for being one of the ‘parasites’ on this site. I’m on here pretty much every day but rarely ever contribute. it’s not because I don’t want to, but i rarely ever seem to be able to carve out the time required to contribute something with enough weight to be worth demanding or requesting anyone else’s time or attention. But when it comes to footy news. WOOF is my absolute 100% guaranteed source.

now……..here’s a contribution.

In 2014, when I saw the emergence of Bont, Stringer, Macrae, Libba etc. I said to my friends, now’s the time to cash in all our chips, because these kids are the core of a premiership team. Sell, sell sell…… we need to be ruthless like hawthorn. Trade Cooney, trade anyone, and even though it felt ‘dirty’ at the time, something that could only be whispered between ne’erdowells and vagabonds in the stinking back alleys of some industrial hellhole, I said we should even trade Griffen. Yes……….I said it, even though it felt so wrong.

And then………. look what happened. Cooney traded out, OMG Griffen walks…………..we win a flag.

So anyway, i’m revisiting this recent list analysis of mine (read below)………and thus far it’s all working out as i hoped/thought/predicted which is hopefully a good sign.

First.
Dalhaus leaving is GREAT for us………it’s perfect………AND he comes out of it the ‘bad guy’.

We just had a glut of bad kicking midfielders, we needed to clear one/some he was one of the worst, now he’s gone……….. perfect. Add Clay Smith, Biggs and Honeychurch (presumably) to the exodus from that bunch……….. all ok with me. The list is already looking better balanced.
Pick 25 for Dalhaus? actually not bad.

Next Marcus Adams. We have a glut of tall defenders………… If we have to lose one, Marcus Adams is a good one to lose. His highlight reel is pretty damn impressive, and thankfully, he’s been injured for so long that the rest of the football world seem to be pretty unaware of his shortcomings. If we could destroy every copy of the last game in Ballarat, we should. But somehow nobody seems to have seen it.(wow, what a surprise) if it’s true that Brisbane want him on a 4 year deal that’s great. A pick in the 20’s/30’s would be great. Kieran Collins is also gone from that group. I can feel the list rebalancing even more.

Next. Mitch Wallis. Great that we have signed him. You simply don’t let people like Mitch walk out the door. Being a father son as well actually holds a lot of weight with me. It really does. And I’ve never seen or heard anything about Mitch Wallis ever doing anything that would make you question his character or commitment. AND he is a bloody good footballer and one of the only players on our list who is likely to nail a set shot. So good……….tick.

Next. Chad Wingard…………… I know it hasn’t happened yet, but if you could go into a laboratory and build the EXACT player we need……….it is Chad Wingard.
Dangerous crumbing forward, strong in the air. Can create havoc in the midfield with pace and class and exquisite footskills. This is what we’re screaming out for. This is what we’re lacking.

If Chad don’t come, we should turn our attention to Jack Martin from the Gold Coast. He could become that player, and would come cheaper than Chad too. In fact I would LOVE to get Jack Martin. (can we get both?????)

There’s a conversation out there that presumes Roughead and Campbell will be traded or delisted……..so we need to look for back up ruckmen from lesser leagues or players who aren’t getting a game with other AFL teams…………………….

Either we let Roughead and Campbell go because Bevo doesn’t believe in ruckmen, and we just play Pee Wee Herman in the ruck………or we keep them because they’re good back up ruckmen?

I personally believe Tim English will go down in history as one of THE great ruckman. Seriously.

I think we’re back in the finals race next year with the adjustments we’re making.

Great post and I agree with almost everything you say.
Although my sample space of GC games isnt as high as most other teams, from what I have seen I do worry that Jack Martin gets pushed around too easily. I think his ceiling isn’t quite as high as hyped and hoped, and he is going to be a bit “Spindleshanks” in his inability to bulk up and find that extra strength.

I dont get the ruck situation. I think there have been enough teams in the last few years that have rolled the ruck dice and snake-eyesed badly to serve as a cautionary tale. Port were arrogant enough to think that Ryder was indestructible and letting Trengove go almost definitely cost them a top four finish last year.
If there is no love for Roughead and Campbell I agree that locking them in is a no brainer. At worst they go a long way to helping Footscray (both competitively and in leadership/experience) and I don’t think enough weight is given to the positive impact that a successful two’s has on the development and morale of the blokes not cracking the firsts.

bulldogtragic
07-10-2018, 03:36 PM
You won't see an argument fom DD, great post.

I'm with you on Adams. His best is great, his worst is lucky to be VFL. Because of injuries we really can't gauge how long the gap is in games between good and bad. If we can get something good I'm happy with that and leave Roberts to be the back up.

I'd move Trengove into the ruck column. His games there late last year were very good to excellent. So I'd say there's Trengove, English and a chop out from Boyd. That would mean we've moved Adams, Collins and Trengove from the KPD stock, leaving Cordy, Naughton, Morris, Young Roberts and smaller but ok height is Wood and Khamis. Trengove, if injuries hit, could give some cover.

If we got a third rounder for roughy I'd take the pick. Campbell as you say could be good depth, but Bevo won't play him. So I wonder if Bevo is happy just two take an undersized ruck and a young ruck with Boyd to help, or whether there's a mature ruck floating around who he would play. I'm just not sure either, we look light but the coach has a view and there's no point clogging a list spit with someone the coach will refuse to play. I guess watch this space.

I hope we can land Wingard. As you say, he makes us better in many areas around the ground. Lloyd can also take a run in the midfield, and hit the scoreboard forward. I've often pointed out how good Hawthorn were in the three peat with mids/fwds. After each goal they would rotate them around with their KPFs. If we can get Gowers fitter after another preseason, and looking at Lipinski's last bit of the year and Wallis great last half, we can permanently rotate between forward and midfield Bonts, Wingard, Wallis, Lloyd, McLean, Lipinski, Libba (king of the one step or standing kick goal), Gowers, Dunkley, Picken, maybe even Richards, West longer term etc while moving around Boyd, Schache, English &/or Trengove. Our set ups have been predictable as have our forward fifty entries. If we can return return to the Men of Mayhem type unpredictable forward set up, but this time improve the entries in to allow players more easy marks inside 50, then our scoring should improve early next year. Need that Chad nomination ASAP.

The back half looks talented and strong with Naughton, Cordy, Young, Morris & Wood ready to go. With Daniel, Richards, Crozier, Suckling, Williams and co running around them.

We need fringe players like Dale & Webb to command a spot, kids to keep coming on like Greene & Lynch, and fight like hell to earn a spot in the 22. There's enough talented kids, so to hear us pursuing Wingard and getting Lloyd for next to nothing is a good thing. Hopefully there's an October surprise, in our favour this year, and another talented mature player gets added into the mix for best 22.

Then all that's left to do is rebuild the culture, get Wallis & McCrae on the leadership group, similarly something for Boyd to invest his confidence and bring out his presence and leadership traits. Then hope the same coaches have vastly new ideas in slightly different roles. I think we have an opportunity to slingshot back up next year with some good trading, but the thing I see us holding us back is the same fitness staff, doing the same thing and having more 'bad luck'. Everything above means less than nothing if the people's whose job it is is to keep players on the park seemingly don't have the results of that. Lloyd means nothing with a conservatively managed foot stress fracture and Wingard with a conservatively managed recurring hammy. That aside, there's room for a bit of optimism if we have a strong trade period, we won't win it as the trophy has been engraved already to Essendon, but if we get out of this trade period a fair bit stronger, plus West & Khamis and plus the natural development in a young list... Well even the pessimist in me sees a potentially sling shot up the ladder next season.

GVGjr
07-10-2018, 03:43 PM

Thanks DD for the outstanding contribution to discussions.

I thought I should focus on the whole Campbell and Roughead scenario.
It's clear Bevo doesn't rate the traditional ruckman type unless they are excellent at it and Roughead and Campbell fall short in that area. English looks like he has the mobility and skills to offer a point of difference so he is probably at the front of the queue in that area. Boyd is an OK ruckman and competes well when the ball is on the ground and that is probably a point of difference he offers and of course we have Trengove who is competitive and versatile. Schache can do a bit as well and covers the ground better than most. With all those pieces in place we are still one ruckman light on for what is a long season to keep everyone fit but it doesn't necessarily mean we have to keep either Roughead or Campbell but if we do search for a replacement lets look for a versatile type who can fill in when needed but perhaps play in another position as well.
If Roughead doesn't get an offer from another club then he might be worth offering a 12 month deal we ideally need someone to learn their craft at Footscray and be on standby in case the injury gods strike a couple of players down.
We got burned in 2017 with just Roughead, Campbell and Boyd and even had to use the likes of Bontempelli there along with Dinkley and Jong so I'd rather carry an extra ruck option than go through that again.

SquirrelGrip
07-10-2018, 04:22 PM
I agree that one of Roughead or Campbell is what we need for backup, but we do need an additional developing type also in the mix.

Is there a younger version of Roughead or Trengove out there to keep busy at Footscray? Play forward or back plus chop put in the ruck.

Testekill
07-10-2018, 08:56 PM
I'd chase Brisbane's second round pick for Adams. I doubt that they'd want to part with someone worthwhile but they're always having kids wanting to leave so there might be someone there who wants out.

Remi Moses
07-10-2018, 09:00 PM

Maribrynong High . We had Danny Corcoran and Chris Mitchell ( umpire) also

Dancin' Douggy
07-10-2018, 09:09 PM
...........and now Adams has officially requested a trade. Oh sweet Jeebus this is PERFECT!

bornadog
07-10-2018, 09:11 PM
Maribrynong High . We had Danny Corcoran and Chris Mitchell ( umpire) also

Argh ok, I was at a different school.

ledge
07-10-2018, 09:14 PM
...........and now Adams has officially requested a trade. Oh sweet Jeebus this is PERFECT!

I’m looking at it positive , we have had 3 players on our list who have given us zero the last two years, we have now got rid of all three and this one we have the chance of a good return.
To be honest any player who can get on the park is a bonus, he has two years to go we hold all the aces .

bornadog
07-10-2018, 09:26 PM

Link (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/marcus-adams-requests-trade-from-western-bulldogs-to-brisbane-lions/news-story/f5422734433a25ad2e4b42a4ebc73a2f)

WESTERN Bulldogs full back Marcus Adams has requested a trade to Brisbane.

The key defender attracted some interest from Collingwood but has officially nominated Brisbane as his preferred new home.
Adams is contracted to the kennel for two more seasons, meaning the Dogs will hold the upper hand in trade talks when the exchange period kicks off on Monday. (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/mick-mcguane-names-the-players-on-the-trade-table-at-every-victorian-club/news-story/11198cc1c89c26db8318ce7346b89885)

But the Dogs are unlikely to keep Adams at the club against his wishes as the 2016 premiers continue to refresh a list which has missed finals two years in a row.
With pick No.4 earmarked for Docker Lachie Neale (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/fremantle/lachie-neale-has-requested-a-trade-to-brisbane-and-is-determined-to-play-for-the-lions-next-season/news-story/cc1bca44ef5be7340afd68c48b5c35db), the Lions could use picks No.22 and No. 40 to help strike a deal with the Dogs for Adams.

He is the second key defender to leave the Dogs in three seasons after Joel Hamling also quit the club to join Fremantle in 2016.

Marcus Adams has requested a trade to Brisbane. Picture: Michael KleinAdams, 25, has endured a horror run with foot and ankle problems in his three seasons, playing only 27 games including six this year.

But the 192cm stopper, who was a revelation in the first half of his first season at the kennel, is determined to make a full recovery.

He will join a burgeoning Brisbane backline including star young defender Harris Andrews and Darcy Gardiner.
It is another huge boost for the Lions as they look to jump up into the eight next season, with potential new recruits Neale and Geelong’s Lincoln McCarthy.

(https://www.facebook.com/dialog/share?app_id=135469303148773&href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.heraldsun.com.au%2Fsport%2Fafl%2Fnews-story%2Ff5422734433a25ad2e4b42a4ebc73a2f&redirect_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.heraldsun.com.au%2Fsport%2Fafl %2Fnews-story%2Ff5422734433a25ad2e4b42a4ebc73a2f)

Dancin' Douggy
07-10-2018, 10:20 PM
Link (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/marcus-adams-requests-trade-from-western-bulldogs-to-brisbane-lions/news-story/f5422734433a25ad2e4b42a4ebc73a2f)

WESTERN Bulldogs full back Marcus Adams has requested a trade to Brisbane.

The key defender attracted some interest from Collingwood but has officially nominated Brisbane as his preferred new home.
Adams is contracted to the kennel for two more seasons, meaning the Dogs will hold the upper hand in trade talks when the exchange period kicks off on Monday. (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/mick-mcguane-names-the-players-on-the-trade-table-at-every-victorian-club/news-story/11198cc1c89c26db8318ce7346b89885)

But the Dogs are unlikely to keep Adams at the club against his wishes as the 2016 premiers continue to refresh a list which has missed finals two years in a row.
With pick No.4 earmarked for Docker Lachie Neale (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/fremantle/lachie-neale-has-requested-a-trade-to-brisbane-and-is-determined-to-play-for-the-lions-next-season/news-story/cc1bca44ef5be7340afd68c48b5c35db), the Lions could use picks No.22 and No. 40 to help strike a deal with the Dogs for Adams.

He is the second key defender to leave the Dogs in three seasons after Joel Hamling also quit the club to join Fremantle in 2016.

Marcus Adams has requested a trade to Brisbane. Picture: Michael KleinAdams, 25, has endured a horror run with foot and ankle problems in his three seasons, playing only 27 games including six this year.

But the 192cm stopper, who was a revelation in the first half of his first season at the kennel, is determined to make a full recovery.

He will join a burgeoning Brisbane backline including star young defender Harris Andrews and Darcy Gardiner.
It is another huge boost for the Lions as they look to jump up into the eight next season, with potential new recruits Neale and Geelong’s Lincoln McCarthy.

(https://www.facebook.com/dialog/share?app_id=135469303148773&href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.heraldsun.com.au%2Fsport%2Fafl%2Fnews-story%2Ff5422734433a25ad2e4b42a4ebc73a2f&redirect_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.heraldsun.com.au%2Fsport%2Fafl %2Fnews-story%2Ff5422734433a25ad2e4b42a4ebc73a2f)

peeeeeeerfect

Eastdog
07-10-2018, 10:24 PM
I’m looking at it positive , we have had 3 players on our list who have given us zero the last two years, we have now got rid of all three and this one we have the chance of a good return.
To be honest any player who can get on the park is a bonus, he has two years to go we hold all the aces .

Yeah I look at it as a positive as well.

You need to make the big decisions on players that probably won't lead us to our next premiership. Bringing in Trengove, Schache, Crozier and Gowers has worked out reasonably well. They started slowly but really came on in the latter part of the season. Particularly was worried with Crozier's at the start of the year but he improved a lot and look very from half back. Schache and Gowers look very good up forward and if Wingard comes in even better. Need to be attacking oriented which has really been our forteire even in our premiership year probably the best in 2015 Bevo's first year but strong in defence.

I'm hoping our fitness and conditioning staff can work in us having less injuries next season - won't be zero which would be great but less of them which has been very frustrating. It will go a long way in whether we can challenge for the finals again.

ledge
07-10-2018, 10:43 PM
Yeah I look at it as a positive as well.

You need to make the big decisions on players that probably won't lead us to our next premiership. Bringing in Trengove, Schache, Crozier and Gowers has worked out reasonably well. They started slowly but really came on in the latter part of the season. Particularly was worried with Crozier's at the start of the year but he improved a lot and look very from half back. Schache and Gowers look very good up forward and if Wingard comes in even better. Need to be attacking oriented which has really been our forteire even in our premiership year probably the best in 2015 Bevo's first year but strong in defence.

I'm hoping our fitness and conditioning staff can work in us having less injuries next season - won't be zero which would be great but less of them which has been very frustrating. It will go a long way in whether we can challenge for the finals again.

Well our injury list should improve by 3 at least, Liberatore is probably our only prone injury player left, maybe Suckling.

Eastdog
07-10-2018, 11:09 PM
Well our injury list should improve by 3 at least, Liberatore is probably our only prone injury player left, maybe Suckling.

Big season for Libba coming up. Was very good in our premiership year and earlier on in his career and went south the year after. Getting a strong output from Libba through the middle is very important. Injuries have frustrated in both 15 and 18. Had a positive 2018 season until the injury and hoping he gets through pre sesson again and the year unscathed.

1eyedog
08-10-2018, 10:42 AM
peeeeeeerfect

It's a good result we are clearly earmarking Naughton, Young, Cordy with Trengove to assist as our key backs for the foreseeable future. Adams is a powerful but unreliable kick and is the type of player that could be over-rated by another club. Hoping this is the case for us. Seems we are clearing out the less skillful players (Biggs, Smith, Dahlhaus, Adams) and bringing in some foot skills (Lloyd and hopefully Wingard) to correct our disposal efficiency around the ground. Wingard's skill up forward would be such a massive bonus for us I hope we get him. We clearly have the cap now.

bulldogtragic
08-10-2018, 10:49 AM
It's a good result we are clearly earmarking Naughton, Young, Cordy with Trengove to assist as our key backs for the foreseeable future. Adams is a powerful but unreliable kick and is the type of player that could be over-rated by another club. Hoping this is the case for us. Seems we are clearing out the less skillful players (Biggs, Smith, Dahlhaus, Adams) and bringing in some foot skills (Lloyd and hopefully Wingard) to correct our disposal efficiency around the ground. Wingard's skill up forward would be such a massive bonus for us I hope we get him. We clearly have the cap now.

Dahl, Adams, Roughy, Biggs, Redders, Smith, Campbell, Honeychurch & Collins. That's a huge bit of salary cap. If we are replacing say 4 or 5 with first year draftee wages plus the rookies and Lloyd who wouldn't cost much, that's not quite a salary cap war chest, but if we can add trade currency to it, Wingard might not be the only good player we could pursue.

Rocket Science
08-10-2018, 11:47 AM
Dahl, Adams, Roughy, Biggs, Redders, Smith, Campbell, Honeychurch & Collins. That's a huge bit of salary cap. If we are replacing say 4 or 5 with first year draftee wages plus the rookies and Lloyd who wouldn't cost much, that's not quite a salary cap war chest, but if we can add trade currency to it, Wingard might not be the only good player we could pursue.

That sounds awfully like a Josh Kelly sized hole waiting to be filled.

Even if not, I like that we've responded to the the past two years by not just turning over the soil but scorching the earth.

EasternWest
08-10-2018, 11:47 AM

I've told you already. We're getting May and Wingard.

Testekill
08-10-2018, 11:53 AM
Not getting pick 42 for Adams now; we need to either push for pick 22 or a player because 54 & 57 are not worth it because they have no real value especially after compo picks.

bornadog
08-10-2018, 12:09 PM

Do you think the Adams departure would have Roberts re-thinking about his opportunities?

Mantis
08-10-2018, 12:15 PM
Do you think the Adams departure would have Roberts re-thinking about his opportunities?

Adams only played 6 games this year through injury and Roberts still wasn't in the picture... He should be looking elsewhere.

Ozza
08-10-2018, 12:28 PM
Adams has played 27 of a possible 70 games over the past 3 years. He has only ever played in the VFL when coming back from injury - it is a bit perplexing what gripe he has with the club that makes him want to go to the farthest point in the country (in a football sense) from the city he is 'homesick' for.

The Bulldogs Bite
08-10-2018, 12:50 PM
Assuming we let Adams go, I want us to (ironically) trade or draft for a mature key defender.

Any cheapies that are gettable? I look at somebody like a Dunn from Collingwood and think that type would be a good fit for us as defensive cover.

Axe Man
08-10-2018, 01:13 PM
Assuming we let Adams go, I want us to (ironically) trade or draft for a mature key defender.

Any cheapies that are gettable? I look at somebody like a Dunn from Collingwood and think that type would be a good fit for us as defensive cover.

Jack Hombsch looks on the way out at Port, but seems Gold Coast is his likely destination.

Sam Collins from Werribee (ex Freo) had a great year in the VFL but could well be one of the Carlton/Gold Coast pre-selections.

Mofra
08-10-2018, 01:33 PM
Jack Hombsch looks on the way out at Port, but seems Gold Coast is his likely destination.
Ruined by injury. Was a very good player until his hips gave way

Mofra
08-10-2018, 01:34 PM
Ruined by injury. Was a very good player until his hips gave way

Sedat
08-10-2018, 01:50 PM
I'd rather we target a high quality AFL standard hybrid defender rather than a crap taller defender. Someone like a Tom Langdon or even Tyson Goldsack if either of these two get squeezed out at Collingwood due to salary cap pressure. If we lose Adams, we need cover down back with players who can actually cut it at the level.

The Adelaide Connection
08-10-2018, 01:55 PM

Are there any Tom Doedee style situations where a young gun with promise is wasting away in the twos because there is no spot for them?
I heard people in Adelaide continually talking about how much of a gun Doedee was the year before he got a run (when Lever left) and he would have been ripe for the picking (out of contract, Victorian, no games) before Lever announced he was off.

Well, there’s Lewis Young. But I mean other examples.

bornadog
08-10-2018, 02:00 PM
Sam Power on trade Radio

*Chad - haven't heard from him, we have made our intentions known we want him

* Adams - requested trade to Brisbane indicating he wants a fresh start. He is a required player and has a contract

*Roughead - Said he will explore his options under Free agency, haven't heard back from him at this stage

*Libba - should be signed soon, just nutting out a few things with his manager

*Lloyd - he indicated he wants to join us, now just a matter of working with Tigers.

Mofra
08-10-2018, 02:04 PM
I'd rather we target a high quality AFL standard hybrid defender rather than a crap taller defender. Someone like a Tom Langdon or even Tyson Goldsack if either of these two get squeezed out at Collingwood due to salary cap pressure. If we lose Adams, we need cover down back with players who can actually cut it at the level.
We can go for someone a little older as we have Khamis as a free kick at the draft.
Andy Otten is slow but damn he's effective. Kept Ben Brown goalless late in the year.

The Adelaide Connection
08-10-2018, 02:09 PM
We can go for someone a little older as we have Khamis as a free kick at the draft.
Andy Otten is slow but damn he's effective. Kept Ben Brown goalless late in the year.

Was almost best on against us here in the wet. My Adelaide supporting mate was saying before the game that it irritated the hell out of him that they weren’t playing him. Dependable +.

GVGjr
08-10-2018, 02:51 PM
Sam Power on trade Radio

*Chad - haven't heard from him, we have made our intentions known we want him

* Adams - requested trade to Brisbane indicating he wants a fresh start. He is a required player and has a contract

*Roughead - Said he will explore his options under Free agency, haven't heard back from him at this stage

*Libba - should be signed soon, just nutting out a few things with his manager

*Lloyd - he indicated he wants to join us, now just a matter of working with Tigers.

He's nailed the right responses. Impressive start

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
08-10-2018, 02:55 PM
He's nailed the right responses. Impressive start

I hope the 1st response isnt true, re: Wingard. I'd hope we had more than just a hopeful hunch he was keen before going public.

Happy Days
08-10-2018, 03:09 PM
Pleasantly surprised at the comments on Adams

ratsmac
08-10-2018, 03:14 PM
I hope the 1st response isnt true, re: Wingard. I'd hope we had more than just a hopeful hunch he was keen before going public.

I know right. I'd hope we have been in Adelaide having a chat at a cafe at least. If that's all we have done I'd say he'll be wearing poo's and wee's colours next year.

bulldogtragic
08-10-2018, 03:17 PM

I posted this in The Chad Thread. I think there's more we are not saying, but Port seem to know about it and just told everyone:

Davies on Wingard: We only need to know if Chad doesn't want to be with us next year. I understand the Bulldogs have expressed the greater interest though (trade radio)

bornadog
08-10-2018, 03:24 PM
Pleasantly surprised at the comments on Adams

That is just playing hard ball. David Noble, when interviewed said he was confident in getting a deal done.

GVGjr
08-10-2018, 03:34 PM

I don't mind it, I think it's an indication we are very much in the mix and we should know soon.

He really can't say 'I suspect he will be coming to us' if Chad hasn't declared his hand with Port.

Mofra
08-10-2018, 03:36 PM
That is just playing hard ball. David Noble, when interviewed said he was confident in getting a deal done.
Interesting that one Lions fan mentioned Allison has a Vic gf so could consider a move even though he was an academy prospect.

TBH I 'd rather a player with a year or two in the system than a pick unless we trade it up to snare a player. We have a lot of kids, need some more mature talent.

mjp
08-10-2018, 03:53 PM
TBH I 'd rather a player with a year or two in the system than a pick unless we trade it up to snare a player. We have a lot of kids, need some more mature talent.

Well...I'm plugging my other thread here but if you read Footballistics, the worst trades in footy history tend to involve the swapping of a fringe player for a draft pick. AKA if there is a player who either isn't getting a game at one club (or is in and out) then the same thing will happen at his new club...but the 'unknown player to be named later' (the draft pick), well, he just might be really, really good!

...so let's not be doing any of that!!! :-)

MrMahatma
08-10-2018, 04:03 PM
Well...I'm plugging my other thread here but if you read Footballistics, the worst trades in footy history tend to involve the swapping of a fringe player for a draft pick. AKA if there is a player who either isn't getting a game at one club (or is in and out) then the same thing will happen at his new club...but the 'unknown player to be named later' (the draft pick), well, he just might be really, really good!

I’ve never heard that, but it makes all the sense in the world.

bornadog
08-10-2018, 04:07 PM
Dogs’ Trade eyes wide open (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-10-08/dogs-trade-eyes-wide-open)

The Western Bulldogs’ General Manager of List and Recruiting Sam Power says the Club is maintaining an open-minded view as it enters the official NAB Trade Period.

The Bulldogs spent the day at Marvel Stadium with the other 17 clubs for day one of the Trade Period, which concludes on Wednesday, October 17.

“The first day is slightly different from what it used to be,” Power told westernbulldogs.com.au.

“Players used to have to meet with every club for 10 or 15 minutes, but a lot of those meetings now happen before the Trade Period actually starts these days.

“We’re obviously always looking to improve our list. We’re open to bringing players into the club, and we also want to maintain a strong draft position.”

Power addressed speculation around key defender Marcus Adams’ future, after the 25-year-old indicated his preferred new home was the Brisbane Lions.

“Over the weekend Marcus indicated that he would like to go to Brisbane,” he said.
“He’s still contracted for another two years, and he’s a player that we want to retain.

“At the moment, there’s no more detail to give on that one. We’re hoping he’ll be a Bulldog in 2019.”
Power also reaffirmed the Club’s interest in contracted Port Adelaide forward Chad Wingard, as well as Richmond’s Sam Lloyd.

“I mentioned last week that we’ve definitely got interest in Chad and we’ve signalled that to his management,” he said.
“Sam’s indicated through his management that he’d like to come to the Bulldogs, which is fantastic for us.

“It’s now a matter of sitting down with Richmond over the next 10 days and working through what a trade might look like.”

Mofra
08-10-2018, 05:11 PM

Historically perhaps, but there are unique circumstances in every scenario. As the 18th side in terms of age profile we're already an outlier to the mean and we're not going to be trading a pick for a player, more fringe player (albeit due injury) to someone who may be able to plug a whole in the barren wasteland that is our forward half.

If we get the Chad the need becomes far, far less urgent.

Bulldog Joe
08-10-2018, 06:16 PM

This is something I hope our list management are on top of.

OK if we swap a pick for a mature age player, but that player needs to be better than fringe.
It concerns me that we have committed to Lloyd. We cannot be giving away a pick.

The Shane Biggs trade was sense as we merely swapped 2 spots in the draft. Want Lloyd to cost nothing more than that.

divvydan
08-10-2018, 06:40 PM
Well, Richmond have let Miles and Ellis go for an upgraded future 3rd round pick, so there's no reason for Lloyd to cost more than an upgraded pick or a late pick.

Testekill
08-10-2018, 06:52 PM
Well, Richmond have let Miles and Ellis go for an upgraded future 3rd round pick, so there's no reason for Lloyd to cost more than an upgraded pick or a late pick.

To be fair there was probably something in the contract written in invisible ink that said and you won't match the Lynch bid.

mjp
08-10-2018, 06:57 PM
...and we're not going to be trading a pick for a player, more fringe player (albeit due injury) to someone who may be able to plug a whole in the barren wasteland that is our forward half.

Well, if we aren't going to be trading a pick for a player, that's fine. But the idea of trading a pick for someone who is battling to get a senior game at another club (albeit one of the top sides) and is fast closing on 30years of age...that idea is not one I like too much.

As for the barren wasteland that is our forward half, we have Josh Schache, The Fergus, Gowers...it isn't a barren wasteland. These guys need time to play together. Do we need a DANGEROUS small forward who will apply pressure? Sure we do. So draft Bobby Hill who seems to be falling down everyone's boards...giving up picks for Wingard? Sure. He's elite. For Lloyd? What for?????

Happy Days
08-10-2018, 07:55 PM

Exactly - thought we'd get sucked into the equity black hole again.

azabob
08-10-2018, 10:10 PM

Odd comment from you BAD considering your normal stance in defending the club and their public comments.

bornadog
08-10-2018, 10:24 PM
Odd comment from you BAD considering your normal stance in defending the club and their public comments.

Argh you read wrong Aza - I love the way Power was playing hardball. I was just mentioning what Noble said.

PS: You actually have it wrong about me and my stance in defending the club. I like to hear two sides of the story, and generally we only hear one, so I give the club the benefit of the doubt. ;)

GVGjr
08-10-2018, 10:27 PM

I think BAD's assessment is spot on. Power made it clear we regard Adams as a required player and he has a (good) 2 year deal in front of him. The onus is now on Brisbane to satisfy us as we will have to do with Wingard if he chooses us.

Power mentioning Adams wants a fresh start is an interesting position, from my perspective he just needs a good run at being injury free.

Bulldog Revolution
08-10-2018, 10:50 PM
The age reporting we are potentially interested in Taylor Duryea

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/dogs-circle-premiership-hawk-20181008-p508h4.html

bornadog
09-10-2018, 12:02 AM

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/dogs-circle-premiership-hawk-20181008-p508h4.html

No thank you

jeemak
09-10-2018, 12:03 AM

Jesus Christ. I'm going to be plenty sorry for giving my Hawks mate a tonne of shite over how ordinary he is and how much of a douche canoe he looked picking a fight at half time during the semi final in 2016.

Prince Imperial
09-10-2018, 12:11 AM

Surely with Johannisen, Daniel, Crozier, Suckling, Wood, Williams, Richards, and Lynch we have enough small to mid defender options already?

1eyedog
09-10-2018, 12:13 AM
He's quick I wonder if Bevos aim is to free him up.

The Bulldogs Bite
09-10-2018, 12:54 AM
I actually don’t mind Duryea, has some attributes to work with but I’m just not sure we have any real need for him.

MrMahatma
09-10-2018, 02:38 AM

Nah...

The Adelaide Connection
09-10-2018, 03:52 AM
I think BAD's assessment is spot on. Power made it clear we regard Adams as a required player and he has a (good) 2 year deal in front of him. The onus is now on Brisbane to satisfy us as we will have to do with Wingard if he chooses us.

Power mentioning Adams wants a fresh start is an interesting position, from my perspective he just needs a good run at being injury free.

I am starting to think this is all about Etihad’s playing surface. It would make sense given he can’t get a decent run of it and the thinking might be go to Brisbane (where you might have to play 4 games on Etihad all year) versus stay (and have to play 15 on Etihad).

If this is the case and he leaves (which I think most agree is a fait accompli) I hope he comes out and overtly states it. I hear players from the Adelaide clubs constantly referencing that they always pull up sorer from Etihad and as much as the AFL have hosed down any talk of issues I think it is still a real concern and one that probably contributes to our historically high attrition rate.

Remi Moses
09-10-2018, 06:44 AM
Might be a hard surface and all but not many careers ruined by it .
I’m with others in we should be playing hardball with Brisbane . If Marcus is so injury prone why are they giving him more years ?

Bulldog Joe
09-10-2018, 07:45 AM
I am starting to think this is all about Etihad’s playing surface. It would make sense given he can’t get a decent run of it and the thinking might be go to Brisbane (where you might have to play 4 games on Etihad all year) versus stay (and have to play 15 on Etihad).

If this is the case and he leaves (which I think most agree is a fait accompli) I hope he comes out and overtly states it. I hear players from the Adelaide clubs constantly referencing that they always pull up sorer from Etihad and as much as the AFL have hosed down any talk of issues I think it is still a real concern and one that probably contributes to our historically high attrition rate.

The problem with that argument is that the serious foot injuries that occurred in 2016 and 2017 were both suffered in games against Sydney at the SCG.

azabob
09-10-2018, 08:02 AM
Argh you read wrong Aza - I love the way Power was playing hardball. I was just mentioning what Noble said.

PS: You actually have it wrong about me and my stance in defending the club. I like to hear two sides of the story, and generally we only hear one, so I give the club the benefit of the doubt. ;)

I did misinterpret big time!

Powers laungague was very deliberate and very strong - almost lawyer like!

Ozza
09-10-2018, 09:59 AM
Reports of our interest in Taylor Duryea is a trade week worst nightmare for me. A player I have never rated whatsoever and always disliked. I'm barracking for Sydney on this one !

The Adelaide Connection
09-10-2018, 11:12 AM
The problem with that argument is that the serious foot injuries that occurred in 2016 and 2017 were both suffered in games against Sydney at the SCG.

That might be the case, but if you are Adams and you keep getting struck down by foot and ankle issues do you start to look at all the factors that contribute to it? There is no secret that the Etihad surface is harder and takes it out of players, if I am Adams I am thinking getting myself off of it might just be the change needed to help end the horror run and prolong the career.

Hot_Doggies
09-10-2018, 02:12 PM
I can see some merit in Taylor Duryea.

We don’t have a small lock down defender. One that can sit on Eddie Betts, Fantasia etc.

-Lynch is not a natural defender
-Jj more important for us attacking from HBF
-Don’t see Suckling playing that role
-Williams is midfield bound

bulldogtragic
09-10-2018, 04:20 PM
Paul Connors says he's very confident that Lloyd will be at the dogs next year.

Axe Man
09-10-2018, 07:14 PM
Western Bulldogs ready to hold Marcus Adams to contract despite Brisbane Lions trade request (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/western-bulldogs-ready-to-hold-marcus-adams-to-contract-despite-brisbane-lions-trade-request/news-story/3b38cc76f206a7be1b2518452ad4ca18)

BRISBANE is still optimistic it can secure Western Bulldogs defender Marcus Adams in a trade, despite the clubs not talking at Marvel Stadium.

Adams, 25, is contracted at Whitten Oval for another two years but has requested a move north. He would bolster the Lions’ backline playing alongside full-back Harris Andrews.

Brisbane is set to declare pick 22 off the table for Adams, given his injury history.

“We started some preliminary discussions with the Doggies (on Sunday),” Lions football boss David Noble said.

“We didn’t catch up with them today … but at least we’ve got 10 days to work our way through that.

“I’m not sure if they’re playing hard ball but certainly we’d like to have discussions with them.”

The Dogs have made it known they will not allow Adams an easy passage to the Lions.

“Marcus signalled that intention over the weekend, that he would like a fresh start at Brisbane,” Dogs list chief Sam Power said.

“From our end, Marcus has got two more years on a contract, so he’s a required player at the Western Bulldogs. We’ll hold him to the contract. He’s a required player.”

Adams has managed 27 games in three years because of injuries and pondered a move home to Perth in 2016.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
09-10-2018, 07:20 PM
Western Bulldogs ready to hold Marcus Adams to contract despite Brisbane Lions trade request (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/western-bulldogs-ready-to-hold-marcus-adams-to-contract-despite-brisbane-lions-trade-request/news-story/3b38cc76f206a7be1b2518452ad4ca18)

BRISBANE is still optimistic it can secure Western Bulldogs defender Marcus Adams in a trade, despite the clubs not talking at Marvel Stadium.

Adams, 25, is contracted at Whitten Oval for another two years but has requested a move north. He would bolster the Lions’ backline playing alongside full-back Harris Andrews.

Brisbane is set to declare pick 22 off the table for Adams, given his injury history.

“We started some preliminary discussions with the Doggies (on Sunday),” Lions football boss David Noble said.

“We didn’t catch up with them today … but at least we’ve got 10 days to work our way through that.

“I’m not sure if they’re playing hard ball but certainly we’d like to have discussions with them.”

The Dogs have made it known they will not allow Adams an easy passage to the Lions.

“Marcus signalled that intention over the weekend, that he would like a fresh start at Brisbane,” Dogs list chief Sam Power said.

“From our end, Marcus has got two more years on a contract, so he’s a required player at the Western Bulldogs. We’ll hold him to the contract. He’s a required player.”

Adams has managed 27 games in three years because of injuries and pondered a move home to Perth in 2016.

Well, well, Brisbane saying pick 22 off the table due to their misgivings about Adams' injury history is ridiculous given they're offering him a 3 year deal. On the one hand he's too risky to offer an early 2nd round, but they still have a healthy risk appetite to hold him for 3 years?
Given they've got bugger all in valuable draft points for this year, I say jog on Brisbane, and see you at training Marcus

Remi Moses
09-10-2018, 07:24 PM
Hmmm , so they’re willing to give him a better contract ,and they claim he’s injury prone
:rolleyes:

bulldogtragic
09-10-2018, 07:24 PM
Fine, their 2019 first for our 2019 second.

Or pick 22.

Or let the adults talk to each other in peace.

Testekill
09-10-2018, 09:30 PM
Well, well, Brisbane saying pick 22 off the table due to their misgivings about Adams' injury history is ridiculous given they're offering him a 3 year deal. On the one hand he's too risky to offer an early 2nd round, but they still have a healthy risk appetite to hold him for 3 years?
Given they've got bugger all in valuable draft points for this year, I say jog on Brisbane, and see you at training Marcus

All reports is that Brisbane have offered him four years.

FrediKanoute
09-10-2018, 11:12 PM
This is where the silly season becomes the silly season. How a team can on one hand offer a 3 or 4 year deal to a contracted player an then suggest they have concerns about his long term viability is non-sensical. At the end of the day all it does is unsettle the player.

That said, I don't think Adams is worth pick 22. If he can get his body right he is worth pick 22, but that's a big if and on current form he is worth pick 30 at best, but no worse than pick 40. The problem is that Brisbane have nothing else that they can offer in that range.

Its all very well Adams coming out and stating he wants to play for Brisbane, but if they have nothing to offer its just wishful thinking.

westbulldog
10-10-2018, 02:08 PM
Given our significant commitment to him his desire to move smacks of disloyalty imo. One minute it is Perth next it is Brisbane. Hold him to his contract.

The Pedge
10-10-2018, 02:37 PM
Brisbane now with picks 32, 41, 44 after a pick swap with the Suns. Does 32 get them Adams?

EasternWest
10-10-2018, 03:07 PM
Brisbane now with picks 32, 41, 44 after a pick swap with the Suns. Does 32 get them Adams?

I'd give them Adams just to get rid of him and be done with this farce.

Dancin' Douggy
10-10-2018, 04:34 PM
32 for Adams is pretty good I reckon. I'd take it.

Happy Days
10-10-2018, 05:02 PM
Now that North have called off their chase for Finlayson, I'd love us to enquire.

I'd do a 3-way trade for Adams with Brisbane and GWS if it got us Finlayson. He's such a superb kick that he's one of those players you can't help but find a use for, and will be a perfect eventual Suckling replacement.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
10-10-2018, 05:05 PM
32 for Adams is pretty good I reckon. I'd take it.

Really? It will actually end up closer to 40 once compensation picks are applied. To me thats not enough to contemplate moving someone on who has two years remaining.
No, If Brisbane really believe in him to the extent of offering him a 3 or 4 year deal, then they need to be realistic.
A pick around 40 is neither attractive from a points perspective or from a draft pick success probability.

Dancin' Douggy
10-10-2018, 05:09 PM
yeah good point. I keep forgetting how far these picks slide.
But I'm happy for Adams to be moved on, maybe a trade for a player, or a 3 way trade as Happy Days is suggesting.

EasternWest
10-10-2018, 05:11 PM
and will be a perfect eventual Suckling replacement.

Why you do this to me?

Jeanette54
10-10-2018, 05:12 PM
Every year I say it, and one year I will stop reading these trade threads. Its just to damn depressing. All this top talent, going to the trendy destination clubs, or AFL "subsidised" favourites.

Free agency is not conducive to equalisation, when clubs like GWS, are given easy access to talented kids, who they can develop and in turn trade for top draft picks. thus ensuring a steady supply of premium DFA's; and so the circle goes.

wimberga
10-10-2018, 05:14 PM
AFL Trade twitter account (unverified) saying we have interest in Jacob Townsend.

Bulldog Revolution
10-10-2018, 05:16 PM
Really? It will actually end up closer to 40 once compensation picks are applied. To me thats not enough to contemplate moving someone on who has two years remaining.
No, If Brisbane really believe in him to the extent of offering him a 3 or 4 year deal, then they need to be realistic.
A pick around 40 is neither attractive from a points perspective or from a draft pick success probability.

Im inclined to agree - they either want him and will trade what it takes to get a guy who has 2 years remaining or they wont

The Bulldogs Bite
10-10-2018, 05:23 PM
AFL Trade twitter account (unverified) saying we have interest in Jacob Townsend.

Have mentioned a few times that we should be into him.

With the severe doubts on Picken and Dickson's durability, Townsend makes sense. The two former would be unlikely to play beyond next year too.

bulldogtragic
10-10-2018, 05:23 PM
Two picks in the 40's is worth around pick 25. Being we won't be using the picks, only their attached points, the value to us is therefore pick 25. Pick 25 is better compo than Dahlhaus, so that's not a bad return. It also allows us to trade that compo pick 27 on another decent ready made player. I see opportunities here to better our draft points stack to secure West & Khamis with room to spare, take Dawson if we wanted as an NGA, and use the 60's picks on trades like Lloyd (again please no Duryea) or on Hayes if GCS list him for trading. Lots of opportunities for us, and a guy who every year says he doesn't want to play for our club finally gets his wish. Another good thing for us.

bulldogtragic
10-10-2018, 05:26 PM

Ranked 15 for tackles inside 50, and 7 for goal assists across the competition this year. (Averages) 28.9 in 15 games the past 2 seasons.

I'm down with that. They can throw Lloyd in for free since he's coming anyway.

Axe Man
10-10-2018, 05:36 PM

It is currently pick 32 already taking into account Lynch, Lycett and Dahlhaus compo. I don't think there are any further free agents that will attract compo before that pick are there?

bulldogtragic
10-10-2018, 05:41 PM
It is currently pick 32 already taking into account Lynch, Lycett and Dahlhaus compo. I don't think there are any further free agents that will attract compo before that pick are there?

Not unless Roughy is offered $900,000 a year for 5 years at St Kilda...

Hotdog60
10-10-2018, 05:46 PM
Not unless Roughy is offered $900,000 a year for 5 years at St Kilda...

If I was him I would take that.;)

Mofra
10-10-2018, 05:49 PM
Probably just reading one of my posts from BF. Surprised we haven't been linked by a reliable source as yet

FrediKanoute
10-10-2018, 05:54 PM
Pick 32 is fair for Adams based on output, but not reflective of the deal that Brissy have offered.

The Adelaide Connection
10-10-2018, 05:57 PM
Townsend, Finlayson, Long, Stengle (who I would say would struggle to get to Adelaide now that they have taken McAdam) would surely be players we would covet. All apparently gettable.

Hopefully it isn’t the waiting around for Wingard/Adams (and to a lesser degree Roughead) deals that robs us of any opportunities to seriously look at these.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
10-10-2018, 06:19 PM

How many father son & academy bids are likely to come before pick 32?

Axe Man
10-10-2018, 06:38 PM
How many father son & academy bids are likely to come before pick 32?

There will be quite a few, they don't have quite the same effect as a compo pick though, all depends on what picks clubs have to use to match. But yes picks will surely be shuffled back.

I doubt Brisbane even offer 32, they are probably only offering one of those picks in the 40s. The non big name players are being traded for peanuts across the league. I would hold him if possible as I doubt we get anything of value for him.

Sedat
10-10-2018, 07:05 PM
Townsend, Finlayson, Long, Stengle (who I would say would struggle to get to Adelaide now that they have taken McAdam) would surely be players we would covet. All apparently gettable.

Hopefully it isn’t the waiting around for Wingard/Adams (and to a lesser degree Roughead) deals that robs us of any opportunities to seriously look at these.
I like our targeted approach of a small number of players we identified as filling a list needt, combined with continuing to invest in quality youth through the draft.

Sedat
10-10-2018, 07:06 PM

I like our targeted approach of a small number of players we identified as filling a list need, combined with continuing to invest in quality youth through the draft. Port last year and Norf this year have gone the foreign legion approach (with diminishing results in Port's case).

Twodogs
10-10-2018, 07:28 PM
Why you do this to me?

Because you deserve it. I'm suprised we have to explain!

The Bulldogs Bite
10-10-2018, 09:25 PM
I like our targeted approach of a small number of players we identified as filling a list need, combined with continuing to invest in quality youth through the draft. Port last year and Norf this year have gone the foreign legion approach (with diminishing results in Port's case).

Don’t forget Geelong - they love the abandoning of reality by topping up an ordinary list.

Sedat
10-10-2018, 09:39 PM
Don’t forget Geelong - they love the abandoning of reality by topping up an ordinary list.
Yep. Also the Hawks in recent years - they have paid scant attention to the draft since their 2015 flag and they haven't won a final since.

bulldogtragic
10-10-2018, 10:27 PM
AFEL.com.au

West Coast signing Tom Hickey has thrown a spanner in the works for Western Bulldogs ruckman Jordan Roughead ahead of Friday's free agency closure.

Having toured the Eagles' facilities and met with senior staff including coach Adam Simpson, Roughead had been touted as a replacement for premiership ruckman Scott Lycett.

However, AFL.com.au understands with Hickey landing at the Eagles on a three-year deal, the 2016 premiership ruckman remains without a commitment from the Eagles for next season.

The 27-year-old played 12 games this season, including time in the VFL, and had been exploring his free agency options with the Bulldogs' blessing.

Despite Hickey's departure, it is believed the Saints have minimal interest in Roughead and are preparing to re-sign out-of-contract big men Billy Longer and Lewis Pierce.

Should Greater Western Sydney agree to a deal, as expected, for Rory Lobb to Fremantle, it would leave the Giants with a hole in their ruck division, and Roughead holds a relationship with Giants list boss Jason McCartney from their time together at the Bulldogs.

However, the Giants look set to address that need by bringing Shane Mumford out of retirement.

If Roughead is unable to find a new home before the trade deadline, it's understood the Bulldogs remain open offering him to a new deal.

Dancin' Douggy
10-10-2018, 10:36 PM
I am more than happy to keep Roughy. Solid citizen and had 2017 totally wrecked by injury. a pretty unimpressive 2018 for sure, but gee he was an important player in 2016 when it mattered. His wheeling goal on the run against the eagles in that final was just glorious. I was thinking at the time, " how many 200cm ruckmen in the league could do that?" NONE.

I'd rather keep him than let him go for peanuts. He could still have a lot to offer.
He's played in a flag. and was pretty important.

I don't know.....I just like him is all