PDA

View Full Version : In a perfect world

Dry Rot
21-01-2008, 06:04 PM
In a perfect world, we'd have a surplus of A grade players so quite a few players could be played in a position other than where they do, due to team constraints. eg IIRC Johnno was a pretty good midfielder, but recently has had to play FF because we had no-one else. Gilbee could be a good midfielder, but is needed down back.

Any other players you'd to see "played out of position" if we could?

GVGjr
21-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Lake as a pinch-hitting forward
Hargrave as a winger
Gilbee as a winger
Ray as a defender
Johnson spending more time in the midfield even given his almost veteran age.

LostDoggy
21-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Agree with GVG's and can add Murphy. We play him as a lead up CHF. He is probably best suited to a back flank.

Dry Rot
21-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Morris as a tagger.

IIRC that Aker fellow wasn't a bad midfielder at the Lions.

Like Murph in the backline.

GVGjr
21-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Morris as a tagger.

IIRC that Aker fellow wasn't a bad midfielder at the Lions.

Like Murph in the backline.

Murphy is one that I overlooked but Morris as a tagger doesn't inspire me at the moment. The times i have seen him in the middle he didn't look like he could stop his opponent and looked less likely to actually gather a couple of possessions himself.

MrMahatma
22-01-2008, 07:53 AM
Murphy is one that I overlooked but Morris as a tagger doesn't inspire me at the moment. The times i have seen him in the middle he didn't look like he could stop his opponent and looked less likely to actually gather a couple of possessions himself.
Morris played his first few games as a tagger and chopped up guys like Cousins and McLeod.

GVGjr
22-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Morris played his first few games as a tagger and chopped up guys like Cousins and McLeod.

In his first game he manned up on either McLeod or the Roo when they moved forward. He wasn't used in the middle at all. Despite his pace, IMO we don't need another midfielder who isn't a great kick. He is a terrific defender but I have my doubts that he can become anything more that an average midfielder.

Go_Dogs
22-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Hahn in the midfield.

DOG GOD
22-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Agree with GVG's and can add Murphy. We play him as a lead up CHF. He is probably best suited to a back flank.

Agree Borgy, Murph was a star at half back. He is the obvious one for me.

SquirrelGrip
23-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Harbrow occasionally in the midfield could (with extra muscle) maybe improve our centre breaks.