PDA

View Full Version : MRO Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Doc26
29-08-2021, 07:28 PM
Surely this is looked at

https://twitter.com/AFL/status/1431877389525475330

The play after this one where a frustrated Merrett lines up an unsuspecting Young with a charging blow to his head, leaving Lewis dazed is more concerning. Lewis didn’t even get a free for it which is staggering given the Merrett intention.

bulldogsthru&thru
29-08-2021, 07:29 PM
It is astounding isn’t it. I heard boofhead Brereton today on Fox somehow interpret from the footage that Matt Stevic was apologising to Greene for being in his way. Really !!

How has this great divide come about between the media’s ( positive ) spin on Greene against that of the wider fan base sentiment? They talk as if they are speaking for us, somehow believing that WE want to see this grub do his thing or WE believe that he’s being vilified.

The AFL media spin on Greene is FAKE NEWS.

When my kids are so often confused by what they’re hearing from this Mötley Crüe of so called experts, requiring their parents to step in to provide parental guidance, you know something is terribly wrong.

Hoepfully these Fox and 7 neanderthals go the same way as the Footy Show, cave men and dodo birds.

Well said.

bulldogsthru&thru
29-08-2021, 07:31 PM
Surely this is looked at

https://twitter.com/AFL/status/1431877389525475330

Devon Smith is the biggest scum bag. Soft as hell. Delivers cheap blows. Sook. He’s a perfect match for that filthy jumper.

Ghost Dog
29-08-2021, 07:39 PM
How are there people sticking up for him? He should get weeks. You can’t allow that disrespect.

Makes me boil, people like Scott Pendlebury coming out saying he is the best player in the comp.
what does best mean? acting like a twerp?
Spitting on players (tigers ) , pulling hair (Bont ), stops out kung-fu kicks (Swans, Luke D, others ).

Has to go. It's hard enough to get umpires as it is.

SonofScray
29-08-2021, 07:53 PM
Essendon were so brave. I feel for their long suffering fans, sticking their heads out takes courage for those embattled clubs. It’s the hope that kills ya. But Finals are Orr the big boys, so it’s for the best that those Clubs who are a real chance get through.

jazzadogs
29-08-2021, 08:40 PM
Devon Smith is the biggest scum bag. Soft as hell. Delivers cheap blows. Sook. He’s a perfect match for that filthy jumper.

Smith, Stringer and Merrett all have incidents that should be reviewed.

I think it will be a fine for Smith, fine for Stringer and a week for Merrett.

Grantysghost
29-08-2021, 08:45 PM
Smith, Stringer and Merrett all have incidents that should be reviewed.

I think it will be a fine for Smith, fine for Stringer and a week for Merrett.

I think Jake might get a holiday there’s an angle that shows a clear punch in the face of Young.

Ghost Dog
29-08-2021, 08:49 PM
I think Jake might get a holiday there’s an angle that shows a clear punch in the face of Young.

If the head is sacrosanct, then should be weeks and fines. Send a clear message. Jumper punches, punches nonetheless.

bulldogsthru&thru
29-08-2021, 08:52 PM

You have two guys punching and shoving one guys face into the ground, yet Essendon got the free for a soft bump. And they’re complaining about umpiring.

Ghost Dog
29-08-2021, 08:54 PM
You have two guys punching and shoving one guys face into the ground, yet Essendon got the free for a soft bump. And they’re complaining about umpiring.

If Young held his face and lay there like a soccer player, rolling around in agony, I'm sure they would.

westdog54
29-08-2021, 10:42 PM
Makes me boil, people like Scott Pendlebury coming out saying he is the best player in the comp.
what does best mean? acting like a twerp?
Spitting on players (tigers ) , pulling hair (Bont ), stops out kung-fu kicks (Swans, Luke D, others ).

Has to go. It's hard enough to get umpires as it is.

Had the hide to tweet about the #tobytax. I’ve actually got a lot of respect for Pendlebury but he’s missed the mark badly on this one.

jazzadogs
29-08-2021, 10:56 PM
It's interesting. I think if it was Pendlebury that did it there would be no debate - it's a clear suspension.

The idea of a Toby Tax is flawed as he actually gets looked after - but does a lot of dumb sh!t which warrants penalties.

jazzadogs
30-08-2021, 09:38 AM
My Essendon mate reckons sniper Lewis Young gets a week for his cheap punch to the guts of Merrett. Thoughts woofers?

bulldogsthru&thru
30-08-2021, 09:41 AM
My Essendon mate reckons sniper Lewis Young gets a week for his cheap punch to the guts of Merrett. Thoughts woofers?

My thoughts are your mates a di*khead!

Seriously though, it simply proves their disillusionment. Young’s "hit" (and honestly I’ll have to watch it again) was nothing compared to what the grubs Smith and Stringer did. What does your mate think about what they did?

Edit: Ok I watched it again, albeit with only a single slow motion shot, but what Young did to Merrett barely deserved a reversal free kick. Merrett played for it which is conveniently being overlooked by Essendon fans (Channel 7, Fox, Herald Sun, every d*ckhead who’s ever lived etc).

jazzadogs
30-08-2021, 09:43 AM
My thoughts are your mates a di*khead!

Seriously though, it simply proves their disillusionment. Young’s "hit" (and honestly I’ll have to watch it again) was nothing compared to what the grubs Smith and Stringer did. What does your mate think about what they did?

I also told him he's a di*khead, and that if he has a problem with Weightman accentuating contact to draw free kicks then you can't be fine with Merrett jumping in the air like he's been shot.

Stringer and Smith fines at most hahahahhaa

Happy Days
30-08-2021, 10:12 AM
Merrett should get looked at for cleaning up Young over the ball 30 seconds later, which I’m sure was just a total coincidence.

Will Jake Jakey Boy The Package Jakey Stringer go for actually punching Young in the head?

jazzadogs
30-08-2021, 10:14 AM
Merrett should get looked at for cleaning up Young over the ball 30 seconds later, which I’m sure was just a total coincidence.

Sling tackle on Libba could also be a fine based on the precedent from this year

bornadog
30-08-2021, 10:15 AM
There use to be a rule during finals, the punishments were doubled, or was that just the GF ?

bulldogtragic
30-08-2021, 10:16 AM
There use to be a rule during finals, the punishments were doubled, or was that just the GF ?

Pretty certain it’s just the GF.

soupman
30-08-2021, 10:22 AM
The idea of a Toby Tax is flawed as he actually gets looked after - but does a lot of dumb sh!t which warrants penalties.

Cannot believe this continues to be the narrative.

The guy has done more dirty acts on field than the rest of the league combined in the last decade and barely misses weeks for anything. I guess it is a tax in that it hits him financially a lot, but a lot of the times he is fined it should be a suspension.

Happy Days
30-08-2021, 10:38 AM
There's no Toby Tax. There's a Toby Paradox brought on by the insistance that the Toby Tax exists, meaning that he can never actually be suspended for anything because he allegedly can't be judged fairly.

The man has been not suspended for fly kicking someone in the head and eye gouging. And if anyone honestly believes that he wasn't trying to intimidate that umpire then they're an even bigger chud than Greene is.

SonofScray
30-08-2021, 12:54 PM
"if his name wasn't Toby Greene....."

His name is Toby Greene.

And Toby Greene is a dirty, stupid prick who keeps doing stuff that warrants a report and suspension.

I am sick of the efforts to try turn him into some sort of culture wars folk hero.

bulldogtragic
30-08-2021, 01:05 PM

His name is Toby Greene.

And Toby Greene is a dirty, stupid prick who keeps doing stuff that warrants a report and suspension.

I am sick of the efforts to try turn him into some sort of culture wars folk hero.

I understand. In Project Mayhem he has no name. On report, a member of Project Mayhem has a name. His name is Toby Greene. His name is Toby Greene. His name is Toby Greene. His name is Toby Greene.

Rocco Jones
30-08-2021, 01:54 PM

His name is Toby Greene.

I get people who love watching him play footy, respect the good parts etc.

However, there is an element where he is a relatable hero to angry men/jerks.

hujsh
30-08-2021, 02:02 PM
I get people who love watching him play footy, respect the good parts etc.

However, there is an element where he is a relatable hero to angry men/jerks.

The kind of people that watch Breaking Bad and complain about Skyer being a bitch because she doesn't support her husbands change of career into drug dealing.

Grantysghost
30-08-2021, 02:32 PM
The kind of people that watch Breaking Bad and complain about Skyer being a bitch because she doesn't support her husbands change of career into drug dealing.

She does though for a while ;)

Ah breaking bad, so good.

Rocco Jones
30-08-2021, 02:50 PM

Haha, what a great analogy?!

Yeah, the angry men who think if you aren't gross you are just pretending not to be gross.

bornadog
30-08-2021, 03:52 PM
TOBY'S TRACK RECORD

Total: 22 charges
Suspended: Six times for eight total matches
Total fines: $29,350

2012: Made ineligible for the NAB AFL Rising Star after he was suspended for one match for an ugly bump on Brisbane veteran Jed Adcock.

2012: Fined $1200 for his role in a melee during Greater Western Sydney's clash with Melbourne.

2013: Cops a $1950 fine for making reckless contact with an umpire in a game against Gold Coast.

2014: Walked away with a one-match suspension for striking Adelaide midfielder Richard Douglas, with the offence classified as a level-three sanction.

2014: Fined another $1200 for engaging in a melee, this time against the Western Bulldogs.

2015: Hit with a $1500 fine for spitting in the direction of Richmond midfielder Anthony Miles.

2015: Another $1500 fine for engaging in a melee, this time against Fremantle.

2016: Fined $1000 for misconduct, having pushed Port Adelaide youngster Brendon Ah Chee into a fence.

2017: Hit with a $1000 misconduct fine in pre-season, having given Sam Wright a slap to the face late in the game.

2017: Fined $1000 for striking Port Adelaide midfielder Dan Houston, with the charge graded as low impact to the head.

2017: Hit with a two-match striking suspension after clipping Western Bulldogs midfielder Caleb Daniel with an extremely late spoil attempt.

2017: Forced to serve another two-match suspension after striking Richmond defender Alex Rance to the jaw with a jumper-punch.

2017: Controversially offered a $1500 misconduct fine for his flying kick to the face of Western Bulldogs forward Luke Dahlhaus in a marking contest.

2018: Fined $2500 for misconduct, having appeared to drop his knee into Sydney midfielder Isaac Heeney during an elimination final.

2018: Fined another $2500 for misconduct the very next week during a semi-final against Collingwood, where he was involved in a back-and-forth with midfielder Taylor Adams.

2019: Slapped with a $2000 fine for striking, having handed Melbourne midfielder Clayton Oliver a 'tummy tap' in an off-the-ball incident.

2019: Handed a $7500 fine for serious misconduct, having appeared to make contact with the face and hair of Western Bulldogs star Marcus Bontempelli during a lengthy scuffle.

2019: Suspended for one match after making unnecessary or unreasonable contact to the eye region of Brisbane gun Lachie Neale, forcing him to miss a preliminary final.

2020: Fined $1000 for elbowing Fremantle's Reece Conca to the midriff in an incident that took place some way off the ball.

2021: Handed a $2000 fine for a 'tummy tap' to the midriff of Carlton defender Nic Newman, after striking him in an off-the-ball incident.

2021: Suspended for one game, halved from two, after elbowing Geelong star Patrick Dangerfield to the throat while attempting a fend-off to escape a tackle.

2021: Referred directly to the Tribunal for making intentional contact with umpire Matt Stevic during an elimination final win over the Swans. The penalty is unknown.

bulldogtragic
30-08-2021, 07:33 PM
Merrett slams Libba in a dangerous tackle $2,000
Stringer punched Young in the face $1,500

Gardner had Francis run into him, $2,000

bornadog
30-08-2021, 07:35 PM
MRO

Jake Stringer, Essendon, has been charged with Striking Lewis Young, Western Bulldogs during the third quarter of the Elimination Final between the Western Bulldogs and Essendon, played at UTAS Stadium on Sunday, August 29, 2021.

In summary, he can accept a $1500 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Striking (Fixed Financial Sanction). The incident was classified as a $2500 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $1500 sanction with an early plea.

Ryan Gardner, Western Bulldogs, has been charged with Engaging in Rough Conduct against Aaron Francis, Essendon during the third quarter of the Elimination Final between the Western Bulldogs and Essendon, played at UTAS Stadium on Sunday, August 29, 2021.

In summary, he can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct, Low Impact, Body Contact. The incident was classified as a $3000 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Zach Merrett, Essendon, has been charged with Rough Conduct (Dangerous Tackle) against Tom Liberatore, Western Bulldogs during the fourth quarter of the Elimination Final between the Western Bulldogs and Essendon, played at UTAS Stadium on Sunday, August 29, 2021.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Low Impact, High Contact. The incident was classified as a $3000 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

comrade
30-08-2021, 07:40 PM
Stringer getting off with just a fine, let alone a smaller fine than Gardner is some a grade bullshit.

Grantysghost
30-08-2021, 07:42 PM
I don't understand the MRO.

Maybe that's the point.

bulldogsthru&thru
30-08-2021, 07:44 PM
I have no words. I’m speechless. I am without speech.

Dry Rot
30-08-2021, 08:06 PM
When is the Greene decision?

azabob
30-08-2021, 08:08 PM
When is the Greene decision?

9am tribunal on Tuesday

Dry Rot
30-08-2021, 08:11 PM
9am tribunal on Tuesday

Thanks mate.

I really hope karma exists.

If it does, then Greene is ****ed.

SonofScray
30-08-2021, 08:20 PM
MRO

Jake Stringer, Essendon, has been charged with Striking Lewis Young, Western Bulldogs during the third quarter of the Elimination Final between the Western Bulldogs and Essendon, played at UTAS Stadium on Sunday, August 29, 2021.

In summary, he can accept a $1500 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Striking (Fixed Financial Sanction). The incident was classified as a $2500 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $1500 sanction with an early plea.

Ryan Gardner, Western Bulldogs, has been charged with Engaging in Rough Conduct against Aaron Francis, Essendon during the third quarter of the Elimination Final between the Western Bulldogs and Essendon, played at UTAS Stadium on Sunday, August 29, 2021.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct, Low Impact, Body Contact. The incident was classified as a $3000 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Zach Merrett, Essendon, has been charged with Rough Conduct (Dangerous Tackle) against Tom Liberatore, Western Bulldogs during the fourth quarter of the Elimination Final between the Western Bulldogs and Essendon, played at UTAS Stadium on Sunday, August 29, 2021.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Low Impact, High Contact. The incident was classified as a $3000 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.
3 incidents, only one is an intentional act that falls outside the skills of the game. Yet that’s the lightest sentence…

jazzadogs
30-08-2021, 09:06 PM
That's wild. How was Gardner anything beyond a free kick?

Devon Smith not even referenced?

Go_Dogs
30-08-2021, 09:15 PM
Optics. MRO remains chook lotto.

bulldogtragic
30-08-2021, 09:19 PM
That's wild. How was Gardner anything beyond a free kick?

Devon Smith not even referenced?

Quick. Let’s jump on social media and be dickheads towards everyone including our own because we don’t agree with afel officials decisions.

Or not, because we have some dignity in ourselves whilst also having no idea if the MRO actually reviewed the game and didn’t just phone in random thoughts.

bornadog
30-08-2021, 09:20 PM
I really am sick of it with no reason why they dish out what they do. Makes no sense.

SquirrelGrip
31-08-2021, 09:46 AM
Live update from the Tribunal this morning....

https://i.postimg.cc/13cW8bFF/Chook-Lotto.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

jeemak
31-08-2021, 09:58 AM
Greene will get off here, Stevic has basically said that he didn't feel disrespected or threatened and that contact was only minor.

Follow here:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/toby-greene-verdict-live-updates-gws-star-fronts-tribunal-over-making-contact-with-umpire-20210831-p58ndx.html

bornadog
31-08-2021, 10:00 AM
Greene will get off here, Stevic has basically said that he didn't feel disrespected or threatened and that contact was only minor.

Follow here:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/toby-greene-verdict-live-updates-gws-star-fronts-tribunal-over-making-contact-with-umpire-20210831-p58ndx.html

They love him, even the umpires

Jeanette54
31-08-2021, 12:04 PM
12.00 This is going on longer than I thought it would, bearing in mind the film evidence.

What's the bet that the AFEL will get Toby off, and they are just working on the spin.

Perhaps Justice, traditionally being blindfolded, means that she didn't see the TV vision.

bornadog
31-08-2021, 12:08 PM
12.00 This is going on longer than I thought it would, bearing in mind the film evidence.

What's the bet that the AFEL will get Toby off, and they are just working on the spin.

Perhaps Justice, traditionally being blindfolded, means that she didn't see the TV vision.

No way he gets off, but ridiculous having a 3 hour tribunal. The penalty will be interesting.

bornadog
31-08-2021, 12:36 PM
Toby Found Guilty. Penalty to come

DOG GOD
31-08-2021, 12:44 PM
Anything under 4 weeks will be laughable.
I don’t care if it’s Greene. Didn’t Greg Williams get 9 for shoving an umpire ?

bulldogtragic
31-08-2021, 12:44 PM
Part 1 - Find him guilty. Tick

Part 2 - Severe penalty. TBA

westdog54
31-08-2021, 12:45 PM

Must surely be at least two on that charge.

Wording from the jury was “aggressive, demonstrative and disrespectful”.

That’s with Stevic playing it down in his evidence.

westdog54
31-08-2021, 12:45 PM
Jeff Gleeson arguing for a six match suspension.

bulldogtragic
31-08-2021, 12:47 PM
Jeff Gleeson arguing for a six match suspension.

Would be a good outcome if he can convince them.

bulldogtragic
31-08-2021, 12:51 PM
Not often I agree with the afel but today is that day:

The AFL's legal counsel, Jeff Gleeson QC, is arguing for a suspension of no less than six matches. He says: "This is a serious offence and a serious moment in the governance of the game."

westdog54
31-08-2021, 12:58 PM
GWS counsel arguing for a fine, while simultaneously citing Tom Hawkins’ suspension in 2018. You can’t make this up.

bulldogtragic
31-08-2021, 01:00 PM
GWS counsel arguing for a fine, while simultaneously citing Tom Hawkins’ suspension in 2018. You can’t make this up.

Pathetic effort by the silk wasn’t it? Surely there was a better argument to be made. Probably several.

Jeanette54
31-08-2021, 01:02 PM

Age says, "Ihle says a fine of $20,000-$25,000 would be appropriate. He compares it to James Hird’s fine for comments about umpire Scott McLaren in 2004."

westdog54
31-08-2021, 01:10 PM
Age says, "Ihle says a fine of $20,000-$25,000 would be appropriate. He compares it to James Hird’s fine for comments about umpire Scott McLaren in 2004."

Totally the same. ��

Jeanette54
31-08-2021, 01:19 PM
Three weeks.

Seems pretty light for the seriousness of the charges.

He certainly shouldn't get time off for good past behaviour.

bulldogtragic
31-08-2021, 01:20 PM
Will the AFEL appeal?

He left early to fly to WA. Will he appeal?

If it holds, it rules him out for the rest of the year. That’s going to hurt the team more than him. Selfish flog.

westdog54
31-08-2021, 01:21 PM
Will the AFEL appeal?

He left early to fly to WA. Will he appeal?

Surely they’d have to get the whole verdict overturned to avoid a suspension.

Can’t see that happening.

jeemak
31-08-2021, 01:25 PM
They'll appeal. Have to.

G-Mo77
31-08-2021, 01:25 PM
Geez that's weak! This should have been a clear message sent to everyone playing football. You do not touch an umpire under any circumstances or "this" will happen. "This" turned into a 3 week slap on the wrist.

bulldogtragic
31-08-2021, 01:28 PM
Surely they’d have to get the whole verdict overturned to avoid a suspension.

Can’t see that happening.

Agree 100%. I’m wondering if they do it out of sheer desperation of playing a final in a few days? A bad gamble of the appeal fee.

divvydan
31-08-2021, 01:40 PM
AFL should appeal but the suspension being just long enough for Greene to miss the rest of the finals series will probably convince them not to. Not sure if GWS will appeal, I assume they'll try anything to give Greene a chance of playing again this year.

Overall, it's another weak half and half suspension that satisfies no one. Same as Greene's suspension from a few weeks ago that should've either been 2 matches or nothing and ended up being 1 match.

DOG GOD
31-08-2021, 01:44 PM
Weak as predictable. I wonder if it would’ve been more if it was a “no name”.

bornadog
31-08-2021, 01:59 PM
Should have been 3 weeks plus 3 weeks suspended. The 3 weeks suspended triggered against any report at all, so that he thinks twice before being a dickhead.

EasternWest
31-08-2021, 03:42 PM
3 weeks is a bit under for mine, but what's important is that if GWS make the GF, good-bloke-with-a-rough-life-plays-on-the-edge Toby Greene will be pouting on the sidelines.

If that doesn't gladden the heart then you're dead inside.

bornadog
31-08-2021, 03:49 PM
I don't understand the MRO.

Maybe that's the point.

Gardner fined for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4EW787tcJg&ab_channel=Michael

Surely the club appeals.

1eyedog
31-08-2021, 03:56 PM
It's a shame Toby won't be around to harass the Cats they must be stoked. I noticed Whateley was particularly vocal re. Green being suspended this week.

bornadog
31-08-2021, 03:57 PM
It's a shame Toby won't be around to harass the Cats they must be stoked. I noticed Whateley was particularly vocal re. Green being suspended this week.

Who do you want to win?

1eyedog
31-08-2021, 03:59 PM
Gardner fined for this:

Surely the club appeals.

Can someone please explain why Francis fell over on the 50 but the umpire brought Dunkley back to about 44? Does he get to kick it from where he fell over?

jazzadogs
31-08-2021, 04:02 PM
Can someone please explain why Francis fell over on the 50 but the umpire brought Dunkley back to about 44? Does he get to kick it from where he fell over?

They paid it as a 50m to Draper.

Testekill
31-08-2021, 04:10 PM
Gardner fined for this:

Surely the club appeals.

The MRO really got sucked in by Francis acting like he was unconscious. There really wasn't any head contact there at all

jeemak
31-08-2021, 04:11 PM
Yeah they either take the full down field or the fifty, depending on which is the more severe penalty.

Ghost Dog
31-08-2021, 04:13 PM
McLachlan talking to lawyers. AFL may have a crack at extending his holiday.

bornadog
31-08-2021, 04:23 PM
The MRO really got sucked in by Francis acting like he was unconscious. There really wasn't any head contact there at all

It is a joke

DOG GOD
31-08-2021, 04:32 PM
I didn’t see the Gardner one as I was taking a leak just before the end of the quarter, so first I’ve seen it…

Omg, that is laughable..WTF.

Bulldog Joe
31-08-2021, 04:47 PM

At the very least Francis should be paying the fine. What a disgrace!!

bulldogtragic
31-08-2021, 05:00 PM
McLachlan talking to lawyers. AFL may have a crack at extending his holiday.

Just saw a grab of his answer. Appeal seems likely. He said it’s “perplexing” that the tribunal found intentional contact of a aggressive/disrespectful type, but then only suspended him for three weeks. They wanted 6+. Gil doesn’t tend to go into this stuff very often. But when the CEO of the AFEL is outright saying at a press conference he’s perplexed by the tribunal decision, its short odds for an appeal.

Dancin' Douggy
31-08-2021, 05:10 PM
6 weeks is not enough. And remember he only got a fine for eye gouging Bont and slamming his head into the ground while his arms were pinned. The AFL tribunal is an utter farce. I simply don't get it

Axe Man
31-08-2021, 05:28 PM
Gardner fined for this:

Surely the club appeals.

At least Ryan's shoulder seems to be structurally sound. In fact he appears to have gained some sort of superhuman strength to send a decent lump of a lad in Francis flying like a small child.

bornadog
31-08-2021, 05:50 PM
At least Ryan's shoulder seems to be structurally sound. In fact he appears to have gained some sort of superhuman strength to send a decent lump of a lad in Francis flying like a small child.

I am surprised no one said anything about the last 30 seconds of play in the Sydney v GWS game when Toby faked being hit when the reply shows he was barely touched. Umpire gave him the free and good luck, but should be cited for faking. Toby wasted time on the ground as if he was king hit or something. In a 3 point match, it is disgraceful

GVGjr
31-08-2021, 06:48 PM
Three weeks.

Seems pretty light for the seriousness of the charges.

He certainly shouldn't get time off for good past behaviour.

The AFL has in their minds 'just done enough'

G-Mo77
31-08-2021, 06:49 PM
GWS won't be appealing

Of course they won't. It's a slap on the wrist and they know it!

josie
31-08-2021, 06:53 PM
We probably do not want the distraction but fair dinkum that Gardner fine is a joke. Francis as much ran into him not looking where he is going and all Gardner did was protect his body and push him off. Nothing reckless about that. I think actions like that happens in every game & normally no free kicks let alone reports - Francis has a duty of care to look where he is running.

jeemak
31-08-2021, 07:35 PM
We probably do not want the distraction but fair dinkum that Gardner fine is a joke. Francis as much ran into him not looking where he is going and all Gardner did was protect his body and push him off. Nothing reckless about that. I think actions like that happens in every game & normally no free kicks let alone reports - Francis has a duty of care to look where he is running.

I think we just pay the fine for him and move on. Chalk it up as one for the team as it was a defencive act.

EasternWest
31-08-2021, 08:00 PM

I agree it's not worth a fine but Gardner clearly shoulder blocks him.

jazzadogs
31-08-2021, 08:08 PM
I agree it's not worth a fine but Gardner clearly shoulder blocks him.

It still happens many many times a game, but Gardner was unlucky that Francis was truly not expecting it and caught off balance, plus seemed to get some whiplash on Gardner's head. It was an unlucky free kick, nothing more. Can't believe that was a fine but Dev Smith and the Zac Merrett headhunt on Young weren't looked at.

The bulldog tragician
31-08-2021, 08:11 PM
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-31/toby-greene-suspension-umpire-abuse-community-sport/100422762

This article is a good read and also draws an interesting parallel about the carry on about Our Cody being in itself an example of umpire disrespect.

EasternWest
31-08-2021, 08:16 PM
It still happens many many times a game, but Gardner was unlucky that Francis was truly not expecting it and caught off balance, plus seemed to get some whiplash on Gardner's head. It was an unlucky free kick, nothing more. Can't believe that was a fine but Dev Smith and the Zac Merrett headhunt on Young weren't looked at.

Yeah agree with that.

Go_Dogs
31-08-2021, 08:28 PM
The AFL should appeal that decision and get it back to 6 weeks. Pathetic.

Dry Rot
31-08-2021, 08:57 PM
So if you are the Giants coach, their captain or a team mate, what do you say to Greene?

EasternWest
31-08-2021, 09:00 PM
So if you are the Giants coach, their captain or a team mate, what do you say to Greene?

https://i.postimg.cc/7hX8YPRq/giphy.gif (https://postimages.org/)

jeemak
31-08-2021, 09:44 PM

If you win this week it's a chance at redemption and things are mostly forgiven. If you lose you tell him you got lucky in the 2018 prelim, but you let us down this year.

Then you tell him that if again you recklessly throw away a chance to play a final next week you're being traded to the highest bidder no matter the outcome.

And of course, you follow through with it.

You can't have someone who continually puts their needs and impulses over the needs of the team. You have to draw a line.

westdog54
31-08-2021, 11:35 PM
If you win this week it's a chance at redemption and things are mostly forgiven. If you lose you tell him you got lucky in the 2018 prelim, but you let us down this year.

Then you tell him that if again you recklessly throw away a chance to play a final next week you're being traded to the highest bidder no matter the outcome.

And of course, you follow through with it.

You can't have someone who continually puts their needs and impulses over the needs of the team. You have to draw a line.

Either:

This conversation was had in 2018 and it didn't sink in, in which case it probably won't sink in this time either, or;

It didn't happen then, in which case it probably won't happen this time either.

If Leon Cameron is in any way serious about curbing Greene's behaviour, he gets stripped of the captaincy. Bare minimum. He's left it's team hanging twice in four years in finals series through an act of stupidity. That's not leadership.

Problem is, I don't think Cameron has the guts to do it. He's defended him too vehemently in the past to indicate that he's capable of reining him in. He's a big part of the problem.

SquirrelGrip
01-09-2021, 11:15 AM
Either:

This conversation was had in 2018 and it didn't sink in, in which case it probably won't sink in this time either, or;

It didn't happen then, in which case it probably won't happen this time either.

If Leon Cameron is in any way serious about curbing Greene's behaviour, he gets stripped of the captaincy. Bare minimum. He's left it's team hanging twice in four years in finals series through an act of stupidity. That's not leadership.

Problem is, I don't think Cameron has the guts to do it. He's defended him too vehemently in the past to indicate that he's capable of reining him in. He's a big part of the problem.

The difficulty is that GWS are at the best when Greene is captain.

jazzadogs
01-09-2021, 12:42 PM
The difficulty is that GWS are at the best when Greene is captain.

I'd imagine that Josh Kelly will be captain next year, given Coniglio is an objectively poor leader (if you haven't watched the Amazon doco you might disagree) and Greene is not an appropriate choice. Kelly has also signed for life so would seem a safe choice.

bulldogtragic
01-09-2021, 04:42 PM
AFEL Appealing. Hearing set for after the finals for logistical reasons.

SquirrelGrip
01-09-2021, 04:48 PM
AFEL Appealing. Hearing set for after the finals for logistical reasons.

Is that so Eddie can get a permit to be there?

westdog54
01-09-2021, 05:48 PM
I'd imagine that Josh Kelly will be captain next year, given Coniglio is an objectively poor leader (if you haven't watched the Amazon doco you might disagree) and Greene is not an appropriate choice. Kelly has also signed for life so would seem a safe choice.

Not having an Amazon subscription (he's got enough *!*!*!*!ing money) what did I miss?

Their lack of leadership is staggering.

jazzadogs
01-09-2021, 06:12 PM
Not having an Amazon subscription (he's got enough *!*!*!*!ing money) what did I miss?

Their lack of leadership is staggering.

He's just so vanilla. GWS are one of the main stories, with a focus on Coniglio, and his addresses to the playing group are some of the most monotonous boring uninspiring things I've heard. He seems like a really nice guy and someone you'd want to be mates with, but not a leader.

I also get the feeling he knows it's not a strength and is trying to work on it, but it doesn't come naturally and was probably taking focus away from his footy. He might have had Griff as a mentor.

westdog54
02-09-2021, 09:12 AM
He's just so vanilla. GWS are one of the main stories, with a focus on Coniglio, and his addresses to the playing group are some of the most monotonous boring uninspiring things I've heard. He seems like a really nice guy and someone you'd want to be mates with, but not a leader.

I also get the feeling he knows it's not a strength and is trying to work on it, but it doesn't come naturally and was probably taking focus away from his footy. He might have had Griff as a mentor.

It's the trap of having your best player as a captain.

Leadership is a skill in itself and has zero to do with the skill actually involved in your job.

Nick Maxwell is the perfect example. He was a good ordinary player but an outstanding leader and captain.

Ghost Dog
02-09-2021, 02:22 PM
It's the trap of having your best player as a captain.

Leadership is a skill in itself and has zero to do with the skill actually involved in your job.

Nick Maxwell is the perfect example. He was a good ordinary player but an outstanding leader and captain.

Tom Harley is another example.

westdog54
02-09-2021, 05:20 PM
Tom Harley is another example.

A very good one at that.

boydogs
03-09-2021, 01:43 AM
Throw Mitch Wallis in there as a leader beyond his football skills

The Gardner one reminds me of Lake v Riewoldt 2009, barely a free kick, not close to reportable

Dancin' Douggy
03-09-2021, 10:02 AM
Adam Cooney joins the Conga line of Toby Green apologist suck holes.
And therefore gains an automatic membership for the conga line of insufferable ex bulldogs.

What a tool he has become.

Bulldog Joe
03-09-2021, 10:45 AM
Adam Cooney joins the Conga line of Toby Green apologist suck holes.
And therefore gains an automatic membership for the conga line of insufferable ex bulldogs.

What a tool he has become.

The only issue I have is the has become part. It seems that the word is would be sufficient and perhaps always was but overlooked when he wore our jumper.

Bulldog Joe
03-09-2021, 10:46 AM
Throw Mitch Wallis in there as a leader beyond his football skills

The Gardner one reminds me of Lake v Riewoldt 2009, barely a free kick, not close to reportable

I see the Gardner incident as less deserving of the free than even the Riewoldt flop and absolutely not a reportable incident.

EasternWest
03-09-2021, 08:21 PM
The only issue I have is the has become part. It seems that the word is would be sufficient and perhaps always was but overlooked when he wore our jumper.

He was a "character" when he was ours.

SonofScray
04-09-2021, 07:59 AM
He was a "character" when he was ours.

We soured on him pretty quickly from the esky lid incident onwards.

Go_Dogs
05-09-2021, 08:04 PM
MRO explanation of the Weightman / Adams incident was bizarre. Got him high, no further action required.

bulldogtragic
05-09-2021, 08:05 PM
Give Gardner his money back you cheating *!*!*!*!sticks.

Testekill
05-09-2021, 08:38 PM
Yeah I don't understand the difference between the Gardner and Adams incidents. Is it because Francis acted like he was knocked out?

divvydan
05-09-2021, 08:59 PM
Was it Keath, who deliberately tripped the Bris player by hand? Expected that incident to get a fine.

jazzadogs
05-09-2021, 10:33 PM
I wouldn't have been upset if Daniher got a fine for his hit on Duryea in the first quarter, but probably was just a free kick.

bornadog
05-09-2021, 10:35 PM
Was it Keath, who deliberately tripped the Bris player by hand? Expected that incident to get a fine.

Doc tripped up cockatoo

Mitcha
06-09-2021, 09:41 AM
Doc tripped up cockatoo

And it was literally the only thing that hit cockatoo's boot all night.

MrMahatma
06-09-2021, 10:14 AM
MRO explanation of the Weightman / Adams incident was bizarre. Got him high, no further action required.

Maybe a small addition to Cody being ok to play? If he was concussed surely it’s a week?

bulldogtragic
06-09-2021, 12:11 PM
Maybe a small addition to Cody being ok to play? If he was concussed surely it’s a week?

Good pick up. I imagine the MRO would’ve asked for an injury report as part of thoroughly assessing it. That injury report seems to have not made much of the impact on Cody I assume.

SonofScray
06-09-2021, 09:22 PM
How is it that Adams isn't cited and penalised for the bump on Weightman, one week after the exact same incident saw Garnder fined? Well, not exactly the same, our player was subbed out as a result. Francis was not.

chef
06-09-2021, 09:30 PM
Adams was just standing and Cody ran into him. Why are people wanting him punished?

soupman
06-09-2021, 09:42 PM
Adams was just standing and Cody ran into him. Why are people wanting him punished?

Agree. Gardner fine was absolute bullshit but from the footage we have I am less convinced Adams even saw him coming and I think neither incident was worthy of MRO intervention.

westdog54
06-09-2021, 10:00 PM

Agree. Gardner fine was absolute bullshit but from the footage we have I am less convinced Adams even saw him coming and I think neither incident was worthy of MRO intervention.

Having watched it back, 100% agree. Zero in it.

bornadog
06-09-2021, 10:22 PM
Having watched it back, 100% agree. Zero in it.

I still don't get why Gardner pays $2000 fine for virtually the same thing, except Cody is concussed, but the Essendon player is fine.

Raw Toast
06-09-2021, 10:31 PM
I still don't get why Gardner pays $2000 fine for virtually the same thing, except Cody is concussed, but the Essendon player is fine.

I think both Adams and Cody were surprised by the contact, and it was related to the passage of play. Certainly don't think there was any malice in what Adams did, and he just stood his ground.

I don't think that there was malice in what Gardner did either. He did, however, intentionally check Francis off the play. The unlucky bit was that Francis didn't see it coming and might've put a bit of mustard on it as well. I'm not that worried about the fine - it is Gardner's duty of care in that situation to ensure that Francis knows a bump is coming. A minor thing in this instance, but we've seen more major incidents, and the Cody situation is a clear example of the dangers that even seemingly incidental high contact can cause.

Happy Days
06-09-2021, 10:38 PM
I reckon Cody ran into him to try and draw a free right before half time.

westdog54
06-09-2021, 11:54 PM

Simple answer is the Gardner decision was wrong.

jeemak
07-09-2021, 11:56 PM
So......just watching the replay and apparently Joey Jo Jo Shabado's hit on Doc was within the rules in terms of reasonable contact?

Did this come up in conversation at all? Because it's clearly reportable, and should have been reportable on the field. Daniher lined him up in a marking contest and only ever wanted to take air and bump him.

jeemak
08-09-2021, 12:12 AM
The goal where Charlie Cameron (aka Ghost Rider because he's never where the action is at the pointy end - but I do love him and it's not his fault) burned off Easton, slightly but just enough, he used a drop punt and the shot on goal was instinctive and about as accurate as it gets.

If not running as fast would he have put the footy across his boot and tried to hook it? I think the answer is yes and it bemuses me. If up the ground and on the run trying to find a target he'd have kicked a drop punt for maximum accuracy. It staggers me coaches put up with this across the boot bullshit when drop punts are clearly more accurate.

Additionally a drop punt off the instep from where Charlie was bends from the left towards the right post opening up the angle, but Charlie went outside of the boot so it when the other way from right to left (which is awesome and looks amazing). From the other side a right foot tilted inwards gets the ball off the outside of the boot and it goes from the right post to the left.

It's so bloody simple, but it's dying as an artform. Why?

jeemak
08-09-2021, 12:44 AM
Wrong thread............

SonofScray
08-09-2021, 01:42 AM
So......just watching the replay and apparently Joey Jo Jo Shabado's hit on Doc was within the rules in terms of reasonable contact?

Did this come up in conversation at all? Because it's clearly reportable, and should have been reportable on the field. Daniher lined him up in a marking contest and only ever wanted to take air and bump him.

Reminded me of the incident from Buddha Ho king that really set off the conversation. That was clearly charging.

westdog54
07-10-2021, 02:26 PM
AFL Appeals Board has extended Toby Greene's suspension to six weeks.

EasternWest
07-10-2021, 02:40 PM

Shame.

The Adelaide Connection
07-10-2021, 03:00 PM

Hope we get them in the first 6 rounds (like we usually seem to).

bornadog
21-03-2022, 10:36 PM
* WEST Coast forward Willie Rioli has been offered a one-match ban for rough conduct on Gold Coast midfielder Matt Rowell, compounding the Eagles' early-season injury crisis.

https://resources.afl.com.au/photo-resources/2022/03/21/8004b738-d660-403f-be64-b8ffc8b9f05c/West-Coast-s-Willie-Rioli-collides-with-Gold-Coast-s-Matt-Rowell-during-R1-2022.JPG?width=952&height=592

I found this very strange as a suspension as Rowell was not hurt, and there was no head contact?

GVGjr
22-03-2022, 04:45 AM
* WEST Coast forward Willie Rioli has been offered a one-match ban for rough conduct on Gold Coast midfielder Matt Rowell, compounding the Eagles' early-season injury crisis.

I found this very strange as a suspension as Rowell was not hurt, and there was no head contact?

Rowell was the one focused on the ball and I dispute that he wasn't hurt. It knocked the stuffing out of him for a minute or two.
It's one of those line ball decisions but I couldn't believe the commentators didn't challenge it more during their call. It could easily be overturned.

soupman
22-03-2022, 04:57 AM
I thought it was pretty reckless at the time and would much rather it gets punished than a football action where a player happens to get accidentally injured.

Jeanette54
22-03-2022, 10:58 AM

The hit was late, high, and there was no way that you could argue that the Eagles player was making the ball his sole object. Why wouldn't you suspend him. This sort of hit has the potential to cause serious injury to the player whose sole intent is the football.

Mantis
22-03-2022, 11:05 AM
The hit was late, high, and there was no way that you could argue that the Eagles player was making the ball his sole object. Why wouldn't you suspend him. This sort of hit has the potential to cause serious injury to the player whose sole intent is the football.

You can’t suspend someone for what might’ve happened.

If it’s not worth a free kick… which was how the incident was viewed by the 3 umpires, then it can’t be reportable.

bornadog
22-03-2022, 11:14 AM

I don't believe it was a high hit.

Bulldog Joe
22-03-2022, 11:27 AM
You can’t suspend someone for what might’ve happened.

If it’s not worth a free kick… which was how the incident was viewed by the 3 umpires, then it can’t be reportable.

Sorry Mantis, but I fundamentally disagree with this point.

Many instances where the umpires miss stuff.

I also believe that we should be reporting based on intent and not outcome.

This is not a comment specifically on the Rioli incident as I didn't see it. However, the Robinson one should never have been cited as Mitch just braced himself for the contact.

I don't want to see players let off (such as Selwood last year) simply because there is no injury of note.

Mantis
22-03-2022, 11:50 AM
Sorry Mantis, but I fundamentally disagree with this point.

Many instances where the umpires miss stuff.

I also believe that we should be reporting based on intent and not outcome.

This is not a comment specifically on the Rioli incident as I didn't see it. However, the Robinson one should never have been cited as Mitch just braced himself for the contact.

I don't want to see players let off (such as Selwood last year) simply because there is no injury of note.

You haven't even seen the incident so how can you make comment on it?

I watched it at the time and have seen numerous replays and it was probably worth a free kick, but nothing more.

bornadog
22-03-2022, 12:08 PM

I watched it at the time and have seen numerous replays and it was probably worth a free kick, but nothing more.

On the hand the Robinson one was a suspension. He could have avoided the hit but choose to try and bump him when his head was over the ball.

West Coast are appealing the suspension.

Bulldog Joe
22-03-2022, 12:59 PM

My comment was that a free kick not being paid is irrelevant to whether a suspension is justified. The umps miss plenty of incidents or just cop the wrong view.

Bulldog Joe
22-03-2022, 01:02 PM
On the hand the Robinson one was a suspension. He could have avoided the hit but choose to try and bump him when his head was over the ball.

West Coast are appealing the suspension.

How could Robinson have avoided the hit. He simply braced for contact. To avoid it he would need to have vacated the area. Not sure we are ready to have our players step aside and provide free access to the opposition.

Happy Days
22-03-2022, 01:32 PM
An interesting perspective on the Robinson one is that he clearly didn’t make contact with the head (because Duursma broke his damn collarbone). The Rioli one, too, whilst clumsy, doesn’t seem to have resulted in any head injury.

So given that both have been suspended, does this mean the policy has shifted from “if you elect to bump and cause head injury” etc to “don’t bump”? Which is *fine*, they just probably should have advised the players on it (assuming we’re all finding out together).

bornadog
22-03-2022, 02:18 PM
How could Robinson have avoided the hit. He simply braced for contact. To avoid it he would need to have vacated the area. Not sure we are ready to have our players step aside and provide free access to the opposition.

I took another look at the video, it is hard to tell what the hell he was doing.

see here (https://www.afl.com.au/news/724891/eagles-plot-to-free-willie-in-tuesday-s-tribunal-triple-header)

bornadog
22-03-2022, 08:08 PM
Willie Rioli has been cleared to play after having his one-match ban for rough conduct on Matt Rowell overturned by the tribunal.

Edit: Mitch Robinson ban stays

bornadog
28-05-2022, 06:46 PM
When is a slap in the face worth a week off? Buddy has copped it

jeemak
28-05-2022, 08:43 PM

Yeah I reckon that one was borderline. Bit stiff, but also probably either way.

Will Smith has been suspended from the Academy for a slap, so there's precedence.

Hotdog60
28-05-2022, 08:54 PM
He deserves a week for being such a wuss and not using a fist.

Bulldog4life
28-05-2022, 10:53 PM
Yeah I reckon that one was borderline. Bit stiff, but also probably either way.

Will Smith has been suspended from the Academy for a slap, so there's precedence.

I wonder if the Rock said the joke would have Will Smith slapped him? I'd buy tickets for that.

bornadog
30-05-2022, 02:08 PM

Swans to challenge

comrade
31-05-2022, 10:05 PM
I wonder if the Rock said the joke would have Will Smith slapped him? I'd buy tickets for that.

I think we know that Will Smith wouldn’t have said boo if it was someone physically bigger and more powerful than him.

Bulldog4life
01-06-2022, 09:39 AM
I think we know that Will Smith wouldn’t have said boo if it was someone physically bigger and more powerful than him.

Yep a bully for sure.

bornadog
02-06-2022, 04:06 PM
AFL apologises after Swans lash league for tribunal treatment of Franklin (https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl-apologises-after-swans-lash-league-for-tribunal-treatment-of-franklin-20220602-p5aqlt.html)

Click above for full story, but inessence AFL Barrister called Buddy's action cowardly.

jeemak
02-06-2022, 05:31 PM
AFL apologises after Swans lash league for tribunal treatment of Franklin (https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl-apologises-after-swans-lash-league-for-tribunal-treatment-of-franklin-20220602-p5aqlt.html)

Click above for full story, but inessence AFL Barrister called Buddy's action cowardly.

What's hitting someone seven inches shorter than you in the face if it isn't cowardly? Should they have just called him an arsehole?

bornadog
02-06-2022, 06:31 PM
What's hitting someone seven inches shorter than you in the face if it isn't cowardly? Should they have just called him an arsehole?
Stirrer

bornadog
04-06-2022, 08:54 PM
Smith suspended for two matches after headbutt
(https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/bulldogs-star-bailey-smith-reported-for-headbutting-20220603-p5aqzu.html)
The Western Bulldogs have until Monday to decide whether to challenge the MRO’s decision to offer star midfielder Bailey Smith a two-match suspension for headbutting Geelong’s Zach Tuohy in a fiery melee during Friday night’s loss to the Cats.

The Bulldogs’ next two matches are winnable games against the Giants and Hawthorn but with their season teetering, with six wins and six losses after 12 rounds, and a tough run home they will want all key players available.

The match review officer categorised the headbutt as intentional, high and medium impact, which results in two matches. The Bulldogs could attempt to have the impact downgraded as Tuohy played out the game. However, they know “the potential to cause serious injury” clause the AFL now applies, when high contact is made, has made it difficult for clubs to prove the impact was low rather than medium.

If the Western Bulldogs appeal and aren’t successful they will lose $10,000 out of their football department cap.

Smith’s act at three-quarter time shocked observers, however, Tuohy told Fox Footy post-game he had no issue with the incident and the pair had shaken hands post-game.

“Emotions were getting the better of the both of us. I think I was pulling and dragging at him as much as he was at me. There was nothing in it,” Tuohy said.

“When the game gets so close, and we had a big lead cut back to a small margin, emotions get high. It was all love at the end.”

But the AFL saw the incident differently after Tuohy reeled back from the contact and emerged with a lump on his forehead. The league also fined Tuohy $1000 for his involvement in the incident as he rubbed his head into Smith’s.

It is rare for an AFL player to be charged with headbutting however Richmond’s Bigoa Nyuon received a two-match suspension for headbutting an opponent in a VFL match last season. In 2020, West Coast premiership defender Will Schofield was offered a one-week suspension when charged with headbutting Port Adelaide’s Zak Butters. Sydney unsuccessfully appealed a one-match suspension to Lance Franklin last week when they attempted to have the contact downgraded.

Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge said he had not seen the incident that led to his star midfielder Smith being reported.

Smith and Tuohy were holding each other’s jumpers in a show of strength as a melee broke out after the siren when the 21-year-old through his head at Tuohy, who reeled backwards holding his head.

Smith was immediately reported as the two teams headed to their respective huddles.

Geelong coach Chris Scott said he joked with Tuohy, who comes from Ireland, about Irishmen and headbutts before playing down the incident.

“I spoke to [Tuohy] really, really briefly, and he wasn’t worried about it,” Scott said. “[Smith] is a star and Tuohy doesn’t have a problem with it.”

Beveridge said he had not spoken to Smith directly about the incident as he was not aware of it.

“If something has happened I will be briefed on it at some point,” Beveridge said.

The headbutt or contact using the head is graded under classifiable offences according to the tribunal guidelines.

If the impact is downgraded to low, Smith could be suspended for one match and if medium he could face two matches.

The bulldog tragician
04-06-2022, 10:00 PM
There are morons everywhere on twitter including Barrett naturally, and idiots from GWS who have chosen to comment about “if this was Toby Greene…”

jeemak
04-06-2022, 10:02 PM
There are morons everywhere on twitter including Barrett naturally, and idiots from GWS who have chosen to comment about “if this was Toby Greene…”

He'd have gotten off.

He's had more lenience than just about any player I can think of.

bornadog
04-06-2022, 10:07 PM
He'd have gotten off.

He's had more lenience than just about any player I can think of.

Surprise Surprise he did get off in an incident of headbutting back in 2017.

GREATER Western Sydney star Toby Greene has been cleared to face the Western Bulldogs on Friday night after the Match Review Panel said there was insufficient force in his headbutt on Sydney opponent Isaac Heeney.

jeemak
04-06-2022, 10:15 PM
Surprise Surprise he did get off in an incident of headbutting back in 2017.

Post this on Damo's Twitter account (providing you haven't been blocked by him):

https://www.afl.com.au/news/143493/analysis-toby-greene-set-to-be-banned-for-headbutting-isaac-heeney

jeemak
04-06-2022, 10:16 PM
Smith is a dickhead for doing what he did. Head butting is a wanker act and he should feel really shit about it.

chef
04-06-2022, 10:32 PM
Yep. He deserves two weeks and should cop his whack and learn from it. Weak act.

jeemak
04-06-2022, 10:44 PM
I will say that Touhy also is a wanker it's just that his effort didn't land, albeit it was just as aggressive.

Grantysghost
04-06-2022, 11:28 PM
Smith is a dickhead for doing what he did. Head butting is a wanker act and he should feel really shit about it.

It's a total knob head act. Gone down in my estimation after that. (who likes my avatar?)

Grantysghost
04-06-2022, 11:29 PM
Yep. He deserves two weeks and should cop his whack and learn from it. Weak act.

I think he's lucky to only cop 2.

jeemak
04-06-2022, 11:39 PM
It's a total knob head act. Gone down in my estimation after that. (who likes my avatar?)

Well, he was headbutted first.

But just because someone is a wanker to you it doesn't mean you need to be a wanker back to them, particularly not in the silly world of AFL where the retaliator gets punished more often than not.

jeemak
04-06-2022, 11:43 PM
I think he's lucky to only cop 2.

In the strange world of AFL where this only gets five, two is pretty harsh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07CEB12MwK4

This is what Jeremy Cameron's career should be remembered as. Yeah sure, lots of goals, and shit finals, but this most cowardly and premeditated act is what defines him for me. Just a disgusting piece of shit.

Worst thing I've seen on the field since Barry Hall hitting Staker.

Grantysghost
04-06-2022, 11:54 PM
In the strange world of AFL where this only gets five, two is pretty harsh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07CEB12MwK4

This is what Jeremy Cameron's career should be remembered as. Yeah sure, lots of goals, and shit finals, but this most cowardly and premeditated act is what defines him for me. Just a disgusting piece of shit.

Worst thing I've seen on the field since Barry Hall hitting Staker.

Fmd I hadn't seen that before. That's a ten weeker.

He layed out JJ with a massive hit one day too.

jeemak
05-06-2022, 12:03 AM
Fmd I hadn't seen that before. That's a ten weeker.

He layed out JJ with a massive hit one day too.

That one was a front on hit where he got the head but mainly the shoulder, but should have been done for a few weeks for head high contact.

The Harris Andrews one is on par with Leigh Matthews and Nevill Brunns etc. Completely disgusting act. The Leigh Matthews one was extremely bad but as I always maintained when playing, always be aware if you're just running by a dickhead.

Playing against Whitefriars College once in B Section their captain was running towards the bench and the ball had switched sides. He was a known prick, and after I had picked myself off the ground after the switch to return to my defencive area I caught something out of the corner of my eye and by instinct rammed him first. He came off second best but considering where I was and where the bench was he deviated at least twenty metres to get me for absolutely no reason. I got lucky. Some people are just dicks, and it was lucky this time I made him look like a bigger one than everyone already thought he was.

jeemak
05-06-2022, 12:09 AM
Someone seriously should have kicked Cameron in the face for that. Not the Toby Greene type of kick, but a genuine kick. When you go that far out of the confines of what's intolerable to completely disgusting, all bets should be off.

That's tongue in cheek, but how easily the commentariat forget (but don't worry, I keep receipts!).

Grantysghost
05-06-2022, 09:14 AM
Well, he was headbutted first.

But just because someone is a wanker to you it doesn't mean you need to be a wanker back to them, particularly not in the silly world of AFL where the retaliator gets punished more often than not.

I've been head butted out of the blue you can't react to it pretty dodgy act.
Zach did instigate it but was wise enough to not use force.

G-Mo77
05-06-2022, 11:21 AM
I've been head butted out of the blue you can't react to it pretty dodgy act.
Zach did instigate it but was wise enough to not use force.

And sold it like a WWE wrestler would have.

I think the penalty is fine, 2 weeks is a good result considering it's a headbutt. Smith and the club should wear it and welcome him back in a fortnight.

bornadog
05-06-2022, 01:18 PM
And sold it like a WWE wrestler would have.

I think the penalty is fine, 2 weeks is a good result considering it's a headbutt. Smith and the club should wear it and welcome him back in a fortnight.

No point in challenging to get it down to one week. We never win those.

Smith needs to learn from this.

bornadog
06-06-2022, 02:13 PM
The club won't challenge the two matches which is the right call. Silly Boy

Western Bulldogs midfielder Bailey Smith will miss the next two matches after the Club accepted the Match Review Officer’s sanction for headbutting.

The incident involving Smith and Geelong defender Zach Touhy was assessed as intentional conduct, medium impact and high contact.

As a first offence, Smith was offered a two-game ban. He will miss the Bulldogs’ games against GWS and Hawthorn, following the Club’s Round 13 bye.

“I’m disappointed to be missing the next two matches, and regret that I won’t be able to help my team-mates on the field during that period,” Smith said.

“I understand what happened was outside of what’s expected of AFL players. Unfortunately, I let my emotions get the better of me, which is out of character for me.

“I am determined to come back in a couple of weeks to continue giving 100 percent for my team-mates and the Club.”

Smith has been a star of the competition so far in 2022, averaging 31.6 possessions, four marks, four tackles and four clearances per game.

Bulldog4life
09-06-2022, 10:15 AM
We all make mistakes. He's a quick learner. Bailey will come back as good as ever.

GVGjr
09-06-2022, 11:14 AM
We all make mistakes. He's a quick learner. Bailey will come back as good as ever.

He'll get tested by the opposition more as a result of his actions. Like you I'm confident he will learn from this.

SquirrelGrip
09-06-2022, 01:59 PM
He'll get tested by the opposition more as a result of his actions. Like you I'm confident he will learn from this.

We need more experienced enforcers. Someone to stand in the middle of a melee and get the opposition to walk away. Libba is the only one for mine who could do this. Maybe Bruce when he gets back. Where can we get a brute or two?

Jeanette54
10-06-2022, 01:39 PM
We need more experienced enforcers. Someone to stand in the middle of a melee and get the opposition to walk away. Libba is the only one for mine who could do this. Maybe Bruce when he gets back. Where can we get a brute or two?

Sadly, Libba so often sems to be a lone hand in so many scuffles. To his credit Josh Bruce often got involved in the rough stuff on the forward line, he is a big intimidating presence when the push and shove starts.

jeemak
10-06-2022, 11:44 PM

That person doesn't exist in the AFL anymore.

All the players are hard as *!*!*!*! and go at the footy with a ridiculous amount of recklessness, meaning there's nothing to fight over these days.

It's obviously different, but when I played ammos lip was more effective than physical bluster. You could get inside the head of a player easily and let them stew over it, and hit them as hard as you could in general play. It's different now because you can't say the things you used to be able to say to players to make them feel insecure (and that's actually not a bad thing, in fact, it's a good thing).

So what's next for Smith? He's already hard as *!*!*!*!, and he just needs to double down on that and go even harder than he already does.

bornadog
25-06-2022, 11:46 PM
Fiery Hawk hit with two charges, teammate fined (https://www.afl.com.au/news/786729/match-review-fiery-hawk-hit-with-two-charges-teammate-fined)

The AFL advises that the Match Review of the Round 15 Friday game has been completed. Three charges were laid and there were no incidents that required a detailed explanation.

Charges laid:

Jacob Koschitzke, Hawthorn, has been charged with Forceful Front-On Contact against Tim O'Brien, Western Bulldogs, during the first quarter of the Round 15 match between the Western Bulldogs and Hawthorn played at Marvel Stadium on Friday, June 24 2022.

In summary, the player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

James Sicily, Hawthorn, has been charged with Misconduct against Aaron Naughton, Western Bulldogs, during the third quarter of the Round 15 match between the Western Bulldogs and Hawthorn played at Marvel Stadium on Friday, June 24 2022.

In summary, the player can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Misconduct. The incident was classified as a $1500 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

James Sicily, Hawthorn, has been charged with Striking Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Western Bulldogs, during the fourth quarter of the Round 15 match between the Western Bulldogs and Hawthorn played at Marvel Stadium on Friday, June 24 2022.

jeemak
26-06-2022, 12:44 AM
The Hawks are completely disgusting when they aren't winning.

From their board, to their footy department and to their coaches. They are entitled wankers and will act like shitheads until the talent actually rolls in.

bornadog
26-06-2022, 10:18 AM
The Hawks are completely disgusting when they aren't winning.

From their board, to their footy department and to their coaches. They are entitled wankers and will act like shitheads until the talent actually rolls in.

Mate who is a Hawks supporter won't buy a membership and doesn't go anymore because they are losing.

Bulldog4life
26-06-2022, 10:21 AM
Mate who is a Hawks supporter won't buy a membership and doesn't go anymore because they are losing.

Sign him up BAD.

Grantysghost
26-06-2022, 10:26 AM

Considering their first flag was 61 and they've won 13 (1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014 and 2015) you probably can't blame them!

13 in 61 years is on a average a flag every 4.7 years.

Theyre over due.

GVGjr
26-06-2022, 10:52 AM

It goes to show that even though he had seen an incredible run, many supporters have a 'what have you done for me lately' focus.
To be honest, your mate is a bit different to most Hawks supporters I know.

bornadog
26-06-2022, 11:00 AM
It goes to show that even though he had seen an incredible run, many supporters have a 'what have you done for me lately' focus.
To be honest, your mate is a bit different to most Hawks supporters I know.

Attendances at their games tells a different story

The bulldog tragician
26-06-2022, 11:19 AM
Was Sicily lucky to only get fined for an incident that saw Jamarra lying on the ground out of play?

Bulldog Joe
26-06-2022, 11:54 AM
Was Sicily lucky to only get fined for an incident that saw Jamarra lying on the ground out of play?

I am not sure who keeps records at AFL (or MRO) but how is that a first offence for Sicily. He has been doing stuff like the hit on Marra since he first played.

bornadog
26-06-2022, 01:07 PM

Just goes to show AFL are not serious.

The hit was behind play, nowhere near the ball

bornadog
28-06-2022, 07:34 PM
Stewart out for 4 weeks.

GVGjr
28-06-2022, 07:44 PM
Stewart out for 4 weeks.

It's about what most expected.

azabob
28-06-2022, 08:12 PM
Stewart out for 4 weeks.

Great. Just in time to come back for our game.

Dry Rot
28-06-2022, 08:34 PM
Careless my arse

Joke penalty

DOG GOD
29-06-2022, 11:27 AM
Careless my arse

Joke penalty

Agree. It was a dog act..6 weeks.

Scraggers
29-06-2022, 11:41 AM
Stewart out for 4 weeks.

It's about what most expected.

Careless my arse

Joke penalty

Agree. It was a dog act..6 weeks.

Same amount of time for a headbutt and bringing the game into disrepute ... just saying

Happy Days
29-06-2022, 12:10 PM
Just quietly Preuss back from suspension this week while English will miss again. One more for the bad guys.

GVGjr
29-06-2022, 12:23 PM
Same amount of time for a headbutt and bringing the game into disrepute ... just saying

Do you feel stronger that Smith has been badly done by or that Stewart deserved more?

Scraggers
29-06-2022, 12:28 PM
Do you feel stronger that Smith has been badly done by or that Stewart deserved more?

I think Bailey should get more for his two when compared to Stewart's one. As bad as Stewart's was (it was a dog act), headbutting and bringing the game (two separate events) into disrepute should be more than one spur of the moment act of stupidity. I think we can count our lucky stars its only four for Bailey

GVGjr
29-06-2022, 01:10 PM
I think Bailey should get more for his two when compared to Stewart's one. As bad as Stewart's was (it was a dog act), headbutting and bringing the game (two separate events) into disrepute should be more than one spur of the moment act of stupidity. I think we can count our lucky stars its only four for Bailey

I would have been happier if Stewart had received 5 weeks (not because we play the Cats in 5 weeks) and I agree Smith was a touch lucky. There will always be a margin of error when these verdicts come down.

bornadog
29-06-2022, 02:23 PM
Hawk’s headband fine upheld
Nell Geraets - The Age

Hawthorn’s James Sicily has failed in his bid to overturn a charge of misconduct for ripping off Bulldog Aaron Naughton’s headband during the third quarter of their clash last round.

The AFL originally offered Sicily a $1000 fine with an early plea. However, the 27-year-old defender decided to submit a written submission to challenge it. But the charge was upheld on Wednesday, resulting in an increased fine of $1500. The two players engaged in a tussle during the game at Marvel Stadium on Friday, which left Naughton with a ripped guernsey and his headband yanked off.

Sedat
29-06-2022, 02:38 PM
Has Tom Stewart been cannonized yet? He's the true hero of this story.

For farks sake. He went past the ball and deliberately lined up an unsuspecting opponent, knocking him into next week. It was caught by about 150 different camera angles. What choice did he have but to "own up and take responsibility". Also those Pork-Barrell Park pricks tried to argue a 3 week sentence at the tribunal - such is the contempt they have for Prestia and the rest of the competition. I guess when you have weaseled over $300m from the taxpayer to build your pissy little regional toy ground with no wings that gets used 8 days a year and is the plaything for one club only and locals aren't allowed to use it, you would feel invincible and act like an arrogant asshole club as well.

Bulldog Joe
29-06-2022, 02:46 PM

For farks sake. He went past the ball and deliberately lined up an unsuspecting opponent, knocking him into next week. It was caught by about 150 different camera angles. What choice did he have but to "own up and take responsibility". Also those Pork-Barrell Park pricks tried to argue a 3 week sentence at the tribunal - such is the contempt they have for Prestia and the rest of the competition. I guess when you have weaseled over $300m from the taxpayer to build your pissy little regional toy ground with no wings that gets used 8 days a year and is the plaything for one club only and locals aren't allowed to use it, you would feel invincible and act like an arrogant asshole club as well.

Why don't you tell us what you really think:cool:

azabob
29-06-2022, 02:53 PM

What Tom Stewart did was intentional and Dion Prestia will have unknown long term consequences for the rest of his life.

I'm certain if Smith had have knocked out Zach T he would have been punished accordingly.

The AFL bang on about duty of care and the head is sacrosanct - but it is all lip service. Should've got six weeks.

It is about time the footy media woke up and stopped defending the perpetrator as a default reaction.

Grantysghost
29-06-2022, 03:22 PM
Hawk’s headband fine upheld
Nell Geraets - The Age

Hawthorn’s James Sicily has failed in his bid to overturn a charge of misconduct for ripping off Bulldog Aaron Naughton’s headband during the third quarter of their clash last round.

The AFL originally offered Sicily a $1000 fine with an early plea. However, the 27-year-old defender decided to submit a written submission to challenge it. But the charge was upheld on Wednesday, resulting in an increased fine of $1500. The two players engaged in a tussle during the game at Marvel Stadium on Friday, which left Naughton with a ripped guernsey and his headband yanked off.

I can't believe he copped a fine for that.

Scraggers
29-06-2022, 05:15 PM
What Tom Stewart did was intentional and Dion Prestia will have unknown long term consequences for the rest of his life.

I'm certain if Smith had have knocked out Zach T he would have been punished accordingly.

The AFL bang on about duty of care and the head is sacrosanct - but it is all lip service. Should've got six weeks.

It is about time the footy media woke up and stopped defending the perpetrator as a default reaction.

I couldn't agree with you more. You would have to think, in the end, it has also cost Richmond the win. Stewart's act was malicious. He got off lightly with four weeks, but so did Bailey. Bailey's two acts (of stupidity) should have been worth more as well.

bornadog
29-06-2022, 05:27 PM

Should have got a week for pulling Naughton's hair - Sicily is a grub

bornadog
29-06-2022, 05:29 PM

How was the coach Sedat, runs on to the field and hugs Stewart. FFS, I would blast him for letting the whole team down for the next 4 weeks.

Not one thing has been said or written about Prestia's welfare - I hate the media

azabob
29-06-2022, 05:49 PM
How was the coach Sedat, runs on to the field and hugs Stewart. FFS, I would blast him for letting the whole team down for the next 4 weeks.

Not one thing has been said or written about Prestia's welfare - I hate the media

David King has mentioned on all his platforms he does not care about Stewart all he is worried about is Prestia

bornadog
29-06-2022, 05:49 PM
David King has mentioned on all his platforms he does not care about Stewart all he is worried about is Prestia

I think he is the only one

azabob
29-06-2022, 06:02 PM
I think he is the only one

Yeah, few and far between.

The Underdog
29-06-2022, 06:15 PM
Should have got a week for pulling Naughton's hair - Sicily is a grub

Maybe for whacking Marra, but a fine for removing a headband is the dumbest shit ever, and I think Sicily is a knob

bornadog
29-06-2022, 06:39 PM
Maybe for whacking Marra, but a fine for removing a headband is the dumbest shit ever, and I think Sicily is a knob

I was joking, but it was a silly thing to do

G-Mo77
29-06-2022, 06:51 PM

Yeah, agree. Childish and stupid yes, fineable no way.

What ever happened Sicily came out of that game looking like a complete goose. He really needs to pull his head in.

Sedat
29-06-2022, 07:01 PM

Chris Scott has rat cunning, I'll begrudgingly give him that. He read the play and framed the 'good bloke having a bad moment' narrative, which the morons in the media dutifully gobbled up.

The way the media has fawned over Scott and Stewart has been nauseating this week. They alternate between boot-licking sycophant mode and click-bait faux-outrage mode. Just an all-round grubby profession devoid of any personal pride.

jeemak
29-06-2022, 09:14 PM
Chris Scott has rat cunning, I'll begrudgingly give him that. He read the play and framed the 'good bloke having a bad moment' narrative, which the morons in the media dutifully gobbled up.

The way the media has fawned over Scott and Stewart has been nauseating this week. They alternate between boot-licking sycophant mode and click-bait faux-outrage mode. Just an all-round grubby profession devoid of any personal pride.

I've really switched off, well further than I already had the past year or so.

What comes out of ex-players mouths for the most part is drivel, and like the Canberra Press pack the non-ex-player media folks are either running an agenda to curry favour with the government of the day (the AFL), or swing between mindless fluff pieces or salacious click bait.

Grantysghost
29-06-2022, 10:52 PM
I've really switched off, well further than I already had the past year or so.

What comes out of ex-players mouths for the most part is drivel, and like the Canberra Press pack the non-ex-player media folks are either running an agenda to curry favour with the government of the day (the AFL), or swing between mindless fluff pieces or salacious click bait.

Jason Bennett is pretty good imo. He's been MC at a couple of Charles Sutton medals he's a consummate pro and doesn't get sucked into the nauseating fart sniffing that goes on with the ex-players.

Need more of his type. Get the English guy from the VFL call on the weekend he was great!

Bulldog4life
30-06-2022, 09:53 AM

I'm sure it wasn't just for the headband but it included all the wrestling and shoving Sicily did just before that ripping Naughty's jumper in two.

GVGjr
30-06-2022, 11:37 AM
There is a fair focus in the media at the moment for a send off rule.
If Richmond had won that game would it have so much vigor behind it?

azabob
30-06-2022, 11:59 AM
If Richmond had won that game would it have so much vigor behind it?

Pass on the send off rule.

How many times in the past few years would we have needed it? 3 to 5 at most.

My concern is once it is in, umpires (whoever) may start dishing it out more often that it is needed.

Having a 2 card system would also be a recipe for an epic CF.

Happy Days
30-06-2022, 12:07 PM
Send off rule would be over interpreted and ruin games, just like every other rule carrying a harsh penalty.

How about instead folding the “standard” 12-day concussion protocol on top of any suspension for an incident where the player is concussed? Seems to me to be total bullshit that Preuss can play this week but English can’t, for example.

azabob
30-06-2022, 12:33 PM
Send off rule would be over interpreted and ruin games, just like every other rule carrying a harsh penalty.

How about instead folding the “standard” 12-day concussion protocol on top of any suspension for an incident where the player is concussed? Seems to me to be total bullshit that Preuss can play this week but English can’t, for example.

Not a bad suggestion. On the flip side though you could have the Prestia V Stewart example.

soupman
30-06-2022, 01:52 PM

Yet no annoyance about only 4 weeks for Stewart.

On one hand the act he did was so heinous and horrible that he should have been sent off immediately and Geelong made to play a player short, on the other it's only worth less than 20% of a finals season.

I don't know why (aside from cOnTEnT) there is a discussion over red cards when any kind of genuinely dangerous or malicious act in the AFL generally gets under penalised by the tribunal.

And then there is the matter of what earns a red card and how badly the AFL can stuff up the interpretation. Stewarts was technically in play (I mean grey area enough) so for those arguing it's only for clear off the ball incidents does that mean the incident that is the catalyst for change doesn't even qualify? Where is the hypothetical poorly interpreted line?

I'm not against the intention of the change I just don't want to see the execution massacred again when the real solution is to just really penalise these guys at the tribunal imo.

bornadog
30-06-2022, 02:13 PM
Gill has said a red card system won't happen while he is in charge. Hopefully his replacement feels the same.

Murphy'sLore
30-06-2022, 03:20 PM
Imagine Razor Ray with a red card, the whole team would be sent off.

bornadog
30-06-2022, 06:39 PM

https://c.tenor.com/ejZKqy45tgEAAAAM/lol-laughing.gif

EasternWest
30-06-2022, 09:53 PM

Hey Murph, where you been?

Testekill
01-07-2022, 09:21 AM
So according to the AFL, shoving a player into an umpire is fair game and not only is it just a 1000 dollar fine but you also get to just stroll into an open goal.

GVGjr
01-07-2022, 09:23 AM
So according to the AFL, shoving a player into an umpire is fair game and not only is it just a 1000 dollar fine but you also get to just stroll into an open goal.

It's a strange decision and one that sends mixed messages.

bornadog
01-07-2022, 09:25 AM

Ridiclous - another reason to hate the Admin of the AFL. They have no idea at all.

Bulldog4life
01-07-2022, 09:35 AM
Didn't Greene get 6 weeks for bumping an umpire? This appeared far worse with umpire being bowled over. It also was deliberate.

Grantysghost
01-07-2022, 07:20 PM
Hipwood sent to tribunal :

Direct Referral to the Tribunal:
The incident involving Eric Hipwood, Brisbane Lions, Ryan Gardner, Western Bulldogs, and Umpire Jacob Mollison during the third quarter of the Round 16 match between the Brisbane Lions and the Western Bulldogs, played at the Gabba on Thursday June 30, 2022 has been assessed. The notice of charge has been referred directly to the Tribunal for determination.

Happy Days
01-07-2022, 07:38 PM
Hipwood should get a week for that. It was a really shitty cheap thing to do and can’t be tacitly encouraged by a slap on the wrist.

Grantysghost
01-07-2022, 07:47 PM
Hipwood should get a week for that. It was a really shitty cheap thing to do and can’t be tacitly encouraged by a slap on the wrist.

Agree. The potential for injury was pretty high.

If proven he deliberately intended to push him into the umpire I think 2 weeks is reasonable.

jeemak
01-07-2022, 10:24 PM
He should get at least the same amount that Greene got. Absolute minimum.

Intentionally pushed a player into an umpire and caused a heavy collision. It's a complete wanker act and if the AFL is serious about protecting umpires then they should act strongly here.

Bulldog Joe
02-07-2022, 09:45 AM

Intentionally pushed a player into an umpire and caused a heavy collision. It's a complete wanker act and if the AFL is serious about protecting umpires then they should act strongly here.

Agree with this. If it is deemed deliberate (and it certainly appeared to be) it deserves a minimum 6 weeks.

This was much more dangerous to the umpire than anything I have previously seen at this level.

Bulldog4life
02-07-2022, 10:03 AM
Agree with this. If it is deemed deliberate (and it certainly appeared to be) it deserves a minimum 6 weeks.

This was much more dangerous to the umpire than anything I have previously seen at this level.

Agree too and the fact his team gained out of it on the scoreboard was manifestly wrong too.

Bulldog Joe
02-07-2022, 11:20 AM
Agree too and the fact his team gained out of it on the scoreboard was manifestly wrong too.

While it was wrong, it was pretty hard for the umpires to actually know what happened.

GVGjr
02-07-2022, 12:49 PM

The only problem with that is that he isn't Toby Greene who had been given too many free passes before and it was time for the AFL to take action.

He should get something harsh though, just not sure it should be as harsh as Toby Greene deserved.

jeemak
02-07-2022, 01:19 PM
The only problem with that is that he isn't Toby Greene who had been given too many free passes before and it was time for the AFL to take action.

He should get something harsh though, just not sure it should be as harsh as Toby Greene deserved.

They shouldn't conflate past records when it comes to this in my view. But they probably will.

bornadog
02-07-2022, 04:48 PM
Tod Curley got 4 weeks for accidently bowling an umpire over.

jeemak
02-07-2022, 04:58 PM
Tod Curley got 4 weeks for accidently bowling an umpire over.

Though Todd Curley wasn't playing for a side the AFL is desperate to be relevant and still in it at the pointy end.

GVGjr
05-07-2022, 07:14 PM
Brisbane’s Eric Hipwood has been found guilty of careless contact and fined $2500 at the AFL Tribunal on Tuesday night.

It means Hipwood is free to play against Essendon on Sunday.

The 24-year-old was referred straight to Tribunal over an umpire collision incident against the Western Bulldogs on Thursday night.

The Lions forward’s push on Bulldogs defender Ryan Gardner sent him crashing into umpire Jacob Mollison.

Gardner’s collision with Mollison allowed Hipwood to take a mark unopposed inside 50 and kick a goal in Brisbane’s 41-point win over the Bulldogs.

Grantysghost
05-07-2022, 07:16 PM
Brisbane’s Eric Hipwood has been found guilty of careless contact and fined $2500 at the AFL Tribunal on Tuesday night.

The 24-year-old was referred straight to Tribunal over an umpire collision incident against the Western Bulldogs on Thursday night.

The Lions forward’s push on Bulldogs defender Ryan Gardner sent him crashing into umpire Jacob Mollison.

Gardner’s collision with Mollison allowed Hipwood to take a mark unopposed inside 50 and kick a goal in Brisbane’s 41-point win over the Bulldogs.

Integrity.

bornadog
05-07-2022, 07:17 PM
Integrity.
Weak as P

MrMahatma
05-07-2022, 07:43 PM
Totally sucks cause the bigger penalty was they got a goal!

Bulldog Joe
05-07-2022, 08:37 PM

So it is ok to get an advantage by causing your opponent and an umpire to be taken out simultaneously.

Certainly gives clear licence to to anyone in an important win at all cost position.

Grantysghost
05-07-2022, 08:38 PM
So it is ok to get an advantage by causing your opponent and an umpire to be taken out simultaneously.

Certainly gives clear licence to to anyone in an important win at all cost position.

The Lions would happily pay 2500 / goal.

Libba has to do it this week! Watch him get 10.