PDA

View Full Version : AFL Round 6, 2018 Discussion

Eastdog
29-03-2018, 09:44 PM
ROUND 6, 2018

Friday April 27

Western Bulldogs v Carlton, Etihad Stadium (7.50pm)

Saturday April 28

Geelong v Sydney Swans, GMHBA Stadium (1.45pm)

North Melbourne v Port Adelaide, Etihad Stadium (2.10pm)

GWS Giants v Brisbane Lions, Spotless Stadium (4.35pm)

Hawthorn v St Kilda, UTAS Stadium — Launceston (7.25pm)

Adelaide v Gold Coast Suns, Adelaide Oval (7.40pm)

Sunday April 29

Essendon v Melbourne, Etihad Stadium (1.10pm)

Collingwood v Richmond, MCG (3.20pm)

Fremantle v West Coast Eagles, Perth Stadium (4.40pm)

bornadog
28-04-2018, 05:29 PM
Great win by Sydney after being well behind in the 3rd quarter. Both Scott brothers big losers for the round.

LostDoggy
28-04-2018, 05:31 PM
Geelong coverting a 22 point 3QT lead into a 17 point loss. Should be some golden Chris Scott footage from that quarter.

The bulldog tragician
28-04-2018, 05:32 PM
Great win by Sydney after being well behind in the 3rd quarter. Both Scott brothers big losers for the round.

Really admirable. I noticed how good their foot skills were in patiently holding possession before launching into their forward line. They’re impressive, which makes us blowing our chance against them very frustrating.

bornadog
28-04-2018, 05:37 PM
Really admirable. I noticed how good their foot skills were in patiently holding possession before launching into their forward line. They’re impressive, which makes us blowing our chance against them very frustrating.

Did you notice Geelong constantly bombing the ball into their 50 to no one in particular. :D

Twodogs
28-04-2018, 05:42 PM
That was without Buddy and Kennedy too. Sydney's odds at 3/4 time must have been massive.

The bulldog tragician
28-04-2018, 07:37 PM
Kennedy played didn’t he?
It was great to see Geelong lose. The Scott brother factor, the Joel Selwood factor, their shiny taxpayer funded stadium that costs everyone else a fortune to attend, the annoyingly parochial crowd and armchair ride from the umpires... I could go on...did I mention Joel Selwood? :D

jeemak
28-04-2018, 08:02 PM
Griffen just wound the clock back and kicked a career best goal. Two side steps from a set kick around Lewis Taylor from outside 50m and 15m in from the boundary......

Dry Rot
28-04-2018, 08:31 PM
That was without Buddy and Kennedy too. Sydney's odds at 3/4 time must have been massive.

I think Hannebury was the mid out.

Buddy's temporary absence will be a Godsend to them - learning to find the gaols without him -> less reliance on him.

Flamethrower
28-04-2018, 09:02 PM
Membrey just missed from the goal square....you had to see it to believe it.

Twodogs
28-04-2018, 09:25 PM
It was great to see Geelong lose. The Scott brother factor, the Joel Selwood factor, their shiny taxpayer funded stadium that costs everyone else a fortune to attend, the annoyingly parochial crowd and armchair ride from the umpires... I could go on...did I mention Joel Selwood? :D

Sorry I meant Hannebery. Most of the Sydney midfield are essentially the same person. They just clone them and give them different names.

Did you mention Selwood? Annoying little berk. There's more than one of them at Geelong now too. I tell you it's not natural. Whatever they are doing.

westdog54
29-04-2018, 03:03 AM
Membrey just missed from the goal square....you had to see it to believe it.

I just watched it. I still don't believe it.

merantau
29-04-2018, 07:50 AM
It was so annoying to see Hawthorn win. Not that I like St Kilda much but ... Hawthorn!! NFW!
They were a class above the Saints though.
Alan Richardson ia all class. When Membury hit the post his expression didn’t change - The Sphinx.

ratsmac
29-04-2018, 09:55 AM

Geelong losing to a weak Sydney side at home gives me so much joy.

ratsmac
29-04-2018, 09:56 AM
Griffen just wound the clock back and kicked a career best goal. Two side steps from a set kick around Lewis Taylor from outside 50m and 15m in from the boundary......

Who?? ;)

Rocket Science
29-04-2018, 02:20 PM
Ugh. Dees vs Dons today.

Is it wrong to barrack for knee injuries?

bornadog
29-04-2018, 03:02 PM
Spargo with 2 goals for melbourne in his first game. His Grandfather played for us in the 60s

Twodogs
29-04-2018, 03:09 PM
Spargo with 2 goals for melbourne in his first game. His Grandfather played for us in the 60s

And his great uncle. Did his dad play for North?

I'm trying to think of another player like Gowers who's dad played at a different club to son and then Billy's grandad played for Richmomd, So it's us, Hawthorn and Richmond through the three generations. Are the Spargos the same? Footscray/North/Melbourne.

*i looked it up and Paul Spargo did play for North and Brisbane and Paul is Charlie's dad. So another 3 club Granddad/father/son at 3 different clubs

bornadog
29-04-2018, 03:15 PM
And his great uncle. Did his dad play for North?

I'm trying to think of another player like Gowers who's dad played at a different club to son and then Billy's grandad played for Richmomd, So it's us, Hawthorn and Richmond through the three generations. Are the Spargos the same? Footscray/North/Melbourne.

Yes Paul played for North. Pretty sure we discussed this before, I need to refresh my memory.

EDIT: Bob and Ricky Spargo played for Footscray, Bob's son played for North and now his son plays for Melbourne

ledge
29-04-2018, 04:36 PM
My god I love Essendon losing and Daniher being useless , he finds a new way to stuff up every week, loved his punch into the goal square.
And watching Stringer not chase and dawdle along as his opposition player runs off him is a week to week happening.

Rocket Science
29-04-2018, 05:37 PM
Jeez, after winning the trade period premiership Essendon's going so badly the record reflects they're as shithouse as us.

Wonder if the scribes'll go them accordingly.

Yeah right.

GVGjr
29-04-2018, 06:29 PM
Jeez, after winning the trade period premiership Essendon's going so badly the record reflects they're as shithouse as us.

Yeah right.

Their loss will be attributed to the short break. "Step back son, there is nothing to see here"

jeemak
29-04-2018, 06:30 PM

Yeah right.

Winning trade period and extending the coach’s contract!

bornadog
29-04-2018, 06:34 PM
Their loss will be attributed to the short break. "Step back son, there is nothing to see here"

and Melbourne didn't have a short break :D

macca
29-04-2018, 07:42 PM
Winning trade period and extending the coachÂ’s contract!
2nd quarter , saad drops a simple chest mark , gets tackled and melbourne kick a goal . Stringer kicks 1.1

Yep if thatÂ’s the best for their recruits they can win trade week every time

2nd quarter they weÂ’re incapable of laying a tackle .Â’the honesly do not have a midfield other than heppell
And merrett

Did we get essendonÂ’s 2nd round pick for stringer , which we used for richards?
I never realised footy could be a comedy and a farce (essedon ). The good thing about melb winning is that it gives them a sense of hope. They were woeful in the first quarter and did not look like kicking a goal until 3 essendon defenders fell on TOP of each other

merantau
29-04-2018, 10:26 PM

Bob Spargo wore number 8 and was a terrific centreman. Had tons of pace. I think he made a Stawell Gift final.
He went over to the west as playing coach gor one of the WAFL clubs. He was a great loss.

merantau
29-04-2018, 10:29 PM
Richmond looked good. The Pies tried very hard but still got done by seven. The Pies kept on attacking right to the end so Tigers got some easy goals at the death.

Twodogs
29-04-2018, 11:55 PM
Bob Spargo wore number 8 and was a terrific centreman. Had tons of pace. I think he made a Stawell Gift final.
He went over to the west as playing coach gor one of the WAFL clubs. He was a great loss.

Number 8, the tough man's number. Ricky Kennedy, Danny Southern, Bernard Toohey and Mitch Hahn have all worn number 8 and you wouldn't want to see any of those guys them bearing down on you if you had the ball.

bornadog
30-04-2018, 10:22 AM
Did we get Essendon's 2nd round pick for Stringer , which we used for richards?

We traded for Schache

LostDoggy
30-04-2018, 10:39 AM
We traded for Schache

In short that's true, but the Stringer trade did result in a pick upgrade that ultimately got us Richards.

We traded Stringer for 25 and 30,
We then traded 28, 30 and 2018 2nd rounder for Carltons 16 and 40,
We then traded 25 and 40 for Scache.

The net result was 16 (Richards) and Schache in for Stringer, 28 and 2018 2nd rounder.

bornadog
30-04-2018, 12:22 PM
In short that's true, but the Stringer trade did result in a pick upgrade that ultimately got us Richards.

The net result was 16 (Richards) and Schache in for Stringer, 28 and 2018 2nd rounder.

Thanks PP, I knew I simplified it a bit. :D

I am happy with that if Schache works out. Richards is a beauty and has shown he will be a player.

Mofra
30-04-2018, 12:23 PM

Ina nutshell Essendon sold everything they had for Smith, Stringer and Saad.
We had two first round picks and managed to bring in Schache, Trengove and Crozier.

We get a first rounder and West and Khamis this year too, but really, honestly, I'm happy for Essendon that they 'won trade period'.

Twodogs
30-04-2018, 12:27 PM
Ina nutshell Essendon sold everything they had for Smith, Stringer and Saad.
We had two first round picks and managed to bring in Schache, Trengove and Crozier.

We get a first rounder and West and Khamis this year too, but really, honestly, I'm happy for Essendon that they 'won trade period'.

https://media.tenor.com/images/9baef56e6faabc7a6cae3b0d474c6770/tenor.gif

Murphy'sLore
30-04-2018, 03:35 PM

I used his name for a character in my last book. I like to pop in players' names from time to time.

Twodogs
30-04-2018, 09:38 PM
Vernon Banbury is my favourite name associated with the club. He was a CHF in the VFA years.