PDA

View Full Version : Rate a team in 2008: Brisbane

GVGjr
29-01-2008, 08:25 PM
After a number of years at the top of the table the Lions have started to rebuild and made impressive gains in 2007.
A number of their younger group have started to get a fair bit of senior experience and with a midfield that boasts the likes of Charman, Power, Black and Lappin and a forward line that has Brown, Brennan and Bradshaw with a bit of luck the Lions might be a contender again in 2008.

Where do you see them finishing in 2008?

hujsh
29-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Black, Power, Lappin. Then Johnston, Riscitelli and Selwood makes an excellent midfield. Feeding Brown and Brennan with Bradshaw recovering as the third tall with guys like Hooper at ground level will make them dangerous.

Their defense is interesting. Like Harris did in 06(?) Merritt lead the comp in spoiling but was scored off. Roe is a useful centre half back. This could be the making of those understated defences that work very well.

Top 8

Dogs 24/7
29-01-2008, 08:42 PM
They have gone well but will just miss the 8 in my opinion. Bradshaw is one of the keys. If they can squeeze 50 goals out of him they might sneak into the 8.

BulldogBelle
29-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Matthews has starting reshaping his team - I feel with Bradshaw coming back it will make a huge difference to their team. I see them improving remarkably on last season.

Prediction - Somewhere in the lower half of the 8.

LostDoggy
29-01-2008, 09:10 PM
They need another season rebuilding. 12 to 9

hujsh
29-01-2008, 09:20 PM
I wonder if Bradshaw will play back for a few games?

Mantis
29-01-2008, 09:50 PM
I wonder if Bradshaw will play back for a few games?

Think he might.

I would have thought that Brown, Brennan and Clark would play as the tall forwards with Bradshaw playing a floating role spending more time in defence than up forward.

dog town
01-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Somewhere between 4 and 8 IMO. Brown is fit at this time of the year for the first time in a long time. Johnstone is going to lope around with no tagger and if he does get tagged then it is going to leave someone else. Lethal rebuilds his sides very well.

Dogs 24/7
01-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Somewhere between 4 and 8 IMO. Brown is fit at this time of the year for the first time in a long time. Johnstone is going to lope around with no tagger and if he does get tagged then it is going to leave someone else. Lethal rebuilds his sides very well.

Thats is a very high rating so you must be very impressed with them. I still think they need another year but if Brown is in top form they will be a handful

The Bulldogs Bite
01-02-2008, 10:40 PM
They should improve in all areas of the ground. Several talented youngsters coming through including Leuy, whilst players like Adcock & Riscitelli (sp?) will certainly improve. Sherman is forgotten too; poor '07 but a gun nonetheless IMO. Johnstone is a fine inclusion too.

Bradshaw's coming off a knee so I'd be cautious about predicting the level of impact he can make.

They have quite a few positive signs but they need another year, I think.

6th-9th.

The Underdog
01-02-2008, 11:37 PM
I'm not as high on them as some. I think they'll be on the fringe of the 8 but Bradshaw coming off a reco at his age will do well to have an effect and despite their good seasons last year Black and Lappin are a year older. Johnstone's an ok pick up but they must think they're pretty close to bring in a guy like that. I really like Mitch Clark and if he's fit he could add to them although he's still very inexperienced. Brown is a champ and pretty hard to stop but think they can still be exploited down back. Merrett and Roe are honest triers but not really elite players. They'll be an interesting team.