PDA

View Full Version : Always Right Match Committee - Round 13, 2018 vs Port Adelaide

Eastdog
25-05-2018, 12:49 PM
Welcome to the Always Right Match Committee Thread. This has been named after a long time WOOF member who tragically passed away in March 2018.

Always Right (https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?17881-Vale-always-right)

If you were on the Western Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make for our round 13, 2018 match against Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval?

As always a brief explanation for your changes would add a lot of value to the discussion.

GVGjr
02-06-2018, 04:41 PM
Bump

Mantis
02-06-2018, 05:26 PM
What’s the WR for changes?

All of Boyd, HC, Smith, Lipinski, Dickson, Crozier and maybe 1 or 2 others shouldn’t be playing when we next field a team. Would also love to drop JJ who is going half pace.

GVGjr
02-06-2018, 05:30 PM
In Wallis, Young and Biggs
Out Lipinski, Smith and Dickson

I'll have another look at this later

The Bulldogs Bite
02-06-2018, 05:31 PM
How many can we drop?

JJ would be top of mine. Has there ever been a softer player pull on the jumper? He’s ability to squib a contest to avoid body contact is outstanding.

Roughead is sadly done, HC should be in the WRFL, Dickson injured/retired, Smith WRFL third division, Crozier out, Daniel horribly out of form.

Surely Campbell plays to see if we bother beyond this year. Ditto Webb and Wallis

Twodogs
02-06-2018, 06:45 PM
How many can we drop?

JJ would be top of mine. Has there ever been a softer player pull on the jumper? He’s ability to squib a contest to avoid body contact is outstanding.

Roughead is sadly done, HC should be in the WRFL, Dickson injured/retired, Smith WRFL third division, Crozier out, Daniel horribly out of form.

Surely Campbell plays to see if we bother beyond this year. Ditto Webb and Wallis

He was having a nightmare everytime he touched the ball. But he still managed to stay in contests long enough to lay a goal saving tackle

boydogs
02-06-2018, 07:00 PM
What’s the WR for changes?

Think Brad Scott made 11 in the round before finals, before they brought in the pre-finals bye

G-Mo77
02-06-2018, 07:06 PM
Does it matter? This can't be fixed.

Bring Wallis in, bring Campbell in I don't care who for.

bulldogtragic
02-06-2018, 07:20 PM
Does it matter? This can't be fixed.

Bring Wallis in, bring Campbell in I don't care who for.

Just reading the match report, I agree with your opening point. It's not even shifting deck chairs on the titanic, it's taking people out of the life rafts and putting them back on the titanic. I'm starting to seriously wonder what's happening at the club. There's a tingle of the prelude to Shocktober about the players and games.

azabob
02-06-2018, 07:25 PM
How many can we drop?

In answer to your JJ question maybe his mate Stringer.
Agree with your list and I’d add Dahlhaus to it.

Bullies
02-06-2018, 08:34 PM
Out: Smith, Honeychurch, Dickson, Roughie and Gowers (I still don't see what his guy brings besides his cheapies over the back)
In: Wallis, Jong, Campbell, Webb and Naughton if fit (like shufflng deck chairs on the titanic this team)

hujsh
02-06-2018, 09:18 PM
At this point it's almost about deciding who we're going to keep on the list. Give Campbell a game and see if he's going to be with us next year. Give Wallis and Webb some time to show if they deserve another year. Play HC and RS if you're still unsure where they sit (shouldn't be). Let Boyd and Schache stay forward for the rest of the year.

I don't know. It's hard to care at the moment. I'm enjoying the game about as much as in 2013-14.

Mantis
02-06-2018, 09:23 PM
Out: Smith, Honeychurch, Dickson, Roughie and Gowers (I still don't see what his guy brings besides his cheapies over the back)
In: Wallis, Jong, Campbell, Webb and Naughton if fit (like shufflng deck chairs on the titanic this team)

He's good at giving away silly free kicks.... oh and missing set shots.

AndrewP6
02-06-2018, 09:27 PM

With those "cheapies", he is our leading scorer.

Jeanette54
02-06-2018, 10:12 PM
Perhaps the MC uses a dart board for their selections, its the only way that some of their moves make sense.

Here is what my dartboard says for next week.

B. Williams, Suckling, Wood
HB Morris, Cordy, Richards.
C Hunter, Wallis Macrae
HF Dickson, Boyd, Maclean
F Dalhaus, Schache, Lipinski
R Campbell, Bontempelli, Jong.

IC JJ, Daniels, Gowers, Trengrove or Roughie.

AndrewP6
02-06-2018, 10:21 PM
Perhaps the MC uses a dart board for their selections, its the only way that some of their moves make sense.

Here is what my dartboard says for next week.

B. Williams, Suckling, Wood
HB Morris, Cordy, Richards.
C Hunter, Wallis Macrae
HF Dickson, Boyd, Maclean
F Dalhaus, Schache, Lipinski
R Campbell, Bontempelli, Jong.

IC JJ, Daniels, Gowers, Trengrove or Roughie.

Dicko has done a hammy, doubt he'll be in.

josie
02-06-2018, 10:36 PM
At this point it's almost about deciding who we're going to keep on the list. Give Campbell a game and see if he's going to be with us next year. Give Wallis and Webb some time to show if they deserve another year. Play HC and RS if you're still unsure where they sit (shouldn't be). Let Boyd and Schache stay forward for the rest of the year.

I don't know. It's hard to care at the moment. I'm enjoying the game about as much as in 2013-14.

Agree with this except I am ok with rebuild and am enjoying watching Richards blossom and Moz have an ok return. Also think Macrae and McLean doing well this year. And Schache settling in ok - early days I know. Plenty of guys out of form but thought effort was there from most of the boys today.

Twodogs
02-06-2018, 11:00 PM
He's good at giving away silly free kicks.... oh and missing set shots.

He's given a few fifties away too. He's good at that as well.

Rocco Jones
03-06-2018, 12:11 PM
In- Cordy, Naughton, Wallis
Out- Roughy, Smith, Dickson (inj)

Move Trengove to ruck/fwd.

Boyd v Campbell really depends on what we want going forward. If we are happy-ish with Boyd in terms of effort/think it is best for him to keep playing seniors, then the spot is his. Same if we are planning to delist Campbell at year's end. Otherwise, I'd play Campbell. Really not suited to AFL in 2018 but boy our other options are worse.

kruder
03-06-2018, 01:15 PM
In- Cordy, Naughton, Wallis
Out- Roughy, Smith, Dickson (inj)

Move Trengove to ruck/fwd.

Boyd v Campbell really depends on what we want going forward. If we are happy-ish with Boyd in terms of effort/think it is best for him to keep playing seniors, then the spot is his. Same if we are planning to delist Campbell at year's end. Otherwise, I'd play Campbell. Really not suited to AFL in 2018 but boy our other options are worse.

There in case is the problem. Trengove plays back for two weeks and now you want him to be a ruck forward? Surely he is a defender or nothing. We are long on defenders no doubt about it then he plays in the reserves until someone gets injured.

Tom Campbell is a ruckman has had around 100 hitouts in the last few weeks wouldn't you prefer Tom in the ruck than Trengove?

Hotdog60
03-06-2018, 01:31 PM
If Campbell has such mobility problems why don't we share the ruck duties across the ground. Tell TC to stay outside the 50 arc and ruck that territory. TB does the forward 50 and Trengove can handle the back 50.
It would be nice to see a pure ruckman tap it down the throat of our mids and give first use.

Happy Days
03-06-2018, 02:30 PM
Ins

Campbell, Biggs, Dunkley, Wallis

Outs

Roughead, Smith, Gowers, Dickson

I only saw an abridged version of the game due to study (not that I have to justify myself to any of you) but man Roughead is so done. He can't hold up in the ruck anymore, can't defend and just gets in the way up forward. Campbell has low-key beat the door down and deserves a chance.

Gowers can't play, is utterly infuriating to watch, is still selfish as hell and I don't see the point in persevering with him. Smith isn't any good either and at least Biggs was at one point. Honeychurch is lucky to not be chopped but Jong can come in for him like it really matters.

If Campbell comes in then he has to ruck 85% of the game - Boyd simply has to be played deep forward at this point. It's not like he's going to make our scoring potential any worse. Schache at CHF because he's proving to be a much better kick and a much worse mark than advertised - see him developing more as a Tom Lynch (the crows one) type than a genuine power forward, which I'm pretty okay with.

Twodogs
03-06-2018, 03:44 PM
You're right about Schasche. He's never going to be the Allaisair Lynch type pack smasher but he does get into dangerous positions. As the mids get used to him finding those positions then hopefully they will start looking for him.

bornadog
03-06-2018, 03:52 PM
Tom Campbell is a ruckman has had around 100 hitouts in the last few weeks wouldn't you prefer Tom in the ruck than Trengove?

You are not getting the modern game. Doesn't matter how many hitouts you get. Firstly the HO must go to advantage of your team, and secondly you need to be able to play around the ground like a mid. Grundy is best at this. English is in the making of a good modern day ruckman. Gawn may have won the HO, but Melbourne lost the clearances/Stoppages. Our problem was that when we cleared the ball we butchered it and didn't take advatange of it.

If Campbell is capable of playing well around the ground then great bring him in, otherwise may as well stick to who we have.

comrade
03-06-2018, 04:17 PM
Ins

Campbell, Biggs, Dunkley, Wallis

Outs

Roughead, Smith, Gowers, Dickson

I only saw an abridged version of the game due to study (not that I have to justify myself to any of you) but man Roughead is so done. He can't hold up in the ruck anymore, can't defend and just gets in the way up forward. Campbell has low-key beat the door down and deserves a chance.

Gowers can't play, is utterly infuriating to watch, is still selfish as hell and I don't see the point in persevering with him. Smith isn't any good either and at least Biggs was at one point. Honeychurch is lucky to not be chopped but Jong can come in for him like it really matters.

If Campbell comes in then he has to ruck 85% of the game - Boyd simply has to be played deep forward at this point. It's not like he's going to make our scoring potential any worse. Schache at CHF because he's proving to be a much better kick and a much worse mark than advertised - see him developing more as a Tom Lynch (the crows one) type than a genuine power forward, which I'm pretty okay with.

I don’t disagree with them, both ugh...those ins are so uninspiring. It’s just moving deck chairs on the Titanic at the moment.

kruder
03-06-2018, 04:21 PM
You are not getting the modern game. Doesn't matter how many hitouts you get. Firstly the HO must go to advantage of your team, and secondly you need to be able to play around the ground like a mid. Grundy is bets for this. English is in the making of a good modern day ruckman. Gawn may have won the HO, but Melbourne lost the clearances/Stoppages. Our problem was that when we cleared the ball we butchered it and didn't take advatange of it.

If Campbell is capable of playing well around the ground then great bring him in, otherwise may as well stick to who we have.

No shite sherlock. As usual you miss my point.

Trengove isn't a ruckman and Roughead doesn't have the ability to run out a game of AFL any longer let alone influence one. Ever heard of the term jack of all trades master of none? The fact that he can only last 5minutes playing ruck is causing holes elsewhere. Campbell at least can get some hit outs to advantage and who knows maybe we will win more stoppages? Surely he can play longer than 5 mins in the ruck to to enable Boyd/ Schache to develop some sort of chemistry as discuss in numerous threads.

Until English is back fit I wanna see what Campbell can do, sounds like he was BOG yesterday thats good enough for me.

Happy Days
03-06-2018, 04:34 PM
I don’t disagree with them, both ugh...those ins are so uninspiring. It’s just moving deck chairs on the Titanic at the moment.

I've really thought about it and there is just no excitement from anyone in the seconds at the moment - English and Adams clearly aren't ready/playing, and the rest of the guys are very much known knowns.

The excitement or change has to come from the entrenched 22 guys - I think the best bet is moving back towards more traditional set ups; Dahlhaus and Daniel at the feet of Boyd is the first thing I would do, sack the third tall (Gowers I guess) and allow guys to actually be on the ground when the ball hits it from one of our countless long bombs, move JJ back to the furthest point from goal (where he has the most field in front of him to run into), start with Bont, McLean and Macrae in the middle, roving an actual ruckman (who has to be Campbell for now). Simple things

There's an overwhelming amount of evidence to suggest that the way we structure up isn't really conducive to winning games and it's not going to be fixed by trying to be even clever-er.

bornadog
03-06-2018, 04:37 PM
No shite sherlock. As usual you miss my point.

Trengove isn't a ruckman and Roughead doesn't have the ability to run out a game of AFL any longer let alone influence one. Ever heard of the term jack of all trades master of none? The fact that he can only last 5minutes playing ruck is causing holes elsewhere. Campbell at least can get some hit outs to advantage and who knows maybe we will win more stoppages? Surely he can play longer than 5 mins in the ruck to to enable Boyd/ Schache to develop some sort of chemistry as discuss in numerous threads.

Until English is back fit I wanna see what Campbell can do, sounds like he was BOG yesterday thats good enough for me.

Well you completely missed my point altogether as well, ruckman are irrelevant in the modern game unless they can play like a very tall mid around the ground.

Personally I think Campbell is a good VFL ruckman, but hope I am wrong.

Nuggety Back Pocket
03-06-2018, 05:45 PM
We have been non competitive in the past two weeks and would like to see an overhaul of the team.
In. Campbell Naughton Cordy Dunkley Jong Wallis
Out.Crozier R Smith Boyd Honeychurch Lipinski and Dickson ( inj).

The Adelaide Connection
03-06-2018, 05:58 PM
I am sure there must be rules around how many players you can bring in to play VFL when the AFL have a bye, but I would be sort of tempted to use it as a way to trial a few things and make a few players that have been down earn their spots back.

We are unlikely to make finals (I can't bring myself to say we wont) so why not play them? We can always end their seasons early if they are tired (when we go into full tank mode).

bornadog
03-06-2018, 06:17 PM
I am sure there must be rules around how many players you can bring in to play VFL when the AFL have a bye, but I would be sort of tempted to use it as a way to trial a few things and make a few players that have been down earn their spots back.

We are unlikely to make finals (I can't bring myself to say we wont) so why not play them? We can always end their seasons early if they are tired (when we go into full tank mode).

VFL has a bye as well

azabob
03-06-2018, 06:27 PM
Some of the senior players need a spell. Problem is nothing in the VFL team is allowing the MC to drastically change it up.

We might as well see if Greene can actually make it. He is injury prone but has a knack of kicking goals.

I've had enough of Dahlhaus and Johannisen and their poor skills.

The only thing saving Johannisen is the limited options in the VFL plus he is at least getting the ball and trying to make things happen.

Campbell to ruck 95% game time and allow Boyd & Schache to try and get some chemistry down forward with Greene and Gowers at their feet.

IN: Cordy, Greene, Campbell, Biggs, Wallis, Porter

OUT: Smith, Dickson, Roughead, Crozier, Dahlhaus, Smith,

bornadog
03-06-2018, 06:29 PM
Some of the senior players need a spell. Problem is nothing in the VFL team is allowing the MC to drastically change it up.

We might as well see if Greene can actually make it. He is injury prone but has a knack of kicking goals.

I've had enough of Dahlhaus and Johannisen and their poor skills.

The only thing saving Johannisen is the limited options in the VFL plus he is at least getting the ball and trying to make things happen.

Campbell to ruck 95% game time and allow Boyd & Schache to try and get some chemistry down forward with Greene and Gowers at their feet.

IN: Cordy, Greene, Campbell, Biggs, Wallis, Porter

OUT: Smith, Dickson, Roughead, Crozier, Dahlhaus, Smith,

Were you happy with HC's game?

ReLoad
03-06-2018, 06:47 PM
It’s not an in/out but JJ has to play half back and figure out how to beat a tag.

Ins and outs are now re arranging deck chairs type stuff. :/

Rocco Jones
03-06-2018, 06:48 PM
Honeychurch did offer pressure forward.

bulldogtragic
03-06-2018, 06:57 PM
No changes. Back the 22 in to turn it around, less any forced injury changes.

azabob
03-06-2018, 07:24 PM
Were you happy with HC's game?

No I wasn’t happy with it. But I was less happy with Dahlhaus game.

Do you think Dahlhaus deserves his spot in the 22?

GVGjr
03-06-2018, 08:17 PM
No I wasn’t happy with it. But I was less happy with Dahlhaus game.

Do you think Dahlhaus deserves his spot in the 22?
If we drop Dahlhaus it will open up the debate of if he is a required player. He's been down this season but his last 2 weeks have been a slight improvement.

Before I Die
03-06-2018, 08:46 PM
I greatly admire Dahl's endeavour, but whenever I see him with the ball in hand, unless he is on his knees, I expect to see a turnover. I am only very, very, slightly less concerned when it is Honeychurch.

Twodogs
03-06-2018, 08:52 PM
If we drop Dahlhaus it will open up the debate of if he is a required player. He's been down this season but his last 2 weeks have been a slight improvement.

I'm getting to the don't care stage. Luke's footy has gone backwards the last 18 months and I don't know tgat he wants to change it badly enough.

I think that some footballers need to work in a proper job for 6-12 months in order to fully appreciate the circumstances they find themself in. Dahl strikes me as one of those people.

Ozza
03-06-2018, 10:25 PM
Not sure really how to approach selection as there are many out of form.

Hardest to solve is the ruck division. Roughead is struggling badly. And Tom Boyd, well, its just so disappointing that I’m better to not try and find the words. But until English is fit and realistically until he is further developed - we are going to struggle in this area. To run into Grundy, Gawn - and with Ryder on the horizon - just underlines how far Roughy and Boyd are off being decent Ruckman at the level. I’m not sure Campbell would have done any better - but at some point you have to put the foot down and say we aren’t going to let you stay in the team when you get so badly trounced as a duo.

Wallis and Dunkley, I’m confident, would make us harder to play against for longer. Patty Lipinski is really promising and ran himself into exhaustion again on the weekend (anyone see him with about 5 mins to go trying to chase). He’s running about 15kms a game at the moment on 70% game time. Which says a bit about his athletic traits and his willingness - but on the flip side also tells us that he is likely doing a heap of inefficient running and getting where the ball ain’t. Gowers has either lost an early streak of some form, or has been worked out by opponents now - but probably still prefer him to HC, especially since Dickson is injured again. Such a shame Dicko hasn’t had any continuity since the 2016 finals.

The cupboard is a bit bare - but my approach would be to go with Adelaide with one or two less of the absolute kids - because there is a tipping point when there’s 1 or 2 too many - and a side like Port will feast on that.

The Adelaide Connection
03-06-2018, 11:54 PM
I can't see any short term change we can make that will drastically alter our fortunes, but if Dahlhaus and Bont are indeed injured then I think give them a spell.

I'd love to see Boyd played forward and Lipinski across half forward. I'd love to see Campbell get a crack (not because I think he will be the silver bullet, but I think we need to go back to the mantra of rewarding form and making the 22 feel some heat about their position in the team.

We will never know I guess, but do you think the whole "switch all the assistant coaches around" after the GF was a caper that was too clever by half? Has it hurt the development and form of our players?

I just wonder if the continuity of the same coaches doing the same role with (mostly) the same blokes would have seen us get those extra few wins to play finals last year and would have us playing a brand of footy that seems entirely too easy to play against.

BulldogBelle
04-06-2018, 03:49 AM
I can't see any short term change we can make that will drastically alter our fortunes, but if Dahlhaus and Bont are indeed injured then I think give them a spell.

I'd love to see Boyd played forward and Lipinski across half forward. I'd love to see Campbell get a crack (not because I think he will be the silver bullet, but I think we need to go back to the mantra of rewarding form and making the 22 feel some heat about their position in the team.

We will never know I guess, but do you think the whole "switch all the assistant coaches around" after the GF was a caper that was too clever by half? Has it hurt the development and form of our players?

I just wonder if the continuity of the same coaches doing the same role with (mostly) the same blokes would have seen us get those extra few wins to play finals last year and would have us playing a brand of footy that seems entirely too easy to play against.

Spot on.

Mantis
04-06-2018, 09:44 AM
I greatly admire Dahl's endeavour, but whenever I see him with the ball in hand, unless he is on his knees, I expect to see a turnover. I am only very, very, slightly less concerned when it is Honeychurch.

They're both shocking kicks... I don't think of ever seen someone put as much air under the ball as HC and Dahlhaus is lucky just to fit his foot.

Mofra
04-06-2018, 10:24 AM
Dahl's kicking has gone south this year at a rapid rate of knots. If he can kick over 30m it's only with the aid of a 40m run up and a strong breeze.
I thought Crozier played a much better game.
I understand the desire to get Williams in the middle but he was 11th in the comp for metres gained and moving him out of the position he's playing well in to accommodate Roarke Smith makes little sense, especially considering Roarke is just getting back to footy and hasn't played will in the seniors.

Cordy & Naughton should be right after the bye - for mine they come straight back in.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bonti's put on ice for the rest of the year either.

Our pressure through the middle is terrible and Wallis, for all his faults, laid 10 tackles in his last AFL game. If we're playing a specific pressure player or two we may as well get a guy in that has the runs on the board and who occasionally hits the scoreboard.

We are getting smashed in the ruck as well. Roughy's playing hurt and Boyd only shows glimpses, not sure Campbell will play for us again. I have a sneaking suspicion Trengove will go back into the ruck with Morris, Naughton and Cordy to rotate on the opposition talls which frees Wood up to play a more intercept role and leave us with a couple of genuine running rebounders out of Williams, Richards, JJ, Suckling or Crozier.

Mantis
04-06-2018, 10:33 AM
We are getting smashed in the ruck as well. Roughy's playing hurt and Boyd only shows glimpses, not sure Campbell will play for us again. I have a sneaking suspicion Trengove will go back into the ruck with Morris, Naughton and Cordy to rotate on the opposition talls which frees Wood up to play a more intercept role and leave us with a couple of genuine running rebounders out of Williams, Richards, JJ, Suckling or Crozier.

Given we play Port (Dixon) and North (Brown) in the next 2 weeks after the bye surely we need to play Trengove back for these roles??... but given the way we set-up in defence it doesn't matter I guess as Morris & Wood were often our deepest defenders on McDonald & Hogan and were no chance... Our defence structures & starting points haven't been the same since we changed our line coaches, but hey it's all about coach development isn't it. :rolleyes:

merantau
04-06-2018, 10:51 AM
We can forget about making finals this year. Even if a highly unlikely turn around saw us win 8 from the next 11 games our percentage is so poor we would miss out.
So selections from now on should be made with the future in mind - who stays, who goes and, for some mentioned here, what is their ROLE in the team?
These are the players around whom decisions have to be made: Honeychurch, Campbell, Webb, R. Smith, C. Smith, Dickson, Morris, Adams, Roberts, Jong, Roughead, Lynch (3 yrs on list, yet to play 1sts), Crozier, Biggs, Daniel, Dunckley, Wallis, Dahlhaus, Boyd.
For mine, the last 6 are definitely best 22. We need to work out how best to use them.
One final comment. The decision to swap coaches around has to be the most stupid ever made.

Mofra
04-06-2018, 11:11 AM
Given we play Port (Dixon) and North (Brown) in the next 2 weeks after the bye surely we need to play Trengove back for these roles??... but given the way we set-up in defence it doesn't matter I guess as Morris & Wood were often our deepest defenders on McDonald & Hogan and were no chance... Our defence structures & starting points haven't been the same since we changed our line coaches, but hey it's all about coach development isn't it. :rolleyes:
Morris saved us, instantly looked our best defender after a layoff which is a concern or our other defenders (although going forward I suspect Cordy/Naughton are our preferred younger duo).

If we play all of Morris, Cordy, Naughton and Trengove back we may well be robbed of rebound run.

BulldogBelle
04-06-2018, 01:01 PM
Talking about excitement with a player in the two's.

Lewis Young - Oozes class.
The kid can be anything, only needs experience.

English, Naughton and Richards will complete a quartet of great young players.

If we made our prospective recruits take an IQ test before we drafted them would Gowers have got through?

Mofra
04-06-2018, 01:40 PM
If we made our prospective recruits take an IQ test before we drafted them would Gowers have got through?
We'd be ruling a line through about 80% of footballers if we did that.

Gowers isn't our problem, he presents to the ball carrier and I still have nightmares from 10 years ago when we'd win the ball and screw around with it in the middle because we had nobody to lead to our mid, perhaps Hahn in slow motion if we were lucky.

The game is no longer about dominating hulking KPFs and we've invested heavily in Boyd and taken Schache.
Schache doesn't play much like a KPF from what I've seen which is actually a good thing - plays like a tall linking HF player which is more useful to us.
Boyd is simply lucky we have the worst list of rucks in the competition (Geelong challenger) with English not ready, Roughy looking perpetually injured, Campbell has run over Bevo's cat and Trengove more a back-up than a solution.

Nuggety Back Pocket
04-06-2018, 04:56 PM
Morris saved us, instantly looked our best defender after a layoff which is a concern or our other defenders (although going forward I suspect Cordy/Naughton are our preferred younger duo).

If we play all of Morris, Cordy, Naughton and Trengove back we may well be robbed of rebound run.

If we added Richards Wood and Johaniessen to our defence it just might be possible to try Naughton in attack.

angelopetraglia
04-06-2018, 05:00 PM

The do it in the NFL via the Wonderlic test.

The Wonderlic test best and worse scores :http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2018/02/nfl_combine_2018_wonderlic_tests_best_and_worst_scores_ever. html

The Wonderlic test by football position:
http://ncaahistoryguide.com/nfl-wonderlic-scores-position/

Great game. Predict the Wunderlic test score for AFL players?

BulldogBelle
04-06-2018, 05:04 PM
Campbell has run over Bevo's cat and Trengove more a back-up than a solution.

Its interesting that Campbell gets a lot a bad press in the forums. I am one of the few guys who like him, maybe its because I see him play about every week.

His initial problem was that he played the first quarter well then faded out of the game. He has kicked so many goals in the first quarter, then nothing. Right now he is in top form taking good marks around the ground and having shots at goal from beyond the 50. He is playing the game right out. He is playing better than Roughie too I suppose.

What's the chance that Roughie or Trengove will go out and Campbell come in? Not much chance if we are talking about Bev's poor squashed cat.

Also, at the moment I think that Roberts is our best chance at full-forward. At full-back Roberts has some very good games but tends to drop and fumble the ball pretty easily and fall over his own shadow sometimes when contesting for a mark. But at centre-half-forward Roberts is very dangerous, a good mark and a long accurate kick. He came to us as a forward ( as did Lewis Young). I guess it would be straining it too much to give him a gig at CHF or FF in the seniors.

Mofra
04-06-2018, 05:43 PM
Its interesting that Campbell gets a lot a bad press in the forums. I am one of the few guys who like him, maybe its because I see him play about every week.
I'd be playing him ahead of Roughead right now, but it seems the MC just won't select him.

The Bulldogs Bite
04-06-2018, 06:00 PM
Why did we honestly keep Campbell if we refuse to select him?

Replace Campbell with Roberts' name and the same philosophy applies.

Mind boggling that we re-sign 'senior' players yet even with poor form/injuries we prefer to play kids (English and/or Dunkley/Jong in the ruck previously or Naughton/Young in the back half).

Note: I don't exactly rate either one of them, but if you're going to keep them then maybe play them when their form warrants.....

chef
04-06-2018, 06:15 PM
Maybe thats why Jmac quit.

Remi Moses
04-06-2018, 06:47 PM
If they’re about playing players on form then T.C comes in for Roughead!
Roughead’s been awful
While we’re at it , please play JJ as a back FFS!
I’ve never seen a player look so lost as a forward, it honestly looks like they’ve just dropped in someone from mars and put him on the
Ground

josie
04-06-2018, 10:33 PM

His initial problem was that he played the first quarter well then faded out of the game. He has kicked so many goals in the first quarter, then nothing. Right now he is in top form taking good marks around the ground and having shots at goal from beyond the 50. He is playing the game right out. He is playing better than Roughie too I suppose.

What's the chance that Roughie or Trengove will go out and Campbell come in? Not much chance if we are talking about Bev's poor squashed cat.

Also, at the moment I think that Roberts is our best chance at full-forward. At full-back Roberts has some very good games but tends to drop and fumble the ball pretty easily and fall over his own shadow sometimes when contesting for a mark. But at centre-half-forward Roberts is very dangerous, a good mark and a long accurate kick. He came to us as a forward ( as did Lewis Young). I guess it would be straining it too much to give him a gig at CHF or FF in the seniors.

I attend most vfl home matches and a few away ones (or watch them on line or on tv if broadcast). Wholeheartedly agree. Campbell deserves another shot at it. His marking around ground and 2nd and 3rd efforts when ball hits the turf, let alone his pretty good tap work.... he really has improved. Only way to find out if it translates to seniors is to give him another go. Have also like Roberts as a forward at vfl level - only problem is if he and Boyd and Schache play they are not quick (actually Schache does look reasonably mobile but needs to be more aggressive). I would like to see Cordy in forward role a bit too - he was good in that role in finals in 2016. And as mentioned in other posts I think we really need to give Webb a decent run at it as a midfielder and in forward half in seniors.

Against Port I would play Campbell and Webb and drop Roughy, Dickson injured. Possibly drop Daniel or JJ and give Wallis a go. If JJ not dropped needs to be played half back.

And for goodness sake please keep at least one of our players in forward half so we have someone to kick to when there is a turnover or quick break for us.

Ozza
04-06-2018, 11:01 PM
If we added Richards Wood and Johaniessen to our defence it just might be possible to try Naughton in attack.

Respect your view NBP, but can’t agree there on Naughton. We’ve found a kid with a clear aptitude for playing in defence, reading the play and being a genuine intercept marking player. Let’s not mess this one up by throwing him around!!

Nuggety Back Pocket
04-06-2018, 11:16 PM
Respect your view NBP, but can’t agree there on Naughton. We’ve found a kid with a clear aptitude for playing in defence, reading the play and being a genuine intercept marking player. Let’s not mess this one up by throwing him around!!

My theory was that our defence and centre line is pretty much settled but our forward line is a shambles. We simply do not have one class forward. For a team that regularly gets plenty of ball in our forward 50, the conversion rate has been a disaster.

Mantis
05-06-2018, 09:38 AM
My theory was that our defence and centre line is pretty much settled but our forward line is a shambles. We simply do not have one class forward. For a team that regularly gets plenty of ball in our forward 50, the conversion rate has been a disaster.

And how does the ball enter the F50? To my eye it's either bombed on top of someone's head or kicked along the ground.

And no idea how you think the backline is settled, we had about 10-12 players go through that zone on the weekend and not many of them beat their man.

bornadog
05-06-2018, 10:12 AM
And how does the ball enter the F50? To my eye it's either bombed on top of someone's head or kicked along the ground.

The stats show that we are 4th in the AFL for marks inside 50, which we have not achieved for a long time. Our issue is still kicking goals, with 104 goals scored and 134 behinds. You look at Westcoast and they have kicked 164 goals and 119 behinds.

Mantis
05-06-2018, 10:19 AM
The stats show that we are 4th in the AFL for marks inside 50, which we have not achieved for a long time. Our issue is still kicking goals, with 104 goals scored and 134 behinds. You look at Westcoast and they have kicked 164 goals and 119 behinds.

Do you have access to the stats for individual games? I would think that in our wins (against the poor teams) we would have a much higher percentage than in our losses (against decent opposition)... have the feeling that when the oposition's pressure increases our ability to hit targets I50 drops away.

No doubt about the conversion stats through, as we all know it's pathetic how bad we kick for goal.

bornadog
05-06-2018, 10:33 AM
Do you have access to the stats for individual games? I would think that in our wins (against the poor teams) we would have a much higher percentage than in our losses (against decent opposition)... have the feeling that when the oposition's pressure increases our ability to hit targets I50 drops away.

No doubt about the conversion stats through, as we all know it's pathetic how bad we kick for goal.

Here are some more stats for you:

We are overall 5th in Clearances, 4th in Stoppages. Cont Poss we were near the bottom, but now moving up to 11th and improving. Now we need to convert goals better and we can start winning in the second half.

Against Melbourne we beat them in clearances, centre clearances and stoppages, but those turnovers killed us. Marks inside 50, Melbourne are number one.

Mofra
05-06-2018, 11:09 AM
I’ve never seen a player look so lost as a forward, it honestly looks like they’ve just dropped in someone from mars and put him on the Ground
I have. Easton Wood earlier this year.

The bulldog tragician
05-06-2018, 11:49 AM

That’s surprising. While our goal kicking is atrocious, does this also reflect that forwards get pushed wide, rushed behinds etc?

bornadog
05-06-2018, 11:58 AM
That’s surprising. While our goal kicking is atrocious, does this also reflect that forwards get pushed wide, rushed behinds etc?

Maybe that is correct, ie a lot of wide shots.

On Saturday Roarke Smith was 40 metres out, and my mates said, "he won't kick it", someone said "he will hit the past", and the ten year old mates friend said "nah it will be out on the full". In the end he couldn't even make the bloody distance.

Mofra
05-06-2018, 12:23 PM

On Saturday Roarke Smith was 40 metres out, and my mates said, "he won't kick it", someone said "he will hit the past", and the ten year old mates friend said "nah it will be out on the full". In the end he couldn't even make the bloody distance.
We just laughed, that's how bad an attempt it was.

Mantis
05-06-2018, 12:33 PM
We just laughed, that's how bad an attempt it was.

It was lucky to hit his foot!

I don't see what the MC see in Roarke, he has lost what little pace he had and just freezes when he gets the ball.. Injuries have cruelled him, but the game stops for no-one so I think it's time we look to develop others.

bulldogtragic
05-06-2018, 12:46 PM
I'm struggling to remember a year when so many players haven't made the distance from around 40 metres out. Honeychurch & Dahl in particular. I think it was the Sydney game when many just couldn't make the distance, which cost us that win and inject some belief into the team.

Mofra
05-06-2018, 01:41 PM

I don't see what the MC see in Roarke, he has lost what little pace he had and just freezes when he gets the ball.. Injuries have cruelled him, but the game stops for no-one so I think it's time we look to develop others.
It's a weird one because he had something like two VFL games then was straight in, in a position we're well set for.

I would have thought Biggs can play the position better - pushing JJ & Williams up the ground to play Roarke doesn't make sense. I respect what he's had to go through to get to where he is but it's like a budget version of Wood.
Williams, Crozier, Suckling, Richards, Wood and JJ were all in the side last weekend. Respectfully, we lose nothing by omitting him for next game.

Bullies
05-06-2018, 05:43 PM

I don't see what the MC see in Roarke, he has lost what little pace he had and just freezes when he gets the ball.. Injuries have cruelled him, but the game stops for no-one so I think it's time we look to develop others. I feel exactly the same with Gowers. No idea what he brings. His kicking is ordinary and beside giving away frees and 50's. I know he leads our goal kicking but most of those are cheapies over the back and junk time goals.

FrediKanoute
05-06-2018, 11:03 PM

I saw that. He was beat before he'd kicked the ball. Swirling it in his hands. No routine, no method,just a hope!

FrediKanoute
05-06-2018, 11:06 PM
I feel exactly the same with Gowers. No idea what he brings. His kicking is ordinary and beside giving away frees and 50's. I know he leads our goal kicking but most of those are cheapies over the back and junk time goals.

I tend to agree. I think what excited people early was Gowers ability to do some things that were really good and almost unexpected which led to the belief that with some experience and some confidence he would settle down.

The problem was, the wonderful mark would be let down by the woeful kick for goal - this hasn't improved at all. Gowers is not the answer to our goal kicking woes. One of the most disheartening things in footy is where a forward wastes the teams hard work and unfortunately Gowers does this time and time again.

westbulldog
06-06-2018, 12:08 PM
I would persevere with Gowers for awhile yet, yes he makes some errors but he also has a crack and shows some much needed aggression. The only 2 reliable kicks for goal with a good technique are Dickson and Schache. Ashley Hansen is the forward coach and the stats say he has failed in most forward line respects, in particular goal kicking technique.

GVGjr
06-06-2018, 02:56 PM
I would persevere with Gowers for awhile yet, yes he makes some errors but he also has a crack and shows some much needed aggression. The only 2 reliable kicks for goal with a good technique are Dickson and Schache. Ashley Hansen is the forward coach and the stats say he has failed in most forward line respects, in particular goal kicking technique.

I'd try and give him an extended run and it doesn't necessarily need to be just as a forward. He confirmed last night he's played a bit as a defender. We might as well keep playing him which might fast track his development.

Mantis
06-06-2018, 03:18 PM
I'd try and give him an extended run and it doesn't necessarily need to be just as a forward. He confirmed last night he's played a bit as a defender. We might as well keep playing him which might fast track his development.

They have been running him through the midfield a bit over the last few weeks, but he hasn't been really effective as I don't think he has the tank to allow him to give repeat efforts.

Not sure we want to try him in defence as we already have more than enough options for that area of the ground.

Twodogs
07-06-2018, 12:06 AM
Gowers is a much better field kick on the run than he is when he has time to think about a set shot.

MrMahatma
07-06-2018, 12:50 AM
Gowers is a much better field kick on the run than he is when he has time to think about a set shot.

Well, he couldn't be worse.

He's genuinely the worst set shot at goal I've seen. I've been a fan but personally now think we play him this year if form warrants but then delist him if he can't kick for goal.

I don't know why the coaches always get slammed about players being unable to kick for goal. Surely a bike like Gowers spends his day off and spare time trying to improve the thing that'll determine whether he has a footy career or has to go in another direction which would also ultimately mean he needs to study and learn in his own time...

jeemak
07-06-2018, 02:20 AM

He's genuinely the worst set shot at goal I've seen. I've been a fan but personally now think we play him this year if form warrants but then delist him if he can't kick for goal.

I don't know why the coaches always get slammed about players being unable to kick for goal. Surely a bike like Gowers spends his day off and spare time trying to improve the thing that'll determine whether he has a footy career or has to go in another direction which would also ultimately mean he needs to study and learn in his own time...

He probably does practice on his days off. And misses, just like the rest of them. In light of that.........

SlimPickens
07-06-2018, 08:27 AM

He's genuinely the worst set shot at goal I've seen. I've been a fan but personally now think we play him this year if form warrants but then delist him if he can't kick for goal..

Sorry to tell you but you’re wrong, Luke Dahlhaus is the worst shot for goal you’ve ever seen.

azabob
07-06-2018, 10:12 AM
Sorry to tell you but you’re wrong, Luke Dahlhaus is the worst shot for goal you’ve ever seen.

Yep. No doubt about that.

Bulldog4life
07-06-2018, 11:03 AM

He isn't even the worse shot in the team! He is leading our goal kicking kicking 14 goals 10 behinds. I have seen many many worse shots for goal over the years. I get it you don't like it but worse shot ever, please.

Mantis
07-06-2018, 11:33 AM
He isn't even the worse shot in the team! He is leading our goal kicking kicking 14 goals 10 behinds. I have seen many many worse shots for goal over the years. I get it you don't like it but worse shot ever, please.

Be interested to see the breakdown of his goals into the following categories:

Joe-the-gooses?
Set-shots from 1-20m?
Set shots from 20m+?
Broken play?

Axe Man
07-06-2018, 11:51 AM

I don't mind Gowers and reckon is kicking is just inconsistent rather than consistently terrible like Dahlhaus. However his accuracy isn't quite as high as those stats show as he has had 31 shots at goal for that 14.10, so only going at 45%.

Bulldog4life
07-06-2018, 11:53 AM
Be interested to see the breakdown of his goals into the following categories:

Joe-the-gooses?
Set-shots from 1-20m?
Set shots from 20m+?
Broken play?

Yes would be. From a positive point of view he does get into position to kick the Joe's.

Mantis
07-06-2018, 12:01 PM
Yes would be. From a positive point of view he does get into position to kick the Joe's.

Well done Billy on being a lazy bugger and hanging out the back for a cheapie.. Keep up the good work!

Mofra
07-06-2018, 12:48 PM
Well done Billy on being a lazy bugger and hanging out the back for a cheapie.. Keep up the good work!
If he's running hard enough to make leads then doubling back that's underselling him a fair bit.

He's a rookie who cost us little leading our goalkicking, in a team that is woeful ahead of the ball. We should be happy we actually have someone showing a slight semblance of forward craft because for all his faults he's ahead of so many others on our list right now.
If Webb showed half the ability to transition to AFL level we'd be doing cartwheels.

S Coast Simon
07-06-2018, 12:50 PM
Would love to see his aggression in the center occasionally. I personally really like what he’s been doing. Not the best at anything but is at least hurting the opposition when he gets the chance. How good wood it be to see him crunch Dangerfield coming out of the center. Put him opponent side and smash whoever comes out with the ball. Sure a few free kicks but also some hesitation from the opposition

Bulldog4life
07-06-2018, 01:37 PM
If he's running hard enough to make leads then doubling back that's underselling him a fair bit.

He's a rookie who cost us little leading our goalkicking, in a team that is woeful ahead of the ball. We should be happy we actually have someone showing a slight semblance of forward craft because for all his faults he's ahead of so many others on our list right now.
If Webb showed half the ability to transition to AFL level we'd be doing cartwheels.

Well put Mofra. There are some negative nancies on this forum.

Topdog
07-06-2018, 02:07 PM
Gowers is an awful kick but he is so far from our biggest problem. Leads well, contests well and is far from lazy.

Mantis
07-06-2018, 02:22 PM

That says more about the make up our list than the quality of Gowers. With Smith, Picken and Dickson all injured we have pretty much no other small/ mid sized forwards available bar Greene who is exactly that.

jeemak
07-06-2018, 02:31 PM
That says more about the make up our list than the quality of Gowers. With Smith, Picken and Dickson all injured we have pretty much no other small/ mid sized forwards available bar Greene who is exactly that.

You might argue that with two of those three in, Gowers productivity could increase rather than be hampered.

merantau
07-06-2018, 08:22 PM
I would definitely persevere with Gowers. He is young and he has a bit of mongrel about him. He has clean hands and can mark above his head. He is going to be a good player for us, mark my words.
PS. You can put the humble pie on hold. I'm confident I won't be eating it!

G-Mo77
07-06-2018, 08:29 PM
Why on Earth did they run him through the midfield? Sure he has some weaknesses but has always presented well, makes a contest and can actually take a grab.

Mantis
12-06-2018, 10:16 AM
Looks like the weather is going to be similar to our recent game over there against Adelaide. How do we set the team up differently so we can play to the conditions?

Whilst I wasn't keen on him initially I think Campbell comes in.. Also feel we need to play Jong too.

bornadog
12-06-2018, 01:58 PM
Looks like the weather is going to be similar to our recent game over there against Adelaide. How do we set the team up differently so we can play to the conditions?

Whilst I wasn't keen on him initially I think Campbell comes in.. Also feel we need to play Jong too.

We need to go in small, plus we need to think about who takes Dixon when he plays forward.

We know Dickson and Morris are out.

G-Mo77
12-06-2018, 02:11 PM

Campbell, Roberts, Naughton and Adams in for Daniel, JJ, Dahlhaus and Richards.

Beat them with height in the wet. :)

Axe Man
12-06-2018, 02:22 PM
We need to go in small, plus we need to think about who takes Dixon when he plays forward.

We know Dickson and Morris are out.

Trengove is the obvious matchup, with Cordy and Naughton probably available to return. For mine Cordy to replace Morris and Naughton to resume in the VFL after a fairly long layoff.

Dixon has only kicked 8 goals in 11 games this year and never more than 1 goal in a game so hopefully he doesn't re-discover his form against us.

If the weather forecast remains the same I would consider dropping Roughy and have Boyd ruck with support from Schache.

Mantis
12-06-2018, 04:08 PM
If the weather forecast remains the same I would consider dropping Roughy and have Boyd ruck with support from Schache.

Boyd has been pretty disappointing in the ruck in the last few weeks so if he plays it has to be primarily as a forward. I would be going with Campbell with support from Boyd, but expecting Campbell to play 80% game time in the ruck.

I have serious reservations in playing Schache in heavy conditions, but we don't have many options up front.

Axe Man
12-06-2018, 06:29 PM
Boyd has been pretty disappointing in the ruck in the last few weeks so if he plays it has to be primarily as a forward. I would be going with Campbell with support from Boyd, but expecting Campbell to play 80% game time in the ruck.

I have serious reservations in playing Schache in heavy conditions, but we don't have many options up front.

I don't mind if Campbell gets a game but then one of Boyd or Schache needs to go if it's as wet as it was when we played the Crows.

I think three players 200cm or thereabouts playing ruck or forward will be too tall for those conditions.

Go_Dogs
12-06-2018, 07:09 PM
In:-
Wallis, Young, Dunkley, Campbell

Out:-
Dickson, Morris, Roughead, Smith

Wallis to tag Wines

Young to take Morris' spot

Dunkley to play forward and work up hard with aerial contests on the wing and towards our D50

Campbell gets his shot in place of Rough

Williams resumes his life as a defender

If Bont is fit enough to play, I'd like to see him do a bit of work on Westhoff who is having a very good season and spending time all over the ground.

bornadog
12-06-2018, 07:34 PM

Wallis to tag Wines

Dunkley to play forward and work up hard with aerial contests on the wing and towards our D50

If Bont is fit enough to play, I'd like to see him do a bit of work on Westhoff who is having a very good season and spending time all over the ground.

Suckling a possible out

Throughandthrough
13-06-2018, 08:45 AM
Storms, rain, thunder lightning and 50 Kph winds forecast I may just stay home and watch on tv

Mantis
13-06-2018, 10:16 AM

Wallis to tag Wines

No Cordy?

Don't mind your ins, but prefer Jong in place of Wallis to play the same role.

LostDoggy
13-06-2018, 10:17 AM
I think a few down on form pre-bye will get another chance after a freshen up.

With Morris a certain out, I'd think Cordy is his natural replacement.

With Dickson out, I'd think Jong could add the most. Thinking back to the Adelaide game, I think his pace, big midfield body and aerial competitiveness will be useful. A night to just bang the ball forward rather than overthink the disposal should be good for him also.

westdog54
13-06-2018, 10:30 AM

Wallis to tag Wines

I like those changes. Williams was outstanding defending in heavy conditions in Adelaide.

bornadog
13-06-2018, 10:35 AM
Storms, rain, thunder lightning and 50 Kph winds forecast I may just stay home and watch on tv

Weak :D

Axe Man
13-06-2018, 11:26 AM

Wallis to tag Wines

I have seen nothing from Young this year that would get him selected before Cordy and Naughton. The only thing that works in his favour is his long sleeve jumper could come in handy given the predicted conditions.

The day Bont tags Justin Westhoff is the day I give up watching footy and start following the extreme ironing league.

Throughandthrough
13-06-2018, 11:48 AM
Weak :D

Your right. I’m in! I fly to Melbourne for matches , and work ten minutes from Adelaide Oval so I should go

bornadog
13-06-2018, 12:24 PM
Your right. I’m in! I fly to Melbourne for matches , and work ten minutes from Adelaide Oval so I should go

I was joking, but knew you would go.

bornadog
13-06-2018, 12:47 PM
From Bevo's Press Conference

* Naughton will have another week off, Cordy to come.

* We’ll have a different look to our line-up when we head across there for tomorrow night. We’ve learnt from last time when we played across at Adelaide Oval in the wet

Axe Man
13-06-2018, 12:55 PM
For Port Jack Watts and Jake Neade have been dropped and defender Tom Jonas will miss with "a little hammy".

The ins are Lindsay Thomas, Todd Marshall and Jack Hombsch.

LostDoggy
13-06-2018, 01:02 PM
Jonas out is a plus for us. On the AFL website they reckon he'd be leading their b&f. Don't often wish good luck to opposition players, but amazing to see Todd Marshall back so quickly. Good luck to him.

Happy Days
13-06-2018, 01:26 PM
Yeah Jonas out is big - he's been just about the best key defender in the competition this year, and Port are pretty threadbare down back key position-wise.

Not that it matters at all given the expected weather and who they're playing (us), but it's a theoretical plus.

Happy Days
13-06-2018, 05:42 PM
Biggs is on the plane to Adelaide

josie
13-06-2018, 05:48 PM
What are odds of Thomas doing something silly? Just hope he does not hurt one of our players or one of ours taking revenge.

bornadog
13-06-2018, 07:27 PM
In Wallis, Biggs, Webb and Cordy

out Dickson Suckling Morris all injured and Roughead

westdog54
13-06-2018, 07:36 PM
Roughead dropped. Statement made?

Happy Days
13-06-2018, 07:37 PM

Is it really that much of a statement? He's long used any credits he had accumulated, and hasn't been the same player since the 3rd man up was legislated out of the game.

I think it's a decision that's wholly merit-based.

Axe Man
13-06-2018, 07:49 PM
Is it really that much of a statement? He's long used any credits he had accumulated, and hasn't been the same player since the 3rd man up was legislated out of the game.

Also to do with the conditions and going with a smaller team in the wet I would think.

westdog54
13-06-2018, 08:54 PM

Don't get me wrong, I agree it's merit based. Moreso a statement that veterans will be expected to perform as there are others waiting.

Nuggety Back Pocket
13-06-2018, 08:58 PM

Tom Boyd is lucky. He hasn’t been any better.
Our lack of depth with so many injuries to key players is a huge concern.
Crozier R. Smith Honeychurch and Webb all have plenty to prove.

bornadog
13-06-2018, 08:58 PM
Don't get me wrong, I agree it's merit based. Moreso a statement that veterans will be expected to perform as there are others waiting.

Last time we were too tall in the wet.

Eastdog
13-06-2018, 09:12 PM
Last time we were too tall in the wet.

I don't think rain wise it will be as bad as last time. I hope if it does rain we handle the conditions a lot better.

azabob
13-06-2018, 09:41 PM
I don't think rain wise it will be as bad as last time. I hope if it does rain we handle the conditions a lot better.

Are you sure Mike Larkin?

The Adelaide Connection
13-06-2018, 09:55 PM

They are predicting it is going to be like that end scene from Ghostbusters. I have a bad feeling that the keymaster will find the gatekeeper and we will end up crossing the streams. I will be there but I think it's going to get ugly.

Ozza
13-06-2018, 10:13 PM
We’ve been very ordinary in the wet, I hope its not too bad.

Remi Moses
13-06-2018, 10:13 PM
Are you sure Mike Larkin?

Blimey , don’t wish that on anyone !!
The worst “ Dad” jokes humanly possible that man

Remi Moses
13-06-2018, 10:15 PM
Could have been Boyd or Roughead .
Campbell’s stiffed because of the conditions , and happy Wallis is in .
Big loss Suckling , he’s been good this year . Let’s hope we don’t play that dumb over possession game in the wet again

ratsmac
14-06-2018, 06:52 PM
We’ve been very ordinary in the wet, I hope its not too bad.

We've been horrible in the dry too. :D

ratsmac
14-06-2018, 06:53 PM
Port are mad for dropping Watts. He always seems to kick a few against us.

Sedat
14-06-2018, 10:34 PM