PDA

View Full Version : AFL Round 12, 2018

Eastdog
30-05-2018, 09:17 PM
ROUND 12, 2018

Friday June 8

Port Adelaide v Richmond, Adelaide Oval (7.50pm)

Saturday June 9

Geelong v North Melbourne, GMHBA Stadium (1.45pm)

GWS Giants v Gold Coast Suns, Spotless Stadium (4.35pm)

St Kilda v Sydney Swans, Etihad Stadium (7.25pm)

Sunday June 10

Brisbane Lions v Essendon, Gabba (1.10pm)

Fremantle v Adelaide, Perth Stadium (4.40pm)

Monday June 11

Melbourne v Collingwood, MCG (3.20pm)

Byes: Carlton, Hawthorn, West Coast Eagles, Western Bulldogs

Eastdog
08-06-2018, 12:05 PM
Bump

Rocket Science
08-06-2018, 01:53 PM
Bye round gives me the shits. Whose wayward kicking will I angst about to stay warm this weekend?

Hurry up and get in the bin season 2018.

hujsh
08-06-2018, 07:28 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates the week off.

westdog54
08-06-2018, 09:55 PM
Jared Polec is having a massive purple patch after a bake from the coach. Richmond are being exposed without Dusty.

ratsmac
08-06-2018, 10:29 PM
This has got premiership hangover written all over this.

bornadog
08-06-2018, 11:36 PM
Unfortunately we play over there next week

Twodogs
09-06-2018, 12:20 AM
Unfortunately we play over there next week

It's kind of quaint of you to think that where we play Port is going to have any material effect on the result of the game.

Remi Moses
09-06-2018, 12:35 PM
Watched the second half
Just proves you need your clubs best on the park
No dusty Houli and Prestia and Richmond look vulnerable.
Thought the result flattered Richmond

Remi Moses
09-06-2018, 12:36 PM
This has got premiership hangover written all over this.

Signs just like us last year in that they go missing in parts .
Player availability is the key

boydogs
09-06-2018, 04:44 PM
Port are very good. Good chance to win it this year

bulldogtragic
09-06-2018, 08:02 PM
I think it's time the AFEL reconsider the GCS. They're fast becoming like every other GC sporting team. A joke on the verve of extinction. For their credibility, they should move that 18th licence elsewhere, and quickly.

chef
09-06-2018, 08:05 PM
And the Giants. Kyabram Bombers pull a bigger crowd than that.

Rocket Science
09-06-2018, 08:45 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/r8icmp.png

Fold them and give us Harbrow back ya bastards.

bulldogtragic
09-06-2018, 08:48 PM
So GCS are 111 year record breakers!!

Time Sam Power just stood next to their players entry at Metricon handing out business cards. Surely the players are smart enough to jump ship now.

Sedat
09-06-2018, 09:27 PM
So GCS are 111 year record breakers!!
It gets better - they've lost more games by 100+ points than Collingwood, who gave them a 114 year head start.

Remi Moses
09-06-2018, 09:33 PM
Disgrace that there isn’t a team in Tas
Turn off the lights and shut the doors

EasternWest
09-06-2018, 09:35 PM
Why are the Saints so bad?

bulldogtragic
09-06-2018, 09:36 PM
It gets better - they've lost more games by 100+ points than Collingwood, who gave them a 114 year head start.

These stats are just so damning on that organisation. I get the need to expand for the TV rights. Every other code tried a GC team and failed, and the AFEL should have sat GC out. But noooo, the AFEL had to go and stuff it up. I just can't see them being sustainable, moreso being their captain looks to on the way out already. Merge them with Brisbane, send the licence and players to Tassie (stuffing Hawthorn & North :D ) or dissolve them and give all clubs 2-3 players each.

Happy Days
09-06-2018, 11:35 PM

Because of those damn umpires!

Twodogs
10-06-2018, 01:05 AM

Did anyone truly think they would be any good this season?

ledge
10-06-2018, 09:24 AM

With the coach being there 4 years,you were seeing some improvement last year but they have gone backwards this year , okay they lost two great players but that should have been prepared for 3 years ago.
I'm not liking Richos chances of surviving when it's this bad.
They have very good players when you look individually but I don't see a game plan ( which should be apparent by now) they look like chickens with their heads chopped off. I don't believe they have connected with Richos ideas or can operate it.

G-Mo77
10-06-2018, 10:29 AM

I thought they would be around the same level as last season. They'll beat us though, bookmark it.

Remi Moses
10-06-2018, 12:08 PM
I thought the same . Is it coaching ? Or talent ?
I think they’re bland and have so many similar types in the midfield
Besides Steven , they’re all the same . Players have gone backwards
Billings, Acres , Membrey among others . Carlisle’s been good , but Brown runs on tram tracks

Rocket Science
10-06-2018, 01:37 PM
I thought the same . Is it coaching ? Or talent ?
I think they’re bland and have so many similar types in the midfield
Besides Steven , they’re all the same . Players have gone backwards
Billings, Acres , Membrey among others . Carlisle’s been good , but Brown runs on tram tracks

Hang on are we talking the Aints or the Dogs here?

Twodogs
10-06-2018, 01:50 PM
With the coach being there 4 years,you were seeing some improvement last year but they have gone backwards this year , okay they lost two great players but that should have been prepared for 3 years ago.
I'm not liking Richos chances of surviving when it's this bad.
They have very good players when you look individually but I don't see a game plan ( which should be apparent by now) they look like chickens with their heads chopped off. I don't believe they have connected with Richos ideas or can operate it.

In my opinion St Kilda are just a shit football club that have constantly send out crap teams and then wonder why they have no success. They don't see it like that though and constantly excuse their poorly performing "stars". It's a sort of arrogance that will keep them firmly out of the winners aisle forever. That arrogance was ably displayed by Ross Lyon when he refused to bring Luke Ball onto the ground in the last quarter. I can remember seeing Ball sitting on the I/C bench and thinking "Ball has been pretty much BOG so far, so why has Lyon left him on the bench?" and looking over and Ball is still sitting on the pine.

If I were a St Kilda supporter I would hold Ross Lyon personally responsible for not having won the flag that day. No matter about Scarlett's toe poke (as good as it was it should never have come down to it, St Kilda should have been comfortably in control by that stage) Geelong scored 3 goals to none in that last quarter, and it was Lyon's fault.

Th

ledge
10-06-2018, 04:09 PM
In my opinion St Kilda are just a shit football club that have constantly send out crap teams and then wonder why they have no success. They don't see it like that though and constantly excuse their poorly performing "stars". It's a sort of arrogance that will keep them firmly out of the winners aisle forever. That arrogance was ably displayed by Ross Lyon when he refused to bring Luke Ball onto the ground in the last quarter. I can remember seeing Ball sitting on the I/C bench and thinking "Ball has been pretty much BOG so far, so why has Lyon left him on the bench?" and looking over and Ball is still sitting on the pine.

If I were a St Kilda supporter I would hold Ross Lyon personally responsible for not having won the flag that day. No matter about Scarlett's toe poke (as good as it was it should never have come down to it, St Kilda should have been comfortably in control by that stage) Geelong scored 3 goals to none in that last quarter, and it was Lyon's fault.

Th
I think you will find that club has had a bad culture long before Lyon got there , for what it's worth Lyon might have stuffed up with Ball on that occasion but he got them to a grand final.
Saints have a culture similar to us before Rocket Eade came on board.
Will they change ? Who knows.
I also noticed that Bains was doing the job of 3 at the club before he came over to us so it also might be they aren't employing Enough people in other areas that help footballers prepare like other clubs have.

Remi Moses
10-06-2018, 07:11 PM
Love Adam Cera at the dogs
That kids going to be a star
Hasn’t re-signed either

Twodogs
10-06-2018, 07:15 PM
I think you will find that club has had a bad culture long before Lyon got there , for what it's worth Lyon might have stuffed up with Ball on that occasion but he got them to a grand final.
Saints have a culture similar to us before Rocket Eade came on board.
Will they change ? Who knows.
I also noticed that Bains was doing the job of 3 at the club before he came over to us so it also might be they aren't employing Enough people in other areas that help footballers prepare like other clubs have.

Personally I would rather he hadn't got my team into a grand final if he's just going to coach the victory away. You don't get anything for second prize, nada, nothing, zilch. He cost them the game, what was the point of them making it in the first place if he was just going to snatch the victory away from them? It was just extra pain for them that they could have done without.

Win the game, great. Lose a grand final and you just wish you hadn't made it.

Remi Moses
10-06-2018, 07:20 PM
My god the outrage if this was Moorabbin online!
This site would have just imploded with rage

Sedat
10-06-2018, 07:20 PM
Their board think they are a top 4 team - lol

Remi Moses
10-06-2018, 07:25 PM
Hang on are we talking the Aints or the Dogs here?

Just quietly , I know a few and if you’d offered up a flag they’d have bitten your hand off if the downside was a slip down the ladder

bulldogtragic
10-06-2018, 08:10 PM
Good win by Freo. That looks to lock us into pick 5 now. That's about the most positive thing I can think of in the totality of wins/losses/form this year.

Flamethrower
10-06-2018, 09:40 PM
The Carrara Koalas still have 3 winnable games - Aints, Tragics & BrisVegas at home & a possible 4th one against the Bombres - can see them leapfrogging us by season's end.

bornadog
10-06-2018, 10:34 PM
Good win by Freo. That looks to lock us into pick 5 now. That's about the most positive thing I can think of in the totality of wins/losses/form this year.

It was good to see the Crows go down, see how they like it when injuries hit.

Remi Moses
11-06-2018, 10:41 AM
Just another example of needing to strike while the irons hot , are the crows

Twodogs
11-06-2018, 01:15 PM
Just another example of needing to strike while the irons hot , are the crows

Richmond are the luckiest premiers in many years to get Adelaide like they did on Grand Final day. It was the flukiest premiership since the Crows won (funnily enough) in 1997.

bornadog
11-06-2018, 01:48 PM
Richmond are the luckiest premiers in many years to get Adelaide like they did on Grand Final day. It was the flukiest premiership since the Crows won (funnily enough) in 1997.

They never travelled in the finals with 3 games at the G.

Twodogs
11-06-2018, 04:58 PM
They never travelled in the finals with 3 games at the G.

Yep. They don't win very often away from the MCG.

I'm starting to come around to the idea of the Grand Final being played away from the MCG.

Happy Days
11-06-2018, 06:33 PM
For the best team ever assembled, this Melbourne outfit sure does seem to struggle against any half-decent opposition.

Rocket Science
11-06-2018, 06:50 PM
This Melbourne flogging is Macavaney-level delicious.

Weren't they just up and about after besting the likes of us, the Blues, the Suns, the Saints, the Bumbers and a very wobbly Crows outfit. Some hot streak.

ledge
11-06-2018, 07:13 PM
I said it about 5 weeks ago , Collingwood a big chance for the flag, next 4 games they play book in as W.
They have the hardest midfield going and now the forward line is up and running they should be favourites.

azabob
11-06-2018, 07:17 PM
So Jayden Stephenson from the Pies is looking to be what Jarod Grant should’ve been.

Twodogs
11-06-2018, 09:10 PM
I said it about 5 weeks ago , Collingwood a big chance for the flag, next 4 games they play book in as W.
They have the hardest midfield going and now the forward line is up and running they should be favourites.

Yep, I agree.

comrade
12-06-2018, 09:16 AM
So Jayden Stephenson from the Pies is looking to be what Jarod Grant should’ve been.

Damn, that’s 100% true.

merantau
12-06-2018, 09:22 AM
Collingwood's run and clean ball handling were both very impressive. They will win the flag this year barring injuries.

Twodogs
12-06-2018, 09:28 AM
Collingwood's run and clean ball handling were both very impressive. They will win the flag this year barring injuries.

My Collingwood mates are celebrating already. I've pointed out that premierships aren't won in June but they are very confident.

The Bulldogs Bite
12-06-2018, 11:20 AM

Looks an absolute gun.

Exactly the type we need.

bulldogtragic
12-06-2018, 11:24 AM
Looks an absolute gun.

Exactly the type we need.

And to think/remember the draft whisperers were saying he'd slide to pick 30 owing to his heart condition...

Ozza
12-06-2018, 11:32 AM
And to think/remember the draft whisperers were saying he'd slide to pick 30 owing to his heart condition...

My mail is that well over half of the clubs had decided that they would not take him - no matter what pick - due to the heart condition. He was touted as being as talented as any kid in the draft, and he interviewed outstandingly well, however his health was very concerning for most clubs.

Hopefully he has a long career with no issues.

bulldogtragic
12-06-2018, 11:39 AM
My mail is that well over half of the clubs had decided that they would not take him - no matter what pick - due to the heart condition. He was touted as being as talented as any kid in the draft, and he interviewed outstandingly well, however his health was very concerning for most clubs.

Hopefully he has a long career with no issues.

Eagleton played nearly 300 games with a heart issue (managed well), so hopefully Jayden does to. He's going to have a hell of a highlight reel when he retires. Does your mail include us passing on him at pick 9 if that eventuated Ozza?

bornadog
12-06-2018, 02:05 PM
Eagleton played nearly 300 games with a heart issue (managed well), so hopefully Jaidyn does to. He's going to have a hell of a highlight reel when he retires. Does your mail include us passing on him at pick 9 if that eventuated Ozza?

He was pick 6

bulldogtragic
12-06-2018, 02:10 PM
He was pick 6

I was asking if Collingwood passed on him, what would we have done three picks later if he was in play. But Ozzas answer seems clear enough to me looking back at it.

bornadog
12-06-2018, 03:15 PM
I was asking if Collingwood passed on him, what would we have done three picks later if he was in play. But Ozzas answer seems clear enough to me looking back at it.

ok, miss understood your post

bulldogtragic
12-06-2018, 04:00 PM
ok, miss understood your post

No dramas.