PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Bulldogs: Jordon Sweet

Pages : 1 [2]

Testekill
16-10-2023, 12:40 PM
I think the Sweet deal will still get done but the Power have a bunch of other deals they're working on so it'll get done last minute once their final draft hand is basically finalised.

bornadog
16-10-2023, 05:52 PM
I think the Sweet deal will still get done but the Power have a bunch of other deals they're working on so it'll get done last minute once their final draft hand is basically finalised.

From Tom Morris:

There’s been a renewed push from contracted @Richmond_FC ruck Ivan Soldo & his management to seek a trade to @PAFC

The Tigers are holding firm, telling him he’s required after floating him to GWS last year. Port will bring in Jordon Sweet regardless.

bulldogtragic
17-10-2023, 09:05 AM
Port footy boss:

"I think Jordon Sweet will be at Port Adelaide at the end of the trade period for sure."

- Chris Davies is confident of getting at least one deal done for Port Adelaide

bulldogtragic
17-10-2023, 01:24 PM
We want pick 41. But that’s on offer for Soldo. So that would leave pick 49 for Sweet. Sounds like it’s as good as done in principle but we are wanting the extra 125 draft points that pick 41 has.

Grantysghost
17-10-2023, 01:26 PM
They commit to Sweet the want Soldo as well.

They need to be flexible or if they haven't got the currency get creative.

bulldogtragic
17-10-2023, 01:28 PM
They commit to Sweet the want Soldo as well.

They need to be flexible or if they haven't got the currency get creative.

Sounds like Richmond don’t want to let him go or want a lot more than 41 & F2. Hopefully that falls over and we can get 41 (125 more draft points).

bulldogtragic
18-10-2023, 10:19 AM
Pick 41 going to Tiggers for Soldo with an F2.

So that leaves pick 49 for Sweet. If 25 goes on Rat, Port’s first pick might be 76. As we need a F4, I wonder if they provide that to use for Pick 69 (which will come in significantly after bids are matched).

Sedat
18-10-2023, 12:28 PM
Pick 41 going to Tiggers for Soldo with an F2.

So that leaves pick 49 for Sweet. If 25 goes on Rat, Port’s first pick might be 76. As we need a F4, I wonder if they provide that to use for Pick 69 (which will come in significantly after bids are matched).
Pick 49 also part of Soldo trade (pick 50 coming back to Port). Do we actually need this pick to satisfy the points for Croft/Lual?

Wouldn't it be prudent for our overall list balance to keep Sweet (club has indicated he is required by us) in the event that we lose English through injury/free agency in the next 12 months? Also it would be awesome to keep this thread going for another year or two at least.

What benefit is there for Sweet now to go to Port when he will be 2nd banana behind Soldo?

hujsh
18-10-2023, 12:34 PM
Pick 49 also part of Soldo trade (pick 50 coming back to Port). Do we actually need this pick to satisfy the points for Croft/Lual?

Wouldn't it be prudent for our overall list balance to keep Sweet (club has indicated he is required by us) in the event that we lose English through injury/free agency in the next 12 months? Also it would be awesome to keep this thread going for another year or two at least.

What benefit is there for Sweet now to go to Port when he will be 2nd banana behind Soldo?

I think it's up to Sweet. Seems he's decided to leave and there haven't been any murmurs of him reconsidering.

bulldogtragic
18-10-2023, 12:42 PM

Sweet wants out, baring him changing his mind, and the pick makes sure we can get Lual if he slides. So it’s about as good as we can hope for. Especially if we add in 69 to get a F4 too.

Axe Man
18-10-2023, 12:43 PM
I think it's up to Sweet. Seems he's decided to leave and there haven't been any murmurs of him reconsidering.

Agreed, if we don't take pick 50 he likely walks to Port in the PSD. He gets to go home and probably figures he's a better chance of beating Soldo out for a game than English.

Grantysghost
18-10-2023, 01:10 PM

Port have screwed Sweet nicely there. Not sure how clubs make all these promises without the capital to make it happen.

My guess is he might stay, unless there's a strong lure back for family reasons.

hujsh
18-10-2023, 01:14 PM
Port have screwed Sweet nicely there. Not sure how clubs make all these promises without the capital to make it happen.

My guess is he might stay, unless there's a strong lure back for family reasons.

Pick 50 is plenty of capital for a guy that played VFL all year. Or do you mean with regards to Sweet not being the number 1 ruck?

Grantysghost
18-10-2023, 01:19 PM
Pick 50 is plenty of capital for a guy that played VFL all year. Or do you mean with regards to Sweet not being the number 1 ruck?

See I don't agree, rucks are a scarce commodity. Supply and demand dictates a higher fee for mine especially at his age.
VFL ruck of the year too he's no slouch.

Port don't have the capital in my opinion.

hujsh
18-10-2023, 01:43 PM
See I don't agree, rucks are a scarce commodity. Supply and demand dictates a higher fee for mine especially at his age.

The guy is uncontracted and hasn't proven he can play as the number 1 ruck at AFL. I don't know what you expect for him (maybe you should elaborate) but a 3rd rounder is fair.

Grantysghost
18-10-2023, 02:05 PM
The guy is uncontracted and hasn't proven he can play as the number 1 ruck at AFL. I don't know what you expect for him (maybe you should elaborate) but a 3rd rounder is fair.

Pick in the 35-40 range after bids etc

hujsh
18-10-2023, 02:10 PM
Pick in the 35-40 range after bids etc

So 45?

Mofra
18-10-2023, 02:41 PM

History suggests that back up rucks don't go for too much capital.

mjp
18-10-2023, 03:11 PM

Yep. Like Pick 1 in the PSD to West Coast.

Don't think they wont.

Grantysghost
18-10-2023, 03:40 PM

Yes true. Kind of odd as everyone wants one but no one wants to pay.

jeemak
18-10-2023, 04:53 PM

I'm thinking of something unoriginal to post but can't quite put my finger on what it is......

If they can't do better than 79 then we march him. They want him, we have him. I don't think asking for something decent is unreasonable of us.

We picked him, we've developed him, we've played him, and we should get fair value for him.

Mantis
18-10-2023, 05:23 PM
Just been traded to Power for pick 50.

hujsh
18-10-2023, 05:24 PM
I'm thinking of something unoriginal to post but can't quite put my finger on what it is......

If they can't do better than 79 then we march him. They want him, we have him. I don't think asking for something decent is unreasonable of us.

We picked him, we've developed him, we've played him, and we should get fair value for him.

But... they were always going to. They have pick 50 back from the Soldo trade. I feel like I'm missing something here are we just mourning the loss of Sweet and looking for any way to try and hold onto him a few days longer?

hujsh
18-10-2023, 05:24 PM
Just been traded to Power for pick 50.

Goodbye Sweet Prince

Grantysghost
18-10-2023, 05:28 PM
Goodbye Sweet Prince

Haha. Your avatar is so... 10 minutes ago.

EasternWest
18-10-2023, 05:30 PM
Goodbye Sweet Prince

Perfect.

SonofScray
18-10-2023, 05:30 PM
Wish him well.

Would have liked to see him in the colours, in the seniors more often.

Mofra
18-10-2023, 05:34 PM
Is Tom Campbell gettable?

Grantysghost
18-10-2023, 05:36 PM
Is Tom Campbell gettable?

Ahem

GETTABLE!

bornadog
18-10-2023, 08:09 PM
How many games will Sweet play next year??? Has he made a mistake to got to Port

hujsh
18-10-2023, 08:11 PM
How many games will Sweet play next year??? Has he made a mistake to got to Port

Realistically? Probably more than with us. English has only really missed games with concussion and Soldo hasn't managed to put a lot of full seasons together as far as I can tell. Sweet probably gets his chance to strut his stuff.

GVGjr
18-10-2023, 08:16 PM

Soldo is no walk up start. Sweet's got a good chance of out working him for the role.

jeemak
18-10-2023, 08:29 PM

But... they were always going to. They have pick 50 back from the Soldo trade. I feel like I'm missing something here are we just mourning the loss of Sweet and looking for any way to try and hold onto him a few days longer?

I willfully ignored this bit.

Sorry!

The principle still stands that there's pervasive attitude that players should get to go where they nominate if they're out of contract and that's the end of it. The media loves it because moves are made, clubs either win or lose trades, or something big has to happen for equity to creep into a deal between multiple clubs.

It annoys me.

Danny the snakeman
19-10-2023, 03:10 AM
. Sweet probably gets his chance to strut his stuff.

Probably against us and be BOG.

bulldogtragic
19-10-2023, 08:04 AM
Probably against us and be BOG.

This place will go proper Big Footy if and when that happens.

Mofra
19-10-2023, 08:52 AM
Realistically? Probably more than with us. English has only really missed games with concussion and Soldo hasn't managed to put a lot of full seasons together as far as I can tell. Sweet probably gets his chance to strut his stuff.
I agree. He'll get games at Port, and if Dixon misses I can see them trying a 2-ruck structure next year for a few games too