23-11-2018, 06:43 PM
https://youtu.be/8RUBaOGiFSQ

SlimPickens
23-11-2018, 08:35 PM
His tap work in his draft video is excellent

hujsh
23-11-2018, 08:44 PM

Though one match his opponent doesn't exactly look to be in tip top shape. Might have eaten a guy who was though.

Testekill
23-11-2018, 08:56 PM

Very impressive; gangly as all hell but he was just outreaching his opponent every time.

westdog54
23-11-2018, 09:22 PM
Notwithstanding this is a two minute video from one match, I must say I like what I see.

This has been a dashed good draft.

bulldogtragic
23-11-2018, 09:30 PM
I can't get the hit song Sweet-Mate by Alphonse Capricosa/Lou Interligi out of my head now.

lemmon
23-11-2018, 09:43 PM
Looks big and angry - I like it

Throughandthrough
23-11-2018, 10:25 PM
Not so convinced about this one. I hope i'm wrong tho..

bulldogtragic
23-11-2018, 10:27 PM

Gee, if our resident SA watcher isn't on board....

Dry Rot
24-11-2018, 02:17 AM

Why?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
24-11-2018, 03:29 AM

Please elaborate. What's your main concern? Talent or character based concern?

Go_Dogs
24-11-2018, 06:53 AM
Good selection to balance our draft and trade period period.

Throughandthrough
24-11-2018, 09:06 AM
Please elaborate. What's your main concern? Talent or character based concern?

Talent. Not sure how highly rated be was at North by his team mates either. ;) The team seemed to play better when he was out injured, coach Josh Carr kept rushing him back. But credit to Carr, he’s forgotten more about footy then I will ever know and won the flag so hopefully I’m wrong.

ratsmac
24-11-2018, 10:31 AM
I'm happy that we got some ruck coverage with this lad rather than picking up a old banged up delisted work horse. We have time to try someone fresh and who knows, we might have something here.

Nickname nomination has to be sugar.

BornInDroopSt'54
24-11-2018, 12:09 PM
Nickname nomination has to be sugar.
It can't be Honey could be My Lord.

ledge
24-11-2018, 02:53 PM
I’m a little worried all his highlights were tap outs, would like to have seen a few marks and hand ball skills.

Bulldog Joe
24-11-2018, 02:57 PM
I’m a little worried all his highlights were tap outs, would like to have seen a few marks and hand ball skills.

I thought his highlights looked good.

Aggressive tackles and gathered some ground balls well. Would have liked to see some contested marking, but happy with skills displayed.

hujsh
24-11-2018, 03:04 PM

Maybe it was a different highlight package I watched of his I'm thinking of but I'm pretty sure I saw him take a few grabs

Go_Dogs
24-11-2018, 03:33 PM
I thought his highlights looked good.

Aggressive tackles and gathered some ground balls well. Would have liked to see some contested marking, but happy with skills displayed.

Agree. He lumbers a bit but that’s not unexpected. He made his presence known at ground level and if he can sharpen up his movement a little he should be competent once it hits the deck. We needed a developing/project ruck so he makes sense but he’s a long shot to become a quality AFL player like 95% of rookie draft selections.

bulldogtragic
24-11-2018, 03:41 PM
I don't remember Ben Hudson way, way early on, so I state that up front. But a passed over junior ruckman, a couple of years in the state leagues, 200cm, OK moving, good tap work and lots of aggression, seem to describe them both at this stage of their careers.

Hotdog60
24-11-2018, 04:53 PM
He might release Boyd in the near future so he can concentrate on his forward craft.

westdog54
24-11-2018, 06:23 PM
It can't be Honey could be My Lord.

Is that a Two Ronnies reference?

BornInDroopSt'54
25-11-2018, 01:59 AM
Is that a Two Ronnies reference?
That's good night from him.
Can't be Honey -Honeychurch has left the stadium.
Could be My Lord - My Sweet Lord.

josie
25-11-2018, 02:22 AM

If I laugh I am showing my age.
I did not laugh. I may have smiled a wee bit.

westdog54
25-11-2018, 11:10 AM

I thought you might have been referring to this:

https://youtu.be/6UepI8W6pq4

Eastdog
25-11-2018, 08:52 PM
Welcome to the Dogs Jordan!

Throughandthrough
26-11-2018, 12:44 AM
Gary Sweet played a few reserves and under 19 matches for Glenelg. As such I’m voting for “Gary” as his nickname

Twodogs
26-11-2018, 09:58 AM

You didn't see the gather in the forward pocket and then he shoots the handball to the player in better position?

Gary Sweet played a few reserves and under 19 matches for Glenelg. As such I’m voting for “Gary” as his nickname

If you ever want to see Gary Sweet lose it completely then just ask him if he grew up in Werribee.

I have just spoken to a mate of mine who is a huge North Adelaide supporter about Jordon and the first thing he said was "He's the goods. Josh Carr (Norths coach) doesn't promote just anyone-he earned his spot.

Ozza
26-11-2018, 10:45 AM
Think this is an 'insurance' type pick. We definitely needed another ruck on the list.
His tapwork craft is good, but will struggle around the ground.
Lets see how he goes with AFL training under his belt, might be some scope to significantly improve.

Mofra
26-11-2018, 10:49 AM
A second round rookie pick, he gets time to develop. Definitely need insurance plus a first ruck at Footscray.

SquirrelGrip
28-11-2018, 10:55 AM
I actually see him as not dissimilar to Braydon Preusss.

Dry Rot
02-12-2018, 04:25 PM
I like the sound of this bloke. Hope he plays soon and belts a few opposition players.

"My pressure around the contest is good, my game knowledge is strong, as well as my skills for a big man.

"I love the physicality aspect of the game, I love getting inside opponents' heads, so I'll bring a bit of aggression in the middle.

"I give myself every chance to play round one, and there's no reason why I shouldn't think I can't."...

North Adelaide coach and former Power and Docker midfielder Josh Carr can attest to his former protégé's change in attitude and he also believes Sweet will meet Beveridge's philosophy on ruckman.

"Over the past 12 months Jordon has really matured a lot and developed his game, so I reckon he's ready to have a go at (AFL level)," Carr told AFL.com.au.

"He's a really good runner, and I don't think he knew how good his tank was and it really surprised himself, so he's taken that with his love of throwing his weight around.

"He tackles, chases and puts on shepherds, which is what you want a ruckman to do.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-02/sweet-relief-for-new-bulldog-ruck-after-twoyear-wait

GVGjr
02-12-2018, 06:05 PM
I like the sound of this bloke. Hope he plays soon and belts a few opposition players.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-02/sweet-relief-for-new-bulldog-ruck-after-twoyear-wait

Lets hope he is good with his tap work, holding some marks and kicking the ball.
Sounds like he is confident with his one percenters and is now confident he can make a go of it. A strong endorsement by Josh Carr

Lets hope he and English can be a good ruck tandem over the next few years.

Bulldog4life
15-04-2019, 05:43 PM
Sweet accepts 3 match suspension for striking last Friday night.

bulldogtragic
15-04-2019, 05:48 PM
Sweet accepts 3 match suspension for striking last Friday night.

3 weeks! That's like getting done the maximum for Murder in this day and age of fines, warnings and bugger all despite 20 cameras catching it.

They did say he liked to be physical. He might want to tone it down a little bit though.

Bulldog4life
15-04-2019, 05:49 PM
3 weeks! That's like getting done the maximum for Murder in this day and age of fines, warnings and bugger all despite 20 cameras catching it.

They did say he liked to be physical. He might want to tone it down a little bit though.

Wonder how many cameras there are at VFL games.

bulldogtragic
15-04-2019, 05:54 PM
Wonder how many cameras there are at VFL games.

Don't know, that's a Smads question. :)

If Dusty Martin is one week, then Sweet must have nearly killed him to get three. The good news is Trengove probably gets elevated, Boyd needs to be managed, so then Gardner gets three weeks as the number one ruck to impress us ahead of the mid season draft. A great opportunity for him.

Smads57
15-04-2019, 06:58 PM
Didn’t see the incident - pretty heavy penalty!

jeemak
15-04-2019, 07:04 PM
Ironically it might be that without cameras clearly showing how much of an arsehole someone is or isn’t the actual intent and malice of the incident might be better portrayed.

Twodogs
16-04-2019, 02:00 PM
That is a decent sentence for one incident. what did he do?

Axe Man
16-04-2019, 02:25 PM
That is a decent sentence for one incident. what did he do?

No idea but I'm assuming a weapon was involved.

Insufficient Intent
16-04-2019, 09:12 PM
From the VFL MRP Report:

“The VFL Match Review Panel charged player Jordon Sweet for striking against Collingwood player Jack Madgen during the first quarter of the VFL Round 2 match between Collingwood and Footscray on Friday 12th April 2019 at Olympic Park Oval. Based on the available video evidence and the medical report, the incident was assessed as intentional conduct with high impact and high contact. The incident was classified as a four match base sanction. The player has no applicable record which impacted the penalty. An early guilty plea enables the player to accept a three match penalty.”

Rocket Science
16-04-2019, 09:18 PM
Strewth. I think we've found our tough cop on the beat cop if anyone tries taking liberties with English.

Bulldog4life
16-04-2019, 11:37 PM
From the VFL MRP Report:

“The VFL Match Review Panel charged player Jordon Sweet for striking against Collingwood player Jack Madgen during the first quarter of the VFL Round 2 match between Collingwood and Footscray on Friday 12th April 2019 at Olympic Park Oval. Based on the available video evidence and the medical report, the incident was assessed as intentional conduct with high impact and high contact. The incident was classified as a four match base sanction. The player has no applicable record which impacted the penalty. An early guilty plea enables the player to accept a three match penalty.”

Plus Magden was concussed.

Happy Days
16-04-2019, 11:46 PM
Okay I have to see this footage

comrade
17-04-2019, 12:06 AM
We can't even get a 30 second highlights clip of the game, yet there is behind the play footage of Sweet striking a guy. Ok.

bornadog
17-04-2019, 12:09 AM
We can't even get a 30 second highlights clip of the game, yet there is behind the play footage of Sweet striking a guy. Ok.

Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADPnHlsJ_AY

Twodogs
17-04-2019, 12:19 PM
No idea but I'm assuming a weapon was involved.

Yep, in the best tradition of wrestling Jordan must have gone out on the field with a foreign object hidden in his shorts.

"watch out referee"

bornadog
17-04-2019, 12:36 PM
Yep, in the best tradition of wrestling Jordan must have gone out on the field with a foreign object hidden in his shorts.

"watch out referee"

Not good to concuss a player.

The Adelaide Connection
17-04-2019, 01:06 PM
The bye makes the suspension even worse. A month out of footy is quite a whack.

We haven’t seen anything this harsh since that animal Redpath killed someone onfield (which to the naked eye looked more like brushing someone heavily but he must have died based on the suspension).

Twodogs
17-04-2019, 01:25 PM
Not good to concuss a player.

It's bloody dangerous. Then again it cant be any more dangerous than elbowing a player and then punching him in the head as he falls to the ground like Dangerfield did.

If Sweet's surname was Dangerfield or Rievoldt or any of the other charmed circle of players that the AFL have deemed can do no wrong he wouldn't have got 3 weeks.

Twodogs
17-04-2019, 01:28 PM

We haven’t seen anything this harsh since that animal Redpath killed someone onfield (which to the naked eye looked more like brushing someone heavily but he must have died based on the suspension).

Did that Redpath hit on Phil Davis happen the same night as that little grub Greene kicked Dahlhaus in the face and got off. Great effort MRP.

bornadog
17-04-2019, 01:49 PM
It's bloody dangerous. Then again it cant be any more dangerous than elbowing a player and then punching him in the head as he falls to the ground like Dangerfield did.

If Sweet's surname was Dangerfield or Rievoldt or any of the other charmed circle of players that the AFL have deemed can do no wrong he wouldn't have got 3 weeks.

Its a joke Danger is playing this week

Rocket Science
17-04-2019, 01:56 PM
Did that Redpath hit on Phil Davis happen the same night as that little grub Greene kicked Dahlhaus in the face and got off. Great effort MRP.

Steady on. They came down hard and whacked the karate kid with a whopping $1500 fine to deter him ever doing it again (https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/toby-greene-comes-under-fire-for-kicking-out-at-his-sydney-opponents-in-marking-contests/news-story/873c7446a1a827fe06e750b5fab4a015).

Insufficient Intent
17-04-2019, 06:20 PM

Damned good point, AC.

With our evolving rucking situation, we need Sweet to be getting as much experience under his belt as possible, knocking on the door for a go at the top level. There's no place in any team for behaviour as bad as this has been judged to be. Hopefully Jordon learns to toe the line following this.

Following this episode, if he hasn't already a nickname, maybe it could be Jordon "Notso" Sweet?

LostDoggy
18-04-2019, 06:04 AM

Sorry but that hardly compares to the vicious intent that the criminal Easton Wood death slapped cows McGovern in the heart for a rightful suspension.

LostDoggy
18-04-2019, 06:05 AM
Let’s hope a similarly callous display isn’t seen this week.

Twodogs
18-04-2019, 12:36 PM
Steady on. They came down hard and whacked the karate kid with a whopping $1500 fine to deter him ever doing it again (https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/toby-greene-comes-under-fire-for-kicking-out-at-his-sydney-opponents-in-marking-contests/news-story/873c7446a1a827fe06e750b5fab4a015).

You're right. I constantly assume the worst of the AFL's intentions.

They really did come done on Greene hard didn't they? I'd forgotten how terrifying the prospect of a $1500 fine would be to a kid earning 6-700k a year. I'm surprised that he has the strength of character and the intestinal fortitude to be back playing only a couple years after such an ordeal Personally I'd still be coiled up in the foetal position rocking back and forth and repeating "1500!" over and over again.

Mofra
16-04-2021, 02:35 PM
He's in this week - video up on the FaceBook page

Good luck to the kid. 3 Years on the list to gt to this point

bornadog
16-04-2021, 03:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZQfBbNQLZM&ab_channel=Michael

GVGjr
16-04-2021, 03:27 PM
An excellent game to debut.

Axe Man
16-04-2021, 03:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZQfBbNQLZM&ab_channel=Michael

Are there nude posters on the wall? What are they blurring?

bulldogsthru&thru
16-04-2021, 03:45 PM

Yeah weird. I'd understand if we were playing the saints this week but no, it's the suns.

Grantysghost
16-04-2021, 04:18 PM

An unannounced back of jumper sponsor??!

The Bulldogs Bite
16-04-2021, 04:25 PM
An excellent game to debut.

Dream debut game for a ruck.

Keen to see how he goes.

Was it last year in the pre-season he played v Norf? That day I thought he was well beaten in the ruck (v Goldstein) but actually showed a bit around the ground.

bornadog
16-04-2021, 05:19 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EzETeViVIAE7JxA?format=jpg&name=medium

bornadog
16-04-2021, 05:20 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EzETfbaVEAETyuK?format=jpg&name=medium

Cyberdoggie
16-04-2021, 05:28 PM
So who's out? Martin having a rest perhaps? or English.

Good luck to Sweet, great perseverance considering he was an emergency many times without getting a shot over 3 years.

Hope he does well as Martin won't be around for too long and there will be a spot available at some point.

WBFC4FFC
16-04-2021, 05:34 PM
So who's out? Martin having a rest perhaps? or English.

Good luck to Sweet, great perseverance considering he was an emergency many times without getting a shot over 3 years.

Hope he does well as Martin won't be around for too long and there will be a spot available at some point.

You'd think Martin.

Sweet kicking goals up forward in the Magoo's means he will be expected to do likewise in the ones!

Good luck.

Onwards and upwards!

The Adelaide Connection
16-04-2021, 05:53 PM
An unannounced back of jumper sponsor??!

I wonder if that is exactly what it is but they have decided to wait till the big ticket Friday night v Richmond to launch the partnership.

Twodogs
16-04-2021, 08:16 PM

From memory the pictures on the walls in that room (they used to have Son's of the West meetings in there until Covid 19 hit) are of old time players that are significant to the club like Brian Royal and John Schultz and honour boards of players that played 100 and 200 games. I've no idea why they would be blurred.

Unless they have been replaced and are of an unannounced sponsor.

Bumper Bulldogs
16-04-2021, 09:16 PM
Love the inclusion good luck young man.

We still seem to blood a new kid every 3rd week on average since our flag

Twodogs
16-04-2021, 09:20 PM
Good luck Jordan. Kick some arse!

Eastdog
16-04-2021, 10:52 PM
Good luck Jordan Sweet! Hope you have a great debut for us!

josie
16-04-2021, 11:33 PM
You’ve had to be patient. Emergency so many times. Have enjoyed watching you improve your craft in VFL including some ripper ruck grab & goal snaps. Good luck lad. Reckon you’ll do AOK.

boydogs
17-04-2021, 01:18 AM
Anyone been watching him that can offer their opinion on how they think he will go?

Seems early for Martin to rest so I hope it's a case of him earning it

bulldogtragic
17-04-2021, 09:29 PM
The old dog is back after his rest. This young dog now knows first hand the actual competition from inside an AFL game and working with the ‘A-Team’ mids. Plus the sheer speed, fatigue and endurance needed. Which is great to have on board as he strives to improve at Footscray and make an impact the next time called upon. A good first hit out Jordan, and step in your development.

SonofScray
17-04-2021, 10:18 PM
Good debut. Plays with a good, strong, physical mindset. Think he might be made of the right stuff.Will get more opportunity across the year I suspect.

Bumper Bulldogs
17-04-2021, 11:12 PM
Really pleased with his game today and I thought he showed some great signs. I recon Sweet will give the MC many a sleepless night. He may be able to take over from Martin and that means English plays more as FF than a ruck

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
17-04-2021, 11:37 PM
Really impressed with his debut. He is still far from being ready for regular AFL footy. I reckon his long stint on the bench in the 3rd Qtr was down to his inability to be used on the ground outside of the ruck. He needs to work on his flexibility to play a role outside of being just a tap ruckman.
Glad he's got a taste, and he certainly made the most of it from the perspective of the areas of the game he's currently good at.

Twodogs
17-04-2021, 11:53 PM
I reckon that a couple of other clubs will be taking a bit of interest in Jordan at season's end.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-04-2021, 12:32 AM
I reckon that a couple of other clubs will be taking a bit of interest in Jordan at season's end.

Yeah no doubt. Gold Coast probably one of them.
If Sweet can take this experience, and use it to work on other aspects of his game, then I reckon we're a good chance to keep him.
Steph doesn't have years to go in his career, and there is a spot for Sweet playing regular football if he can add more strings to his bow than just at ruck contests.
I think he can do it, and hopefully today spurs him on to show that if he applies himself he's a big chance to get regular games.
English working out up forward has opened a door for him.

jeemak
18-04-2021, 12:34 AM
I'm really glad he got his run and we had a win. A lot for him to work on but he didn't let himself or the team down, and now should know what it's like for a big man to stay in the game at the level.

Eastdog
18-04-2021, 12:34 AM
Very good debut from Jordan.

divvydan
18-04-2021, 01:32 AM
It's so hard to have an accurate assessment on Sweet given what he was up against today. Did a little bit outside the ruck contest but not enough to be considered an asset. Certainly did enough to give Bevo confidence to rest Stef whenever he feels the time is right, look forward to Sweet having a tougher opponent and really seeing how competitive he is.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-04-2021, 02:14 AM
It's so hard to have an accurate assessment on Sweet given what he was up against today. Did a little bit outside the ruck contest but not enough to be considered an asset. Certainly did enough to give Bevo confidence to rest Stef whenever he feels the time is right, look forward to Sweet having a tougher opponent and really seeing how competitive he is.

A great outcome from today's game is that Sweet has tangible evidence of what he needs to improve upon to get a regular gig.
Really astute selection of Sweet today by the match committee. Allowed him to showcase his strengths in an environment that wouldn't allow his shortcomings to be exposed.

boydogs
18-04-2021, 02:24 AM
How bad were Gold Coast's rucks? That's the best hitout win we've had for years, he was dominating the taps like he was Brodie Grundy. Agree he wasn't much chop around the ground and only played 64% game time, but he has the body type to be quite mobile as his fitness improves

jeemak
18-04-2021, 03:36 AM
How bad were Gold Coast's rucks? That's the best hitout win we've had for years, he was dominating the taps like he was Brodie Grundy. Agree he wasn't much chop around the ground and only played 64% game time, but he has the body type to be quite mobile as his fitness improves

They didn't really have a recognised ruck playing. You can only do what you do against whoever's there though. So on that front his outing was a success.

Throughandthrough
18-04-2021, 09:04 AM
It’s Jord O n Not Jordan.

Hotdog60
18-04-2021, 09:16 AM
This was the game to give him a taste and I think the biggest thing he needs to work on is endurance so he doesn't take bench time away from the runners.

He needs to use more TOG and maybe the Scott Wynd type role could be his game to roll back in defense and help out by getting in the way of the bigger forwards.

Now he knows the effort needed to play he has something to work on.

merantau
18-04-2021, 10:23 AM
I thought he played a decent game - certainly got a lot of hit outs and used his body well.

Happy Days
18-04-2021, 01:22 PM
I thought he was excellent but he was up against literally nothing so in a weird way I kind of expected it?

Interested to see how we move forward from here.

soupman
18-04-2021, 01:25 PM
Not going to read to much into it, Brett Goodes would have had a decent day in the ruck yesterday.

He performed as well as could be hoped though and I expect him to have 4-5 games under his belt by the end of the season which should be a good sample size to see whether or not he is worth persisting with.

Nuggety Back Pocket
18-04-2021, 01:26 PM
Sweet at age 23 showed a lot of maturity in his ruck work which was a big factor in our first half dominance.
Looks a strong prospect to become our number one ruck man, going forward.

Twodogs
18-04-2021, 08:07 PM
It’s Jord O n Not Jordan.

Mmmm, Hubble yep.

Vred
11-05-2021, 12:17 AM
Want to give props to Sweet for having a damn half-decent game against Carlton, not only kept their ruck basically neutralized but also hit the scoreboard for us.

More I see of Sweet the more I'm liking the idea of Sweet English combo going forward.

boydogs
11-05-2021, 02:45 AM
He was OK, I think Pittonet had the better of him especially early, but he was competitive

bornadog
11-05-2021, 09:47 AM
He was OK, I think Pittonet had the better of him especially early, but he was competitive

Sweet did some good things in the last. It was only his second game, but he is progressing.

Mofra
11-05-2021, 09:58 AM
Who really knows if he will be a long term proposition but he's shown enough to earn himself a contract and main list spot.
Rucks do take a lot longer.

Happy Days
11-05-2021, 09:59 AM
Pittonet really schooled him on follow up work, but agree that he was much better after half time. His skills, one awful kick notwithstanding, look pretty sharp too.

He needs to work on being less contest-to-contest (which will hopefully be a tank issue and not a footy IQ one), but he’s got some ability for sure.

1eyedog
11-05-2021, 11:14 AM
Sweet did some good things in the last. It was only his second game, but he is progressing.

Agreed. He managed to get his hands on it a few times in the middle as well and was a link in some of our centre clearances.

think there is something to work with. I like that he's a massive unit and strong. He is considerably bigger than Martin.

westbulldog
11-05-2021, 11:39 AM
Not going to read to much into it, Brett Goodes would have had a decent day in the ruck yesterday.

He performed as well as could be hoped though and I expect him to have 4-5 games under his belt by the end of the season which should be a good sample size to see whether or not he is worth persisting with.

Your first point is overly harsh on Sweet and inaccurate imo.

fwiw I agree with your second point.

azabob
11-05-2021, 08:11 PM
Your first point is overly harsh on Sweet and inaccurate imo.

fwiw I agree with your second point.

not to speak on soupaman behalf this comment was in relation to the GCS game where they had no recognised ruckman not after the Carlton game.

jeemak
11-05-2021, 09:37 PM
It's early doors but he did quite well for a second gamer and a few more like that should see him retained on the main list which is good reward for effort considering where he started.

bulldogtragic
16-05-2021, 01:09 AM
Give me a better start for a rookie list ruck kid in his first 3 Games:

Disposals 26 (8.7 average) - 77% Efficient
Marks 5 (1.7)
Goals 1 (0.3)
G/Assists 1 (0.3)
Behinds 0 0
Tackles 12 (4.0)
Hitouts 66 (22.0)
Clear. 7 (2.3)
Inside 50s 7 (2.3)

Vs Suns, Carlton (Pittonet), Port (Ladhams & Dixon)

The kid’s going to be alright. He goes all day, smart taps and uses smart taps of the ball to release teammates when grabbbing it would mean tackle and repeat stoppage. And he’s never been a losing team, so we should never drop him.

comrade
16-05-2021, 01:16 AM
Give me a better start for a rookie list ruck kid in his first 3 Games:

Disposals 26 (8.7 average)
Marks 5 (1.7)
Goals 1 (0.3)
G/Assists 1 (0.3)
Behinds 0 0
Tackles 12 (4.0)
Hitouts 66 (22.0)
Clear. 7 (2.3)
Inside 50s 7 (2.3)

The kid’s going to be alright.

Yep, the numbers stack up nicely. I'm looking forward to seeing the Sweet/English combo soon.

KT31
16-05-2021, 01:25 AM
Quite ironic someWoofers have been suggesting we recruit a player of his ilk , yet have been dismissing his potential.

jeemak
16-05-2021, 01:50 AM
How are his hitout numbers!

azabob
16-05-2021, 09:35 AM
If he can work on his aerobic capacity and ruck for 3/4 of the match he will be an extremely handy player.

He reminds me very much of a younger Toby Nankervis.

Grantysghost
16-05-2021, 09:41 AM
I'm kind of liking him over Martin after last night. Future's bright, he has a bit of mongrel too.
I watched him up close out at Preston, he's really in great shape can tell he's doing every thing he can to forge a career.

comrade
16-05-2021, 09:47 AM
If he can work on his aerobic capacity and ruck for 3/4 of the match he will be an extremely handy player.

He reminds me very much of a younger Toby Nankervis.

If he can get close to Nank, would suit us perfectly. A workhorse who goes all game and just follows up at ground level.

Mofra
16-05-2021, 10:09 AM
There's a litte Ben Hudson about him, competes pretty well on teh deck for a ruck.
Not a star but a solid performer with a bit of mongrel

1eyedog
16-05-2021, 10:43 AM
Really liked how he worked forward to be an option last night. Especially late when his crucial mark on F50 lead to Flea's goal.

bornadog
16-05-2021, 10:45 AM
How are his hitout numbers!

Got beaten last night 19/36

soupman
16-05-2021, 12:04 PM
Got beaten last night 19/36

By a ruck whos best hitout numbers read 37, 32, 22, 19, 16, 15, 14, 12 etc. Guess who the first two were against? Ladhams does usually play as a second ruck but still.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't minded Sweet so far, he seems competitive and moves alright. Still need to see a lot more from him to be convinced he is a long term prospect though, but looks like we will see him a few more times at least. I would still be keeping my eye out for number one ruck prospect at this stage.

comrade
16-05-2021, 12:06 PM
Sweet's averaging more hitouts than Gawn at the same age/stage of their career.

Happy Days
16-05-2021, 01:25 PM
I’ve been most impressed by his skill level. He’s a great kick for someone his size.

bornadog
16-05-2021, 05:22 PM
Watching the reply, and Sweet is about to have a shot from the boundary line and the Port Bogans are stirring him up. As Sweet walks up to take his kick he mouths something to the bloke on the fence. I would love to know what he said :D

Sweet takes no shit from anyone.

azabob
16-05-2021, 05:26 PM
Watching the reply, and Sweet is about to have a shot from the boundary line and the Port Bogans are stirring him up. As Sweet walks up to take his kick he mouths something to the bloke on the fence. I would love to know what he said :D

Sweet takes no shit from anyone.

I thought the same thing watching it live, but thought surely not!

Go_Dogs
16-05-2021, 05:27 PM
Sweet's averaging more hitouts than Gawn at the same age/stage of their career.

Handy when you’ve played one game against 0 rucks.

I really like Sweet. Moves well, can mark, has tidy skills. He doesn’t displace Martin - who was excellent early doors - but is a natural replacement and very handy bloke to develop while we make sure Martin is able to ripen and peak come September.

bulldogtragic
22-05-2021, 11:23 PM
Give me a better start for a rookie list ruck kid in his first 4 Games:

Disposals 40 (10 average) - 77% Efficient
Marks 11 (2.8)
Goals 1 (0.2)
G/Assists 1 (0.2)
Behinds 2 (0.5)
Tackles 18 (4.5)
Hitouts 83 (20.8)
Clear. 11 (2.8)
Inside 50s 9 (2.2)

Vs Suns, Carlton (Pittonet), Port (Ladhams & Dixon), Saints (Ryder)

Did it at both ends tonight, but missed a couple of goals. Minson was sledgehammer, but Sweet is a true artist with his work.

Sweet: 14 touches (3 intercept), 6 marks, 6 tackles, 4 Clearances, 7 1%, 17 hit outs, 7 Score Inv., 0.2 - AFL Fantasy Points 85
Ryder: 12 touches (0 intercept), 2 marks, 1 tackle, 5 Clearances, 4 1%, 41 hit outs, 1 Score Inv. - AFL Fantasy Points 81

Sweet just outworked and out performed Ryder. It’s also where Sweet got his touches. We smashed them in Clearances, so a bunch more hit outs doesn’t cover the fact Jordan just scalped Paddy Ryder.

Testekill
22-05-2021, 11:25 PM
I'd love to get some games with Sweet working with English out there, would really help when we take on guys like Gawn or Grundy.

bulldogtragic
22-05-2021, 11:26 PM
I'd love to get some games with Sweet working with English out there, would really help when we take on guys like Gawn or Grundy.

English has to come in next week. Martin sounds like he’s out for a while. Will be good to see them together.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-05-2021, 11:28 PM

Marks 11 (2.8)
Goals 1 (0.2)
G/Assists 1 (0.2)
Behinds 2 (0.5)
Tackles 18 (4.5)
Hitouts 83 (20.8)
Clear. 11 (2.8)
Inside 50s 9 (2.2)

Did it at both ends tonight, but missed a couple of goals. Minson was sledgehammer, but Sweet is a true artist with his work.

Sweet: 14 touches (3 intercept), 6 marks, 6 tackles, 4 Clearances, 7 1%, 17 hit outs, 0.2 - AFL Fantasy Points 85
Ryder: 12 touches (0 intercept), 2 marks, 1 tackle, 5 Clearances, 4 1%, 41 hit outs - AFL Fantasy Points 81

Sweet just outworked and out performed Ryder. It’s also where Sweet got his touches. We smashed them in Clearances, so a bunch more hit outs doesn’t cover the fact Jordan just scalped Paddy Ryder.

It's been a blessing coming out of Stef and Timmy's absence that has given Jordon his chance. Bevo seems the sort of coach who can be stubborn, and he's made Jordon wait. I think maybe the wait has made him super hungry, and super ready to grab the opportunity.

Mofra
22-05-2021, 11:40 PM
Sweet is a better no 1 ruckman than Timmy. They could be a formidable pairing.

bulldogtragic
22-05-2021, 11:52 PM

Yep, Tim feels like he’s just trying to generate the outcome he wants. Sweet is a genuine artist. We’ve had some good rucks, but not quite like him. His artistry opens up the full 360 of the centre circle. Plus he works his arse off, loves to follow up and also tackle. I’m looking forward to him this year, by next year I’m genuinely excited with what he can do with 20+ games and more learning with Martin.

bornadog
23-05-2021, 12:07 AM

Sweet killed in the ruck today

dog town
23-05-2021, 12:13 AM
Sweet doing an admirable job but cool your jets. Got blitzed in the hit outs and still a WIP.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-05-2021, 12:23 AM
Sweet doing an admirable job but cool your jets. Got blitzed in the hit outs and still a WIP.

Saints did not get anything out of that though. And I think even when Sweet was beaten his bodywork meant that Ryder had ZERO impact to follow up the hitout and have any sort of ability to help out in the ensuing clearance work.

bulldogtragic
23-05-2021, 12:27 AM

Look at his other stats, the ones he beat Ryder in tonight. Ryders extra hit outs lead to what for St Kildas mids?

Mofra
23-05-2021, 12:37 AM
Ben Hudson.

Watch what happens when the ball hits the deck. Ryder is a gun but Sweet's recovery from the tap to impact the contest was very good tonight. That's what we want from a young ruck - he's well ahead of the curve for a 4 game player.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-05-2021, 12:40 AM
Ben Hudson.

Watch what happens when the ball hits the deck. Ryder is a gun but Sweet's recovery from the tap to impact the contest was very good tonight. That's what we want from a young ruck - he's well ahead of the curve for a 4 game player.

Absolutely. He stopped Ryder from having any influence beyond first hand on the ball. And that's way more important.

westbulldog
23-05-2021, 12:50 AM
Sweet deserves his place and continues to improve. Has a bit of mongrel about him too.

dog town
23-05-2021, 12:54 AM
Look at his other stats, the ones he beat Ryder in tonight. Ryders extra hit outs lead to what for St Kildas mids? He is ahead of where he should be for 4 games but just saying we need some perspective. English (and Bevo) were hung out to dry for better games last season.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-05-2021, 12:56 AM
Sweet deserves his place and continues to improve. Has a bit of mongrel about him too.

He is laying the early ground work for a very good, long term career. And more than that is helping our recruiting team better understand what their focus should be going forward.
We need another ruck long term, but I suspect by season end, we won't be needing to find an immediate 1st team ruck, and can look to find another longer term prospect, rather than having to trade for one to start.

bulldogsthru&thru
23-05-2021, 01:33 AM
Ryder had very little impact on the game. Considering Sweet has played 4 games that’s a fantastic outcome for him.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-05-2021, 01:35 AM
Ryder had very little impact on the game. Considering Sweet has played 4 games that’s a fantastic outcome for him.

I think it was Sweet's best game. Bevo must be really starting to build some trust in Sweet's capabilities this last month.

comrade
23-05-2021, 01:41 PM
Go back to the final and Ryder just toyed with English. Shoving him out of the way with ease, putting it down his mids throats, grabbing it himself, outmarking Timmy around the ground. None of that happened last night.

We've found a long term #1 ruck to pair with English as our #2.

Bulldog Joe
24-05-2021, 11:43 AM

Definitely a work in progress, but he did an excellent job of negating the impact of an excellent ruckman in Ryder.

bulldogtragic
24-05-2021, 05:49 PM

Marks 11 (2.8)
Goals 1 (0.2)
G/Assists 1 (0.2)
Behinds 2 (0.5)
Tackles 18 (4.5)
Hitouts 83 (20.8)
Clear. 11 (2.8)
Inside 50s 9 (2.2)

Sweet: 14 touches (3 intercept), 6 marks, 6 tackles, 4 Clearances, 7 1%, 17 hit outs, 7 Score Inv., 0.2 - AFL Fantasy Points 85
Ryder: 12 touches (0 intercept), 2 marks, 1 tackle, 5 Clearances, 4 1%, 41 hit outs, 1 Score Inv. - AFL Fantasy Points 81

Just got 2 Coaches Votes. The math of all votes means it was 1 x 2 votes. Assuming it was Bevo over Ratten. Meaning Bevo rated him as our fourth best player on the night. Huge result to play on Ryder in game 4 and win two coaches votes against him.

Sweetly!!!!

angelopetraglia
13-07-2023, 12:03 PM
RIVALS CHASE RUCK SWEETENER

THE RUCK merry-go-round is set to swing around again this October, with Western Bulldogs back-up Jordon Sweet continuing to attract attention from rival clubs.

Sweet has been among the best performing rucks at state league level in 2023, averaging 42.4 hitouts (No.1 in the VFL) from 12 appearances for Footscray.

It is understood the Western Bulldogs have a new deal on the table for the out-of-contract South Australian and are keen to retain him at the Whitten Oval.

West Coast has attempted to pull Sweet out of the Bulldogs in recent years and may look to do so again, while Port Adelaide is believed to be one of several clubs monitoring his contract status this year.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/974505/giant-starts-talks-rivals-circle-bomber-clubs-eye-dogs-ruck

macca
13-07-2023, 04:13 PM
I doubt Sweet will stay ,with him behind Lobb ,Darcy and whoever we play in the ruck from the midfield ahead of him .
I wished he played more games for us .

I hope we can get trade currency for him , but doubt it if his out of contract

EasternWest
13-07-2023, 05:30 PM
I doubt Sweet will stay ,with him behind Lobb ,Darcy and whoever we play in the ruck from the midfield ahead of him .
I wished he played more games for us .

I hope we can get trade currency for him , but doubt it if his out of contract

If Sweet stays he's a rube.

G-Mo77
13-07-2023, 07:59 PM
If Sweet stays he's a rube.

Only chance if Tim bolts but Bevo still probably wouldn't play him.

I really thought we could have given him more time when Martin was here. He didn't seem to be gifted that string of games like others have and never really could prove his worth. There was too much focus on what he couldn't do, we could have just played to his strengths; tap work, clearing space for mids, negating other rucks influences at stoppages just a bruising ruckman in short. I really thought he could have excelled in this areas if given the chance. We won't find out here so we'll see if he can do it somewhere else. Good luck to him, hope he makes it.

MrMahatma
14-07-2023, 10:58 AM
Could be his last contract or chance to play AFL. Definitely needs to look elsewhere for his own career.

bornadog
06-09-2023, 05:56 PM
From the Gettable Vodcast"

Sam Power

“Yeah, we’ve had a deal of the table for Jordon for the majority of the year. He’s had a really good year at VFL level. He’s just unfortunately sitting behind an All-Australian ruckman, but we really want to keep Jordon.”

bulldogsthru&thru
06-09-2023, 06:08 PM

Sam Power

Well of course he'll say that to drive a hard bargain! We never play him and went and recruited Lobb so clearly don't rate him. I'm surprised we offered him a deal tbh. Wouldn't blame Jordan for taking unders elsewhere. We seem to think we can treat players poorly and still expect them to sign on with us. Didn't work with Dunkley or Young and won't work with Sweet.

bornadog
06-09-2023, 06:11 PM
Well of course he'll say that to drive a hard bargain! We never play him and went and recruited Lobb so clearly don't rate him.

Why would he say he has had a deal on the table if it isn't true?

hujsh
06-09-2023, 06:13 PM
Well of course he'll say that to drive a hard bargain! We never play him and went and recruited Lobb so clearly don't rate him. I'm surprised we offered him a deal tbh. Wouldn't blame Jordan for taking unders elsewhere. We seem to think we can treat players poorly and still expect them to sign on with us. Didn't work with Dunkley or Young and won't work with Sweet.

Don't think that's relevant as Lobb and Sweet play different roles. You might say play English in the Lobb role and ruck Sweet but clearly the club considers English a ruck first and foremost so that's who Sweet is competing with for a spot.

GVGjr
06-09-2023, 06:14 PM
You can't blame Sweet for not signing the contract yet, he should listen to other offers if they eventuate.
I'd be happy if he signed up with us again but can understand if he leaves.

bulldogsthru&thru
06-09-2023, 06:19 PM

Clarified my comment. I've no doubt there's a deal but I don't think we rate him. He's there as insurance in case English gets injured.

bulldogsthru&thru
06-09-2023, 06:21 PM
Don't think that's relevant as Lobb and Sweet play different roles. You might say play English in the Lobb role and ruck Sweet but clearly the club considers English a ruck first and foremost so that's who Sweet is competing with for a spot.

There was no chance Sweet plays once Lobb came. We would never play English, Lobb and Sweet in the same side. We were even choosing to play Darcy as an extra tall.

macca
06-09-2023, 06:38 PM
There was no chance Sweet plays once Lobb came. We would never play English, Lobb and Sweet in the same side. We were even choosing to play Darcy as an extra tall.

Sweet is going to be behind 3 players now.

His a back up ruckman. Not sure if he is comfortable with that or seeks greater opportunity. I would be surprised if his still on our list next year.

hujsh
06-09-2023, 06:52 PM

Do you actually think that changed once Lobb came across though? Personally I think Sweet was not getting a look in unless English was injured or unable to ruck for some reason. We'd just have seen Hannan, Khamis, Darcy and others rotate through that second ruck role more often.

bulldogsthru&thru
06-09-2023, 07:07 PM
Do you actually think that changed once Lobb came across though? Personally I think Sweet was not getting a look in unless English was injured or unable to ruck for some reason. We'd just have seen Hannan, Khamis, Darcy and others rotate through that second ruck role more often.

True. It probably didn't change but it was just one extra message sent. Sam is just trying to up the asking price but everything we've seen clearly suggests we don't intend to play Sweet at AFL level unless we have no other choice.

jazzadogs
06-09-2023, 07:14 PM

Sam Power

Don't see any issue with this quote. It's just facts?
He has had a really good year at vfl level.
He is sitting behind the All Australian ruck.
We do want to keep him - a quality back up is a great strategy. Tom Campbell, Dan Currie and plenty of others have 10+ year careers out of it.

whythelongface
06-09-2023, 07:38 PM

Are we any different from other clubs in this regard? I wouldn?t think so. I don?t get the treated poorly line - rather lack of opportunities. This happens everywhere and for whatever reason some players don?t get a gig in the firsts team. Look at Baker or Poulter they have found spots with us but it just didn?t work out for them with their previous clubs. Swings and roundabouts.

macca
06-09-2023, 08:48 PM
We do want to keep him - a quality back up is a great strategy. Tom Campbell, Dan Currie and plenty of others have 10+ year careers out of it.

I like to keep Sweet for potential to be one club Eker royalty

Danjul
06-09-2023, 08:57 PM
I don?t think it was sensible to play Darcy in a contact role so early. Too much chance he would be injured, so not surprised that it kept happening.

Danjul
06-09-2023, 09:00 PM

That hitout that Khamis got a few weeks ago was a thing of beauty. Won?t be repeated often in our lifetime.

Go_Dogs
06-09-2023, 09:11 PM

Yep. There are worse ways to earn $300k+ per year…

No issue with the comment either. Sweet is a good back up option for first ruck, and with Lobb’s age, Darcy’s injury history in his short career and English out of contract next year there are worse things we could do than keep him for another two years.

bulldogsthru&thru
06-09-2023, 09:14 PM
I'm more than happy to keep Sweet. I just don't think Sweet is dumb enough to hang around. But then again ruckman don't seem to make the best career decisions.

Bumper Bulldogs
07-09-2023, 10:28 AM

The issue I see. Why would he say we had a deal on the table for ?a year? this lets all other clubs know that he is gettable. They will chase hard and with anyone I. Competitive sport. You want to go to the dance not sit on the sidelines. Sweet knows (like we do) he can play. But he has seen Schacke, Young, etc on the same roundabout as himself

I like Sweet a lot and hope he stays but gets an opportunity to be number one ruck with Tim centre half forward.

hujsh
07-09-2023, 10:34 AM
The issue I see. Why would he say we had a deal on the table for ?a year? this lets all other clubs know that he is gettable. They will chase hard and with anyone I. Competitive sport. You want to go to the dance not sit on the sidelines. Sweet knows (like we do) he can play. But he has seen Schacke, Young, etc on the same roundabout as himself

I like Sweet a lot and hope he stays but gets an opportunity to be number one ruck with Tim centre half forward.

Because all other clubs already know he's gettable. His management would be out there selling him as a ready and waiting number 1 ruck stuck behind the reigning AA champ who's ready to move for opportunity. If he doesn't like the offers (no clubs offering decent playing time or more money or whatever) he knows he's got an offer on the table from the club and that they're happy to keep him.

bornadog
07-09-2023, 11:10 AM
If Sweet gets a chance to be number 1 ruck, or regular games somewhere else, I wouldn't blame him.

Back in the 70s, we had Gary Dempsey, one of the all time best AFL ruckman. We also had Barry Round who was also good but couldn't get a crack at it, so he left Footscray and went to Sydney. Ended up with a Brownlow, but no one could blame him for leaving.

mjp
07-09-2023, 11:11 AM
We seem to think we can treat players poorly and still expect them to sign on with us. Didn't work with Dunkley or Young and won't work with Sweet.

Dunks was a highly paid, premiership winning, B&F winner? How was he treated poorly??
Young? We drafted him and he got some games...as many as he's getting at Carlton. We offered him a contract and he decided to go to the blues for opportunity...he's a replacement player there as well.
Sweet? We drafted him - 17 other clubs could have and didn't. He's clearly developed but is the #2 ruckman at a club where the #1 has just been AA nominated...I do feel for him but that's circumstances not mistreatment. He HAS a contract offer - so he's wanted...if he goes elsewhere for more chances...well, good luck to him.

I don't think these guys have been mistreated.

bulldogsthru&thru
07-09-2023, 11:19 AM
Dunks was a highly paid, premiership winning, B&F winner? How was he treated poorly??
Young? We drafted him and he got some games...as many as he's getting at Carlton. We offered him a contract and he decided to go to the blues for opportunity...he's a replacement player there as well.
Sweet? We drafted him - 17 other clubs could have and didn't. He's clearly developed but is the #2 ruckman at a club where the #1 has just been AA nominated...I do feel for him but that's circumstances not mistreatment. He HAS a contract offer - so he's wanted...if he goes elsewhere for more chances...well, good luck to him.

I don't think these guys have been mistreated.

Dunkley and Young were played out of position. Dunkley did a lot of ruck work which I'm sure he had no desire at all to do. Young was an intercepting defender who we played in ruck and up forward. Now Smith wants midfield time but we're playing him up forward or on a wing. I don't blame these guys for looking elsewhere.

mjp
07-09-2023, 11:47 AM
Dunkley and Young were played out of position. Dunkley did a lot of ruck work which I'm sure he had no desire at all to do. Young was an intercepting defender who we played in ruck and up forward. Now Smith wants midfield time but we're playing him up forward or on a wing. I don't blame these guys for looking elsewhere.

"a LOT" of ruck work?? Please. He did 'a bit' - and basically none last year...he still left. Bigger story there I reckon.

I think you should ask Young if he would prefer to be playing this weekend as a backup ruckman/forward or sitting in the stands watching? 'Cos he's going to be doing the latter.

Bazza - no arguments from me - he probably is an inside mid and needs more time there. But he is also behind a few - Bont, Liber, Treloar - and needs to bide his time like every young player.

I'm not sure what you want - only 22 play and there are limited spots in each position.

bulldogsthru&thru
07-09-2023, 12:00 PM
"a LOT" of ruck work?? Please. He did 'a bit' - and basically none last year...he still left. Bigger story there I reckon.

I think you should ask Young if he would prefer to be playing this weekend as a backup ruckman/forward or sitting in the stands watching? 'Cos he's going to be doing the latter.

Bazza - no arguments from me - he probably is an inside mid and needs more time there. But he is also behind a few - Bont, Liber, Treloar - and needs to bide his time like every young player.

I'm not sure what you want - only 22 play and there are limited spots in each position.

I'm not suggesting they are the primary reasons players leave but they probably don't help. If you're Dunkley and hate pinch hitting in the ruck, suddenly you're more open to considering other options if they come along. The same could happen with Baz.

I agree we are crowded on the midfield space but if we value Smith highly we should start to think about other roles for Libba, Treloar or Macrae and prioritise Baz who is the future of the midfield.

Sweet and Young are barely AFL quality so it's understandable that we don't always cater to their requirements. Replacing them isn't as difficult. But high calibre players like Dunkley and Smith we need to ensure we keep them happy and playing in their best position. Yes Dunkley didn't ruck in 2022 but his mind was made up back in 2020. He was basically our 2nd ruck in the covid years. I'm sure it was primarily other reasons he left but you can't help but wonder if he would have been a little more content if he had never rucked.

mjp
07-09-2023, 01:26 PM
I'm not suggesting they are the primary reasons players leave but they probably don't help. If you're Dunkley and hate pinch hitting in the ruck, suddenly you're more open to considering other options if they come along. The same could happen with Baz.

Yep - that's all fair enough (I cut the quote down for space)...I guess I just bristle a bit with the 'mistreated' narrative because I just think it's an unfair narrative.

bulldogsthru&thru
07-09-2023, 01:39 PM
Yep - that's all fair enough (I cut the quote down for space)...I guess I just bristle a bit with the 'mistreated' narrative because I just think it's an unfair narrative.

Yes perhaps mistreated was a poor word choice on my part. From all reports we have some of the better player treatment going around.

Danjul
07-09-2023, 04:28 PM
Sorry, I don?t.

Lets look at the trajectory of two young players starting their AFL careers with the Bulldogs. One mentioned here and a more recent one for comparison. Both natural backmen.

Young: 1st season - 7 games. Possessions: 8 8 10. 11. 16. 16 21. Got 6 games in the next 3 years.

JOD: 1st 7 games - possessions: 4. 4. 5. 5. 6. 8. 10.

I assume everyone can see what has happened here. JOD has been half as good on this metric. Everyone loves him so much that the coach can bask in the limelight of his spectacular selection prowess. Clearly we have a star for endless seasons into the future is the WOOF description.

I think he has talent and is developing well, but he has been treated very differently from some other players. Coachs pet comes to mind.

He played poorly as a forward and still got selected. But lately we have seen a pattern with poorly performing forwards staying in the team to develop skills.

Good on him, got some good luck and I am confident that he is going to be an asset.

Young left and got more games in one year with a new club than he got in five years with the Dogs. Good on him.

Even though he is fading he will always be able to say he tried and got some success. Personally I think he had talent, but unfortunately he was simply stuffed around and not developed.

He shouldn?t complain though, He was the preferred ruckman when Dunkley clearly cracked it and the cupboard was bare except for Sweet.

SquirrelGrip
07-09-2023, 06:28 PM
Sorry, I don?t.

Lets look at the trajectory of two young players starting their AFL careers with the Bulldogs. One mentioned here and a more recent one for comparison. Both natural backmen.

Young: 1st season - 7 games. Possessions: 8 8 10. 11. 16. 16 21. Got 6 games in the next 3 years.

JOD: 1st 7 games - possessions: 4. 4. 5. 5. 6. 8. 10.

I assume everyone can see what has happened here. JOD has been half as good on this metric. Everyone loves him so much that the coach can bask in the limelight of his spectacular selection prowess. Clearly we have a star for endless seasons into the future is the WOOF description.

I think he has talent and is developing well, but he has been treated very differently from some other players. Coachs pet comes to mind.

He played poorly as a forward and still got selected. But lately we have seen a pattern with poorly performing forwards staying in the team to develop skills.

Good on him, got some good luck and I am confident that he is going to be an asset.

Young left and got more games in one year with a new club than he got in five years with the Dogs. Good on him.

Even though he is fading he will always be able to say he tried and got some success. Personally I think he had talent, but unfortunately he was simply stuffed around and not developed.

He shouldn?t complain though, He was the preferred ruckman when Dunkley clearly cracked it and the cupboard was bare except for Sweet.

This is a completely false narrative. We have no visibility on this board of a player’s communication, training effort, and following of coach’s direction.

Young may have played more games in one year for Carlton than with us. Of course he did, as they saw something we didn’t. Interestingly as the year progressed Carlton have managed him out of the team as well. This is telling.

I think Young was the opposite to stuffed around and not developed. He was given opportunities in multiple positions to find where he could be of most value. We would have kept him on but he chose to go somewhere where he thought he could get a regular game.

Danjul
07-09-2023, 08:10 PM
This is a completely false narrative. We have no visibility on this board of a player?s communication, training effort, and following of coach?s direction.

Young may have played more games in one year for Carlton than with us. Of course he did, as they saw something we didn?t. Interestingly as the year progressed Carlton have managed him out of the team as well. This is telling.

I think Young was the opposite to stuffed around and not developed. He was given opportunities in multiple positions to find where he could be of most value. We would have kept him on but he chose to go somewhere where he thought he could get a regular game.

Young started playing in 2017, a year after Cordy. They are getting to the end of their careers. There?s nothing telling about it. Stop denigrating the guy.

It didn?t work out for him with us so he wisely moved on before it was too late. He got games in a team that was above the Dogs for most of the time and now others are passing him going the other way.

He can look back on a couple of finals so his time wasn?t totally wasted.

hujsh
07-09-2023, 08:19 PM
Young started playing in 2017, a year after Cordy. They are getting to the end of their careers. There?s nothing telling about it. Stop denigrating the guy.

It didn?t work out for him with us so he wisely moved on before it was too late. He got games in a team that was above the Dogs for most of the time and now others are passing him going the other way.

He can look back on a couple of finals so his time wasn?t totally wasted.

What?

bornadog
07-09-2023, 09:05 PM
What?

Young is 24 years old :D

Danjul
07-09-2023, 10:43 PM
Young is 24 years old :D
If they can?t lock in a position after six seasons a player usually isn?t going to. I don?t expect that he will get many more games.

Could be kept as a backup for a while but every year there is more competition for a limited number of positions. His most recent games were filling in the ruck weren?t they? Not much future for him there.

bornadog
07-09-2023, 11:08 PM
If they can?t lock in a position after six seasons a player usually isn?t going to. I don?t expect that he will get many more games.

Could be kept as a backup for a while but every year there is more competition for a limited number of positions. His most recent games were filling in the ruck weren?t they? Not much future for him there.

Tall players mature from age 24 plus. He should be hitting his peak but he isn't good enough.

hujsh
07-09-2023, 11:09 PM

So, why is it denigrating Young to say that much like at the Bulldogs, Carlton over time haven't felt he was quite up to the standard required to get regular games as a key defender? Especially if you feel his career is nearly over meaning other clubs must share that view.

whythelongface
07-09-2023, 11:24 PM
So, why is it denigrating Young to say that much like at the Bulldogs, Carlton over time haven't felt he was quite up to the standard required to get regular games as a key defender? Especially if you feel his career is nearly over meaning other clubs must share that view.

It is hard fact rather than denigrating. Young wasn’t good enough, JOD has shown more in the 10 games he has played with us. Sure the stats may not indicate that but he looks more composed and self assured. Feel much more at ease with him in the backline than Young. Young is like Schache, shows potential but ultimately not good enough. Not a pot at either of them. Just the facts.

jeemak
07-09-2023, 11:25 PM
This thread has turned awesome.

bornadog
07-09-2023, 11:31 PM
This thread has turned awesome.

Unlike Sweet :D

Nuggety Back Pocket
08-09-2023, 04:08 PM

I agree we are crowded on the midfield space but if we value Smith highly we should start to think about other roles for Libba, Treloar or Macrae and prioritise Baz who is the future of the midfield.

Sweet and Young are barely AFL quality so it's understandable that we don't always cater to their requirements. Replacing them isn't as difficult. But high calibre players like Dunkley and Smith we need to ensure we keep them happy and playing in their best position. Yes Dunkley didn't ruck in 2022 but his mind was made up back in 2020. He was basically our 2nd ruck in the covid years. I'm sure it was primarily other reasons he left but you can't help but wonder if he would have been a little more content if he had never rucked.

I am not convinced that we lost Dunkley because he didn?t want to play in the ruck. He previously wanted out to go to Essendon on a much higher contract but was denied a clearance. He then had a break out year to win our B and F, which then saw his partner and brother move to Brisbane for their own sporting interests. Then the Lions came hunting with a wonderful offer of $750,000 per year for 6 years, which was a huge incentive for him to move to a Club that is now in Premiership contention with his own form being outstanding.

jeemak
08-09-2023, 04:12 PM
It had nothing to do with his partner, - she stayed in Adelaide. He just wanted to be close to his partner's family and his best mate's partner like any normal person would.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
08-09-2023, 04:13 PM
It had nothing to do with his partner, - she stayed in Adelaide. He just wanted to be close to his partner's family and his best mate's partner like any normal person would.

and the weather, don't forget the weather.

lemmon
08-09-2023, 04:19 PM
I am not convinced that we lost Dunkley because he didn?t want to play in the ruck. He previously wanted out to go to Essendon on a much higher contract but was denied a clearance. He then had a break out year to win our B and F, which then saw his partner and brother move to Brisbane for their own sporting interests. Then the Lions came hunting with a wonderful offer of $750,000 per year for 6 years, which was a huge incentive for him to move to a Club that is now in Premiership contention with his own form being outstanding.

His partner is Adelaide-based - she plays for the Thunderbirds in the netball. Dunkley's sister plays netball up in Queensland though.

It's been reported that our offer wasn't far behind Brisbane's in terms of money.

I respect that Dunkley has largely kept his reasons for moving to himself. If it was money or lifestyle - well, that's the modern game. If it was due to personality or relationship reasons as has been hinted, he's saved us a heap of media scrutiny and hand-wringing by not airing dirty washing in public.

ReLoad
08-09-2023, 04:19 PM
and the weather, don't forget the weather.

and the playing surface......

mjp
08-09-2023, 06:00 PM

Man I battle with this part.

I just don't think you can have it both ways. He was either mistreated and not developed or he was a player who was:

a/. Offered a new contract at his existing club.
Think about that for a second. In 2022, he broke into the Carlton line-up due to a series of injuries to key defenders. I wonder what might have happened had he STAYED and Alex Keath suffered those same injury issues? Maybe - just maybe - he is given an opportunity that he is in a position to TAKE and holds his place in the side...and with an ageing Keath and a misplaced Bruce his competition during 2023, he continues to hold his place.

b/. Seen as desirable by other clubs and offered a multi-year deal with them.

Clearly he WAS developed as after 5-years on an AFL list he was offered a new contract at his current club AND head-hunted by a rival.

All of this is just so exhausting and I really want to know why the club and coaches are to blame for every talented junior coming through who doesn't become a 300 game player. At some point, you EARN selection with relentless performances at training and (to a lesser extent) in second tier footy. I'm not in the club but all those times when the MC chose Gardner over Young they did it for a reason - essentially they trusted Gardner in a way they COULD NOT trust Young. What was that way? I have no idea but there is something to be said for just being prepared to knuckle down and do your job and clearly the MC simply didn't /couldn't trust Young to do that...honestly...that's on the player. Be BETTER.

Suggesting Young was not developed and did not develop is complete crap. He was given opportunity - he wasn't good enough (according to the coaching staff) to hold down a position as a key defender at AFL level. As such, he was tried in other parts of the ground (ask some recent delisted players if THEY would have appreciated a chance to play, let alone the chance to play in multiple spots before receiving the "unfortunately we wont be offering you a contract" news)...Hell - we sent Liam Jones packing to Carlton - and they were about to send him packing...in desperation, they threw him back and much to the suprise of everyone (most of all, Liam Jones) it was a success. Was he 'stuffed around' because they tried a player who was a 'natural forward' and had played forward all his life in the back half? I would suggest he doesn't think so now!!!

I also don't understand how comparing him to O'Donnell is relevant in any way. Are you saying the club SHOULDN'T have given O'Donnell as many chances as they did this year or they SHOULD have...

Because if you are saying they shouldn't have, well - I sort of agree with that but that kind of contradicts what you're saying about Young. And if you are saying he SHOULD have been given the opportunities, well...isn't it OK for the club to perhaps learn from what you see as a mistake and stick by a young player a bit longer. You are saying O'Donnell is a coaches pet but Young isn't...at the same stage of their careers (1 year), they both got a similar run of games...I would say that right now on the coaches pet scale (if that even exists) they are dead even. What happens next? Well, I guess that depends on the quality of JOD's performances over summer and in the early portion of the 2024 season.

I genuinely don't get where you are coming from on this issue.

Young had some chances. He didn't play well enough as a back. The MC believed in his talent and looked for ways to get him into the side in alternative roles - he couldn't nail one of those positions down either...he chose to leave and go to Carlton...he's back playing reserves now that McGovern is back (Kemp has gone past him) and the narrative is still we have let a super-star leave.

I know the MC don't do everything right but in some cases - like this one with Young - they simply played the ball on it's merits and what's happened has happened.

Vred
08-09-2023, 06:11 PM
We've been put in such a weird/shit situation here.

Sweet could walk this year and honestly be playing number 1 ruck for another team, and I think do it pretty solidly.
English could walk next year and we'd be left with not much.

I really, really hope we manage to keep Sweet as a backup, just as insurance for an English departure.

mjp
08-09-2023, 06:18 PM

Sweet could walk this year and honestly be playing number 1 ruck for another team, and I think do it pretty solidly.

Why is it a weird situation?

We drafted a young ruckman and he has developed/gotten better...now he is MAYBE an attraction to another team looking for a #1b type option...he's not Max Gawn just yet but he is improving and might be a capable ruck at AFL level...

He's not a free agent so we'll be compensated if he leaves.

I don't get the angst. We're clearly chips in with English and have been for a while now...

Grantysghost
08-09-2023, 06:22 PM

English could walk next year and we'd be left with not much.

I really, really hope we manage to keep Sweet as a backup, just as insurance for an English departure.

What are your sources saying re Sweet?

hujsh
08-09-2023, 07:08 PM
I guess the upside is if Sweet and English left the nature of the game is there's some guy developing as a ruck waiting for their chance to be number 1 we can probably poach too.

Hotdog60
08-09-2023, 10:14 PM
I guess the upside is if Sweet and English left the nature of the game is there's some guy developing as a ruck waiting for their chance to be number 1 we can probably poach too.

Forward two year there's guy named Sweet playing for West Coast that goes all right and they just poached English we should see if we can steal their ruckman. :)

lemmon
08-09-2023, 11:39 PM
Forward two year there's guy named Sweet playing for West Coast that goes all right and they just poached English we should see if we can steal their ruckman. :)

I would've liked us to grab Harry Barnett in the draft last year...

whythelongface
13-09-2023, 08:59 PM
Delete - just noticed trade thread

Bulldog Revolution
14-09-2023, 02:53 PM
Why is it a weird situation?

We drafted a young ruckman and he has developed/gotten better...now he is MAYBE an attraction to another team looking for a #1b type option...he's not Max Gawn just yet but he is improving and might be a capable ruck at AFL level...

He's not a free agent so we'll be compensated if he leaves.

I don't get the angst. We're clearly chips in with English and have been for a while now...

Thats exactly the way it is

Sweet doesnt necessarily want to leave, he chose not to last year, but he didn't play this year, and he has now shown in the state league he is ready for the next step.

He had an excellent year in the VFL - but similar to the Grundy situation, he isn't a natural playing forward, so that makes him difficult to play as anything other than the main ruckman

Sweet has to go, Port have to offer something - at worst a third rounder to make it happen

Bumper Bulldogs
17-09-2023, 10:24 PM
Bloody hell really disappointed Sweet asked for a trade. Let’s hope that Ppwer gets a fair and reasonable deal done.

jazzadogs
17-09-2023, 11:13 PM
Bloody hell really disappointed Sweet asked for a trade. Let’s hope that Ppwer gets a fair and reasonable deal done.

Struggling to see a fair and reasonable option for Port with their current draft hand...

PORT
37, 43, 72, 90

They're not giving us 37 or 43 on their own (although that should be what Power asks for).

Grantysghost
17-09-2023, 11:20 PM
Struggling to see a fair and reasonable option for Port with their current draft hand...

PORT
37, 43, 72, 90

They're not giving us 37 or 43 on their own (although that should be what Power asks for).

How do they get Ratugolea and Zerk-Thatcher in?!

GVGjr
17-09-2023, 11:25 PM
How do they get Ratugolea and Zerk-Thatcher in?!

There is always the option of future picks being in the mix and they will start to finalise their playing list and who knows if they might trade a player or two out themselves. At the moment it looks tight but that might change.

macca
18-09-2023, 12:24 AM
There is always the option of future picks being in the mix and they will start to finalise their playing list and who knows if they might trade a player or two out themselves. At the moment it looks tight but that might change.

With picks 37,43,70,90 i can see they trade a player
Would like Dew , he is a good tagger

Bumper Bulldogs
18-09-2023, 07:07 AM

I?d straight swap Sweet for Dew. Only issue is will Bevo play him.

LifeLongBulldog
18-09-2023, 08:17 AM
With Sweet choosing Port Adelaide, what pick or player do you think we will get back in return? Last year Port had to give up a lot to get JHF, so I feel like their draft capital will be small and with Brandon Zerk-Thatcher and Esava Ratugolea asking for a trade as well who are probably rated higher as players will not help out on what we get back in return. I was thinking that potentially Josh Sinn could be a good option as a swap. He was a high draft pick in 2021, he is young and can't seem to break into the midfield with Butters and Rozee going so well. Which a young midfield is an area of need for us? Any thoughts?

G-Mo77
18-09-2023, 08:28 AM
I don't know how we can expect much. We won't play him so our hand is already shown. If we get a pick with points attached we'll have to accept it.

GVGjr
18-09-2023, 08:39 AM

The experts are predicting that perhaps 60 players are to be selected in the draft so at the moment picks 37 and 43 are the only 2 picks worth anything to the other clubs.

Either pick would be attractive to us but getting Port to hand one over will be difficult.

I can't see Port letting Drew go but perhaps a great offer for Duursma might be tempting for them.

GVGjr
18-09-2023, 08:58 AM
With Sweet choosing Port Adelaide, what pick or player do you think we will get back in return? Last year Port had to give up a lot to get JHF, so I feel like their draft capital will be small and with Brandon Zerk-Thatcher and Esava Ratugolea asking for a trade as well who are probably rated higher as players will not help out on what we get back in return. I was thinking that potentially Josh Sinn could be a good option as a swap. He was a high draft pick in 2021, he is young and can't seem to break into the midfield with Butters and Rozee going so well. Which a young midfield is an area of need for us? Any thoughts?

I wonder if Kane Farrell is in anyway gettable? He could potential fill the Duryea small defenders position and is a great kick of the football and versatile. He's coming off his best season with Port so he wouldn't come cheaply but you would have to think Port will need to let someone decent go to bring in the players that have nominated Port as the club they want to be traded to.

Grantysghost
18-09-2023, 09:25 AM
I wonder if Kane Farrell is in anyway gettable? He could potential fill the Duryea small defenders position and is a great kick of the football and versatile. He's coming off his best season with Port so he wouldn't come cheaply but you would have to think Port will need to let someone decent go to bring in the players that have nominated Port as the club they want to be traded to.

Don't mind Farrell. He's a neat player, only question is he a defender or a running back like Dale.

We may be able to pry a player out considering the work they have to do. Would need something coming back from us I would expect.

Mofra
18-09-2023, 09:47 AM
Don't mind Farrell. He's a neat player, only question is he a defender or a running back like Dale.

We may be able to pry a player out considering the work they have to do. Would need something coming back from us I would expect.
Great kick, but he is a worse one on one defender than Dale.

We can't expect much for Sweet - the ruck merry go round tends to value these fringe rucks in the 3rd-4th rounder range.

Grantysghost
18-09-2023, 09:56 AM
Great kick, but he is a worse one on one defender than Dale.

We can't expect much for Sweet - the ruck merry go round tends to value these fringe rucks in the 3rd-4th rounder range.

The Preuss for 31 to GWS deal gives me some hope. However, they had picks coming out of their everywhere.

bulldogtragic
18-09-2023, 09:58 AM
I haven?t seen Riley Bonner in years, but, is he worth offering a lifeline to as UFA to cover TOB/Croz, and to offer just enough to trigger third round compo (pick 50) and then to cover it a bit say trade Sweet & 84 for 50 & 70. That could work.

I?m thinking it could be two years on a slightly higher salary, or three years at slightly less.

But not literally having seen Bonner in years (just his stats and being an ok size for mid defender and only 26yo) I?ve no idea if he?s worth getting into cover TOB/Croz.

Edit: Those points could be around 1/3 of what we need for Croft.

GVGjr
18-09-2023, 10:19 AM
That's the sort of innovative solution that might be worth considering. In the past that might have been seen as tampering but now that clubs can effectively sell picks it might very well be in play.

Good suggestion BT

soupman
18-09-2023, 10:42 AM
No way are they giving away Sinn cheaply. High draft pick who has barely been fit but everytime he is seems to be in the selection mix.

Dylan Williams could be a candidate. Had his breakout year this year but despite that was often pushed into the sub role. Good medium size, not especially quick but a very good piercing kick and seems decent overhead. I think he fits the general defender mould (which typically play taller at Port), but with a damaging kick. BZT is a taller but similiar athletic profile, I don't know if they see Williams being best 22 once he arrives.

I like Drew as well, but he is a regular in the lineup.

Francis Evans seems to be a well built and more effective version of what we are trying to get the likes of McNeil to be in our lineup. He might be worth getting in the ear of.

On the plus side unlike other years we have been given a months notice to start talking to these guys so hopefully that bigger run in than we got with Brisbane last year enables us to convince one to come over.

Grantysghost
18-09-2023, 10:47 AM
No way are they giving away Sinn cheaply. High draft pick who has barely been fit but everytime he is seems to be in the selection mix.

Dylan Williams could be a candidate. Had his breakout year this year but despite that was often pushed into the sub role. Good medium size, not especially quick but a very good piercing kick and seems decent overhead. I think he fits the general defender mould (which typically play taller at Port), but with a damaging kick. BZT is a taller but similiar athletic profile, I don't know if they see Williams being best 22 once he arrives.

I like Drew as well, but he is a regular in the lineup.

Francis Evans seems to be a well built and more effective version of what we are trying to get the likes of McNeil to be in our lineup. He might be worth getting in the ear of.

On the plus side unlike other years we have been given a months notice to start talking to these guys so hopefully that bigger run in than we got with Brisbane last year enables us to convince one to come over.

Williams was great against us earlier in the season.

I was surprised to look through their side for the semi and he wasn't in it.

Good suggestion. be a yes please for mine.

Sedat
18-09-2023, 10:51 AM
I was surprised to look through their side for the semi and he wasn't in it.
Did his hammy the week before.

Concur with the previous comments on Farrell - he's obviously a beautiful kick but he cannot defend one-on-one to save himself. He is basically an inferior version of Dale in that regard, and I don't want any more players in our back half who cannot actually defend one-on-one when required.

bulldogtragic
12-10-2023, 04:31 PM
Barrett saying Sweet may be now staying!

Why?

angelopetraglia
12-10-2023, 04:31 PM
Full quote.

"Weirdly enough, the Dogs may just be able to retain someone they didn't want to lose in Jordan Sweet."

- Damian Barrett on Jordon Sweet possibly staying at Whitten Oval

hujsh
12-10-2023, 04:36 PM

Why?

Well maybe he doesn't want to move to remain depth (if Soldo goes) and sees Melbourne building up salary cap with a 32 year old Gawn and sees a spot for himself here longer term?

bulldogtragic
12-10-2023, 04:38 PM
Well maybe he doesn't want to move to remain depth (if Soldo goes) and sees Melbourne building up salary cap with a 32 year old Gawn and sees a spot for himself here longer term?

If he’s staying, it’s hard not to think one reason might be Tim not being here. Melbourne have 6 & 11…

mjp
12-10-2023, 04:40 PM

Why?

Well, in the event he does stay that gives us another 12-months worth of weekly content on WOOF.

bulldogtragic
12-10-2023, 04:41 PM
Well, in the event he does stay that gives us another 12-months worth of weekly content on WOOF.

Does that mean GVGjr keeps open or shuts WOOF?

hujsh
12-10-2023, 04:46 PM
Does that mean GVGjr keeps open or shuts WOOF?

If he shuts WOOF I'll do whatever GG is going to do if we don't take Sanders.

hujsh
12-10-2023, 04:47 PM
Full quote.

"Weirdly enough, the Dogs may just be able to retain someone they didn't want to lose in Jordan Sweet."

- Damian Barrett on Jordon Sweet possibly staying at Whitten Oval
Apparently this was just Barrett theorizing and it's not based on anything so don't anyone get their hopes up about FFC remaining the land of candy

Grantysghost
12-10-2023, 05:00 PM
If he shuts WOOF I'll do whatever GG is going to do if we don't take Sanders.

Wood.com

It's the new woof in honour of Easton

bulldogtragic
12-10-2023, 05:02 PM
Wood.com

I don’t want to enter that domain, but pretty sure it might be taken and not be footy related.

Grantysghost
12-10-2023, 05:06 PM
I don’t want to enter that domain, but pretty sure it might be taken and not be footy related.
What if it's pictures of Easton?

Topdog
12-10-2023, 05:10 PM
Apparently this was just Barrett theorizing and it's not based on anything so don't anyone get their hopes up about FFC remaining the land of candy

So the same as every other story from Barrett

bulldogtragic
12-10-2023, 05:33 PM

He might want to know that?

Grantysghost
12-10-2023, 05:38 PM
He might want to know that?

https://live-production.wcms.abc-cdn.net.au/559738f55ef71a08813b37d3cfd6442d?impolicy=wcms_crop_resize&cropH=2683&cropW=4770&xPos=0&yPos=0&width=862&height=485

chef
12-10-2023, 05:41 PM
Wood.com

Sounds dodgy

EasternWest
12-10-2023, 05:47 PM

I'm in.

Jasper
12-10-2023, 05:51 PM
Im all for keeping Sweet but surely the deal with Port gets done.

Mantis
12-10-2023, 06:12 PM
I'm in.

I'm surprised it took you 47min to register your interest.

EasternWest
12-10-2023, 07:13 PM
I'm surprised it took you 47min to register your interest.

It takes me a while to crawl out of Easton's ceiling.

Grantysghost
12-10-2023, 07:16 PM
It takes me a while to crawl out of Easton's ceiling.

Just to make you jealous, I got a full HARD man hug from Easton on GF night. Total wrap around hug. He nearly picked me up.I still feel his biceps...............

bulldogsthru&thru
12-10-2023, 07:22 PM
Just to make you jealous, I got a full HARD man hug from Easton on GF night. Total wrap around hug. He nearly picked me up.I still feel his biceps...............

Well....didn't know where you were going with that. Thought it might have been related to the new website.

Grantysghost
12-10-2023, 07:36 PM
Well....didn't know where you were going with that. Thought it might have been related to the new website.

This was just before it happened, thats me with the crowny

https://i.postimg.cc/Y9MLZv3m/bevoandme.png (https://postimg.cc/5HKtFNDx)

choconmientay
12-10-2023, 07:46 PM
Despite the speculation for Sweet to stay. In a sense, I want this deal to get done and this will force our hands to commit to Tim English this year/next year as we'd not have any backup for Ruck. (Or did we just recruited J Harmes for that?! :) ). I so wanted for Tim and Jamara to share the good news this year that they have extended. I am on the fence with Baz and think he is gone either this year or next. From his own admission, he didn't really accepted the 'challenge' to play forward this year, so will he accept it going forward?

Grantysghost
12-10-2023, 07:49 PM
moz for scale.

https://i.postimg.cc/tJ3s5Pwc/mozandme.png (https://postimages.org/)

The bulldog tragician
12-10-2023, 07:54 PM
This was just before it happened, thats me with the crowny

https://i.postimg.cc/Y9MLZv3m/bevoandme.png (https://postimg.cc/5HKtFNDx)

Bevo is so…young. Not careworn at all.

chef
12-10-2023, 08:06 PM
moz for scale.

Need to see a photo of you after the other GF.

Grantysghost
12-10-2023, 08:06 PM
Bevo is so…young. Not careworn at all.

I recall very few things from that night trag.

Libba gave me he weirdest handshake ever

Easton hugged me.

Stringer rejected me.

Bevo : I said can you believe this? He said no mate I can't.

Grantysghost
12-10-2023, 08:07 PM

It's just macaroons and beer.

Twodogs
12-10-2023, 08:26 PM
I'm in.

Stupid sexy Easton Wood

1eyedog
12-10-2023, 08:43 PM
Stupid sexy Jake Stringer being aloof.

Grantysghost
12-10-2023, 08:50 PM
Stupid sexy Jake Stringer being aloof.

Ha!.
I've got a pic with Caleb I've shown him a couple of times he just rolls his eyes in a nice way xD

Happy Days
12-10-2023, 09:42 PM
moz for scale.

Better looking than expected?

bornadog
13-10-2023, 04:21 AM
which GF :D

EasternWest
13-10-2023, 08:54 AM
better looking than expected?

ssgg

Grantysghost
13-10-2023, 09:07 AM
Better looking than expected?

Moz definitely - not me.

MrMahatma
13-10-2023, 10:03 AM
Can Sweet be a ruck coach also?