Sun, May 5 Carlton vs North Melbourne Marvel Stadium Fox 1:10pm
Sun, May 5 Geelong Cats vs Essendon MCG Seven & Fox 3:20pm
Sun, May 5 Adelaide Crows vs Fremantle Adelaide Oval Fox 4:40pm

Eastdog
01-05-2019, 08:20 PM
Bump

ledge
03-05-2019, 09:43 PM
I hope our Team are watching how this Collingwood forward/mids work together.

EasternWest
03-05-2019, 11:18 PM
I hope our Team are watching how this Collingwood forward/mids work together.

They're good, the Pies.

bornadog
03-05-2019, 11:43 PM
They're good, the Pies.

We had them and lost by 14

EasternWest
04-05-2019, 12:05 PM
We had them and lost by 14

But we are the worst team in the league and we should sack the coach so I don't believe you.

bornadog
04-05-2019, 01:53 PM
But we are the worst team in the league and we should sack the coach so I don't believe you.

You have been reading WOOF :D

EasternWest
04-05-2019, 02:21 PM
You have been reading WOOF :D

How can you tell?

macca
04-05-2019, 02:36 PM
Who are the midfield and forward coach for the pies ? Out of curiosity . Do they have a kicking coach ?

bornadog
04-05-2019, 03:43 PM
Who are the midfield and forward coach for the pies ? Out of curiosity . Do they have a kicking coach ?

Robert Harvey is Mids

DOG GOD
04-05-2019, 04:08 PM

Rob Harvey- mids
Brenton Sanderson - fwds
Justin Longmuir - backs
Tarkyn Lockyer - Young mids
Brad Gotch - academy coach
Garry Hocking - stoppages
Matt Boyd - development
Jared Rivers - VFL
Anthony Rocca - works with Key position players

Rocket Science
04-05-2019, 04:14 PM
I've a funny feeling Bucks' mate Sanderson presently looks after their forwards.

Anthony Rocca's on staff too, he'd be a handy resource with a bit of set shot tuition.

Rocket Science
04-05-2019, 04:32 PM
Ah jeez if Hawthorn cough up a win to Melbourne I'll fair dinkum spew up.

G-Mo77
04-05-2019, 04:55 PM
Ah jeez if Hawthorn cough up a win to Melbourne I'll fair dinkum spew up.

I picked the Dees. As bad as they've been I think Hawthorn are the most overrated team going around right now.

Rocket Science
04-05-2019, 05:01 PM
I picked the Dees. As bad as they've been I think Hawthorn are the most overrated team going around right now.

Oh you're bang on about Hawthorn, I just want Melbourne's misery to have no end.

ledge
04-05-2019, 05:08 PM

I don’t over rate them I respect them as a team who never gets smashed and are a chance to beat anyone, a team who will beat you if you’re off your game by 5%.

GVGjr
04-05-2019, 05:22 PM

I think they'll be happy enough to secure the win today. I agree the Hawks aren't that much of a threat at the moment

bornadog
04-05-2019, 05:28 PM

Yep, I picked them as well. Hawks were lucky to beat Carlton last week.

bornadog
04-05-2019, 05:29 PM
Saints now starting to falter, down to where I expected them

Rocket Science
04-05-2019, 06:00 PM
Bloody Dawks.

Good thing Melbourne have by far the worst percentage in the comp otherwise they'd probably be above us at the end of this round assuming we get done by Richmond.

bulldogtragic
04-05-2019, 06:50 PM
Bloody Dawks.

Good thing Melbourne have by far the worst percentage in the comp otherwise they'd probably be above us at the end of this round assuming we get done by Richmond.

Since we have the Hawks third round pick, the more they lose the better. Granted with Melbourne, it's bitter sweet.

GVGjr
04-05-2019, 07:01 PM
Since we have the Hawks third round pick, the more they lose the better. Granted with Melbourne, it's bitter sweet.

And it's just good to see them down the order

Bulldog4life
04-05-2019, 11:40 PM
So glad we didn't give up the world for Wingard. Heard a couple of the hawks players had a serious chat with him at half time.

EasternWest
04-05-2019, 11:42 PM
So glad we didn't give up the world for Wingard. Heard a couple of the hawks players had a serious chat with him at half time.

Taking that aside, on pure evidence no way would I give up Smith for him.

Grantysghost
04-05-2019, 11:47 PM
Taking that aside, on pure evidence no way would I give up Smith for him.

Roughead and I think Burgoyne no less. Have to say Chad doesnt look in great condition physically.

Remi Moses
05-05-2019, 12:10 AM
Dodged a massive bullet with Wingard
Plays on his own terms

Rocket Science
05-05-2019, 03:32 PM
So the Blues-Roos half time score is 1.7 to 10.6.

Explain to me again how in almighty f**k we managed to lose to CARLTON please and thank you.

bornadog
05-05-2019, 03:34 PM
So the Roos-Blues half time score is 1.7 to 10.6.

Explain to me again how in almighty f**k we managed to lose to CARLTON please and thank you.

As I said at the time, our worse loss under Bevo.

It happens, an off day. Just erase it from your memory :D

bornadog
05-05-2019, 04:04 PM
Liam Jones out cold

Sedat
05-05-2019, 07:06 PM
Ross Lyon special going on in Adelaide - 13 v 14 and we're already into the 3rd qtr

NoseBleed
05-05-2019, 07:15 PM
"For the Hawks yesterday, it was new recruit Chad Wingard under the microscope. Jarryd Roughead was seen having a stern word with the former Port Adelaide star out on the ground as he finished with 14 disposals and one behind in a match in which he struggled to make an impact.

Lloyd said: “There’s more sizzle than sausage for this man. His sizzle looks good but deep down at the end of the day he doesn’t do a lot.

“He’s got the odd highlight where he sparkles up and you think this looks good, but at the end of the day he just does not do enough.

“He’s got to do the little things well.”

Cornes added: “At his best they win yesterday but they’re not getting the money that they paid for him right now.”

Bulldog4life
05-05-2019, 11:19 PM

They had 4 of their better players out, Too lazy to look up who Rocket.

Testekill
06-05-2019, 05:06 PM
"For the Hawks yesterday, it was new recruit Chad Wingard under the microscope. Jarryd Roughead was seen having a stern word with the former Port Adelaide star out on the ground as he finished with 14 disposals and one behind in a match in which he struggled to make an impact.

Lloyd said: “There’s more sizzle than sausage for this man. His sizzle looks good but deep down at the end of the day he doesn’t do a lot.

“He’s got the odd highlight where he sparkles up and you think this looks good, but at the end of the day he just does not do enough.

“He’s got to do the little things well.”

Cornes added: “At his best they win yesterday but they’re not getting the money that they paid for him right now.”

I'm so glad we missed out on him.

Grantysghost
06-05-2019, 05:09 PM

Kruezer, McGovern, Simpson, Newman.

First three in their best ten.

EasternWest
06-05-2019, 06:27 PM

Yet Richmond had their first four picked out but that's been dismissed by a few.

bornadog
06-05-2019, 06:32 PM
Yet Richmond had their first four picked out but that's been dismissed by a few.

We had 3 of our first picked out as well.

Grantysghost
06-05-2019, 06:33 PM

Dusty and Lynch were playing but they did have a fair few out that's for sure. Cotchin, Reiwoldt, Rance, Astbury the biggest names missing.

Twodogs
06-05-2019, 07:27 PM

I've got no ****ing idea how that happened. It may even cost us a spot in the ****ing finals.

Please and very ****ing thank you.

They haven't got four good players.

GVGjr
06-05-2019, 07:31 PM
I'm so glad we missed out on him.

You might have a rethink of that if you see him in full flight but I'm with you that if it meant not landing Bailey Smith ( I know the club insists that pick 7 last year was never on the table) then I'm glad he was more attracted to going over to the Hawks.

Testekill
06-05-2019, 10:36 PM
You might have a rethink of that if you see him in full flight but I'm with you that if it meant not landing Bailey Smith ( I know the club insists that pick 7 last year was never on the table) then I'm glad he was more attracted to going over to the Hawks.

I definitely say it because he doesn't seem like the type with the motivation to consistently stay at a superstar level these days. He's a phenomenal talent but has lacked the application for years

Webby
06-05-2019, 10:53 PM
1. Hawthorn are in more trouble than Burke & Wills
2. Wingard has made the wrong choice
3. I’m overjoyed about all of the above

EasternWest
07-05-2019, 07:24 PM
We had 3 of our first picked out as well.

Indulge me. Tell me what players we were missing of the calibre of Rance, Cotchin, Riewoldt and Astbury.

Twodogs
07-05-2019, 07:31 PM
Indulge me. Tell me what players we were missing of the calibre of Rance, Cotchin, Riewoldt and Astbury.

Morris is a better player than any of those. Suckling is really important to us.

EasternWest
07-05-2019, 08:15 PM
Morris is a better player than any of those. Suckling is really important to us.

Dale Morris is my all time favourite player but that's garbage and you know it.

Does Suckling being "really important to us" (in your opinion) decrease the importance of those four to them?

But I will allow it, because one eyed bias is something I understand.

ledge
07-05-2019, 09:02 PM
Dale Morris is my all time favourite player but that's garbage and you know it.

Does Suckling being "really important to us" (in your opinion) decrease the importance of those four to them?

But I will allow it, because one eyed bias is something I understand.
Picken and Boyd are big losses.
The fact one is retired he was still expected to play and a loss, the other injury and mental health but when healthy he is a very good player we miss.

EasternWest
07-05-2019, 09:05 PM
Picken and Boyd are big losses.
The fact one is retired he was still expected to play and a loss, the other injury and mental health but when healthy he is a very good player we miss.

Respectfully I think their missing players are far more important and just better players than any we were missing.

I'm a fan of Boyd and I remain hopeful, but he's had one blazing moment in an ok career to this point, and Picken is adored for all the right reasons and was a damn good player, but not in the same league as Cotchin, Rance or Riewoldt.

ledge
07-05-2019, 09:16 PM
Respectfully I think their missing players are far more important and just better players than any we were missing.

I'm a fan of Boyd and I remain hopeful, but he's had one blazing moment in an ok career to this point, and Picken is adored for all the right reasons and was a damn good player, but not in the same league as Cotchin, Rance or Riewoldt.

I’m just making the point we had senior players missing that are definitely first players including Morris.
In the end both sides have the same amount of players run on the ground.

EasternWest
07-05-2019, 09:34 PM
I’m just making the point we had senior players missing that are definitely first players including Morris.
In the end both sides have the same amount of players run on the ground.

Sure, and I'm making the point, again, that the players they had missing were better than those we had missing and arguments to the contrary are crazy or biased or both.

It's fine to say that both sides had first picked players out - no problem with that, but believing the quality of absentees is the same is categorically untrue.

bornadog
07-05-2019, 11:39 PM
It's fine to say that both sides had first picked players out - no problem with that

Agree, that is what I claimed. Also add Duryea missing.

Bulldog4life
07-05-2019, 11:40 PM
Sure, and I'm making the point, again, that the players they had missing were better than those we had missing and arguments to the contrary are crazy or biased or both.

It's fine to say that both sides had first picked players out - no problem with that, but believing the quality of absentees is the same is categorically untrue.

I love being biased.

hujsh
08-05-2019, 11:17 AM
Get out of here with your logic EW. We don't need it. We're WOOF after a win! Everything is great, we're the best and we always will be. 6 in a row coming up.

Unless we lose to Brisbane in which case it's the spoon for us. Life will be a torrent of endless despair and misery from which the only escape is death.

EasternWest
08-05-2019, 04:29 PM
Agree, that is what I claimed. Also add Duryea missing.

Oh and don't forget they've traded Conca.

EasternWest
08-05-2019, 04:31 PM
Get out of here with your logic EW. We don't need it. We're WOOF after a win! Everything is great, we're the best and we always will be. 6 in a row coming up.

Unless we lose to Brisbane in which case it's the spoon for us. Life will be a torrent of endless despair and misery from which the only escape is death.

Lol.

A few people posted that "nothing is ever as good or bad as it seems" and I think that's true and wish it was invoked when people post sometimes.

Also the false equivalence about "first picked players missing". Any that we were missing made us a marginally better team, while Richmond were missing 4 players that made them an infinitely better team.

But we were missing players too.

ledge
08-05-2019, 04:33 PM

I guess it means was the difference 47 points though ?

EasternWest
08-05-2019, 05:12 PM
I guess it means was the difference 47 points though ?

Really good question,and I don't know the answer.

You can only play the side that's out there and we defeated them soundly.

The best I can honestly commit to is that I think even with their best we would still have been very competitive and I'd like to think good enough to win.