07-04-2019, 11:17 PM
Round 11, 2019

Fri, May 31 North Melbourne vs Richmond Marvel Stadium Seven & Fox 7:50pm

Sat, Jun 1 Collingwood vs Fremantle MCG Fox 1:45pm
Sat, Jun 1 GWS Giants vs Gold Coast Suns Sydney Showground Stadium Fox 1:45pm
Sat, Jun 1 Geelong Cats vs Sydney Swans GMHBA Fox 4:35pm
Sat, Jun 1 Brisbane Lions vs Hawthorn The Gabba Fox 7:25pm
Sat, Jun 1 Melbourne vs Adelaide Crows TIO Stadium Seven & Fox 7:40pm

Sun, Jun 2 St Kilda vs Port Adelaide Adelaide Arena at Jiangwan Stadium Fox 2:40pm
Sun, Jun 2 Essendon vs Carlton MCG Seven & Fox 3:20pm
Sun, Jun 2 West Coast Eagles vs Western Bulldogs Optus Stadium Fox 5:20pm

Eastdog
29-05-2019, 07:56 PM
Bump

Rocket Science
31-05-2019, 11:06 PM
Hmmm maybe we should sack our coach too.

bornadog
31-05-2019, 11:46 PM
Hmmm maybe we should sack our coach too.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/9-20-2015/b4zCVK.gif

Remi Moses
31-05-2019, 11:51 PM
Honestly you’d have thought Brad Scott was a combination of Vince Lombardi and Norm Smith the way everyone’s carried on
Richmond show when their pressure’s off and with their players out , they struggle
Only saw the last and Norf look like they’re eyeing off that no man’s land position again

Rocket Science
01-06-2019, 12:04 PM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/9-20-2015/b4zCVK.gif

I'm genuinely going to miss his coaches box routine.

Twodogs
01-06-2019, 12:55 PM

He will get another gig.

bornadog
01-06-2019, 01:14 PM

Still got his brother

https://media.giphy.com/media/ucFVWKgfdvUd2/giphy.gif

Daughter of the West
01-06-2019, 04:38 PM
Jeez I'm glad it's not us in China

Saints fly in Shanghai back-ups after three players fall ill
Dinny Navaratnam
Jun 1, 2019
ILLNESS is sweeping through the St Kilda camp and reinforcements are on their way, with Ben Paton and Nick Hind making a last-minute flight to China after Jack Billings, Shane Savage and Daniel McKenzie missed Saturday's training session.

That trio is in doubt to face Port Adelaide on Sunday afternoon but the club is confident all will take to the field.

Blake Acres has already been ruled out of the crunch clash after he fell ill, but the club says that was different to what the trio has contracted.

Hind and Paton were not among the four emergencies named for the clash. Should either of them end up playing, it is unclear whether the Saints would be penalised for fielding a player not originally named in the 26-man squad.

The illnesses haven't been confined to the players either, with coach Alan Richardson also feeling off-colour and missing his weekly press conference.

He was replaced by Lade but the assistant coach wasn't concerned about the three sick players being right to face the Power.

"We had a couple stay back at the hotel, but they’re all fine. Shane Savage, Dan McKenzie and Jack Billings," Lade said.

A club spokesperson said none of that trio went out for dinner on Friday.

Hard-nosed captain Jarryn Geary was called in to replace Acres. The Saints also have Hunter Clark, Nick Coffield and key defender Darragh Joyce as emergencies.

Hind is yet to debut and is a zippy backman while Ben Paton has been impressive down back in his six games this season, before a right knee issue kept him out of last week's win over Carlton.

Both were due to line up for Sandringham on Sunday against Coburg.

Richardson also skipped the training session.

"Richo's just feeling a little bit off, so he stayed at the hotel and will get a bit of rest and hopefully he'll be right tomorrow," Lade said.

Despite the complications, Lade insisted the side hadn't been deterred from making the trip to China.

It's the Saints first time in China, and they have signed an agreement to face the Power here in 2020 and 2021 as well.

"Definitely not (enough to put us off the experience). It's great coming here to Shanghai. I've been here the last two years with Port. For a group to come over and spend four or five days here, that's really good for the group and we just need to get the result now," Lade said.

Grantysghost
01-06-2019, 04:54 PM
How did we let Hamling go so easily. He's a very very good defender.... Ultimate hubris.

Remi Moses
01-06-2019, 05:23 PM
I’m not sure about that
I know the pile in is popular because we’re going rubbish , but Hamling is on record in saying he wanted to head back to W.A.
Would have been nice to get a better deal , but let’s get the facts right on this

Grantysghost
01-06-2019, 05:25 PM
I’m not sure about that
I know the pile in is popular because we’re going rubbish , but Hamling is on record in saying he wanted to head back to W.A.
Would have been nice to get a better deal , but let’s get the facts right on this

Fair call. What are they?

Edit : I agree I don't want to be captain hindsight. I was ok with it at the time, not now. Better people than me should've realised his finals performances were critical.

Remi Moses
01-06-2019, 05:26 PM
Thought it was a wonderful contest , and full credit to the dockers .

DOG GOD
01-06-2019, 05:30 PM
Saw the last 7 mins and Freo played tough footy. Great result for them.

Remi Moses
01-06-2019, 05:30 PM

He wanted to head home having a sick father . What would you like the club to do ? They clearly thought Adams was his replacement, and he only played because Sick note Adams ( shock , horror ) got injured . I think
Joel’s been better than even we imagined .

G-Mo77
01-06-2019, 05:37 PM

Edit : I agree I don't want to be captain hindsight. I was ok with it at the time, not now. Better people than me should've realised his finals performances were critical.

You're right we should have gotten more. The trade was horrible back then and doesn't look any better with time.

Rocket Science
01-06-2019, 05:52 PM
Hamling's the prototypical defender for the modern game.

He's the very definition of 'versatile'.

bulldogtragic
01-06-2019, 05:59 PM
Over the course of the three year trading in good faith with Freo, it comes out effectively:

Hamling & pick 40
Crozier & pick 35 (traded with GCS into pick 26 - Pat Lipinski) & 2018 4th rounder to cover West/Khamis
Last year, doing a live points trade that then netted St Kilda's 2019 3rd rounder while securing Rhylee West

Over the three years, I think the clubs are doing well. Hamling has kicked on, Crozier was voted most courageous in his first year and has played at a high level. Lippa will be a player and the third rounder this year is golden.

I actually like we have a club that we can work with. I don't think it's too dire a trade in the broader 3 year trading context.

Out: Hamling, Pick 40
In: Crozier, Pick 26/Lippa, 2018 4th, 2019 3rd (St Kilda)

Remi Moses
01-06-2019, 06:42 PM
You're right we should have gotten more. The trade was horrible back then and doesn't look any better with time.

No win situation . Player wants home citing family reasons. Would have thought we haven’t done badly in the long run out of a no win situation

G-Mo77
01-06-2019, 06:50 PM
No win situation . Player wants home citing family reasons. Would have thought we haven’t done badly in the long run out of a no win situation

It's old news now but he's not the only player we have got unders for or basically given away. He was an asset on our list, one we helped develop into the player he is now and was a key to our 2016 success. We gave him to Freo for an upgrade of a 3rd round and 4th round pick. It was awful.

Twodogs
01-06-2019, 07:01 PM

But as it turns out his dad wasn't that sick and is perfectly fine now that Joel is back in Perth. We were ripped off majorly. Why did he even need to go back to live in Perth? We have these things called aeroplanes nowadays that can get you back to Perth in a few hours in case of an emergency.

After rescuing his career and making him into a premiership player Joel Hamling played us all for fools.

Rocket Science
01-06-2019, 07:51 PM
Swans are doing a fine impression of us versus the Cats.

Hanging with them in general play but inaccuracy - compared to the gallingly accurate home mob - undoing much of their hard work.

jeemak
01-06-2019, 08:43 PM
But as it turns out his dad wasn't that sick and is perfectly fine now that Joel is back in Perth. We were ripped off majorly. Why did he even need to go back to live in Perth? We have these things called aeroplanes nowadays that can get you back to Perth in a few hours in case of an emergency.

After rescuing his career and making him into a premiership player Joel Hamling played us all for fools.

TD I'm not really sure what to make of this. Notwithstanding I can't actually find on the web via a brief search what his father was ill with or if he's better, it's a pretty strong accusation to level!

jeemak
01-06-2019, 09:06 PM
Jeez Fremantle were lucky with Fyfe going to torp, turning it into a mongrel and finding Walters when the switch was clearly on to open up the other side of the forward line.

Not to mention the botched score review where they didn't check off the boot but went to the goal line instead in the third quarter incorrectly.

But, it was against Collingwood so it's all good.

mjp
01-06-2019, 09:30 PM
TD I'm not really sure what to make of this. Notwithstanding I can't actually find on the web via a brief search what his father was ill with or if he's better, it's a pretty strong accusation to level!

Do you want to add in that he isn’t from PERTH to the equation? Cos even being in Perth would still leave him a solid 2-days drive from home!

He wanted back to WA. It happens. He helped us to a flag. We helped him get back to Perth in a trade. We got compensated - not really overs and not really unders (though you can argue either way) and everyone moved on with life. Would he have become the player he is now without input from Lyon and help from fellow defenders Pearce and Ryan? I doubt it. Would Crozier have continued to develop his game the way he has at the ‘dogs being stifled by Lyon and swinging between back and forward every 2nd week because of the presence of Ryan, Hughes and Blakely? Unlikely.

We can always argue he was worth more but...

jeemak
01-06-2019, 09:37 PM
Do you want to add in that he isn’t from PERTH to the equation? Cos even being in Perth would still leave him a solid 2-days drive from home!

He wanted back to WA. It happens. He helped us to a flag. We helped him get back to Perth in a trade. We got compensated - not really overs and not really unders (though you can argue either way) and everyone moved on with life. Would he have become the player he is now without input from Lyon and help from fellow defenders Pearce and Ryan? I doubt it. Would Crozier have continued to develop his game the way he has at the ‘dogs being stifled by Lyon and swinging between back and forward every 2nd week because of the presence of Ryan, Hughes and Blakely? Unlikely.

We can always argue he was worth more but...

Well I didn't mention the travel, but a three hour flight usually equates to about six hours in transit in total, and I'm not really sure professional footballers can just up and leave all that regularly. The additional two days is kind of academic!

Tend to agree with your assessment and think we simplify trade period on this board too much, assuming deals are easier to negotiate and get done than they actually are.

jeemak
01-06-2019, 10:27 PM
I'd love Harris Andrews at the Dogs, he's just the player - or type of player - we need!

GVGjr
01-06-2019, 11:08 PM
Fourth soft tissue setback for Chad Wingard this season with latest hamstring injury.
As good as a player he is, we've possibly dodged a bullet when he picked the Hawks over us

Rocket Science
01-06-2019, 11:15 PM
Tee hee.

Onya Dees.

G-Mo77
01-06-2019, 11:19 PM
Tee hee.

Onya Dees.

Tanking :P

bornadog
01-06-2019, 11:35 PM
Jeez I'm glad it's not us in China

Total waste of money. Should be spending that money on grassroots footy, especially in regional areas.

G-Mo77
01-06-2019, 11:42 PM
Total waste of money. Should be spending that money on grassroots footy, especially in regional areas.

But the Tv's turned on over there. Lol.

Remi Moses
02-06-2019, 08:57 AM
Brisbane show their football maturity
5 goals down early and to be honest dominated the rest of the game .
This board went into meltdown when we didn’t land Wingard , and it’s looking like a massive bullet dodged.
Hodge really showed his value in that last quarter .

Hotdog60
02-06-2019, 09:02 AM
Fourth soft tissue setback for Chad Wingard this season with latest hamstring injury.
As good as a player he is, we've possibly dodged a bullet when he picked the Hawks over us

Yep, I think we came out ahead on that one.
Cornes bagging him out saying he doesn't do enough out of the club to prepare himself for games.

azabob
02-06-2019, 10:58 AM
Brisbane show their football maturity
5 goals down early and to be honest dominated the rest of the game .
This board went into meltdown when we didn’t land Wingard , and it’s looking like a massive bullet dodged.
Hodge really showed his value in that last quarter .

48 point turn around.

mjp
02-06-2019, 12:40 PM
Tee hee.

Onya Dees.
Was the 3rd leg of my multi:
North over tiges
Freo over Collingwood
Melbourne over Adelaide

Just kissed 800 goodbye! ;-(

Remi Moses
02-06-2019, 01:03 PM
Bloody Melbourne

azabob
02-06-2019, 01:30 PM

It may be too early to call. Apparently if the pre season training programs are different it can impact & lead to soft tissue injuries.

Rocket Science
02-06-2019, 02:09 PM
North over tiges
Freo over Collingwood
Melbourne over Adelaide

Oh dear.

This might help cheer you up.

https://i.ibb.co/74vHdnd/Screen-Shot-2019-06-02-at-1-05-44-PM.png (https://imgbb.com/)

bornadog
02-06-2019, 05:59 PM
Port showing the difference with accurate kicking. 22.6 to 9.14

Twodogs
02-06-2019, 07:57 PM
North over tiges
Freo over Collingwood
Melbourne over Adelaide

For someone who knows a lot about footy (and I have learned a lot from you) you can make some schoolboy errors, I mean Melbourne? Really? Why? What have they ever done to earn any sort of faith that they are on the right track? They've played their best footy for the season already.

Bloody Melbourne

See above.

Grantysghost
02-06-2019, 08:05 PM
Be an interesting analysis of where these two clubs have gone since that 2016 elimination final.

Remi Moses
02-06-2019, 09:23 PM
Mee How Saints