PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 15 2019 vs Port Adelaide

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
29-06-2019, 11:27 PM
Ok. It's been in the two's for a few weeks, but it's back tonight: the moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.'

What was it for you against Port tonight.

For me it was the 3rd quarter, our worst for the night.
The moment for me was a period of time.
We were challenged, Port lifted in the 3rd. We started to make poor executions, and Port looked likely.
Then we did something we've not been renowned for. In fact, something that has been our achilles heel: making the most of opposition mistakes.
Despite the trend of the game leaning heavily towards Port, momentum wise in the 3rd, we had 3 opportunities from turnovers from Port, and lo and beyold, we converted all 3.
For me that was the defining moment, because without that, I think Port go into the 4th either in front, or close and with loads of momentum.

bulldogtragic
29-06-2019, 11:31 PM
Having the ball in a players hand and think to myself in the moment 'he's actually going to kick it'. I'm on a 6.0 run with Schache.

Bumper Bulldogs
29-06-2019, 11:35 PM
For me it was Crozier mark in the third followed up by a Wood spoil that kept the bell front of the contest. These boys were just on all night with the one percentage things.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
29-06-2019, 11:54 PM
For me it was Crozier mark in the third followed up by a Wood spoil that kept the bell front of the contest. These boys were just on all night with the one percentage things.

I loved that mark by Crozier. He's going to place well in our B & F. Reckon he's in line for a best clubman award.

bornadog
29-06-2019, 11:58 PM
The moment was really the first quarter set up by The Bont. He was unstoppable and really set the tone for the game.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
30-06-2019, 12:03 AM
The moment was really the first quarter set up by The Bont. He was unstoppable and really set the tone for the game.

Ridiculous how well he got and used the ball in those conditions. For me it settles the debate about conditions being a leveller. His skill just was a standard deviation above everyone else.

AshMac
30-06-2019, 12:09 AM
Not sure there was one moment in that match. It was just a four quarter grind. Our ability to stem their momentum in the 3rd quarter and kick away to a healthy lead again (for the conditions) was the best take out for me

LostDoggy
30-06-2019, 12:45 AM
When macrae goaled my confidence hit a high point

Eastdog
30-06-2019, 12:47 AM

I'll take this one. The turnover from them did shift momentum back our way in that critical 3rd quarter as before the tide was swinging against us.

Bulldog Joe
30-06-2019, 12:48 AM

That was the moment for me.
Macrae took responsibility and nailed the shot.

merantau
30-06-2019, 01:02 AM
There were a lot of moments in the match. Caleb Daniel had two memorable ones. The first was when was running with his back to the ball yet still managed to effect a spoil without infringing.
The second was when he kicked of the ground ( I think) and the ball went to a Power player. He followed up, dived and got a hand on the ball to knock it away and deny Port possession.
Crrozier's mark on the line was an important moment.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
30-06-2019, 01:10 AM
There were a lot of moments in the match. Caleb Daniel had two memorable ones. The first was when was running with his back to the ball yet still managed to effect a spoil without infringing.
The second was when he kicked of the ground ( I think) and the ball went to a Power player. He followed up, dived and got a hand on the ball to knock it away and deny Port possession.

Caleb fully franked his All Australian guernsey tonight.
He was not BOG, nor best 5. He's done that already; but tonight he did the things that back up his best and showed his core value to be elite when it matters most.

LostDoggy
30-06-2019, 02:00 AM
Caleb fully franked his All Australian guernsey tonight.
He was not BOG, nor best 5. He's done that already; but tonight he did the things that back up his best and showed his core value to be elite when it matters most.

Having a stellar year this little fella, defies odds. May be a superhero.

SonofScray
30-06-2019, 02:08 AM
Woody telling the fella to hurry up and toss the coin!

chef
30-06-2019, 02:38 PM
Motlops miss, after that i knew it was our night.

Ozza
30-06-2019, 02:42 PM
That we didn't give up a goal to turnovers. Yes, they missed shots (0.6 from turnovers), but we kept our shape, and thats a credit to Crozier, Duryea, Wood and Cordy - who were playing those roles behind the ball where they are constantly assessing their positioning and working up and back.

westdog54
30-06-2019, 02:43 PM
Call me sentimental, but Roarke Smith's goal was special for a number of reasons.

Not only did it put a beaming smile on the young man's face, it galvanised the team just as the rain was starting to intensify, and gave us a decent buffer going into half time.

And all things considered, it was it's outstanding kick in the conditions.

Eastdog
30-06-2019, 02:50 PM
Having a stellar year this little fella, defies odds. May be a superhero.

Macrae
Dunkley
Daniel
Bont
Crozier

In no particular order most likely our top 5 so far in the B&F. Will be looking forward in getting Libba back and Dale Morris soon.

BornInDroopSt'54
30-06-2019, 04:48 PM
In the first quarter with Bont's assuredness I had a feeling we would win and I never lost that feeling.

jeemak
30-06-2019, 05:02 PM
I think the Dixon miss after the half time siren and the Motlop miss in the last really helped us out! I think we would have weathered the storm but Port not having momentum at those key moments was definitely to our benefit.

dadsgirl16
30-06-2019, 06:51 PM
Jack Macrae’s goal got me off my very wet rear end

mjp
30-06-2019, 07:17 PM
That we didn't give up a goal to turnovers.

I must be dreaming because I thought the Trengove turnover in the first q led directly to a Dixon goal...

If it didn't, what DID it lead too???

Bumper Bulldogs
30-06-2019, 08:01 PM

Yes this was a huge play and clean as a whistle. Not to bad for a fella no one rated due to his height

1eyedog
30-06-2019, 10:56 PM
Lipinski's goal was when I started to believe.

ratsmac
01-07-2019, 02:57 AM
The Schache overhead mark with a wet ball and goes back and nails the snap kick.

Also Suckling's snap set shot just sneaking in. Right there I knew we were on!