PDA

View Full Version : The Moment. 2019, Round 16 vs Geelong

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-07-2019, 11:17 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.'

What was it for you against Geelong tonight.

To be honest. I am gonna have to watch the replay I recorded for my 6 year old son to watch tomorrow to figure it out.
I was a lunatic in the 4th...
But hopefully there are more settled heads amongst the forum who can make a call tonight.....

My frontrunner is Bailey Smith nailing the goal. That was certainly the moment, that caused me to wake up my wife; who works at 5am tomorrow, and my son.. Bit dirty to be honest that my 4 year old daughter didn't even rustle in her slumber at my rebel yell after Bailey's goal.

bulldogtragic
06-07-2019, 11:20 PM
McLean tackle and holding it in. Good as match winning an effort. Their last chance to get another entry and go for the win. McLean said no.

Ghost Dog
06-07-2019, 11:21 PM
Many moments. But Toby McClean. He's been out of the side. His tackle in the last minute and a half to lock in the win. Cats rallying at that point and still a very gettable game for them. Mauled a much bigger opponnent, with their numbers around. Well done.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-07-2019, 11:32 PM
McLean tackle and holding it in. Good as match winning an effort. Their last chance to get another entry and go for the win. McLean said no.

Not Schache, below the knees in the middle of the ground in the last ��☺️?

bulldogtragic
06-07-2019, 11:36 PM

I didn't want to mention it... Because Naughton missed the set shot. :D

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-07-2019, 11:37 PM
Many moments. But Toby McClean. He's been out of the side. His tackle in the last minute and a half to lock in the win. Cats rallying at that point and still a very gettable game for them. Mauled a much bigger opponnent, with their numbers around. Well done.

Got to be a very strong moment for our match committee too. Toby clearly responded to his brief demotion.
The commitee has largely proven themselves right in how they've managed selections. From outside at times, its looked odd, but whether it be Lipinski, Trengove, Richards, Williams, Schache or Maclean, there has been a response

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-07-2019, 11:38 PM
I didn't want to mention it... Because Naughton missed the set shot. :D
Yeah but Naughton's a spud..so fair play. ��

westdog54
06-07-2019, 11:39 PM

'What do we say to the football gods?'

'Not today'.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-07-2019, 11:46 PM
'What do we say to the football gods?'

'Not today'.

Yep. A big finger went to the God's mouths tonight, just as they tried to speak....."Sssshhhhh"

westdog54
06-07-2019, 11:48 PM
That was pretty damned impressive.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-07-2019, 11:55 PM
That was pretty damned impressive.

A pity that Schlub Naughton flubbed the ensuing shot...... What a spud;)

westdog54
07-07-2019, 12:00 AM
A pity that Schlub Naughton flubbed the ensuing shot...... What a spud;)

Agreed. Back to full back where he belongs😁

Hotdog60
07-07-2019, 12:10 AM
Toby's effort in the last for me. If that went back it could have been a different story.

josie
07-07-2019, 12:20 AM
Toby’s tackle but a close 2nd were Lloyd’s 2 clutch goals after siren just before half time and in last quarter. Who said he and Dicko could not play together ? (Me actually-happy to eat humble pie and Tory was damn good tonight too-clever footballer).

SonofScray
07-07-2019, 12:27 AM
Bailey Smith's goal. (I think it was Baz)

It was the high point of the game, crowd popped. A damaging blow to the Cats, who hadn't really fired a shot but had somehow kept in front by a whisker.

Topdog
07-07-2019, 12:41 AM
Does it have to be a singular moment because i tell you what that 5 minute period from the Bont in the last was worthy.
1. Too good for his opponent in the goalsquare.
2. Great pickup and kick to Naughton for the goal.
3. Bring down the ball in the pack for Smith to crumb and goal.

Eastdog
07-07-2019, 12:48 AM
Sam Lloyd goal at half time.

Twodogs
07-07-2019, 11:12 AM
This might be twelve hours later and not exactly the moment but I am watching the c9 Footy show and the look on guest panelist Harry Taylor's face is priceless! He must be spewing that he assumed that Geelong would win and said 'yes' tyo this commitment. He hasn't got any swag either. No giveaways for Harry-just suffer in your *!*!*!*!ing jocks you smart arse.

Twodogs
07-07-2019, 11:49 AM
Sam Lloyd goal at half time.

Yep that was a good moment and one that we have fluffed far too many times in the past. I remember thinking that if he kicked it we were a chance but if he missed it they would just roll over us in the second half so no pressure at all Sam!

Happy Days
07-07-2019, 11:55 AM
When Gary Rohan marked on the lead in the 4th - couldn't have been in safer hands.

azabob
07-07-2019, 01:01 PM
When Gary Rohan marked on the lead in the 4th - couldn't have been in safer hands.

I said in the direction of the geelong supporters near me just think its a final Rohan....

Twodogs
07-07-2019, 01:18 PM
I said in the direction of the geelong supporters near me just think its a final Rohan....

Brilliant stuff.

dadsgirl16
07-07-2019, 11:24 PM
It’s a draw between Bailey’s goal and Toby’s tackle...both got me out of my seat

Eastdog
07-07-2019, 11:38 PM
Yep that was a good moment and one that we have fluffed far too many times in the past. I remember thinking that if he kicked it we were a chance but if he missed it they would just roll over us in the second half so no pressure at all Sam!

When he marked it I felt he had to get it to give us that confidence going into half time and he got it and we ultimately win it.

merantau
08-07-2019, 12:10 AM
I really liked Smith's goal and the mouthful he and Lipinski gave Sellwood.

westdog54
08-07-2019, 12:37 AM
I really liked Smith's goal and the mouthful he and Lipinski gave Sellwood.

Selwood must have been chirping through the game to prompt a reaction like that.

ReLoad
08-07-2019, 07:31 AM
The bit where Gaz got pinged for holding the ball, then spent 10 minutes arguing with the ups about it.

It sums Geelong up in a nutshell, thier whole leadership is made up of sooks. Coach, captain, star players
, all of them. Full on sooks.

anfo27
08-07-2019, 08:36 AM
When Easton got back to help Trengove. Hawkins had out positioned Trengove & would have taken the mark but Woodie came flying through the air & punched it over the line for a boundary throw in. It was vintage Easton & not something we've seen too much of in the last few years.

Ghost Dog
08-07-2019, 08:50 AM
The bit where Gaz got pinged for holding the ball, then spent 10 minutes arguing with the ups about it.

It sums Geelong up in a nutshell, thier whole leadership is made up of sooks. Coach, captain, star players
, all of them. Full on sooks.

I loved it too. Although he did look like he got a glance of the fist to the ball. Nice to see the defender rewarded. They teach you in Auskick to get on with the game and not complain to the umpire a lot.

bornadog
08-07-2019, 09:25 AM
I loved it too. Although he did look like he got a glance of the fist to the ball. Nice to see the defender rewarded. They teach you in Auskick to get on with the game and not complain to the umpire a lot.

Watch his left hand, it is not on the ball when he fists it.

Bulldog4life
08-07-2019, 10:35 AM
When Bont got the free at centre half forward for being held by Figjam. Figjam turned to the umpire and said "but he held me first". He said it more than once too. Something a kid would say in the playground. A HUGE sooky sooky la la.

Twodogs
08-07-2019, 11:29 AM
When he marked it I felt he had to get it to give us that confidence going into half time and he got it and we ultimately win it.

Nailing set shots goals on/after the halftime siren in close games are worth so much more than the six points. I reference you to Toby Maclean in the 2016 Granny. The game was starting to turn in Sydney's favor but we sucked it up and then hit back with that goal as we headed to the sheds with a huge fillip. The game against Essendon in 2000 Brad Johnson kicked a goal just before halftime and they started a punch on just as the siren went but we came out breathing fire in the third quarter and won the game and the fight so *!*!*!*! you Essendon.

Selwood must have been chirping through the game to prompt a reaction like that.

Seklwood has chirped his whole career. If I was a junior sitting my draft interviews and a club want5ed to know what my ambition in football was, Id tell them "I wanna knock Joel *!*!*!*!ing Selwood's head off his *!*!*!*!ing shoulders"

I have never once seen an umpire say "You know what, you're right and I am wrong. I am reversing the free kick. In fact due to me mucking you around why not have a 50 metre penalty as well"

Watch his left hand, it is not on the ball when he fists it.

He was playing volleyball and everyone else was playing footy. Wrong game, sport!

hujsh
08-07-2019, 01:06 PM
When Easton got back to help Trengove. Hawkins had out positioned Trengove & would have taken the mark but Woodie came flying through the air & punched it over the line for a boundary throw in. It was vintage Easton & not something we've seen too much of in the last few years.

Love this example.

Eastdog
08-07-2019, 01:24 PM
Love this example.

Yeah that was great. Easton did some very good things.

ratsmac
08-07-2019, 07:47 PM
The moment for me was when Bazlenka snapped that goal. Well that was until Trengove gifted Hawkins a goal to put us just 10 points up. Memories of last year came rushing back but I thought they'll go one better and win this time. It wasn't until Lloyd marked inside 50 that I knew we were actually home.

bornadog
08-07-2019, 10:39 PM
The moment for me was when Bazlenka snapped that goal. Well that was until Trengove gifted Hawkins a goal to put us just 10 points up. Memories of last year came rushing back but I thought they'll go one better and win this time. It wasn't until Lloyd marked inside 50 that I knew we were actually home.

Great run from JJ to get the ball to Lloyd

Nuggety Back Pocket
08-07-2019, 11:16 PM
The flair of Maclean was a revelation to me in demonstrating his undoubted ability after what had been an ordinary year by his standards