PDA

View Full Version : WB FightBack30 V Melbourne R17 2019

Pages : 1 [2]

Ghost Dog
16-07-2019, 12:11 PM
Nice comment. A problem acknowledged is a problem on the way to being solved.

With respect to your first sentence, Not only do I acknowledge them I think they are closely related. I suspect that as the ruck improves some of our entries into the forward line will improve and our scores will improve. (And the opposition scoring will drop.)

Hope to see that soon.

Just on Ruck, interesting to note English is ahead when comparing Grundy at the same age.
Tim provides a lot around the ground and good to see Bevo recognise he is being overworked int he presser.
As posted on WB facebook group. Go Tim.

Mofra
16-07-2019, 12:25 PM
Cordy was on Petty for two of his goals while Trengove was rucking. Bloke tries his guts out and is solid.
Crozier was on him for the third (holding free).
Crozier is fantastic for us but gives way more goals than Trengove does. Gave a free away late in the game too.

Mofra
16-07-2019, 12:27 PM
Just on Ruck, interesting to note English is ahead when comparing Grundy at the same age.
Tim provides a lot around the ground and good to see Bevo recognise he is being overworked int he presser.
As posted on WB facebook group. Go Tim.
English has improved quite a bit compared to even the early rounds. I suggest he become a much better player after just one more pre-season.

I do wonder if playing him every game he's available is a nod to both his development and our ability to retain him. He certainly is taking more marks around the ground these days which is something our coaching staff like.

Ghost Dog
16-07-2019, 12:39 PM
Crozier was on him for the third (holding free).
Crozier is fantastic for us but gives way more goals than Trengove does. Gave a free away late in the game too.

Yea but he was very stiff in that decision IIRC was a minimal holding penalty.

Ghost Dog
16-07-2019, 12:40 PM
English has improved quite a bit compared to even the early rounds. I suggest he become a much better player after just one more pre-season.

I do wonder if playing him every game he's available is a nod to both his development and our ability to retain him. He certainly is taking more marks around the ground these days which is something our coaching staff like.

We are a very strong contested marking side all of a sudden. It's fun to watch.

GVGjr
16-07-2019, 12:45 PM
BTW Danjul, I enjoy reading your posts and having the discussion.

Same here, different views and especially ones well explained are always welcome

Eastdog
16-07-2019, 02:36 PM
Ordered the 1989 Footscray fightback jumper yesterday from the Bulldog shop. Will be delievered in around 3 weeks.