PDA

View Full Version : The unofficial "Where is T&T?" who to root for thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

bulldogtragic
03-07-2021, 04:44 PM
BT can you orchestrate Haynes to the Dogs please. Many thanks.

Under contract until he retires. Might be a bridge too far.

Grantysghost
03-07-2021, 04:45 PM
Under contract until he retires. Might be a bridge too far.

Rubbish ! You can do it I have immovable faith.

Apart from his cultish devotion to the Plastics he’s an amazing player.

Bulldog4life
03-07-2021, 04:45 PM
I don’t think GWS win, but if they do, there’s no more rooting. If we win and keep winning everyone else is completely irrelevant. Strange thought.

Yes very strange with no rooting.

azabob
03-07-2021, 04:49 PM
BT can you orchestrate Haynes to the Dogs please. Many thanks.

Not sure he and Bont get along

DOG GOD
03-07-2021, 05:00 PM
Cmon GWS FFS

DOG GOD
03-07-2021, 05:12 PM
Well done GWS. ..makes me sick, but good for us.

Grantysghost
03-07-2021, 05:12 PM
We might just be the best side in it.

41 years a member not sure I’ve ever said that out loud.

bulldogtragic
03-07-2021, 05:14 PM
Win every game and be minor premiers.

No rooting. Just winning.

bulldogsthru&thru
03-07-2021, 05:18 PM
GWS have only lost once this year when Mumford has played. Was that against us?

Grantysghost
03-07-2021, 05:19 PM
Not sure he and Bont get along

I’ve played against guys that I hated, as soon as they are team mates it means nothing.

DOG GOD
03-07-2021, 05:22 PM
GWS have only lost once this year when Mumford has played. Was that against us?
He was rested against us I think.

Mitcha
03-07-2021, 07:58 PM
Yes very strange with no rooting.
Not out of the ordinary for me!!!

bulldogtragic
03-07-2021, 09:30 PM
More related to liveladder chat,

R.23 Dogs vs Port at Marvel
Bye
Poss. QF Dogs vs Port (at Marvel?)

boydogs
04-07-2021, 01:28 AM
We still have to face Melbourne & Port, plus Sydney & Essendon who are fighting for top 8, so rooting for other contenders to drop games still has merit

Bulldog4life
04-07-2021, 09:45 AM
We still have to face Melbourne & Port, plus Sydney & Essendon who are fighting for top 8, so rooting for other contenders to drop games still has merit

Yes. Whoever is playing Geelong, Melbourne, Port and Brisbane I am rooting like mad for them.

DOG GOD
04-07-2021, 10:38 AM
Exactly. 5 teams vying for top 4 positions. One will obviously miss. I don’t want that being us.

The Adelaide Connection
04-07-2021, 11:14 AM
Yes. Whoever is playing Geelong, Melbourne, Port and Brisbane I am rooting like mad for them.

This and I am happy we are back in the position to be 100% committed to rooting for Essendon losses.

I want all of the air to be sucked from their positive balloon via a sequence of absolute paddlings. Is it too much to ask that they cop this, but also don’t improve their draft position via the teams below them losing too (whilst all the top end contenders also keep losing)?

Happy Days
04-07-2021, 11:38 AM
Its us and Brisbane I reckon. Every other top’s sides big flaw (Geelong’s rucks, Dee’s forwards) seem fatal.

1eyedog
04-07-2021, 11:41 AM
Its us and Brisbane I reckon. Every other top’s sides big flaw (Geelong’s rucks, Dee’s forwards) seem fatal.

Really like our chances against the Lions

Ghost Dog
04-07-2021, 11:44 AM
Pray Stef Martin stays healthy so our ruck's are not our fatal flaw.
Love English but one is not enough. And he's very young.

The bulldog tragician
04-07-2021, 11:53 AM
This and I am happy we are back in the position to be 100% committed to rooting for Essendon losses.

I want all of the air to be sucked from their positive balloon via a sequence of absolute paddlings. Is it too much to ask that they cop this, but also don’t improve their draft position via the teams below them losing too (whilst all the top end contenders also keep losing)?
It just feels right, and natural. Much though I despise them, I can hope for a GWS win for strategic reasons. I can never do the same for the Bombres. Maybe you have to have stood in the Windy Oval outer getting beaten by 130+ points to understand, but I can never, ever, mellow in my views towards them.

comrade
04-07-2021, 12:51 PM
Pray Stef Martin stays healthy so our ruck's are not our fatal flaw.
Love English but one is not enough. And he's very young.

I've been a big critic of Timmy in the ruck, but I actually saw something last week that makes me reasonably confident if he was forced to ruck on his own. It's not ideal and we'd need a third tall defender to provide back up (Cordy or Young) so we're not relying on Hannan/Macrae/Bruce etc but I think we would make it work. A fit and firing Stef is our best option but I don't like our chances of seeing it this year.

Bulldog Joe
04-07-2021, 12:55 PM
I've been a big critic of Timmy in the ruck, but I actually saw something last week that makes me reasonably confident if he was forced to ruck on his own. It's not ideal and we'd need a third tall defender to provide back up (Cordy or Young) so we're not relying on Hannan/Macrae/Bruce etc but I think we would make it work. A fit and firing Stef is our best option but I don't like our chances of seeing it this year.

Really agree on Tim.

His effort on NicNat was the best ever ruck game from him.

bulldogtragic
04-07-2021, 01:07 PM
What I love is this group has the minor premiership in their hands right now. While we may be able to drop a couple of games in the run home, this group owns their own fate. That’s such a special feeling and reward for a lot of hard work over a long time.

bulldogsthru&thru
05-07-2021, 12:45 AM
So who are we rooting for Thursday night? A Melbourne win puts Port 5th and a difficult task to gain top 4, which means a top 4 finish for us is more likely.

A Port win gives us a better shot at first place.

The Bulldogs Bite
05-07-2021, 12:57 AM
So who are we rooting for Thursday night? A Melbourne win puts Port 5th and a difficult task to gain top 4, which means a top 4 finish for us is more likely.

Sadly, Melbourne.

Top 2 to be Vic based clubs has to be the preference even if it's not us.

bulldogtragic
05-07-2021, 01:49 AM

Sadly, Melbourne.

Top 2 to be Vic based clubs has to be the preference even if it's not us.

I’m all in on just keeping winning, rooting be damned. But I think we finish top on points or percentage. I would rather 4th, the QF, be against Port Adelaide than Geelong. Given them beating us 18 of the last 22 times or whatever that god awful stat is. Let them take on Richmond and one can knock the other out.

For the sake or argument, if you accept we finish top, then 2nd & 3rd is settled. It’s just the MCG or GABBA. If we can just hold down top and hopefully get Port hopefully at Marvel (crowd won’t exceed 52,000). Our destiny is in our hands with in interstate team on our home deck. Having beaten them once and played them in the last round at the same venue.

comrade
13-07-2021, 11:30 AM
This thread will start heating up now.

Freo v Geelong is the big one this week, on Thursday we are all Dockers fans and I reckon they're a good chance too over there and fighting for top 8.

Richmond v Brisbane is the other one, and again, it being Jack's 300th I reckon the Tigers might do us a favour.

If we win and the Cats/Lions both lose, top 2 is close to being locked away.

DOG GOD
13-07-2021, 04:02 PM
This thread will start heating up now.

Freo v Geelong is the big one this week, on Thursday we are all Dockers fans and I reckon they're a good chance too over there and fighting for top 8.

Richmond v Brisbane is the other one, and again, it being Jack's 300th I reckon the Tigers might do us a favour.

If we win and the Cats/Lions both lose, top 2 is close to being locked away.

2 big games. Freo and Rich it is..

bornadog
13-07-2021, 04:17 PM
I prefer if Richmond lose, don't want them anywhere near the 8

I think Freo can beat Geelong at home.

DOG GOD
13-07-2021, 05:09 PM
I prefer if Richmond lose, don't want them anywhere near the 8

I think Freo can beat Geelong at home.

I don’t want them anywhere near the 8 either. I know they are playing rubbish right now, but don’t want the risk.

comrade
13-07-2021, 05:11 PM
Happy for Richmond to win this week and lose every match after.

We want Brisbane and Geelong losing as many games as possible.

DOG GOD
13-07-2021, 05:50 PM
Happy for Richmond to win this week and lose every match after.

We want Brisbane and Geelong losing as many games as possible.
Agree. We didn’t take advantage of Brisbane losing to saints.

comrade
15-07-2021, 10:06 PM
Well we can scratch Freo doing us any favours this week.

DOG GOD
15-07-2021, 10:32 PM
Well we can scratch Freo doing us any favours this week.
Yep, pathetic first half. Geelong really want that top 2 spot and I think they’ll get it IF they get their last 3 games at that home ground hole.

bornadog
31-07-2021, 02:44 PM
Would be nice if North won

bulldogtragic
31-07-2021, 02:47 PM
Would be nice if North won

It would be sensational. We can win the next three, but Geelong falling back one would make us heavily odds on favourite to finish as minor premier.

The Adelaide Connection
21-08-2021, 12:12 PM
Time to dust off the old T&T root thread. There’s quite a lot of movement that can happen and obviously we will be heavily invested in most of it.

The equation: We hold fourth if Brisbane lose or win by under about 15 points. It’s a sliding scale and the more WC score the more they have to win by to make up the .1%
Eg if WC score 50, the margin needs to be 20. If WC score 60, the margin goes to 24.

Should we stay fourth we get the winner of Geelong v Melbourne

Should Brisbane overtake us and snatch fourth, we will finish fifth. Our possible matchups include Essendon, GWS, Freo, or even a mathematically possible Richmond.

-Essendon likely finish 8th with a win over the Pies. A win and a GWS loss sees them 7th. A loss could see them out if Freo or WC win.
-GWS likely finish 7th but a loss to a Carlton could see them in 8th (Essendon win) or out if two of Essendon, Freo or WC win.
-WC make it with a win if GWS or Essendon lose.
-Freo make it if one of Essendon or GWS lose and WC lose. If WC win they need both Essendon and GWS to lose.
-Richmond would need Essendon and Freo to lose and a 150odd point turnaround between winning their game and the Pies beating Essendon.

So, what do we want?

My roots:
-WC to beat Brisbane
-Whoever is most banged up by the end of the game to win the Geelong v Melbourne game- probably prefer Geelong.
-Pies to beat Essendon and miss (for the lols)

If Brisbane win:
-Pies to beat Essendon
-Freo to beat the Saints
-GWS to take losing form into the finals with a loss to Carlton
-Suns to beat the Swans for the same reason.

What’s everyone else’s take/preference?

bornadog
21-08-2021, 12:19 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E9PZ17XVoAsBZYn?format=jpg&name=small

Throughandthrough
12-09-2021, 01:23 PM
Ok, you all know what to do from here.

If you need advice, I recommend rooting for the Western Bulldogs to beat Melbourne in our next match

Twodogs
12-09-2021, 01:33 PM

If you need advice, I recommend rooting for the Western Bulldogs to beat Melbourne in our next match

It's an easy root from here.

EasternWest
12-09-2021, 08:20 PM

I'm just glad you're alive.

I'm rooting for the Dogs, just like you recommended.

Bulldog4life
21-06-2022, 12:52 PM
Is it too early to resurrect the rooting thread?

I'm hoping Brisbane wins tonight in a hard fought slog (Neale copping a 1 week niggle would also be nice). We want as many teams as possible in the 1-3 pack.

An important part of the season to resurrect the rooting thread for 2022.

comrade
21-06-2022, 01:02 PM
An important part of the season to resurrect the rooting thread for 2022.

It wouldn’t be a proper footy season without us trying to work out who needs to lose for us to scrape into a higher position on the ladder!

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
21-06-2022, 02:18 PM
It wouldn’t be a proper footy season without us trying to work out who needs to lose for us to scrape into a higher position on the ladder!
Welcome back thread

Bulldog4life
21-06-2022, 02:19 PM

Even before Woof it has been happening for decades. Half the fun barracking against other teams. It is a hard round to gauge who we hope wins too.

Eastdog
21-06-2022, 08:04 PM
Will be an important thread now. Need to rely on the teams around us to drop games.

azabob
21-06-2022, 08:59 PM
This thread is designed to bring the mood down…

bornadog
21-06-2022, 11:23 PM
Can we ditch 2019 from the heading

Bulldog4life
25-06-2022, 10:52 AM
Blues vs. Dockers
Cats vs. Tigers
Swans vs. Saints
Kangaroos vs. Crows
Magpies vs. Giants
Power vs. Suns

Here's my rooting for the weekend. If you have a different root you're welcome to let us know.

GVGjr
25-06-2022, 10:54 AM
Blues vs. Dockers
Cats vs. Tigers
Swans vs. Saints
Kangaroos vs. Crows
Magpies vs. Giants
Power vs. Suns

Here's my rooting for the weekend. If you have a different root you're welcome to let us know.

We should be looking for a Crows win against North.
We have North's 3rd round draft pick don't we?

Bulldog4life
25-06-2022, 10:56 AM
We should be looking for a Crows win against North.
We have North's 3rd round draft pick don't we?

Good one G will edit.

Bulldog4life
25-06-2022, 11:25 AM
If our rooting is successful we will be 7th at the end of the round.

jeemak
25-06-2022, 11:29 PM
So if GWS win tomorrow we stay in seventh?

It won't be my dirtiest root by a long way, but it'll come with some shame if it lands.

Bulldog4life
26-06-2022, 09:44 AM
So if GWS win tomorrow we stay in seventh?

It won't be my dirtiest root by a long way, but it'll come with some shame if it lands.

The shame will be only fleeting Jee by then you will be looking forward to next weekend's rooting.

Bulldog4life
26-06-2022, 11:35 AM
Blues vs. Dockers
Cats vs. Tigers
Swans vs. Saints
Kangaroos vs. Crows
Magpies vs. Giants
Power vs. Suns

Actually it doesn't matter who wins the last match. They are both on 7 wins.

merantau
26-06-2022, 11:43 AM
Giants v Pies is the big one. I never thought I'd see myself rooting for them - but hey, the Finals are just around the corner.

Can Essendon still sneak in? Just asking for a friend.

jeemak
26-06-2022, 12:06 PM
Giants v Pies is the big one. I never thought I'd see myself rooting for them - but hey, the Finals are just around the corner.

Can Essendon still sneak in? Just asking for a friend.

I think channel seven still have them as smokies for best in the universe this year.

Bulldog4life
26-06-2022, 12:08 PM
Actually it doesn't matter who wins the last match. They are both on 7 wins.

Please disregard it is WRONG.

Bulldog Joe
26-06-2022, 01:02 PM
I am not too concerned with the rooting (yet).

I have extreme confidence that if we win our next 10 we are in the Grand Final and 11 makes us premiers.

Pretty simple.

Happy Days
26-06-2022, 01:04 PM
I am not too concerned with the rooting (yet).

I have extreme confidence that if we win our next 10 we are in the Grand Final and 11 makes us premiers.

Pretty simple.

Hell yeah

Bulldog4life
27-06-2022, 10:02 AM
Blues vs. Dockers
Cats vs. Tigers
Swans vs. Saints
Kangaroos vs. Crows
Magpies vs. Giants
Power vs. Suns

4 out of 6 so wasn't a bad 15th round for the doggies.

Bulldog4life
29-06-2022, 08:49 AM
ROUND 16

Thursday June 30

Brisbane Lions vs Western Bulldogs at The Gabba (7:20pm)

Friday July 1

Carlton vs St Kilda at Marvel Stadium (7:50pm)

Saturday July 2

Essendon vs Sydney Swans at MCG (1:45pm)

Adelaide Crows vs Melbourne at Adelaide Oval (4:35pm)

Geelong Cats vs North Melbourne at GMHBA Stadium (7:25pm)

Gold Coast Suns vs Collingwood at Metricon Stadium (7:25pm)

Sunday July 3

Richmond vs West Coast at MCG (2:10pm)

GWS Giants vs Hawthorn at Giants Stadium (3:20pm)

Fremantle vs Port Adelaide at Optus Stadium (5:20pm)

For our rooting this week the doggies are a no brainer. Go Dogs. Carlton v St.Kilda is a dicey one. If we want Carlton's position in the top 4 well go Saints. If we want to get rid of the Saints from the making the 8 go Blues. Again in the last match if we want to stop Port's run well Freo is our root. But again if we are after Freo's spot go Port. Happy rooting and if you disagree go ahead and let us know as I am not precious although my wife thinks I am.

Bulldog Joe
29-06-2022, 10:50 AM
ROUND 16

Thursday June 30

Brisbane Lions vs Western Bulldogs at The Gabba (7:20pm)

Friday July 1

Carlton vs St Kilda at Marvel Stadium (7:50pm)

Saturday July 2

Essendon vs Sydney Swans at MCG (1:45pm)

Adelaide Crows vs Melbourne at Adelaide Oval (4:35pm)

Geelong Cats vs North Melbourne at GMHBA Stadium (7:25pm)

Gold Coast Suns vs Collingwood at Metricon Stadium (7:25pm)

Sunday July 3

Richmond vs West Coast at MCG (2:10pm)

GWS Giants vs Hawthorn at Giants Stadium (3:20pm)

Fremantle vs Port Adelaide at Optus Stadium (5:20pm)

For our rooting this week the doggies are a no brainer. Go Dogs. Carlton v St.Kilda is a dicey one. If we want Carlton's position in the top 4 well go Saints. If we want to get rid of the Saints from the making the 8 go Blues. Again in the last match if we want to stop Port's run well Freo is our root. But again if we are after Freo's spot go Port. Happy rooting and if you disagree go ahead and let us know as I am not precious although my wife thinks I am.

Hate to disagree, but I prefer St Kilda beating Carlton.
We have the Saints covered by simply beating them in 3 weeks and if we can't do that we are wasting our time even thinking of finals.
Carlton dropping games opens up more options on where we finish.

The only plausible results we could get this week are Gold Coast over Collingwood and a very rough hope that West Coast might get back to something resembling a competitive team to get over Richmond.

Adelaide might give themselves a shot against Melbourne having defeated them last year.

Bulldog4life
29-06-2022, 05:44 PM
We have the Saints covered by simply beating them in 3 weeks and if we can't do that we are wasting our time even thinking of finals.

The only plausible results we could get this week are Gold Coast over Collingwood and a very rough hope that West Coast might get back to something resembling a competitive team to get over Richmond.

Adelaide might give themselves a shot against Melbourne having defeated them last year.

Yes I can see your point Joe. I was torn as my explanation above.

bornadog
29-06-2022, 05:46 PM
As far as rooting goes, I don't care who wins, (except Geelong and Carlton), we just have to keep winning and the rest takes care of itself.

Bulldog4life
29-06-2022, 05:50 PM
As far as rooting goes, I don't care who wins, (except Geelong and Carlton), we just have to keep winning and the rest takes care of itself.

Well said sir.

Bulldog4life
07-07-2022, 10:09 AM

Well Joe you got the Saints home and Essendon beating Sydney was a great result. The Suns just missed and Power is just about gone. Nothing else to get excited about plus our doggies lost but onwards and upwards this week.

RD 17

Cats vs. Demons....does it matter?
Swans vs. Bulldogs
Magpies vs. Kangaroos
Suns vs. Tigers
Saints vs. Dockers
Power vs. Giants
Lions vs. Bombers
Hawks vs. Crows....who cares.
Eagles vs. Blues

What do others think? Are we on the money?

bornadog
07-07-2022, 11:28 AM
Well Joe you got the Saints home and Essendon beating Sydney was a great result. The Suns just missed and Power is just about gone. Nothing else to get excited about plus our doggies lost but onwards and upwards this week.

RD 17

Cats vs. Demons....does it matter?
Swans vs. Bulldogs
Magpies vs. Kangaroos
Suns vs. Tigers
Saints vs. Dockers
Power vs. Giants
Lions vs. Bombers
Hawks vs. Crows....who cares.
Eagles vs. Blues

What do others think? Are we on the money?

All doable, except Dons.

Axe Man
07-07-2022, 11:37 AM
All doable, except Dons.

If you think North can beat Collingwood you should take the $14 on offer!

Happy Days
07-07-2022, 11:43 AM
Pies lost to top up West Coast (and us somehow), anything is possible.

bornadog
07-07-2022, 12:28 PM

sorry missed that

boydogs
12-07-2022, 02:46 PM

They nearly did lol

Bulldog4life
14-07-2022, 11:03 AM
This thread will keep going till we can't make the finals. Then it will stop abruptly.

Round 18 2022

Bulldogs vs. Saints
Crows vs. Magpies
Giants vs. Lions
Kangaroos vs. Tigers
Blues vs. Cats
Dockers vs. Swans
Hawks vs. Eagles
Demons vs. Power
Bombers vs. Suns

Any disagreements fire away. Last week we had a few go our way which was good. North just missed out. Most important game is DOGGIES TO WIN.

Bulldog4life
18-07-2022, 11:09 AM
This thread will keep going till we can't make the finals. Then it will stop abruptly.

Round 18 2022

Bulldogs vs. Saints
Crows vs. Magpies
Giants vs. Lions
Kangaroos vs. Tigers
Blues vs. Cats
Dockers vs. Swans
Hawks vs. Eagles
Demons vs. Power
Bombers vs. Suns

Any disagreements fire away. Last week we had a few go our way which was good. North just missed out. Most important game is DOGGIES TO WIN.

Our doggies winning was THE most important result. The Crows nearly pulling off an upset. Bad luck for them and us. Kangas doing us a tremendous favour. Who would have thunk. Go Cats another good result. Plus the Dees and Bummers . A great result for our rooting. For the ones that matter we really only missed on Freo. We are closing in. Go Dogs.

Bulldog4life
18-07-2022, 06:09 PM
ROUND 19
Friday, July 22
Richmond v Fremantle, Marvel Stadium, 7.50pm AEST, Seven

Saturday, July 23
North Melbourne v Hawthorn, Blundstone Arena, 1.45pm AEST, Fox
Sydney v Adelaide, SCG, 1.45pm AEST, Fox
Port Adelaide v Geelong, Adelaide Oval, 4.05pm AEST, Fox
Brisbane v Gold Coast, The Gabba, 7.10pm AEST, Fox
Western Bulldogs v Melbourne, Marvel Stadium, 7.25pm AEST, Seven

Sunday, July 24
Carlton v Greater Western Sydney, Marvel Stadium, 1.10pm AEST, Fox
Collingwood v Essendon, MCG, 3.20pm AEST, Seven
West Coast v St Kilda, Optus Stadium, 2.40pm AWST, Fox

Thought I would get in early so all you good folk can get in the mood for your rooting next weekend. Our game...of course... and Freo winning shoots us into the 8 so all focus on those two games. Unless another team collapses...we can always hope... it appears we are after Richmond's spot for the finals. GO DOGGIES.

Axe Man
18-07-2022, 06:12 PM
Tom Lynch and Dustin Martin to both miss this week, hopefully should help Freo's chances.

Bulldog4life
18-07-2022, 06:15 PM
Tom Lynch and Dustin Martin to both miss this week, hopefully should help Freo's chances.

Yes I like it. Richmond have lost their last 4 at Marvel too.

Happy Days
18-07-2022, 07:13 PM
Freo are better at Marvel than they are at Optus.

Which is a shame because we have to play them there in a couple of weeks, but bodes well for this week at least.

boydogs
19-07-2022, 12:36 AM
Thought I would get in early so all you good folk can get in the mood for your rooting next weekend. Our game...of course... and Freo winning shoots us into the 8 so all focus on those two games. Unless another team collapses...we can always hope... it appears we are after Richmond's spot for the finals. GO DOGGIES.

We're definitely no chance of top 4, however who we play in week 1 of finals is important. Don't want to finish 8th and be wiped out travelling to play Sydney or Fremantle. We either want Carlton or Collingwood to fall away and get us to 7th, or Sydney or Fremantle to fall away so one of Carlton or Collingwood gets to 5th

Richmond is the key side competing with us for 8th as they have us by percentage. They have Freo, Bris, Port, Haw, Ess with Port the only game away from the MCG. Their game and our game against Freo will be key. If we lose to Melb & Geel and beat GWS & Haw, and Richmond lose to Bris & Port and beat Haw & Ess, there will be percentage and our Freo games between us

jeemak
19-07-2022, 02:42 AM
ROUND 19
Friday, July 22

Saturday, July 23

Sunday, July 24

I love how much you're embracing this rooting vibe you ol' fart!

comrade
19-07-2022, 08:26 AM
ROUND 19
Friday, July 22

Saturday, July 23

Sunday, July 24

We’re a decent chance of getting 5 or 6 go our way. Also a decent chance that none do! The joys of rooting.

jeemak
19-07-2022, 09:59 AM
We’re a decent chance of getting 5 or 6 go our way. Also a decent chance that none do! The joys of rooting.

I feel like we're a decent chance of winning the next five or none at all.

Bulldog4life
19-07-2022, 10:43 AM
I love how much you're embracing this rooting vibe you ol' fart!

You are never too old for a good rooting Jee. You'll find out. Especially when your wife is 13 years younger than you. Keeps you young.

Bulldog4life
19-07-2022, 10:45 AM
We're definitely no chance of top 4, however who we play in week 1 of finals is important. Don't want to finish 8th and be wiped out travelling to play Sydney or Fremantle. We either want Carlton or Collingwood to fall away and get us to 7th, or Sydney or Fremantle to fall away so one of Carlton or Collingwood gets to 5th

Richmond is the key side competing with us for 8th as they have us by percentage. They have Freo, Bris, Port, Haw, Ess with Port the only game away from the MCG. Their game and our game against Freo will be key. If we lose to Melb & Geel and beat GWS & Haw, and Richmond lose to Bris & Port and beat Haw & Ess, there will be percentage and our Freo games between us

Only by approx 60 points at the moment.

Grantysghost
19-07-2022, 10:48 AM
Speaking of rooting. I have a friend in Canada. (yes the friend part is the most surprising) and they have a clothing store called roots.

They've recently opened some kids stores.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5cf5699b1358200001f8af64/1603385210543-5KPRFD5USVWRQDIZ0RS3/roots_kids_1.jpg?format=1000w

Happy Days
19-07-2022, 10:55 AM
Speaking of rooting. I have a friend in Canada. (yes the friend part is the most surprising) and they have a clothing store called roots.

They've recently opened some kids stores.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5cf5699b1358200001f8af64/1603385210543-5KPRFD5USVWRQDIZ0RS3/roots_kids_1.jpg?format=1000w

No way.

Grantysghost
19-07-2022, 11:12 AM
No way.

Way.

https://www.roots.com/ca/en/kids/

Also.

https://i.postimg.cc/26GPScp5/Screenshot-2022-07-19-101139.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Throughandthrough
23-07-2022, 09:55 AM
So was the draw the best of roots or the worst of roots?

jazzadogs
23-07-2022, 10:31 AM

You tell us, King Rooter!

Bulldog4life
23-07-2022, 10:57 AM

Best I would say T & T. As good as a loss for Richmond. Because we go past them into the 8 if we win. Simple.

Grantysghost
23-07-2022, 11:57 AM

Good root. That draw might be the decider one way or the other at the end of the year.

Sedat
23-07-2022, 12:43 PM
The draw hurts Richmond with their superior percentage ahead of everyone else, it's akin to a loss for them. I know were only a couple of percent behind them, but we'll be flat out just to win the next 3 weeks let alone worry about percentage boosting.

The draw only helps Freo if they keep winning - it will hurt if their season gets wobbly as they're percentage is well ahead of the chasing pack (Carlton and Collingwood specifically). Sydney are also behind Freo but have a butter soft draw and are playing better and will make top 4 IMO.

Scorlibo
23-07-2022, 01:59 PM

Only time will tell! Looks good right now.

Might give us a bit of clarity from here on in to focus on the 4 points and recovering for the next week, rather than trying to boost the percentage late in games.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-07-2022, 02:40 PM
Good root. That draw might be the decider one way or the other at the end of the year.

I did a ladder predictor, just to see how this draw might conceivably help or hinder us. Basically my estimation is it's better than them winning, but worse than them losing, for us.

If they had lost last night, there still would've been a reasonable probability pathway for us to make the 8 even were we to lose the next two games against Melbourne and Geelong. Now, with the draw, we've pretty much got to win 4 of our last 5. This assessment is obviously based on other fixture results going as favoured over the remaining H&A(which we know they never all do).

It's a tough road, but if any team loves to get on an unexpected jag, it's our guys. Now would be good...

MrMahatma
23-07-2022, 03:09 PM
The draw would only be good for us if we thought Freo were going drop. A Richmond loss would’ve been much better than a draw.

Anyway, we need to win.

Bulldog4life
23-07-2022, 03:36 PM
The draw would only be good for us if we thought Freo were going drop. A Richmond loss would’ve been much better than a draw.

Anyway, we need to win.

That's a given. But the draw much better for us than a win for the Tigers.

Bulldog4life
25-07-2022, 12:11 PM
ROUND 19
Friday, July 22

Saturday, July 23

Sunday, July 24

We did good on the weekend. Doggies win was the most important which was great. We are in the 8! Richmond's draw while not as good as a loss still was much better than a win for them. We were unlucky with the Bummers...typical Bummers. Geelong and Brisbane did their duty. Next week is again an important one.

boydogs
25-07-2022, 09:19 PM
We were unlucky with the Bummers...typical Bummers

I reckon we want Collingwood to finish 5th, above one of Freo and Sydney, so we’re not interstate round 1. Their win over Essendon could be good for that outcome

Bulldog4life
26-07-2022, 10:03 AM
Round 20
Friday, July 29
Fremantle v Melbourne at Optus Stadium, 6.10pm AWST (SEVEN)....not sure which matters. Each will have their own thoughts.

Saturday, July 30
Collingwood v Port Adelaide the MCG, 1.45pm AEST (FOX).....I suppose Collingwood to finish Port off. But personally wouldn't mind if Port won.
Sydney v GWS Giants at the SCG, 2.10pm AEST (FOX)
St Kilda v Hawthorn at Marvel Stadium, 4.35pm AEST (FOX)
Geelong v Western Bulldogs at GMHBA Stadium, 7.25pm AEST (SEVEN)
Adelaide v Carlton at Adelaide Oval, 7pm ACST (FOX)

Sunday, July 31
Gold Coast v West Coast at Metricon Stadium, 1.10pm AEST (FOX)
Richmond v Brisbane at the MCG, 3.20pm AEST (SEVEN)
Essendon v North Melbourne at Marvel Stadium, 4.40pm AEST (FOX)....we have North's 3rd round pick in this year's draft

1eyedog
26-07-2022, 10:27 AM
Round 20
Friday, July 29
Fremantle v Melbourne at Optus Stadium, 6.10pm AWST (SEVEN)....not sure which matters. Each will have their own thoughts.

Saturday, July 30
Collingwood v Port Adelaide the MCG, 1.45pm AEST (FOX).....I suppose Collingwood to finish Port off. But personally wouldn't mind if Port won.

Sunday, July 31
Essendon v North Melbourne at Marvel Stadium, 4.40pm AEST (FOX)....we have North's 3rd round pick in this year's draft

Would prefer the Dockers to roll the Dees to all but completely remove the smug look off Gawn's face.

Bulldog4life
26-07-2022, 10:28 AM
Would prefer the Dockers to roll the Dees to all but completely remove the smug look off Gawn's face.

Love it.

comrade
26-07-2022, 10:39 AM
Reckon it is going to be slim pickings for a decent root this weekend. Bit like my own life ;)

Bulldog4life
26-07-2022, 10:41 AM
Reckon it is going to be slim pickings for a decent root this weekend. Bit like my own life ;)

What about indecent?

Happy Days
26-07-2022, 11:01 AM
Damn we’re probably out of the 8 at the end of this. Desperately need the Saints to do the right thing and perform to their historical level.

Axe Man
26-07-2022, 11:02 AM
The most important root outside our game is Tigers v Lions. A Brisbane win would be a great result.

Hawthorn beating the Saints would be handy but not crucial as the saints have some tough games coming up.

The other games are hard to say, but whatever sees us playing Collingwood in the first week of the finals is what I am rooting for.

Bulldog Joe
27-07-2022, 04:25 PM
As it stands I am only really concerned with us.

We beat Geelong and the other results lose their relevance.

Although I am strongly on Freo to give the Heave Ho to Melbourne. I want that stupid look on the face of Fritsch to be permanently frazzled.

MrMahatma
27-07-2022, 05:51 PM
As it stands I am only really concerned with us.

We beat Geelong and the other results lose their relevance.

Although I am strongly on Freo to give the Heave Ho to Melbourne. I want that stupid look on the face of Fritsch to be permanently frazzled.

Could be an interesting watch - Freo v Dees. Jackson and Brayshaw both speculated to go there next year. Dees have had sufficient off-field issues in the past few months, along with slumping form, to suggest there may be cracks. Who knows what a trip away against the suitor could do for team disharmony!

Bulldog Joe
27-07-2022, 08:55 PM
Could be an interesting watch - Freo v Dees. Jackson and Brayshaw both speculated to go there next year. Dees have had sufficient off-field issues in the past few months, along with slumping form, to suggest there may be cracks. Who knows what a trip away against the suitor could do for team disharmony!

Can a Melbourne player get reported if they take out Steven May?

BornInDroopSt'54
31-07-2022, 04:48 PM

Bad call.
The waves will part for us this Sunday, Richmond to lose, leaving only Saints as rival 8 contenders. Saints have Cats and Lions next.
Lock in our position in the 8 if we beat Freo this week at Marvel.
Mea culpa. Great call Comrade.

HOSE B ROMERO
31-07-2022, 05:19 PM
Go You Lions. Eat 'em alive.

hujsh
31-07-2022, 06:59 PM
Where's that Alistair Lynch choking picture?

HOSE B ROMERO
31-07-2022, 07:00 PM
bloody mitch robinson

Grantysghost
31-07-2022, 07:11 PM
Where's that Alistair Lynch choking picture?

https://i.postimg.cc/JzcMTN6C/Screenshot-20220731-181034-Google.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

https://twitter.com/gavro44/status/1553655068238327808?t=A9E9VAr_6ewJCHKbJeiOPQ&s=19

azabob
31-07-2022, 07:17 PM
Hard to say but

Damn, that was a great win by Richmond.

Bolton, Lynch, Cumberland and Rioli all stood up.

BornInDroopSt'54
31-07-2022, 07:30 PM
Hard to say but

Damn, that was a great win by Richmond.

Bolton, Lynch, Cumberland and Rioli all stood up.

Shit win.

BornInDroopSt'54
31-07-2022, 07:35 PM
So B4L brilliantly points out we are not dead!
Carlton can be displaced by us from 8, having Lions away, Melbourne away and Collingwood at home. Blues you can lose all of those for us.

bornadog
31-07-2022, 07:41 PM
So B4L brilliantly points out we are not dead!
Carlton can be displaced by us from 8, having Lions away, Melbourne away and Collingwood at home. Blues you can lose all of those for us.

Incorrect - we have to win all three games left

boydogs
01-08-2022, 01:44 AM
Incorrect - we have to win all three games left

To pass Carlton we need to win all 3 and have them lose all 3, or have us lose one/them win one and we make up 3.2%

That might be our best chance at this stage, St Kilda will lose games but Port are out of the race so I could see Richmond beating them away then Hawthorn & Essendon and not giving us a chance to make up the half game we're behind them

Brisbane's choke really shut the door on us but Carlton's opened it a bit. Carlton have Brisbane away, Melbourne then Collingwood to finish, our season might hang on their last game

Scorlibo
01-08-2022, 10:30 AM
To pass Carlton we need to win all 3 and have them lose all 3, or have us lose one/them win one and we make up 3.2%

That might be our best chance at this stage, St Kilda will lose games but Port are out of the race so I could see Richmond beating them away then Hawthorn & Essendon and not giving us a chance to make up the half game we're behind them

Brisbane's choke really shut the door on us but Carlton's opened it a bit. Carlton have Brisbane away, Melbourne then Collingwood to finish, our season might hang on their last game

It'll be close but based on the ladder predictor if we make up two games on them we'll probably make up the 3.2% as well.

If we win three and they win one, one of us misses out while on 13 wins - pretty rough.

Bulldog4life
01-08-2022, 10:51 AM
Round 20
Friday, July 29

Saturday, July 30

Sunday, July 31

Freo beaten easily so result didn't matter to us but should give us confidence on our home deck especially as we beat Melbourne. Collingwood snuck home again which should finally put Port out of their misery although we still want one huge effort from them against the Tigers this coming weekend. The big loss of course was our doggies against the Cats but it was always going to be extremely difficult on Sedat's favourite ground. Adelaide beating the blues was a huge fillip for us as Carlton have a very hard 3 games to go which could result them missing the 8 altogether...heaven for us. West Coast nearly put the Suns out of their misery but the result still left the Suns with a flicker of hope if all other teams collapse. Brisbane's soft underbelly was on show again which resulted in the bloody Tigers pinching the win. Hoping they would lose another close game but wasn't to be. Essendon beat North which is good for our draft. Next week's rooting still to come.

MrMahatma
01-08-2022, 10:56 AM
It'll be close but based on the ladder predictor if we make up two games on them we'll probably make up the 3.2% as well.

If we win three and they win one, one of us misses out while on 13 wins - pretty rough.

Lions at the Gabba is certainly a chance for the Blues to get pumped. Hopefully the Lions make up for their poor showing this weekend with a 10 goal win against the Blues!

boydogs
01-08-2022, 09:48 PM
If Brisbane lose to Carlton we’re officially being trolled

Sedat
01-08-2022, 10:57 PM
The finals series will be so much more entertaining if Richmond and the Dogs can make the final 2 spots at the expense of St Kilda and Carlton.

Flamethrower
02-08-2022, 02:49 PM
If Brisbane lose to Carlton we’re officially being trolled

Ditto if the Saints beat Geelong this week.

ReLoad
02-08-2022, 03:00 PM
I just did the ladder predictor and had us winning the grand final......... That thing is sweet.

Bulldog4life
02-08-2022, 04:08 PM
RD 21

Demons vs. Magpies
Hawks vs. Suns
Giants vs. Bombers....who cares we hate them both.
Bulldogs vs. Dockers
Cats vs. Saints
Power vs. Tigers
Kangaroos vs. Swans
Lions vs. Blues
Eagles vs. Crows....Again don't care.

Most important game of course is our game. Super hard if we lose. Don't want to think about it because I am confident of VICTORY. Other ones speak for themselves. Favoured Swans only because of the draft. Nice to get first pick of 3rd round. Happy rooting everyone.

BornInDroopSt'54
02-08-2022, 04:43 PM
RD 21

Demons vs. Magpies
Hawks vs. Suns
Bulldogs vs. Dockers
Cats vs. Saints
Power vs. Tigers
Kangaroos vs. Swans
Lions vs. Blues

Most important game of course is our game. Super hard if we lose. Don't want to think about it because I am confident of VICTORY. Other ones speak for themselves. Favoured Swans only because of the draft. Nice to get first pick of 3rd round. Happy rooting everyone.

I have never said this to anyone B4L but you are a consummate rooter.
Rooting for others does not come easy but the rooting atm is for quite a few unrootables.

Bulldog4life
02-08-2022, 04:45 PM
Rooting for others does not come easy but the rooting atm is for quite a few unrootables.

Agree with you BID. But nothing better than watching a game, not ours of course, where you have a vested interest in it. Makes it more interesting.

Bulldog4life
02-08-2022, 04:46 PM

Thanks for the compliment too.

BornInDroopSt'54
02-08-2022, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the compliment too.

Its amazing we are still alive and still even have a worthwhile root at all. Thanks for your help in knowing how to root.

Bulldog4life
03-08-2022, 09:19 AM
https://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/page/TABAFL/afl-round-21-2022-teams-news-selection-injuries-lineups-suspensions-fixtures-predictions-results-tips-odds-scores-everything-need-know-round-football

AFL Round 21: Fixture, teams, news, tips, odds - everything you need to know for the round of football

mjp
03-08-2022, 10:44 AM
RD 21

Demons vs. Magpies
Hawks vs. Suns
Bulldogs vs. Dockers
Cats vs. Saints
Power vs. Tigers
Kangaroos vs. Swans
Lions vs. Blues

Any 'who to root for' thread that does not say I have to root against Melbourne is clearly wrong. Can't stand those guys. And why would we want Sydney to win?

Bulldog4life
03-08-2022, 11:04 AM
Any 'who to root for' thread that does not say I have to root against Melbourne is clearly wrong. Can't stand those guys. And why would we want Sydney to win?

Firstly Sydney to win.I have previously explained it MJP. We have North's 3rd round draft pick. Simple. Personally I would prefer to face the Woods in the finals than Melbourne but each to their own.

1eyedog
03-08-2022, 11:48 AM
Not that it's going to matter this year but would much prefer to front up to the Pies than the Dees at the MCG in an EF.

Grantysghost
03-08-2022, 12:02 PM

How did the jumper grabbing from Melksham and Petracca go down over there MJP?

I guess that kid learnt a harsh lesson in real life trolling.

MrMahatma
03-08-2022, 01:46 PM
I like to focus my rooting on one thing and one thing only. I find it helps. My focus is on a finals spot rather than who we might play and draft picks etc. A simple man with a simple method.

Bulldog4life
03-08-2022, 06:00 PM
I like to focus my rooting on one thing and one thing only. I find it helps. My focus is on a finals spot rather than who we might play and draft picks etc. A simple man with a simple method.

Appears this thread is not for you. T &T will be unhappy I'm sure. It's just a bit of fun.

boydogs
03-08-2022, 09:49 PM
This is the week IMO. The hardest of our 3 remaining games, Richmond’s hardest, St Kilda’s hardest, Carlton’s hardest. If things don’t go our way with the other results this week, they’re even less likely to in the last 2 weeks

Scorlibo
04-08-2022, 12:50 PM
This is the week IMO. The hardest of our 3 remaining games, Richmond’s hardest, St Kilda’s hardest, Carlton’s hardest. If things don’t go our way with the other results this week, they’re even less likely to in the last 2 weeks

Yeah it's a huge round. We need St Kilda to lose (87%), and at least one of Richmond and Carlton to lose (88%), and us to win (65%).

0.87 x 0.88 x 0.65 = 49.8% chance of a good outcome for us this weekend. Flip a coin!

Probabilities are based on the betting odds.

Axe Man
04-08-2022, 01:00 PM
Yeah it's a huge round. We need St Kilda to lose (87%), and at least one of Richmond and Carlton to lose (88%), and us to win (65%).

0.87 x 0.88 x 0.65 = 49.8% chance of a good outcome for us this weekend. Flip a coin!

https://i.postimg.cc/RZYGkCZy/solo.gif (https://postimages.org/)

mjp
04-08-2022, 01:35 PM
Firstly Sydney to win.I have previously explained it MJP. We have North's 3rd round draft pick. Simple. Personally I would prefer to face the Woods in the finals than Melbourne but each to their own.

Sydney are only 3-games ahead of us.

Until they are locked and loaded in the finals, we should be rooting AGAINST them.

mjp
04-08-2022, 01:38 PM
How did the jumper grabbing from Melksham and Petracca go down over there MJP?

I guess that kid learnt a harsh lesson in real life trolling.

I doubt the kid learned anything - the general reaction seems to have been that Melksham (who has been blamed, right or wrong) needs to be either:

a/. Suspended by the AFL for misconduct.
b/. Flogged by a Fremantle supporter - the kid would be ideal but prob a proxy who could more adequately brandish the cat'o'nine-tails.
c/. Hung, Drawn and Quartered.

The 'maybe let the Melbourne supporters support Melbourne and you support your team' argument hasn't found a lot of support.

Mofra
04-08-2022, 01:42 PM

We picked a hell of a week to get Freo (Mundy's retirement).
I assume Stephen Koops will be glued to the game.

Axe Man
04-08-2022, 01:48 PM
We picked a hell of a week to get Freo (Mundy's retirement).
I assume Stephen Koops will be glued to the game.

It's not like it's his last game though. How many weeks can they keep doing it for Mundy?

Bulldog4life
04-08-2022, 02:36 PM
Sydney are only 3-games ahead of us.

Until they are locked and loaded in the finals, we should be rooting AGAINST them.

Go ahead good sir there is nothing stopping you. Like all on WOOF we are all entitled to our opinions.

Throughandthrough
04-08-2022, 05:34 PM
Appears this thread is not for you. T &T will be unhappy I'm sure. It's just a bit of fun.

As Yoda famously said "always think and consider the consequences before rooting."

Bulldog4life
04-08-2022, 05:52 PM
As Yoda famously said "always think and consider the consequences before rooting."

The original Mr. Rooter has returned. I bow to you.

Axe Man
04-08-2022, 06:04 PM

No way Yoda said that. If you had have said "consider the consequences before rooting, always you must" I would have believed you.

G-Mo77
07-08-2022, 09:36 AM
So we need to win our last 2 by a shitload and Richmond and Carlton to lose all their remaining games. Sounds easy enough. :)

azabob
07-08-2022, 09:45 AM
Game Over

G-Mo77
07-08-2022, 09:48 AM
Game Over

Yeah pretty much. I'm all in on anyone against Melbourne. What a pack of unlikeable turds they have become. Their supporters are just intolerable. I actually used to like them and was a country member in their dark days. Now I wish another 60 years of misery.

jeemak
07-08-2022, 11:24 AM
Yeah pretty much. I'm all in on anyone against Melbourne. What a pack of unlikeable turds they have become. Their supporters are just intolerable. I actually used to like them and was a country member in their dark days. Now I wish another 60 years of misery.

Who'd have imagined that an establishment club and supporter base would ignore the hard times and act like shitheads as soon as it turned rosy?

Max469
07-08-2022, 12:54 PM

Entitled arrogant a h. Although some were unlikable before they won their flag. Like you I wish them another 60 years of misery

EasternWest
07-08-2022, 12:58 PM

I remember.

Only kidding mate, just couldn't resist.

Sedat
07-08-2022, 02:41 PM
Richmond are home for finals and I am all on board the Tigger train for 2022. Shai Bolton is total box office - hands down the best opposition player to watch in the entire competition. I can't really cop anyone else in the finals.

Carlton will lose their next 3 and we will win our 2 - I reckon we could well sneak into 8th but it is a false economy. Our team defence is completely and utterly broken and requires a total overhaul in the off-season.

Happy Days
07-08-2022, 02:48 PM
Richmond are home for finals and I am all on board the Tigger train for 2022. Shai Bolton is total box office - hands down the best opposition player to watch in the entire competition. I can't really cop anyone else in the finals.

Carlton will lose their next 3 and we will win our 2 - I reckon we could well sneak into 8th but it is a false economy. Our team defence is completely and utterly broken and requires a total overhaul in the off-season.

Yeah I agree with that. I thought Richmond were finally finished but they are without question the hardest working team in it (why can’t my shocking team look like that) and Bolton as you said is appointment viewing. Might not like them but have to respect them.

Sedat
07-08-2022, 02:56 PM
Yeah I agree with that. I thought Richmond were finally finished but they are without question the hardest working team in it (why can’t my shocking team look like that) and Bolton as you said is appointment viewing. Might not like them but have to respect them.
They've already won 3 in this era, so if they get another one they will be no more unbearable and it just deprives the other contenders of the glory this year. Don't want Geelong to salute the judges for obvious reasons, don't want Melbourne to do it so they only broke their drought in iso and not in front of their fans. The Pies fans are feral and unhinged en masse. Sydney haven't stopped whining about 2016. Freo or Brisbane I could also live with I suppose.

bornadog
07-08-2022, 03:05 PM
Presuming we don't make it (I doubt we do) I would actually like Freo to win their first flag. The others have all had their go.

G-Mo77
07-08-2022, 03:17 PM
Presuming we don't make it (I doubt we do) I would actually like Freo to win their first flag. The others have all had their go.

Yep, Flagmantle, c'mon!!!

I wouldn't mind Collingwood either.

Mitcha
07-08-2022, 04:32 PM
I am now at an age where I no longer need prophylactics so have donated any remaining to those less fortunate. No more rooting for me, I've hung up my wand.

DOG GOD
07-08-2022, 04:55 PM
I’m on the Freo train as well.

Absolutely hate Geel and I never wanna see Dangerfield or Cameron with a premiership medal
Melb have the biggest egotistical pricks in the AFL and couldn’t fathom them back to back

Anyone I wouldn’t care, but would be nice for Freo to give Mundy the ideal farewell.

GVGjr
07-08-2022, 05:08 PM
Sydney for me, I really like the way they play. Wouldn't be upset with Freo though.

josie
07-08-2022, 11:35 PM
Freo or Pies for me.

Scorlibo
08-08-2022, 11:22 AM
As much as I’d quite like us to be put out of our misery, I think most likely we’ll find a way to beat the Orange Plastics, and can’t see Carlton beating Melbourne. That would mean Sunday the 21st becomes the day of reckoning for us in Tassie, with the Blues and Pies to go at it straight after our game. Still a decent hope for us of making finals.

If we don’t, I’m getting behind Freo.

MrMahatma
08-08-2022, 01:37 PM
As much as I’d quite like us to be put out of our misery, I think most likely we’ll find a way to beat the Orange Plastics, and can’t see Carlton beating Melbourne. That would mean Sunday the 21st becomes the day of reckoning for us in Tassie, with the Blues and Pies to go at it straight after our game. Still a decent hope for us of making finals.

If we don’t, I’m getting behind Freo.
Can we just pretend it’s finals now? We just have to win 6 knock out matches in a row and we’re premiers! Simples!

Bulldog4life
09-08-2022, 11:21 AM
The only ones that matter.

Round 22
Friday, August 12

St Kilda vs. Brisbane Lions - Marvel Stadium - 7:50pm

Saturday, August 13

Western Bulldogs vs. GWS GIANTS - Marvel Stadium - 1:45pm

Adelaide Crows vs. North Melbourne - Adelaide Oval - 2:10pm....purely for North's 3rd round draft pick.

Melbourne vs. Carlton - MCG - 7:25pm

Sunday, August 14

Richmond vs. Hawthorn - MCG - 1:10pm

Eastdog
09-08-2022, 11:58 AM
Hopefully we win and all the other results go our way. Last chance now.

Grantysghost
09-08-2022, 12:05 PM

What's your gut feel Easty? Any chance? I think the Hawks game will get us. Tough place to win down there against them.

Eastdog
09-08-2022, 12:10 PM
What's your gut feel Easty? Any chance? I think the Hawks game will get us. Tough place to win down there against them.

Big chance it will work out for us this weekend if we win our game. The Hawks we had trouble with last year down there at the end of the season hopefully this time round will get it right. I think if the Blues win we are pretty much gone regardless of what we do.

Scorlibo
09-08-2022, 12:17 PM
No Cripps for the Blues is a huge blow, especially if they don't get Kennedy or Hewett back. They'll get smacked through the middle by the Dees.

Scraggers
09-08-2022, 12:18 PM

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but our last chance went out the proverbial when Fremantle outwitted/outplayed/outlasted us on Saturday night. We have been voted off the island

Axe Man
09-08-2022, 12:31 PM
I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but our last chance went out the proverbial when Fremantle outwitted/outplayed/outlasted us on Saturday night. We have been voted off the island

Actually we have been sent to purgatory with a chance to return to the game. If we manage to get back we will be rank outsiders with little chance of making the final tribal council, but you have to be in it to win it.

Eastdog
09-08-2022, 01:30 PM
Until it is mathematically not possible for us to make it I’m still not giving up hope but will be very tough now after that result last Saturday.

bornadog
09-08-2022, 01:33 PM

If we can't win in Launceston, means we aren't good enough for finals.

Grantysghost
09-08-2022, 01:36 PM
If we can't win in Launceston, means we aren't good enough for finals.

We didn't win there last year!

Im thinking of going to that game, my presence should get us over the line...

Eastdog
09-08-2022, 01:36 PM

Could make a difference :D

bornadog
09-08-2022, 01:37 PM

Nice weekend away with the missus.

Grantysghost
09-08-2022, 01:38 PM
Nice weekend away with the missus.

Or even better on my own haha. Just kidding of course.

bornadog
09-08-2022, 01:40 PM
Or even better on my own haha. Just kidding of course.

does she read woof :D

Scraggers
09-08-2022, 01:42 PM
Actually we have been sent to purgatory with a chance to return to the game. If we manage to get back we will be rank outsiders with little chance of making the final tribal council, but you have to be in it to win it.

Hell in a Cell

Grantysghost
09-08-2022, 01:47 PM

No thankfully.

BornInDroopSt'54
09-08-2022, 03:10 PM
No thankfully.

Gotcha. My avatar fooled you. I am your wife!

Grantysghost
09-08-2022, 03:25 PM
Gotcha. My avatar fooled you. I am your wife!

Hahahaaa. Classic.

SquirrelGrip
09-08-2022, 04:57 PM

I think she is Danjul.

Axe Man
12-08-2022, 11:28 PM
Lucky root tonight. Fortunately the saints got performance anxiety in front of goal.

Scorlibo
13-08-2022, 12:49 AM
Lucky root tonight. Fortunately the saints got performance anxiety in front of goal.

And then there were nine...

MrMahatma
13-08-2022, 08:30 AM
A couple of big roots today.
A nice, familiar root, afternoon delight for a dogs win.
A nasty, filthy, forgettable and most likely needing to be alcohol fuelled root this evening to cheer on Melb. I feel gross.

Sedat
13-08-2022, 06:01 PM
Maths nerd alert. If the Dees win by about 3 goals (eg: 80 v 98), our percentage will be level with Carlton and next week becomes a simple equation of us winning and Carlton losing.

Scorlibo
14-08-2022, 10:56 AM
Maths nerd alert. If the Dees win by about 3 goals (eg: 80 v 98), our percentage will be level with Carlton and next week becomes a simple equation of us winning and Carlton losing.

Looks like we still need about a 3 goal cumulative margin next week. Knowing Collingwood if they win it'll be by a goal or less, so we'll need to make up the margin in our game.

There's a subtle root in play today for Collingwood to beat Sydney - to make it more likely that we play Melbourne in the first week of the finals.

Sedat
14-08-2022, 11:01 AM
Looks like we still need about a 3 goal cumulative margin next week. Knowing Collingwood if they win it'll be by a goal or less, so we'll need to make up the margin in our game.

There's a subtle root in play today for Collingwood to beat Sydney - to make it more likely that we play Melbourne in the first week of the finals.
Conversely if Collingwood lose today, their double chance is on the line next week and they will go full red line against Carlton. If they win today and their double chance is secured, they might not go 100% full throttle next week.

I think the percentage differential is closer to 2 goals. It was about 18 points prior to last night, so essentially a 1 goal result either way will just about get it done.

bornadog
14-08-2022, 11:21 AM
Conversely if Collingwood lose today, their double chance is on the line next week and they will go full red line against Carlton. If they win today and their double chance is secured, they might not go 100% full throttle next week.

I think the percentage differential is closer to 2 goals. It was about 18 points prior to last night, so essentially a 1 goal result either way will just about get it done.

I think Sydney will do Pies today

GVGjr
14-08-2022, 11:24 AM
I think Sydney will do Pies today

I've tipped them, I like the way they play.

Scorlibo
14-08-2022, 11:38 AM

It's about 15 points cumulative that we need, but depends on how high scoring the games are.

Fair point re: Pies, although they'd still have a home QF to play for next week, versus potentially going to Brisbane.

DOG GOD
14-08-2022, 11:55 AM
Well if we happen to beat Hawks I can’t see us winning by more than a goal. Rain is forecast…and we know how Coll like close games.

bornadog
14-08-2022, 04:23 PM
Well if we happen to beat Hawks I can’t see us winning by more than a goal. Rain is forecast…and we know how Coll like close games.

Rain will suit us

Sedat
14-08-2022, 04:35 PM
Fair point re: Pies, although they'd still have a home QF to play for next week, versus potentially going to Brisbane.
They will know their fate by Friday night after the Brisbane Melbourne game. They wouldn't fear anyone in finals, no matter where they are played, and nor should they

Scorlibo
14-08-2022, 06:52 PM
They will know their fate by Friday night after the Brisbane Melbourne game. They wouldn't fear anyone in finals, no matter where they are played, and nor should they

The footy gods have taken up your plan. Pies to come out breathing fire next week playing for the double chance.

If we make it odds are that we'll play Freo in Perth. If they lose against the Giants next then we would play the loser of Brisbane/Melbourne.

Sedat
14-08-2022, 08:01 PM
The footy gods have taken up your plan. Pies to come out breathing fire next week playing for the double chance.

If we make it odds are that we'll play Freo in Perth. If they lose against the Giants next then we would play the loser of Brisbane/Melbourne.
Felt like they almost conceded today by resting De Goey. The loss won't hurt them and will sharpen them up for next week - they'll need to against a desperate opponent who actually played very well last night (except the last 3 minutes)

BornInDroopSt'54
15-08-2022, 02:00 PM
A fine weekend of rooting. Needed to root until the siren in a few key games with the greatest of pleasure and outcomes.

boydogs
16-08-2022, 01:52 AM
The top 7 are locked in, and only us and Carlton can finish 8th
We play Hawthorn in Launceston 1:10pm Sunday, Carlton play Collingwood 3:20pm Sunday

We won't know whether Carlton have won or lost, or how much by, before our game finishes
If we win by 14 points or more we are in as long as Carlton lose, even if only by a point

That is based on 94-80 in our game and 80-81 in theirs, higher scores mean we need a bigger margin

Bulldog Joe
16-08-2022, 07:12 AM
The top 7 are locked in, and only us and Carlton can finish 8th
We play Hawthorn in Launceston 1:10pm Sunday, Carlton play Collingwood 3:20pm Sunday

We won't know whether Carlton have won or lost, or how much by, before our game finishes
If we win by 14 points or more we are in as long as Carlton lose, even if only by a point

That is based on 94-80 in our game and 80-81 in theirs, higher scores mean we need a bigger margin

So win by 15 and restrict Hawthorn to no more than 80 and our job is done.

Unfortunately we still need Collingwood to do the right thing.

Happy Days
16-08-2022, 09:29 AM
We should try to win by 150 I think.

boydogs
16-08-2022, 06:58 PM
Anyone in Melbourne going to the G to barrack for Collingwood live? :D

Should be a cracking game, $1.92 each on Sportsbet, Carlton want finals and Collingwood top 4

josie
16-08-2022, 07:10 PM
Anyone in Melbourne going to the G to barrack for Collingwood live? :D

Should be a cracking game, $1.92 each on Sportsbet, Carlton want finals and Collingwood top 4

Tempted. Bit of an overlap b/w our game (kayo for me) might make this less popular than it otherwise would be. Is it on free to air tv?

boydogs
16-08-2022, 10:33 PM
Tempted. Bit of an overlap b/w our game (kayo for me) might make this less popular than it otherwise would be. Is it on free to air tv?

Yeah it is

Interesting scenarios depending on round 23 results. Melbourne could lose away to Brisbane and play an elimination final against Richmond, that could be the flag defense over.

Collingwood and us need to win for us to get in. Then Geelong are 1st, Richmond 7th and us 8th. If Sydney beat St Kilda and Freo beat GWS, 2-6 is Sydney, Bris/Mel winner, Collingwood, Freo, Bris/Mel loser, unless Melbourne beat Brisbane and catch Sydney on percentage. We would play Freo away week 1, Collingwood week 2 assuming they lose to Geelong, Sydney away if they beat Bris/Mel, Geelong

If Freo lose to GWS we get Melbourne week 1, if Sydney lose to St Kilda we get Sydney week 2

I think we want GWS and Sydney to win

Sedat
21-08-2022, 07:49 PM
Low key root currently going on. We need St Kilda just to hold one and stop this game blowing out. It gives a better stastical probability of a potential home PF against Melbourne at the MCG instead of Sydney at the SCG. We just need to knock off Freo in Perth and the Pies at the MCG. Richmond does the business against Brisbane and Sydney and then knock off Geelong in the PF. We play the Tigers in the GF, simples.

Throughandthrough
22-08-2022, 08:02 PM
Cigars all round

Throughandthrough
22-08-2022, 08:05 PM

amazingly close!

ReLoad
23-08-2022, 08:56 AM
Great rooting everyone!

one of the best collective roots we've ever had.

Twodogs
23-08-2022, 10:04 PM
Great rooting everyone!

one of the best collective roots we've ever had.

Yep. Close to the best root I've ever had. It lasted twice as long as any other root I've ever had as well. Gotta love a long slow exciting root

hujsh
05-05-2023, 03:45 PM
Never too early to root.

If we win this week one of Adelaide or Geelong will lose. If Essendon lose away to Port we're in the 8

bornadog
05-05-2023, 03:46 PM
Never too early to root.

If we win this week one of Adelaide or Geelong will lose. If Essendon lose away to Port we're in the 8

Can't see Essendon beating Port.

bulldogsthru&thru
05-05-2023, 03:47 PM
We always have the weekly root of whoever Brisbane is playing. Go blues? Or are Carlton going to be too close to our rival for a spot in the 8? Some complicated roots this year.

hujsh
05-05-2023, 03:52 PM
We always have the weekly root of whoever Brisbane is playing. Go blues? Or are Carlton going to be too close to our rival for a spot in the 8? Some complicated roots this year.

Call that a classic win win

bornadog
05-05-2023, 04:03 PM

No thanks, Go Lions

Sedat
03-07-2023, 04:09 PM
Pretty satisfying weekend of rooting:

1. Richmond out of business for top 8? Tick
2. Geelong and Swans both not winning and rendering their much bigger percentage irrelevant, so it is like they both lost? Big Tick
3. Dogs do the business against fellow top 8 aspirant Freo? Double Tick
4. Suns embarrass themselves and lose a heap of percentage? Tick
5. Bombers broken hearts? Big Tick (and lulz)
6. Demons going to Bulldog goalkicking and forward inefficiency school? Big Tick
7. Saints falling over the line against WAFL team? Small Tick (missed percentage boost - couldn't possibly expect them to lose but they gave it a crack)

GVGjr
03-07-2023, 05:07 PM
Mythbusting the whole you can't win after a bye speculation should be a big tick as well.

Bulldog Joe
03-07-2023, 07:05 PM
Mythbusting the whole you can't win after a bye speculation should be a big tick as well.

14 teams were asked to do this and 4 achieved with all the 4 in the last week.

While Carlton had a big win they were absolutely backs to the wall season over against the team ranked 16
Port as top 2 fell in with a goal after the siren against middling Essendon.
GWS pulled off a great victtory by a kick against top 4 contender Melbourne who just refused to kick goals.

I feel our win was meritorious against a fellow challenger who offered sound resistance.

1eyedog
03-07-2023, 07:26 PM

2. Geelong and Swans both not winning and rendering their much bigger percentage irrelevant, so it is like they both lost? Big Tick
6. Demons going to Bulldog goalkicking and forward inefficiency school? Big Tick
7. Saints falling over the line against WAFL team? Small Tick (missed percentage boost - couldn't possibly expect them to lose but they gave it a crack)

It has begun!

Resurrecting this thread. Big Tick.

All prime time viewing right there ^^^

josie
03-07-2023, 11:47 PM
It has begun!

Resurrecting this thread. Big Tick.

All prime time viewing right there ^^^

Don?t you mean big tickling? (Pronounced with white S.African accent). That?s what our players need to improve upon too.

ledge
04-07-2023, 12:52 AM
This week we root for ourselves more than any other team . Beat the pies and it’s all chocolates and roses , lose and it’s back to the pack. Melbourne playing saints and Essendon playing Adelaide is a godsend if we win. Watch the media frenzy over us if it happens.

macca
04-07-2023, 02:54 AM

I am going to watch the replays in full for this round , just to enjoy seeing all the team's I hate, lose .
It would have been one of those enjoyable watching footy weekends.
thanks for the summary @Sedat.

GVGjr
22-07-2023, 10:02 AM
Now that we've banked a win I think we've earned a good old fashioned root for this round.

Can the Hawks knock over Richmond and put the sword to their finals ambition?
It looks like a sure thing that Carlton will win but we can't have it all.
I think we need to support Brisbane over Sedat's 2nd team.
It's got a bit of 'Who Cares' with Freo and Sydney so whatev.
Port vs Collingwood really doesn't concern us at this stage of the season.
GWS vs the Suns is a 'Lets hope the sun shines on the Suns' and Kingy is a good bloke theme about it.
It feels dirty but I'm almost hoping for a Melbourne win against the Crows which will keep them well behind us.
I'm hopeful that North have an upset win over the Saints but it's a long shot.

EasternWest
22-07-2023, 10:36 AM
over Sedat's 2nd team.

One of woof's most enduring gags long may it reign.

bornadog
22-07-2023, 12:11 PM
Now that we've banked a win I think we've earned a good old fashioned root for this round.

GWS vs the Suns is a 'Lets hope the sun shines on the Suns' and Kingy is a good bloke theme about it.
It feels dirty but I'm almost hoping for a Melbourne win against the Crows which will keep them well behind us.

I am a bit torn over Melbourne v Adelaide as I want that 4th spot

Sedat
24-07-2023, 04:44 PM

Not a fantastic weekend of rooting apart from our game and Brisbane (and Melbourne to a lesser extent). GWS winning well but not by over 10 goals (as they were threatening to do at one stage) was a minor positive, and St Kilda not filling their percentage boots was a big positive.

Another huge weekend coming up. Pies and Demons could both do us a huge solid, and the Hawks are a big chance against a stuttering St Kilda. If those 3 results fall our way and we can get over GWS, it will be a very good weekend. Essendon v Sydney is interesting - I hope the Swans get up only because Essendon notionally have an easier remaining draw (West Coke and North).

If we can win both the next 2 games against fellow top 8 aspirants, it will go a very long way to securing our finals place.

bulldogsthru&thru
24-07-2023, 04:56 PM
Not a fantastic weekend of rooting apart from our game and Brisbane (and Melbourne to a lesser extent). GWS winning well but not by over 10 goals (as they were threatening to do at one stage) was a minor positive, and St Kilda not filling their percentage boots was a big positive.

Another huge weekend coming up. Pies and Demons could both do us a huge solid, and the Hawks are a big chance against a stuttering St Kilda. If those 3 results fall our way and we can get over GWS, it will be a very good weekend. Essendon v Sydney is interesting - I hope the Swans get up only because Essendon notionally have an easier remaining draw (West Coke and North).

If we can win both the next 2 games against fellow top 8 aspirants, it will go a very long way to securing our finals place.

Yep. Beating gws is key. But hopefully results more or less go to script this week:

Pies beat blues
Power beat crows
Dees beat Tigers.

Then I'm also hoping swans beat bombers. Swans have a tougher remaining schedule and are 2 points further back. Ridley has been ruled out for the remainder of the h&a season so it's a big blow to essendon who have both the roos and Eagles still to play.

The one upset that has a chance is the hawks over the saints. Not unrealistic depending which hawks outfit turns up.

Sedat
31-07-2023, 11:31 AM
Mixed bag of rooting this weekend, lead by our inability to close out a game that was well in our keeping:

Coll v Carl - bad root but good for the competition. This season is totally alive for anyone who gets on a run.
Dogs v Giants - disaster on both fronts, our loss and also giving GWS a leg-up
Geel v Dockers - massive bonus, Cats look shot with Blicavs and Hawkins gone for season. Reckon they'll be proper cooked come R24
GC v Bris - bonus re: draft order. GC still effectively 2 games behind us due to poor %
Ess v Syd - not too bad. Ess have 2 easy kills coming up and Syd have harder draw so better that they won
Adel v Port - not great, but if the Crows make it they will 100% deserve it
St K v Hawks - looked a disaster at 1/4 time but Hawks protected %, St K only 2-3 goals ahead of us
Rich v Melb - great result for us, deflating for the Tigers. They could easily drop their bundle for rest of the season (hopeless at Marvel)

If we get the job done this weekend as we absolutely should, one of Carl/St K will lose as will one of Syd/GWS. With Hawks (not easy) and WC to come, we can push for 5th. No excuses whatsoever, we should be chasing this season for all it's worth because it is completely open for anyone in form at the right time to snatch it.

bulldogsthru&thru
31-07-2023, 11:42 AM
It's really flattening to get to this point of the season and yet again we have to intently focus on other results as we drop our bundle in games we should win.

Sedat
31-07-2023, 03:33 PM
It's really flattening to get to this point of the season and yet again we have to intently focus on other results as we drop our bundle in games we should win.
Despite our poor fade-out on the weekend, I'm encouraged by the fact that Collingwood, Port and Brisbane all showed significant frailties this weekend and that the race for the flag this year is genuinely wide open. Also happy that our kryptonite, Geelong, had a major setback both with results and personnel out. No other teams scare me and they shouldn't scare the players.

I'm also encouraged by the fact that we get Jones (and Richards) back this week/next week in our most pressing area of need at just the right time to start making a charge. Destiny is still very much in our own hands - we have enough talent and weapons to make a move. But it starts this Friday night - no excuses.

bornadog
31-07-2023, 03:36 PM
Despite our poor fade-out on the weekend, I'm encouraged by the fact that Collingwood, Port and Brisbane all showed significant frailties this weekend and that the race for the flag this year is genuinely wide open. Also happy that our kryptonite, Geelong, had a major setback both with results and personnel out. No other teams scare me and they shouldn't scare the players.

I'm also encouraged by the fact that we get Jones (and Richards) back this week/next week in our most pressing area of need at just the right time to start making a charge. Destiny is still very much in our own hands - we have enough talent and weapons to make a move. But it starts this Friday night - no excuses.

Love your positivity Sedat - no use being miserable bastards even though these losses hurt.

Incredible weekend of upsets, I think I tipped 2 winners.

Sedat
31-07-2023, 04:14 PM
Love your positivity Sedat - no use being miserable bastards even though these losses hurt.

Incredible weekend of upsets, I think I tipped 2 winners.
GWS are white-hot and we should have been out of sight by half time. That says to me our best is seriously good, which Bevo acknowledged in the presser that the first half was our best for the season. Of course it is massively disappointing that we faded out, but Geelong, Brisbane, Collingwood and Port were all pretty terrible on the weekend and they were the top 4-5 seeds (along with Melbourne) before this weekend.

I remember being flat late in season 2016 when Freo beat us and we ended up 7th. I was similarly flat after Port pipped us in the final H&A match of 2021 and we ended up 5th. It can turn around quickly and we undeniably have seriously top-end talent to make a charge - Jones and Richards back gives us so much more talent and better structure down back. We've just got to level up and get to work starting this Friday.

merantau
31-07-2023, 11:50 PM
If we are good enough we will win the next three and if Blicavs and Hawkins are out for the year Geelong are ripe for the picking.

If results fall our way the damaged influcted last round can be mended.

G-Mo77
01-08-2023, 09:23 AM
GWS are white-hot and we should have been out of sight by half time. That says to me our best is seriously good, which Bevo acknowledged in the presser that the first half was our best for the season. Of course it is massively disappointing that we faded out, but Geelong, Brisbane, Collingwood and Port were all pretty terrible on the weekend and they were the top 4-5 seeds (along with Melbourne) before this weekend.

I remember being flat late in season 2016 when Freo beat us and we ended up 7th. I was similarly flat after Port pipped us in the final H&A match of 2021 and we ended up 5th. It can turn around quickly and we undeniably have seriously top-end talent to make a charge - Jones and Richards back gives us so much more talent and better structure down back. We've just got to level up and get to work starting this Friday.

2016, 2021 we were so much better and much more consistent during the season. 2016 we were a game out of the 4 I believe. 2021 we were 1 and 2 for most of the season. Late collapses on both seasons dropped us down. I don't think our final position reflected how good we were those seasons. When you compare this season, or last, it's so far off those 2 GF seasons. Yes we will make finals, I believe we'll win 3 of 4 but I have no faith in this squad going into an EF at all.

Grantysghost
01-08-2023, 09:42 AM
2016, 2021 we were so much better and much more consistent during the season. 2016 we were a game out of the 4 I believe. 2021 we were 1 and 2 for most of the season. Late collapses on both seasons dropped us down. I don't think our final position reflected how good we were those seasons. When you compare this season, or last, it's so far off those 2 GF seasons. Yes we will make finals, I believe we'll win 3 of 4 but I have no faith in this squad going into an EF at all.

2016 we ended up 19 and 7 that's an amazing season.
Swans were the same I think.

GVGjr
01-08-2023, 09:48 AM

In 2021 we coughed up a very strong position late in the season with a couple of losses which was a shame and played well in the finals but got overrun in the 3rd and final quarters. The next few weeks will probably give the club an idea of if they need to blow up the list or just add a bit around the edges.

bornadog
01-08-2023, 10:06 AM

2021 we missed 4th by 0.40%

G-Mo77
01-08-2023, 10:10 AM
2021 we missed 4th by 0.40%

Yeah, we were dam good for most of that season.

Mantis
01-08-2023, 10:30 AM
In 2021 we coughed up a very strong position late in the season with a couple of losses which was a shame and played well in the finals but got overrun in the 3rd and final quarters. The next few weeks will probably give the club an idea of if they need to blow up the list or just add a bit around the edges.

If the wheels fall off do you think Bevo has the capacity to do this?

From where I sit it feels the loyalty Bevo shows fringe players is greater than it needs to be, so I have no idea how he goes about moving on players that are competent, but not helping us move into one of the top 4 teams.

GVGjr
01-08-2023, 11:13 AM
If the wheels fall off do you think Bevo has the capacity to do this?

From where I sit it feels the loyalty Bevo shows fringe players is greater than it needs to be, so I have no idea how he goes about moving on players that are competent, but not helping us move into one of the top 4 teams.

Im not confident Bevo has it in him to make a lot of list changes but if we dont make the finals or don't progress past the first week again all the signs are pointing to a bit of a clean out.

bornadog
01-08-2023, 12:16 PM
Im not confident Bevo has it in him to make a lot of list changes but if we dont make the finals or don't progress past the first week again all the signs are pointing to a bit of a clean out.

Under Bevo we have averaged 8 list changes per year. How many should go this year if that is not enough?

bulldogsthru&thru
01-08-2023, 12:26 PM
Under Bevo we have averaged 8 list changes per year. How many should go this year if that is not enough?

The fact we've done this yet also have too many vfl quality players on the list for too long says a lot about our depth and in turn our recent drafting.

GVGjr
01-08-2023, 12:55 PM

I'm a bit confused by some contradictions. Is the list overarrated or lacking depth or not?

hujsh
01-08-2023, 01:13 PM

Yeah but i think a lot of that is inflated with rookie list tinkering and bringing in known fringe types (Hannan, TOB, Lloyd etc). Our draft numbers have been pretty low for a while

bornadog
01-08-2023, 02:16 PM
I'm a bit confused by some contradictions. Is the list overarrated or lacking depth or not?

Not sure what that has to do with turning over players? All I said was an av of 8 and how many should we turn over

Yeah but i think a lot of that is inflated with rookie list tinkering and bringing in known fringe types (Hannan, TOB, Lloyd etc). Our draft numbers have been pretty low for a while

Yeah, we haven't drafted alot each year, but we had to replace the players. Maybe wrong decisions in hindsight.

Sedat
01-08-2023, 02:54 PM
I think the list lacks depth in key areas but we can worry about that in the off-season. With Jones and Richards back we have a much better balanced and infinitely more talented D50, an elite midfield and strong weapons up forward (if inconsistent with their work-rate to retain the ball inside F50). I want us to keep pushing for silverware in 2023 and reinforce our internal expectations of being a top 4 team.

We got on a 4 week run in 2016 and a 3.5 week run in 2021, both from out of nowhere. I want us to be "the danger" that Chris Scott was crapping on about a week ago with his tin-shed pissant team.

As much as Bevo frustrate and confounds me, he is so invested in us and in the team and I want him to taste glory again. And I want those low-rent deadshits in the media like Wilson, Barrett and Cornes to choke on their own words.

Sedat
16-08-2023, 03:02 PM
Whilst our result was absolute rubbish, we were very lucky with some pivotal results in other matches going our way, namely Geelong losing, Adelaide getting pipped in a match they dominated for large parts, and GWS also getting done. So in a minor miracle, we are still in the top 8 on percentage. Some massive games this week:

Dogs v Eagles - need to get the job done and done well. Just focus on playing every minute and every contest and we should win by 10+ goals.
GWS v Essendon - anything but a draw. Both GWS and Essendon are up against it in R24. Essendon I guess (followed by them losing to Collingwood in R24 Friday night), so at least we know what we have to do by the time we play at Shithole Park in R24 (don't want to rely on GWS losing the day after we invariably lose to Geelong).
St Kilda v Geelong - Saints win kills off Geelong and ensures a 'lesser' team is in finals. Also makes Geelong more gettable in R24 if they are finals cooked. Geelong winning not a complete disaster either, as St Kilda will struggle to beat Brisbane at the Gabba in R24 and we have their percentage covered already so should finish ahead of them if we do what we should against the Eagles (and we'll already know before our R24 game if St Kilda are out). No draw here either please - crap on both counts.
Adelaide v Swans - dream result would be a draw here, which would render Adelaide's huge percentage meaningless and Sydney's percentage within catching distance (we would need to beat the Eagles by around 12 goals). Otherwise Sydney win to kill off Adelaide for good (they will smash the Eagles in R24). If Adelaide win, we are ahead of Sydney at the end of this round if we beat WC (and they have Melbourne to follow in R24) so that's not a total disaster either.
Gold Coast v Carlton - Carlton to keep the pressure on Melbourne for top 4 if they lose this week.
Melbourne v Hawthorn - Hawthorn win (and Carlton win) would make Melbourne have to work at full throttle the following week against Sydney to ensure top 4 finish.

These matches don't really matter all that much:
Richmond v North
Coll v Brisbane
Freo v Port - I guess if Brisbane and Port both win, it ensures Collingwood are going full throttle against Essendon in R24 to finish top. Irrespective, they won't want to flirt with form and are simply a better team than Essendon, who are barely going at the minute.

bulldogtragic
16-08-2023, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the analysis. But I ****ing hate the ongoing relevance of this thread. ****ing hate it to bits.

bulldogtragic
16-08-2023, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the analysis. But I ****ing hate the ongoing relevance of this thread. ****ing hate it to bits.

I want post 1,000 though. Yay!