PDA

View Full Version : Changes for Rd2 NAB Cup

Dry Rot
16-02-2008, 04:55 PM
IIRC the following team played (including an extra two for Darwin conditions)

WESTERN BULLDOGS
1 - Farren Ray
2 - Robert Murphy
3 - Andrejs Everitt
4 - Daniel Cross
5 - Matthew Boyd
6 - Brad Johnson
7 - Scott West
8 - Mitch Hahn
9 - Lindsay Gilbee
10 - Nathan Eagleton
11 - Peter Street
15 - Ben Hudson
16 - Ryan Griffen
17 - Adam Cooney
18 - Brennan Stack
20 - Josh Hill
21 - Jason Akermanis
22 - Dylan Addison
25 - Ryan Hargrave
28 - Scott Welsh
33 - Tim Callan
35 - Stephen Tiller
36 - Brian Lake
37 - Cameron Wight
38 - Dale Morris
40 - Jarrod Harbrow

For Rd 2 at the Dome, ins of Minson, McDougall and Higgins?

If so, 5 must be dropped (including the smaller bench): Hill, Stack, one of Callan or Addison, two of Tiller, Wight or Street?

Thoughts?

Rocket Science
16-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Looks on the money...

If Minson comes in you'd think that puts paid Street's spot...A Higgins 'in' would surely see Stack gone...And though not exactly a one-for-one, you'd guess Hill goes in the event McDougall gets the nod.

However, though he didn't have a blinder I suspect they might want to give Callan another look-see unless they're particularly eager to squeeze anyone else in...would also argue Tiller did more than enough to keep his spot, and they'd be looking to further observe how Wight acquits himself again next Friday with his new responsibilities.

Also worth contemplating the severity of Ray's ankle injury...might keep him out and mean a reprieve for a Callan or Addison. Thought the latter was handy in a limited role last night.

Any word on how far off Williams is out of curiosity?

GVGjr
16-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Any word on how far off Williams is out of curiosity?

I heard that he is still one more week away. I think they are playing it safe.

LostDoggy
16-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Johnno was on SEN this morning and mentioned that Tom will be playing round 2 of the NAB. Also said he's been 'training the house down and leading the other young players by example'.

hujsh
16-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Johnno was on SEN this morning and mentioned that Tom will be playing round 2 of the NAB. Also said he's been 'training the house down and leading the other young players by example'.

The first player to do that from the rehab group ever.:p

LostDoggy
16-02-2008, 09:25 PM
The first player to do that from the rehab group ever.:p

I know.. exactly the first thoughts that came to my mind. But I'm prone to giving people the benefit of the doubt. Maybe Johnno is referring to Tom's weight work or even his efforts at rehab?

hujsh
16-02-2008, 09:29 PM
I know.. exactly the first thoughts that came to my mind. But I'm prone to giving people the benefit of the doubt. Maybe Johnno is referring to Tom's weight work or even his efforts at rehab?

Well he can't say he's doing pretty crap and hasn't had a good re-season so even if he has just altered the truth I'm happy.

It would be irresponsible to not get excitement (memberships) up and Tom is the perfect vessel for that.

Go_Dogs
17-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Will Ray be able to get up?

Bulldog Revolution
17-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Will Ray be able to get up?

During the season they probably could get him up, but it would be crazy to have him play next week at this stage of the years preparation

Dogs 24/7
17-02-2008, 12:51 PM
I wonder if the Bombers will load up with height in the forward line and try and test us?

LostDoggy
17-02-2008, 12:55 PM
I wonder if the Bombers will load up with height in the forward line and try and test us?

I really hope so cos they will lose with the plan. We have no problem with defensive height with options like Lake, Everitt, McDougall, Williams, Morris and Hargrave. Quality is a different matter.

MrMahatma
18-02-2008, 03:23 AM
Lake - Lloyd
Morris - Lucas
Williams - Johns (?)

Who else do they have these days?

Hille as resting ruckman.

I'm pretty happy drawing Essendon, and expect we should win given our midfield should give theirs a bath, and our defense is getting better.

Would be great to get to the next round and take on Saints or Cats - that'd start to give us a picture of where we're at.

Rocket Science
18-02-2008, 05:28 AM
That's providing Williams plays.

There's also the small issue of Laycock as a resting forward to deal with...and he can kick a goal too.

They regrettably had considerably more run and carry versus the Lions than they demonstrated last year and won't be the easy pickings of 12 months ago. If we go in half arsed they'll knock us over I fear...then again, s'much as I'd like to progress in this comp, particularly at the Dons expense, it's only the NAB cup.

Should that eventuate, they can have it...The bigger picture beckons.

Mantis
18-02-2008, 09:07 AM
Lake - Lloyd
Morris - Lucas
Williams - Johns (?)

Who else do they have these days?

Hille as resting ruckman.

I'm pretty happy drawing Essendon, and expect we should win given our midfield should give theirs a bath, and our defense is getting better.

Would be great to get to the next round and take on Saints or Cats - that'd start to give us a picture of where we're at.

I hate that match-up. As good as Morris is if we continue to play him on players like Lucas and Riewoldt we are going to continue to struggle. I would prefer Morris to play Lloyd if we are going to have an under-sized backline, but would prefer to play McDougall in defence to pick up a 'tall'.

The Underdog
18-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if a few older players had a rest & we field a bit more of an inexperienced team. Ray obviously should be rested. Higgins should play if fit and spend some time in the middle. Would like to see Stack, Hill & Lynch if he's fit play just to keep getting some games into them.

always right
18-02-2008, 02:13 PM

I heard the interview and I took it that Johnno was referring to the pre-season as a whole, not just the last month or so. Without recalling the exact wording, he was referring to William's work on the weights and his approach to the pre-season saying he really led by example. Now if we can just get him on the field:cool:

Dry Rot
18-02-2008, 02:27 PM
How far away is Williams from playing? And Skipper?

LostDoggy
18-02-2008, 02:49 PM
The Bombers were not the worst in the first two months of last year. Happily, it all went to pot in a short space of time...

I wouldn't like to see people mark Hill's cards just yet. Give him another chance in better conditions to show his skills. Sit Aker out if he's already as fit and match-ready as we hear. West too. Give McDougall Hargrave's spot and get Higgins and Minson in.

hujsh
18-02-2008, 04:49 PM
Are they playing Lloyd or not?

aker39
18-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Are they playing Lloyd or not?

NOT.

hujsh
18-02-2008, 04:58 PM
NOT.

Then that solves some of the key talls issues

Cyberdoggie
18-02-2008, 05:27 PM
i think we may rest a few from the darwin squad.

i'd like to see hill and stack get another game as they barely had 5 min of game time.

Malcolm lynch you'd think would also be in with a chance.

Perhaps some old timers like westy might have a rest.