PDA

View Full Version : The Moment, Rnd 21 2019 vs Essendon

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
10-08-2019, 03:03 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in today's game against Essendon.The Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.'

GVGjr
10-08-2019, 09:37 PM
Bump

bulldogtragic
10-08-2019, 11:03 PM
The first Bronx cheer of Essendon fans.

Rocket Science
10-08-2019, 11:30 PM
When Jakey tried some half arsed heroics early on and we absolutely mobbed him.

Twodogs
10-08-2019, 11:39 PM
Spoilt for choice tonight. Hayes or MacLean's (can't remember exactly) goal when Bont ran through the middle and tried to hit up Schache. Josh stayed in the contest and got the ball goal side to whoever it was. When that's happening it's your day.

Or night. Whatever.

The bulldog tragician
10-08-2019, 11:41 PM
When Stringer the so-called explosive mid was moved into the centre in the last quarter and the body language of Bont and Macrae was bristling with the competitive drive to show him up..and they promptly did. No love lost there

Hotdog60
10-08-2019, 11:42 PM
The moment was in the first few minutes when Stringer broke out of the centre that lead to Dylan Shiel's goal.
After that the Dogs said there will be no more of those shenanigans.

SonofScray
10-08-2019, 11:50 PM
Essendon's first 30 seconds. Very impressive.

westdog54
10-08-2019, 11:53 PM
Any hope Essendon's fans had of a revival was snuffed out when Cale Hooker's insipid kick across goal was smothered by Schache.

The ball spilling perfectly onto Bailey Dale's not in the middle of the goalsquare told all assembled that this was going to be a brutal massacre.

GVGjr
10-08-2019, 11:55 PM
The gang tackle on Stringer was probably the most enjoyable of many momemts.
Dicko's long goal was telling at the time.

bulldogtragic
11-08-2019, 12:01 AM
Any hope Essendon's fans had of a revival was snuffed out when Cale Hooker's insipid kick across goal was smothered by Schache.

The ball spilling perfectly onto Bailey Dale's not in the middle of the goalsquare told all assembled that this was going to be a brutal massacre.

Schache denied a goal assist for that too. Mind you his 50m pin point pass to Dale/Dicko was a thing of beauty for his GA.

westdog54
11-08-2019, 12:15 AM
Schache denied a goal assist for that too. Mind you his 50m pin point pass to Dale/Dicko was a thing of beauty for his GA.

I think it was McLean.

It's one of the best field kicks I've ever seen.

NoseBleed
11-08-2019, 12:19 AM
The gang tackle on Stringer was probably the most enjoyable.

And it should have been 50 when he put the ball on the ground afterwards rather than throw it back.

FrediKanoute
11-08-2019, 12:23 AM
That moment int the game when the umpire held the ball up for the very first bounce......

bulldogtragic
11-08-2019, 12:40 AM
I think it was McLean.

It's one of the best field kicks I've ever seen.

Absolutely. How good is to have a 200cm forward be able to field kick like that? We are spoilt for young talent.

LostDoggy
11-08-2019, 01:03 AM

Yeah this was my choice, everything going right for us and pear for them.
*Bale, this will be the easiest goal you ever kick.

1eyedog
11-08-2019, 01:13 AM
Absolutely. How good is to have a 200cm forward be able to field kick like that? We are spoilt for young talent.

He was important. Won't get the laudits but did a ton of heavy lifting in the air and a heap of pressure acts. Exactly what we need from him. Great game.

bulldogtragic
11-08-2019, 01:19 AM
He was important. Won't get the laudits but did a ton of heavy lifting in the air and a heap of pressure acts. Exactly what we need from him. Great game.

Since being recalled, he’s played 7 (concussed in one), he’s kicked 13.2, 2 goal assists and worked his arse off. He’s growing into the player we all want him to be.

Dancin' Douggy
11-08-2019, 12:15 PM
Since being recalled, he’s played 7 (concussed in one), he’s kicked 13.2, 2 goal assists and worked his arse off. He’s growing into the player we all want him to be.

very well said.

ratsmac
12-08-2019, 12:00 AM
A good moment for me is when we were defending like crazy as if the game was on the line in the last quarter just to deny them their second goal. We were ruthless.

jeemak
12-08-2019, 03:54 AM
The work everyone had to do to get Dicko his first goal, and the fact Dicko was clever enough to position himself to keep the footy in front of him.

Watch it again, it's the genuine hallmark of good forward craft what Tory did there, positioned himself properly to either get a free kick against a desperate defender or have a free run at goal against a trailing defender - without ever actually handling the footy.

At times this year that would have been an opportunity wasted, but early in the game Tory did what he had to do to get a goal.

Ghost Dog
12-08-2019, 09:25 AM

13.2 wow that is great going. Just what we need.

AshMac
13-08-2019, 09:39 AM
The end to end transition with the premiership winning style overlap run which resulted in Hayes kicking a nice goal from 35 out was just beautiful to watch

bornadog
13-08-2019, 10:00 AM
The end to end transition with the premiership winning style overlap run which resulted in Hayes kicking a nice goal from 35 out was just beautiful to watch

The chain of handballs was incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCQXyw2RfZ8

Twodogs
13-08-2019, 10:12 AM
Whoever called that a training run was right on the money. You dream of it going that well at training and not hitting the ground. In a match...

westdog54
13-08-2019, 11:31 AM
Whoever called that a training run was right on the money. You dream of it going that well at training and not hitting the ground. In a match...

You've usually got some sort of opposition in the way in a training run.

Twodogs
13-08-2019, 11:42 AM
You've usually got some sort of opposition in the way in a training run.

Geez they were bloody awful. I'm trying to think of a less dispirited side that I have seen over the journey but apart from a few of the teams we put onto the field in the early '80s (and a few of the blokes we picked back then didn't really deserve a spot on talent or form in a side supposedly competing at the top level) I'm struggling

bornadog
13-08-2019, 11:49 AM
Geez they were bloody awful. I'm trying to think of a less dispirited side that I have seen over the journey but apart from a few of the teams we put onto the field in the early '80s (and a few of the blokes we picked back then didn't really deserve a spot on talent or form in a side supposedly competing at the top level) I'm struggling

Griff famously mentioned Richmond and how they didn't try- was it round 1 2006. At least the Tigers kicked 7 to our 25

azabob
13-08-2019, 11:54 AM
Griff famously mentioned Richmond and how they didn't try- was it round 1 2006. At least the Tigers kicked 7 to our 25

And from that moment Griffen never said boo again.

BornInDroopSt'54
13-08-2019, 11:57 AM

One of the all time great team goals.

Bulldog4life
13-08-2019, 12:00 PM

Yes that was my moment too. Hayes actually started the string of hand balls from the hbf. He showed what he can do. Great effort.

AshMac
13-08-2019, 04:06 PM
Yes that was my moment too. Hayes actually started the string of hand balls from the hbf. He showed what he can do. Great effort.

I have to admit, I’ve liked him this year. It’s not popular I know, but he is effectively a first year player. His running, strength and positioning have all been ok.

Gets nervous and makes a few mistakes which are very obvious but I think there is a good foundation there to play a role. I’d like to see him earn 10-15 afl games next year.

Happy Days
13-08-2019, 04:07 PM
I haven't quite recovered from his brutal fumbling against Brisbane and the Cats earlier this year to co-sign him going forward, but he was very impressive on the weekend. The environment wasn't exactly the most pressurised we'll see, but his touch was cleaner and kicking seems to be noticeably improved.

1eyedog
13-08-2019, 04:52 PM
I haven't quite recovered from his brutal fumbling against Brisbane and the Cats earlier this year to co-sign him going forward, but he was very impressive on the weekend. The environment wasn't exactly the most pressurised we'll see, but his touch was cleaner and kicking seems to be noticeably improved.

Still think he will be shown up in real pressure but he was good on Saturday night. Wish him all the best.

AshMac
13-08-2019, 08:12 PM
Still think he will be shown up in real pressure but he was good on Saturday night. Wish him all the best.

As a first year player at that level - that has waited years for his chance - I few it’s normal he’d Be very nervous.

Love to see him build his confidence and see what he is capable of. In earnest - he reminds me of lipinski last year in some ways. Not as a player, but in how he looks w ball in hand under pressure.

dadsgirl16
13-08-2019, 08:52 PM
21 moments for me!