PDA

View Full Version : Member ship card/magnet arrived! Also bulldogs gear on sale!

wb_age
19-02-2008, 06:34 PM
Hey guys, juts letting you all know that i received my membership card and fridge magnet in the mail today!
Also i was at DFO essendon today and they have some discounted doggies gear in plenty of sizes, last years blue training singlets $20, grey hoody $50 and this years polo for ???
I know this doesnt directly support the club but it's pretty cheap, especially the singlets.
:D

hujsh
19-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Hey guys, juts letting you all know that i received my membership card and fridge magnet in the mail today!
Also i was at DFO essendon today and they have some discounted doggies gear in plenty of sizes, last years blue training singlets $20, grey hoody $50 and this years polo for ???
I know this doesnt directly support the club but it's pretty cheap, especially the singlets.
:D

Got mine at B&L for $9.

ledge
21-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Well lets see how quick i get my membership, purchased today at the bulldog shop 21/2/08, hope i recieve it in time for the first game after reading all the reports on not recieving them, the lady told me about 2 weeks, will let you know when i get it. Must say what a headache it was getting into the Whitten oval only to find the shop was at the front in portables (after i had entered from the back)

bornadog
21-02-2008, 06:16 PM
two junior tickets received today, but no adult tickets? Strange!

The Coon Dog
21-02-2008, 07:17 PM
My kids also got theirs today. They look like this:

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/5585/scanka8.jpg

hujsh
21-02-2008, 07:49 PM
My kids also got theirs today. They look like this:

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/5585/scanka8.jpg

That looks like a fairly old picture of Johnno

The Coon Dog
21-02-2008, 09:12 PM
That looks like a fairly old picture of Johnno

That's a 2007 pic.

Notice the bit around the shoulders is blue, for the 2 seasons prior they were red. Also last year there was a white border around the Leaseplan logo.

hujsh
21-02-2008, 09:20 PM
That's a 2007 pic.

Notice the bit around the shoulders is blue, for the 2 seasons prior they were red. Also last year there was a white border around the Leaseplan logo.

His head (hair mainly) looks weird. Maybe it's just me.

LostDoggy
21-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Just spoke to a mate who was in contact with the membership department today, and was informed the adult membership tickets would be posted on Sunday 2nd March. He was further advised to ring back if he didn't receive the ticket by the 4th March - that how confident they were.

Also, for anyone attending tomorrow's match, your 2008 membership wouldn't provide free entry to NAB cup games - that was discontinued 2 years ago.

LostDoggy
22-02-2008, 12:10 AM
the lady told me about 2 weeks

Funny, i paid off the last $120 on my membership owing today and she told me 3 weeks.

When i rang the 1300-Go-Dogs number to get my balance, they said by the end of next week.

Misleading much? :confused:

aker39
22-02-2008, 10:09 AM
two junior tickets received today, but no adult tickets? Strange!

The reason the kids tickets have arrived and not the adults, is because the adults tickets are also going to be Debit Cards, so they are taking longer to process.

Read this if you don't know about the debit cards

http://westernbulldogs.com.au/tabid/4112/default.aspx?newsid=55162

bornadog
22-02-2008, 02:50 PM
The reason the kids tickets have arrived and not the adults, is because the adults tickets are also going to be Debit Cards, so they are taking longer to process.

Read this if you don't know about the debit cards

http://westernbulldogs.com.au/tabid/4112/default.aspx?newsid=55162

Adult tickets arrived today.

LostDoggy
22-02-2008, 03:00 PM
I recieved my membership today. Williamstown & Western Bulldogs cards

No Fridge Magnet though :( - i want one dammit!

Its weird it can be used as a debit card ey. Dont think ill use though, it'll just mean more fees. Currently have a debit card with NAB and theres no usage fees cause of my loan.

Anyone else recieve everything except a fridge magnet?

Twodogs
22-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Got mine at B&L for $9.

Where's B&L?

The Coon Dog
22-02-2008, 03:10 PM
Where's B&L?

There's one at Altona Gate & Highpoint too. Best & Less.

BulldogBelle
22-02-2008, 04:41 PM
I recieved my membership today. Williamstown & Western Bulldogs cards

No Fridge Magnet though :( - i want one dammit!

Its weird it can be used as a debit card ey. Dont think ill use though, it'll just mean more fees. Currently have a debit card with NAB and theres no usage fees cause of my loan.

Anyone else recieve everything except a fridge magnet?

Received 2 adult memberships today but did not get the kids memberships.

NO fridge magnet either.

The fees on the debit card seem quite high. Will anyone use it?

aker39
22-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Received 2 adult memberships today but did not get the kids memberships.

NO fridge magnet either.

The fees on the debit card seem quite high. Will anyone use it?

My kids memberships come yesterday and they both had Fridge Magnets.

LostDoggy
22-02-2008, 05:47 PM
The Day is Getting Closer When The Dogs Rise Up in The West

hujsh
22-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Where's B&L?

Werribee plaza has 1

Rocket Science
22-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Arrived today: 2 x adult memberships + 2 x Seagulls season passes...no fridge magnets.

Those debit card fees are a rort though...

If the club wants more dough that badly I'd rather donate it directly as opposed to being solicited for a money spinning scheme on behalf of a shifty third party. I realise we need to be little more creative than most clubs when it comes to revenue raising but this smells as far as I'm concerned.

BulldogBelle
22-02-2008, 11:13 PM
I received mine today also.

The fridge magnets will arrive with the March Edition of the Bulldog Magazine.

GVGjr
23-02-2008, 12:30 AM
Arrived today: 2 x adult memberships + 2 x Seagulls season passes...no fridge magnets.

Those debit card fees are a rort though...

If the club wants more dough that badly I'd rather donate it directly as opposed to being solicited for a money spinning scheme on behalf of a shifty third party. I realise we need to be little more creative than most clubs when it comes to revenue raising but this smells as far as I'm concerned.

Got mine as well and yes why would anyone use the card? Have to agree that it does the club no good supporter wise to have our name on the card.
Great concept but as you say it looks for all purposes like a rort.

bornadog
24-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Got mine as well and yes why would anyone use the card? Have to agree that it does the club no good supporter wise to have our name on the card.
Great concept but as you say it looks for all purposes like a rort.

Its the cost of using it that is a rort, the idea is a good one.

LostDoggy
24-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Id use it if it worked like a visa debit-card (which means u can put ur own money on & it would act like a credit card) - but its just a normal debit card everyone already has!

ledge
25-02-2008, 06:43 PM
Pay cash for everything i say