PDA

View Full Version : Bevo on Ch. 7's The Front Bar last night

Insufficient Intent
27-09-2019, 01:31 PM
https://7plus.com.au/the-front-bar?episode-id=FBAR19-028

Bevo section starts at about 45:50

Covers some of his VERY early football career, the 2016 Grand Final and his thoughts on tomorrow's Granny, including GWS's tactics to get where they are.

(Mods. please move if I've posted this incorrectly)

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
27-09-2019, 03:42 PM
Be afraid Leon Cameron

strebla
27-09-2019, 06:43 PM
Leon would never ever be in a locked room with Bevo I am not easily scared but Bevo scares the crap out of me

Bulldog Revolution
28-09-2019, 09:25 AM
Leon would never ever be in a locked room with Bevo I am not easily scared but Bevo scares the crap out of me

He’s got the perfect coaches blend of sensitive and crazy going on

The Doctor
28-09-2019, 09:47 AM
The unprompted Petruculle reference was the most interesting part.

Doc26
28-09-2019, 10:44 AM
The unprompted Petruculle reference was the most interesting part.

Yes I wondered what that was about. Any ideas?

Mofra
28-09-2019, 11:11 AM
Yes I wondered what that was about. Any ideas?
Months ago there was a rumour we approached WCE with an offer. Bevo might just be taking the piss

GVGjr
28-09-2019, 12:13 PM
Months ago there was a rumour we approached WCE with an offer. Bevo might just be taking the piss

Yep, we apparently sounded them out at the end of his first season there

AshMac
01-10-2019, 06:01 PM
It is going to be ON next year. Can’t wait to see how we respond

Rocket Science
01-10-2019, 06:17 PM
What odds the AFEL schedule this for round one?

They couldn't resist, surely.

I want our chosen 22 to run through the banner with swimming goggles on.

bulldogtragic
01-10-2019, 06:24 PM
It is going to be ON next year. Can’t wait to see how we respond

Well, we've made some support staff changes for our game against GWS. Not sure who these folks are. D. Southern is our runner for next year. If Haynes gets an another murder attempt by way of an attack on his wind pipe, D. Southern knows what to do and when to stop.

Our head trainer is R. Kennedy who will patrol the Toby Greene vacinity, our other support staff trainers include R. Hargrave, B. Hall, S. Wallis, J. Redpath (around the CHB area is best suited I think), S. Kolynuik & W. Minson who is coming across from North.

T. Liberatore is designated with cutting plastic oranges with his fists/elbows near Wayne Campbell. P. Foster & S. Kretiuk are reserve support staff warming the benches.

I don't know how, but if they can smuggle into the field of play foldable seats like the WWE, that would be great. Embrace the past, walk up to any of the dipshits and say 'Welcome to The Kennel'. We know what happens next.

AshMac
02-10-2019, 06:15 PM
Well, we've made some support staff changes for our game against GWS. Not sure who these folks are. D. Southern is our runner for next year. If Haynes gets an another murder attempt by way of an attack on his wind pipe, D. Southern knows what to do and when to stop.

Our head trainer is R. Kennedy who will patrol the Toby Greene vacinity, our other support staff trainers include R. Hargrave, B. Hall, S. Wallis, J. Redpath (around the CHB area is best suited I think), S. Kolynuik & W. Minson who is coming across from North.

T. Liberatore is designated with cutting plastic oranges with his fists/elbows near Wayne Campbell. P. Foster & S. Kretiuk are reserve support staff warming the benches.

I don't know how, but if they can smuggle into the field of play foldable seats like the WWE, that would be great. Embrace the past, walk up to any of the dipshits and say 'Welcome to The Kennel'. We know what happens next.

I hope we play them in Melbourne next year. I’d love to do my bit from the sideline

Twodogs
03-10-2019, 09:25 AM

That's number one Brett Heady!

The Doctor
03-10-2019, 09:35 AM

Bring back the Wog Squad!

Super Macpherson didn't mind settling the dust once someone unsettled it.

bornadog
03-10-2019, 09:45 AM
Bring back the Wog Squad!

Super Macpherson didn't mind settling the dust once someone unsettled it.

Toughest guy I have ever seen is Rick Kennedy, when he stepped over the line on to the ground, he changed.

Off field very nice bloke and have recently been involved in a business group with him and knocked back a few beers talking about the old days.

The Doctor
03-10-2019, 09:50 AM
Toughest guy I have ever seen is Rick Kennedy, when he stepped over the line on to the ground, he changed.

Off field very nice bloke and have recently been involved in a business group with him and knocked back a few beers talking about the old days.

Rick Kennedy was my favourite player in the late 80's

Mofra
03-10-2019, 10:04 AM
I wore no 8 on the back of my jumper as a kid.
Fortunately it started a long line of tough players who wore no 8 after him.

westdog54
03-10-2019, 10:43 AM
I hope we play them in Melbourne next year. I’d love to do my bit from the sideline

We haven't had a home game against GWS since Toby Greene kicked Luke Dahlhaus in the face in 2017.

Axe Man
03-10-2019, 10:58 AM

In the snow in Ballarat would be good, they don't like the cold.

Grantysghost
03-10-2019, 11:05 AM

He had that lump above his quad. Used to freak me out as a child.

bornadog
03-10-2019, 12:00 PM

I wore no 8 on the back of my jumper as a kid.
Fortunately it started a long line of tough players who wore no 8 after him.

He had that lump above his quad. Used to freak me out as a child.

A good read here (https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?2979-Interview-with-Rick-Kennedy) when Coondog interviewed him

Rocket Science
03-10-2019, 01:25 PM
When we were shit, often chronically shit, this bloke made you stand taller as a young supporter in much the same way he made teammates stand taller when opponents tried it on.

https://i.ibb.co/1TJsGXC/SUPER.png (https://ibb.co/5LxYhjQ)

There were always plenty of scores to settle in Super's day which made losses infinitely more bearable.

PS: the guy in the background went alright too.

bornadog
01-04-2021, 01:53 PM
Anyone watch Bevo last night?

Love this quote:

"We probably had a unique brand and snuck up on the competition... and then the Tigers copied it and won 3 out of 4"- Luke Beveridge

comrade
01-04-2021, 02:08 PM

Love this quote:

"We probably had a unique brand and snuck up on the competition... and then the Tigers copied it and won 3 out of 4"- Luke Beveridge

I would say the Tigers perfected it rather than copied it.

Rocket Science
01-04-2021, 02:49 PM

Love this quote:

Well there's Hardwick's pre-game gee up written for him when we face them.

Ozza
01-04-2021, 03:46 PM
Wasn't the all time best Front Bar. Bevo was pretty awkward!

EasternWest
01-04-2021, 04:42 PM
Wasn't the all time best Front Bar. Bevo was pretty awkward!

It would've been nice if they'd actually let him answer a question.

bornadog
01-04-2021, 04:51 PM
It would've been nice if they'd actually let him answer a question.

Mick Molloy interrupts everyone

EasternWest
01-04-2021, 06:16 PM
Mick Molloy interrupts everyone

So does Sam Pang. They need to constantly remind people they're funny.

In fairness, I do actually find Sam Pang pretty funny.

bornadog
01-04-2021, 09:47 PM
So does Sam Pang. They need to constantly remind people they're funny.

In fairness, I do actually find Sam Pang pretty funny.

He is my favourite on that panel

Axe Man
04-06-2021, 12:32 PM
Anyone see Derek Kickett on the Front Bar last night?

Apparently Shane O'Sullivan travelled to Perth and tried to recruit Derek when he was 21 (1983/84) but was fobbed off by his WAFL club and never actually got to interview him. Derek was dirty on his club when he found out after the fact.

Such a shame we didn't get to see him in a bulldogs jumper. Such an entertaining footballer and maybe could have made a difference in 1985. At the very least I probably wouldn't have had to watch him kick 8 against us for the Bombers at the MCG one day.

mjp
04-06-2021, 12:50 PM

Apparently Shane O'Sullivan travelled to Perth and tried to recruit Derek when he was 21 (1983/84) but was fobbed off by his WAFL club and never actually got to interview him. Derek was dirty on his club when he found out after the fact.

Such a shame we didn't get to see him in a bulldogs jumper. Such an entertaining footballer and maybe could have made a difference in 1985. At the very least I probably wouldn't have had to watch him kick 8 against us for the Bombers at the MCG one day.

His best footy was (I think) played pre-AFL and maybe his first couple of AFL seasons...he was a genuine mid when he first started at West Perth (and again at Cl) and really got shunted forward as he got older (and heavier).

Amazing player...reading this I was trying to remember if I actually played against him and even though our timelines kind of cross-over I think he might have been in Melbourne before I started over here...

Axe Man
04-06-2021, 01:01 PM
His best footy was (I think) played pre-AFL and maybe his first couple of AFL seasons...he was a genuine mid when he first started at West Perth (and again at Cl) and really got shunted forward as he got older (and heavier).

Amazing player...reading this I was trying to remember if I actually played against him and even though our timelines kind of cross-over I think he might have been in Melbourne before I started over here...

They mentioned last night that his 1987 season was phenomenal. Finished 16 votes clear in the Sandover but was ineligible for slapping Tim Gepp and copping a 3 week suspension. Would have been at the height of his powers in the mid to late 80s but didn't make his way to North until he was 26 in 1989.

GVGjr
04-06-2021, 01:16 PM

Fantastic player, shame he didn't make the move a bit earlier.

bornadog
04-06-2021, 01:59 PM

Shane signed up alot of WA players back in that period including Purser, Sewell, Shorty Daniels, Williams, to name a few.

On the trip to WA in 1984, he also signed up Bamblett. Bamblett was playing for East Freo ( i think). He was staying in a caravan with his girlfriend. Shane said all the negotiation was done by his girlfriend.

Shame he couldn't get to Derek.

Scraggers
04-06-2021, 05:46 PM
They mentioned last night that his 1987 season was phenomenal. Finished 16 votes clear in the Sandover but was ineligible for slapping Tim Gepp and copping a 3 week suspension. Would have been at the height of his powers in the mid to late 80s but didn't make his way to North until he was 26 in 1989.

To be fair, Gepp deserved it :p

HOSE B ROMERO
04-06-2021, 06:43 PM

Yes i nearly choked on my dinner when he said Footscray. What if indeed.
All the old footage was a reminder just how audacious he was. And those torps!
Very entertaining guest. Used to enjoy him on Marngrook.

jeemak
06-06-2021, 08:30 AM
How are the torps the legend was kicking!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?extid=SEO----&v=488215429077115

bornadog
06-06-2021, 11:40 AM
How are the torps the legend was kicking!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?extid=SEO----&v=488215429077115

He not only kicked some of those from outside 50, they travelled about 20 metres into the crowd

boydogs
09-06-2021, 01:57 AM
Imagine a current player kicking 75m torps on the run, modern defenses would collapse!

jeemak
09-06-2021, 02:08 AM
Imagine a current player kicking 75m torps on the run, modern defenses would collapse!

Our Timmy kicked one to Naughts and the world almost broke because of the ridiculous mark it induced.