PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Fixture

Eastdog
14-10-2019, 12:52 PM
I think it is still a couple of weeks away until it is released but what are we hoping to get out of the fixture for next year. Playing the Tigers and Eagles at the G and Perth while very tough would give us a good challenge particularly if we finish high up and play finals with those 2 likely to be up there.

FrediKanoute
14-10-2019, 09:09 PM
A game in Perth on the weekend on the 17/18/19 July followed by a run of home games in Melbourne until the end of August....that will suit me perfectly!

Eastdog
14-10-2019, 09:11 PM
A game in Perth on the weekend on the 17/18/19 July followed by a run of home games in Melbourne until the end of August....that will suit me perfectly!

Are you coming back down to Australia for a bit from the UK Fredi?

The Adelaide Connection
14-10-2019, 09:15 PM
Adelaide twice. Normally I cringe at the thought of playing them here, but this might be the year to get them!

Actually, Adelaide Round 1 at Marvel might be fun. Has that happened since Brad Johnson’s 300th?

FrediKanoute
14-10-2019, 09:25 PM
Are you coming back down to Australia for a bit from the UK Fredi?

Yes, via Perth :)

Eastdog
14-10-2019, 09:30 PM
Yes, via Perth :)

You must be looking forward to see the Dogs live in action again.

HOSE B ROMERO
15-10-2019, 08:06 PM
home match against the giants in round one would be nice.
on the other hand i would like to play them at ballarat.
dont want to play at geelong.

Eastdog
15-10-2019, 09:18 PM
home match against the giants in round one would be nice.
on the other hand i would like to play them at ballarat.
dont want to play at geelong.

Yeah I hope we don’t play down in Geelong again. Way better to play them at Marvel.

azabob
15-10-2019, 09:29 PM
I think it is still a couple of weeks away until it is released but what are we hoping to get out of the fixture for next year. Playing the Tigers and Eagles at the G and Perth while very tough would give us a good challenge particularly if we finish high up and play finals with those 2 likely to be up there.

Pass on playing the Eagles in Perth. About them we played them and the Giants in Melbourne.

Bumper Bulldogs
16-10-2019, 09:50 PM
I would like a block buster Good Friday again. Could play the saints and have a Bruce kick a bag.

Brandan934
27-10-2019, 08:46 PM
My requests is GWS in Melbourne. Oh and more Friday night games, which will happen anyway since we improved significantly from last season.

Eastdog
28-10-2019, 10:27 PM
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1/article/amp/afl/afl-fixture-2020-fixture-whispers-no-friday-nights-for-carlton-more-thursday-night-games-round-1-fixture-aflaflw-doubleheaders/news-story/d9c9d307f2aca20a9cc6a6cf3351de6f

Eastdog
28-10-2019, 10:30 PM
https://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-10-26/fixture-wishlist-what-will-your-club-want-in-2020

Western Bulldogs

Macrae notches milestone in Ballarat GF rematch

There's not many massive milestones set for the Bulldogs next year, but Jack Macrae looks set to play game 150 in round nine, barring any setbacks. The Dogs generally play a non-Victorian side in Ballarat, so why not make it a 2016 Grand Final rematch against Sydney?

Bruce's round one friends-turned foes foray

Josh Bruce kicking six goals against St Kilda in front of a packed house at Marvel Stadium in round one? There would be no sweeter way to kick off the season for Dogs fans.

Dogs return to Good Friday

Essendon bumped the Western Bulldogs off Good Friday last year to accommodate appropriate rest ahead of Anzac Day, but the calendar is ripe for the Dogs to return to Good Friday in 2020. - Jourdan Canil

The Adelaide Connection
28-10-2019, 10:32 PM
I entirely expected Carlton to go back to a trillion Friday night games after their one year hiatus. The AFL likes to conveniently 'predict' the rise of promising teams (see: traditional powerhouses like Essendon, Carlton etc) while telling actual teams in their window they have to do more to earn the right, with more consistency etc.

If Carlton truly do miss again, I will be pleasantly surprised.

bornadog
28-10-2019, 11:13 PM
I entirely expected Carlton to go back to a trillion Friday night games after their one year hiatus. The AFL likes to conveniently 'predict' the rise of promising teams (see: traditional powerhouses like Essendon, Carlton etc) while telling actual teams in their window they have to do more to earn the right, with more consistency etc.

If Carlton truly do miss again, I will be pleasantly surprised.

No Friday night games for Carlton, so happy days

bornadog
29-10-2019, 04:07 PM
Round 1 v Collingwood - at Marvel

Axe Man
29-10-2019, 04:19 PM
Round 1 v Collingwood - at Marvel

Collingwood and Western Bulldogs to meet in Round 1 of 2020 AFL season (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/collingwood-and-western-bulldogs-to-meet-in-round-1-of-2020-season/news-story/cd14b133e42d2019c3e82ef09db264ca)

Two of the best midfields in the competition will go head to head on the opening Friday night of the AFL season as more details about the 2020 fixture come to light.

Collingwood will launch its 2020 season against the revamped Western Bulldogs in a Round 1 blockbuster.

The clash will pit two of the best midfields in the competition against each other in a Friday night clash at Marvel Stadium.

The contest should draw a near-capacity crowd under the roof, helping crate an electric atmosphere and bumper TV audience for the second game of the AFL season.

The Dogs bolstered their side in the trade period adding key position players Josh Bruce and Alex Keath.

But it will be the contest in the middle of the ground that will see some of the league’s superstar ballwinners go head to head, including Marcus Bontempelli and Scott Pendlebury.

bornadog
29-10-2019, 05:53 PM
Collingwood and Western Bulldogs to meet in Round 1 of 2020 AFL season (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/collingwood-and-western-bulldogs-to-meet-in-round-1-of-2020-season/news-story/cd14b133e42d2019c3e82ef09db264ca)

Two of the best midfields in the competition will go head to head on the opening Friday night of the AFL season as more details about the 2020 fixture come to light.

Collingwood will launch its 2020 season against the revamped Western Bulldogs in a Round 1 blockbuster.

The clash will pit two of the best midfields in the competition against each other in a Friday night clash at Marvel Stadium.

The contest should draw a near-capacity crowd under the roof, helping crate an electric atmosphere and bumper TV audience for the second game of the AFL season.

The Dogs bolstered their side in the trade period adding key position players Josh Bruce and Alex Keath.

But it will be the contest in the middle of the ground that will see some of the league’s superstar ballwinners go head to head, including Marcus Bontempelli and Scott Pendlebury.

I hope it is our home game.

Eastdog
29-10-2019, 06:27 PM
I hope it is our home game.

I would think it is.

bornadog
29-10-2019, 06:28 PM
I would think it is.

Not necessarily

Eastdog
29-10-2019, 06:30 PM
Not necessarily

Yeah there is a small chance it might not be. They do play 2 home games per year at Marvel.

bornadog
29-10-2019, 06:47 PM
ROUND 1, 2020

Thursday, March 19
Richmond v Carlton, MCG – 7.25pm.

Friday, March 20
Western Bulldogs v Collingwood, Marvel Stadium – 7.50pm.

Saturday, March 21
Essendon v Fremantle, Marvel Stadium – 1.45pm.
Adelaide v Sydney, Adelaide Oval – 4.05pm.
GWS v Geelong, GIANTS Stadium – 7.25pm.
Gold Coast Suns v Port Adelaide, Metricon Stadium – 6.25pm.

Sunday, March 22
North Melbourne v St Kilda, Marvel Stadium – 1.10pm.
Hawthorn v Brisbane, MCG – 3.20pm.
West Coast v Melbourne, Optus Stadium – 3.20pm.

Eastdog
29-10-2019, 06:49 PM
Home game BAD!!

S Coast Simon
29-10-2019, 07:21 PM
Hope this is true. What a brilliant way to start the year. Thanks BAD

Eastdog
29-10-2019, 08:18 PM
My mob (Bulldogs) vs my brother’s mob (Magpies) to start the season.

bornadog
29-10-2019, 10:05 PM
Hope this is true. What a brilliant way to start the year. Thanks BAD

Reported today.

LostDoggy
29-10-2019, 11:32 PM
That’s very promising, first Friday game of the season vs Collingwood, big crowd at the game and a massive tv audience.
Target locked. Let’s deliver an the big stage.

Vred
29-10-2019, 11:48 PM
My mob (Bulldogs) vs my brother’s mob (Magpies) to start the season.

It’s also my mob ( dogs) vs missus mob, over my birthday weekend. Gonna be fun.

bulldogtragic
30-10-2019, 12:04 AM
Perform well, play exciting footy and win. Sets us up as real contenders and more membership sales. Just have to perform well, play exciting footy and win.

1eyedog
30-10-2019, 12:13 AM
Hope we pack it out

bornadog
30-10-2019, 09:11 AM
Hope we pack it out

Be nice to beat our best home crowd there in 2009 of 51,382, also v Collingwood

S Coast Simon
30-10-2019, 09:14 AM
Does this mean the Thor jumpers will return. How much did we get out of all that does anyone have any idea

bornadog
30-10-2019, 09:48 AM
Good Friday - we are back v North

anfo27
30-10-2019, 10:02 AM

This could be the best fixture we've ever had. A home game against a powerhouse Vic club on prime time in round 1 is something i've been waiting for for a very long time & now Good Friday! If we could get Good Friday as a home game, now that would be amazing!

Axe Man
30-10-2019, 10:42 AM

Essendon won’t play Good Friday fixture in 2020 as Western Bulldogs return for marquee game (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/essendon-wont-play-good-friday-fixture-in-2020-as-western-bulldogs-return-for-marquee-game/news-story/3dca906bea90709f729f56c2531d4a73)

Essendon has been dumped from Good Friday football.

The Herald Sun can reveal the Bombers have been removed from the 2020 game, with the Western Bulldogs reinstated in their place.

North Melbourne will be handed a fourth consecutive Good Friday encounter when the AFL fixture is unveiled tomorrow.

The Dogs’ return to the marquee slot, which lands on April 10 next year, comes three years after they played the Kangaroos in the inaugural clash in 2017.

The Bulldogs won that riveting game by three points in front of a crowd of 42,814. But they were dumped for St Kilda in 2018 before the Bombers were brought in for 2019.

The North-Saints game drew only 33,966 fans, while the Bombers’ thrashing of the Roos this year was witnessed by 48,278.

Dogs president Peter Gordon lashed his club’s omission from Good Friday as recently as March this year, telling the Herald Sun the decision “defies logic”.

“If you count local derbies as marquee games, there are really only three clubs that don’t have any — North Melbourne, St Kilda and the Bulldogs,” Gordon said.

“Good Friday was a virgin opportunity to create a blockbuster marquee opportunity and it has been completely squandered for no rational reason at all.

“I had some serious words to say to (AFL chief executive) Gillon McLachlan and (fixture boss) Travis Auld when we were first excluded from it, but I don’t think any arguments I can make to the AFL, no matter how rational, are going to be influential in what they choose to do with Good Friday.”

Yet the Bulldogs are back for the game in a season that holds much promise for their supporters after a return to finals in 2019.

The game aims to raise money for the Good Friday Appeal and Royal Children’s Hospital, with the appeal this year raising more than $18 million.

GVGjr
30-10-2019, 10:53 AM
Great result, well done to PG and the club for their efforts

bornadog
30-10-2019, 10:55 AM
Essendon won’t play Good Friday fixture in 2020 as Western Bulldogs return for marquee game (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/essendon-wont-play-good-friday-fixture-in-2020-as-western-bulldogs-return-for-marquee-game/news-story/3dca906bea90709f729f56c2531d4a73)

Fans have got to come out and go to this match, or we will lose it again.

Bulldog4life
30-10-2019, 10:56 AM
A great start to the season playing Pies and then to top it off with the Good Friday game. Great for membership sales if we win that first game.

Rocket Science
30-10-2019, 11:04 AM

Essendon has been dumped from Good Friday football.

The Herald Sun can reveal the Bombers have been removed from the 2020 game, with the Western Bulldogs reinstated in their place.

North Melbourne will be handed a fourth consecutive Good Friday encounter when the AFL fixture is unveiled tomorrow.

The Dogs’ return to the marquee slot, which lands on April 10 next year, comes three years after they played the Kangaroos in the inaugural clash in 2017.

The Bulldogs won that riveting game by three points in front of a crowd of 42,814. But they were dumped for St Kilda in 2018 before the Bombers were brought in for 2019.

The North-Saints game drew only 33,966 fans, while the Bombers’ thrashing of the Roos this year was witnessed by 48,278.

Dogs president Peter Gordon lashed his club’s omission from Good Friday as recently as March this year, telling the Herald Sun the decision “defies logic”.

“If you count local derbies as marquee games, there are really only three clubs that don’t have any — North Melbourne, St Kilda and the Bulldogs,” Gordon said.

“Good Friday was a virgin opportunity to create a blockbuster marquee opportunity and it has been completely squandered for no rational reason at all.

“I had some serious words to say to (AFL chief executive) Gillon McLachlan and (fixture boss) Travis Auld when we were first excluded from it, but I don’t think any arguments I can make to the AFL, no matter how rational, are going to be influential in what they choose to do with Good Friday.”

Yet the Bulldogs are back for the game in a season that holds much promise for their supporters after a return to finals in 2019.

The game aims to raise money for the Good Friday Appeal and Royal Children’s Hospital, with the appeal this year raising more than $18 million.

QUICK! Everyone over to bombreblitz!

I will NEVER tire of that gag.

Things just going magnificently at Windy Hole aren't they?

angelopetraglia
30-10-2019, 11:07 AM
The strong finish to the season has definitely helped us. Great first round fixture and now Good Friday. Awesome news for the club.

hujsh
30-10-2019, 11:36 AM
Fans have got to come out and go to this match, or we will lose it again.

Went last time and lost it. I wouldn't be surprised if the AFL kept rotating this one and let it be Norths little exclusive patch since they invented the concept of playing football on a public holiday (according to them)

ledge
30-10-2019, 11:36 AM
We just might be seen as a future powerhouse club.

Bulldog Joe
30-10-2019, 11:41 AM
We just might be seen as a future powerhouse club.

Actually about time we achieved some sustained success and became a powerhouse club.

5 flags in the next 7 or 8 years with Bont at his peak would be a good start.

strebla
30-10-2019, 11:47 AM
Such good news well done to the club !!! Bring it on

bulldogtragic
30-10-2019, 02:21 PM
21 Goal run vs Essendon
13 Goal run vs GWS
Elim Final
Trade for Bruce
Trade for Keath
Pick 13 for drafting
Talented list kept together
Round 1 on Friday night vs Collingwood (home game)
Good Friday vs North (blockbuster)

If you have the spare cash but refuse to buy a membership, and this last few months cant sway you into signing up, then please admit to yourself that you will never sign up. Outside of the EF result, we've had a great few months as a club and great news with Good Friday back.

comrade
30-10-2019, 03:37 PM
Honestly thought we’d done our Good Friday dash when PG publicly lashed Gil & Co. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

jeemak
30-10-2019, 04:44 PM
Honestly thought we’d done our Good Friday dash when PG publicly lashed Gil & Co. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

It is good to see that we are in a position that allows us to demand dignified treatment and respect. Of course we should always be treated with dignity and respect, but that's not how the AFEL works.

City Hall and the bigger clubs won't like it, but we should be extremely vocal against the inherent injustices within the league's structure.

bornadog
30-10-2019, 04:47 PM
Went last time and lost it. I wouldn't be surprised if the AFL kept rotating this one and let it be Norths little exclusive patch since they invented the concept of playing football on a public holiday (according to them)

North were the first team to push for all friday nights, and since then they hardly ever play on a Friday. Next year they only have Good Friday.

hujsh
30-10-2019, 04:54 PM
North were the first team to push for all friday nights, and since then they hardly ever play on a Friday. Next year they only have Good Friday.

They have no real claim for any extra Friday night games over anyone else because of that though. The inequalities in the fixture should be addressed but not because 'we had the idea first'

Bulldog Joe
30-10-2019, 05:08 PM
They have no real claim for any extra Friday night games over anyone else because of that though. The inequalities in the fixture should be addressed but not because 'we had the idea first'

So why do Collingwood and Essendon have the god given right to ANZAC Day

Axe Man
30-10-2019, 05:32 PM
The Western Bulldogs are set to feature in Friday night football in 2020 (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/the-western-bulldogs-are-set-to-feature-in-friday-night-football-in-2020/news-story/992d6da2d8a04f9c27e6904a83215a4a)

Western Bulldogs will receive more prime-time love in next year’s fixture as a reward for their exhilarating second half of last season.

The Bulldogs will be more prominent on the Friday night stage in 2020 after receiving only one Friday night game this year.

The Dogs have already been guaranteed two Friday night games – in the blockbuster Round 1 clash against Collingwood and also in the Good Friday game against North Melbourne.

But it won’t be the end of the prime-time night games for the Dogs, who stamped themselves as one of the most in-form teams in the competition in the back half of last season.

The Western Bulldogs were the second-highest scoring side in the league from Round 13 last season (average 95.7 points per game) and were a clear No. 1 from Round 18.

The Dogs averaged 111 points per game (from Round 18) well ahead of West Coast in second place with an average 91.7 points per game, according to Champion Data.

That scoring capability strongly appeals to broadcasters as well as the marketing appeal of the Dogs’ superstar midfield brigade.

As well as more Friday night games, the Dogs will also feature regularly on our screens on Saturday night after seven Saturday night games in 2019.

The extra prime time slots will deliver a nice kick to the Dogs’ coffers, helping draw increased crowds and television audiences in 2020.

The Dogs are considered a genuine contender in next year’s premiership race after a busy trade period, adding gun key position players Josh Bruce and Alex Keath.

It means there will be significant intrigue in how the Dogs shape up next season after crashing out of the finals in an elimination final defeat to GWS Giants’ in Sydney.

St Kilda great Leigh Montagna said the Bulldogs deserve more prime time action.

“I certainly think the Western Bulldogs, they’re a team on the rise,” Montagna said on Triple M.

“They’ve now got two more key position players to compliment the midfield, and they’re a good team to watch, the Western Bulldogs.

“They play an exciting style of footy, we know about their talent, they’re a team I’d like to watch play on a Friday night.”

1eyedog
30-10-2019, 06:33 PM
Good on ya Joey

GVGjr
30-10-2019, 08:17 PM
I really hope our supporters get to these Friday night games. It makes a big difference to how the club can negotiate with the AFL going forward

jeemak
31-10-2019, 04:56 AM
The excuse of the Easter Sunday issue is gone again for another year. The reality is we just need to show up in force and want to keep it. However, I'm not saying that's the magic potion it was last time around because the AFEL will do whatever it wants when it comes to fixturing and like any adversarial operational relationship, all we can do is put out best foot forward and point out the weaknesses of the other argument should an argument on merit eventuate.

Round one at home on Friday night against Collingwood is probably the best fixture result we could ever ask for. Literally the best. Look forward to a lot of positive media, but beware that if we fluff it the media will turn on us very quickly.

The pressure is on the club, it's time for us to stand up and suck it up.

GVGjr
31-10-2019, 06:57 AM
Perfectly analyzed Jeemak, we have to show up in force and be counted. This should be a real boost with membership and sponsorships.

hujsh
31-10-2019, 10:20 AM
So why do Collingwood and Essendon have the god given right to ANZAC Day

They don't. They seem to have an AFL given right which I don't agree with

bornadog
31-10-2019, 12:10 PM
D

DATE

OPPONENT

VENUE

HOME/AWAY

LOCAL TIME

Friday, Mar 20 (SEVEN, Friday night)

Collingwood

Marvel Stadium

Home

7:50pm

Saturday, Mar 28 (FOX, Saturday twilight)

Carlton

Marvel Stadium

Away

4:35pm

Friday, Apr 3 (SEVEN, Friday night)

GWS GIANTS

UNSW Canberra Oval

Away

Friday, Apr 10 (SEVEN, Friday Twilight)

North Melbourne

Marvel Stadium

Away

4:20pm

Saturday, Apr 18 (SEVEN, Saturday night)

Brisbane Lions

Marvel Stadium

Home

7:25pm

Saturday, Apr 25 (SEVEN, Saturday night)

Port Adelaide

Adelaide Oval

Away

7:20pm

Saturday, May 2 (FOX, Saturday night)

Hawthorn

Marvel Stadium

Home

Saturday, May 9 (FOX, Saturday early)

Gold Coast SUNS

Mars Stadium

Home

1:45pm

Sunday, May 17 (FOX, Sunday twilight)

Fremantle

Optus Stadium

Away

3:20pm

Sunday, May 24 (FOX, Sunday early)

Melbourne

MCG

Away

1:10pm

Saturday, May 30 (SEVEN, Saturday night)

Carlton

Marvel Stadium

Home

Friday, Jun 5 (SEVEN, Friday night)

Adelaide Crows

Adelaide Oval

Away

7:20pm

Saturday, Jun 13 (SEVEN, Saturday night)

GWS GIANTS

Marvel Stadium

Home

Bye

Friday, Jun 26 (SEVEN, Friday night)

Essendon

Marvel Stadium

Home

Saturday, Jul 4 (SEVEN, Saturday night)

Sydney Swans

SCG

Away

Saturday, Jul 11 (FOX, Saturday night)

Fremantle

Marvel Stadium

Home

Saturday, Jul 18 (SEVEN, Saturday night)

St Kilda

Marvel Stadium

Away

Sunday, Jul 26 (FOX, Sunday early)

Richmond

MCG

Away

1:10pm

Saturday, Aug 1 (FOX, Saturday twilight)

Geelong Cats

GMHBA

Away

4:35pm

Sunday, Aug 9 (SEVEN, Sunday afternoon)

North Melbourne

Marvel Stadium

Home

3:20pm

Saturday, Aug 15 (FOX, Saturday early)

Port Adelaide

Mars Stadium

Home

1:45pm

Saturday, Aug 22 (AFL, FLOATING)

West Coast Eagles

Marvel Stadium

Home

TBC

bornadog
31-10-2019, 12:11 PM
https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/WesternBulldogs/Images/Promotional%20Tiles/HERO_2020AFL-FixtureReveal-Twitter.jpg

divvydan
31-10-2019, 12:11 PM
Full fixture is out. We have 4 Fri night games and Good Friday (2 games on Good Friday). Ballarat home games against GC (RD 8) and Port (Rd 22) and the teams we play twice are; GWS, North, Fremantle, Port and Carlton. 12 night matches, 4 twilight (inc Good Friday) and 5 day games with Rd 23 unknown.

ledge
31-10-2019, 12:16 PM
That is the best fixture we have ever had, awesome!

comrade
31-10-2019, 12:18 PM
No Suns in the first month before they drop their bundle is good.

Only one Perth trip is good, vs Freo even better.

bornadog
31-10-2019, 12:19 PM
New Media person at Club is brilliant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KONlAWnIt50

choconmientay
31-10-2019, 12:25 PM
Last 7 games in Vic are great but only one game at MCG and one game at the stupid GMHBA stadium.

bornadog
31-10-2019, 12:27 PM
Last 7 games in Vic are great but only one game at MCG and one game at the stupid GMHBA stadium.

Two games at the G - Melbourne and Richmond.

Axe Man
31-10-2019, 12:31 PM
Analysis: Bulldogs' 2020 fixture under the microscope (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2019-10-31/2020-vision-prime-time-pups)

2020 Vision: Prime Time Pups

What’s the big news for Western Bulldogs fans in the 2020 AFL Fixture?

Let us break it down for you like a fraction…

Marvel Stadium

12 matches at the venue, including nine home games
Five home games against Victorian teams – Collingwood, Hawthorn, Carlton, Essendon and North Melbourne
Four home games against interstate teams – Brisbane Lions, GWS Giants, Fremantle and West Coast Eagles

Mars Stadium, Ballarat

Two home games – against the Gold Coast Suns (Round 8) and Port Adelaide (Round 22).

MCG

Two away games – against Melbourne (Round 10) and Richmond (Round 19)

On The Road

Five interstate trips – two to Adelaide, one to Perth, Sydney and Canberra
GWS Giants @ Manuka Oval, Round 3
Port Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval, Round 6
Fremantle @ Optus Stadium, Round 9
Adelaide Crows @ Adelaide Oval, Round 12
Sydney Swans @ SCG, Round 16
Plus a trip down the highway to Geelong, in Round 20

Timeslots*

4 Friday night games (one in 2019)
1 Friday twilight game (nil in 2019)
2 Saturday afternoon games (2 in 2019)
2 Saturday twilight games (1 in 2019)
8 Saturday night games (7 in 2019)
2 Sunday afternoon games (9 in 2019)
1 Sunday twilight game (2 in 2019)

Network coverage*

Channel 7 – 12 games
FOX Sports – 9 games
*All matches are also available on the AFL Live Pass, and Channel 7 matches are also broadcast on FOX Sports

Cold, hard facts

The teams we play twice are Carlton, GWS Giants, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide and Fremantle
Only one of those teams (the Giants) played finals in 2019
Four of our first five games are at Marvel Stadium
Five of our first six games are on free-to-air TV
Four of our five interstate games are on free-to-air TV
Our last seven games are in Victoria
We have 12 night games in 2020, the most we’ve had since 2017
We’re back on Good Friday, against North Melbourne in Round 4
For the first time since 2010, we have a Round 1 home game against a Victorian team
Only one Perth home-and-away trip for the first time since 2016
Our first game at the SCG since 2017
No Queensland game for the second time in three years
Our bye is in Round 14, between home games against the GWS Giants and Essendon
*Note – the Round 23 fixture is a floating one, with date, time and broadcaster to be confirmed late in the season

Axe Man
31-10-2019, 12:34 PM
Couldn't really ask for a much better draw. Plenty of exposure, good timeslots, only 1 2019 finals team played twice in GWS, interstate games are well spread and a run of Victorian games leading into finals.

choconmientay
31-10-2019, 12:37 PM
Two games at the G - Melbourne and Richmond.
Yeah. 2 games at the G. Only one in the last 7 games, leading up to the final.

bornadog
31-10-2019, 12:54 PM
Yeah. 2 games at the G. Only one in the last 7 games, leading up to the final.

Yes, sorry misunderstood your post.

1eyedog
31-10-2019, 01:17 PM
Aside from ABCBA Stadium it's a great draw for us.

Eastdog
31-10-2019, 01:57 PM
Very happy we are not playing West Coast in Perth. Good experience to get Richmond Round 19 at the G if we both play finals and potentially meet.

Eastdog
31-10-2019, 01:57 PM
Aside from ABCBA Stadium it's a great draw for us.

Yeah was hoping we would avoid playing down the highway but we are once again.

Eastdog
31-10-2019, 02:01 PM
New Media person at Club is brilliant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KONlAWnIt50

Cool video :)

lemmon
31-10-2019, 02:36 PM
Cool video :)

This is an amazing effort from Port

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2604282506285245

Topdog
31-10-2019, 02:47 PM
That is a fantastic fixture. 13 prime time games!

hujsh
31-10-2019, 03:13 PM
Is there any downside aside from Geelong?

Even the Ballarat games are just about perfect.

Eastdog
31-10-2019, 03:36 PM
Is there any downside aside from Geelong?

Even the Ballarat games are just about perfect.

We played quite well against Geelong down there this season for 3 quarters but we got dominated in the final term. Hopefully we can put it right down there in 2020.

angelopetraglia
31-10-2019, 04:01 PM
Wowee. What an awesome fixture. Did we accidentally get Collingwood's draw?

strebla
31-10-2019, 04:58 PM
Not even going to complain about going down the freeway great draw.

Scraggers
31-10-2019, 05:02 PM
No Suns in the first month before they drop their bundle is good.

Only one Perth trip is good, vs Freo even better.

Not for me its not :(

GVGjr
31-10-2019, 05:53 PM
Well done to the club for securing a great draw, the onus is now on us fans to get out and support it.

Our Prez and his team have worked some magic and should be congratulated.

We've got the Ballarat games right as well. We're in for an amazing year

bornadog
31-10-2019, 05:53 PM
Not for me its not :(

A few trips East coming up.

whythelongface
31-10-2019, 06:47 PM
Well done to the club for securing a great draw, the onus is now on us fans to get out and support it.

Yes agree. This is a fantastic draw. If our form stands up we should make top 4. Ball is well and truly in our court.

I am confident that we will finish top 2.

mjp
31-10-2019, 07:46 PM

Is there a single thing about the draw that the club would change?

Happy Days
31-10-2019, 07:54 PM
Wow great draw. Can't believe they'd give us such easy wins 22 weeks in a row.

comrade
31-10-2019, 08:05 PM

No Geelong trip and probably Adelaide in Ballarat (who will struggle next year) instead of Port who have beaten us down there, but all in all I’d say from an on field and off field POV, the club would be very satisfied. No excuses next year.

Flamethrower
31-10-2019, 08:38 PM
Wow - it is such a junior footy friendly fixture - only 2 games in the early Sunday timeslot, and plenty of Saturday night games to avoid clashes with senior local footy too.

Only disappointments are another trip to Sleepy Hollow, and no game at Metricon (my favorite road trip).

The Bulldogs Bite
31-10-2019, 08:54 PM
Who did we pay off?

Absolute dream draw.

GVGjr
31-10-2019, 08:56 PM

Not really, interstate games are spaced apart nicely and the teams we double up against are pretty good ones for us as well

We should be confident we have a great draw for 2020 and as comrade said "no *!*!*!*!ing excuses"

merantau
31-10-2019, 09:23 PM
This draw is the first break we've had for quite a while. I could not be happier. We are starting in pole position. Now we need the injury demons to turn their attention elsewhere and that will be another roadblock smashed through. I'm feeling really upbeat.

Eastdog
31-10-2019, 09:38 PM

For sure. It is up to us as supporters and members of the club to turn up in big numbers. Looking forward to catching up again with the people who sit around me at the home games.

Mofra
31-10-2019, 10:48 PM
Looks like the AFL has bent over backwards to support the no 1 scoring team from the second half of the year.

The club must be over the moon with that draw.

GVGjr
31-10-2019, 11:19 PM
Looks like the AFL has bent over backwards to support the no 1 scoring team from the second half of the year.

The club must be over the moon with that draw.

I think the club should be well chuffed with what they have been able to achieve. We are now well placed to attract more members and with many premium timeslots this should inspire our sponsors.

It's over to Bevo, the coaches and the footy department now to get this team prepared for a big season.

bornadog
01-11-2019, 12:15 AM
7 Saturday night games - Saturday nights are not big drawing games. Not sure what the TV ratings are like

FrediKanoute
01-11-2019, 12:42 AM
Have circled in The TIgers at the G Rd19; North at Marvel Rd21 and Doges v WCE in Rd 23.....may go to the Mars Stadium game as well (though that may be stretching the wife and kids a little).

S Coast Simon
01-11-2019, 06:55 AM
Will have to play devils advocate. Funny thing about the draw is that it is great for this years competition. Unfortunately we know teams go up rapidly and teams go down rapidly. Looks good who we play twice at the moment but which teams improve and which teams struggle is going to be interesting to watch.

congratulations to the office staff they have fought well for a great draw. And well done to Bevo and the boys as they played great footy, that has perked the attention of the broadcasters and they want to see more of it. Well done Western Bulldogs

bornadog
01-11-2019, 10:01 AM
Have circled in The TIgers at the G Rd19; North at Marvel Rd21 and Doges v WCE in Rd 23.....may go to the Mars Stadium game as well (though that may be stretching the wife and kids a little).

Drop the kids off at Sovereign Hill - they will love it. :)

Eastdog
02-11-2019, 10:11 PM
https://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2019-11-02/five-mustwatch-games-in-2020

Five must-watch games in 2020
Nov 2, 2019 1:54PM

Okay, we know every Western Bulldogs game is a must-watch game.
But if there are five you should pay extra-close attention to ahead of what looms as a big 2020 campaign…

Round 1 vs Collingwood

Friday 20 March
7.50pm AEDT
Marvel Stadium

Round 1. Prime Time.
Does the start of the season get any better than that?
Maybe. It’s a home game. There will be a huge crowd. And we’re playing Collingwood.
The season starts with a bang.

Round 3 vs GWS Giants

Friday 3 April
7.50pm AEDT
Manuka Oval, Canberra

The gloves are off.
There’s no love lost between the boys in red, white and blue and the new kids on the block.
A rivalry is building between the teams from the western suburbs of Melbourne and Sydney.
The Bulldogs ended the Giants’ finals campaign in 2016. The Giants returned the favour in 2019.
This will be one that both sides’ players have highlighted in the diary.

Round 4 vs North Melbourne

Friday 10 April
4.20pm AEST
Marvel Stadium

After two years on the outer, we’re back.
Good Friday Football.
What an occasion to be part of, and an opportunity to raise much-needed funds for the Good Friday Appeal and Royal Children’s Hospital.
Plus, recent games against the Kangaroos have been hard to split, with four of the last five decided by single-figure margins.

Round 15 vs Essendon

Friday 26 June
7.50pm AEST
Marvel Stadium

We know how much our supporters love a win against Essendon.
Regardless of when and where, clashes between the Bulldogs and Bombers are always big.
But prime time, Friday night lights?
Even bigger.
And there’s bound to be even more in it, after the Bulldogs’ big, big win in 2019.

Round 19 vs Richmond

Sunday 26 July
1.10pm AEST
MCG

The reigning premiers on their home turf.
We have three day games in Melbourne in 2019, and this shapes as a potentially crucial one.
It’s one of our two outings at the MCG. It’s a month out from finals – and here’s hoping we’re in that picture at this time of year.
And it’s Richmond.
We’ve won five of our last six against them – with the loss by just three points.

Eastdog
02-11-2019, 10:18 PM
That is a fantastic fixture. 13 prime time games!

Commercially fantastic and really good to be playing a lot on Saturday as well. Ameet mentioned we like the Saturday night games at Marvel. Really we can’t complain.

Twodogs
04-11-2019, 12:27 PM
Not really, interstate games are spaced apart nicely and the teams we double up against are pretty good ones for us as well

We should be confident we have a great draw for 2020 and as comrade said "no *!*!*!*!ing excuses"

Damn *!*!*!*!ing straight there are no more excuses.

Go dogs!

SonofScray
04-11-2019, 03:14 PM
It's a much more attractive draw commercially than what we usually expect. Opportunities abound.

I hate that the fixture is a talking point, good v bad draw etc outside of the actual time slots. It's a foundation of what we all crack it about once the season proper starts.

strebla
04-11-2019, 04:36 PM
Well he good news for me is I worked my roster out and I will be there round one so I'm happy after making only 5 games last year it's a great way to start

bornadog
04-11-2019, 05:06 PM
It's a much more attractive draw commercially than what we usually expect. Opportunities abound.

I hate that the fixture is a talking point, good v bad draw etc outside of the actual time slots. It's a foundation of what we all crack it about once the season proper starts.

I agree, until the fixtures can be a proper draw and not made up by those buffoons in headquarters, I don't give a stuff as to me every game is hard.

Prince Imperial
08-12-2019, 01:19 AM
I was just looking at the 2020 fixture and I noticed that we have a home match against Hawthorn on 2 May. This will be the 50th anniversary of EJ's last game (which was at the Whitten Oval against the Hawks) and that speech of his which the club still uses before matches.

I very much doubt this is a coincidence and I suspect this will be commemorated and promoted. It seems to be a a good fixture request by the club and that congrats are in order to the AFL for accommodating it. Of course the other possibility is that I might have been the first to notice it...

Bulldog4life
10-12-2019, 01:21 PM
I was just looking at the 2020 fixture and I noticed that we have a home match against Hawthorn on 2 May. This will be the 50th anniversary of EJ's last game (which was at the Whitten Oval against the Hawks) and that speech of his which the club still uses before matches.

I very much doubt this is a coincidence and I suspect this will be commemorated and promoted. It seems to be a a good fixture request by the club and that congrats are in order to the AFL for accommodating it. Of course the other possibility is that I might have been the first to notice it...

And we won by 3 points.:)

bornadog
13-12-2019, 03:02 PM
2020 AFL member replacement games revealed (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/548350/2020-afl-member-replacement-games-revealed)

Western Bulldogs members will again receive access to two big replacement games for the 2020 AFL season.

The replacement games will be two big-drawing games in 2020.

Good Friday’s Round 4 clash with North Melbourne will be the first of these, at Marvel Stadium on Friday 10 April at 4.20pm.

The second will be in Round 19 against reigning premiers, Richmond, at the MCG on Sunday 26 July at 1.10pm.

A new initiative being introduced for 2020 by the Club will allow reserved seat and Coterie members to gain access* to reserved seating for these replacement games. Reserved seating will be located on level one, alongside the Bulldogs’ Cheer Squad at both Marvel Stadium and the MCG matches.

Further details will be sent out to eligible members in early 2020 outlining this new process, including how to redeem their reserved seat.

With two home games at Mars Stadium in Ballarat – against Gold Coast Suns in round eight and Port Adelaide in round 22 – access members unable to utilise their membership for these games will be entitled to access two away games as replacements.

*Seating will be subject to availability

Eastdog
13-12-2019, 03:41 PM
I like the sound of that new initiative.

strebla
13-12-2019, 04:30 PM
Great initiative but why don't we get access to seating at mars ?? I don't mind standing but some do

bornadog
13-12-2019, 06:23 PM
Great initiative but why don't we get access to seating at mars ?? I don't mind standing but some do

I bought the two game package with seating at Mars.

Eastdog
13-12-2019, 08:24 PM
I’m a Level 1 Silver reserve seat holder so should benefit at both these games at Marvel and the G next year.

bornadog
25-05-2020, 02:07 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EY1OyrWVAAAW8rU?format=jpg&name=medium

bornadog
25-05-2020, 02:08 PM
Hooray, GWS at Marvel

Axe Man
25-05-2020, 02:11 PM
Hooray, GWS at Marvel

A 5 day break first up probably isn't ideal, although it's the same for both teams.

We manage to play on every day Thursday - Sunday in rounds 2-5 and all at night.

The Bulldogs Bite
25-05-2020, 02:14 PM
Geelong will probably finish top 2 again given their bs GMHBA advantage.

Nice to play GWS at Marvel for a change

bornadog
25-05-2020, 02:15 PM
A 5 day break first up probably isn't ideal, although it's the same for both teams.

We manage to play on every day Thursday - Sunday in rounds 2-5 and all at night.

I hope they are consistent with teams not having an advantage with a longer break

Mitcha
25-05-2020, 03:57 PM
Would have been nicer if we could get in there to see it, need to serve them up a decent dose of pure unadulterated fury. Cocky, privileged bastards. I'm looking at you Toby you little scumbag.

GVGjr
25-05-2020, 04:10 PM
Would have been nicer if we could get in there to see it, need to serve them up a decent dose of pure unadulterated fury. Cocky, privileged bastards. I'm looking at you Toby you little scumbag.

We owe them and it will be great if we can get a solid win and of course curtail Greene's input. He's a smug so and so

Eastdog
25-05-2020, 04:20 PM

I hope we can get them Mitcha. We are due for a win against them after that bad final loss.

Eastdog
25-05-2020, 04:21 PM
Geelong will probably finish top 2 again given their bs GMHBA advantage.

Nice to play GWS at Marvel for a change

Yep they have a big advantage playing mostly there.

bornadog
24-06-2020, 08:31 PM
Round 6 we play Essendon

Axe Man
24-06-2020, 10:27 PM
We avoid the WA hub for now with Cats and Pies heading over there for 3 weeks from round 7.

bornadog
24-06-2020, 10:30 PM
Round 6

Essendon v Western Bulldogs
Saturday 11 July, 7.40pm AEST
Marvel Stadium

Hotdog60
24-06-2020, 11:13 PM
Can we play in a hazmat suit?

Grantysghost
24-06-2020, 11:45 PM
Can we play in a hazmat suit?

Swap the trainer’s magic spray for Glen 20.

bornadog
24-06-2020, 11:54 PM
Swap the trainer’s magic spray for Glen 20.

It's ok, we have a solution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxDKW75ueIU

The Adelaide Connection
25-06-2020, 12:55 PM
*Conspiracy theory warning*

Was anyone else surprised that Collingwood and Geelong were the two clubs nominated to head out West?

The cynic in me can’t help but theorise that they must be on a good wicket if it wasn’t left to the North Melbourne’s of the world to do the heavy lifting.

Q: If they allow crowds, does that mean these clubs will potentially earn from gate takings for “home” games?

Q: Is there an element of “get the hell out of dodge” by agreeing to move their players to the Corona-free promised land? There are theories that the virus might have long term impacts on the lungs, which (even if minor) might impact players for the rest of their careers.

-Side note- With Victoria spiking, surely there has to be a plan to move all Victorian clubs to hubs around the country (WA, SA, NT). This will allow them to cross borders and play all teams (and play in front of Crowds!).

Axe Man
25-06-2020, 01:48 PM
I don't think there is anything to what you are suggesting.

The AFL have said the Cats and Pies are simply the first 2 of up to 6 Victorian teams that will likely rotate through the WA hub. Fair chance we will be heading over there at some stage as well. I imagine Geelong and Collingwood simply were the best fit fixture-wise. It must be an absolute nightmare trying to put the draw together at the moment.

I also think you are overstating the risk of Covid contraction in Victoria. Is the community transmission rate in Victoria high relative to the rest of the country - yes. Is it high by world standards - not at all. The majority of people (including AFL players) have a very low chance of contracting the virus if they are doing the right thing.

bornadog
25-06-2020, 02:29 PM
Round 7

Thursday July 16
Hawthorn v Essendon at the MCG (7:40pm AEST))

Friday July 17
Geelong v Collingwood at Optus Stadium (8:10pm AEST)

Saturday July 18
Sydney v Brisbane at SCG (1:45pm AEST)
Melbourne v Western Bulldogs at the MCG (4:35pm AEST)
Gold Coast v Carlton at Metricon Stadium (7:40pm AEST)
North Melbourne v Adelaide at Marvel Stadium (7:40pm AEST)

Sunday July 19
St Kilda v Port Adelaide at Marvel Stadium (1:05pm AEST)
Richmond v GWS Giants at MCG (3:35pm AEST)
Fremantle v West Coast at Optus Stadium (8:35pm AEST)

The Adelaide Connection
30-06-2020, 12:18 AM
I don't think there is anything to what you are suggesting.

The AFL have said the Cats and Pies are simply the first 2 of up to 6 Victorian teams that will likely rotate through the WA hub. Fair chance we will be heading over there at some stage as well. I imagine Geelong and Collingwood simply were the best fit fixture-wise. It must be an absolute nightmare trying to put the draw together at the moment.

I also think you are overstating the risk of Covid contraction in Victoria. Is the community transmission rate in Victoria high relative to the rest of the country - yes. Is it high by world standards - not at all. The majority of people (including AFL players) have a very low chance of contracting the virus if they are doing the right thing.

Is it time to start petitioning for the Dogs to be one of the SA based teams?

bornadog
30-06-2020, 12:23 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbpK9XtVcAAXj3D?format=jpg&name=large

Axe Man
30-06-2020, 10:28 AM

Things are certainly moving quickly, the landscape changes everyday.

I think it would be preferable to be somewhere neutral like Darwin but it's not like we are going to get a choice and it's sounding likely the Victorian teams will end up in several locations.

Bumper Bulldogs
30-06-2020, 11:08 AM

I would think that we might find out by the end of round 5 that the AFL will move all Victorian clubs out of Victoria before the boarders are closed. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if the Dogs fly out on Sunday afternoon. Location TBA but Darwin currently first choice.

bornadog
30-06-2020, 11:23 AM
I would think that we might find out by the end of round 5 that the AFL will move all Victorian clubs out of Victoria before the boarders are closed. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if the Dogs fly out on Sunday afternoon. Location TBA but Darwin currently first choice.

I would not like to be in Darwin. The weather is too hot. SA would be the go, or even Tassie.

Axe Man
30-06-2020, 12:49 PM
I would not like to be in Darwin. The weather is too hot. SA would be the go, or even Tassie.

Darwin this time of the year is beautiful weather wise. I would imagine they would play twilight or night matches away from the hottest part of the day.

I couldn't think of a worse place than Tassie to be in the middle of winter.

comrade
30-06-2020, 01:19 PM
Darwin this time of the year is beautiful weather wise. I would imagine they would play twilight or night matches away from the hottest part of the day.

Ballarat says hi!

Though we've barely had a COVID case in 3 months, so maybe the Vic teams should just come here, close the borders into town and play at Mars?

Scraggers
30-06-2020, 01:53 PM
Happy for the Bulldogs to come over here to WA ... But I'm just being selfish :)

bornadog
30-06-2020, 03:19 PM

Did you go to any of the Darwin matches in the early 2000s? I went to two matches and the humidty was shocking. The players on the bench had ice packs around their necks as well as a cool room.

Footy is a winter sport.

1eyedog
30-06-2020, 04:10 PM
Did you go to any of the Darwin matches in the early 20s? I went to two matches and the humidty was shocking. The players on the bench had ice packs around their necks as well as a cool room.

Footy is a winter sport.

Yep its extremely unlikely that players will get through a season rife with 5 day breaks in Darwin. It's basically a hothouse even in the evening. I also went to a game 10 years or so ago and the ball is also like a cake of soap some nights.

Axe Man
30-06-2020, 05:03 PM
Did you go to any of the Darwin matches in the early 20s? I went to two matches and the humidty was shocking. The players on the bench had ice packs around their necks as well as a cool room.

Footy is a winter sport.

Yep - I went in 2008 and the humidity was far from shocking being dry season. How would you describe the humidity in wet season?

It would certainly have it's challenges but I don't think 2 or 3 games there would kill anyone. They have managed a local competition successfully for quite a while now and a good portion of the players are from Victoria in case you want to use some sort of acclimatisation argument.

hujsh
30-06-2020, 05:35 PM

Footy is a winter sport.

Should this be 2000s?

bornadog
30-06-2020, 05:35 PM
Should this be 2000s?
yes, sorry my error

WBFC4FFC
30-06-2020, 06:15 PM
Ballarat says hi!

Though we've barely had a COVID case in 3 months, so maybe the Vic teams should just come here, close the borders into town and play at Mars?

More pressing, where is the team going to train, given West Footscray has been roped into the lock-down? Maybe the team gets an exemption, as the ground borders Footscray, which is in the clear.

bornadog
30-06-2020, 06:17 PM
More pressing, where is the team going to train, given West Footscray has been roped into the lock-down? Maybe the team gets an exemption, as the ground borders Footscray, which is in the clear.

You can leave your suburb for four reasons, one is to go to your work place if you can't work from home.

hujsh
01-07-2020, 09:41 AM
yes, sorry my error

Just checking you're not the most internet savvy 100 year old going around

bornadog
03-07-2020, 02:54 PM
ROUND SIX

Thursday, July 9
Geelong v Brisbane, SCG, 7.40pm AEST

Friday, Jul 10
Collingwood v Hawthorn, Giants Stadium, 7.50pm AEST

Saturday, July 11
Fremantle v St Kilda, Metricon Stadium, 12.35pm AEST
West Coast v Adelaide, Gabba, 3.05pm AEST
Melbourne v Gold Coast, Giants Stadium, 6.05pm AEST
Essendon v North Melbourne, Metricon Stadium, 7.40pm AEST

Sunday, July 12
Port Adelaide v GWS, Metricon Stadium, 1.05pm AEST
Richmond v Sydney, Gabba, 3.35pm AEST
Carlton v Western Bulldogs, Metricon Stadium, 6.45pm AEST

ROUND SEVEN

Thursday, July 16
Geelong v Collingwood, Optus Stadium. 6.10pm AWST, 8.10 AEST

Friday, July 17
Essendon v Western Bulldogs, Metricon Stadium, 7.50pm AEST

Saturday, July 18
GWS v Brisbane, Giants Stadium, 1.45pm AEST
Sydney v Gold Coast, SCG, 4.35pm AEST
Richmond v North Melbourne, Metricon Stadium, 7.40pm AEST

Sunday, July 19
Carlton v Port Adelaide, Gabba, 1.05pm AEST
Hawthorn v Melbourne, Giants Stadium, 3.35pm AEST
Fremantle v West Coast, Optus Stadium, 4.35pm AWST, 6.35pm AEST

Monday, July 20
Adelaide v St Kilda, Adelaide Oval, 7.10pm ACST, 7.40pm AEST

comrade
03-07-2020, 02:56 PM
Looks like Geelong will struggle to play any further games at their narrow **** hole in 2020.

What a shame :)

josie
03-07-2020, 06:08 PM
Ruined a pair of leather gloves and a pair of binoculars at the windy, horrible venue. Will be fascinating to see how they go without home ground advantage incl. umps pleasing their vocal supporters.

Remi Moses
03-07-2020, 06:13 PM
Oh god that joint

kruder
03-07-2020, 06:26 PM
Get ready for slip n slide at Metricon... Might be not the worst time to have Naughty out.

Eastdog
03-07-2020, 08:40 PM
Ruined a pair of leather gloves and a pair of binoculars at the windy, horrible venue. Will be fascinating to see how they go without home ground advantage incl. umps pleasing their vocal supporters.

Not a good record for us at that ground.

Eastdog
03-07-2020, 08:42 PM
Looks like Geelong will struggle to play any further games at their narrow **** hole in 2020.

What a shame :)

They are not as good when they are away from there.

bornadog
21-07-2020, 09:41 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdcZLyrUwAMov-c?format=jpg&name=large

bornadog
21-07-2020, 09:42 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdcZLynUYAApq2h?format=jpg&name=large

bornadog
21-07-2020, 09:43 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdcZLypVAAApPJw?format=jpg&name=large

bornadog
21-07-2020, 09:43 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdcZLzGUMAA_rEn?format=jpg&name=large

The Adelaide Connection
22-07-2020, 01:52 AM
We have been handed an advantage over each team in terms of days break in the preceding week. This is how it looks in the week before:

R8 Gold Coast- 6-day break for us, 5-day break for them
R9 Richmond- 6-day break for us, 5 for them
R10 Port- 5-day break for us, 4 for them
R11 Lions- 5-day break for us, 4 for them
R12 Adelaide 8-day break for us, 5 for them

Critically, we also seem to hold an advantage on each team when you wind back a bit further. Brisbane and Adelaide, in particular, should be pretty cooked when we get them.
Brisbane will be coming off of 5, and then two consecutive 4 day breaks v our 6, and two consecutive 5's.
Adelaide will be coming off two consecutive 4's, then a 5 day break v our two consecutive 5's and an 8 day break.

Breaks from one round to the next (from round 5):

WB-
Round 5-6: 8
Round 6-7: 5
Round 7-8 6
Round 8-9: 6
Round 9-10: 5
Round 10-11: 5
Round 11-12: 8

GC-
Round 5-6: 7
Round 6-7: 7
Round 7-8: 5

Richmond-
Round 5-6: 7
Round 6-7: 6
Round 7-8: 6
Round 8-9: 5

Port-
Round 5-6: 8
Round 6-7: 7
Round 9-10:4

Brisbane-
Round 5-6: 5
Round 6-7: 8
Round 7-8: 8
Round 9-10: 4
Round 10-11: 4

Adelaide-
Round 5-6: 6
Round 6-7: 9
Round 8-9: 6
Round 9-10: 4
Round 10-11: 4
Round 11-12: 5

bulldogsthru&thru
22-07-2020, 10:11 AM
Wow that differential with Adelaide is a huge legup. No excuses there

bornadog
06-08-2020, 04:02 PM
Round 13

Friday, August 21
Gold Coast v Carlton, TIO Stadium, 7.20pm ACST

Saturday, August 22
Western Bulldogs v Melbourne, Metricon Stadium, 1.45pm AEST
Port Adelaide v Hawthorn, Adelaide Oval, 4.05pm ACST
Essendon v Richmond, TIO Stadium, 7.10pm ACST
Fremantle v Sydney, Optus Stadium, 6.10pm AWST

Sunday, August 23
Adelaide v Geelong, Adelaide Oval, 12.35pm ACST
Brisbane v St Kilda, Gabba, 3.35pm AEST
West Coast v Greater Western Sydney, Optus Stadium, 4.10pm AWST

Monday, August 24
Collingwood v North Melbourne, Gabba, 7.10pm AEST

azabob
06-08-2020, 04:53 PM
Wonder when our bye will occur? I assumed it would be after the Crows game.

I now have a bad feeling we will need to travel to Perth and our bye will be during quarantine.

Happy Days
06-08-2020, 04:56 PM
Wonder when our bye will occur? I assumed it would be after the Crows game.

I know have a bad feeling we will need to travel to Perth and our bye will be during quarantine.

Wait so we play three games in eleven days then its just back to normal? While West Coast get a week in the middle of FRENZY off and get I’m pretty sure a million straight games at home? How is any of this fair?

Bulldog Joe
06-08-2020, 05:08 PM
Wait so we play three games in eleven days then its just back to normal? While West Coast get a week in the middle of FRENZY off and get I’m pretty sure a million straight games at home? How is any of this fair?

When was anything ever fair?

If you are looking for perfection you can only ever be disappointed and not enjoy Happy Days.

bornadog
14-08-2020, 04:03 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EfWxTmSUYAEe0Cr?format=jpg&name=medium

bornadog
14-08-2020, 04:07 PM
Round 18 with Fremantle, but details not published

Axe Man
14-08-2020, 04:13 PM
West Coast (and I assume Freo) in Queensland is a win. Hopefully the Eagles hate it up there as much as they did the first time around.

josie
14-08-2020, 05:38 PM
What’s chance of playing Freo at Metricon? Amazing if no trip to WA. C’mon dogs-let’s stick it right up ‘em. Time to turn the ship around.

Eastdog
14-08-2020, 09:22 PM
What’s chance of playing Freo at Metricon? Amazing if no trip to WA. C’mon dogs-let’s stick it right up ‘em. Time to turn the ship around.

Will see what the details are for that game but would be pretty good to not travel there at all this season as the Optus Stadium record for us so far not the best. Happy we play the Eagles at Metricon. More chance of winning at least.

Sedat
14-08-2020, 11:41 PM
Freo are in the Cairns hub so I reckon we'll play them up at Cazaly

Mofra
14-08-2020, 11:54 PM
TBH I see West Coast as the team whose list and style match up best against us so I'm not confident anywhere we play them.

AshMac
15-08-2020, 08:06 AM

Would be great to play at Metricon. We’ll have a had a pretty good run on the travel if we don’t need to - all things considering of course.

Rocket Science
15-08-2020, 10:49 AM
Bravo to anyone with the plums to chalk up anything other than the bye as non-losses.

Tomorrow's game could credibly be the final time we get to feel good about footy this season.

Nothing like the self-satisfied swagger of knocking over the last-placed team.

DOG GOD
15-08-2020, 03:07 PM
TBH I see West Coast as the team whose list and style match up best against us so I'm not confident anywhere we play them.

Same, Kennedy and darling can destroy us in one quarter, and if we bomb into our fwd 50, like we tend to do, McGovern and Barass will be laughing. This is the team I do not want to play.

bornadog
08-09-2020, 05:05 PM
https://resources.westernbulldogs.com.au/photo-resources/2020/09/08/a119a7a6-bbcc-41c6-b224-3afbc257033b/Revised2020AFLFixture-R18-1920x1080Games-ART.jpg?width=500

bornadog
08-09-2020, 05:15 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EhXsi4HUwAAjkQT?format=jpg&name=large

Axe Man
08-09-2020, 05:20 PM
We could be waiting on the result of the Monday game to see if we make finals.:eek:

comrade
08-09-2020, 05:21 PM
We could be waiting on the result of the Monday game to see if we make finals.:eek:

Flashbacks to 2005.

DOG GOD
08-09-2020, 06:03 PM
Geez I’m not too happy having to play Hawks in Adelaide and then Freo at Cazaly.

Axe Man
08-09-2020, 06:15 PM
Geez I’m not too happy having to play Hawks in Adelaide and then Freo at Cazaly.

7 day breaks and a week (or 6 months) off after round 18 - I don't think we have too much to complain about.

Scraggers
08-09-2020, 07:34 PM
So including this round, this is the fixture including the days' breaks for each team from 6th to 10th.

Round 16
St Kilda (9 days) v Hawthorn (5 days)
Collingwood v Bye
GWS (5 days) v Adelaide (7 days)
Western Bulldogs (9 days) v West Coast Eagles (5 days)
Melbourne (4 days) v Fremantle (5 days)

Round 17
St Kilda (4 days) v West Coast Eagles (4 days)
Collingwood (14 days) v Gold Coast Suns (5 days)
GWS (4 days) v Melbourne (4 days)
Western Bulldogs (7 days) v Hawthorn (7 days)
Melbourne (5 days) v GWS (5 days)

Round 18
St Kilda (8 days) v GWS (6 days)
Collingwood (7 days) v Port Adelaide (9 days)
GWS (6 days) v St Kilda (8 days)
Western Bulldogs (7 days) v Fremantle (8 days)
Melbourne (7 days) v Essendon (7 days)

Axe Man
10-09-2020, 04:00 PM
The AFL is set to grant the Western Bulldogs a rare travel request and send them to Cairns a day early for their season-defining battle against Fremantle in Round 18.

The Bulldogs need to knock over Hawthorn (Adelaide Oval) and Fremantle (Cazaly’s Stadium) to scrape into an elimination final and have managed to avoid a same-day travel itinerary for both matches.

They will share a chartered flight to Adelaide with Essendon on Saturday morning before Sunday’s clash against the Hawks.

But it was Round 18 that loomed as problematic for coach Luke Beveridge because the Dogs are travelling to Cairns by themselves.

The Dockers have been based in Cairns since last Thursday and upset Melbourne at Cazaly’s Stadium on Monday night.

The Demons were furious at being forced to travel to Cairns on game day in Round 15, when they touched down just hours before the first bounce against Sydney.

The Swans had spent several days at the Cairns hub and had trained at the windy ground.

“We would’ve loved to have been up here before the day of the game to get a feel for the conditions,” Melbourne coach Simon Goodwin said on Sunday.

“It is different. It’s windy every day – so we need to plan for that and be ready for that.”

The Bulldogs wouldn’t confirm their itinerary when contacted on Wednesday.

But it’s believed that league officials have already given them the green light to fly north from Gold Coast next Saturday.

The Dogs are 4-0 at Cazaly’s Stadium – all against Gold Coast – and boast an average winning margin of 38 points at that ground.

The conditions shouldn’t be too foreign for the Bulldogs given 14 players from the club’s last game in the regional town remain on the list.

Link (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/afl-set-to-lock-in-grand-final-time-as-round-18-floating-fixture-begins-to-take-shape/news-story/3a914223c5bb33d6a65b40b0248cb230)

Rocket Science
10-09-2020, 05:10 PM
On the topic of turnarounds between games this season ...

https://i.ibb.co/0JncZwV/Screen-Shot-2020-09-10-at-4-06-40-pm.png (https://ibb.co/NYFsp4n)

Bulldog Joe
10-09-2020, 05:15 PM
I am happy we are playing Freo in Cairns.

We are unbeaten at that ground.

Jack Macrae goes pretty well up there as well.

bornadog
10-09-2020, 05:43 PM
I am happy we are playing Freo in Cairns.

We are unbeaten at that ground.

Jack Macrae goes pretty well up there as well.

Jack loves suburban grounds. He has also registered 40 plus in Ballarat.