PDA

View Full Version : Footscray/Western Bulldogs: Marry, F***, Kill

bulldogtragic
29-03-2020, 04:22 PM
MFK, Footscray/Western Bulldogs Men's Edition:

Marry - Player you wished to stay with the club forever, but left us to a trade or early retirement
F**k - The player that made you love going to footy
Kill - A player that should've retired earlier, or given an extra season too many and it wasn't good for the club or their legacy

Eg.

Marry - Tom Boyd (early retirement)
F**k - Doug Hawkins (in the peak of his career)
Kill - Akermanis (his last year in 2010, or half year after being sacked)

Twodogs
29-03-2020, 04:30 PM
Marry - Kelvin Templeton

F##k Les Bamblett

Kill - Doug Hawkins. Seeing him wasting his time running around in a Fitzroy jumper shat on his legacy as a bulldog great. I've read articles where he said that if he had his time again he would have stayed one club player and that he feels that his time at Fitzroy diminished some of the achievements he made with Footscray. Reluctantly I agree.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
29-03-2020, 04:37 PM
I'd become a Mormon, and marry Templeton, Granty and Bont!
F - Steve Macpherson

Kill - Nathan Brown. If The Hawk tarnished his legacy by finishing his career at Fitzroy then Brown smeared his legacy with a big pile of excrement.

Twodogs
29-03-2020, 05:13 PM
I'd become a Mormon, and marry Templeton, Granty and Bont!
F - Steve Macpherson

Kill - Nathan Brown. If The Hawk tarnished his legacy by finishing his career at Fitzroy then Brown smeared his legacy with a big pile of excrement.

Yeah one was Doug Hawkins, local hero, Braybrook boy, long time darling of the terraces who people idolized and held in high regard.

The other one was called Nathan Brown. Nathan Brown said that he openly barracked against us during our window of 2008-2010 because he said that he would have been upset seeing his ex teammates getting a cup while he missed out. I always had a bit of time for Nathan Brown-even when he left he made sure we got good compensation and he was a Bendigo boy like my dad. But when I heard him say that I dedcided that he was welcome to go and *!*!*!*! himself with the biggest stick he could fit up there.

He's an ex Richmond player. And I despise Richmond players.

GVGjr
29-03-2020, 06:24 PM
M - Bernie Quinlan = He played his best football elsewhere and shouldn't have
F - Brad Hardie = 1985 was a special year and Hardie was a big reason why. In reality I could name 10 players
K - Robert Klomp = I doubt he was ever that good. He should have retired before we traded for him

Twodogs
29-03-2020, 06:29 PM
M - Bernie Quinlan = He played his best football elsewhere and shouldn't have
F - Brad Hardie = 1985 was a special year and Hardie was a big reason why. In reality I could name 10 players
K - Robert Klomp = I doubt he was ever that good. He should have retired before we traded for him

Sockeye Salmon chased him off his property once. Robbert (two 'B's) Klomp was a door to door salesman and when he appeared at Jim's front door Jim said "what the *!*!*!*! are doing at my front door?" and chased him into the street!

GVGjr
29-03-2020, 06:30 PM
Sockeye Salmon chased him off his property once. He was a door to door salesman and when he appeared at Jim's front door Jim said "what the *!*!*!*! are doing at my front door?" and chased him into the street!

I would have done the same.

Twodogs
29-03-2020, 06:31 PM
I would have done the same.

Me too. Telly or no telly.

EasternWest
29-03-2020, 06:58 PM
Dylan Addison
Chris Grant
Matt Suckling, 5 years ago

westdog54
29-03-2020, 07:03 PM
Marry: Clay Smith. Well never know how good he could have been.
*!*!*!*!: Marcus Bontempelli. In addition to his freakish ability, he's a handsome young man and I'm man enough to admit it.
Kill: Rhian Gryphon. It still hurts, even though we've got a premiership and he doesn't.

Happy Days
29-03-2020, 07:46 PM
You guys are playing this game wrong.

F: Higgins
M: Gia
K: Peter Street

EasternWest
29-03-2020, 08:07 PM
You guys are playing this game wrong.

F: Higgins
M: Gia
K: Peter Street

No, you.

bornadog
29-03-2020, 08:11 PM
Whilst I agree with all of the above, I might add a few more

Gary Dempsey - Idolised him as a kid
Chris Grant - absolute freak his whole career
Georgie Bisset - running around in a Collingwood jumper, why O why.

GVGjr
29-03-2020, 08:37 PM
Whilst I agree with all of the above, I might add a few more

Gary Dempsey - Idolised him as a kid
Chris Grant - absolute freak his whole career
Georgie Bisset - running around in a Collingwood jumper, why O why.

It's interesting how Nathan Brown and Ryan Griffen are seen as a traitors by many fans but Gary Dempsey is revered.
He was a hell of a player though and dominated games with his marking. He also played a large part in a significant rule change

ratsmac
29-03-2020, 09:29 PM
Marry - Stringer. I was absolutely shattered when he left, and especially the way he left but he had to go. I used to love his swagger but now I hate it. He used to give me a lot of joy at the footy that's why I always have a sneaky look at his stats these days.

F##k - I've had many over the years, Hawkins, Grant, Cameron, Johnson, Griffen but I have to say the Bont trumps them all. In full flight he gives me butterflies. Naughton is saying hold my beer though.

Kill - Griffen. He could've been a bulldog great and then requested a trade whilst currently captain. When we know what wheels he set in motion.

Twodogs
29-03-2020, 09:38 PM
It's interesting how Nathan Brown and Ryan Griffen are seen as a traitors by many fans but Gary Dempsey is revered.
He was a hell of a player though and dominated games with his marking. He also played a large part in a significant rule change

Not by me.

Marry - Stringer. I was absolutely shattered when he left, and especially the way he left but he had to go. I used to love his swagger but now I hate it. He used to give me a lot of joy at the footy that's why I always have a sneaky look at his stats these days.

F##k - I've had many over the years, Hawkins, Grant, Cameron, Johnson, Griffen but I have to say the Bont trumps them all. In full flight he gives me butterflies. Naughton is saying hold my beer though.

Kill -Johnson. His last year was ruined by injury so its a bit unfair but when he did get on the field he was a shadow of his best. He was a freakish player in his prime.

To be fair Johnno was run over with a golf cart at training just before he retired.

Happy Days
29-03-2020, 10:49 PM
No, you.

I stand by my picks.

Rocket Science
29-03-2020, 11:34 PM
Marry - Callan Ward. I hate your guts mate but we gave you no choice.

F**k - Super MacPherson. We've had so few like him who could actually play a bit but tolerated no shit from anyone during a phase when we deserved a lot of shit.

Kill - Not sure this strictly adheres to the brief but Sam Power, who ensured my swear jar was permanently full. But all is forgiven.

EasternWest
30-03-2020, 12:14 AM
I stand by my picks.

As do I.

But I got in first, so objectively, you're wrong.

hujsh
30-03-2020, 11:54 AM
F: Aker. Quick cheap one night stand. Will regret it the next day.

M: Chris Grant. The epitome of the one you bring home to your parents (sorry Bont)

K: Nathan Brown. Thought of Stringer but helped us get a premiership so original Judas (in my time) gets the knife

ratsmac
30-03-2020, 07:24 PM
Not by me.

To be fair Johnno was run over with a golf cart at training just before he retired.

Yeah I changed my kill because I couldn't do it to Johnno.

Twodogs
30-03-2020, 07:33 PM
Yeah I changed my kill because I couldn't do it to Johnno.

The last time I thumped someone was at Kardinia Park in the early '90s. A group of blokes were laughing at him and saying he avoided body contact. I asked them if they were "*!*!*!*!ing serious" (probably not the wisest thing to do at a ground where you are outnumbered by a factor of 20 to 1, but *!*!*!*! it, we are western suburbs boys and if there is one thing our dads taught us to do was fight.) I can still remember the smiles on a few of their faces disappearing as I sat the first one on his arse and asked who was next?

jeemak
30-03-2020, 08:37 PM
The last time I thumped someone was at Kardinia Park in the early '90s. A group of blokes were laughing at him and saying he avoided body contact. I asked them if they were "*!*!*!*!ing serious" (probably not the wisest thing to do at a ground where you are outnumbered by a factor of 20 to 1, but *!*!*!*! it, we are western suburbs boys and if there is one thing our dads taught us to do was fight.) I can still remember the smiles on a few of their faces disappearing as I sat the first one on his arse and asked who was next?

Our resident sociopath does it again! ;)

SonofScray
02-04-2020, 10:47 AM
M - Daniel Cross
F - Trent Bartlett
K - Shaun Higgins

azabob
02-04-2020, 07:29 PM
M: Brian Lake
F: Marcus Bontempelli
K: Bob Murphy.

Happy Days
02-04-2020, 08:00 PM
M: Brian Lake
F: Marcus Bontempelli
K: Bob Murphy.

Okay I'll bite. Please explain?

azabob
05-07-2020, 12:21 PM
Okay I'll bite. Please explain?

Hard to explain. I just felt Murphy went a year too long. He dropped away really quickly and not his fault but with the club imploding it all was wrong.

azabob
05-07-2020, 12:22 PM
Happy Days,

With your love of Ryan Gardiner and Billy Gowers where do they sit in the scheme of things?

Happy Days
05-07-2020, 12:46 PM
Happy Days,

With your love of Ryan Gardiner and Billy Gowers where do they sit in the scheme of things?

F: Gowers
M: Gardner
K: Myself

1eyedog
05-07-2020, 12:53 PM
Marry: KT = devo
F€%k: Hawkins
Kill: Tony McGuiness

comrade
05-07-2020, 01:19 PM
Marry: Eason Wood
F***: Jarrod Boumann
Kill: Matthew Suckling

Twodogs
05-07-2020, 02:05 PM
Marry: KT = devo
F€%k: Hawkins
Kill: Tony McGuiness

Rumour is you aren't the only one with Tony McGuiness. There are a few bikies in Adelaide with the same intent.

Hotdog60
05-07-2020, 02:57 PM
Marry - Michael McLean
F**k - Michael McLean
Kill - Brad Johnson (Not so much ruined a legacy but his last year was one too long couldn't stay on his feet)

Dancin' Douggy
06-07-2020, 11:15 AM
MARRY. Jake Stringer. Wish he didn’t turn out be such a knobhead. So selfish, undisciplined, dishonourable, lazy and stupid.
F***. Jake Stringer. Stringer in 2015 was just about the most exciting year from a young player I have ever seen. I would swap ends to watch him rampaging like a wild beast. He had it all. Pace, leap, power, confidence, even arrogance and topped it all off with genuine skill. Tackled hard, and broke tackles hard. I was looking forward to watching another decade at least of it.
KILL. Jake Stringer. For polluting a premiership group with his toxicity. Forcing us to rebuild a side instead of hovering around the top for another crack.

Bulldog4life
09-07-2020, 02:37 PM
Marry - Michael McLean
F**k - Michael McLean
Kill - Brad Johnson (Not so much ruined a legacy but his last year was one too long couldn't stay on his feet)

That bloody golf cart didn't help.