PDA

View Full Version : Always Right Match Committee - Round 4 Vs Sydney 2020

Scraggers
14-06-2020, 02:29 PM
Welcome to the Always Right Match Committee Thread. The Match Committee threads has been named after long time WOOF member Always Right who tragically passed away in March 2018.

If you were on the Western Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make after our Round 3 match against GWS for our Round 4, 2020 match against Sydney at SCG on Thursday night?

For those new to these threads, please give a brief explanation for your changes ... this would add a lot of value to the discussion.

GVGjr
19-06-2020, 10:35 PM
Bump

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-06-2020, 11:26 PM
In: Dickson
Out: Lloyd or Dale... 50/50 who.

Josh Bruce won't get dropped.. but he should be on notice, and Schache should feel emboldened to really give it his all on the track this week.
JJ is lucky we've no one else who can perform his role. I feel he need a bunch of his peers to personally challenge him this week. Put it on him. He shows little care with his disposal, and does not play the percentages enough when it is called for.

bornadog
19-06-2020, 11:26 PM
We played North today in a scratch match. Would be good to hear who played well.

azabob
19-06-2020, 11:27 PM
Vandameer, Lloyd, Dale, Bruce and Suckling all under pressure to retain their spots.

EasternWest
19-06-2020, 11:27 PM

Josh Bruce won't get dropped.. but he should be on notice, and Schache should feel emboldened to really give it his all on the track this week.
JJ is lucky we've no one else who can perform his role. I feel he need a bunch of his peers to personally challenge him this week. Put it on him. He shows little care with his disposal, and does not play the percentages enough when it is called for.

I thought JJ was pretty good early, then, yeah I dunno....

bornadog
19-06-2020, 11:28 PM

Not sure why you are targeting JJ. I thought he played a good game, a couple of clangers, but fought hard including 7 CP of his 20 disposals.

azabob
19-06-2020, 11:29 PM
Is JJ fit? Is Suckling injured?

bornadog
19-06-2020, 11:31 PM
Is JJ fit? Is Suckling injured?

If you listened to Bevo during the week, he had JJ playing a different role, more defensive and was pleased with what he did. He may have played a different role today as well

SonofScray
19-06-2020, 11:33 PM
JJ played with some hardness at the ball, he was much better today. Par.

Lloyd played himself out of the side. I think perhaps Shache could replace him if he was fit and ready to go.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-06-2020, 11:35 PM
Not sure why you are targeting JJ. I thought he played a good game, a couple of clangers, but fought hard including 7 CP of his 20 disposals.

JJ ran hard, made lots of K's... but in several moments that mattered, butchered kicks, flaked contests. His worst outweighed his good. As I said though, he will prevail selection wise, there isn't anyone who has the attributes he does possess. I feel he would benefit from a stern and frank conversation from some of the other club leaders.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-06-2020, 11:35 PM
JJ played with some hardness at the ball, he was much better today. Par.

Lloyd played himself out of the side. I think perhaps Shache could replace him if he was fit and ready to go.

Lloyd should go. There is ZERO chance Schache is going to replace him, especially if Bruce and Naughton hold their spot.

comrade
19-06-2020, 11:55 PM
Suckling is in terrible shape, IMO. Carrying way too much weight.

Bruce & JJ also enjoyed himself during iso by the looks of things.

Happy Days
20-06-2020, 12:06 AM

Suckling has always been in terrible shape to be fair, even when he was at the Hawks. He's a naturally skinny fat guy.

Anyway before reading anything from the scratch match with North, I'd drop Bruce for Schache and think about Dale or Vandemeer for Lippa. Bruce hasn't fired a shot so far.

comrade
20-06-2020, 12:09 AM
Suckling has always been in terrible shape to be fair, even when he was at the Hawks. He's a naturally skinny fat guy.

Anyway before reading anything from the scratch match with North, I'd drop Bruce for Schache and think about Dale or Vandemeer for Lippa. Bruce hasn't fired a shot so far.

I know he usually rocks the skinny fat bod and has the muscle definition of a 43 year accountant but now he’s more just fat fat.

Bruce needs to shed some kgs, but I thought he provided more of a presence tonight. Deserves another week.

josie
20-06-2020, 12:12 AM
Dale and Lloyd out and Weightman and Lippy in.

GVGjr
20-06-2020, 12:34 AM
Suckling and Vandermeer out Bruce should be an out as well and Dale and Lloyd under consideration
Weightman and Hayes in..Schache on standby and Lipinksi around the mark

bornadog
20-06-2020, 12:39 AM
If Dickson is fit, he must come in for Dale or Lloyd

I would leave Vanda in.

Suckling looked like he had a hip problem, and maybe that restricted his kicking. The shots from near 50, he didn't even go for, so he may be injured.

Grantysghost
20-06-2020, 12:49 AM
Dale out, I’m still trying to work out what happened with that shot!? Suckling doesn’t look fit so I’d give him a spell too.

Lloyd and Bruce need to show something but I’d keep them for another game.

West, Weightman, Dickson in the mix for Dale dependant on form and availability. I’d like to see Lipinski back too.

westbulldog
20-06-2020, 01:03 AM
Vandermeer stays imo, think he shows real promise.
Dale out, Suckling out. Lipinski in, Sweet in.
Lloyd and Bruce need to hit the scoreboard v Sydney.

Ozza
20-06-2020, 01:42 AM
Dale and Lloyd out and Weightman and Lippy in.

On what basis is Weightman in? We benefitted tonight from a more experience team where a greater number of players have played with each other and were predictable to each other. Not sure of the urgent need to throw another debutant into the mix unless it is at the expense of Vandermeer who may not have the seasoned conditioning to cope with 3 games in 12 days.

Ozza
20-06-2020, 01:45 AM
The changes this week will be based on which of the fringe players are showing signs of not coping with the slog of having 3 games close together on the trot. Lloyd may not have had much of an impact to date, but it hasn't been too easy as a dogs forward this year to date, and I would have thought Lloyd maturity (body wise) gives him a better chance than some others to stand up to the physical demands.

1eyedog
20-06-2020, 02:56 AM
The changes this week will be based on which of the fringe players are showing signs of not coping with the slog of having 3 games close together on the trot. Lloyd may not have had much of an impact to date, but it hasn't been too easy as a dogs forward this year to date, and I would have thought Lloyd maturity (body wise) gives him a better chance than some others to stand up to the physical demands.

Would rather someone else plays ok for a half and then doesn't touch it for the rest of the game than what Lloyd is currently serving up.

azabob
20-06-2020, 08:34 AM

I was a bit more subtile with that earlier in this thread. But he is definitely carrying extra KGs as is Bruce.

azabob
20-06-2020, 08:40 AM
Vandameer, Lloyd, Dale, Bruce and Suckling all under pressure to retain their spots.

Thinking overnight i'd drop Lloyd before Dale. At least Dale is getting the ball and is capable of moving up the ground.

Bruce gets one more shot, I would instruct him to stay in our forward half so we can keep our forward structure in place and allow Naughton to play further up the field and use his athleticism.

I think Lloyd and Vandameer are the main ones under the pump.

I really hope West is available soon as he would be my choice to replace Lloyd.

Oh yeah, its both empowering and jumping the shark all at once quoting yourself.

azabob
20-06-2020, 08:43 AM
If you listened to Bevo during the week, he had JJ playing a different role, more defensive and was pleased with what he did. He may have played a different role today as well

I am not buying what Beveridge is selling there. Playing a different role? C'mon he is a running HB flanker.

Are you buying what he is selling?

My reason for considering JJ as an out is clearly he is not in match condition and secondly his disposal has been poor with field kicking and goal kicking.

Beveridge harps on about finishing properly but what consequences are there?

azabob
20-06-2020, 08:50 AM
Suckling and Vandermeer out Bruce should be an out as well and Dale and Lloyd under consideration
Weightman and Hayes in..Schache on standby and Lipinksi around the mark

Why Hayes over Lipinski?

GVGjr
20-06-2020, 08:54 AM
Why Hayes over Lipinski?

I like both, it's just think this is what the MC might do. To me bringing back Lipinski after just one week just seems unlikely

comrade
20-06-2020, 09:08 AM
I was a bit more subtile with that earlier in this thread. But he is definitely carrying extra KGs as is Bruce.

Yep, JJ is rocking a dad bod for sure.

josie
20-06-2020, 09:13 AM
On what basis is Weightman in? We benefitted tonight from a more experience team where a greater number of players have played with each other and were predictable to each other. Not sure of the urgent need to throw another debutant into the mix unless it is at the expense of Vandermeer who may not have the seasoned conditioning to cope with 3 games in 12 days.

Both Lloyd and Dale have been ordinary for 3 games. Lloyd slow and both missing gettable goals. I know they are not alone in this but they are forwards without great presence or pressure skills so might be time to give others a go.

I think Weightman has chutzpah and guessing he will not be overwhelmed by a debut & is apparently quick and tenacious. I would prefer Cavarra or West to be given a go but former is injured and latter not sure if he has recovered from leg injury. Dickson could be option too. Lippy if I recall has played forward a bit and i think puts more pressure on opponent than lloyd or Dale.

I reckon Vandermeer is looking promising as well as quick and Bevo might give him another go. If his body not ok with 3 games in 12 days then swap him with Hayes.

I also like suggestions of La Young for Suckling but aware of dangers of making too many changes which Bevo does not do often, especially after a win.

DOG GOD
20-06-2020, 11:03 AM
Out- lloyd
In- lippa

Suckling very lucky
Bruce to play syd and north and if doesn’t deliver something, he’s dropped.

Happy Days
20-06-2020, 11:13 AM
JJ isn't in is best ever shape for sure, but is it really hurting his performance? I thought he was really good yesterday.

SonofScray
20-06-2020, 01:00 PM
JJ isn't in is best ever shape for sure, but is it really hurting his performance? I thought he was really good yesterday.

He was hard at the contest. Hasn't been for quite a while. There was one spoil he really committed his body, won the ball and then it spilled for a turn over but I was pleased for him. His turn to go and he passed the test.

The Pie Man
20-06-2020, 01:32 PM
Whoever looks the best out of Dickson, Cavarra & Weightman for Lloyd.
If Vandermeer is fit enough, he stays in.
Dunkley looked hurt on the siren but nothing in the media suggests he’s hurt - Lipinski to come in if any of the mids need a rest.
Still a way to go, but positive signs. 1-3 still a distinct possibility, but if we bring last night’s effort we’ll be hard to play against every week

Jeanette54
20-06-2020, 01:35 PM
I can't remember when it was, but play had stopped and Matthew Suckling was moving with some difficulty. Looked like a back problem from what I could see.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
20-06-2020, 01:47 PM

He definitely ran, and that's a good thing. However I am really getting frustrated with his lack of care with the footy.
He is a poor shot on goal, and yet he decided to take advantage and shoot from 50, when it would've been better to stop and allow Bont I think it was, to take his free kick.
He turns the ball over too often.

kruder
20-06-2020, 01:49 PM
I just don't think its the year to play kids off very little prep, I'd go experience.

Easton Wood ready? I like the idea of Wood, Williams and Crozier coming across and helping out Cordy and Keath.

I'd bring Lippa( still not sure why he was dropped) in to replace Loyd/Vanda, we have put games into Lippa no reason why Weightman should be ahead of him at this stage.

bornadog
20-06-2020, 03:24 PM
Would rather someone else plays ok for a half and then doesn't touch it for the rest of the game than what Lloyd is currently serving up.

or Dale.

bornadog
20-06-2020, 03:27 PM
I am not buying what Beveridge is selling there. Playing a different role? C'mon he is a running HB flanker.

Are you buying what he is selling?

My reason for considering JJ as an out is clearly he is not in match condition and secondly his disposal has been poor with field kicking and goal kicking.

Beveridge harps on about finishing properly but what consequences are there?

Why would Bevo say that if it is not true? WE don't know what his role was last week and this.

He picked up 20 disposals (7 CP) off HBF, yes he butchered the ball a bit with 65% D Eff but I wouldn't be dropping him.

azabob
20-06-2020, 03:54 PM
Why would Bevo say that if it is not true? WE don't know what his role was last week and this.

He picked up 20 disposals (7 CP) off HBF, yes he butchered the ball a bit with 65% D Eff but I wouldn't be dropping him.

Because he is an AFL coach.

I do agree with you that he should not be dropped.

Happy Days
20-06-2020, 05:06 PM
Apparently McLean was doing a job on Whitfield before his injury

bornadog
20-06-2020, 07:20 PM
Easton Wood ready?

At least 4 weeks away

soupman
21-06-2020, 12:50 AM
He definitely ran, and that's a good thing. However I am really getting frustrated with his lack of care with the footy.
He is a poor shot on goal, and yet he decided to take advantage and shoot from 50, when it would've been better to stop and allow Bont I think it was, to take his free kick.
He turns the ball over too often.

Yep there is no surer thing than JJ on the run kicking a point. He is the anti Gilbee.

Changes for me I would still prefer a quicker more pressure hungry forwardline. We brought it against GWS but not sure we will have the full team buy in every game and need a setup which more naturally lends itself to it.

I'd be looking at bringing in one of West, Cavarra or Weightman for Lloyd or Dale, and if Dickson is good to go he comes in for the other.

Lipinski should be in the side, and I'd drop Suckling for him, who was terrible and seemed to shy away from kicking it (at least well), but the MC has clearly seen a different Lipinski to me for multiple seasons now.

Remi Moses
21-06-2020, 01:49 PM
At least 4 weeks away

Easton reckons he’s one to two away

FrediKanoute
22-06-2020, 08:22 PM
Out: Lloyd & Suckers

In: Weightman and Lippa

I think Weightman from all accounts has earnt his chance. Swans will be a good game for him to debut. Lippa was unlucky to be dropped after the Saints. He's not like for like with Suckers, but from a balance perspective I think gives a little more.

Remi Moses
22-06-2020, 08:52 PM
In lipinski , weightman
Out Dunkley Lloyd

Bulldog Joe
22-06-2020, 09:14 PM
Lipinski is the natural in for Dunkley.

It would be nice to know how players performed in the scratch match, but that clearly isn't a priority for the football department.

GVGjr
22-06-2020, 11:00 PM
Lipinski is the natural in for Dunkley.

It would be nice to know how players performed in the scratch match, but that clearly isn't a priority for the football department.

Rhylee West might be close but yes Lipinski is a very decent option. Hunter will be welcomed back as well

azabob
23-06-2020, 08:00 AM
Rhylee West might be close but yes Lipinski is a very decent option. Hunter will be welcomed back as well

Hunter still has one more match to serve.

GVGjr
23-06-2020, 08:01 AM
Hunter still has one more match to serve.

In the longer term. I was going through our midfield options

Mofra
23-06-2020, 09:45 AM
If Dunkley doesn't play, we already have his replacement in the team - Libba.

Ozza
23-06-2020, 09:49 AM
With Dunkley not playing, I think Macrae goes back inside, and Lippa takes his spot on the wing.
I'd suspect Libba's body might not be fully prepared for a full midfield game, so his role off a 6 day break I'd imagine will stay similar.

Mofra
23-06-2020, 10:54 AM
6 weeks for Dunkley.
Macrae and Libba to take inside rotations.

The Pie Man
23-06-2020, 11:16 AM
Lipinski should come in, though I have a question for you all.

Where's Cal Porter at?

Grantysghost
23-06-2020, 11:46 AM
McCartin out for Swans. (concussion). Does that affect our back 6? I don't think we should change it up we are quite mobile anyway.

Axe Man
23-06-2020, 12:21 PM
McCartin out for Swans. (concussion). Does that affect our back 6? I don't think we should change it up we are quite mobile anyway.

They still have a couple of talls in Mclean and Blakey. I would be much more concerned about their small/medium players like Papley and Heeney.

azabob
23-06-2020, 12:42 PM
They still have a couple of talls in Mclean and Blakey. I would be much more concerned about their small/medium players like Papley and Heeney.

From what I've seen Papely has gone to another level this year. He will need to be watched very closely.

bornadog
23-06-2020, 02:52 PM
I think there will only be the one change, with Lippa in for Dunks

Rocket Science
23-06-2020, 03:06 PM

That's far too logical.

comrade
23-06-2020, 03:37 PM
Suckling must be in the gun, he can't be 100% based on last game.

GVGjr
23-06-2020, 04:39 PM
Lipinski should come in, though I have a question for you all.

Where's Cal Porter at?

It's a good question, prior to the Covid restriction I think he primed for a good season. He will now need a bit of luck I suspect

The Bulldogs Bite
23-06-2020, 05:00 PM
It's a good question, prior to the Covid restriction I think he primed for a good season. He will now need a bit of luck I suspect

I think we'll see most fit and healthy players get a run at some point this season.

Just has to bide his time, train well and play well in any scratch matches.

bornadog
23-06-2020, 05:05 PM
I think we'll see most fit and healthy players get a run at some point this season.

Just has to bide his time, train well and play well in any scratch matches.

Next scratch match is Friday v Collingwood

Axe Man
23-06-2020, 05:51 PM

We will be playing our third game in 12 days so there is the potential that someone may not come up or is struck down with an injury they haven't previously told us about (as seems to happen now and then).

bulldogsthru&thru
23-06-2020, 06:43 PM
Louis Butler to play

GVGjr
23-06-2020, 06:47 PM
Louis Butler to play

He's a nice kick. Good luck to him

bulldogsthru&thru
23-06-2020, 06:52 PM
I wonder who he is coming in for? Dunks with Caleb to push further up the ground? He’s a defender I believe

Remi Moses
23-06-2020, 06:59 PM
Gotta admit just saw that on socials ace didn’t know who it was ?
Go well young man

bulldogsthru&thru
23-06-2020, 07:03 PM
Gotta admit just saw that on socials ace didn’t know who it was ?
Go well young man

Yeah I saw ‘Butters’ and couldn’t think of his name. Hope he goes well and grasps the opportunity with both hands

The Underdog
23-06-2020, 07:07 PM
Louis Butler to play

Well, I definitely saw that coming.

Rocket Science
23-06-2020, 07:11 PM
As if Bevo was ever going to be content with a simple Lipinski for Dunkley swap.

jeemak
23-06-2020, 07:18 PM
Interesting selection. Good luck to the lad!

Hotdog60
23-06-2020, 07:24 PM
I wonder if Suckers is out.

kruder
23-06-2020, 07:26 PM
We do love our half-back flankers at the dogs :D

Scraggers
23-06-2020, 07:30 PM
I wonder if Suckers is out.

That's my thought as well. Elite kicking skills and can run. Butler seems like the perfect replacement.

Remi Moses
23-06-2020, 07:50 PM
Yeah I saw ‘Butters’ and couldn’t think of his name. Hope he goes well and grasps the opportunity with both hands

I thought we had traded in Zac Butters overnight !

ratsmac
23-06-2020, 09:26 PM
I hope Butler is in for Vander. We are in nowhere near good enough form to be playing too much inexperience. We still haven't really settled in with Juice and Keath yet. Although Keath was good against GWS it's only 1 good game out of 3.
However, we won in a scrap on the weekend with no real synergy between the lines so I hope the MC doesn't mess with the line-up too much and changes are on a need to only basis.

In saying that Lloyd or Dale need to go.

In - Butler, Dickson

Out- Dunkley, Dale/Lloyd (flip a coin)

Dickson' s lack of pace won't get exposed as much on the small SCG so happy for him to come in. He's a smart player who leads well and puts on decent forward line pressure.

Good luck to Louis Butler, make the faithful proud!

Twodogs
23-06-2020, 10:24 PM
I thought we had traded in Zac Butters overnight !

Knowing Bevo it was more likely to be this Butters:

https://youtu.be/71gN8RQYTYU

jeemak
24-06-2020, 01:24 AM
I hope Butler is in for Vander. We are in nowhere near good enough form to be playing too much inexperience. We still haven't really settled in with Juice and Keath yet. Although Keath was good against GWS it's only 1 good game out of 3.
However, we won in a scrap on the weekend with no real synergy between the lines so I hope the MC doesn't mess with the line-up too much and changes are on a need to only basis.

In saying that Lloyd or Dale need to go.

In - Butler, Dickson

Out- Dunkley, Dale/Lloyd (flip a coin)

Dickson' s lack of pace won't get exposed as much on the small SCG so happy for him to come in. He's a smart player who leads well and puts on decent forward line pressure.

Good luck to Louis Butler, make the faithful proud!

I think we were a touch better than that, but you're not far off given our forward connections from upfield didn't really deliver what we'd hope.

Can't flip a coin between Lloyd and Dale, I reckon the former goes as the latter did more positive things and negative things throughout the game, with the negatives at least proving he was involved.

bornadog
24-06-2020, 10:44 AM
Is Butters in to replace Suckling?

Axe Man
24-06-2020, 10:46 AM
Although Keath was good against GWS it's only 1 good game out of 3.

Keath was one of our best against Collingwood, even received 3 votes on here in the Marmo.

Axe Man
24-06-2020, 10:47 AM
AFL.com's take (https://www.afl.com.au/news/456324/in-the-mix-who-s-pushing-for-selection-in-round-four-):

With Josh Dunkley (ankle syndesmosis) out for at least six weeks, Patrick Lipinski should re-gain his spot in the side. The Dogs could get Jack Macrae to play the role Dunkley has taken on this year, while Lipinski can take on Macrae's duties. Louis Butler is a confirmed debutant and could replace a veteran in the backline.

Verdict: Patrick Lipinski, Louis Butler replace Josh Dunkley and Matt Suckling. - Jourdan Canil

comrade
24-06-2020, 11:01 AM
AFL.com's take (https://www.afl.com.au/news/456324/in-the-mix-who-s-pushing-for-selection-in-round-four-):

With Josh Dunkley (ankle syndesmosis) out for at least six weeks, Patrick Lipinski should re-gain his spot in the side. The Dogs could get Jack Macrae to play the role Dunkley has taken on this year, while Lipinski can take on Macrae's duties. Louis Butler is a confirmed debutant and could replace a veteran in the backline.

Verdict: Patrick Lipinski, Louis Butler replace Josh Dunkley and Matt Suckling. - Jourdan Canil

Makes complete sense, so chances are things won't go exactly like this.

Testekill
24-06-2020, 11:33 AM
Butler would probably be no more detrimental then Suckling was last week. I'd rather blood a 1st gamer then let Suckers skate after some of the shit that he did. I'm usually a fan of Suckling and think that we focus too much on the one or two bad kicks but his kicking was actively hurting us out there.

Bumper Bulldogs
24-06-2020, 11:47 AM
Makes complete sense, so chances are things won't go exactly like this.

Oh Comrade, you need to stay positive, I can see Bevo or the MC taking any risks this week as anything could happen (Like Essendon) so he is smart enough to realise we need a win or its season over as we will be to far back of the pace.

Butler straight swap for Suckers, McCrae in the Guts, McClean to the wing and Lipinski to the 1/2 forward line

The Bulldogs Bite
24-06-2020, 12:03 PM
I'd prefer McLean to take over a mid role over Lipinski.

We'll miss Dunkley's hardness but McLean can bring that. I like Lipinski but I'm not sure he has that in his game. I'd still like to see Lippy in the side, but I'd be giving increased mid minutes to McLean.

bornadog
24-06-2020, 07:19 PM
IN: Louis Butler (debut), Rhylee West, Pat Lipinski
OUT: Josh Dunkley (ankle), Lin Jong (Achilles), Matt Suckling

Testekill
24-06-2020, 07:21 PM
Oh no Jong

Grantysghost
24-06-2020, 07:26 PM
As someone who suffers from chronic achilles tendonitis it’s really one of those injuries that needs management. Or stay off it for weeks... he can’t take a trick poor guy. Let’s hope it’s on the lower end of the scale and we can manage it and get him through.

The bulldog tragician
24-06-2020, 07:35 PM
Oh no Jong

He has had the most wretched luck.

GVGjr
24-06-2020, 07:39 PM
By choice we are going into this game with a very young list.

Very happy to see Lippa, West and Butler in though

Rocket Science
24-06-2020, 07:44 PM
Ah crap, that's so disappointing for Jongy, we're approaching Tom Williams territory here.

No Dunkley or Jong on the ball really robs us of a bit of heat around the contest which was probably the most pleasing aspect of last week's win. I hope it doesn't diminish our appetite for the scrap.

G-Mo77
24-06-2020, 07:48 PM
Not sure about this we lose a lot of experience and bring in 3 players with little experience and 1 rookie. Then again I'm not that sure who else is available off the top of my head.

EasternWest
24-06-2020, 07:51 PM
Oh no Jong

Just unbelievable. Poor kid.

Hotdog60
24-06-2020, 07:57 PM
Son of a gun is not a bad inclusion and happy to see him in but it would have been for either Dale or Lloyd.
Both of those guys need to show some improvement or one or both may be next with Hunter ready to come back.

comrade
24-06-2020, 08:01 PM
Very happy with the ins.

Lloyd and Dale would want to pull their fingers out.

Bumper Bulldogs
24-06-2020, 08:03 PM
Oh no Jong

Surly thats the end of his career now! shame we never had him longer than a few games

The Bulldogs Bite
24-06-2020, 08:06 PM
Lloyd/Dale have been given ample chances - not sure how they've both survived.

Maybe the injuries saved them this week, but I'd be buying lotto tickets if I were them....

Very young lineup. Makes me think we've underrated how inexperienced/bad our depth is - a few senior bodies out injured (Wood, Duryea, Suckling, Jong) and we've replaced them with kids (Lipinski is a good in but West, Butler and Vandermeer on the bench says a lot).

I don't mind giving some of these young guys a real taste this year. I don't see us contending so it makes it the perfect year to pump games into kids/see who's worth keeping. Still concerned we can't find a spot for Lewis Young.

G-Mo77
24-06-2020, 08:08 PM
Surly thats the end of his career now! shame we never had him longer than a few games

Easy. It's just soreness.

Eastdog
24-06-2020, 08:18 PM
So unlucky Lin Jong. Just no luck.

bornadog
Not sure about this we lose a lot of experience and bring in 3 players with little experience and 1 rookie. Then again I'm not that sure who else is available off the top of my head.

We only have Dickson and Trengove available as the experienced players. I would love to have seen Dickson in for Dale/Lloyd

Sydney are fairly young as well this year with an average of 81 games (same as us last week, we drop to 71)

Eastdog
Very happy with the ins.

Lloyd and Dale would want to pull their fingers out.

Yeah Lloyd and Dale need to get involved in the game a lot more. Both been disappointing so far.

Bulldog Joe
24-06-2020, 08:37 PM
We only have Dickson and Trengove available as the experienced players. I would love to have seen Dickson in for Dale/Lloyd

Sydney are fairly young as well this year with an average of 81 games (same as us last week, we drop to 71)

Clearly Bevo doesn't like going in with the most experienced team.

There seems a pathological need to be young and raw.

DOG GOD
24-06-2020, 09:41 PM
Damn...it sucks with Jong out after 2 good performances.
Wow, could we get any younger ?

comrade
24-06-2020, 09:42 PM
Damn...it sucks with Jong out after 2 good performances.
Wow, could we get any younger ?

Might be why Lloyd and Dale got a reprieve. Bringing Weightman in would probably be one young body too many, if we're not already at that point.

FrediKanoute
24-06-2020, 09:47 PM
I like the in's. Lippa, was unlucky to be dropped against the Saints and is more a Dunks/Jong than he was a Suckers, so there is balance there. West, strikes me as a player who needs games. He wont be flashy, but he is an upgrade in that he does most things well, not one thing brilliant.

Butler is the unknown for me, but if the match committee think he has earned his spot well lets roll with it. He is the replacement for Suckers and given Suckers' age, injury history and form slump it is time to start looking at replacements.

Doc26
24-06-2020, 10:22 PM

Lloyd needs to impact the scoreboard.

13 kicks / 22 disposals, 0 goals, 2 behinds, for his 3 games this season is not good enough.

He’s very fortunate to hold his position.

Rocket Science
24-06-2020, 10:34 PM
Lloyd needs to impact the scoreboard.

13 kicks / 22 disposals, 0 goals, 2 behinds, for his 3 games this season is not good enough.

He’s very fortunate to hold his position.

A function of having so little competition for small forward spots.

We must outgrow our reliance on Lloyd and Dickson by season's end.

Dale, Weightman ... over to you.

kruder
24-06-2020, 10:37 PM
I wonder if Jongy was rested, it would be his 3rd game in 12 days after a long lay off.

Love the idea of winning this with a young group with the potential to add Hunter, Wood and Jong against Norrrfff.

jazzadogs
24-06-2020, 11:35 PM
What are we expecting from Butler? Who does he play like within our squad/the AFL?

I hope that Rhylee has a good game, and I am confident that Lippa will slot straight back in to his standard role of possession gathering. Also really happy to see that Laith has been given another game - he has performed well for a new player in a challenging time mentally.

I agree that I would like to see McLean get more of a midfield role, but also wouldn't be surprised to see him play as a defensive forward - Bevo mentioned that he had started with a role on Whitfield. Perhaps Jake Lloyd will be in the gun?

ratsmac
24-06-2020, 11:42 PM
A function of having so little competition for small forward spots.

We must outgrow our reliance on Lloyd and Dickson by season's end.

Dale, Weightman ... over to you.

Dale Weightman was good on his day but I think the game has gone past him by a fair bit :p

bornadog
24-06-2020, 11:57 PM
What are we expecting from Butler? Who does he play like within our squad/the AFL

He has played mostly in defence, so I guess he comes in for Suckling and plays his role. I wonder what his kicking is like.

jazzadogs
25-06-2020, 12:02 AM
He has played mostly in defence, so I guess he comes in for Suckling and plays his role. I wonder what his kicking is like.

Thanks. I agree, looking at the team we essentially have:
Butler as defensive rotation
West as forward rotation
Lipinski as midfield ('centre-bounce') rotation, plus Wallis/Mclean/Macrae as on-field rotations
Vandermeer as wing rotation

Very inexperienced bench, but hopefully they bring good energy.

Also worth noting that Cal Porter was an emergency - I imagine his chance won't be far away.

Testekill
25-06-2020, 12:37 AM
Just unbelievable. Poor kid.

It's gotta be so frustrating for him, he's had a decent couple of weeks and suddenly the momentum is ruined with another injury. We really under-appreciate his bravery out there and his willingness to put his body on the line.

Bulldog Revolution
25-06-2020, 12:52 AM
By choice we are going into this game with a very young list.

Very happy to see Lippa, West and Butler in though

Do you get the feeling he’s pushing to make the team quicker and better by foot?

jeemak
25-06-2020, 02:08 AM
They're putting West/ Libba in the Dunkley coal face role and Lippa in the Jong role surely...…?

Butters plays between half back and half forward depending on where our rotations are at the time, pretty much like Suckling does. Hopefully there's not too much of that and he can settle into a role behind the ball to take some pressure off.

azabob
25-06-2020, 08:37 AM
I am really looking forward to seeing West play.

He was extremely unlucky not to play more games last year.

I hope barring injury we persist with him for 5+ weeks of senior footy.

The Underdog
25-06-2020, 08:54 AM
I am really looking forward to seeing West play.

He was extremely unlucky not to play more games last year.

I hope barring injury we persist with him for 5+ weeks of senior footy.

Same here, he's super clean and footy smart. Makes the right decisions and seems to have full confidence in himself. Really excited to see him get a decent run at it.

josie
25-06-2020, 06:07 PM
Loved watching his Dad play - was my fave player when he played, and got a suspicion Riley will soon be my next fave along with Daniel (since Picken retired).

bornadog
25-06-2020, 06:13 PM
Do you get the feeling he’s pushing to make the team quicker and better by foot?

We do have some speedsters in the team - more than we ever have.

1eyedog
25-06-2020, 06:35 PM

Bevo identified that after the Collingwood loss. He mentioned we needed to move the ball quicker and will be focusing on that moving forward.