PDA

View Full Version : Conspiracy Theory

Scraggers
15-06-2020, 03:56 PM
Whilst trying to make sense of our form this year (albeit two disjointed games), I can't help think that this is deliberate.

With the prospects of Jamarra Ugle-Hagan going as a NGA Number 1 draft pick (first number one since the NGA inception) and with the possibility of us getting father/son prospects of Kellett and McPherson, are we already writing this season off? Jockeying for the spoon to position ourselves better in the upcoming draft? Are we ... dare I say it ... tanking? Giving us less points we need to find to match other team's efforts to secure JUH?

Or am I just clutching at straws in the hope there is a reason behind these two insipid efforts? :p

bornadog
15-06-2020, 04:13 PM
Clutching at straws, no one does that.:D

Topdog
15-06-2020, 04:23 PM
No player wants to lose.

Scraggers
15-06-2020, 05:17 PM
No player wants to lose.

Which is why we are questioning the selection committee?

Grantysghost
15-06-2020, 05:19 PM
Who is our Brock Mclean? We identify them early and shut them up ! :cool:

Mofra
15-06-2020, 05:48 PM
Who is our Brock Mclean? We identify them early and shut them up ! :cool:
There are no secret Talias at the club, right?

Jam Donuts
16-06-2020, 12:35 PM
Whilst trying to make sense of our form this year (albeit two disjointed games), I can't help think that this is deliberate.

With the prospects of Jamarra Ugle-Hagan going as a NGA Number 1 draft pick (first number one since the NGA inception) and with the possibility of us getting father/son prospects of Kellett and McPherson, are we already writing this season off? Jockeying for the spoon to position ourselves better in the upcoming draft? Are we ... dare I say it ... tanking? Giving us less points we need to find to match other team's efforts to secure JUH?

Or am I just clutching at straws in the hope there is a reason behind these two insipid efforts? :p
Scraggers I don't think we have to tank, we couldn't beat time with a stick at the moment.

bulldogsthru&thru
16-06-2020, 12:38 PM
If we're tanking we're not doing a very good job at doing it subtly

Scraggers
16-06-2020, 01:10 PM
If we're tanking we're not doing a very good job at doing it subtly

That's the best part of the conspiracy theory ... It's so bleeding obvious that no one can see that we are doing it :cool:

Mofra
16-06-2020, 01:13 PM
No Honeychurch, no bulldogs.

bornadog
16-06-2020, 02:49 PM
no honeychurch, no bulldogs.

Very funny :D:D:D

LostDoggy
16-06-2020, 05:54 PM
That's a bit mean to Mitch isn't it?

Axe Man
17-06-2020, 11:17 AM
No Honeychurch, no bulldogs.

The Herald Sun have a top 50 players in suburban Melbourne footy today - Mitch comes in at number 5 with Ayce Cordy at number 2.

Grantysghost
17-06-2020, 11:49 AM
Maybe we've been doing it for a while ?? ;^)

Since 2017 WBD have won 12 of 31 games vs sides sitting higher than them on the ladder via @sirswampthing on Twitter.

bornadog
17-06-2020, 01:01 PM
Maybe we've been doing it for a while ?? ;^)

Since 2017 WBD have won 12 of 31 games vs sides sitting higher than them on the ladder via @sirswampthing on Twitter.

Every team is above us at the moment so only a 38% chance of winning :mad:

Rocket Science
17-06-2020, 02:04 PM
The best thing about the Honeychurch burn is that it lives on every time you see Darcy Macpherson do something good for the Suns.

And what's even better is discovering Son-of-Super comfortably averages more tackles per games than anyone in our small forward brigade and the only bloke near him on that count is Toby Mclean who can't get a game.

Warms the cockles seeing Mitch cutting it up in the EFL though.

1eyedog
17-06-2020, 02:47 PM
Double post - apols

1eyedog
17-06-2020, 02:50 PM

If the season stops next week or the week after and the draft goes ahead based on the current system we literally clean up BIG TIME. We'll get Jamara and a high draft pick - perfect. The draft is going to have to roll out some how and why not under the current structure? After 5 games say it will be enough of a sample to say, '...Yeah the Bulldogs are really shit give them no 1'. I mean we are playing like we think the season will be cancelled or something...

Given the expected spread of the virus it is as likely as unlikely that in maybe a month or two the season get suspended / cancelled. All it still really needs is a few players catching it.

I'm with ya Scraggers, just like on GF day. What a walk to the ground that was!

SonofScray
17-06-2020, 02:53 PM
Look at what we've been reduced to.

From Premiership swagger and dreams of Fortune & Glory like we've never known, to the sort of thought processes loser clubs like Melbourne and Carlton have been dealing with.

Even the thought crossing my mind in jest is deeply upsetting. It's infuriating. The thought that history will repeat and I'll be dead and buried before my daughter, in her 60s gets to fully appreciate what happened in her first year on this Earth. It's messed up.