PDA

View Full Version : Football Strategy and game plans - what else can we do?

bornadog
08-07-2020, 12:02 PM
We have watched in the past three weeks, Bevo has tweaked our defensive side with better setups at stoppages, and plonking English at CHB to help mop up the ball coming in high. This has also been helped with a more balanced team.

Based on the current team (all players we have at our disposal, not injured) , and tactics, what else can we do to the game plan, or what other available players should come in, to make sure we keep winning or staying competitive?

I know it is not an easy question, but there are many good football brains on WOOF.

Discuss.

comrade
08-07-2020, 12:28 PM
We have watched in the past three weeks, Bevo has tweaked our defensive side with better setups at stoppages, and plonking English at CHB to help mop up the ball coming in high. This has also been helped with a more balanced team.

Based on the current team (all players we have at our disposal, not injured) , and tactics, what else can we do to the game plan, or what other available players should come in, to make sure we keep winning or staying competitive?

I know it is not an easy question, but there are many good football brains on WOOF.

Discuss.

Naughton to defence....kidding.

I think the key to winning for our side really comes to application and effort. If we drop off even a little bit, we tend to get smashed.

So I think the question I'd like answered is how do we win when we're not completely dominating? I like the tweak of Timmy floating back and hopping in the hole, he's one of the few ruckman in the league that can do it and provide a marking option around the ground. I hope we continue with him as the 7th defender.

I'm also concerned about the low productivity from players like Richards, Dale, Schache, Vandermeer etc. We have quite a few that have a tendancy to go missing which kills you in tight games against the best teams. How do we get these players more involved?

Axe Man
08-07-2020, 01:16 PM
I would love to be able to go to a game to see where exactly English goes on the ground. While he certainly gets back he does not just plonk himself in the backline. He is getting plenty of touches linking up through the middle of the ground and of course finds himself forward at times too. Any of our Queensland members heading to Metricon on Sunday?