Margin:
First goal:
Best on ground:

Eastdog
11-08-2020, 05:11 PM
Bump

GVGjr
12-08-2020, 05:51 PM
Brad Lynch should be an outside chance of getting a game against the Crows if JJ doesn't come up
He should be instructed to take the game on and make an impact.

Of course Richards might be moved back for a game or two

Danjul
12-08-2020, 06:28 PM
Brad Lynch should be an outside chance of getting a game against the Crows if JJ doesn't come up
He should be instructed to take the game on and make an impact.

Of course Richards might be moved back for a game or two
Didn’t Lynch hit the post from 50m on the boundary in a game against the reigning premiers?

Not sure but I remember he played a little like Dusty, in that he held the ball and tried to run through the centre.

Amazed that he hasn’t been able to get a game since.

GVGjr
12-08-2020, 07:23 PM
Didn’t Lynch hit the post from 50m on the boundary in a game against the reigning premiers?

Not sure but I remember he played a little like Dusty, in that he held the ball and tried to run through the centre.

Yep that was him
His problem seems to be that he just doesn't get enough of the ball
He has some AFL level traits so I hope we give him a chance or at the very least he is in the mix

Doc26
12-08-2020, 07:46 PM
Yep that was him
His problem seems to be that he just doesn't get enough of the ball
He has some AFL level traits so I hope we give him a chance or at the very least he is in the mix

He did have the quirky stat of 57 disposals in his first 3 games, more than any Brownlow Medalist other than Dusty so he has shown that he can get it.

I’m not sure what’s halted his opportunity from selection as he has shown potential when given the chance. Would like to see him get another chance before his contract ends this season.

SonofScray
12-08-2020, 07:48 PM
A humiliating loss on the horizon, I fear. Mostly irrational, but we're never too far away from a flogging, or from dishing one out.

G-Mo77
12-08-2020, 08:36 PM
A humiliating loss on the horizon, I fear. Mostly irrational, but we're never too far away from a flogging, or from dishing one out.

I'm trying to talk my way in the opposite direction but it has that feel about it. They're going to win at some point and they'll be feeling like they can get us.

Grantysghost
12-08-2020, 09:06 PM
I'm trying to talk my way in the opposite direction but it has that feel about it. They're going to win at some point and they'll be feeling like they can get us.

They lost to Collingwood reserves at home. It's just not possible we lose to this mob they're beyond terrible. Sloane back may help but offset by Doedee and Lynch.

Dogs by 45
BOG Bont
FG Bruce

bornadog
12-08-2020, 09:40 PM

Last game in 2018 against Richmond and with a minute to go he hit the post and we lost by 3 points. Was a Tough shot from 50 metres out on the boundary.

Injured in 2019, and never recovered and played well at all at VFL level. One of the best kicks at the club.

kruder
12-08-2020, 09:53 PM
Last game in 2018 against Richmond and with a minute to go he hit the post and we lost by 3 points. Was a Tough shot from 50 metres out on the boundary.

Injured in 2019, and never recovered and played well at all at VFL level. One of the best kicks at the club.

Good on both sides is Lynch

kruder
12-08-2020, 09:59 PM

While we have our issues we aren't broken, the boys will win this week.

comrade
12-08-2020, 10:36 PM
We will belt the Crows. Fully expect a 5+ goal win, especially if it's fine, sunny day.

Despite all our problems, we're good enough to deal out some punishment to the bottom 4 sides.

Remi Moses
13-08-2020, 07:26 AM
We’ll win this game
Geez ,I know it’s a tough time for us vics , but jeeesh on here

GVGjr
13-08-2020, 09:56 AM

C'mon SoS, a bit more positivity is required.. We are playing some good footy at the moment and I'm confident we will win

bornadog
13-08-2020, 10:24 AM
C'mon SoS, a bit more positivity is required.. We are playing some good footy at the moment and I'm confident we will win

I can understand SoS being worried, but surely we aren't that bad.

Mantis
13-08-2020, 10:51 AM
We will belt the Crows. Fully expect a 5+ goal win, especially if it's fine, sunny day.

Despite all our problems, we're good enough to deal out some punishment to the bottom 4 sides.

Looking at the last 2 weeks in isolation we've played the top 2 teams on their home decks and acquitted ourselves pretty well for at least 3 qtrs of the game.

There's lots of things we're frustrated about (baffling MC decisions, lack of player development, etc.), but we aren't a million miles away from beating the best teams so as long as our mindset is right we will be able to handle what is pretty much a shit team with a leg in the air.

Axe Man
13-08-2020, 10:54 AM

Forecast is fine, sunny and 23 degrees. No excuses for us as long as we remember the sunscreen for Ed and Tim.

comrade
13-08-2020, 11:00 AM
Adelaide aren’t just battling, they’re the worst team since GWS entered the league and they don’t have the luxury of there being a few other terrible teams to potentially steal a win off.

They’ve also lost Doedee and Lynch for this week’s game.

I’m fully expecting a a confidence boosting win and anything less than 5+ goals would be a disappointment.

GVGjr
13-08-2020, 11:20 AM
I can understand SoS being worried, but surely we aren't that bad.

I have some concerns but it isn't all doom and gloom. We are capable of playing a lot better and just need to back Bevo to get it right this week

Happy Days
13-08-2020, 11:20 AM
Looking at the last 2 weeks in isolation we've played the top 2 teams on their home decks and acquitted ourselves pretty well for at least 3 qtrs of the game.

There's lots of things we're frustrated about (baffling MC decisions, lack of player development, etc.), but we aren't a million miles away from beating the best teams so as long as our mindset is right we will be able to handle what is pretty much a shit team with a leg in the air.

Yeah agree with this. We should've straight up won the Port game off the back of a phenomenal performance from our midfield, and believe we would have with even a half decent effort from a tall forward. The Brisbane game had a better contribution from the forwards coupled with a putrid effort from the midfield. A flat track might help us put it all together.

GVGjr
13-08-2020, 11:23 AM

A very accurate assessment. It's important that we play to our best and get back into that winning frame of mind

SonofScray
13-08-2020, 01:09 PM

When the ball is bounced I will be up and about as always. It’s a coin toss.

Sedat
13-08-2020, 01:22 PM

Agree 100% with regard to the Port game. Not as much for the Brisbane game - we were essentially non-conpetitive for half that game, and the last qtr improvement was junk time. I thought we were very poor in critical areas (especially at stoppages and around the ball) and looked a class below the Lions. By contrast in the Port game, we had a poor 15 minute patch and basically dominated the ladder leader for the remainder of that match but for 2-3 horrendous turnovers when Port were setting up defensively and not even looking to score.

We really should account for Adelaide comfortably. They are ok for patches in games but are consistently uncompetitive for large parts.

bornadog
13-08-2020, 01:29 PM
Dodee out for season.

Mofra
13-08-2020, 02:16 PM
Dodee out for season.
Wow, that's huge. He was arguably their shining light from this year, along with Himmelberg forward.

Mofra
13-08-2020, 02:20 PM
Tom Lynch being out helps us a bit too.

1eyedog
14-08-2020, 11:01 AM
If we lose this we are officially broken

Dogs by 24 points
Macrae BOG
Naughton FG

Eastdog
14-08-2020, 12:56 PM
Need to win. Cmon Dogs!

Margin: Dogs by 35 points
First goal: Lipinski
Best on ground: Macrae

Eastdog
14-08-2020, 01:02 PM

Yeah the last 2 weeks we were right in both games had it not been for those lapses. We really need to get that goal kicking right. Had we got it right I reckon we would have got the points in the Port match.

bornadog
14-08-2020, 02:14 PM
Dogs by 70

First Goal Cavarra

BOG Macrae - 52 disposals

DOG GOD
15-08-2020, 12:50 PM
I’ve got a “feeling in my gut” this week. We are known to play dud forwards into champions, so I’m expecting walker, Fogarty and Himmelberg to actually put a score on the board against our depleted backline. If we kick straight we should win, but if we don’t, well then......they have to win ONE game surely.

Dogs by 3 pts
1st goal Wallis
Bog - macrae

1eyedog
15-08-2020, 01:25 PM
I’ve got a “feeling in my gut” this week. We are known to play dud forwards into champions, so I’m expecting walker, Fogarty and Himmelberg to actually put a score on the board against our depleted backline. If we kick straight we should win, but if we don’t, well then......they have to win ONE game surely.

Dogs by 3 pts
1st goal Wallis
Bog - macrae

Yep getting anxious about it.

Grantysghost
15-08-2020, 02:21 PM
Yep getting anxious about it.
I’m the opposite. Had a bet with my Crows friend if we lose I’ll buy a Crows membership for next year. I’m expecting a decent win. Naughton be better for the run. Bruce and Naughton will rip their backs to shreds.

The Adelaide Connection
15-08-2020, 02:23 PM
This game is about more than 4 points, it represents the biggest opportunity to earn critical percentage. We need to win by 100. But I am worried we will kick 2.38 form 900 forward entries and Tex (who is legitimately finished) will kick 6.

Fingers crossed we turn up and fix our forward dysfunction.

Dogs by 22
Bog- MacRae
First Goal-Dale

bornadog
15-08-2020, 02:28 PM
This game is about more than 4 points, it represents the biggest opportunity to earn critical percentage. We need to win by 100. But I am worried we will kick 2.38 form 900 forward entries and Tex (who is legitimately finished) will kick 6.

Fingers crossed we turn up and fix our forward dysfunction.

Dogs by 22
Bog- MacRae
First Goal-Dale

Will you be there tomorrow?

chef
15-08-2020, 03:20 PM
We are going to smash them.

1eyedog
15-08-2020, 04:00 PM
I’m the opposite. Had a bet with my Crows friend if we lose I’ll buy a Crows membership for next year. I’m expecting a decent win. Naughton be better for the run. Bruce and Naughton will rip their backs to shreds.

I thought the same about the Carlton and St Kilda games. Now both of those teams are a fair bit advanced on the Crows but it is not lessening my anxiety.

comrade
15-08-2020, 04:09 PM
I thought the same about the Carlton and St Kilda games. Now both of those teams are a fair bit advanced on the Crows but it is not lessening my anxiety.

Nah, both those teams have caused us problems in the past and are miles ahead of the Crows.

We'll win this easily.

Eastdog
15-08-2020, 04:36 PM
https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/795493/beveridge-wary-of-desperate-crows

Beveridge wary of ‘desperate’ Crows
At 5-6 and in the middle of the pack, the Bulldogs can ill-afford many slip ups if they want to feature at the business end of the year.

The Western Bulldogs are desperate to get back on the winners’ list.

They have played some good footy in patches over the past three weeks, against three of the competition’s top teams in Richmond, Brisbane Lions and Port Adelaide.

But poor patches have let them down, where they have been unable to stem opposition momentum.

It makes a win against the winless Adelaide Crows pivotal in the context of the season.

At 5-6 and in the middle of the pack, the Bulldogs can ill-afford many slip ups from here if they want to feature at the business end of the year.

Senior coach Luke Beveridge is more than aware of the challenge the Adelaide Crows pose this week.

“The Crows are improving, they’ve challenged teams in recent times,” Beveridge told media this week.

“They’ve probably just let themselves down or shot themselves in the foot through some turnover here and there.

“We understand we’re playing a team that’s desperate for their first victory.

“If we’re off, we’ll be vulnerable.”

In a season where teams have had to persist and persevere in the face of different challenges, the Bulldogs have had plenty of changes to their 22.

One area that has been consistent in terms of personnel is the inside midfield group.

Beveridge is looking to the likes of skipper Marcus Bontempelli, Jack Macrae, Tom Liberatore, Josh Dunkley and young gun Bailey Smith to have a significant impact against the Crows – particularly with some important players missing in defence.

“The one line that’s remained pretty static is probably that inside midfield area,” Beveridge said.

“We need those lads to play consistently well – if they don’t, we feel it.

“Prior to that, it was probably our backend, which has been knocked around a little bit now.”

Topdog
15-08-2020, 04:48 PM
Dogs by 55.
Wallis first goal
Macrae BOG

Bulldog4life
15-08-2020, 05:05 PM

Is your Crow's friend going to buy a doggies membership ticket when we spank them Granty?

Bulldog4life
15-08-2020, 05:06 PM
Dogs by 28 pts
1st goal Naughton
Bog - Bont

The start of our run to the finals. Go doggies.

G-Mo77
15-08-2020, 05:10 PM
Where is the team? I can't find it anywhere? Has it been announced?

comrade
15-08-2020, 05:39 PM
Where is the team? I can't find it anywhere? Has it been announced?

Gets named around 6ish the day prior during this footy fest period.

G-Mo77
15-08-2020, 05:55 PM
Gets named around 6ish the day prior during this footy fest period.

Ahhh. Less time to pull out the pitchforks and torches, I get it. ;)

comrade
15-08-2020, 06:00 PM
Ahhh. Less time to pull out the pitchforks and torches, I get it. ;)

On the flip side, more time for the tension to build!

I've made my peace with team selections, Bevo is gonna do Bevo things no matter what. It is what it is.

Topdog
15-08-2020, 06:31 PM
This game is showing how the pies are actually traveling

The Adelaide Connection
15-08-2020, 07:16 PM
Will you be there tomorrow?

I’d love to be, but it’s in Queensland (Metricon) mate.

Topdog
15-08-2020, 07:28 PM
Bruce dropped

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/795788/team-news-round-12

IN: Lachie Hunter, Rhylee West, Ben Cavarra, Roarke Smith
OUT: Zaine Cordy (chest), Jason Johannisen (ankle), Josh Bruce (managed), Laitham Vandermeer (managed)

The Adelaide Connection
15-08-2020, 07:33 PM
Bruce dropped

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/795788/team-news-round-12

IN: Lachie Hunter, Rhylee West, Ben Cavarra, Roarke Smith
OUT: Zaine Cordy (chest), Jason Johannisen (ankle), Josh Bruce (managed), Laitham Vandermeer (managed)

Ouch. Adelaide is probably the best chance to kick a bag and build some confidence.

DOG GOD
15-08-2020, 08:18 PM
Bruce managed after an 8 day rest...hmmm...

comrade
15-08-2020, 08:33 PM
Bruce managed after an 8 day rest...hmmm...

Yeah, has a bit of a smell about it.

Surely if there's any week to play Bruce and Naughton together to try and boost the confidence and get some connection, it's this one.

Grantysghost
15-08-2020, 08:39 PM
Maybe looking forward to a rampant Melbourne. They're on fire at the moment. Maybe we should look at Pruess.

bornadog
16-08-2020, 12:37 AM
I’d love to be, but it’s in Queensland (Metricon) mate.

For some reason I thought it was in Adelaide. I think the time slot made me think that

Dry Rot
16-08-2020, 01:32 AM
We will smash the Crows by 40 - 60 points because we are always mentally up taking on lesser teams and always beat them....

Back in the real world, I can honestly see us taking them for granted, playing like shit in the first half and be well behind, getting our act together and coming back but falling short.

We have form doing this, don't we?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
16-08-2020, 01:44 AM
Dogs by 27 points
First goal Naughton
BOG: Bont

ratsmac
16-08-2020, 10:48 AM
Dogs by 64, we'll piss it in
First of many- Dale
BOG- The PE teacher against his old mob

Twice Bitten
16-08-2020, 12:42 PM
Dogs by 52 points
First goal Cavarra
BOG Bont Adelaide have no stopper OR match for him.

Bulldog Joe
16-08-2020, 12:50 PM
I would like to support the view that we win easily.

I have no confidence and the match selections reduce it further.

Dogs by 1

First Goal - Wallis
BOG Macrae.

Grantysghost
16-08-2020, 01:33 PM
Naughts rocking the cricket vibe.

https://i.postimg.cc/xdWR2zhg/Screenshot-20200816-123147-Twitter.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Grantysghost
16-08-2020, 01:36 PM
Final teams #AFLDogsCrows: No late changes.

HOSE B ROMERO
16-08-2020, 01:39 PM
Dogs by 42
Jack Mac to be bog picking up 42 possessions
Keathy to get first goal with a long bomb and then pumping his fist in the direction of Mark Riccutto..

Eastdog
16-08-2020, 01:51 PM
Go Dogs! Lets do this!

Bumper Bulldogs
16-08-2020, 01:52 PM
Dogs by 11 points
BOG MaCrae
1st Goal Wallis

GVGjr
16-08-2020, 01:54 PM
Dogs by 17 points

Go Dogs

ratsmac
16-08-2020, 02:07 PM
HTB to Richards. Here we go again

comrade
16-08-2020, 02:09 PM
Looks like two very average sides going at it.

bulldogsthru&thru
16-08-2020, 02:10 PM
English how do you drop that

GVGjr
16-08-2020, 02:10 PM
We need to hit some targets and we can get off to a fast start

ratsmac
16-08-2020, 02:12 PM
We need to hit some targets and we can get off to a fast start

I know right

comrade
Really wish we played another ruckman, English could have a field day up forward.

ratsmac
English used to be a good kick

Grantysghost
16-08-2020, 02:13 PM
Their speed is a worry, waltzing out of defence with little pressure.

bulldogsthru&thru
Very easy transition for them. Bottom two sides on display for sure

comrade
Opposition forwards in behind our defence, never seen that before.

angelopetraglia
How often do we miss set shot goals that should be goals and then get exposed Coast to Coast for a two goal turnaround. It’s a disease at this club.

comrade
16-08-2020, 02:16 PM
Dunkley in the ruck is a disgrace.

Eastdog
AstroNaught!

jeemak
How is that not dropping the ball fifteen metres out. Umpiring up its own arse looking for the tricky ones but missing the obvious ones.

Good boy Astro.

bulldogsthru&thru
2 seperate rules for htb today

comrade
16-08-2020, 02:17 PM
Good boy Naughts, looking sharp.

Eastdog

Pretty desperate we are if Dunks is in there.

G-Mo77
Opposition forwards in behind our defence, never seen that before.

Hopefully we can put something in place to stop it next time.

ratsmac
16-08-2020, 02:18 PM
Naughts!! Better dogs

GVGjr
16-08-2020, 02:18 PM

Well we don't have other options today.

Grantysghost
16-08-2020, 02:19 PM
Naughton looks up for this. Wow we've missed him.

Eastdog
Bailey Dale finishes! Good stuff by Naughts as well in that goal.

ratsmac
Naughts pressure fantastic

GVGjr
Naughts!! Better dogs

He made sure he didn't cough up a free kick and stayed in the contest so the reward came

Dale gets our 2nd

angelopetraglia
Naughton forward pressure when the ball hits the ground is 5x what Bruce brings.

comrade
Take a bow Naughton. His pressure puts our other forwards to shame.

jeemak
Naughton gets molested in marking contests.

Great pressure, good result.

Mantis
I was always wondering how we could make Dunkley, Libba, Bont and Macrae work in the midfield.

Naughts back to his best as our best defensive forward.

GVGjr
16-08-2020, 02:21 PM
Really happy to see Cavarra hit the scoreboard.

3 goals for the Dogs and now a nice lead.

ratsmac
16-08-2020, 02:22 PM
What a gift from obrien

Eastdog
Naughton on fire!

comrade
Really happy to see Cavarra hit the scoreboard.

3 goals for the Dogs and now a nice lead.

Yep, need to back Cav in for the rest of the year.

GVGjr
16-08-2020, 02:23 PM
Naughty now a multiple goal kicker.

GVGjr
16-08-2020, 02:23 PM
Yep, need to back Cav in for the rest of the year.

If he can fill it up today it will almost get him there

Eastdog
16-08-2020, 02:24 PM
We are dominating now!

Grantysghost
16-08-2020, 02:25 PM
Naughton wowee. Hes on decent opposition too. Keep it up boys.

GVGjr
16-08-2020, 02:25 PM
Naughty with his 3rd. He's a smart player

Comrade, don't start the Naughty to the back line chat today :)

DOG GOD
16-08-2020, 02:27 PM
For F sake

Eastdog
16-08-2020, 02:28 PM
Ruck we need to address.

AshMac
There is so much space in our forward line without Bruce

angelopetraglia
How do we have Dunkley in the ruck? What the hell.

comrade
Why is Dunkley rucking in that contest?

Bevo is mental.

BornInDroopSt'54
16-08-2020, 02:29 PM
If this keeps up, final score will be 20 goals to 8 goals. I'll take that.

ratsmac
16-08-2020, 02:30 PM
That was no free against Dunkley to Tex . *!*!*!*!en bs

AshMac
16-08-2020, 02:31 PM
Liking Ed Richards so far, amazing what he shows in the same position he played all his junior footy

Eastdog
16-08-2020, 02:32 PM
Liking Ed Richards so far

Yeah I reckon he has played pretty good so far today.

angelopetraglia
Even the Crows are exposing us on the counter. How? We can’t defend the ball in motion coming out of our defensive 50m.

DOG GOD
They’re getting their goals way too early. Once they break our fwd line defence it’s just open space. Too easy.

bulldogsthru&thru
We even give up way transition goals against the worst transition team in the comp.

comrade
16-08-2020, 02:33 PM
Bailey Dale needs an absolute rocket. He let Schoenberg go then which helped set up their run through the middle.

ratsmac
We are the best at getting burnt on a fast break. World champs in fact

Mantis
We look so bad without the ball.

DOG GOD
16-08-2020, 02:34 PM
All their goals are just a repeat of the previous.

angelopetraglia
Again. Can’t defend balls out of D50. It’s crazy. Every week the same stuff.

jeemak
One way running is a huge issue at our club.

comrade
Bailey Dale needs an absolute rocket. He let Schoenberg go then which helped set up their run through the middle.

Another 1 arm tackle attempt.

ratsmac
16-08-2020, 02:35 PM
We are the best at getting burnt on a fast break. World champs in fact

you're right again ratsmac.
Thats 2 in a row

comrade
We've let Adelaide kick 3 of the easiest goals in a row ever.

Sedat
We've done nothing to dispel the one-way running criticism labeled at our midfield group

Bumper Bulldogs
That’s West’s goal right their

G-Mo77
Disappointing to drop those 2 goals late in the quarter, getting us on the overlap like usual. The worst VFL team could light us up the scoreboard.

jeemak
A bit of the best and worst from the Bont just there, ended well. Great stuff.

bulldogsthru&thru
16-08-2020, 02:36 PM
This game is going just like all our others. No defensive work rate whatsoever but we’ll win because we’re playing a bad team. Nothing has improved though.

Happy Days
16-08-2020, 02:38 PM
Another 1 arm tackle attempt.

That’s his move though. You wouldn’t ask Dusty to stop using the fend off would you?

G-Mo77
This game is going just like all our others. No defensive work rate whatsoever but we’ll win because we’re playing a bad team. Nothing has improved though.

Nah. Don't call it yet mate. I'm still thinking we can drop this one.

GVGjr
Bevo just needs to get the team tighten up defensively in the 2nd quarter. It's fortunate for the Crows to grab those two late goals.

There is a bit of work to do but we've looked good at times

DOG GOD

Will be a different story next week if we don’t work on this defensive work rate. Demons will kick 18 goals

Eastdog
Naughton and Bont very strong that quarter. Need to be better defensively when we don’t have the ball.

angelopetraglia
Crows have kicked 8,7,5 and 5 goals in last four games. We concede four goals in the first quarter. If we don’t fix the ability to defend the ground form a turnover we have zero chance against better teams.

bulldogsthru&thru
16-08-2020, 02:39 PM
Adelaide are playing horrendously. If we simply played accountable football we’d be 6 goals up. Seriously it can’t be that hard to pull your head in. This is work rate stuff not talent.

comrade

Yeah, not much to take from that quarter.

Ed Richards started well, the pace seems to be suiting Lipinski much better this week and Bont is dominating.

Bailey Dale continues to play on his own terms and I have no idea what Roarke is supposed to bring to the side. One contest, one loss.

Bumper Bulldogs
So first quarter highlights. Lookss sac likdd Ed we are not missing Bruce, Richards looks quite solid, Naughton looking good. Love Wst back in the side.

ratsmac
16-08-2020, 02:40 PM
Happy with that quarter sort of. How we conseeded 4 goals to Adelaide is alarming. They look terrible. We better not too cocky because if we let them get 4 easy goals they'll try build confidence of that. We need to starve them not hand them the corridor

Sedat
16-08-2020, 02:40 PM
Bevo just needs to get the team tighten up defensively in the 2nd quarter. It's fortunate for the Crows to grab those two late goals.

There is a bit of work to do but we've looked good at times
Is it luck or isn't poor work rate running defensively? And is it also overly aggressively defensive positioning from our back 6? Geelong hardly ever concede coast to coast goals from their F50 and we've conceded 3 in 1 qtr.

Grantysghost
16-08-2020, 02:41 PM
Feel like if we have the offensive trigger pulled we just can't/don't transition at all. Happy with the quarter I think we will pull away if we can get the defense sorted.

jeemak
Crowding the ball or the carrier is a massive problem.

We saw Hunter do it in the centre when Daniel was running after the Adelaide bloke and would have been able to pressure him but Hunter charged him and left someone open which in turned opened up the field to a player under no pressure.

It's so obvious and the players need to be better.

bulldogsthru&thru
The Geelong and west coast fixtures are going to be massacres.

jeemak
16-08-2020, 02:42 PM
Is it luck or isn't poor work rate running defensively? And is it also overly aggressively defensive positioning from our back 6? Geelong hardly ever concede coast to coast goals from their F50 and we've conceded 3 in 1 qtr.

It's between the ears of the players, both in positioning and intent.

DOG GOD
16-08-2020, 02:42 PM
Once again our fwd line congested and the opposition not

bulldogsthru&thru
16-08-2020, 02:43 PM
It's between the ears of the players, both in positioning and intent.

How many weeks do you give them to figure it out before you say they’re incapable?

DOG GOD
16-08-2020, 02:44 PM
In a scrum we have too many ball watchers. Either tackle an opponent or get the ball, just don’t friggin stand in concrete watching.

angelopetraglia
16-08-2020, 02:46 PM
Again. How? I don’t understand.

kruder
16-08-2020, 02:46 PM
In a scrum we have too many ball watchers. Either tackle an opponent or get the ball, just don’t friggin stand in concrete watching.

Ball watching has been an issues all year, it has to do with work rate and avoiding contact

Eastdog
16-08-2020, 02:47 PM
Shocking!

Mantis
Embarrassing!

Our defensive transition is u/10’s stuff.

bulldogsthru&thru
Aaaaand again. So so easy

Bullies
16-08-2020, 02:48 PM
Lloyd. No idea what he offers

Rocket Science
16-08-2020, 02:48 PM
We'll win this because the Crows are barely VFL calibre but it won't do a thing to remedy our conditional efforts that even they have the ability to punish.

Eastdog
16-08-2020, 02:49 PM
Good stuff Lachie and Mitch!

comrade
This is just a side that isn't interested in pressuring or defending the opposition and wants to do the easy stuff.

Eastdog
Mitch just had to finish and misses

ReLoad
16-08-2020, 02:50 PM
Why the hell hasnt rhylee been playing all year?

AshMac
16-08-2020, 02:50 PM
I’d like hunter to autograph that pass to Wally!

comrade
16-08-2020, 02:51 PM
David King, this isn't enjoyable to watch at all.

kruder
16-08-2020, 02:51 PM
Still not sure Daniel can defend

Sedat
16-08-2020, 02:52 PM
Libba elite kicking skills

Eastdog
16-08-2020, 02:52 PM
Mega AstroNaught today!

bulldogsthru&thru
16-08-2020, 02:53 PM
3 elite kicks lately. Daniel, Hunter and Libba

jeemak
Great kick Libba.

Just need to stay goal side of opponents from time to time to tie this game up.

comrade
Just clear it out for Naughts.

Eastdog

Been really impressed with Libba this season. He is in form.

Happy Days
Give Naughton the Fev Zone

Grantysghost

He's a super star. Makes good decisions every time. Had a guy loose opposite flank but was more risky. Went for percentage play and nailed it.
Naughts might kick 10.

AshMac
Gorgeous Libba

Bullies
Why the hell hasnt rhylee been playing all year? Because he doesn't surf or skateboard

GVGjr
16-08-2020, 02:54 PM
Why the hell hasnt rhylee been playing all year?

Was thinking the same. There mist be some things the MC want him to do that he doesn't

chef
16-08-2020, 02:54 PM
Been an enjoyable contest so far. Good game of footy.

GVGjr
16-08-2020, 02:56 PM
Naughty and Bonts have been the standouts so far

1eyedog
16-08-2020, 02:57 PM
Lloyd is done. He's doing what Gia did all year in his last year. Work under the ball double back. It's the only way he can win it.

bulldogsthru&thru
16-08-2020, 02:57 PM
That’s it. Seen enough of Gardner. No more MC please

GVGjr
16-08-2020, 02:58 PM
Lloyd is done. He's doing what Gia did all year in his last year. Work under the ball double back. It's the only way he can win it.

Some worrying signs with him for sure

Sedat
Not sure what exactly Lloyd provides to the team at present

jeemak
You just knew two things.

Gardner was going to botch that short kick, and Lloyd was going to have a shot avoiding all other options and miss.

comrade
We can only have one of Lloyd and Dale. Suicide playing them both.

Mantis
16-08-2020, 02:59 PM
Not sure what exactly Lloyd provides to the team at present

He must get paid per goal because he gets the blinkers on when in sight of them.

comrade
English just slices it every time.

kruder
Loving Richards in defence looking good in his natural role

DOG GOD
Someone tell me what Gardner and R. Smith offer the team ?

Sedat
16-08-2020, 03:00 PM
Almost a 5th goal conceded from the back half

Eastdog
Been quite good forward of centre today but defensive pressure when we don’t have the ball very poor.

bulldogsthru&thru
Two defenders go for the spoil and completely miss the ball

Grantysghost
Most open game I’ve seen for ages.

AshMac
16-08-2020, 03:01 PM
Would have loved Smith to have had a shot then

AshMac
16-08-2020, 03:02 PM
Most open game I’ve seen for ages.

Neither team wants to setup to defend the turnover

kruder
16-08-2020, 03:02 PM
Would have loved Smith to have had a shot then

Not one forward came up at the footy crazy

comrade
16-08-2020, 03:03 PM
Best set shot in the side, tries the snap. Ok.

Eastdog
16-08-2020, 03:04 PM
What a mark Easton!

HOSE B ROMERO
16-08-2020, 03:04 PM
woooddddyyyy!

Grantysghost
16-08-2020, 03:06 PM
What a mark! Coaches will hate this open footy. Surely plotting against it as we speak.

Sedat
Richards twice putting defensive pressure on. Bont has been awesome today but he didn't put any defensive pressure on in the same play and we nearly conceded yet another goal from a coast to coast transition.

Eastdog
Nice finish Sam Lloyd

AshMac
16-08-2020, 03:07 PM
Best set shot in the side, tries the snap. Ok.

He was furious with himself

AshMac
16-08-2020, 03:08 PM
Can’t pick between Libba or Bont for best on this half

GVGjr
16-08-2020, 03:10 PM
That would have a been a nice addition to the quarter.

angelopetraglia
16-08-2020, 03:10 PM
Didn’t look touched. Does it get reviewed?

bulldogsthru&thru
16-08-2020, 03:11 PM
Ummm that looked a goal. Yet no review? It’s there for a reason don’t guess you idiot goal umpire

comrade
With percentage an issue, we should be doing everything we can to hammer them.

Eastdog
Looked very much a goal to me. Maybe I have missed something.

Vred
Review Englishes goal for *!*!*!*! sake, wasn’t touched.

EasternWest
Why the hell was that Adelaide guy behind the goal line/not guaranteeing that was touched?

If I was Nicks I'd be having words to him.

Bullies
16-08-2020, 03:12 PM
Someone tell me what Gardner and R. Smith offer the team ? We need to give up on this question. No one knows and ever will.

The Pie Man
No touch?

I always thought if shot was touched on the line after the siren it should be no score

GVGjr

I tend to think the horse has bolted there. Just need wins

DOG GOD
16-08-2020, 03:13 PM
We are doing everything. I think it’s just that we aren’t that good

Bullies
16-08-2020, 03:14 PM
Adelaide are the worst side in the comp since Fitzroy.

comrade
I'm not sure why I'm disappointed with that half, it went pretty much how I thought and we're still on track for the 5+ goal win I predicted.

We've certainly allowed the Crows some time and space and it's the best they've looked in weeks, if not all year.

Happy Days
So we just not gonna review that last shot?

Guess the umpire wouldn't get 30 seconds on camera at half time so what's the point.

Bullies
16-08-2020, 03:18 PM
If we pick RSmith and Gardner down back against Melbourne they will kick a cricket score.

Sedat
16-08-2020, 03:18 PM
I'm not sure why I'm disappointed with that half, it went pretty much how I thought and we're still on track for the 5+ goal win I predicted.

We've certainly allowed the Crows some time and space and it's the best they've looked in weeks, if not all year.
The 4 goals conceded from coast to coast and the further 2 behinds from the same source that qtr might have something to do with it. These scoring chains occurred as a result of our poor defensive transition and lack of pressure and also our back 6 pressing up far too aggressively (not for the first time this season).

Our clearance work and contested ball game has been top notch - if we were better set up defensively we would be 50+ points up.

GVGjr
16-08-2020, 03:19 PM
If we get the first couple of goals quickly in the 3rd we can really open this game up otherwise it could be an arm wrestle

Mantis
16-08-2020, 03:19 PM

I’ve got a hollow feeling too.

We’ve butchered some chances going forward, but the offensive part of the game has been pretty good.

But we just look so bad without the ball, just no intent or ability to slow them down and our starting points are all at of whack .. and it’s against the worst team in the competition.

The Underdog
16-08-2020, 03:22 PM
If we pick RSmith and Gardner down back against Melbourne they will kick a cricket score.

You’re probably right, but Gardner has been ok today. If we can’t defend a stoppage or turnover up the ground, it won’t matter who plays in the backline.

comrade
16-08-2020, 03:24 PM
Gardner hasn't been tested at all, they've kicked most of their goals in transition and on the run.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
16-08-2020, 03:25 PM

I think both have done pretty well thus far. An error each, but no more than some others upfield that were more costly.
Roarke's pressure acts around the ground have been valuable.

DOG GOD
16-08-2020, 03:26 PM
Let’s see if the MC committee has enough faith in Gardner to play him on Darling or Kennedy in a few weeks.

The Underdog
16-08-2020, 03:28 PM
Have really liked Richards first half. Great run, good chase and while not faultless, better with the ball by foot.

West should play the rest of the season.

jeemak
16-08-2020, 03:29 PM
Roark has put in a few good efforts getting back and killing the footy. Gardner's had one clear error.

Not sure these guys are our biggest sore point today.

Topdog
16-08-2020, 03:30 PM
I was pretty happy with that half, we weren't perfect but that's ok.
Think Gardner has done on, not spectacular but held his own in a few one on ones.

Happy Days
Gardner almost cost us a goal by missing a 15m target in defence under zero pressure. He’s going to keep doing this until we stop picking him.

comrade
Have really liked Richards first half. Great run, good chase and while not faultless, better with the ball by foot.

West should play the rest of the season.

Richards has played to his strengths today, going long and direct.

AshMac
16-08-2020, 03:31 PM
Outstanding team defence

Sedat
16-08-2020, 03:31 PM
Come on Tim. Need to kill that aerial contest

Topdog
16-08-2020, 03:32 PM
If we could kick straight we'd be up by 45 already

comrade
The good sides are adept at generating intercept marks and possessions, we just can't seem to be able to set up in such a way to win it back easily.

Eastdog
Bont bringing the A game today

jeemak
16-08-2020, 03:33 PM
That was really good from Gardner, hope he never does it again!

AshMac
16-08-2020, 03:34 PM
Outstanding Richards!!

Eastdog
16-08-2020, 03:35 PM
Outstanding Richards!!

Been out of form but today been very solid.

jeemak
The good sides are adept at generating intercept marks and possessions, we just can't seem to be able to set up in such a way to win it back easily.

The good sides don't let teams just run it out of defence like we do, or through the middle of the ground like we do. We get that right the intercept marks will start.

comrade
The good sides don't let teams just run it out of defence like we do, or through the middle of the ground like we do. We get that right the intercept marks will start.

That's my point.

AshMac
16-08-2020, 03:37 PM
Been out of form but today been very solid.

We might be playing the bottom of the ladder - but he looks so much more confident down back than on a wing or up forward.

Grantysghost
Lachie ain’t going anywhere.

Topdog
Brilliant team goal

comrade
Well done Lachie.

AshMac
Welcome back Lauchie 😘

Sedat
16-08-2020, 03:38 PM
Great transition. We have been very good offensively today.

Libba's hands in the phone box are top shelf

jeemak
Great show of passion and grabbing the hoops after that goal, good to see.

Eastdog
Great work and great goal Lachie Hunter. Very important player.

1eyedog
Anyone see Lachie grab the jumper after that goal? He ain't going anywhere.

G-Mo77
16-08-2020, 03:39 PM
Pretty telling jumper grab by Lachie then.

The Underdog
I think Lachie likes the jumper

EasternWest
Anyone see Lachie grab the jumper after that goal? He ain't going anywhere.

Certainly seemed like he's sending a signal. It's good to see such passion.

Sedat
16-08-2020, 03:40 PM
Timmy has really struggled today. We desperately need a quality 2nd ruck hybrid who isn't 189cms

Bumper Bulldogs
16-08-2020, 03:40 PM
English is getting a bath today from the crows