PDA

View Full Version : Rating our list 2020 Callum Porter 28

Hotdog60
24-07-2020, 02:19 PM
I was away for the week but we'll keep going to finish assessing our list.
We can evaluate each player on our list starting with the highest number Lin Jong down to Matthew Suckling.
The poll will run for a week and when your post in the poll if you can give a reason on your thoughts so we can share your insights.
At the end we'll see how our list looks in the eyes of WOOF members.

Hotdog60
24-07-2020, 02:21 PM
A few stats:
Height: 182cm
Weight: 76Kg
Games: 1

Midfielder Callum Porter arrived at the Kennel via its third selection (pick 74) in the 2017 NAB AFL Draft. The Gippsland Power product is a versatile midfielder with an ability to also play as a half-back or forward, and is renowned for his leadership skills. Porter took out Gippsland’s best and fairest and finished seventh in the 2017 Morrish Medal, which recognises the best players in the TAC Cup competition. In his first two season at the Kennel, Porter has made a combined 33 appearances for the Footscray Bulldogs in the VFL.

LINK (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/players/1622/callum-porter#playerstatistics)

Testekill
26-07-2020, 04:12 PM
Porter is definitely a VFL tier player. I'd still keep him because he's one of our few players that loves to tackle people and he'd tackle people with a fair bit of force in the VFL over the last two years.

GVGjr
26-07-2020, 04:19 PM
I guess I would like to ask others here is if they think he has a point of difference over other younger mids of what his strength might be? I think he is a solid player but I think he will struggle to find a spot in our best 22

bornadog
26-07-2020, 11:51 PM
I voted needs more time, but I wasn't overly impressed with his first game. He sure puts the effort in and once he picks up the pace of senior football, maybe he will be a good player. Need to see more of him to make a definitive assessment of him.

azabob
27-07-2020, 08:21 AM
I voted needs more time, but I wasn't overly impressed with his first game. He sure puts the effort in and once he picks up the pace of senior football, maybe he will be a good player. Need to see more of him to make a definitive assessment of him.

I'm not sure he has more time.

Would you keep him on our list for 2021?

bornadog
27-07-2020, 09:40 AM
I'm not sure he has more time.

Would you keep him on our list for 2021?

Only if he showed something

josie
27-07-2020, 07:28 PM
Gee we expect a lot from a debutant however I suppose he has been in list for quite a few years.

I thought Porter showed improvement as the game progressed and considering he was only on something like 50% playing time I thought he did ok.

Would like to see him given another senior game or two before I’d put line through him.

Depends upon how big a cut list sizes will be imposed on us too.

Bumper Bulldogs
28-07-2020, 10:05 PM
I put him as VFL quality. He has been around long enough to show his tricks. He has a solid frame and plenty of go. However I don’t see him getting his nose ahead of anyone in our top 25 when they are fit. Happy to have him as a depth player but I feel he may be one a list clogger.

swampdau
28-07-2020, 10:07 PM
for me - VFL quality on the basis if list sizes reduce, hard decisions will need to be made