PDA

View Full Version : Game Day Festival of Footy (Round 13-18)

Pages : [1] 2

Eastdog
06-08-2020, 09:32 PM
(All times AEST)

ROUND 13

Friday August 21

Gold Coast Suns v Carlton (TIO Stadium) — 7.50pm

Saturday August 22

Western Bulldogs v Melbourne (Metricon Stadium) — 1.45pm

Port Adelaide v Hawthorn (Adelaide Oval) — 4.35pm

Essendon v Richmond (TIO Stadium) — 7.40pm

Fremantle v Sydney Swans (Optus Stadium) — 8.10pm

Sunday August 23

Adelaide Crows v Geelong Cats (Adelaide Oval) — 1.05pm

Brisbane Lions v St Kilda (Gabba) — 3.35pm

West Coast Eagles v GWS Giants (Optus Stadium) — 6.10pm

Monday August 24

Collingwood v North Melbourne (Gabba) — 7.10pm

ROUND 14

Thursday August 27

Hawthorn vs Essendon, Adelaide Oval - 4:40pm

Richmond vs West Coast Eagles, Metricon Stadium - 7:10pm

Friday August 28

Western Bulldogs vs Geelong Cats, Metricon Stadium - 7:50pm

Saturday August 29

Port Adelaide vs Sydney Swans, Adelaide Oval - 1:45pm

Fremantle vs GWS Giants, Optus Stadium - 4:35pm

Melbourne vs St Kilda, TIO Traeger Park - 7:40pm

Sunday August 30

Carlton vs Collingwood, Gabba - 3:35pm

Gold Coast Suns vs North Melbourne, Metricon Stadium - 6:10pm

Byes: Adelaide Crows, Brisbane Lions

ROUND 15

Tuesday September 1

Hawthorn vs Adelaide Crows, Adelaide Oval - 5:40pm

West Coast Eagles vs Essendon, Gabba - 8:10pm

Wednesday September 2

Richmond vs Fremantle, Metricon Stadium - 7:10pm

Thursday September 3

Sydney Swans vs Melbourne, Cazalys Stadium - 4:40pm

GWS Giants vs Carlton, Metricon Stadium - 7:10pm

Friday September 4

Brisbane Lions vs Collingwood, Gabba - 7:50pm

Byes: Geelong Cats, Gold Coast Suns, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, St Kilda, Western Bulldogs

ROUND 16

Saturday September 5

North Melbourne vs Port Adelaide, Metricon Stadium - 7:40pm

Sunday September 6

St Kilda vs Hawthorn, Metricon Stadium - 1:05pm

Geelong Cats vs Essendon, Gabba - 3:35pm

Western Bulldogs vs West Coast Eagles, Metricon Stadium - 6:10pm

Monday September 7

Melbourne vs Fremantle, Cazalys Stadium - 7:10pm

Tuesday September 8

Adelaide Crows vs GWS Giants, Adelaide Oval - 5:40pm

Carlton vs Sydney Swans, Metricon Stadium - 8:10pm

Wednesday September 9

Brisbane Lions vs Gold Coast Suns, Gabba - 7:10pm

Byes: Collingwood, Richmond

ROUND 17

Thursday September 10

St Kilda vs West Coast Eagles, Gabba - 7:10pm

Friday September 11

Geelong Cats vs Richmond, Metricon Stadium - 7:50pm

Saturday September 12

North Melbourne vs Fremantle, Metricon Stadium - 1:45pm

Port Adelaide vs Essendon, Adelaide Oval - 4:35pm

GWS Giants vs Melbourne, Gabba - 7:40pm

Sunday September 13

Carlton vs Adelaide Crows, Metricon Stadium - 1:05pm

Hawthorn vs Western Bulldogs, Adelaide Oval - 3:35pm

Sydney Swans vs Brisbane Lions, Cazalys Stadium - 6:10pm

Monday September 14

Collingwood vs Gold Coast Suns, Gabba - 7:10pm

ROUND 18

Thursday September 17

North Melbourne v West Coast Eagles at Metricon Stadium (7:10pm)

Friday September 18

St Kilda v GWS Giants at the Gabba (7:50pm)

Saturday September 19

Essendon v Melbourne at Metricon Stadium (2:10pm)

Adelaide Crows v Richmond at the Adelaide Oval (5:10pm)

Brisbane Lions v Carlton at the Gabba (7:40pm)

Sunday September 20

Hawthorn v Gold Coast Suns at the Adelaide Oval (1:05pm)

Sydney Swans v Geelong Cats at Metricon Stadium (3:35pm)

Fremantle v Western Bulldogs at Cazaly’s Stadium (6:10pm)

Monday September 21

Collingwood v Port Adelaide at the Gabba (7:15pm)

Eastdog
15-08-2020, 04:13 PM
Bump

Remi Moses
21-08-2020, 10:18 PM
This game tonight is emphasizing why the afl can’t have this festival in an ordinary season
Gold Coast look cooked after playing Monday night

Rocket Science
21-08-2020, 10:34 PM
This game tonight is emphasizing why the afl can’t have this festival in an ordinary season

Almost as cooked as Bruce & BT's excruciating double act.

bulldogsthru&thru
21-08-2020, 10:40 PM

How can it be they play Monday and then first up tonight? Stupid

jeemak
21-08-2020, 10:44 PM
What's interesting in this game is the camera/ viewing perspective. Getting a very different level which shows how tough passages through are and also how high some kicks are looped and why space is easy to chop off sometimes over distance.

Remi Moses
21-08-2020, 10:44 PM
Almost as cooked as Bruce & BT's excruciating double act.

My god it was cooked before it began
Bruce is just so bloody creepy and Taylor is nauseating to put it mildly

jeemak
21-08-2020, 11:03 PM
I like how they have to say things about the footy three times each. Bouncing, bouncing, bouncing, or coming back, coming back, coming back or almost, almost, almost.

Just shitheads with lucrative jobs.

And when I say shitheads, I literally mean their heads are full of shit. If there was ever a poo shortage I know where I'd be looking first.

Remi Moses
21-08-2020, 11:04 PM
What about the patronizing crap Taylor’s going on with ....
Indigenous round and they’re talking to some ordinary ex player about big brother
What a time to be alive ! :rolleyes:

Doc26
21-08-2020, 11:14 PM
How clean was Jack Martin. Just on a different plane skill wise. It’s hard to stomach but the Blues have picked up an absolute steal.

jeemak
21-08-2020, 11:18 PM
How clean was Jack Martin. Just on a different plane skill wise. It’s hard to stomach but the Blues have picked up an absolute steal.

He's good. That MJP fellow rated him pretty highly from memory, gets one or two right doesn't he.

Sedat
21-08-2020, 11:26 PM
He's good. That MJP fellow rated him pretty highly from memory, gets one or two right doesn't he.
Thanks Bruce

Sedat
21-08-2020, 11:29 PM
Pretty powerful display by the Blues - they should have won by at least 12 goals on balance of play. They are building into the season and are a big chance for finals with their favourable draw.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
21-08-2020, 11:30 PM

Call it misguided parochialism, I'd be more inclined to sing his praises if he'd have chosen our overtures than that of The Cheats...but good luck to the fellow all the same: it's always good when true talent is fulfilled.

jeemak
21-08-2020, 11:30 PM
Thanks Bruce

I'm glad someone got it.

Also not the use of fellow.

Remi Moses
21-08-2020, 11:32 PM
Surely the coaches could have Simpson on Flanders
Oh dear god the crows are unleashing someone called Butts

soupman
21-08-2020, 11:35 PM
Absolutely pathetic coverage tonight.

BT declaring how the locals would be impressed by the "big, bright lights" of the footy as if they were a bunch of neanderthals time travelled to Cazaly's.

BT spending most of the first half accompanying any shot of the crowd with cries of "look at them, they're just so overawed and excitable" like they are some curiosity at the local zoo.

Bruce excruciatingly creaming himself when Eddie Betts was even in frame.

Woeful banter from all involved.

A bizarre half time interview with Daniel Gorringe (repeated from the pre-match coverage in case people wanted to see it twice) who was there because he played for both clubs and joked about it being the Gorringe cup. Which is fine, but surely it's a bit tone deaf to o that in indigenous round, and imagine having Jack Martin, indigenous player, gun player, who has played for both clubs, and has yet to play against Gold Coast, and is having a career best season, and saying "nah we will go with the guy that keeps making the same joke on twitter about how shit he is, he'll be much better. Make sure he gets a joke in there about how Sonia said the wrong name when announcing the Big Brother winner. That'd be a hoot".

Embarrassing play by play commentary, when they could be bothered, which generally favoured excitedly yelling the same word over and over, going over the top when McKay kicks a point, and misidentifying players, particularly the indigenous ones.

And finally, a bizarre minute where they ignored general play to talk about Irving Mosquito being named for Essendon and the astonishing revelation that the "world mosquito day" was yesterday, just two days before his debut. Incredible.

I know footy is the least of our problems in this regard, but media in this country is f*cked.

jeemak
21-08-2020, 11:38 PM
Pretty powerful display by the Blues - they should have won by at least 12 goals on balance of play. They are building into the season and are a big chance for finals with their favourable draw.

They're an interesting prospect the Blues. Was thinking about their progress today and wondering how much improvement they have in them this year, but more so beyond.

Teague's an interesting story. I've known him by a bit less than six degrees separation over the years and he has been through the wringer with some personal issues with family and close friends etc. and he's pretty grounded - albeit very straight laced, but he is seriously modern in the way he looks at the game. He's also gone out in public every day of his life after winning a B&F with people probably going to tell him he's the worst B&F winner of all time at the Carlton footy club.

Guess what I'm saying is, he's made of really strong stuff.

Remi Moses
21-08-2020, 11:44 PM
Agree jeemak , he looks a good coach
Blues are on the rise , sadly
Martin would have been a nice step up from Dale and Lloyd .

jeemak
21-08-2020, 11:52 PM
Absolutely pathetic coverage tonight.

BT declaring how the locals would be impressed by the "big, bright lights" of the footy as if they were a bunch of neanderthals time travelled to Cazaly's.

BT spending most of the first half accompanying any shot of the crowd with cries of "look at them, they're just so overawed and excitable" like they are some curiosity at the local zoo.

Bruce excruciatingly creaming himself when Eddie Betts was even in frame.

Woeful banter from all involved.

A bizarre half time interview with Daniel Gorringe (repeated from the pre-match coverage in case people wanted to see it twice) who was there because he played for both clubs and joked about it being the Gorringe cup. Which is fine, but surely it's a bit tone deaf to o that in indigenous round, and imagine having Jack Martin, indigenous player, gun player, who has played for both clubs, and has yet to play against Gold Coast, and is having a career best season, and saying "nah we will go with the guy that keeps making the same joke on twitter about how shit he is, he'll be much better. Make sure he gets a joke in there about how Sonia said the wrong name when announcing the Big Brother winner. That'd be a hoot".

Embarrassing play by play commentary, when they could be bothered, which generally favoured excitedly yelling the same word over and over, going over the top when McKay kicks a point, and misidentifying players, particularly the indigenous ones.

And finally, a bizarre minute where they ignored general play to talk about Irving Mosquito being named for Essendon and the astonishing revelation that the "world mosquito day" was yesterday, just two days before his debut. Incredible.

I know footy is the least of our problems in this regard, but media in this country is f*cked.

Thanks for doing my work for me mate.

The patronising nature of the "look at them, they don't know which way to look" comment sent me into a bit of a spiral if I'm honest, I couldn't address what you did.

jeemak
21-08-2020, 11:56 PM
Can someone please put Stewie Dew into some sort of program. He's dying in front of us.

Sedat
21-08-2020, 11:57 PM
Why is anybody surprised that Ch 7 made an embarrassing hash of their coverage tonight? They are an abomination every single game that they broadcast.

Give me Dwayne Pipe and his annoying mannerisms for all eternity if Ch 7 can forever lose the footy broadcast rights.

jeemak
21-08-2020, 11:59 PM
Why is anybody surprised that Ch 7 made an embarrassing hash of their coverage tonight? They are an abomination every single game that they broadcast.

Give me Dwayne Pipe and his annoying mannerisms for all eternity if Ch 7 can forever lose the footy broadcast rights.

Can it be some other type of pipe?

Sedat
22-08-2020, 12:12 AM
Can it be some other type of pipe?
Pipe shits me but I cannot stomach every single aspect of the way Ch 7 broadcast the game. They sicken me.

jeemak
22-08-2020, 12:16 AM
Pipe shits me but I cannot stomach every single aspect of the way Ch 7 broadcast the game. They sicken me.

Yep, I'd take a hash, ice, DMT......whatever over the Dwayne Pipe, but you're right, he's actually wriggled his way into the least worst of the options somehow.

bulldogsthru&thru
22-08-2020, 01:06 AM
Bruce said Betts had to kick a goal tonight. What because he’s indigenous and it’s indigenous round?

jeemak
22-08-2020, 01:18 AM
Bruce said Betts had to kick a goal tonight. What because he’s indigenous and it’s indigenous round?

Yes. In his mind, yes.

Recognition is one thing, but commercially viable recognition is another. As long as the black fellas* kick a few goals tonight, tomorrow and the next day everything's fine in the land of Ch7 and everyone else.

*I appreciate that as commentary might be offencive to members of this forum and other viewers. It wasn't intended to be. If you want me to remove the post I will do so, please message me.

Remi Moses
22-08-2020, 10:42 AM
Had a nightmare last night
Pipe and Bruce commentated together

bulldogsthru&thru
22-08-2020, 10:58 AM
Yes. In his mind, yes.

Recognition is one thing, but commercially viable recognition is another. As long as the black fellas* kick a few goals tonight, tomorrow and the next day everything's fine in the land of Ch7 and everyone else.

*I appreciate that as commentary might be offencive to members of this forum and other viewers. It wasn't intended to be. If you want me to remove the post I will do so, please message me.

It’s just another example of how prevalent non-hateful racism is among whites in the western world.

The Underdog
22-08-2020, 01:43 PM
How can it be they play Monday and then first up tonight? Stupid

5 games in 20 days.
Carlton has played 4 in 22 with a minimum 6 day break between each.
I understand that scheduling this season is a nightmare, but Gold Coast are taking schedule losses at the moment. They may not have won against Richmond or Carlton, but there was no chance they would given the circumstances.

bornadog
22-08-2020, 07:23 PM
Hawks have great diet and conditioning staff. They have done a great job with Patton and looking at Impy, he is looking really slim and fit. They did the same for Lake and he trimmed up.

Both Bruce and the Bont need to be looked at, as does Gowers (unless he is delisted and should be)

Grantysghost
22-08-2020, 07:24 PM
Stewie Dew ? :cool:

azabob
22-08-2020, 07:26 PM
BAD can you expand more on your theory on Bontempelli?

bornadog
22-08-2020, 07:29 PM
BAD can you expand more on your theory on Bontempelli?

I think he just needs to slim down a bit, that is all.

bornadog
22-08-2020, 07:30 PM
Stewie Dew ? :cool:

He is in danger territory

azabob
22-08-2020, 07:31 PM
I think he just needs to slim down a bit, that is all.

Body shapes are body shapes.

I reckon if he slimmed down he’s lose his power through his hips.

It doesn’t seem to impact his efforts and repeat efforts.

Remi Moses
22-08-2020, 08:09 PM
Brilliant goal by Butters at that stoppage
Thing of beauty

macca
22-08-2020, 08:16 PM
Hawks have great diet and conditioning staff. They have done a great job with Patton and looking at Impy, he is looking really slim and fit. They did the same for Lake and he trimmed up.

Both Bruce and the Bont need to be looked at, as does Gowers (unless he is delisted and should be)

+ scully to that as well

they got him for a bargain, GWS paying some of his salary

jeemak
22-08-2020, 08:28 PM
I disagree on Bontempelli. It's just his body type and he's strong and running well.

Remi Moses
22-08-2020, 09:25 PM
Can’t say I’ve noticed with The Bont
He’s been brilliant

Remi Moses
22-08-2020, 09:26 PM
+ scully to that as well

they got him for a bargain, GWS paying some of his salary

That might be so , but Scully is nowhere near the player he was

bornadog
22-08-2020, 11:49 PM
I disagree on Bontempelli. It's just his body type and he's strong and running well.

That's ok, and you are probably right

jeemak
23-08-2020, 02:08 AM

At least put up a fight Michael. Haven't you noticed this place is essentially the internet equivalent of Mad Max these days?

The Doctor
23-08-2020, 07:32 AM
Brilliant goal by Butters at that stoppage
Thing of beauty

yep ruckman down to the rover at full speed. great play

EasternWest
23-08-2020, 11:25 AM
that's ok, and you are probably right

ruok?

Happy Days
23-08-2020, 11:29 AM

Coward. Bont is fat is a courageous and brave opinion that I wanted to see expounded on.

bornadog
23-08-2020, 11:29 AM
ruok?

Couldn't be bothered :D

Grantysghost
23-08-2020, 12:03 PM
Couldn't be bothered :D

I'm blaming Asics. Their jumper sizing since the ill fated Jackson Trengove XXXL jumper reveal debacle has been contentious to say the least.
My take: his jumper is too small.

https://i.postimg.cc/j54kTn6H/Screenshot-20200823-110148-Chrome.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

comrade
23-08-2020, 03:07 PM
Danger is a protected species.

Adelaide is right in this game but just keep making glaring unforced errors at the wrong time to let the Cats off.

Remi Moses
23-08-2020, 04:01 PM
Danger field just rips young Murphy’s head off
Did he duck ? Hudson says
Honestly , this fanboi B/S is nauseating

bulldogsthru&thru
23-08-2020, 05:30 PM
Watching the top teams this week it’s clear the only difference between them and us is pressure and intensity. Port, brisbane, Geelong, saints are not that much better than us at all. The only difference is their intensity doesn’t drop to non existant like ours does.

As an aside, this years premier will be one of the most ordinary. Unless it’s us of course.

comrade
23-08-2020, 06:08 PM
Fair dinkum, most weeks Hipwood can't hit the side of a barn yet flushed them against us. Shocking kick for goal.

Grantysghost
23-08-2020, 06:13 PM
Their poor kicking keeping the aints in it. He does look to have a poor technique. So does Naughts but he has leg strength at least.
Gee we really missed one with Butler hes a ripper small forward.

1eyedog
23-08-2020, 06:38 PM
Need Brissie to hold on

comrade
23-08-2020, 07:48 PM
WC are terrifying in full flight. Just an endless array of aerial threats.

azabob
23-08-2020, 08:14 PM

I’m not watching but are the giants being anything but witches hats?

comrade
23-08-2020, 08:16 PM
I’m not watching but are the giants being anything but witches hats?

They're having a crack but WC are just clinical with the ball. Win possession, kick, mark, kick, mark, goal.

azabob
23-08-2020, 08:18 PM
They're having a crack but WC are just clinical with the ball. Win possession, kick, mark, kick, mark, goal.

Ah ok. They were like that after quarter time against the Pies.

azabob
24-08-2020, 01:06 PM

Did you watch the end of the game? What changed in particular to get the giants back in it?

azabob
24-08-2020, 01:15 PM
Need Brissie to hold on

Did you see the first minute of the game where Tim Memberey managed to stop two St.Kilda goals within ten seconds?

It was one of most bizarre incidents i have seen on on a footy field!

jeemak
24-08-2020, 02:36 PM
Did you watch the end of the game? What changed in particular to get the giants back in it?

Not sure if they just smartened up their ball use and running, or whether WC already felt they'd done enough and took the foot off a bit.

The game seemed to me to be one where WC executed when they had to and were always in control, albeit with the Giants not playing particularly well and always with a sniff.

azabob
24-08-2020, 02:42 PM
Not sure if they just smartened up their ball use and running, or whether WC already felt they'd done enough and took the foot off a bit.

The game seemed to me to be one where WC executed when they had to and were always in control, albeit with the Giants not playing particularly well and always with a sniff.

This year is full of examples where clubs have a burst and get a match wining lead and then shut up shop just to get through.

Rocket Science
24-08-2020, 08:38 PM
Collingwood continue to roll like a team that's not particularly fussed about a finals spot, bless them.

Remi Moses
24-08-2020, 09:27 PM
Brisbane’s bad kicking is killing them
Really lucky win in the end
Should have been 5 goals up early in the third
Gave the saints a sniff, and they fluffed it
Not convinced with Brisbane

Remi Moses
24-08-2020, 09:28 PM
Horrendous game tonight

bornadog
25-08-2020, 05:25 PM
North has started tanking:

North Melbourne has approached the AFL about selling its last home game to West Coast, giving the Eagles an extra game in Perth on the eve of the finals:

azabob
25-08-2020, 05:35 PM

North Melbourne has approached the AFL about selling its last home game to West Coast, giving the Eagles an extra game in Perth on the eve of the finals:

I put this in the Hubs thread as you had already started unloading on West Coast in that thread!

GVGjr
25-08-2020, 05:36 PM

They have hit some huge financial hurdles by not being able to play games in TAS
I don't think they're tanking just looking for a way to add to their income

bornadog
25-08-2020, 05:41 PM
I put this in the Hubs thread as you had already started unloading on West Coast in that thread!

missed it, sorry

Grantysghost
25-08-2020, 05:43 PM
They have hit some huge financial hurdles by not being able to play games in TAS
I don't think they're tanking just looking for a way to add to their income

It massively compromises this already compromised season. Hey let's pay to let the non viral bank another 4 points.

GVGjr
25-08-2020, 06:01 PM
It massively compromises this already compromised season. Hey let's pay to let the non viral bank another 4 points.

It's a great move by West Coast to position themselves for a nice run into the finals and they have the cash to splash around

Remi Moses
25-08-2020, 08:02 PM
Norf have already disbanded their stand alone Vfl team
May not be alone there
It’s tough times and call for ways to generate other income

soupman
27-08-2020, 06:35 PM
Essendon getting absolutely embarrassed ere by the Hawks.

soupman
27-08-2020, 06:38 PM
I know we overhandball at times but Essendon just keep doing it until they turn it over, and on the rare occasion they kick its not good.

Rocket Science
27-08-2020, 06:39 PM
CARNA HAWKERS

7.10 to 2.4 at half time and Esserdon want NO part of it.

If not already, this game'd be well and truly over had the Hawks kicked straighter.

Rocket Science
27-08-2020, 07:23 PM
CARNA HAWKERS

7.10 to 2.4 at half time and Esserdon want NO part of it.

If not already, this game'd be well and truly over had the Hawks kicked straighter.

Foolish of me to forget it's 2020 and teams now take turns embarrassing themselves.

WAKE UP HAWKS

Remi Moses
27-08-2020, 07:46 PM
What a change in this game

Topdog
27-08-2020, 07:46 PM
This is flat out embarrassing for the Hawks

Remi Moses
27-08-2020, 08:03 PM
Wouldn’t want to be the wall in the hawthorn coaches box

Grantysghost
27-08-2020, 08:07 PM
Crows v Bye ... a battle for the ages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk7zTcl1N3s&feature=share

Grantysghost
27-08-2020, 08:57 PM
Tigers v Eagles a ripper. The opposite of whatever the previous game was.
I think this is a prelude to the big dance.

bornadog
27-08-2020, 09:49 PM
West Coast not so hot away from their home ground

Grantysghost
27-08-2020, 09:59 PM
West Coast not so hot away from their home ground
What makes Tigers so good ? They NEVER go backwards. But I don't think their list is that much better than the other good sides.
Is it their 16-22 being so good ? Shai Bolton crikey hes a talent.

comrade
27-08-2020, 10:00 PM
What makes Tigers so good ? They NEVER go backwards. But I don't think their list is that much better than the other good sides.

Pat Lipinski was drafted 1 pick before Bolton.

bornadog
27-08-2020, 10:01 PM

They have lost very few players and minimal injuries - helps alot

Grantysghost
27-08-2020, 10:03 PM
Pat Lipinski was drafted 1 pick before Bolton.

*pained sounds*

Grantysghost
27-08-2020, 10:10 PM

They have moved a few. Butler, Conca, Ellis, Lloyd.... but yep probably a good point the core has remained. Can we check their salary cap ?

And they've found talent like Balta, Bolton, Pickett, Baker. They might be getting better.

jeemak
28-08-2020, 02:23 AM
I'm really looking forward to taking on the Eagles, to me they look great on their terms but they were smashed tonight.

Last week's game was a huge harbinger for how they will play the rest of the rounds out, and the fact they're paying to have an additional home game vs. staying in the hub is a bit of a tell for how they think they're going. A soft underbelly is emerging - especially given their performance and piss-moaning about their last hub experience.

azabob
28-08-2020, 07:11 AM
They have moved a few. Butler, Conca, Ellis, Lloyd.... but yep probably a good point the core has remained. Can we check their salary cap ?

And they've found talent like Balta, Bolton, Pickett, Baker. They might be getting better.

I'd argue they have their fair share of injuries also, last year and also key players missing this year for various reasons.

Remi Moses
28-08-2020, 07:34 AM

They’ve had big injuries
Astbury and now grimes , plus Prestia and Edwards . Houli as well
Credit to their recruiting and coaching though as they’ve replaced pieces with great recruiting
They’re also an example of sticking fat with the coach as well . I’m sure hardwick would have been sacked here a few times

bornadog
28-08-2020, 05:29 PM
Melbourne have dropped McDonald.

Axe Man
28-08-2020, 05:41 PM
Melbourne have dropped McDonald.

Worried about their unhealthy food? Or are you talking about Tom? He must be getting used to it by now.

Reports that Bailey Fritsch has been dropped for turning up late to training....in a hub? How does that happen?

bornadog
28-08-2020, 06:36 PM
Worried about their unhealthy food? Or are you talking about Tom? He must be getting used to it by now.

Reports that Bailey Fritsch has been dropped for turning up late to training....in a hub? How does that happen?

Maybe Slept in

Remi Moses
29-08-2020, 07:42 PM
Gee GWS are giving freo a touch up
Jake Riccardi looks like a real find and you could see this building last week against the eagles
Bastards

Happy Days
29-08-2020, 07:48 PM
How on earth did they persist with that jerk Finlayson for 3 months over this guy Riccardi? He’s incredible!

azabob
29-08-2020, 08:24 PM
What was the knock on Riccardi?

jeemak
29-08-2020, 08:54 PM
The holding the ball rule is completely cooked. You get to the ball first and immediately have it pinned to you and sometimes they penalise you and sometimes they don't, and it's all as far as I can tell determined by whether you're pretending to get rid of it to the satisfaction of the umpires/ judges.

Just immediately ball it up, don't wait for rucks to be nominated and get on with it.

FrediKanoute
29-08-2020, 09:01 PM
How on earth did they persist with that jerk Finlayson for 3 months over this guy Riccardi? He’s incredible!

Riccardi....a cheap as chips forward that any club could have had but didn't.....

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
29-08-2020, 09:05 PM
The holding the ball rule is completely cooked. You get to the ball first and immediately have it pinned to you and sometimes they penalise you and sometimes they don't, and it's all as far as I can tell determined by whether you're pretending to get rid of it to the satisfaction of the umpires/ judges.

Just immediately ball it up, don't wait for rucks to be nominated and get on with it.

Yep.
I don't understand why the ruckmen have to nominate.
I don't like the removal of 3rd man up, but given they only want 2ceuckmen in the contest, just throw it up and if more than 2 go up, penalise that team. No need to make the players nominate like school kids.

Remi Moses
29-08-2020, 09:36 PM
I think stkilda’s transition game has been found out

The Underdog
29-08-2020, 09:37 PM

AFL took something that was a bit broken and smashed it against the floor until it was completely *!*!*!*!ed beyond repair. They’ve created an absolute confusing mess that even umpires can’t understand.

bulldogsthru&thru
29-08-2020, 09:42 PM
Isn’t the ruck nomination thing got to do with blocking so that you don’t block the ruckman? Or pretend you were the ruckman when you got blocked?

bulldogsthru&thru
29-08-2020, 09:42 PM
Gee I know as bulldogs supporters we can feel tortured but imagine being a Demons fan. The last 10 minutes of that quarter was woeful

Remi Moses
29-08-2020, 10:03 PM
Unless you’re over 70
Melbourne have been putrid

whythelongface
29-08-2020, 11:01 PM
That was an awful game of football. How we are not miles ahead of these teams on the table?

Remi Moses
29-08-2020, 11:05 PM
We’re beneath both those teams
That’s not good enough

Grantysghost
29-08-2020, 11:12 PM
Melbourne fans are piling my inbox what happened

Grantysghost
29-08-2020, 11:23 PM
That was an awful game of football. How we are not miles ahead of these teams on the table?
Surely you jest. We aren’t very good. Somehow we’ve made mediocre mediocre.

im being silly, but can you imagine us with Ryder.

whythelongface
30-08-2020, 02:22 AM
Surely you jest. We aren’t very good. Somehow we’ve made mediocre mediocre.

im being silly, but can you imagine us with Ryder.

Not at all. We are much better than those two teams (when we are at our best). Unfortunately we are too inconsistent and just can’t get our shit together.

merantau
30-08-2020, 10:00 AM
When we are good we are very good but when we're bad ...
There's too much 'one trick pony' and not enough 'all terraine vehicle' in our game. When all hands are on deck we run like a well oiled machine but if we're missing a few cogs things go pear shaped quick smart and we run around like headless chooks desperately looking for the spare gas bottle to get the barbie fired up again.

Now stick that lot into Google Translator and see what it comes out like in Swahili.

bornadog
30-08-2020, 06:30 PM
Liam Jones very impressive today, just the sort of Fullback we need.:mad:

josie
30-08-2020, 06:42 PM
Watching last quarter of pies vs blues and watched about 5 mins of 2nd qtr. Geez I like some of the Pies players Mihochek, Daicos and Moore. So exciting and reliable.

DOG GOD
30-08-2020, 06:54 PM
Watching last quarter of pies vs blues and watched about 5 mins of 2nd qtr. Geez I like some of the Pies players Mihochek, Daicos and Moore. So exciting and reliable.

Quaynor looking good off half back too.

mjp
30-08-2020, 06:58 PM

He's playing on Betts.

Of course he looks good.

azabob
30-08-2020, 07:05 PM

He looked all at sea in the first half even though he was playing in Betts.

EasternWest
30-08-2020, 07:34 PM
He looked all at sea in the first half even though he was playing in Betts.

That might explain his difficulty at having any impact.

DOG GOD
31-08-2020, 09:14 AM
He's playing on Betts.

Of course he looks good.

Fair enough

Axe Man
31-08-2020, 07:31 PM
Nicnat named to play tomorrow night, increases the chances of a rest against us?

azabob
31-08-2020, 08:20 PM
Nicnat named to play tomorrow night, increases the chances of a rest against us?

Hopeful thinking at best.

Remi Moses
31-08-2020, 09:04 PM
Didn’t see the game , but a great win by the pies
More significant outs than Carlton
Great to see Carlton get shown up as well

Remi Moses
01-09-2020, 09:07 PM
Wonderful to see Matthew Nicks get a win
Even more wonderful that it was Hawthorn
Anyone checked in on Kennett ?

Grantysghost
01-09-2020, 09:46 PM
Can we get two Bailey Smiths in our side. The Eagles version looks a decent tall/ruck prospect.

comrade
01-09-2020, 10:21 PM
Can we get two Bailey Smiths in our side. The Eagles version looks a decent tall/ruck prospect.

It’s a ruck factory at WC. Draft a raw 200cm lump and within 12 months an AFL quality big man is formed.

GVGjr
01-09-2020, 10:27 PM

Do you mean Bailey Williams?

Grantysghost
01-09-2020, 10:41 PM
Do you mean Bailey Williams?
Crikey yes I do thanks! Too many Baileys. Bailey J Williams for Eagles.

Grantysghost
01-09-2020, 10:47 PM
It’s a ruck factory at WC. Draft a raw 200cm lump and within 12 months an AFL quality big man is formed.
I think there's a bit in what MJP says about bringing guys into a team with established players in important positions. Nic Nat be a decent ruck role model id expect. Really like the way Williams attacks the ball in the air.

GVGjr
01-09-2020, 11:02 PM
Crikey yes I do thanks! Too many Baileys. Bailey J Williams for Eagles.

He was selected around the pick we used on Vandermeer
A couple of years back he was seen as a sure fire top 5 pick and he would be an ideal player for us given he can fill a few roles
I wonder if he is strong enough in any of those positions though but his overall versatility would be appealing

West Coast have a few ruck man on their list and view the importance of the position very different to the way we do
Josh Kennedy rarely gets used in the ruck even for a throw in or bounce deep in the forward line nor does Jack Darling, they even use 195cm Jarrod Brander as a midfielder. They have 5 ruck man on the list

Axe Man
01-09-2020, 11:22 PM
Potential Shuey injury

Sedat
01-09-2020, 11:27 PM
West Coast have 5 days to our game and then 4 days to St Kilda. I wonder if they rest a few against us, in addition to Shuey out with a hammy.

Axe Man
01-09-2020, 11:30 PM
West Coast have 5 days to our game and then 4 days to St Kilda. I wonder if they rest a few against us, in addition to Shuey out with a hammy.

Hopefully. Nicnat only played 59% game time so he may not be rested. Gaff must be a machine - 100%.

Grantysghost
01-09-2020, 11:32 PM
Noticed Stringer had 4 handballs. That's it. Waste of talent.

bornadog
01-09-2020, 11:35 PM

Maybe Kennedy maynot recover either

bornadog
01-09-2020, 11:36 PM
Noticed Stringer had 4 handballs. That's it. Waste of talent.

Magnificent

Grantysghost
01-09-2020, 11:49 PM
Magnificent

I sold him short. 1 free against also.

bornadog
01-09-2020, 11:51 PM

Useless.

comrade
02-09-2020, 07:33 AM

He’s on the Josh Bruce conditioning program by the looks of it. Similar stat lines too.

Remi Moses
02-09-2020, 11:05 AM
Not sure Hub life suits Jakey
Can he get to a TAB?

bornadog
02-09-2020, 11:11 AM
Not sure Hub life suits Jakey
Can he get to a TAB?

He has his Phone

Rocket Science
02-09-2020, 10:52 PM
Imagine being a football club that can play poorly in phases but still find ways to win fairly comfortably, or win at all.

Wild man.

Axe Man
03-09-2020, 11:17 AM
Imagine being a football club that can play poorly in phases but still find ways to win fairly comfortably, or win at all.

Wild man.

Unfortunately we aren't at that point yet, if we are off like Richmond were last night we will lose to Freo.

Sedat
03-09-2020, 06:34 PM
Early days but Melbourne currently on track to do Melbourne things

bornadog
03-09-2020, 06:38 PM

7.2 to 2.4 late in the first half.

Edit Half Time

Rocket Science
03-09-2020, 06:39 PM

This makes my heart swell.

Sydney half way towards doing us a very big solid.

comrade
03-09-2020, 06:41 PM
How are we competing with Melbourne for a spot in the 8?

ratsmac
03-09-2020, 06:42 PM
This makes my heart swell.

Sydney half way towards doing us a very big solid.

Indeed!

Grantysghost
03-09-2020, 06:44 PM
How are we competing with Melbourne for a spot in the 8?

Probably just that Saints win the difference. Agree they're a talented side with a terrible culture.
Mind you the swans do have some decent kids when they're on. But still....you're right.

Happy Days
03-09-2020, 06:52 PM
Park the bus Swans.

Sedat
03-09-2020, 08:00 PM
Despite having the bye, we could actually climb a spot on the ladder to 9th if Carlton win by 14-24 points tonight.

Melbourne sure know how to break their fans' hearts. What an unmitigated disaster for them.

Remi Moses
03-09-2020, 08:00 PM
What a win !
How Melbourney
Thought it was a frustrating exercise following our club
Dees , Hold my beer

Rocket Science
03-09-2020, 08:01 PM
There are few constants in life but the Dees reliably doing their thing is one of them to savour.

https://i.ibb.co/bWVP28z/Screen-Shot-2020-09-03-at-7-00-50-pm.png (https://imgbb.com/)

Remi Moses
03-09-2020, 08:04 PM
Probably just that Saints win the difference. Agree they're a talented side with a terrible culture.
Mind you the swans do have some decent kids when they're on. But still....you're right.

Never been more prevalent this year as to when you get teams in the fixture
Melbourne got Collingwood in a 4th game in 14 days in 3 states and the saints when they’ve tailed off .

ratsmac
03-09-2020, 08:05 PM
Cheer cheer the red and the white!

Remi Moses
03-09-2020, 08:06 PM
Plastics v Carlton
Can’t stand either team
I think we need Carlton to win

azabob
03-09-2020, 08:10 PM
Despite having the bye, we could actually climb a spot on the ladder to 9th if Carlton win by 14-24 points tonight.

Melbourne sure know how to break their fans' hearts. What an unmitigated disaster for them.

But does Carlton % jump above ours?

Grantysghost
03-09-2020, 08:21 PM
Who do we want to win out of GWS A v GWS B?

Sedat
03-09-2020, 08:22 PM
But does Carlton % jump above ours?
Only if they win by more than 24 points. Iso lockdown maths boredom

1eyedog
03-09-2020, 08:30 PM
Who do we want to win out of GWS A v GWS B?

Hoping one of these teams win, even if does benefit us, feels downright disgusting.

Grantysghost
03-09-2020, 08:36 PM
Hoping one of these teams win, even if does benefit us, feels downright disgusting.

Scrubbing brush in shower stuff.

azabob
03-09-2020, 08:37 PM
Only if they win by more than 24 points. Iso lockdown maths boredom

Chances of this happening are now 50/50. Carlton have started well.

comrade
03-09-2020, 08:39 PM
Some decent rooting going on tonight.

HOSE B ROMERO
03-09-2020, 08:45 PM
Given their respective remaining fixtures, I'm leaning towards Carlton but on the flipside they have been my most disliked team for a long, long time. Whatever way it goes, i would go to bed tonight feeling content.

Sedat
03-09-2020, 09:25 PM
Carlton win would be much more beneficial for us. If GWS get up they will be a win and some percentage ahead of us in 8th place. If the Blues win we are only out of the top 8 on percentage.

ratsmac
03-09-2020, 09:44 PM
GWS and Carlton both rooting for us it would seem. Neither side wants to win this. Terrible kicking for goal

azabob
03-09-2020, 09:45 PM
One goal between two teams in just under two quarters.

azabob
03-09-2020, 09:49 PM
Two goals Fourteen behinds in two quarters of football.

DOG GOD
03-09-2020, 09:50 PM
The goal kicking has Horrendous....luckily for us woofers.
Cmon blues !!!!

Rocket Science
03-09-2020, 09:51 PM
Jeremy Cameron and being invisible in games that matter, name a more iconic duo. I'll wait.

HOSE B ROMERO
03-09-2020, 09:53 PM
Anyone who buys this seasons highlights dvd needs therapy.

DOG GOD
03-09-2020, 10:05 PM
Carl desperately need a goal.

DOG GOD
03-09-2020, 10:06 PM
Gws should go on with it now

Rocket Science
03-09-2020, 10:07 PM
Well shit, just when everything was coming up Milhouse we jinxed it.

Pull the freakin' finger out you filthy Bluebaggers.

comrade
03-09-2020, 10:07 PM
Allowing Carlton to trounce us is one of the more baffling things about 2020.

bornadog
03-09-2020, 10:10 PM
Well shit, just when everything was coming up Milhouse we jinxed it.

Pull the freakin' finger out you filthy Bluebaggers.

Put it this way, Carlton lose, snuffs them out

DOG GOD
03-09-2020, 10:12 PM
GWS to play Adel, Melb and Stk last 3. I think it’s pretty safe to say they’ve made the 8.

azabob
03-09-2020, 10:13 PM
Can any one actually articulate why Riccardi was overlooked for a few drafts?

bornadog
03-09-2020, 10:19 PM
GWS to play Adel, Melb and Stk last 3. I think it’s pretty safe to say they’ve made the 8.

Do the ladder predictor and see where it ends up. I have us finishing either 6th or 7th depending on who wins the Saints v GWS game.

https://www.afl.com.au/ladder?Competition=1&CompSeason=20&GameWeeks=441&ShowBettingOdds=1&Live=0#predictor/18

I have the Saints missing out

DOG GOD
03-09-2020, 10:25 PM
Do the ladder predictor and see where it ends up. I have us finishing either 6th or 7th depending on who wins the Saints v GWS game.

https://www.afl.com.au/ladder?Competition=1&CompSeason=20&GameWeeks=441&ShowBettingOdds=1&Live=0#predictor/18

I’ve got us finishing 9th on %

Sedat
03-09-2020, 10:30 PM
Terrible result - stupid Blues. We could now win all 3 and still miss out, currently being a game and percentage out of the 8.

GWS, St Kilda and Melbourne all have easy fixtures next round so at best we will most likely still be a game and percentage out of the top 8 with 2 rounds to go even if we knock off West Coast.

azabob
03-09-2020, 10:33 PM

My ladder predictor has us ending up 7th and then you don’t need to guess what happens next....

Grantysghost
03-09-2020, 10:38 PM
Anyone who buys this seasons highlights dvd needs therapy.

Could be used to torture patient zero ?

angelopetraglia
03-09-2020, 10:43 PM
Blues. Stuffed that up.

Rocket Science
03-09-2020, 10:44 PM

What's more how do we miss on a bloke who was running around in our backyard for Werribee and the Calder Cannons?

Sedat
03-09-2020, 10:49 PM
Jeremy Cameron and being invisible in games that matter, name a more iconic duo. I'll wait.
Stringer and a TAB?
Stringer and a high school?

Grantysghost
03-09-2020, 10:49 PM
The Plastics v Aints last round game could be a decider.

bornadog
03-09-2020, 11:11 PM
I’ve got us finishing 9th on %

Yeah will depend on a few results. We need Collingwood and Saints to lose games as well as GWS.

Grantysghost
04-09-2020, 10:16 PM
Harris Andrews hamstring injury for Lions. They'll be praying it's low grade.

Sedat
04-09-2020, 11:14 PM
Always a good result when the filth lose. Even better that they have now been sucked back into the chasing pack. They only have 2 games left - tricky one against Gold Coast and then Port in the final round.

Brisbane underwhelming again but keep ekeing out the W's.

comrade
04-09-2020, 11:17 PM
Always a good result when the filth lose. Even better that they have now been sucked back into the chasing pack.

Brisbane underwhelming again but keep ekeing out the W's.

Brisbane looked impotent up forward in the second half from what I saw. Big question marks over them against the likes of WC, Gee & Richmond who will just punish low quality entries (and inaccurate goal kicking).

merantau
04-09-2020, 11:17 PM
Lions pressure was immense after quarter time and the Pies just couldn't go with them. Big win.

Remi Moses
04-09-2020, 11:23 PM
Collingwood’s forward line is a debacle
Mason Cox is not the answer and Stephenson is either horrible or great .
Gee Grundy is really battling and they go into games to tall
Brisvegas were great in the middle part of this game but just hung on
Andrews is a massive blow, but thankfully they’ve got old glass feet Adams :rolleyes:

Sedat
04-09-2020, 11:25 PM
Brisbane looked impotent up forward in the second half from what I saw. Big question marks over them against the likes of WC, Gee & Richmond who will just punish low quality entries (and inaccurate goal kicking).
They won with a 5 minute burst in the 2nd qtr and were outplayed for most of the night, aided by Collingwood's horrendous F50 entries. That's not going to fly in finals.

Sedat
04-09-2020, 11:38 PM
Average team score this round was 49.75. Remarkably Adelaide kicked the sweep with 83 points.

I reckon it has been the worst round of footy I've ever seen. Every game was horrendous - tonight's pressure was good but skills were terrible. All other games this round were borderline unwatchable.

bornadog
04-09-2020, 11:49 PM
Average team score this round was 49.75. Remarkably Adelaide kicked the sweep with 83 points.

I reckon it has been the worst round of footy I've ever seen. Every game was horrendous - tonight's pressure was good but skills were terrible. All other games this round were borderline unwatchable.

Why is it that most games this season, teams can't kick a score?

Sedat
05-09-2020, 12:04 AM
Why is it that most games this season, teams can't kick a score?
Shorter game time is obviously a factor. But the relaxing of HTB in the last few weeks has made the game congestion-heavy once again. The harsher HTB interpretation for those few weeks after Clarko's whinge undoubtedly reduced congestion and repeat stoppages, and made for higher scoring. I know not everyone agrees but I hoped that interpretation would continue as the games definitely flowed more freely and teams were already structuring up with more players in position to take advantage the faster ball movement.

Also during these compressed fixtures with 4-5 day breaks, teams are short chipping the ball for long periods to try and take as much time out of the game as possible. We urgently need to extend the minimum legal kick to at least 25m next season to counter this.

jeemak
05-09-2020, 10:18 PM
The Kangaroos are going backwards at a rate of knots, which isn't a good sign for a team with a first year coach.

azabob
05-09-2020, 10:20 PM
The Kangaroos are going backwards at a rate of knots, which isn't a good sign for a team with a first year coach.

Who is closer to Rhode, Shaw or Nicks?

jeemak
05-09-2020, 10:21 PM
Shorter game time is obviously a factor. But the relaxing of HTB in the last few weeks has made the game congestion-heavy once again. The harsher HTB interpretation for those few weeks after Clarko's whinge undoubtedly reduced congestion and repeat stoppages, and made for higher scoring. I know not everyone agrees but I hoped that interpretation would continue as the games definitely flowed more freely and teams were already structuring up with more players in position to take advantage the faster ball movement.

Also during these compressed fixtures with 4-5 day breaks, teams are short chipping the ball for long periods to try and take as much time out of the game as possible. We urgently need to extend the minimum legal kick to at least 25m next season to counter this.

The HTB rule was being adjudicated in the most stupid of ways. I get the intent and I understand your point of view but there's nothing wrong with balling the ball up immediately rather than pinging folks unlucky enough to get to the ball first.

Not sure extending the minimum kick distance is going to help, much like it didn't last time. Using the kick to stretch zones would be easier if the minimum kicking distance was shorter.

Grantysghost
05-09-2020, 10:31 PM
Who is closer to Rhode, Shaw or Nicks?

Shaw seemed like such a North thing to do. He was caretaker and the only one interviewed.
They just look so far away with that list and their appeal to other talent. Really been hit by the talent drain to the expansion sides I think.

jeemak
05-09-2020, 10:44 PM
I'm really enjoying the glorification of Charlie Dixon this season. Apparently he is a big man.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
05-09-2020, 11:07 PM
I'm really enjoying the glorification of Charlie Dixon this season. Apparently he is a big man.

Its a bit much isnt it.
Have you noticed how huge he is??
You'd think he's bloody Andre the Giant the way they go on.

He's got some good attributes, providing he's in a good team. Because heaven help Port if they were to struggle, because I don't think he'd be the one to lift them out of it.

jeemak
05-09-2020, 11:13 PM
Its a bit much isnt it.
Have you noticed how huge he is??
You'd think he's bloody Andre the Giant the way they go on.

He's got some good attributes, providing he's in a good team. Because heaven help Port if they were to struggle, because I don't think he'd be the one to lift them out of it.

It's actually strange. Almost like high school type adoration coming out of the little kids who arse kiss the bigger kids, but instead of being kids it's from grown men (in terms of age).

macca
06-09-2020, 04:40 AM

Good article here : https://amp.theage.com.au/sport/afl/astonishing-how-choco-turned-jake-riccardi-into-a-giant-prospect-20200830-p55qod.html

How many more forwards from werribe can we keep overlook?
Ben brown , podsiadly , sigh....

Grantysghost
06-09-2020, 12:43 PM
Harris Andrew hamstring worse than first thought. Could be out 5 weeks....big blow for Lions chances.

Happy Days
06-09-2020, 12:47 PM
Harris Andrew hamstring worse than first thought. Could be out 5 weeks....big blow for Lions chances.

Lions look like a dead duck. Going to be interesting to see how the AFL legislates them into the GF.

azabob
06-09-2020, 04:50 PM
Gee, Essendon are nearly as bad as the 7 commentary team.

EasternWest
06-09-2020, 04:59 PM

Now that's a damning indictment.

Rocket Science
06-09-2020, 05:19 PM
Is midway through the second quarter too soon to head over to Bombre Blitz?

azabob
06-09-2020, 05:19 PM

No. I went there at the 15 minute mark.

Grantysghost
06-09-2020, 05:20 PM
62 to 8 with 10 left in the second. Have two coaches been sacked before for the same side?

azabob
06-09-2020, 05:22 PM
62 to 8 with 10 left in the second. Have two coaches been sacked before for the same side?

That did make me laugh!

Sedat
06-09-2020, 06:32 PM
Not even Adelaide are that bad

jeemak
06-09-2020, 06:48 PM
Did I just hear Bruce say that Mosquito has a beautiful face?

DOG GOD
06-09-2020, 06:51 PM

Hmm I wasn’t sure if I heard that too...wow

jeemak
06-09-2020, 06:58 PM
Hmm I wasn’t sure if I heard that too...wow

I'm working at my desk/ kitchen table and the footy's on the TV...…….and it sounded like something cooked was said but I wasn't sure.

So patronising if that's what he's said.

merantau
06-09-2020, 06:59 PM
I headed over to BB straight after Tippa's brain fade. Highly entertaining. This was a real belly laugh:

"Woosha on game day,reminds me of a middle aged supporter thats won a competition to sit on tbe bench for the day."

macca
07-09-2020, 04:00 AM
That did make me laugh!

Watch worsfold post game conference , its hilarious how deluded they are.
https://www.afl.com.au/video/497122/woosha-a-gap-between-us-and-top-four-sides?videoId=497122&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1599381936001
How many years has hurley got left ? Would he be a good fit in our team ? Hurley looked in dispair yesterday

merantau
07-09-2020, 08:36 AM
I really admire clever use of language. This bloke on BomberBlitz is a wordsmith.

"I reckon we need to send Dan Andrews out for the press conference:

“You guys ready to go?”

“We have 19,447 of cases of Essendon players caught ball watching. That’s an increase of 713 from yesterday.”

“There were another 435 instances of defenders not spoiling, and an alarming 325 missed targets in the forward line.”

“Once again, the Essignton virus is getting into the most vulnerable parts of the ground. The opposing goal square, the last 14 seconds of the quarter, this is a virus that doesn’t discriminate.”

“And it is highly contagious. Contrary to the belief in the community, it doesn’t just impact the older players – your Hurleys, your Devon Smiths. It even impacts our youngest players – players who had their whole future ahead of them. Not even Jordan Ridley is immune to Essington.”

“I want to credit our really brave Essendon Football Club workers. Day in, day out, they go into the frontline of the absolute shitshow that is the Essendon Football Club. The mental toll that this takes cannot be underestimated.”

“Finally, let me be clear. Just because we want this season to be over, and believe me no one wants it to be over more than me, we cannot pretend that it is. We need to continue to fight Essington. Or we will never recover.”

Bulldog4life
07-09-2020, 11:29 AM

Bailey Fritsch out of contract this year too.

Rocket Science
07-09-2020, 08:42 PM
Melbourne on track to kick four points for the game and I'm here for it.

Don't f**k it up Freo.

Rocket Science
07-09-2020, 09:07 PM
It feels surprisingly natural to get around Freo because they've owned Melbourne for a half yet failed to punish them on the scoreboard.

If the Dees - who are playing for their finals lives - were up against any other half decent outfit this game would be over.

bornadog
07-09-2020, 09:53 PM

Out for a year with ACL

Rocket Science
07-09-2020, 09:54 PM
LOLDees have the princely sum of two goals in three quarters of football against Fremantle, one of which came from a generous free kick.

How the actual f**k are we competing with this mob for a finals spot?

Grantysghost
07-09-2020, 09:56 PM
Walters tearing them a new one. Melbourne are very average. Viney only one who seems to give a sh1t.

EasternWest
07-09-2020, 10:02 PM
I really admire clever use of language. This bloke on BomberBlitz is a wordsmith.

"I reckon we need to send Dan Andrews out for the press conference:

“You guys ready to go?”

“We have 19,447 of cases of Essendon players caught ball watching. That’s an increase of 713 from yesterday.”

“There were another 435 instances of defenders not spoiling, and an alarming 325 missed targets in the forward line.”

“Once again, the Essignton virus is getting into the most vulnerable parts of the ground. The opposing goal square, the last 14 seconds of the quarter, this is a virus that doesn’t discriminate.”

“And it is highly contagious. Contrary to the belief in the community, it doesn’t just impact the older players – your Hurleys, your Devon Smiths. It even impacts our youngest players – players who had their whole future ahead of them. Not even Jordan Ridley is immune to Essington.”

“I want to credit our really brave Essendon Football Club workers. Day in, day out, they go into the frontline of the absolute shitshow that is the Essendon Football Club. The mental toll that this takes cannot be underestimated.”

“Finally, let me be clear. Just because we want this season to be over, and believe me no one wants it to be over more than me, we cannot pretend that it is. We need to continue to fight Essington. Or we will never recover.”

That's quality.

Grantysghost
07-09-2020, 10:09 PM
This kid Cerra for Freo looks a super prospect.

josie
07-09-2020, 10:12 PM
[QUOTE=Grantysghost;696482]This kid Cerra for Freo looks a super prospect.[/QUOTE

Agree-a class above most on ground. Came on to post this and you beat me to it Grantysghost!!

He thinks creatively - some of his hand passes & kicks earlier in game were sublime (perhaps too laser like) and his teammates fluffed their lines. That nana goal is one of best goals I’ve seen this year. He is an exciting young player. Serong not bad either. Bradshaw tough and good disposal.

And yes please to Walters in RWB.

whythelongface
07-09-2020, 10:28 PM
Good night Melbourne. :D

Rocket Science
07-09-2020, 10:28 PM
Relief.

Shout out to Freo for pinching our mantle of being the new place recruited key forwards go to die circa McCarthy, Lobb & Hogan.

ratsmac
07-09-2020, 10:33 PM
How the hell does Gawn get away with constant pushing in the back to his opponent in the ruck contest? English didn't even touch Darling and it almost cost us the game. Gawn pushes his opponent 3 metres from behind with direct hands in his back and its play on.

Rocket Science
07-09-2020, 10:37 PM
The best bit about the Dees embarrassing themselves might be Gaddy Lyon turning on them with the spite of a thousand arseholes.

ratsmac
07-09-2020, 10:45 PM
The best bit about the Dees embarrassing themselves might be Gaddy Lyon turning on them with the spite of a thousand arseholes.
Reiwoldt and Brown just have to throw a tiny bit a bait out
and Lyon and Healy pounce. Its just beautiful to watch.

Sedat
07-09-2020, 10:57 PM
Good job Melbourne.

We now desperately need Melbourne to stop doing Melbourne things and win this week against GWS.

bornadog
07-09-2020, 11:09 PM
Good job Melbourne.

We now desperately need Melbourne to stop doing Melbourne things and win this week against GWS.

Crows turn first

Bulldog Joe
07-09-2020, 11:49 PM
How the hell does Gawn get away with constant pushing in the back to his opponent in the ruck contest? English didn't even touch Darling and it almost cost us the game. Gawn pushes his opponent 3 metres from behind with direct hands in his back and its play on.

I watched that and thought exactly the same thing.

The consistency in umpiring is the inconsistency.

Sedat
07-09-2020, 11:49 PM
Crows turn first
Why can't we have both? ;)

jeemak
08-09-2020, 12:58 AM
Out for a year with ACL

Better avoid the rush and sexualise him then.

jeemak
08-09-2020, 12:59 AM

The umpires are doing a great job, carry on.

Grantysghost
08-09-2020, 09:24 AM
Victorians care so much about each other and our native game don't we.

https://i.postimg.cc/5tT1DVQn/Screenshot-20200908-081815-Telegram.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Happy Days
08-09-2020, 09:39 AM
Victorians care so much about each other and our native game don't we.

https://i.postimg.cc/5tT1DVQn/Screenshot-20200908-081815-Telegram.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

One guess which suburb that sign got put up in.

EasternWest
08-09-2020, 12:00 PM
One guess which suburb that sign got put up in.

Rumour is the big suited local MP put it up himself.

Personally I'd be surprised if he had the wherewithal to drive the two posts into the ground.

Sedat
08-09-2020, 06:54 PM
Early days but there are red flags everywhere for GWS against the Crows. They look flat as a tack so far.

DOG GOD
08-09-2020, 07:11 PM
Early days but there are red flags everywhere for GWS against the Crows. They look flat as a tack so far.

They certainly do, but Crows need to take every opportunity. I get the feeling GWS could just land some quick arsy goals to get on top. Good signs so far.

azabob
08-09-2020, 07:14 PM

Better or worse than the first three quarters V Carlton?

Sedat
08-09-2020, 07:17 PM
Better or worse than the first three quarters V Carlton?
Getting smashed at clearances and conceding field position. Crows are denying them quick ball movement all over the ground so far.

DOG GOD
08-09-2020, 07:21 PM
The problem is, they are stopping GWS scoring, but aren’t scoring enough either. This has the Carlton game in the making, where they’ll probably win based on 1 quarter.

whythelongface
08-09-2020, 07:22 PM
The problem is, they are stopping GWS scoring, but aren’t scoring enough either. This has the Carlton game in the making, where they’ll probably win based on 1 quarter.

Yep when they miss sitters like that. C’mon Crows.

The Pie Man
08-09-2020, 07:32 PM
Yep when they miss sitters like that. C’mon Crows.

Said this out loud before and felt real dirty

DOG GOD
08-09-2020, 07:34 PM
GWS now starting get a bit more control.. not looking good.

The Pie Man
08-09-2020, 07:37 PM
Imagine that Coniglio shot on the siren for a win? Time would stop

HOSE B ROMERO
08-09-2020, 08:24 PM
Good Lord! Just remembered this match was being played.
Go Crowies!!