PDA

View Full Version : Trade Dunkley

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16

josie
23-06-2022, 10:41 PM
Gave up watching Dees vs lions - looks like lions are in need of a good mid to support Neale.

I know most hope we keep Dunkley but just spitballing: Would lions be interested in one of our mids eg Dunkley (who if he was open to move would at least be moving to a contender & possibly a leadership role too) and if so what could we expect in return? Given their likely too 4 finish you’d think it would involve a player exchange.

Grantysghost
23-06-2022, 10:47 PM
Gave up watching Dees vs lions - looks like lions are a good mid to support Neale.

I know most hope we keep Dunkley but just spitballing: Would lions be interested in one of our mids eg Dunkley (who if he was open to move would at least be moving to a contender & possibly a leadership role too) and if so what could we expect in return? Given their likely too 4 finish you’d think it would involve a player exchange.

Charlie Cameron!

Grantysghost
23-06-2022, 10:50 PM
Coach killer stuff from the Lions.

Clarkson up there you might have a shot.

Jackson's value just doubled.

jeemak
06-08-2022, 11:16 PM
Soooo.......what do we want to do when the inevitable happens?

The original post of the thread, which I think gets lost on some was this (and to me remains the same today):

I hate it as a concept because he's a premiership hero but we need to change up our mix in the midfield, as having three see ball get ball midfielders who are all of similar pace and size is leading to us being exposed. Aside from Smith there's a distinct lack of zip in the midfield mix and that needs to change.

To me Jacko and Bont are untouchable, so that unfortunately leaves us with one major card to play to change things up and that's putting Dunkley on the market and seeing whether we can bring in a quick established midfielder (not a world beater, but with defencive cred) and a reasonably high draft pick (early to mid second) to secure another.

The reason that this is necessary to me is that we don't have anyone good enough to replace him in the side and nobody coming through who can materially change the way our midfield operates due to its sameness in personnel.

What does everyone think? What is he worth to us?

Grantysghost
06-08-2022, 11:21 PM
Soooo.......what do we want to do when the inevitable happens?

The original post of the thread, which I think gets lost on some was this (and to me remains the same today):

I hate it as a concept because he's a premiership hero but we need to change up our mix in the midfield, as having three see ball get ball midfielders who are all of similar pace and size is leading to us being exposed. Aside from Smith there's a distinct lack of zip in the midfield mix and that needs to change.

To me Jacko and Bont are untouchable, so that unfortunately leaves us with one major card to play to change things up and that's putting Dunkley on the market and seeing whether we can bring in a quick established midfielder (not a world beater, but with defencive cred) and a reasonably high draft pick (early to mid second) to secure another.

The reason that this is necessary to me is that we don't have anyone good enough to replace him in the side and nobody coming through who can materially change the way our midfield operates due to its sameness in personnel.

What does everyone think? What is he worth to us?

25 and on form our best mid.

I’d be disappointed with less than a 10 to 15 range pick.

MrMahatma
07-08-2022, 12:06 AM
1%er king. We need him.

jeemak
07-08-2022, 12:11 AM
1%er king. We need him.

That's not really the point of this iteration of the thread.

From all reports it's likely he's gone, so what do we do if that's the case? How do we leverage a shit situation where we want to keep him to make our list better?

We can't over pay him.

Grantysghost
11-08-2022, 10:10 AM
Inside Trading: Third club joins chase for Josh Dunkley, gun Swan Jake Lloyd in talks, McDonald-Tipungwuti's call

www.afl.com.au (http://www.afl.com.au)

Every Thursday AFL.com.au presents Inside Trading, with breaking news and the best analysis of the Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period covering contracts, re-signings, free agents, the NAB AFL Draft and industry insights.

ANOTHER CLUB IN DUNKLEY CHASE

BRISBANE is among the clubs with interest in out-of-contract Western Bulldogs midfielder Josh Dunkley, who is deciding on his future.

A call from Dunkley isn't expected before the end of the Dogs' season, as the Lions, Port Adelaide and Essendon show interest in the ball-getting premiership player.

Inside Trading revealed the Power's interest in the 25-year-old last month, while the Bombers have continued to track Dunkley closely since his attempted trade to Tullamarine at the end of 2020.

The Lions are also understood to be in the mix, with Dunkley having a link in the state where his sister Lara plays netball for the Queensland Firebirds.

The Bulldogs are keen to retain the 2016 flag winner, with AFL.com.au reporting in July of the Dogs' long-term contract offer in front of Dunkley. They have been keen to sign Dunkley for some time, with his signature the remaining piece in a year of important re-signings for the club.

Dunkley has played 20 games for the Dogs this season and averaged 25 disposals and booted 17 goals in a strong campaign. He is a year away from being a free agent, so would need to be traded if he decided to leave the Bulldogs. – Callum Twomey

Axe Man
11-08-2022, 10:12 AM
If Dunkley is going the more clubs into him the better.

hujsh
11-08-2022, 10:55 AM
'Fremantle now entering the race for Dunkley, with Dunkley known to have a 3rd cousin who performs interpretive dance in the city every 3rd Tuesday.'

Grantysghost
11-08-2022, 10:57 AM
'Fremantle now entering the race for Dunkley, with Dunkley known to have a 3rd cousin who performs interpretive dance in the city every 3rd Tuesday.'

You get a Dunkley, you get a Dunkley, everyone gets a Dunkley
#promotional

azabob
11-08-2022, 11:21 AM
You get a Dunkley, you get a Dunkley, everyone gets a Dunkley
#promotional

Well there are three Dunkleys so in your scenerio this actually could happen.

Happy Days
11-08-2022, 12:12 PM
Choosing to move to the state where your sister is playing netball over the one where your girlfriend is playing netball isn’t weird at all.

GVGjr
11-08-2022, 12:15 PM
If Dunkley is going the more clubs into him the better.

Exactly. We need the Saints or Hawks to show some interest.

Happy Days
11-08-2022, 12:19 PM
What does it matter how many clubs are into him? He’ll just nominate whatever one he wants and we’ll have to deal with them exclusively because clubs are cowards and that’s how it works.

Bulldog4life
11-08-2022, 12:35 PM
What does it matter how many clubs are into him? He’ll just nominate whatever one he wants and we’ll have to deal with them exclusively because clubs are cowards and that’s how it works.

That's the way it works.

Mofra
12-08-2022, 04:02 PM
More clubs wanting him means he commands a bigger contract which feeds into his trade worth in a secondary way.
It's not perfect but it has some effect

ReLoad
12-08-2022, 04:58 PM
Realistically were one of the easier clubs to trade with, which makes him an easier target for other clubs.

I think we need to turn him into a KPD. (doesn't have to be direct, but through draft pick swaps, middlemen etc)

What about Shepherd or Barrass from WCE? they should be in utter full rebuild mode, so def get-able.

Axe Man
12-08-2022, 05:04 PM
Realistically were one of the easier clubs to trade with, which makes him an easier target for other clubs.

I think we need to turn him into a KPD. (doesn't have to be direct, but through draft pick swaps, middlemen etc)

What about Shepherd or Barrass from WCE? they should be in utter full rebuild mode, so def get-able.

Sheppard retired last year after multiple concussions so probably not him. ;)

Some rumours we are into Barrass.

Happy Days
12-08-2022, 05:04 PM

Sheppard is retired my man. Barrass would be nice but he’s an actual contracted asset so doubt he comes with any fire sale discount.

GVGjr
12-08-2022, 05:06 PM

Do you think we are pushovers? Sheppard isn't a KP defender and Barrass has got some admirers on here and we would need to offer a fair bit in terms of a trade and probably in salary to bring him over. Quality player though. We probably wouldn't get much back from our 1st round pick and whatever we get for Dunkley.

I think our negotiations with Collingwood for Treloar and with Essendon and Dunkley show we are firm and are prepared to walk away from potential deals if we can't get the outcome we are after.

Mofra
12-08-2022, 06:51 PM
Barrass signed a big money contract extension last year.
Rumours (only) that we're into him but it would cost more than a first rounder.

GVGjr
12-08-2022, 07:06 PM
Barrass signed a big money contract extension last year.
Rumours (only) that we're into him but it would cost more than a first rounder.

I suspect it would basically need to be 2 x 1st rounders.

hujsh
12-08-2022, 07:56 PM

Thought this mean we need to make him play as KPD at first.

Dry Rot
12-08-2022, 08:39 PM
What is a fair trade for Dunkley in a general sense?

And in particular, given their assets eg draft picks and/or fringe players, what is a fair trade for Dunkley with say Port, or the Bombers or the Tigers?

The Bulldogs Bite
12-08-2022, 09:00 PM
I suspect it would basically need to be 2 x 1st rounders.

Barass is good but not worth that.

MrMahatma
12-08-2022, 09:41 PM

And in particular, given their assets eg draft picks and/or fringe players, what is a fair trade for Dunkley with say Port, or the Bombers or the Tigers?

Aliir, Andrews, or Vlaustin ��

GVGjr
12-08-2022, 09:43 PM

A 1st and 3rd round pick is a reasonable starting point.

boydogs
12-08-2022, 10:05 PM
A 1st and 3rd round pick is a reasonable starting point.

I’ll say 2,000 draft points. So pick 4, or picks 8 & 37 to put it in 1st & 3rd round terms

FrediKanoute
12-08-2022, 11:30 PM
Inside Trading: Third club joins chase for Josh Dunkley, gun Swan Jake Lloyd in talks, McDonald-Tipungwuti's call

www.afl.com.au (http://www.afl.com.au)

Every Thursday AFL.com.au presents Inside Trading, with breaking news and the best analysis of the Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period covering contracts, re-signings, free agents, the NAB AFL Draft and industry insights.

ANOTHER CLUB IN DUNKLEY CHASE

BRISBANE is among the clubs with interest in out-of-contract Western Bulldogs midfielder Josh Dunkley, who is deciding on his future.

A call from Dunkley isn't expected before the end of the Dogs' season, as the Lions, Port Adelaide and Essendon show interest in the ball-getting premiership player.

Inside Trading revealed the Power's interest in the 25-year-old last month, while the Bombers have continued to track Dunkley closely since his attempted trade to Tullamarine at the end of 2020.

The Lions are also understood to be in the mix, with Dunkley having a link in the state where his sister Lara plays netball for the Queensland Firebirds.

The Bulldogs are keen to retain the 2016 flag winner, with AFL.com.au reporting in July of the Dogs' long-term contract offer in front of Dunkley. They have been keen to sign Dunkley for some time, with his signature the remaining piece in a year of important re-signings for the club.

Dunkley has played 20 games for the Dogs this season and averaged 25 disposals and booted 17 goals in a strong campaign. He is a year away from being a free agent, so would need to be traded if he decided to leave the Bulldogs. – Callum Twomey

So at best he is a restricted free agent. We can match. Not going anywhere unless we get a decent deal.

bornadog
12-08-2022, 11:31 PM
Dunks won't leave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds9YpKJvRiM

Axe Man
12-08-2022, 11:43 PM
So at best he is a restricted free agent. We can match. Not going anywhere unless we get a decent deal.

No he’s not a free agent but he’s out of contract so if he wants to leave we will have to trade him or lose him for nothing in the PSD.

bornadog
12-08-2022, 11:43 PM
No he’s not a free agent but he’s out of contract so if he wants to leave we will have to trade him or lose him for nothing in the PSD.

Where did you find that information :confused: :D

FrediKanoute
13-08-2022, 02:23 AM
Where did you find that information :confused: :D

I don't get it. I thought Free Agency only ever applied to out of Ct players. I thought that as a Restricted Free Agent if he is out of contract we have the right to match a bid and retain a player.

hujsh
13-08-2022, 03:40 AM
I don't get it. I thought Free Agency only ever applied to out of Ct players. I thought that as a Restricted Free Agent if he is out of contract we have the right to match a bid and retain a player.

Free agency doesn't apply immediately. Eg if JHF wants to leave the Roos he'll have to be traded or re-drafted.

Grantysghost
13-08-2022, 08:53 AM

He hasn't been with us long enough to become a Restricted Free Agent.
Would be 8th or 9th year and in the top 25 percent earners I believe.
He would qualify next year (his 8th).

Nuggety Back Pocket
13-08-2022, 10:42 AM
We need to retain Dunkley who has become one of our regular good players in a disappointing year. Dunks together with Libba provide the real grunt in the midfield.

Twodogs
13-08-2022, 11:19 AM
I think that Dunkley will sign the contract he has in that we put in front of him a month or so ago.

anfo27
13-08-2022, 11:25 AM
Torn on Dunkley. I'd like him to stay but he likes his money & the way it looks to me, if he stays he will be getting more than we hoped to signed him for. He is a fabric of the club type player but his decision making with ball in hand in the midfield can be a lot better.

If he leaves might be a great opportunity to use that money elsewhere while giving someone like West or Garcia more responsibility in the midfield. Both for mine are smarter with the ball & are neater by foot. Would love to see Westy given more responsibility.

GVGjr
13-08-2022, 11:34 AM
We need to retain Dunkley who has become one of our regular good players in a disappointing year. Dunks together with Libba provide the real grunt in the midfield.

I agree 100% with that but you would have to think as soon as the season ends his decision will have to be made.
I don't like the way this has played out and Dunkley is coming across as self centered.

Bulldog4life
13-08-2022, 12:53 PM
Torn on Dunkley. I'd like him to stay but he likes his money & the way it looks to me, if he stays he will be getting more than we hoped to signed him for. He is a fabric of the club type player but his decision making with ball in hand in the midfield can be a lot better.

If he leaves might be a great opportunity to use that money elsewhere while giving someone like West or Garcia more responsibility in the midfield. Both for mine are smarter with the ball & are neater by foot. Would love to see Westy given more responsibility.

Along with most footballers I would think. Setting themselves up for life when no idea when it will end.

Twodogs
13-08-2022, 12:59 PM

It's a good point. If Dunkley goes it creates an opportunity for others on terms of both his position on the ground and leadership amongst the group

Like I say I think that he will sign the contract in front of him at the moment just after our season ends but it's not the end of the world of he doesn't.

anfo27
13-08-2022, 01:00 PM
Along with most footballers I would think. Setting themselves up for life when no idea when it will end.

I just mean we should have a figure in mind that we don't cross. He seems to want to tease us over it to keep him. Got nothing against setting yourself up but there is a possible domino effect if we go over budget because we like him too much.

Bulldog4life
13-08-2022, 01:22 PM
I just mean we should have a figure in mind that we don't cross. He seems to want to tease us over it to keep him. Got nothing against setting yourself up but there is a possible domino effect if we go over budget because we like him too much.

Agree we mustn't over pay him but we pay him what we consider he is worth. The key to him signing in my opinion is Adz. Extremely close to him.

chef
13-08-2022, 01:41 PM

Yeah, this'll be his biggest contract of his career so you can't really blame him for milking it.

GVGjr
13-08-2022, 01:59 PM
Yeah, this'll be his biggest contract of his career so you can't really blame him for milking it.

Yes and no without knowing all the details. Sure he and his manager should look at all options but at some point he just needs to say I'm committed to staying or that he is going and I think he's milked that point.

I'm convinced it's more of a game for the managers than it is for the player. Pickering should know if he genuinely wants to stay at the Dogs or if it's just more about getting the maximum contract from a couple off other suitable teams and just let Sam Power know where it's at.

It's just dragged on too long from my perspective.

EasternWest
13-08-2022, 10:56 PM

That kind of thinking will get you lynched round here.

Bullies
13-08-2022, 11:35 PM
If Dunks doesn't sign then i'd like to see the "bull" Rhylee West get a crack in the mid field. His awareness and attack on the ball is elite. He will only get better.

Mitcha
14-08-2022, 02:44 PM
If Dunks doesn't sign then i'd like to see the "bull" Rhylee West get a crack in the mid field. His awareness and attack on the ball is elite. He will only get better.
I agree but he hasn't signed yet either!!!!! I wonder if he is waiting to see what Dunkley does before putting pen to paper with us?

GVGjr
14-08-2022, 05:18 PM
I agree but he hasn't signed yet either!!!!! I wonder if he is waiting to see what Dunkley does before putting pen to paper with us?

I hope you're wrong Mitcha because even if Dunkley stays I still want West in the red, white and blue. He's taken a big step forward this year and I'd hate to see him take another step forward next year somewhere else. His time in the midfield will come.

I quite like JJ but if push came to shove I'd rather keep West than JJ.

SonofScray
14-08-2022, 05:29 PM
I hope you're wrong Mitcha because even if Dunkley stays I still want West in the red, white and blue. He's taken a big step forward this year and I'd hate to see him take another step forward next year somewhere else. His time in the midfield will come.

I quite like JJ but if push came to shove I'd rather keep West than JJ.

Absolutely.

West over JJ 10 times out of 10 at this point and truthfully, from around the time Westy posted about it on FB too. Kid just needed a decent run at it.

GVGjr
14-08-2022, 05:36 PM
Absolutely.

West over JJ 10 times out of 10 at this point and truthfully, from around the time Westy posted about it on FB too. Kid just needed a decent run at it.

He's grasped his chances this and made an impact. You can't ask for much more.
This time last year there was a question mark about his future but he has won us over this year and has really slotted into a very young and emerging forward line that is choc full of talent. We should be looking to add to the building blocks of a Western Bulldogs forward line consisting of of Marra, Weightman, Naughton and West.

West needs to be a part of that.

GVGjr
28-08-2022, 10:57 AM
I'd be interested to hear which clubs you think might be in the running for Dunkley's signature?
Port seems to have flagged their interest. Essendon have a father son pick they need to consider and have indicated they want to use pick 4 for a youngster so it's going to make things hard for them.

What other clubs might be able to get a deal done?

DOG GOD
28-08-2022, 12:01 PM
I'd be interested to hear which clubs you think might be in the running for Dunkley's signature?
Port seems to have flagged their interest. Essendon have a father son pick they need to consider and have indicated they want to use pick 4 for a youngster so it's going to make things hard for them.

What other clubs might be able to get a deal done?

Geel, Rich and Coll have been linked with everyone so I could see one of them maybe, if Port aren’t interested.

Taranto and Hopper are in the gun so to speak but if one of them failed, maybe Dunkley would become a target.

GVGjr
29-08-2022, 09:13 AM
Geel, Rich and Coll have been linked with everyone so I could see one of them maybe, if Port aren’t interested.

Taranto and Hopper are in the gun so to speak but if one of them failed, maybe Dunkley would become a target.

I think the clubs most likely to be interested in Dunkley are Essendon, Port, Brisbane and maybe Aza is onto something with the Swans.
Adelaide committing to Rankine probably rules them out and who knows if the Hawks or Saints might be working behind the scenes and they do have some salary cap space.

The most likely are:
Port have made their intentions known and have an early pick that would probably satisfy us.
Essendon have significant salary capacity to bring him in but they do appear to be committed to keeping their pick 4 and they will have a couple of father son considerations they will need to manage.
Brisbane also appear to be interested but they already have a number of midfielders. They also have a couple of father son picks they will need to manage.
Sydney always appear to keep their targeted players out of the media spotlight and catch everyone off guard. A bigger market might appeal to Dunks.

soupman
29-08-2022, 09:28 AM
Have seen Dunkley a few times stay in Sydney for a holiday, so he likes it here (often with Crozier)

Axe Man
29-08-2022, 10:31 AM
On Triple M they said Dunkley is wanting a 5 year deal and Port are willing to offer it. I assume we would as well but perhaps on less $$$.

Is there still bad blood between the Dunkleys and the Swans? If Buddy stays I can't see the Swans being able to bring in any big names anyway.

Mantis
29-08-2022, 10:51 AM
On Triple M they said Dunkley is wanting a 5 year deal and Port are willing to offer it. I assume we would as well but perhaps on less $$$.

Is there still bad blood between the Dunkleys and the Swans? If Buddy stays I can't see the Swans being able to bring in any big names anyway.

If we’re willing to give 5year deals in the past and present to the likes of JJ, Hunter, Macrae, Daniel, Treloar, etc then we should have no issue doing the same with Dunkley.

He is ultra professional and unlike a few on that list has his best footy in front of him.

EasternWest
29-08-2022, 02:26 PM
If we’re willing to give 5year deals in the past and present to the likes of JJ, Hunter, Macrae, Daniel, Treloar, etc then we should have no issue doing the same with Dunkley.

He is ultra professional and unlike a few on that list has his best footy in front of him.

5 years? Shit I wouldn't even blink.

bornadog
30-08-2022, 12:07 PM
Sam Edmund now worried that Dunkley is going. Feels the process is taking too long.

He thinks the most likely place if he left is Brisbane. His sister lives up there and they are a good fit.

Grantysghost
30-08-2022, 12:08 PM
Sam Edmund now worried that Dunkley is going. Feels the process is taking too long.

He thinks the most likely place if he left is Brisbane. His sister lives up there and they are a good fit.

He really isn't helping the club much by delaying for so long.
We need to be looking for replacements.

azabob
30-08-2022, 12:08 PM

Was it Happy Days who suggested it was weird Dunkley would move to QLD to be with his sister rather than Adelaide to be with his GF and to add further tot his his brother and mum and dad are in Victoria.

azabob
30-08-2022, 12:10 PM
He really isn't helping the club much by delaying for so long.
We need to be looking for replacements.

If he is leaving what can he do? Can you imagine the uproar and fall out if he publicly announced it as we are coming into a finals campaign.

Maybe he's already told the club he is leaving?

Happy Days
30-08-2022, 12:17 PM
Was it Happy Days who suggested it was weird Dunkley would move to QLD to be with his sister rather than Adelaide to be with his GF and to add further tot his his brother and mum and dad are in Victoria.

Nah I just said that it was a very normal, well adjusted and not weird thing to do.

Grantysghost
30-08-2022, 12:20 PM
If he is leaving what can he do? Can you imagine the uproar and fall out if he publicly announced it as we are coming into a finals campaign.

Maybe he's already told the club he is leaving?

Wonder if we will ever get to the point where the game is mature enough to handle that scenario.
Personally I'd prefer he at least let the club know.

Happy Days
30-08-2022, 12:21 PM
Im pretty sure Edmund ripped that straight from next door anyway. Brisbane have nothing to offer us with all of their picks tied up in Ashcroft and Fletcher, and taking a future first after trading them a superstar mid and shoring up their main weakness would be really, really dumb.

Grantysghost
30-08-2022, 12:23 PM
Im pretty sure Edmund ripped that straight from next door anyway. Brisbane have nothing to offer us with all of their picks tied up in Ashcroft and Fletcher, and taking a future first after trading them a superstar mid and shoring up their main weakness would be really, really dumb.

Agree, problem is the PSD.

Happy Days
30-08-2022, 12:25 PM
Agree, problem is the PSD.

North will 1000% take Dunkley if it comes to that, they aren’t too proud for anything at the moment. And I think Dunkley and his aspirations of becoming a name brand would rather die than go there.

GVGjr
30-08-2022, 12:30 PM

It has taken too long and for us Brisbane is not the sort of club we can do that well out of a trade with this year as they have two highly rated father son selections they are going to need a lot of points to cover.

I still don't quite get the lure for him to go there instead of Port given his best mates are here and his GF is in SA.
Brisbane have a lot to very good midfielders as well.

Bulldog4life
30-08-2022, 12:36 PM
Personally I think it is only dollars with Dunks. He seemed to be banking on having a good year with us in 2022 increasing his chances of getting more moolah than he was offered earlier in the year. His very close friendship with Adz is a huge plus for him to remain too. I am still hopeful he remains.

Scraggers
30-08-2022, 02:38 PM
Personally I think it is only dollars with Dunks. He seemed to be banking on having a good year with us in 2022 increasing his chances of getting more moolah than he was offered earlier in the year. His very close friendship with Adz is a huge plus for him to remain too. I am still hopeful he remains.

This is my (glass half full) feelings as well

Axe Man
01-09-2022, 11:26 AM
Sam Edmund again on Dunks:

“So hard to read this.

“I’ve come and gone with this, yesterday my confidence had well and truly cracked.

“The Brisbane offer is close to comparable for Josh Dunkley, it’s not like Brisbane have blown the Dogs off the water.

“But the Port Adelaide offer, however, is a better one financially, that’s the superior offer and that’s the temptation.

“Internally, he’s super invested, I’m told he’s engaged and he’s behaving like a player that will be there for the long-term.

“But we won’t know until the Dogs’ season is finished either way.

“From their (the Western Bulldogs’) mind, they’re as comfortable as you can be when a key player hasn’t re-signed.”

josie
01-09-2022, 11:51 PM
Take this gossip with due caution-a few posters on BF late this arvo saying Dunks has today signed a 6 year deal staying with us.

Just hope we don’t lose West - can see him seeking opportunities elsewhere if Dunks is staying.

FrediKanoute
02-09-2022, 03:49 AM
Interesting. Not surprised that Port have gone hard.

Bulldog4life
07-09-2022, 01:27 AM
And Dunkley confirmed his partner, Tippah Dwan, who plays netball for the Adelaide Thunderbirds, would play a factor in his decision.

“The [Bulldogs] have given a lot to me over the last seven years and I’ve loved every minute of it,” Dunkley told 7NEWS on Tuesday.

“It’s more just trying to think about my future and my life and so, yeah, a few big decisions to make over the next few days.

“Family’s always been important to me and Tippah’s obviously living in Adelaide, so we’ll have to weigh up those decisions over the next few days, as I mentioned.”

The Power slipped down the ladder this year and concerns arose over their midfield.

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl-trades/gun-western-bulldog-hints-partner-could-be-reason-for-shock-move-as-the-power-hunts-big-bodied-mid-c-8142119

Ozza
07-09-2022, 09:12 AM
I'd prefer Dunkley went to Port than Brisbane. Port could rise up again, but right now, Brisbane are more of a rival for us than Port so I'm not too enamored with the idea of helping the lions with their midfield.

Hard to understand why Dunkley has seemingly been so determined to leave the club for the past few years.

jeemak
07-09-2022, 11:52 AM
I'd prefer Dunkley went to Port than Brisbane. Port could rise up again, but right now, Brisbane are more of a rival for us than Port so I'm not too enamored with the idea of helping the lions with their midfield.

Hard to understand why Dunkley has seemingly been so determined to leave the club for the past few years.

Wants to be higher in the pecking order. Right or wrong, he's been viewed as third or fourth string behind Libba, Jacko and the Bont.

F'scary
07-09-2022, 02:01 PM
Forgive me for not scrolling all the way through this thread (if this has been speculated on in the not too distant past), but if it is Port: all they have is pick 8 at present. After that, they only have picks in the 50's. I am of a mind to accept pick 8 with some form of steak knives. But would Port offer that? If not, how could they secure him? Would Dunkley last to pick 8 if no deal could be worked out?

EasternWest
07-09-2022, 02:03 PM
Forgive me for not scrolling all the way through this thread (if this has been speculated on in the not too distant past), but if it is Port: all they have is pick 8 at present. After that, they only have picks in the 50's. I am of a mind to accept pick 8 with some form of steak knives. But would Port offer that? If not, how could they secure him? Would Dunkley last to pick 8 if no deal could be worked out?

I'd take pick 8 if it was offered.

I imagine if he went to the PSD he'd be snapped up pretty quick, and it would be out if his control and I doubt he'd want that.

GVGjr
07-09-2022, 02:04 PM

Port should receive something for Karl Amon but I suspect it will be pick 8 and not much else.

Mofra
07-09-2022, 02:20 PM
Port should receive something for Karl Amon but I suspect it will be pick 8 and not much else.
They still need to trade for Rioli too

We might ask for a player as well, with picks to go back. I know we were interested in Bergman but he's a gun and under contra t

F'scary
07-09-2022, 04:49 PM

I imagine if he went to the PSD he'd be snapped up pretty quick, and it would be out if his control and I doubt he'd want that.

I thought Dunks could go to the National Draft if no deal by a deadline. But is it actually PSD?

GVGjr
07-09-2022, 05:08 PM
I thought Dunks could go to the National Draft if no deal by a deadline. But is it actually PSD?

Based on history it would be the PSD, I suspect North would pounce if he tried that.

Grantysghost
07-09-2022, 05:11 PM

He's our best mid bar Bont.

Pick 8 seems unders big time.

Think what Dylan Shiel got.

If it's just pick 8 I'd be sending him to North.

Has to be pick 8 and future second at least.

EasternWest
07-09-2022, 05:11 PM

No I don't think so, but I could be wrong

EasternWest
07-09-2022, 05:13 PM
He's our best mid bar Bont.

Pick 8 seems unders big time.

Think what Dylan Shiel got.

Shrug I'm only talking about what's on offer potentially

He might be worth more but if Port don't have more to offer then what do we do? Take pick 8 or let him walk for nothing?

Mantis
07-09-2022, 05:19 PM
He might be worth more but if Port don't have more to offer then what do we do? Take pick 8 or let him walk for nothing?

I'd dig in my heels and let him walk.... and I'm confident Power would do this.

We need to get fair compensation for him and one 1st rounder (unless it's inside the top 5) isn't this.

Grantysghost
07-09-2022, 05:19 PM
Shrug I'm only talking about what's on offer potentially

This is like that Seinfeld episode where his brain is playing chess against his libido.

Brain take pick 8.
Emotion let him walk to somewhere where the best endorsement he gets is wearing a lei and a Hawaiian shirt as he waves bye from the top deck of the Spirit of Tasmania.

Mofra
07-09-2022, 05:23 PM
I'd dig in my heels and let him walk.... and I'm confident Power would do this.

We need to get fair compensation for him and one 1st rounder (unless it's inside the top 5) isn't this.
Pick 8 and Duursma (we'd have to give something back) and hope like hell the rumours of a rift been Hinkley and Duursma are true

EasternWest
07-09-2022, 05:24 PM
Pick 8 and Duursma (we'd have to give something back) and hope like hell the rumours of a rift been Hinkley and Duursma are true

I'd be all over that.

Grantysghost
07-09-2022, 05:25 PM

That's about right. Second back?

Straight swap for the boy from Bacchus Marsh be ok too (Butters).

Scraggers
07-09-2022, 06:45 PM

I'd be all over that.

I don't know that I would. Looking at his stats for the year, do we really need a below average midfielder?

I would prefer we use the trade to look to fill a deficit. If Dunks was to leave, we could bring Treloar back into the midfield, therefore we need to replace a half-back flanker. Could Ryan Burton fill that roll?

Or do we look at the back up ruck position with Sam Hayes?

Just a thought ... obviously my preference would be to keep Dunkley

azabob
07-09-2022, 07:17 PM
I don't know that I would. Looking at his stats for the year, do we really need a below average midfielder?

I would prefer we use the trade to look to fill a deficit. If Dunks was to leave, we could bring Treloar back into the midfield, therefore we need to replace a half-back flanker. Could Ryan Burton fill that roll?

The talk is Duursma and Hinkley don’t get on.

Hayes is a worse ruckman than Sweet

Burton was highly rated, not sure he’s lived up to the hype?

FWIW; I’d take Duursma over Hayes or Burton on the proviso Duursma leaves the bow and arrow in SA.

Bulldog Revolution
07-09-2022, 07:32 PM

They can't - Kenny doesnt seem to want to play him

Mofra
07-09-2022, 07:46 PM

Duursma as a promising wingman appeals to me. The kid can play

Mofra
07-09-2022, 07:47 PM

Hayes is a worse ruckman than Sweet

Burton was highly rated, not sure he’s lived up to the hype?

FWIW; I’d take Duursma over Hayes or Burton on the proviso Duursma leaves the bow and arrow in SA.
Burton was a gun at the Hawks and in his first year at Port. Doubt he would leave SA now.
Hayes - well, that ABC article that broke down the ruck role was damning. I'd prefer we rookie and untried ruck prospect than consider a version of Jordan Sweet from wish.com

Sedat
07-09-2022, 07:52 PM
I'd rather re-draft Will Hayes and play him in the ruck

Scraggers
07-09-2022, 07:52 PM
Duursma as a promising wingman appeals to me. The kid can play

That I could accept ... but I am still of the belief that its is Dunkley for pick 8 and Duursma. We shouldn't be giving back any picks

Scraggers
07-09-2022, 07:53 PM
I'd rather re-draft Will Hayes and play him in the ruck

Did I read somewhere he was delisted by Carlton?

Sedat
07-09-2022, 07:54 PM
Did I read somewhere he was delisted by Carlton?
Correct weight

Sam Hayes is not an AFL quality player. Finlayson and his mediocre hair was preferred in ruck when Lycett went down. To be fair to Finlayson, he was excellent as a mobile ruckman the last 10 weeks of the season.

Scraggers
07-09-2022, 07:54 PM
Correct weight

I see what you did there

soupman
07-09-2022, 11:12 PM

Hayes is no good, Burton moved home to SA and while he is a good player is gonna be expensive and hard to pry out.

Duursma would be a good option to push for in that wing role and seems to have lost value in the last 18 months due to injury and lack of form, although not sure that makes him the best prospect.

Others to consider could be:
-Josh Sinn. Quick and could be tried in the wing role. Was pick 12 last year so would be getting basically just him back for Dunkley with maybe a later pick, Vic boy.
-Miles Bergman. Would love to get him but he is virtually their highest rated youngster outside of Rozee and Butters and would cost big. Vic boy. Winger who has also spent time at half back and can go forward and kick goals.
-Zak Butters. Inside mid type who again is a Vic boy and super hard. Good Libba succession plan and quality player, but would cost.
-Willem Drew. Good inside mid type who plays a more defensive role. Tier below the above options in terms of cost.
-Kane Farrell. Winger/half forward. Great kick, and Vic boy. Probably similiar price to Drew, but yet to really get going career wise so maybe the biggest gamble here Sinn aside.

All their talls are either forward which we don't need, rucks who ar super raw, or key defenders that would take the Cordy role of too short to actually help.

Bulldog4life
08-09-2022, 09:55 AM
That I could accept ... but I am still of the belief that its is Dunkley for pick 8 and Duursma. We shouldn't be giving back any picks

Yep play hard right till the end if we have to.

kruder
08-09-2022, 11:05 PM
Kinda feels like Dunkley is holding back his decision because there may be another suitor?

The whole Dunkley thing is bizarre to be honest I can't get my head around it. Bont's apology was strange today, yeah I'd love to know what went on at the kennel this year, have a feeling we might find out more later on.

soupman
09-09-2022, 12:54 AM
Kinda feels like Dunkley is holding back his decision because there may be another suitor?

Yeah I assume you're thinking that they are still playing finals and don't want him to nominate them while that happens?

bornadog
09-09-2022, 10:19 AM
I am thinking Dunkley is gone. With his previous request to leave to Essendon and now holding the Club and supporters to ransom and making up BS reasons about family life etc, then I am over him.

I want a first rounder plus for him. Not sure what he is worth, but if GWS gets two firsts for Tarranto, Dunkley is worth even more.

Mofra
09-09-2022, 10:20 AM
For pick 8 and Duursma I'd be comfortable handing our current (north's) 3rd rounder back.
Duursma would be a classic 'buy low' play

Topdog
10-09-2022, 07:38 AM
Feels like its not Port, think he is waiting to announce until the team he is going to has finished their season.

GVGjr
10-09-2022, 08:04 AM
Feels like its not Port, think he is waiting to announce until the team he is going to has finished their season.

There is a bit of a vibe to that but it may not necessarily mean it's Brisbane either but it does look that way.

SonofScray
10-09-2022, 08:06 AM

Would just about put the house on it at this point.

DOG GOD
10-09-2022, 11:36 AM
Gotta be Bris now surely

Mitcha
10-09-2022, 11:37 AM
Surely if he moves interstate it would be to Adelaide to be closer to his GF and not Brisbane to be closer to his sister, something not quite right there. Anyway sick of the Dunkley show, has run longer than Neighbours and just as boring.

Twodogs
10-09-2022, 01:50 PM
If it were Brisbane Dunkley went to would you take Charlie Cameron as a straight swap? I haven't checked the relative ages of the two but I reckon that Cameron would improve us in an area of the ground where we don't have a player of his type much the same way that Dunkley would for them.

azabob
10-09-2022, 02:33 PM
If it were Brisbane Dunkley went to would you take Charlie Cameron as a straight swap? I haven't checked the relative ages of the two but I reckon that Cameron would improve us in an area of the ground where we don't have a player of his type much the same way that Dunkley would for them.

Yes. But no way in the world Brisbane do that.

Mofra
10-09-2022, 03:17 PM
Kai Lohmann. Has some tricks and should develop nicely.
I expect we ask for Payne, and get knocked back (again).

azabob
10-09-2022, 04:43 PM
Kai Lohmann. Has some tricks and should develop nicely.
I expect we ask for Payne, and get knocked back (again).

I reckon Brisbane will suggest Payne reconsiders if that is a stumbling block.

Happy Days
10-09-2022, 04:57 PM
Man why can’t we just ask for something good. If all Brisbane have is a future first, Home Brand Marcus Adams and a first year small forward then I’d rather let him walk to the PSD.

If Dunkley is leaving then we need to use it to make our list better, not mitigate the loss by taking whatever Brisbane are willing to give.

1eyedog
10-09-2022, 05:01 PM
Legit let him walk to North.

Grantysghost
10-09-2022, 05:10 PM
Man why can’t we just ask for something good. If all Brisbane have is a future first, Home Brand Marcus Adams and a first year small forward then I’d rather let him walk to the PSD.

If Dunkley is leaving then we need to use it to make our list better, not mitigate the loss by taking whatever Brisbane are willing to give.

Are we in a weak position though because we haven't been able to convince one of our stars to buy in to what we are doing? Players are taking pay cuts to stay at other places (Reiwoldt).

Unfortunately as George says, we've got no hand so we are never going to get adequately compensated.

Scraggers
10-09-2022, 06:04 PM
If he walks and we don’t make a deal with Port/Brisbane, what happens? Are we compensated?

jeemak
10-09-2022, 06:06 PM
If he walks and we don’t make a deal with Port/Brisbane, what happens? Are we compensated?

No. He's going to the preseason draft.

GVGjr
10-09-2022, 06:13 PM

In that instance we would not be compensated. The problem for both teams is someone like North could grab him in the PSD if they can't get us to agree.

Twodogs
10-09-2022, 06:31 PM
Yes. But no way in the world Brisbane do that.

Then they miss out. Simple.

To get something nice you have to give something nice. This trade can be a process where both clubs can improve their list.

You can be bloody minded about 'winning' trade week and remain anchored in mediocrity (like Essendon.) but Brisbane have a recent record of getting trades done and Sam Power has proven many times that he's no mug.

Topdog
11-09-2022, 12:52 PM
a future 1st with Brisbane for next season is kinda pointless. It'll likely be pick 15+.

Twodogs is right though, Brisbane have a good record of getting trades done, as do we. In fact Brisbane and the Bulldogs have worked quite well together for trades.

azabob
11-09-2022, 01:26 PM
mjp you might not want to answer this but would you push to include Devon Robertson as part of the trade with Dunkley? Obviously if he nominates the lions.

Mofra
11-09-2022, 01:33 PM
TBH I'd take a future first, Payne & Lohmann. That's actually a pretty good deal. Lohmann was taken at pick 20 last year so was close to a first round talent

soupman
11-09-2022, 01:41 PM
Suspect Brisbane will try to to package up the picks they get for McStay plus their first rounders for points and Dunkley, with maybe a player thrown in for us.

Ones I'd look at:
-Noah Answerth. Hard to pry out, is a regular, but is a Vic boy, is a great one on one defender and would be a good get. Would need to be working on him already though.
-Jack Payne. I've gone off him a bit, he hasn't really leaped forward for mine and I'd rate him similarly to Liam Jones of which I don't want double of. Think he could be a good lockdown guy in the model of a more reliable Cordy, but not sure the ceiling is there to be someone our defence could really work off.
-Jaxon Prior. Good size and covers the ground well from what I've seen. Seems neat and they've kept him around the best 22 a lot in the past year without him actually being in it, which to me is a good sign that they rate him but don't have a spot for him yet making him appealing but not too hard to trade for. Suspect mjp might have a few thoughts about him.
-Kai Lohmann. Seems the player type we should be searching for, and has already been in the mix for them. Haven't seen any footage although the description of "He can take a big pack mark and is just as deadly doing his work at ground level as a crumbing forward" sounds like Weightman again, which is not a bad thing.
-Dev Robertson. Is pretty entrenched in their lineup and probably moves down a rung with Dunkleys arrival (although I suspect Josh is to replace Lyons who I'm not sure they'll keep once he drops off). Good competitor and could help us offset the loss of our harder mids in Dunkley and Libba, but he is the highest value player on this list imo and is a WA boy.
-Darcy Wilmott. The kid who just plays finals, but good medium size and seems like a good user of the ball in defence.

Would love Keadean Coleman, but he is from Qld and has his brother at the club and is super highly rated so that might be asking a bit much. Likewise Zac Bailey, although we should be trying pretty hard with both, they'd both make us much better and we should always be forcing other clubs to have to fight to retain their talent like we have to with ours.

jazzadogs
11-09-2022, 01:54 PM

The word I got is that it is 99% Port, but Hopper's backflip on the Cats this week says you never really know until it's signed.

Go_Dogs
11-09-2022, 03:02 PM
Brisbane would be an interesting proposition.

Zac Bailey is certainly of interest, however would be on their list of untouchables I suspect (shouldn’t matter for a player of Dunks’ quality by the way, so we should ask for what we want).

Future first round picks probably don’t mean much.

What about the Big O?

bornadog
11-09-2022, 03:27 PM
Brisbane would be an interesting proposition.

Zac Bailey is certainly of interest, however would be on their list of untouchables I suspect (shouldn’t matter for a player of Dunks’ quality by the way, so we should ask for what we want).

Future first round picks probably don’t mean much.

What about the Big O?

Can't see them giving up the Big O

SonofScray
11-09-2022, 03:46 PM
Surely if he moves interstate it would be to Adelaide to be closer to his GF and not Brisbane to be closer to his sister, something not quite right there. Anyway sick of the Dunkley show, has run longer than Neighbours and just as boring.

Good ammo in the stands if that is how it goes. Ironically, the sort of thing we'd save for folk from Adelaide.

Bulldog4life
11-09-2022, 04:47 PM
So Dunks is saying if he got to Essendon on a 4 year contract he would still be leaving now. Don't think so. He just wants out of the doggies for whatever reason.

GVGjr
12-09-2022, 12:08 PM
No surprise really but Mitch Cleary mentions that if Dunkley doesn't announce Port this week then Brisbane moves to the front of the queue.

There has been a number of reports indicating that money isn't driving his decision making. Perhaps that will bring some other clubs into the mix.
Aza, do you still think Sydney is a chance?

G-Mo77
12-09-2022, 12:18 PM
No surprise really but Mitch Cleary mentions that if Dunkley doesn't announce Port this week then Brisbane moves to the front of the queue.

There has been a number of reports indicating that money isn't driving his decision making. Perhaps that will bring some other clubs into the mix.

Doesn't his old man hate the place and won't have anything to do with it? If that grudge is still going our Dunkley won't be going there.

azabob
12-09-2022, 12:35 PM

I don't think so. I really thought Bailey Smith was a big chance to land there.

GVGjr
12-09-2022, 12:37 PM
I don't think so. I really thought Bailey Smith was a big chance to land there.

Thanks, yes you were speculating Smith to Sydney

The Bulldogs Bite
12-09-2022, 01:09 PM

Makes me question if we really want somebody of his character at the club.

What is his actual reason for wanting to leave this time? It's not money, it's not culture, it's not success, it's .....?

Let's be honest - he wants the limelight of a big move ala NBA player movement.

Just get out, Josh.

Mofra
12-09-2022, 01:24 PM
Makes me question if we really want somebody of his character at the club.

What is his actual reason for wanting to leave this time? It's not money, it's not culture, it's not success, it's .....?

Let's be honest - he wants the limelight of a big move ala NBA player movement.

Just get out, Josh.
Culture, clashes with the party boys.

Mitcha
12-09-2022, 02:28 PM
Culture, clashes with the party boys.

There are party boys at every club, let's not beat around the bush it's all about brand Dunkley, he craves the limelight. piss or get off the pot Josh.

Grantysghost
12-09-2022, 03:13 PM

GVG if its not money - what on earth are we doing wrong? I mean his family is mainly here so I don't buy that argument.

The netballers move around frequently too.

So take away money, take away family, take away success (as we are as close as any of the teams mentioned), what is it?

All that's left is the Bulldogs.

Anyone but the Bulldogs.

angelopetraglia
12-09-2022, 03:17 PM
GVG if its not money - what on earth are we doing wrong? I mean his family is mainly here so I don't buy that argument.

So take away money, take away family, take away success (as we are as close as any of the teams mentioned), what is it?

Anyone but the Bulldogs.

100%. Could not agree more. The million dollar question is why? Why doesn't he want to play with us?

This year alone we have had Dale, English, Caleb, Baz and Macrae all sign on.

bornadog
12-09-2022, 03:19 PM
100%. Could not agree more. The million dollar question is why? Why doesn't he want to play with us?

This year alone we have had Dale, English, Caleb, Baz and Macrae all sign on.

All about money. I don't believe anything else.

The Bulldogs Bite
12-09-2022, 03:24 PM
All about money. I don't believe anything else.

But it's not - reported figures are similar.

It's about his profile / ego.

angelopetraglia
12-09-2022, 03:26 PM
But it's not - reported figures are similar.

It's about his profile / ego.

How does his profile build if he goes to a non-AFL market like Brisbane or a small country town like Adelaide?

chef
12-09-2022, 03:46 PM
Sounds like everyone has a different reason to smear him haha.

If he leaves I wish him all the best. Forever a Bullgod.

hujsh
12-09-2022, 03:48 PM

This type of diplomacy is unacceptable.

Please write 5 reasons why you hate him and then prepare 5 more on why you love him incase he stays

chef
12-09-2022, 03:54 PM
This type of diplomacy is unacceptable.

Please write 5 reasons why you hate him and then prepare 5 more on why you love him incase he stays

Im the type of person who still boos everytime I see Nafan Browns face on one of those stupid gambling ads haha so I get it.

I just can't bring myself to hate any of the guys from 2016, even Jake.

GVGjr
12-09-2022, 03:55 PM

Anyone but the Bulldogs.

The speculation was when he first requested a trade it was due to the way some of our boys behaved up in Brisbane during isolation. For someone who is professional in their preparation it was hard for him to accept a less than professional approach by some of his team mates.
I guess the 2 years since the initial request perhaps he still has those concerns. His best mates are at the club but there could be a small group that are distracted and are not giving their all and maybe he doesn't feel the club is doing enough to lift the standards.

I think it's naive of him to think other clubs don't have the same distractions.

We've apparently put a very good offer in front of him so we aren't out of the running just yet but it's certainly appears to be leaning the way of a departure. I have to wonder if we had won the GF last year if it still would have been hard to get his signature now.

angelopetraglia
12-09-2022, 04:10 PM

Pros

1. Contested beast who is only getting better.
2. Already a Bulldog 2016 immortal, we need to spread more of that magic.
3. Elite approach to training and professionalism.
4. Natural leader. Stands up in big games.
5. Great mark for his size.

Cons

1. Disposal under pressure by foot is horrendous.
2. You can't trust his kicking for goal. Bottom quartile in the league.
3. Doesn't have genuine speed.
4. Two of the last three seasons have been interrupted by major injuries (Ankle & Shoulder)
5. Has already once tried to abandon the club. Big question marks on loyalty.

Grantysghost
12-09-2022, 04:18 PM
Pros

1. Contested beast who is only getting better.
2. Already a Bulldog 2016 immortal, we need to spread more of that magic.
3. Elite approach to training and professionalism.
4. Natural leader. Stands up in big games.
5. Great mark for his size.

Cons

1. Disposal under pressure by foot is horrendous.
2. You can't trust his kicking for goal. Bottom quartile in the league.
3. Doesn't have genuine speed.
4. Two of the last three seasons have been interrupted by major injuries (Ankle & Shoulder)
5. Has already once tried to abandon the club. Big question marks on loyalty.

Hate :

1. Cooking with Dunks
2. Bromance
3. Too good looking
4. His Dad
5. Podcast

Likes.

1. Too good looking
2. He dated Miss Universe Oz.
3. Good teeth.
4. Plays like his life depends on it.
5. Pro preparation

The Bulldogs Bite
12-09-2022, 04:18 PM
How does his profile build if he goes to a non-AFL market like Brisbane or a small country town like Adelaide?

Big fish, small pond.

angelopetraglia
12-09-2022, 04:24 PM
Big fish, small pond.

Adelaide. Yes.
Brisbane. Big fish in the wrong pond.

Bullies
12-09-2022, 04:25 PM
Life goes on. Remember it was the end of the club when Griffen left.

No shortage of grubs playing for the Lions.

bornadog
12-09-2022, 04:26 PM
Hate :

1. Cooking with Dunks
2. Bromance
3. Too good looking
4. His Dad
5. Podcast

Likes.

1. Too good looking
3. Good teeth.
4. Plays like his life depends on it.
5. Pro preparation

Gold

kruder
12-09-2022, 04:28 PM
The speculation was when he first requested a trade it was due to the way some of our boys behaved up in Brisbane during isolation. For someone who is professional in their preparation it was hard for him to accept a less than professional approach by some of his team mates.
I guess the 2 years since the initial request perhaps he still has those concerns. His best mates are at the club but there could be a small group that are distracted and are not giving their all and maybe he doesn't feel the club is doing enough to lift the standards.

I think it's naive of him to think other clubs don't have the same distractions.

We've apparently put a very good offer in front of him so we aren't out of the running just yet but it's certainly appears to be leaning the way of a departure. I have to wonder if we had won the GF last year if it still would have been hard to get his signature now.

Are we really that keen to keep him? I reckon we have acknowledged that we have have too many mids. Feel wise Dunks isn't the one to move on but he is the one keen to go.

Dry Rot
12-09-2022, 04:33 PM
Likes.

Doesn't hold a candle to George Best

"They say I slept with seven Miss Worlds. I didn't. It was only four. I didn't turn up for the other three."

https://www.irishpost.com/sport/19-iconic-george-best-memorable-quotes-155063

Mofra
12-09-2022, 05:02 PM
Life goes on. Remember it was the end of the club when Griffen left.

No shortage of grubs playing for the Lions.
We weren't in a window when Griffen left

angelopetraglia
12-09-2022, 05:03 PM
We weren't in a window when Griffen left

We actually were in a window, we just didn't know it yet.

Mofra
12-09-2022, 05:08 PM
We actually were in a window, we just didn't know it yet.
I can prove we weren't:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shane_Biggs

Shane 'Never forget' Biggs wasn't at the club in 2014.
Checkmate!

azabob
12-09-2022, 05:23 PM
I can prove we weren't:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shane_Biggs

Shane 'Never forget' Biggs wasn't at the club in 2014.
Checkmate!

When did pre season start for 2015?

G-Mo77
12-09-2022, 05:39 PM

Supporters are probably more hurt than anything. I'm sick of the whole will he stay or will he go rubbish and really looking forward to seeing the end of it all.

A Bulldog Premiership player so I'll always be grateful, it's just a disappointing finish to his stay here.

Mofra
12-09-2022, 06:38 PM
When did pre season start for 2015?
After the 2014 H&A season had ended and Griff was gone

Twodogs
12-09-2022, 07:50 PM
After the 2014 H&A season had ended and Griff was gone

It started without a senior coach. Rohan Smith took the mantle and was responsible for putting the players through their programs.

I think that we should ease up on some of the comments about Dunkley. He hasn't said one way or the other about whether he will stay or go and trade week is still more than a fortnight away. He's still a bulldog until he says otherwise and is traded out.

Go_Dogs
12-09-2022, 08:43 PM
I suspect Dunkley is waiting to see the outcome of finals and what offers stack up. If Brisbane lose this week because of their midfield, they’ll pony up. If they somehow win through to the GF, maybe it’s not as big a priority for them considering they’d lose at least one of their top 6 players as a result (and we’d be stupid to do a deal for anything but). Sydney potentially in the same boat.

Our offer and Port’s offer would be tabled.

Let’s wait and see what happens… I’m leaning towards he’s probably gone, but other things could still happen that change other club’s priorities.

kruder
12-09-2022, 08:46 PM
Boys and Girls Dunkley is gone 100% make no mistake.

1eyedog
12-09-2022, 09:03 PM
Pretty obvious he is out the door.

F'scary
12-09-2022, 09:05 PM

It's just a question of whether he goes to another club in Melbourne or one in South Australia or Kingsland.

whythelongface
12-09-2022, 09:24 PM

I have no doubt you are correct. Is your comment fact from a source or just your hunch based on a gut feel?

kruder
12-09-2022, 09:30 PM
I have no doubt you are correct. Is your comment fact from a source or just your hunch based on a gut feel?

Just feel mate. Dead man walking.....

I like Dunks, I don't want to bag him on the way out, still have my fingers crossed but reality is hitting us in the face. He is gone.

bornadog
13-09-2022, 12:10 AM
Just feel mate. Dead man walking.....

I like Dunks, I don't want to bag him on the way out, still have my fingers crossed but reality is hitting us in the face. He is gone.

Yep, otherwise he would have signed by now.

We need to make sure we get some decent draft picks for him

soupman
13-09-2022, 12:50 AM
Doesn't his old man hate the place and won't have anything to do with it? If that grudge is still going our Dunkley won't be going there.

Fwiw I have seen Dunkley (and Crozier) on multiple occasions staying at a house in Sydney on what seems like a getaway kind of thing so can't imagine he dislikes Sydney.

G-Mo77
13-09-2022, 03:51 AM
Fwiw I have seen Dunkley (and Crozier) on multiple occasions staying at a house in Sydney on what seems like a getaway kind of thing so can't imagine he dislikes Sydney.

Sorry, the term place was the wrong word. I was talking about the Sydney Swans. Doesn't ol man Dunkley have a major beef with them?

Bulldog4life
13-09-2022, 01:32 PM
If Dunks badly wants to get to Qld I hop the doggies sound out Gold Coast

Axe Man
15-09-2022, 10:14 AM
Josh Dunkley gives insight into potential trade decision (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/josh-dunkley-gives-insight-into-potential-trade-decision/news-story/2bc83e2226880919a9d855b4adaf44cd)

Bulldogs star Josh Dunkley says he will make a decision on his future in the next week.

The midfielder is weighing up options at Western Bulldogs, Port Adelaide and Brisbane.

“It’s tough,’’ Dunkley said.

“I’m not sure people understand how big a decision it is. It’s your life and you don’t want to be making the wrong decision. That’s what is taking time.

“Hoping in the next week or so to have made a call.”

Dunkley will take his partner Tippah Dwan, a netballer with the Adelaide Thunderbirds, to the Brownlow on Sunday.

The sporting power couple is being styled to the max — Josh wearing Joe Black, Tippah wearing Zian Couture via stylist Ramzy Nawzar; make up by Tre Dallas; grooming by Frank Ciccone and hair by Joey Scandizzo.

“I’ve been to the Brownlow before with my mum and teammates but this is the first time with a partner,’’ Dunkley said.

“It’s exciting. It’s all about the girls and it’ll be good fun to showcase my partner and my rock. The best thing is that we’re not a one-way street. We’re both committed to our sport and each other and we both give support.”

The couple will holiday in Fiji after the Bulldogs best and fairest later this month.

“I’ve never done anything like this before — Josh coming to the netball awards isn’t as big as the Brownlow,’’ Dwan said.

Nawzar said: “I have been working with Josh for over five years as his stylist and now get to work with his partner Tippah on her first Brownlow event which is exciting. I can’t wait to show what we have come up with as a team and let this power couple shine on the red carpet.”

bornadog
15-09-2022, 10:18 AM
Bulldogs star Josh Dunkley says he will make a decision on his future in the next week.

“I’m not sure people understand how big a decision it is. It’s your life and you don’t want to be making the wrong decision. That’s what is taking time.

Well Josh, I call bullshit - you know where you want to play, just waiting on Brisbane's finals exit.

If you choose another club, don't bother coming to best and fairest

Mantis
15-09-2022, 10:20 AM
Brand Dunks on full show... loving the use of ''power couple'' which hopefully gives the brand more exposure.

Seriously... GTFOOH!

Bulldog4life
15-09-2022, 10:37 AM
He can't make a decision before the Brownlow. He wouldn't know which table to sit on. ;)

MrMahatma
15-09-2022, 10:50 AM
What can he do? Respectfully for his desired home, Brisbane, he isn't announcing yet. We can all see that. What should he say?

Grantysghost
15-09-2022, 10:55 AM
He's had a stylist for 5 years!?

Bulldog4life
15-09-2022, 10:56 AM
What can he do? Respectfully for his desired home, Brisbane, he isn't announcing yet. We can all see that. What should he say?

Be loyal??? God he already wanted to leave once before. Loyalty is not in his makeup.

bornadog
15-09-2022, 11:03 AM

He should say I am leaving.

bornadog
15-09-2022, 11:05 AM
What will we take for Dunkley? Is this fair?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fcp4qaBagAEE0UM?format=jpg&name=medium

Axe Man
15-09-2022, 11:09 AM
He's had a stylist for 5 years!?

That was my biggest takeaway. #branddunks

hujsh
15-09-2022, 11:17 AM
What will we take for Dunkley? Is this fair?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fcp4qaBagAEE0UM?format=jpg&name=medium
It'd take that. 2 first round picks, even if later first round picks, is a good deal. Maybe throw in a future third or 4th or do some sort of pick swap if you feel it's slightly off

bornadog
15-09-2022, 11:27 AM
It'd take that. 2 first round picks, even if later first round picks, is a good deal. Maybe throw in a future third or 4th or do some sort of pick swap if you feel it's slightly off

I would take the above and be done with it, BUT, how is Brisbane going to do it and have enough points to get Ashcroft

MrMahatma
15-09-2022, 11:27 AM

15 is their current pick. Say they win the flag, it's 18? 19? And then we strengthen them and get next year's pick? Prob pick 15 or so at best.

Id be after at least 1 top 10 pick and then take a 2nd rounder as well. Not sure Brisbane have the currency.

1eyedog
15-09-2022, 11:31 AM
Josh is a nuffy.

Happy Days
15-09-2022, 11:37 AM
Josh Dunkley gives insight into potential trade decision (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/josh-dunkley-gives-insight-into-potential-trade-decision/news-story/2bc83e2226880919a9d855b4adaf44cd)

The midfielder is weighing up options at Western Bulldogs, Port Adelaide and Brisbane.

Dunkley will take his partner Tippah Dwan, a netballer with the Adelaide Thunderbirds, to the Brownlow on Sunday.

The sporting power couple is being styled to the max — Josh wearing Joe Black, Tippah wearing Zian Couture via stylist Ramzy Nawzar; make up by Tre Dallas; grooming by Frank Ciccone and hair by Joey Scandizzo.

“I’ve been to the Brownlow before with my mum and teammates but this is the first time with a partner,’’ Dunkley said.

“It’s exciting. It’s all about the girls and it’ll be good fun to showcase my partner and my rock. The best thing is that we’re not a one-way street. We’re both committed to our sport and each other and we both give support.”

The couple will holiday in Fiji after the Bulldogs best and fairest later this month.

“I’ve never done anything like this before — Josh coming to the netball awards isn’t as big as the Brownlow,’’ Dwan said.

Nawzar said: “I have been working with Josh for over five years as his stylist and now get to work with his partner Tippah on her first Brownlow event which is exciting. I can’t wait to show what we have come up with as a team and let this power couple shine on the red carpet.”

If you were unsure as to why Josh is drawing this out, then bullshit like this should make it pretty obvious. Six lines about his “difficult decision”, triple that on how hot his girlfriend and what they will both be wearing to the Brownlow.

I really just want him to leave so I can get to hating him already.

azabob
15-09-2022, 11:38 AM
If you were unsure as to why Josh is drawing this out, then bullshit like this should make it pretty obvious. Six lines about his “difficult decision”, triple that on how hot his girlfriend and what they will both be wearing to the Brownlow.

I really just want him to leave so I can get to hating him already.

One could already be confused....

Bulldog4life
15-09-2022, 11:40 AM
15 is their current pick. Say they win the flag, it's 18? 19? And then we strengthen them and get next year's pick? Prob pick 15 or so at best.

Id be after at least 1 top 10 pick and then take a 2nd rounder as well. Not sure Brisbane have the currency.

Agree a pick in top 10 plus this or next year second rounder. If you haven't got it find it. Not our problem. Otherwise come on down Gold Coast.

The Bulldogs Bite
15-09-2022, 11:41 AM
Dunks won't be missed by many, and it has nothing to do with his ability on the ground.

Mofra
15-09-2022, 12:04 PM
I'd do it for sure. I'd imagine we'd consider handing over our 4th & 5th rounders as well and get a late future pick back, we get points when we need them (next year) and Brissie get extra points this year.
Handshake agreement for us to take Gardiner as a FA seals the deal (Brisbane fans seem to think we've asked about him).

Mofra
15-09-2022, 12:04 PM
Dunks won't be missed by many, and it has nothing to do with his ability on the ground.
At this stage, I'm predicting mirror salesmen will be distraught he's leaving the state

Happy Days
15-09-2022, 12:10 PM
Why do we want Darcy Gardiner? He’s so bad?

Happy Days
15-09-2022, 12:11 PM
One could already be confused....

I will really miss that high five into point celebration he does. That looks sweet.

hujsh
15-09-2022, 12:12 PM
I'd do it for sure. I'd imagine we'd consider handing over our 4th & 5th rounders as well and get a late future pick back, we get points when we need them (next year) and Brissie get extra points this year.
Handshake agreement for us to take Gardiner as a FA seals the deal (Brisbane fans seem to think we've asked about him).

Gardiner seems like an ideal get for us. BAD would be upset but BAD was always going to think the new recruit is one of
a) short
b) slow
c) fat
d) lazy
e) short fat slow and lazy

whythelongface
15-09-2022, 12:13 PM
Is Dunks the new brand Beckham? What a snorefest this is turning out to be. I would rather sit through reruns of the Days of our Lives than be updated about B grade celebrity lives.

GVGjr
15-09-2022, 12:14 PM
Gardiner seems like it would be a perfect get for us. BAD would be upset but BAD was always going to think the new recruit is one of
a) short
b) slow
c) fat
d) lazy

You've missed old.

GVGjr
15-09-2022, 12:15 PM
Is Dunks the new brand Beckham? What a snorefest this is turning out to be. I would rather sit through reruns of the Days of our Lives than be updated about B grade celebrity lives.

He's delaying the inevitable until Brisbane season is over.

bornadog
15-09-2022, 12:17 PM
Gardiner seems like an ideal get for us. BAD would be upset but BAD was always going to think the new recruit is one of
a) short
b) slow
c) fat
d) lazy

You've missed old.

Spot on, no one wants a player with those attributes :D

On a serious note, is Darcy Gardiner any good?

F'scary
15-09-2022, 12:20 PM

Treloar.

EasternWest
15-09-2022, 12:25 PM

Of all the things I don't care about, I don't care about any of this the most.

MrMahatma
15-09-2022, 12:25 PM
I think most people are just sad he's leaving. Premiership player. One of our best this season. He's a very good footballer.

Lots of angst and emotion here.

He's gonna leave but can't/won't announce it until Brisbane go. We need to get the best deal.

To be fair to him, it's not like he's Luke Jackson and only stuck around for his first contract. He's been with us for a while. And even when he couldn't get to the Dons he played his a$$ off for the team.

I hope this turns into a positive. Get our list more balanced. He gets his cash. Win/Win.

bornadog
15-09-2022, 12:27 PM
Mitch Cleary@cleary_mitch

Brisbane has emerged as the favourite for Josh Dunkley…
But over the weekend Dunkley spent time in SA visiting his girlfriend and took the chance to meet senior Power players including Travis Boak

Keeping his options open

Bulldog4life
15-09-2022, 12:28 PM
I think most people are just sad he's leaving. Premiership player. One of our best this season. He's a very good footballer.

He's gonna leave but can't/won't announce it until Brisbane go. We need to get the best deal.

To be fair to him, it's not like he's Luke Jackson and only stuck around for his first contract. He's been with us for a while. And even when he couldn't get to the Dons he played his a$$ off for the team.

I hope this turns into a positive. Get our list more balanced. He gets his cash. Win/Win.

It all depends what we get for it to be win/win.

Happy Days
15-09-2022, 12:30 PM
I can’t see any way that Brisbane get assets together to make us better off than we would be with Dunks. I don’t rate Gardiner, like, at all and we could just get him as a free agent independent of this deal anyway. Their first this year will be at worst 16, and with Dunkley bolstering their midfield they’re probably better next year anyway.

If we really think we’re in the window then maybe our best move is not letting him go to Brisbane at all and letting North take him for free.

azabob
15-09-2022, 12:35 PM
Agree with Happy Days on Gardner.

Injuries have caught up with him so much I reckon Keath could out run him over 100m and then beat him in an agility challenge.

GVGjr
15-09-2022, 12:39 PM

Great points.
The club has even said he has been very engaged right through the season.
We can look for fault in the way this has dragged out because no one agrees with that but we can't fault the way he has trained and played for us.
From my perspective it will be sad if he goes which looks so likely now.

The Bulldogs Bite
15-09-2022, 12:41 PM
Looking through Brisbane's list, who might be of interest/possible to get?

- Lohmann (Haven't seen him play, seen him mentioned. Sounds like a type of player we could use)
- Robertson (Inside mid - seems unlikely given it's not a real need)
- Berry (Unrealistic, but I'd love him so I'm putting his name here)
- Prior (Seems a neat player, could play wing?)
- Gardiner (Free agent, lockdown defender. We could do worse)
- Payne (Not a fan)
- Wilmot (Seems entrenched as a personality, but we could do with his energy)

There's nothing outstandingly obvious in that list to target (besides Berry) but a mix of picks+ a player is what we'll need to aim for.

Mofra
15-09-2022, 12:43 PM
Dunks is the kind of guy who chooses kale salad as his 'cheat meal'

Happy Days
15-09-2022, 12:43 PM
Bailey. Accept no substitutes.

Mofra
15-09-2022, 12:44 PM
Keeping his options open
That post (and your response) almost sounds like he'd consider dating Travis Boak

F'scary
15-09-2022, 12:52 PM
That post (and your response) almost sounds like he'd consider dating Travis Boak

Travis Bloke

azabob
15-09-2022, 12:54 PM

- Lohmann (Haven't seen him play, seen him mentioned. Sounds like a type of player we could use)
- Payne (Not a fan)

There's nothing outstandingly obvious in that list to target (besides Berry) but a mix of picks+ a player is what we'll need to aim for.

I'd be targeting Robertson, Brandon Starcevich or Noah Answerth.

F'scary
15-09-2022, 12:56 PM

- Payne (Not a fan)

Not Mitch Robinson ����

[Edit: sorry I thought you wrote "Robinson"]

azabob
15-09-2022, 01:01 PM

If his words are putting people on tilt, wait till you actually see what colour his suit is... apparently it is a tan, ivory type get up.

jeemak
15-09-2022, 01:03 PM
He gets to showcase his girlfriend, his rock, and his stylist of five years is on the case.

#branddunks

F'scary
15-09-2022, 01:05 PM
I'd be targeting Robertson, Brandon Starcevich or Noah Answerth.

Whenever I hear that name Starcevich, I think of the Coodabeen Champions.

F'scary
15-09-2022, 01:06 PM
Just don't stuff up on your holiday, Josh, it could lower your trade value for us.

bornadog
15-09-2022, 01:11 PM
Agree with Happy Days on Gardner.

Injuries have caught up with him so much I reckon Keath could out run him over 100m and then beat him in an agility challenge.

Will be fun with the spelling on WOOF, if he joins us with our Gardner and Gardiner :D

Reading back, yeah maybe. Who knows with Dunks

SquirrelGrip
15-09-2022, 02:00 PM

- Payne (Not a fan)

Swap for Cam Rayner.

EasternWest
15-09-2022, 02:21 PM

Who wouldn't though? I would. He's dreamy. Probably his only downside is his penchant for putting Bulldogs to the sword.

Mofra
15-09-2022, 02:22 PM
Who wouldn't though? I would. He's dreamy. Probably his only downside is his penchant for putting Bulldogs to the sword.
Phrasing...

EasternWest
15-09-2022, 02:28 PM
Phrasing...

You think that was an accident my sweet summer child?

GVGjr
15-09-2022, 03:38 PM
Whenever I hear that name Starcevich, I think of the Coodabeen Champions.

How funny was Timmy telling Tony during talk back "I still like Craig Starcevich" after he left Collingwood.

bornadog
15-09-2022, 04:01 PM
How funny was Timmy telling Tony during talk back "I still like Craig Starcevich" after he left Collingwood.

Timmy also said Brisbane's Starcevich should be playing for Collingwood through Uncle/nephew

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
16-09-2022, 11:51 AM
I just don't understand how Brisbane are going to have anything close to the draft capital to secure Will Ashcroft (and isn't there another Father/son or NGA kid too they want??) and Dunkley??
I'm not for losing him for nothing, but I'd almost rather that than accept a rubbish offer for him that also makes Brisbane stronger. If it comes to that, let him walk to North Melbourne in the draft.

GVGjr
16-09-2022, 12:00 PM
I just don't understand how Brisbane are going to have anything close to the draft capital to secure Will Ashcroft (and isn't there another Father/son or NGA kid too they want??) and Dunkley??
I'm not for losing him for nothing, but I'd almost rather that than accept a rubbish offer for him that also makes Brisbane stronger. If it comes to that, let him walk to North Melbourne in the draft.

It's the most difficult of clubs for us to do well out of and the timing is poor. If it was the Suns it would be a very different story.
It seems like next years 1st rounder would be in play but perhaps a player coming back could help balance things.
Dunkley to Brisbane is a far from ideal location for him to nominate from our perspective.

bornadog
16-09-2022, 12:02 PM
It's the most difficult of clubs for us to do well out of and the timing is poor. If it was the Suns it would be a very different story.
It seems like next years 1st rounder would be in play but perhaps a player coming back could help balance things.
Dunkley to Brisbane is a far from ideal location for him to nominate from our perspective.

they should pickup early draft picks for McStay and maybe Gardiner, that will help them.

Axe Man
16-09-2022, 12:04 PM
If Brisbane win tonight this whole circus is going to go on for another week and a half.

GVGjr
16-09-2022, 12:11 PM
they should pickup early draft picks for McStay and maybe Gardiner, that will help them.

Good point but two father sons will be their priority.

Twodogs
16-09-2022, 03:17 PM
Bailey. Accept no substitutes.

For sure. We need more Baileys.

Scraggers
16-09-2022, 04:41 PM
So Dunkley is waiting on Brisbane to fall out of the finals before announcing his intentions ... Why? Tanner Bruhn has nominated Geelong? Why does he have to wait?

Axe Man
16-09-2022, 04:51 PM
So Dunkley is waiting on Brisbane to fall out of the finals before announcing his intentions ... Why? Tanner Bruhn has nominated Geelong? Why does he have to wait?

Not official yet:

Bruhn has not officially told the Giants he wants to play at Geelong but the former Geelong Grammar student will play at the Cats next year.

Grantysghost
16-09-2022, 05:04 PM
Not official yet:

Think it was mentioned like 3 months ago.

I'm so over Geelong. This kid can play.

Axe Man
16-09-2022, 05:48 PM
Think it was mentioned like 3 months ago.

I'm so over Geelong. This kid can play.

Everyone knows it's going to happen but Bruhn and GWS haven't officially announced it yet, presumably because Geelong are still playing. Most likely the same as Dunkley and Brisbane.

bornadog
16-09-2022, 06:05 PM

Yeah, I don't get it either, just because they are in finals? Weird

Grantysghost
16-09-2022, 06:14 PM
Yeah, I don't get it either, just because they are in finals? Weird

#branddunks

jeemak
16-09-2022, 07:56 PM
It would be a complete disaster if Dunkley's signing was overshadowed by Brisbane making a grand final, he couldn't possibly risk it!

If they make a grand final and lose it, then it's beautiful for Dunkley because he can position himself as the missing link in the mega-trade deal to outshine all trade deals!

However, should they win the GF he will continue to play for the Dogs and position himself as a loyal servant that just couldn't abandon the club during its pursuit for redemption and premiership glory!

#branddunks

Bumper Bulldogs
16-09-2022, 08:21 PM
If Brisbane win tonight this whole circus is going to go on for another week and a half.

Yep really over the saga. Just call out if your staying or if your going. The rest I’ll take care of itself. Dunks it time to man up. If you don’t want to go just call it out.

The silence is deafening

jazzadogs
16-09-2022, 08:41 PM
Yep really over the saga. Just call out if your staying or if your going. The rest I’ll take care of itself. Dunks it time to man up. If you don’t want to go just call it out.

The silence is deafening

Yeh I think the delayed 'decision' just shows that it's not the Dogs. Which he could just come out and say without being a distraction to the Lions.

I think it's pretty disrespectful to the club if he has made the decision to leave and not communicated it.

G-Mo77
16-09-2022, 08:44 PM
Yeh I think the delayed 'decision' just shows that it's not the Dogs. Which he could just come out and say without being a distraction to the Lions.

I think it's pretty disrespectful to the club if he has made the decision to leave and not communicated it.

I just want him gone. I don't want him to sign anymore and I'm at the stage I'll be disappointed if he does stay. Just announce it and go already.

bornadog
16-09-2022, 08:44 PM
I just want him gone. I don't want him to sign anymore and I'm at the stage I'll be disappointed if he does stay. Just announce it and go already.

Twice he has tried to leave so obvious he doesn't want to stay

dog town
16-09-2022, 09:19 PM
Bit going around on Twitter that he informed Brisbane today that he was heading up there.

Grantysghost
16-09-2022, 09:27 PM
Lions do look a mid short tonight so far Dunks will ease the pressure on Neale.

bornadog
16-09-2022, 10:02 PM
Bit going around on Twitter that he informed Brisbane today that he was heading up there.

He wants to use his invite to Brownlow and B&F and then he will nominate

azabob
16-09-2022, 10:22 PM
He wants to use his invite to Brownlow and B&F and then he will nominate

Damn. That is the most sensible answer and most logical answer yet.

Happy Days
16-09-2022, 10:23 PM

Same guys that said he was signing with us for 6 years?

G-Mo77
16-09-2022, 10:29 PM
Same guys that said he was signing with us for 6 years?

Just turn the bullshit meter on HD. Anyone can make up a rumour and plenty do this time of year. It's quite amazing how many people have their finger on the pulse of the inner sanctum of football clubs.

Twodogs
16-09-2022, 10:40 PM

One guy who said that he had heard it from a source at the Lions deletes his tweets when he gets them wrong.