PDA

View Full Version : Trade Dunkley

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16

MrMahatma
21-09-2022, 03:08 PM
Brisbane will just sack Fagan long before they lose players IMO.

100%.

bulldogtragic
21-09-2022, 03:09 PM
Brisbane will just sack Fagan long before they lose players IMO.

They’re already talking to Sam Power and Dunkley. We should be contacting every Brisbane player manager as we have the right to do to work in the Dunkley trade to see if they want out. They won’t sack him in time, if they do after squibbing it today.

bornadog
21-09-2022, 03:16 PM
They’re already talking to Sam Power and Dunkley. We should be contacting every Brisbane player manager as we have the right to do to work in the Dunkley trade to see if they want out. They won’t sack him in time, if they do after squibbing it today.

Harris Andrews would be nice

GVGjr
21-09-2022, 03:19 PM
Andrew Harris would be nice

Harrison Andrews :)

Dancin' Douggy
21-09-2022, 03:20 PM
Charlie Cameron come on down

The Bulldogs Bite
21-09-2022, 03:21 PM
Charlie Cameron come on down

His phone must be going off the hook right now!

bornadog
21-09-2022, 03:21 PM

Yeah him too :D

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
21-09-2022, 03:55 PM

Harris Andrews perhaps

1eyedog
21-09-2022, 04:04 PM
Wow a few years of Charlie would be awesome.

bornadog
21-09-2022, 04:11 PM
Harris Andrews perhaps

Even better :D :D

SonofScray
22-09-2022, 12:38 AM
Wow a few years of Charlie would be awesome.

Didn’t do Keith Richards any harm.

Sedat
22-09-2022, 02:56 AM
Didn’t do Keith Richards any harm.
Just remember, every cigarette you have takes 30 minutes off your life and gives it to Keith Richards.

1eyedog
22-09-2022, 09:27 AM
Just remember, every cigarette you have takes 30 minutes off your life and gives it to Keith Richards.

Yeah our kids really need to start thinking about the world we're gonna be leaving to Keith Richards.

Mofra
22-09-2022, 10:41 AM
I'm going to see Keith Richards play, a proud family tradition that stretches back 5 generations

WBFC4FFC
23-09-2022, 04:45 PM
Exactly. I hope some good Brisbane players refuse to stay there and look to our club culture. This trade could have been blown wide open.

Hopefully Bevo is not implicated in any of this Hawks stuff with the alleged treatment of Indiginous players. He was a line coach in his time over there.

I see the CEO of the MCC who was CEO of the Hawks during that time remains in his role as he has not been implicated. Let’s hope the same for Bevo.

bulldogtragic
24-09-2022, 11:28 AM
It is AFEL makey upey, but...

Motlop, 4 years, $500,000 a season - End of First Round compo, Pick 19

McStay, 5 years, $600,000 a season - TBA

Come on Gil, do us a solid on the way out, at least Pick 19.

GVGjr
24-09-2022, 11:49 AM
It is AFEL makey upey, but...

Motlop, 4 years, $500,000 a season - End of First Round compo, Pick 19

McStay, 5 years, $600,000 a season - TBA

Come on Gil, do us a solid on the way out, at least Pick 19.

He's not a free agent BT, Brisbane will need to trade with us.

bulldogtragic
24-09-2022, 11:57 AM
He's not a free agent BT, Brisbane will need to trade with us.

Yes, but if Brisbane have picks 15, 19 (McStay compo), 33 , 44 and a future first rounder - they've got enough draft capital to secure their father/sons and forced to pay through the nose for Dunkley.

The McStay compo makes the likelyhood of a better Dunkley trade much better in my humble.

bulldogtragic
24-09-2022, 12:47 PM
A quick comparison of what I think is the nearest recent trade on value:

Josh Dunkley 2022 averages on 23 games: 25.4 Disposals, 6.2 Marks, 6.1 Tackles, 4.4 Clearances .6 Goal Assists - Total 13 Goals, 11 Behinds

Dylan Shiel 2018 averages on 23 games: 26 Disposals, 3 Marks, 3.1 Tackles, 4.1 clearances, 2 Goal Assists - Total 6 Goals, 14 Behinds

Shiel Trade: Pick 9, Future Pick 11 to GWS - Shiel and Pick 31 (natural selection before bidding, compo etc)

Dogs demand: Has to be Pick 15 and Future 1st - Dunkley, Pick 65 (if they want it) and ....

... swaps maybe?

- Pick 29 & 37 from us to Brisbane - for - incoming Pick 33 & 44 (slight downgrade in 2nd and 3rd; which 'if' being traded makes no real difference to us as i don't see a Lobb or Collins type trade falling over by a few picks). It's what we did with the Akermanis trade. We promised a second rounder for the trade, but then did a seperate trade for MacDougall which downgraded our second rounder which we sent to Brisbane. If we are promising second and third rounders for player trades, this pick swap allows us to honour our word while bring in two first round picks. Giving Sam Power FOUR first round selections to make a decison on in 2022/2023.

Brisbane net an extra 150 Draft Points equal to Pick 58.

So Dunkley & Pick 58 in points (& 65 if wanted - if so, the points are then equal to Pick 51) - For two firsts
- So Dunkley & Pick 51 in points - For two firsts
- Vs Shiel & Pick 31 - For two earlier firsts, being Picks 9 and 11, here circa Picks 15 and 15.

Seems like a fair trade.

(Playing at home, for the record:

Dogs picks 29 & 59 for McDougall & Pick 34
Pick 34 for Akermanis

History rhyming a little bit maybe)

Mofra
24-09-2022, 12:51 PM
A quick comparison of what I think is the nearest recent trade on value:

Josh Dunkley 2022 averages on 23 games: 25.4 Disposals, 6.2 Marks, 6.1 Tackles, 4.4 Clearances .6 Goal Assists - Total 13 Goals, 11 Behinds

Dylan Shiel 2018 averages on 23 games: 26 Disposals, 3 Marks, 3.1 Tackles, 4.1 clearances, 2 Goal Assists - Total 6 Goals, 14 Behinds

Shiel Trade: Pick 9, Future Pick 11 to GWS - Shiel and Pick 31 (natural selection before bidding, compo etc)

Dogs demand: Has to be Pick 15 and Future 1st - Dunkley, Pick 65 (if they want it) and ....

... swaps maybe?

- Pick 29 & 37 from us to Brisbane - for - incoming Pick 33 & 44 (slight downgrade in 2nd and 3rd; which is being traded makes no real difference to us as i don't see a Lobb or Collins type trade falling over by a few picks). It's what we did with the Akermanis trade. We promised a second rounder for the trade, but then did a seperate trade for MacDougall which downgraded our second rounder which we sent to Brisbane. If we are promising second and third rounders for player trades, this pick swap allows us to honour our word while bring in two first round picks.
This is a fair summation - I suspect any haggling will be over the later picks to even the trade up.
I'd love to get two picks in the teens and find a way to take a pick in the 20s to draft as well.

I note the players we've been linked to are either salary dumps or not worth too much draft capital so I suspect (and hope) Power plans to hit the draft this year.
Take a small crumbing forward with a later pick (I've noted the WA kids on West Coast & Freo lists taken late) and rookie a ruck and we'll be fairly well set up.

Axe Man
26-09-2022, 07:40 PM
LIONS HUNT FOR MORE PICKS (https://www.afl.com.au/news/852039/docker-deal-getting-close-lions-hunt-picks-big-saint-going-again?fbclid=IwAR10coJvUKe34jBUe-L7u5I-Uw1WDe6JXHIyLDEdpKvJmFcsEdHc3jU7NaQ)

BRISBANE is on the hunt for more draft picks as the Lions face a busy trade period luring Josh Dunkley to the Gabba as well as father-son pair Will Ashcroft and Jaspa Fletcher.

The Lions have had discussions with multiple clubs around attaining more draft swaps, including Gold Coast, which looms as a possible pick swap partner given its suite of selections.

The Suns are prepared to put pick No.7 on the trade table for the club that takes on Jack Bowes and his heavily backended contract, but also have a stack of other selections that the Lions could eye in the second and third rounds – No.25, 31, 34, 43, 52 (worth 2528 draft points).

Brisbane currently has picks No.15, 33, 44 and 69 (worth 2086 points) in the first four rounds of the draft, but faces matching a bid on gun youngster Ashcroft at the No.1 pick and potentially Fletcher as well within the first round.

The club can go into a points deficit for next year, but will still need to satisfy the Western Bulldogs on a trade for Dunkley.

The Dogs are pushing for two first-round picks in return for Dunkley, who is out of contract but not a free agent. – Callum Twomey

Grantysghost
26-09-2022, 07:50 PM
LIONS HUNT FOR MORE PICKS (https://www.afl.com.au/news/852039/docker-deal-getting-close-lions-hunt-picks-big-saint-going-again?fbclid=IwAR10coJvUKe34jBUe-L7u5I-Uw1WDe6JXHIyLDEdpKvJmFcsEdHc3jU7NaQ)

BRISBANE is on the hunt for more draft picks as the Lions face a busy trade period luring Josh Dunkley to the Gabba as well as father-son pair Will Ashcroft and Jaspa Fletcher.

The Lions have had discussions with multiple clubs around attaining more draft swaps, including Gold Coast, which looms as a possible pick swap partner given its suite of selections.

The Suns are prepared to put pick No.7 on the trade table for the club that takes on Jack Bowes and his heavily backended contract, but also have a stack of other selections that the Lions could eye in the second and third rounds – No.25, 31, 34, 43, 52 (worth 2528 draft points).

Brisbane currently has picks No.15, 33, 44 and 69 (worth 2086 points) in the first four rounds of the draft, but faces matching a bid on gun youngster Ashcroft at the No.1 pick and potentially Fletcher as well within the first round.

The club can go into a points deficit for next year, but will still need to satisfy the Western Bulldogs on a trade for Dunkley.

The Dogs are pushing for two first-round picks in return for Dunkley, who is out of contract but not a free agent. – Callum Twomey

Axeman can you please explain the points deficit scenario so I don't have to look it up and explain it to EW?

bornadog
26-09-2022, 07:55 PM
Pick 7 and 15 perfect

EasternWest
26-09-2022, 07:57 PM
Axeman can you please explain the points deficit scenario so I don't have to look it up and explain it to EW?

No please do then I can dumb it down to azabob level;););).

bornadog
26-09-2022, 07:58 PM

Perfect

Axe Man
26-09-2022, 09:19 PM

Haha. Essentially if a club chooses to match a bid but does not have sufficient points attached to their draft picks this year they can carry a points deficit into next year. Their first draft pick next year will slide down the draft order to the tune of the points deficit.

Grantysghost
26-09-2022, 09:21 PM
Haha. Essentially if a club chooses to match a bid but does not have sufficient points attached to their draft picks this year they can carry a points deficit into next year. Their first draft pick next year will slide down the draft order to the tune of the points deficit.

Get that EW?

I totally knew that, but your explanation so much clearer.

https://youtu.be/DAXjozI4-q4

azabob
26-09-2022, 09:29 PM

I’m still waiting. Don’t make me go over your head and ask BT.

Grantysghost
26-09-2022, 09:35 PM

Basically if you borrow picks from Geelong now in the third round they will get every free agent and the league goes into deficit.

EasternWest
26-09-2022, 10:21 PM
Get that EW?

I totally knew that, but your explanation so much clearer.

https://youtu.be/DAXjozI4-q4

Yes.

If you spend more than you've got, you can pay next year. It's afterpay for the meat market.

Can you simplify it now for jazzadogs?

bulldogtragic
27-09-2022, 02:29 PM
Compo Watch

McStay 5 x $600,000

Port’s expecting compo for Amon, 5 x $650,000

“We need to wait and see on that. It’s probably the most lucrative free agent deal from what we know through this free agency period. It will be interesting to see where the AFL end up with it… We’re not 100 per cent sure at the moment, we’ll let things play out. But I think it’s got to be close to a first rounder, if not an end of first-round selection.”

You’d have to think if they get that Brisbane would too. $50,000 a season shouldn’t drop the compo out of the first round. Which makes things easier for Dunkley.

Hopefully Amon & McStay get done Friday, with compo, and gives everyone some extra time.

Swoop
27-09-2022, 02:36 PM
It's impossible trying to predict the "secret formula" but comparatively, Scott Lycett left West Coast for a 3 million dollar contract over 5 years. West Coast received Pick 20 as compensation which seems to be a good precedent.

bulldogtragic
27-09-2022, 02:39 PM
It's impossible trying to predict the "secret formula" but comparatively, Scott Lycett left West Coast for a 3 million dollar contract over 5 years. West Coast received Pick 20 as compensation which seems to be a good precedent.

Same for Motlop. It’s ‘makey upey’.

Hopefully the AFEL see it fit to grease these movements with first round/end of first round compo.

bornadog
27-09-2022, 02:40 PM

This what I hate about the AFL - the secret formula. Surely they can come up with something so we know how it is worked out.

Grantysghost
27-09-2022, 02:42 PM
Same for Motlop. It’s ‘makey upey’.

Hopefully the AFEL see it fit to grease these movements with first round/end of first round compo.

19 for Motlop wasn't that just in time for Gazza?

bulldogtragic
27-09-2022, 02:55 PM
This what I hate about the AFL - the secret formula. Surely they can come up with something so we know how it is worked out.

19 for Motlop wasn't that just in time for Gazza?

Yes, Gaz.

That’s the formula. How much media scan rigged compo get them in the non-Melbourne media. See Lycett/WA, Port and Motlop/Geelong, GCS, Port.

Dunkley first round compo buys the Brisbane Lions the winner of the list management period with Dunkley, Ashcroft, Fletcher, Pick 19 or 20 for McStay. So they should be fine for end of first round. Plenty of Courier Mail text space in this outcome.

mjp
27-09-2022, 03:41 PM
It's a shame we can't just swap Dunkley for Amon.

That would be a trade I could get behind.

hujsh
27-09-2022, 05:17 PM
Who has a Herald Sun subscription so they can tell me what BS he's serving up?

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=HSWEB_WRE170_a_TWT&dest=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.heraldsun.com.au%2Fsport%2Fafl%2Fafl-trade-news-north-brisbane-and-essendon-disadvantaged-in-trade-week-without-coaches%2Fnews-story%2Fa3f67329c6ab31edf2d3d03c19ad9175&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium&v21=dynamic-high-control-score&V21spcbehaviour=append

bornadog
27-09-2022, 05:18 PM
Has anyone read this: bit.ly/3flGRsG (https://t.co/GmimfMAQkc) (HUN on why Dunkley leaving)

I don't have access

Edit Hujsh beat me to it.

hujsh
27-09-2022, 05:20 PM
Has anyone read this: bit.ly/3flGRsG (https://t.co/GmimfMAQkc) (HUN on why Dunkley leaving)

I don't have access

Edit Hujsh beat me to it.

I never sleep on Dunks news.

Grantysghost
27-09-2022, 05:21 PM
The day before the B and F?

Seriously!

GVGjr
27-09-2022, 05:21 PM
Who has a Herald Sun subscription so they can tell me what BS he's serving up?

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=HSWEB_WRE170_a_TWT&dest=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.heraldsun.com.au%2Fsport%2Fafl%2Fafl-trade-news-north-brisbane-and-essendon-disadvantaged-in-trade-week-without-coaches%2Fnews-story%2Fa3f67329c6ab31edf2d3d03c19ad9175&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium&v21=dynamic-high-control-score&V21spcbehaviour=append

Brisbane-bound midfielder Josh Dunkley says he is confident Chris Fagan will be his coach at the Lions next year as he denied a culture issue was at play in his second trade request in two years.

Dunkley will move to Brisbane if the Lions can broker a trade with the Western Bulldogs, but says after 18 goals in his outstanding 2022 season he is prepared to play mid-forward in an onball unit that includes Lachie Neale and Hugh McCluggage.

The Herald Sun revealed last week Dunkley would sign a six-year deal worth $750,000 per year, and Dunkley said he had genuinely been unsure about his decision until last Monday when he officially asked for a trade.

He told the Herald Sun at the TAB Spring Racing launch that while Fagan could not go into details about the accusations from First Nations players about conduct in his time at Hawthorn, Dunkley believes will would coach the Lions next year.

“It was a tough decision and something I had to think about a lot,” he said of his trade request.

“Weighing up my life here (in Melbourne) and in Adelaide with my partner Tippah and my life in Brisbane as well. So at the end of the day I feel like it’s a good lifestyle decision and they have an exciting list up there.

“Fages was really good. He is really disappointed and everyone knows that. It’s been on the public record that he has been struggling with it, but he’s a great person and we didn’t talk too much about it. He just wanted to reassure me that he feels like he hasn’t done too much wrong and with the situation that is going on, it’s hard to talk about.

“It definitely didn’t make me second guess. Everyone has backed him in and all the news reports have backed him in, and from what I have had to do with him in such little time he’s such a good human being and he’s really cared for me, and I am looking forward to that relationship and getting up and meeting him.”

Treloar’s great mate Adam Treloar’s partner Kim Ravaillion is in Brisbane playing Super Netball, and he is likely to join her once his AFL career is finished.

It means that while it will be difficult for Dunkley to leave his best friend, they will be reunited in Queensland in coming years, with the 25-year-old adamant the decision was based around lifestyle.

His partner Tippah plays Super Netball with Adelaide and while all contracts in the league are up at the end of next year, she loves the exciting young side she is playing with.

But in the long-term they will settle in Queensland, with 2016 premiership player Dunkley describing it as an offer too good to refuse.

Dunkley asked for a trade to Essendon at the end of 2020 amid the turbulent finish to the club’s hub experience in Queensland, but is adamant the Dogs culture is sound.

It is no secret the ultra-professional Dunkley led the charge on that front at the Dogs, but he said his relationship with coach Luke Beveridge was good.

“I think that was never an issue. It was more for me the on-field stuff and my role and the lifestyle. I feel like I can improve my footy again in the team up there. The culture stuff never came into my decision making.

“The culture is really good at the (Bulldogs) footy club. The boys are really close

“This year has been the best year out of all of them. It was a good step in the right direction after the grand final, so there is no bad blood.

“Bevo was really good to speak to on the phone. We have had a great relationship from day one and before I was drafted he spoke to me about how much I can be a role model and leader, so Bevo has been great for me and he’s like a father figure.

“I said to Bevo it was more of a lifestyle choice. He backed it in and said he completely understands the long-term deal was appealing.”

bornadog
27-09-2022, 05:22 PM
Actually it is the money as suspected. An offer to good to refuse.

Wanker as far as I am concerned.

hujsh
27-09-2022, 05:28 PM
Well lets get out of the way that it's good of him to at least not throw the club under the bus by denying the culture issue allegations.

BUT OH MAN does the part about 'Fages' read as tone deaf. Not a good look for Brand Dunks.

“Fages was really good. He is really disappointed and everyone knows that. It’s been on the public record that he has been struggling with it, but he’s a great person and we didn’t talk too much about it. He just wanted to reassure me that he feels like he hasn’t done too much wrong and with the situation that is going on, it’s hard to talk about.

“It definitely didn’t make me second guess. Everyone has backed him in and all the news reports have backed him in, and from what I have had to do with him in such little time he’s such a good human being and he’s really cared for me, and I am looking forward to that relationship and getting up and meeting him.”

Yikes

Grantysghost
27-09-2022, 05:29 PM
Actually it is the money as suspected. An offer to good to refuse.

Wanker as far as I am concerned.

Spoke to Bevo on the phone?

I don't care about the money, but that tells me more about the guy.

He's not going to the B and F.

Grantysghost
27-09-2022, 05:30 PM
Well lets get out of the way that it's good of him to at least not throw the club under the bus by denying the culture issue allegations.

BUT OH MAN does the part about 'Fages' read as tone deaf. Not a good look for Brand Dunks.

Yikes

Cringe worthy.

How hard is it to say, there's an ongoing investigation I wont make any comment regarding that.

My interactions with "Fages" have been positive.

1eyedog
27-09-2022, 05:31 PM

Do you question the Colonel when you're eating his secret ingredient chicken BAD? No, you just eat the damn chicken!

Grantysghost
27-09-2022, 05:32 PM
Also : He told the Herald Sun at the TAB Spring Racing launch

GOLD!

#branddunks

bulldogtragic
27-09-2022, 05:35 PM
6 x $750,000

Don’t even pretend two first rounders isn’t the minimum (swaps permitting).

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
27-09-2022, 05:40 PM
Blah blah blah

bornadog
27-09-2022, 05:52 PM
Spoke to Bevo on the phone?

I don't care about the money, but that tells me more about the guy.

Send us a message if he is there.

I don't normally go as the missus hates those nights.

chef
27-09-2022, 06:05 PM

Surely if theres a chance he wins it we rig it so he doesn't

Swoop
27-09-2022, 06:08 PM
All players including Dunkley need to make an effort to remove themselves from the whole Hawthorn discussion. There is an ongoing investigation that is being compromised with clubs and players making statements.

It's ok to say that I'm not able to comment on the situation blab blah blah. Coming out and saying that I know so and so is a good bloke so I'm sure it's all going to be ok discredits and trivliases those people who have been quite traumatised by this. Let the investigation run its course without commentary on a topic they really don't know anything about.

Bulldog4life
27-09-2022, 06:11 PM
More importantly Up Yours Caro.

Bulldog4life
27-09-2022, 06:13 PM
Brisbane-bound midfielder Josh Dunkley says he is confident Chris Fagan will be his coach at the Lions next year as he denied a culture issue was at play in his second trade request in two years.

Dunkley will move to Brisbane if the Lions can broker a trade with the Western Bulldogs, but says after 18 goals in his outstanding 2022 season he is prepared to play mid-forward in an onball unit that includes Lachie Neale and Hugh McCluggage.

The Herald Sun revealed last week Dunkley would sign a six-year deal worth $750,000 per year, and Dunkley said he had genuinely been unsure about his decision until last Monday when he officially asked for a trade.

He told the Herald Sun at the TAB Spring Racing launch that while Fagan could not go into details about the accusations from First Nations players about conduct in his time at Hawthorn, Dunkley believes will would coach the Lions next year.

“It was a tough decision and something I had to think about a lot,” he said of his trade request.

“Weighing up my life here (in Melbourne) and in Adelaide with my partner Tippah and my life in Brisbane as well. So at the end of the day I feel like it’s a good lifestyle decision and they have an exciting list up there.

Treloar’s great mate Adam Treloar’s partner Kim Ravaillion is in Brisbane playing Super Netball, and he is likely to join her once his AFL career is finished.

It means that while it will be difficult for Dunkley to leave his best friend, they will be reunited in Queensland in coming years, with the 25-year-old adamant the decision was based around lifestyle.

His partner Tippah plays Super Netball with Adelaide and while all contracts in the league are up at the end of next year, she loves the exciting young side she is playing with.

But in the long-term they will settle in Queensland, with 2016 premiership player Dunkley describing it as an offer too good to refuse.

Dunkley asked for a trade to Essendon at the end of 2020 amid the turbulent finish to the club’s hub experience in Queensland, but is adamant the Dogs culture is sound.

It is no secret the ultra-professional Dunkley led the charge on that front at the Dogs, but he said his relationship with coach Luke Beveridge was good.

“I think that was never an issue. It was more for me the on-field stuff and my role and the lifestyle. I feel like I can improve my footy again in the team up there. The culture stuff never came into my decision making.

“The culture is really good at the (Bulldogs) footy club. The boys are really close

“This year has been the best year out of all of them. It was a good step in the right direction after the grand final, so there is no bad blood.

“Bevo was really good to speak to on the phone. We have had a great relationship from day one and before I was drafted he spoke to me about how much I can be a role model and leader, so Bevo has been great for me and he’s like a father figure.

“I said to Bevo it was more of a lifestyle choice. He backed it in and said he completely understands the long-term deal was appealing.”

But Fagan has done something wrong. Just not too much.

Axe Man
27-09-2022, 07:00 PM
Apparently Brisbane another in the long line of clubs interested in making the Bowes deal with Gold Coast. Us ending up with pick 7 as part of the Dunkley deal wouldn't be a bad result.

Grantysghost
27-09-2022, 07:01 PM
Send us a message if he is there.

I don't normally go as the missus hates those nights.

Will do - we have before drinks so I'll know early (I'll ask Marra).

GVGjr
27-09-2022, 07:03 PM
Apparently Brisbane another in the long line of clubs interested in making the Bowes deal with Gold Coast. Us ending up with pick 7 as part of the Dunkley deal wouldn't be a bad result.

If so, that would be a great endorsement of how they're managing their salary cap.
Pick 7 for Dunks would be around the mark but I'd want a future 3rd.

bulldogtragic
27-09-2022, 07:06 PM
If so, that would be a great endorsement of how they're managing their salary cap.

Not greedy enough. Pick 7 (8 after Ashcroft) and swap of their future first- for their future second puts it on par with the Dylan Shiel trade. Being Pick 9 and the future swap.

Axe Man
27-09-2022, 07:07 PM

Yeah not sure how they could bring in Dunkley on $750K and Bowes on $850K (even if they extended and flattened out the Bowes deal a bit), whilst only losing McStay of note.

bornadog
27-09-2022, 08:01 PM
Yeah not sure how they could bring in Dunkley on $750K and Bowes on $850K (even if they extended and flattened out the Bowes deal a bit), whilst only losing McStay of note.

Maybe planning on losing more, like Gardiner

F'scary
27-09-2022, 08:23 PM
Not greedy enough. Pick 7 (8 after Ashcroft) and swap of their future first- for their future second puts it on par with the Dylan Shiel trade. Being Pick 9 and the future swap.

Clarify, in addition to pick 7 (8 after Ashcroft) you mean a swap of Brions future first with WB's future second?

bulldogtragic
27-09-2022, 08:30 PM
Clarify, in addition to pick 7 (8 after Ashcroft) you mean a swap of Brions future first with WB's future second?

Sorry there.

If they gave us Pick 7 this year, it will be in effect Pick 8 once they match the bid on Ashcroft. So in reality, we are getting Pick 8.

Then next year exchange their 1st, for our 2nd.

Results in: Pick 7 (8) & Future First rounder for Dunkley & Future Second.

Shiel trade: Pick 9 & Future First rounder for Shiel & Future Second.

Why:

Dunkley has a better year than Shiel
Similar career trajectory
Same age at trade time
Both monster contracts are 6 years, circa $750,000

That’s only if they somehow got Pick 7.

jazzadogs
27-09-2022, 08:50 PM
Sorry there.

If they gave us Pick 7 this year, it will be in effect Pick 8 once they match the bid on Ashcroft. So in reality, we are getting Pick 8.

Then next year exchange their 1st, for our 2nd.

Results in: Pick 7 (8) & Future First rounder for Dunkley & Future Second.

Shiel trade: Pick 9 & Future First rounder for Shiel & Future Second.

Why:

Dunkley has a better year than Shiel
Similar career trajectory
Same age at trade time
Both monster contracts are 6 years, circa $750,000

That’s only if they somehow got Pick 7.

I'd also suggest they would prefer a our second rounder this year, rather than future. So we would get pick 7 plus future first, for Dunkley and this year's 2nd.

bulldogtragic
27-09-2022, 09:03 PM
I'd also suggest they would prefer a our second rounder this year, rather than future. So we would get pick 7 plus future first, for Dunkley and this year's 2nd.

I could live with this year, but prefer combining Pick 37 & 65 (points) over Pick 29. I'm still not sure exactly how they have cash for Bowes to get Pick 7. Unless Dunkley is back ending his contract to the expected retirement of some bigger cash players like Daniher etc??? (And they're still chasing Gunston...)

I still think the more likely outcome is their Pick 15, future first and then swaps of our Picks 29 & 37 to Brisbane, for their Picks 33 & 44. Then dangle Pick 33 for Lobb.

jazzadogs
27-09-2022, 09:08 PM
I could live with this year, but prefer combining Pick 37 & 65 (points) over Pick 29. I'm still not sure exactly how they have cash for Bowes to get Pick 7. Unless Dunkley is back ending his contract to the expected retirement of some bigger cash players like Daniher etc???

I still think the more likely outcome is their Pick 15, future first and then swaps of our Picks 29 & 37 to Brisbane, for their Picks 33 & 44. Then dangle Pick 33 for Lobb.

Yeh that's fair. I guess my point was that they will want more currency for this year.

bulldogtragic
27-09-2022, 09:14 PM
Yeh that's fair. I guess my point was that they will want more currency for this year.

You're dead right. Happy to give them the pick swaps if they hand over the two first rounders. Our picks 29 & 37 for their picks 33 and 44 nets them 221 extra draft points this year.

bornadog
27-09-2022, 10:57 PM
You're dead right. Happy to give them the pick swaps if they hand over the two first rounders. Our picks 29 & 37 for their picks 33 and 44 nets them 221 extra draft points this year.

As long as Freo are happy with 33

GVGjr
27-09-2022, 10:59 PM
As long as Freo are happy with 33

Fremantles interest will mainly be on satisfying Melbourne for Jackson.
There are a lot of moving parts.

Dogs 24/7
27-09-2022, 11:10 PM

So could we potentially go into the draft with 7, 11, 15 and 37 giving Brisbane back pick 29 so they can bank some points?
They'll also land something for McStay. Three picks inside of twenty and another in the early third round is something we should be able to work with.

hujsh
27-09-2022, 11:21 PM
So could we potentially go into the draft with 7, 11, 15 and 37 giving Brisbane back pick 29 so they can bank some points?
They'll also land something for McStay. Three picks inside of twenty and another in the early third round is something we should be able to work with.

If we got 7 and another first rounder it'd make more sense for it to be next years so they can use 15 for points this year (either straight for points or in a pick swap of some sort)

bornadog
28-09-2022, 12:06 AM
If we got 7 and another first rounder it'd make more sense for it to be next years so they can use 15 for points this year (either straight for points or in a pick swap of some sort)

If we have two first rounders this year (including our own), and two next that would be great for drafting

azabob
28-09-2022, 07:56 AM
There is talk that Brisbane may be better if matching the McStay offer and trading him to Collingwood for multiple draft picks.
Especially if the intend to sign Gunston as a free agent.
This would then assist in father son points and trading for Dunkley.

bulldogtragic
28-09-2022, 08:21 AM
There is talk that Brisbane may be better if matching the McStay offer and trading him to Collingwood for multiple draft picks.

That all but assures Grundy (likely Henry) leaves. If De Goey leaves for first round compo Collingwood might want to trade too. If Grundy goes to Melbourne, they don’t need Lobb in the Jackson deal. If Lobb is traded then, it’s probably to us.

Interesting.

The Doctor
28-09-2022, 08:22 AM

Would Collingwood be interested? They will be dishing out picks for Mitchell, Hill and Frampton. The appeal to them would have been getting him draft pick free. The only way I can see them being interested in trading for McStay would be if De Goey left. De Goey would get them decent compensation so they wouldn't want to lose that by acquiring McStay as a free agent in return.

Happy Days
28-09-2022, 09:08 AM

Pretty sure McStay is unrestricted so it might not be their choice to make.

azabob
28-09-2022, 09:52 AM
Pretty sure McStay is unrestricted so it might not be their choice to make.

Pretty sure you are right. So yeah.

azabob
28-09-2022, 09:53 AM
That all but assures Grundy (likely Henry) leaves. If De Goey leaves for first round compo Collingwood might want to trade too. If Grundy goes to Melbourne, they don’t need Lobb in the Jackson deal. If Lobb is traded then, it’s probably to us.

Interesting.

Surely DeGoey does not leave Collingwood? I guess if he goes to St.Kilda he can do what he wants.

Unless the Swans are about to swoop in and take him.

azabob
28-09-2022, 09:55 AM
Would Collingwood be interested? They will be dishing out picks for Mitchell, Hill and Frampton. The appeal to them would have been getting him draft pick free. The only way I can see them being interested in trading for McStay would be if De Goey left. De Goey would get them decent compensation so they wouldn't want to lose that by acquiring McStay as a free agent in return.

Probably not. But not sure they should be interested in Mitchell and Hill but they seem to be.

Collingwood may be losing a free agent, like DeGoey as BT alludes to and therefore that compensation is diluted.

GVGjr
28-09-2022, 10:45 AM
Stevo is convinced Dunkley will be at the B&F tonight.

I wonder if he could win it?

The Bulldogs Bite
28-09-2022, 10:49 AM

If he does, it strengthens our argument for 2 first round picks.

Swoop
28-09-2022, 10:50 AM
It's possible. He's had a career best season when others have been down on their own high standards.

Each player had patches but at different stages battled injury, form, or fitness.

It would only fuel our need for two first rounders.

Interestingly, Tom Berry's name has been floated with the Gold Coast today. Do we have any interest in him as part of a sweetner in the Dunkley deal?

Ozza
28-09-2022, 11:09 AM
Judging by the coaches votes for the year, it would be reasonable to expect Dunkley to pip Libba and win.
Would be a real shame for him to win the B&F.

Grantysghost
28-09-2022, 11:38 AM

Big chance. You'd think Smith out to an early lead with Dunks coming home strong.

I don't know how they do the votes?

Axe Man
28-09-2022, 11:49 AM
Big chance. You'd think Smith out to an early lead with Dunks coming home strong.

I don't know how they do the votes?

Assuming it hasn't changed from last year:

At the conclusion of each match, members of the Match Committee individually award votes from 0-5 for each player. A player can obtain a maximum of 25 votes for any particular game.

Hotdog60
28-09-2022, 01:35 PM
Interestingly, Tom Berry's name has been floated with the Gold Coast today. Do we have any interest in him as part of a sweetner in the Dunkley deal?

Jarrod's younger brother play about 20 games I don't think he's done too much.

1eyedog
28-09-2022, 05:05 PM

No way does Dunks give up an opportunity to be in the limelight and jag a B&F before he goes.

angelopetraglia
28-09-2022, 06:25 PM
Surely we doctor the results if he is going to win the B&F ala Chris Grant and Jose Romero.

azabob
28-09-2022, 06:39 PM
Surely he isn't stupid enough to turn up?

bornadog
28-09-2022, 06:47 PM

He will

azabob
28-09-2022, 06:47 PM
He will

Clearly has no self awareness.

bornadog
28-09-2022, 06:48 PM
Clearly has no self awareness.

GG will be going and he will send us a message

hujsh
28-09-2022, 06:57 PM

Can he also pass on messages? I've got a few insights I think Dunkley would want to hear

Grantysghost
28-09-2022, 07:27 PM

He's here

bornadog
28-09-2022, 07:29 PM
He's here

Thanks mate

What a cheek

azabob
28-09-2022, 07:55 PM
He's here

What a douche canoe.

I'm pi**ed off at the club for letting him attend.

bornadog
28-09-2022, 08:08 PM
What a douche canoe.

unfortunately he is still employed by us

Grantysghost
28-09-2022, 08:12 PM
What a douche canoe.

He's with his two brothers, and Treloar they were kind of hanging separate prior to going in with partners.

I spoke to Marra, I said Dunks is here he said "must be winning it!" but he had no ill will.

It's just supporters really.

Dancin' Douggy
28-09-2022, 08:18 PM

Ummmm........ I'm only now starting to realise how utterly utterly stupid the poor kid actually is. He is a moron. A shallow, self centred, gleefully deluded and very proud of himself, narcissistic imbecile. So I think he'll turn up and presume everyone loves him.

azabob
28-09-2022, 08:21 PM
He's with his two brothers, and Treloar they were kind of hanging separate prior to going in with partners.

I spoke to Marra, I said Dunks is here he said "must be winning it!" but he had no ill will.

I honestly don’t care he is leaving, but to turn up to a B&F is a bit much. I wouldn’t do it in my professional career.

MrMahatma
28-09-2022, 08:41 PM
Isn’t the B&F for players who were on the list this season? I mean… are uncontracted players like Schache there?

Why is it such a big deal he’s there?

GVGjr
28-09-2022, 09:24 PM

It's the players night not the supporters, the majority of the playing group will be happy to share the night with him.

GVGjr
28-09-2022, 09:28 PM
Isn’t the B&F for players who were on the list this season? I mean… are uncontracted players like Schache there?

Why is it such a big deal he’s there?

It shouldn't be a big deal but I know it's raw for many given the way he dragged it out.
The saving grace for me is that he was professional right throughout the year.

bulldogtragic
28-09-2022, 09:33 PM
Dunkley, Gunston & Interested in Bowes. They must have more cash than Neville Bartos!

Going to get interesting on compo and trades now.

jeemak
28-09-2022, 09:53 PM
I get the Sutton Medal is a player award, but the club exists for the supporters and not the players. The players don't exist without the continuing support of all of the other stakeholders of which supporters are one group.

My view is it's fine him rocking up. I wouldn't have but that's just me.......unless I thought I was going to win and then I'd have definitely rocked up and had a list of sponsors and stylists ready to thank.....with maybe even some time to thank my team mates and coaches, and the club.

hujsh
28-09-2022, 09:58 PM
I get the Sutton Medal is a player award, but the club exists for the supporters and not the players. The players don't exist without the continuing support of all of the other stakeholders of which supporters are one group.

My view is it's fine him rocking up. I wouldn't have but that's just me.......unless I thought I was going to win and then I'd have definitely rocked up and had a list of sponsors and stylists ready to thank.....with maybe even some time to thank my team mates and coaches, and the club.

I'd thank my future coach and exonerate him of past present or future crimes he is or may be accused of

jeemak
28-09-2022, 10:00 PM
I'd thank my future coach and exonerate him of past present or future crimes he is or may be accused of

I'd gush about basically everything the new club has to offer and future lifestyle with my sister, my GF's family, my best mates partner and everyone but my actual girlfriend.

Mofra
29-09-2022, 08:40 AM
Dunkley, Gunston & Interested in Bowes. They must have more cash than Neville Bartos!

Sounds like they may have to low-ball Gardiner, with he & McStay gone they could make it work.
Perhaps 1-2 more traded out for cap space and list spots?

Bulldog4life
29-09-2022, 08:44 AM

This is where you shine BT.

whythelongface
29-09-2022, 08:49 AM
At least the Dunkley era is now over. Just need the right trades and we can all move on and live happily ever after.

GVGjr
29-09-2022, 08:55 AM
At least the Dunkley era is now over. Just need the right trades and we can all move on and live happily ever after.

That's they way to look at it, if we get a reasonable return we just have to take the next step forward.

whythelongface
29-09-2022, 08:56 AM
It shouldn't be a big deal but I know it's raw for many given the way he dragged it out.
The saving grace for me is that he was professional right throughout the year.

I get that, but really he had no choice. He always wanted a move away and for him to land at the club of his choice he had to everything in his power to make this happen. Good luck to him but certainly won’t miss his type, whom think he is better than playing for our proud club. We deserve better and this is not lost on many. I want players that care and want to play for the club rather than looking at it as purely as a job and what benefits me.

GVGjr
29-09-2022, 09:01 AM
I get that, but really he had no choice. He always wanted a move away and for him to land at the club of his choice he had to everything in his power to make this happen. Good luck to him but certainly won’t miss his type, whom think he is better than playing for our proud club. We deserve better and this is not lost on many. I want players that care and want to play for the club rather than looking at it as purely as a job and what benefits me.

I see it just a little bit differently and that this year he was as professional as he has been right through his time at the club.
He's not leaving us for any other reason than it means he will be with his partner near her parents and that it simplifies things for him.

Yes it's a kick to the crotch to lose the player that just won the B&F but we've lost a lot of players over the years and we will find replacements. Bevo got it right last night and it is time for Brisbane to pony up.

Grantysghost
29-09-2022, 09:17 AM

No cash here, no cash! Robbo? No cash.

My favourite Aus movie scene other than Dennis Denuto's printer issues.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
29-09-2022, 09:23 AM

Which makes it all the more fortunate, for we WOOFERs, to once again have the benefit of your company as we head into trade season then! :)

Axe Man
29-09-2022, 09:46 AM
I see it just a little bit differently and that this year he was as professional as he has been right through his time at the club.
He's not leaving us for any other reason than it means he will be with his partner near her parents and that it simplifies things for him.

Yes it's a kick to the crotch to lose the player that just won the B&F but we've lost a lot of players over the years and we will find replacements. Bevo got it right last night and it is time for Brisbane to pony up.

You keep repeating this and that's fine if you believe that, but I don't buy it at all. I think there's a few things at play here, to say it's purely to make things easier with his partner I think is nonsense.

bulldogtragic
29-09-2022, 10:13 AM
This is where you shine BT.

Which makes it all the more fortunate, for we WOOFERs, to once again have the benefit of your company as we head into trade season then! :)

DeGeoy could be the wild card. Even so, I think Collingwood do a trade as he’s restricted. He’s worth more than Pick 18. Then they can get McStay as an unrestricted FA.

But then Brisbane get compo, but have it reduced or removed with Gunston coming as a FA. So they trade for Gunston for a later to be unused pick or future late pick.

That’s before trading for Dunkley. So they’ve then got 15, 33, 44 & 69. They need end of First Round on McStay, no doubt. Then it’s 15 (or Pick 7 with a Bowes trade to them), 20, 33, 44 & 69.

So they do my trade on Dunkley. Two firsts to us, one pick going back with swaps (along the Shiel trade). But as Jazza points, make the second this year. Assuming no player is involved.

So to dogs Picks 7 or 15, 33 and future first.
To the lions Picks 29 & 37 and Dunkley

Lions have 20, 29, 37, 44 & 69 = 2,459 Draft Points. But they split these in draft points to get to around 2,700-2,900 which gets Ashcroft. To get Fletcher they need to move on a one ok valued player (not a star). Gardiner going (at second round compo) gets them a good pick with enough Draft Points (circa 360) to be used for Fletcher and salary room to pursue Bowes/Pick 7. Meaning they get Dunkley, Gunston, Ashcroft (Pick 1) and Fletcher (1st Rounder) and no deficit while getting top price for McStay & Gardiner. They win trade week.

Dogs left with 7 or 15, 33, 65 and future first. Pick 33 offered for Lobb. If accepted:

2022: Picks 7 or 15, 11, 65 and Jones & Lobb. Plus any picks for trades out such as Hunter etc. - Perhaps look at DFA’s for some mature players, see Jeff Anderson, Quinton Narkle etc.

2023: First Rounder x 2, Second, Third, Fourth

So I’m watching:

McStay compo. If it’s Pick 20 (Port 19 for Amon), then Gunston is a 100% trade, which it could be. Then watching Hawks take Pick 44, or play harder for their 33. Like the Essendon/Port trade on Monfries to keep compo in tact.

Then Power demanding two firsts, hopefully they get Pick 7. But our picks 29 (for their 33) & 37 are good for their draft points.

If it unfolds that our Picks 29 & 37 are crucial to Brisbane acquiring Gunston and avoiding deficits, then Power will no doubt not even consider anything less than 7/15 and Future First. Hopefully they are reliant on us to acquire our reigning B&F.

bornadog
29-09-2022, 10:17 AM
You keep repeating this and that's fine if you believe that, but I don't buy it at all. I think there's a few things at play here, to say it's purely to make things easier with his partner I think is nonsense.

It is a national competition. The BS about home sick, this will make my life easier blah blah is all nonsense. You either leave for more money, you don't get along with anyone at the club or there are no opportunities to get into the team due to over supply of a particular role.

I am sick of hearing the BS by players.

GVGjr
29-09-2022, 10:22 AM

There is a lot of speculative comments that may have factored into the decision but Bevo's and Dunkleys word is good enough for me.
Plenty of players have tuned out before their departure and a B&F win confirms Dunkley was at least 100% professional.

Mofra
29-09-2022, 10:29 AM
It is a national competition. The BS about home sick, this will make my life easier blah blah is all nonsense. You either leave for more money, you don't get along with anyone at the club or there are no opportunities to get into the team due to over supply of a particular role.

I am sick of hearing the BS by players.
What do you want him to say - I'm sick of the pissheads at the club and my concerns have been ignored?
I'm not sure we'd want that level of media shitstorm

The Bulldogs Bite
29-09-2022, 10:29 AM
Ultimately he's going.

Is he THAT great of a player? Wouldn't have thought so.

If we lost Bont or Naughton, well, I'll be about ready to give up the game. But Dunkley is hardly irreplaceable on OR off the field.

I'm looking forward to getting the trade done and moving forward.

Axe Man
29-09-2022, 10:43 AM
There is a lot of speculative comments that may have factored into the decision but Bevo's and Dunkleys word is good enough for me.
Plenty of players have tuned out before their departure and a B&F win confirms Dunkley was at least 100% professional.

Bevo also alluded to the money factor so do you only believe part of what he said?

Grantysghost
29-09-2022, 10:46 AM
Bevo also alluded to the money factor so do you only believe part of what he said?

He did and mentioned our pay structure kind of too didn't he. Which is maybe why we don't lure in the super big names.

Dunkley is 25, it's going to be the biggest contract of his life, the world is his oyster.

He's done everything right by the Dogs, I honestly felt there was nothing but warmth for him in the room last night.

Sad he's leaving, and of course he's going to stick to script regarding why however I'm at the point and wishing him all the best and moving on.

Jokes aside he really appears to be a quality human.

GVGjr
29-09-2022, 10:56 AM
Ultimately he's going.

Is he THAT great of a player? Wouldn't have thought so.

If we lost Bont or Naughton, well, I'll be about ready to give up the game. But Dunkley is hardly irreplaceable on OR off the field.

I'm looking forward to getting the trade done and moving forward.

Exactly, Griffen was very close to being or if not our best player when he left and Dunkley is further down the order than Griffen was.

It's time to put some faith in Sam Power and his team to work out a suitable trade for the club.

SquirrelGrip
29-09-2022, 11:32 AM
Lions have 20, 29, 37, 44 & 69 = 2,459 Draft Points. But they split these in draft points to get to around 2,700-2,900 which gets Ashcroft. To get Fletcher they need to move on a one ok valued player (not a star). Gardiner going (at second round compo) gets them a good pick with enough Draft Points (circa 360) to be used for Fletcher and salary room to pursue Bowes/Pick 7. Meaning they get Dunkley, Gunston, Ashcroft (Pick 1) and Fletcher (1st Rounder) and no deficit while getting top price for McStay & Gardiner. They win trade week.

Incorrect. First rule of Trade Week: Bombers always win Trade Week.

At least that's what I hear every year on Channel 7 or reading Robbo or RoCo.

GVGjr
29-09-2022, 11:41 AM
Incorrect. First rule of Trade Week: Bombers always win Trade Week.

At least that's what I hear every year on Channel 7 or reading Robbo or RoCo.

I think Essendon could very well land Bowes and have picks 4 and 7. They will then match points for the two Davey boys later on and come out genuine trade and draft winners. I really hope I'm wrong here.

angelopetraglia
29-09-2022, 12:05 PM
Exactly, Griffen was very close to being or if not our best player when he left and Dunkley is further down the order than Griffen was.

It's time to put some faith in Sam Power and his team to work out a suitable trade for the club.

Geelong won the Premiership the year after Gary Ablett Jnr left to the Suns. We have more than enough talent to cover the Dunkley loss. We just need to ensure we get a fair trade.

hujsh
29-09-2022, 12:12 PM
Geelong won the Premiership the year after Gary Ablett Jnr left to the Suns. We have more than enough talent to cover the Dunkley loss. We just need to ensure we get a fair trade.

Hawks beat Sydney after trading them Buddy as well right?

angelopetraglia
29-09-2022, 12:18 PM
Hawks beat Sydney after trading them Buddy as well right?

Yes. The next year.

West Coast also won in 2018 without Nic Nat and Gaff.

F'scary
29-09-2022, 12:53 PM
I just saw that Dunkley won b&f. Definitely worth two first round draft picks. He is literally a champion. Hate to see him go but prepared to see him playing for norf rather than accept inadequate compensation.

chef
29-09-2022, 01:52 PM
So we should end up with the same picks(2 first rounders) that we wanted two seasons ago?

If that happens we should be chuffed. Got a couple extra years out of him, he played great footy in that time and his price is still the same.

Mofra
29-09-2022, 01:57 PM
So we should end up with the same picks(2 first rounders) that we wanted two seasons ago?

If that happens we should be chuffed. Got a couple extra years out of him, he played great footy in that time and his price is still the same.
I think we end up with two first rounders but in the teens, with late picks going back. Overall a lesser deal than what we asked for two years ago.

hujsh
29-09-2022, 02:03 PM
I think we end up with two first rounders but in the teens, with late picks going back. Overall a lesser deal than what we asked for two years ago.

Which is fine IMO. We weren't getting 2 top 10 picks or whatever it is we wanted. That was the tax for trying to poach a young player with 2 years left on a contract. If we get pick 7 and a late first rounder (this or next year, they already finished top 4 this year so worst case is they win a premiership and it's 3 spots lower, big deal) with some pick swaps and a free 3rd rounder or something for them I think we've done pretty well for ourselves.

bulldogtragic
29-09-2022, 04:08 PM
Brisbane’s Tom Berry requests trade to GCS. Part of a deal for Pick 7? Ontraded in part for Dunkley???

Topdog
29-09-2022, 04:29 PM
Brisbane’s Tom Berry requests trade to GCS. Part of a deal for Pick 7? Ontraded in part for Dunkley???

One can only hope.

Sammy must be licking his lips right now

bornadog
29-09-2022, 04:32 PM

Pick 7 and 15 and I am happy

bulldogtragic
29-09-2022, 04:39 PM
FYI, here’s the footywire comparison between Shiel in 2018 (6th in the B&F) and Dunkley 2022 (Winner B&F). Same age when trade requested.

Both requested trades for a six year deal at a new club, on a circa $750,000 salary.

Shiel was Pick 9 and swap of future first to GWS, future second to GWS.

This has to be rough expectation, Dunkley comfortably wins in comparison. Full comparison found here:

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=6&playerStatus2=A&tid2=8&type=A&pid1=3789&pid2=4148&fid1=O&fid2=O

bulldogtragic
29-09-2022, 04:41 PM
Pick 7 and 15 and I am happy

See my post just now.

More like 7 (if they get it), Future First. Send them Pick 37 this year. At a push, trade them Pick 29 for their Pick 33 if that’s going to Lobb in any event.

So: Picks 7 (8 after Ashcroft matched bid), 15, 65, Lobb, Jones (plus future first) - without any other trades

bornadog
29-09-2022, 05:38 PM
See my post just now.

More like 7 (if they get it), Future First. Send them Pick 37 this year. At a push, trade them Pick 29 for their Pick 33 if that’s going to Lobb in any event.

So: Picks 7 (8 after Ashcroft matched bid), 15, 65, Lobb, Jones (plus future first) - without any other trades

Mine was a wishlist :D

Axe Man
30-09-2022, 12:27 PM
Jon Ralph assesses how Josh Dunkley could get to Brisbane Lions (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trade-news-north-brisbane-and-essendon-disadvantaged-in-trade-week-without-coaches/news-story/a3f67329c6ab31edf2d3d03c19ad9175)

The Western Bulldogs have made clear Josh Dunkley is worth well in excess of a single first-round pick as they prepare to secure Liam Jones on a three-year deal as early as Friday.

The Dogs are open to a range of scenarios in a trade to Dunkley to Brisbane that could include players and early picks from this year or the 2023 bumper draft.

Dogs coach Luke Beveridge said after Dunkley won the Dogs best-and-fairest on Wednesday night the Lions would have to “pony up” for the 25-year-old.

That victory has only strengthened the Dogs’ resolve to hold firm until the Lions hand over a bumper haul of picks and or players.

Dunkley’s $650,000 offer at the Dogs means they have cap space if a player emerged that suited their needs from the Lions or even in a three-way deal.

The Lions could find it impossible to secure picks for Dunkley in this year’s draft given they will match a bid at No. 1 for father-son Will Ashcroft and recruiters believe Jaspa Fletcher will easily slot into the first-round as the club’s second father-son recruit.

Beveridge said he was thrilled Dunkley had departed in the right manner by attending the best-and-fairest.

“I’m really grateful, I think we all are, that he’s been mature and respects his time at our football club that he’s here tonight to really see it through,” he said.

”The obvious thing is that the Lions are going to have to pony up, so (list boss) Sammy Power is going to go to work on that over the next week or two.”

Liam Jones will cap an extraordinary return to the club as an unrestricted free agent, with the Dogs’ three-year offer allowing them to spread money out over that deal and even back-end his salary.

The Dogs believe the former key forward who then made his name as an elite full back at Carlton still has three good seasons in him despite turning 32 next February.

They are not interested in Melbourne’s Adam Tomlinson despite speculation he might have had a medical at the club.

There is still a level of confidence that when the Dockers secure their trade targets including Luke Jackson they may be prepared to deal on Rory Lobb, who is determined to make his way to the Dogs despite being contracted for 2023.

angelopetraglia
30-09-2022, 01:41 PM
"Dunkley’s $650,000 offer at the Dogs means they have cap space if a player emerged that suited their needs from the Lions or even in a three-way deal."

In the end do we think this is what it really came down to for Dunkley. Not even that money but how he perceived he was being treated? If he signed for $700K to $750K at Brisbane for six years. Let's take the higher number. Six years at $100K more is "only" $300K after tax over six years. Not really enough monetary incentive to be leaving IMHO.

It basically comes down to envy and where he believes he is ranked compared to Bont, Macrae, Treloar, Libba and also Bailey Smith. It is basically ego.

MrMahatma
30-09-2022, 03:00 PM
"Dunkley’s $650,000 offer at the Dogs means they have cap space if a player emerged that suited their needs from the Lions or even in a three-way deal."

In the end do we think this is what it really came down to for Dunkley. Not even that money but how he perceived he was being treated? If he signed for $700K to $750K at Brisbane for six years. Let's take the higher number. Six years at $100K more is "only" $300K after tax over six years. Not really enough monetary incentive to be leaving IMHO.

It basically comes down to envy and where he believes he is ranked compared to Bont, Macrae, Treloar, Libba and also Bailey Smith. It is basically ego.

$300k isn't insignificant. I mean... it's actually quite a bit given footy careers aren't forever. Given the short time they play, and reality is most players get 1, maybe 2 contracts where they're "prime", it actually makes more sense for a footballer to move jobs because of money than it does for the general public. And I'm sure a lot of people move for $50k extra in the pocket each year.

jeemak
30-09-2022, 03:06 PM
I'd move for an additional $300K over five or six years. That's your ticket to a second house right there.

bulldogtragic
30-09-2022, 03:12 PM
I'd move for an additional $300K over five or six years. That's your ticket to a second house right there.

I’d consider joining Bomberblitz for $300,000. I’d probably knock it back, you know being Essendon and all, but in times of falling stocks and property prices, the $300,000 invested for the long term will be even more comfort for life after footy.

I’d love to know if Dunkley told the club the Brisbane offer of extra cash, and if asked the club to match it.

whythelongface
30-09-2022, 03:13 PM

Or loads of overseas holidays ��

bornadog
30-09-2022, 03:14 PM

Would you move for $50k a year if you hated the environment?

jeemak
30-09-2022, 03:18 PM

Not sure what you're asking, but $50 large cleared a year isn't nothing.

I wouldn't move to an environment I wasn't going to like, not now or even at that scale.

EasternWest
30-09-2022, 04:52 PM

I'd kiss the mother in law on the lips and hold for five seconds every day for an extra 50 K a year.

Mofra
30-09-2022, 05:02 PM
Only if you have a shitty accountant and financial advisor.

Hunter didn't attend the B&F...

jeemak
30-09-2022, 05:28 PM
I'd kiss the mother in law on the lips and hold for five seconds every day for an extra 50 K a year.

Kissing your auntie on the lips and holding it for five seconds is a bit over the top mate.....

Grantysghost
30-09-2022, 05:35 PM
Kissing your auntie on the lips and holding it for five seconds is a bit over the top mate.....

Wait he said Mother in la.....

https://media.giphy.com/media/SqxXBQQYR1SYk5qjnk/giphy-downsized-large.gif

EasternWest
30-09-2022, 05:38 PM

Ha ha. My Auntie actually looks exactly like my Dad and this is getting weird now.

angelopetraglia
30-09-2022, 07:25 PM
$300k isn't insignificant. I mean... it's actually quite a bit given footy careers aren't forever. Given the short time they play, and reality is most players get 1, maybe 2 contracts where they're "prime", it actually makes more sense for a footballer to move jobs because of money than it does for the general public. And I'm sure a lot of people move for $50k extra in the pocket each year.

The Bulldog contract is worth ~$3.9m over six years. $300K in relation to that isn’t that much and I stand by that comment.

Grantysghost
30-09-2022, 07:33 PM
Ha ha. My Auntie actually looks exactly like my Dad and this is getting weird now.

Just now?

Twodogs
30-09-2022, 07:40 PM

I am pretty sure that all my aunties are dead. Thats even weirder.

Twodogs
30-09-2022, 07:43 PM
The Bulldog contract is worth ~$3.9m over six years. $300K in relation to that isn’t that much and I stand by that comment.

Exactly. It's less than 10% and most of it would be swallowed up in tax and extra management fees. Overall it would be a lot less actually in the pocket.

jeemak
30-09-2022, 07:48 PM
Exactly. It's less than 10% and most of it would be swallowed up in tax and extra management fees. Overall it would be a lot less actually in the pocket.

It's a $300K net figure, which is substantial. The gross figure is $600K if you use a rudimentary 50% tax rate (which is overstating the tax, but it's close enough).

jeemak
30-09-2022, 07:50 PM

Just so I'm clear, are you comparing a net figure with a gross figure?

Grantysghost
30-09-2022, 07:55 PM

The auntie thing was gross.

See what I did there..?

Thanks.

Twodogs
30-09-2022, 07:58 PM
It's a $300K net figure, which is substantial. The gross figure is $600K if you use a rudimentary 50% tax rate (which is overstating the tax, but it's close enough).

So you're saying that the extra money he'll be getting is 50k per year more than we offered?

Twodogs
30-09-2022, 08:00 PM
The auntie thing was gross.

See what I did there..?

Thanks.

I'm here every night. Two shows on the weekend. Try the fish!

jeemak
30-09-2022, 08:02 PM
So you're saying that the extra money he'll be getting is 50k per year more than we offered?

Let's say our offer is $650K p.a. gross, across six years that's $3.9M. Take out tax and that's $1.95M net.

Brisbane's offer is $750K p.a. gross, across six years that's $4.5M. Take out tax and that's $2.25M net.

The gross difference p.a. is $100K, net is $50K p.a., but as Mof states only if you're cursed by a shitty accountant.

angelopetraglia
30-09-2022, 08:47 PM

Yes out of laziness to calculate PAYG amounts as I was on my phone. But the point is valid, when you are earning that much, how you invest and how you spend your money is a bigger factor than the extra amount he could earn. There is no way I’m leaving somewhere I even remotely like for that much extra per year, but understands everyone’s circumstances are very different.

Also, it’s very hard to dodge the system no matter how good your accountant is if you are earning PAYG income. He would also have other steams of revenue in sponsorship and appearances fees, which again dilutes the additional salary amount further.

jeemak
30-09-2022, 08:52 PM
Yes out of laziness to calculate PAYG amounts as I was on my phone. But the point is valid, when you are earning that much, how your invest and how you spend you money is a bigger factor than the extra amount he could earn. There is no way I’m leaving somewhere I even remotely like for that much extra per year, but understands everyone’s circumstances are very different.

Also, it’s very hard to dodge the system no matter how good your accountant is if you are earning PAYG income. He would also have other steams of revenue in sponsorship and appearances fees, which again dilutes the additional salary amount further.

I think for ten per cent I agree with you, but when you start talking 20% it gets a bit more tasty. Especially when your major earning years are likely going to be in the first 30% of your working life.

Anyway, it wasn't a decision about money. He wanted to be closer to his sister, his best mate's partner and child, and his partner's family.

angelopetraglia
30-09-2022, 09:02 PM
So after tax.

Bulldogs offer @ $650K is nett $374K

Lions offer @ $750K (worst case result as reports are $700 to $750K) is $427K

The difference is 14%.

(In my line of work if someone left every time they were offered 14% more there would be no one left).

Grantysghost
30-09-2022, 09:04 PM
I think for ten per cent I agree with you, but when you start talking 20% it gets a bit more tasty. Especially when your major earning years are likely going to be in the first 30% of your working life.

Anyway, it wasn't a decision about money. He wanted to be closer to his sister, his best mate's partner and child, and his partner's family.

Definitely had nothing to do with the Bulldogs.

He loved us.

Pretty much said if you see him and show your membership you can crash at his second house.

ReLoad
30-09-2022, 09:07 PM
50% extra to his stylist.

EasternWest
30-09-2022, 09:13 PM
50% extra to his stylist.

Still not enough

Happy Days
30-09-2022, 09:28 PM

In that order.

Scraggers
30-09-2022, 10:08 PM

This was on Trade Radio earlier. What do people think of this? I’m still not convinced that we need Lobb but hey.

Mofra
30-09-2022, 10:21 PM

This was on Trade Radio earlier. What do people think of this? I’m still not convinced that we need Lobb but hey.
I want more.
I'd rather we separate the deals - 2022 & 2023 first from Brissie for Dunkley, with late 2022 picks going back to the Lions.

Lobb for our second rounder. I'd rather not, but he's contracted so we have to pony up. May even need to add a future pick to the deal.
Bruce went for a 2nd & a 3rd

bulldogtragic
30-09-2022, 10:26 PM

Basically the same cost we paid for Bruce. It’s a on the higher side. But I could live with it.

Dunkley for less than two first rounders is unacceptable. Unless there’s a player traded to us from Brisbane to cover the future pick only being second round.

Edit: Mof beat me to the punch. What he said!

GVGjr
30-09-2022, 10:31 PM

It sort of works but we aren't getting a decent return for Dunkley.

If Brisbane work hard and get pick 7 for us it creates some opportunities.

Scorlibo
01-10-2022, 12:26 PM

Not tonight, Josephine. So begins the media's irritating but predictable underrating of our players at the trade table.

I haven't seen a lot of discussion on exactly how Brisbane are going to get the draft points they need while still offering us something suitable for Dunkley? So far as I can see pick swapping won't get them there and they need to let go of at least one quality player, has anyone seen any reporting on who that might be? We can't become the victim of their problems.

DOG GOD
01-10-2022, 12:30 PM
Id want 7 and 15 this year for Dunkley. Bris don’t need them so it makes sense.

I’ll be disappointed with anything else.

bornadog
01-10-2022, 12:33 PM

They do need points for Ashcroft and possibly Fletcher. Ashcroft alone could cost 2400 points if he is nominated as pick 1 by North and I think their total points for all picks to date are around that.

Check points here (https://www.draftguru.com.au/years/2022/provisional-draft-order)

GVGjr
01-10-2022, 12:36 PM
Not tonight, Josephine. So begins the media's irritating but predictable underrating of our players at the trade table.

I haven't seen a lot of discussion on exactly how Brisbane are going to get the draft points they need while still offering us something suitable for Dunkley? So far as I can see pick swapping won't get them there and they need to let go of at least one quality player, has anyone seen any reporting on who that might be? We can't become the victim of their problems.

Matt Rendall put up a very poor plan for Brisbane to get the points required for Ashcroft and Fletcher and to satisfy us for Dunkley but it largely hinged on Brisbane acquiring pick 7 from the Suns and that would be shipped to us.

Swoop
01-10-2022, 12:39 PM
Out of interest, what does Gold Coast actually want in return for Bowes and Pick 7? What would be considered a fair trade?

GVGjr
01-10-2022, 12:47 PM
Out of interest, what does Gold Coast actually want in return for Bowes and Pick 7? What would be considered a fair trade?

It's been suggested a 2nd rounder for next season would be sufficient.

Mofra
01-10-2022, 02:33 PM

They're likely to go into a points deficit so their 2023 first rounder becomes less valuable to them.
Their 2022 picks are likely to be traded down for a points surplus, depending on list spots available.

GVGjr
01-10-2022, 02:58 PM

In that scenario, I think we would also have to give something back to them. We won't get full market value for Dunks.

Grantysghost
01-10-2022, 03:00 PM
In that scenario, I think we would also have to give something back to them. We won't get full market value for Dunks.

No, ooc and wants to go you have to suck it up and take unders.

The best unders you can get but still unders.

Scorlibo
02-10-2022, 11:31 AM
Matt Rendall put up a very poor plan for Brisbane to get the points required for Ashcroft and Fletcher and to satisfy us for Dunkley but it largely hinged on Brisbane acquiring pick 7 from the Suns and that would be shipped to us.

I suppose they'd be the leading suitor for Bowes, although given the nature of his exit the Suns might be inclined to take the best offer available, and not worry too much about his origins in QLD. Would certainly help our cause having pick 7 on the table.

Would we accept pick 7 alone? I think I'd take it with some steak knives. Depends on our recruiters' views on which pick gives us best value for nabbing our targets. Top ten picks generally net good players.

bornadog
02-10-2022, 01:35 PM
I suppose they'd be the leading suitor for Bowes, although given the nature of his exit the Suns might be inclined to take the best offer available, and not worry too much about his origins in QLD. Would certainly help our cause having pick 7 on the table.

Would we accept pick 7 alone? I think I'd take it with some steak knives. Depends on our recruiters' views on which pick gives us best value for nabbing our targets. Top ten picks generally net good players.

At minimum I would take pick 7 and next years 2nd round - emphasises is on minimum.

Grantysghost
02-10-2022, 02:14 PM
At minimum I would take pick 7 and next years 2nd round - emphasises is on minimum.

That is close to the mark of what it will be I think. With maybe picks going back to help with f/s.

bornadog
02-10-2022, 06:13 PM
The Age article (https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/gws-tigers-agree-on-taranto-deal-ahead-of-trade-period-start-20221002-p5bmk2.html) claiming Brisbane will offer a future first for Dunkley - I guess they will start low.

GVGjr
02-10-2022, 06:44 PM
The Age article (https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/gws-tigers-agree-on-taranto-deal-ahead-of-trade-period-start-20221002-p5bmk2.html) claiming Brisbane will offer a future first for Dunkley - I guess they will start low.

If picks 12 and 19 are going to secure Taranto then a future 1st for Dunks is well unders.

I won't be happy with this but I think we might get their pick 15 and a future 2nd from them.

Pick 7 would be a solid start if they can get that but I don't think they're that committed to it just yet.

SlimPickens
02-10-2022, 06:57 PM
There is plenty saying that next years draft is much stronger than this years. Wonder if Brissy will lean on this fact to drive a hard bargain.

I want a first this year and next. Confident Sammy P will be pushing for the same.

Bulldog4life
02-10-2022, 06:57 PM
If picks 12 and 19 are going to secure Taranto then a future 1st for Dunks is well unders.

I won't be happy with this but I think we might get their pick 15 and a future 2nd from them.

Pick 7 would be a solid start if they can get that but I don't think they're that committed to it just yet.

I think pick 15 and future second which could be in the 30's is well under G.

Stevo
02-10-2022, 07:02 PM

One of the problems of Bevo confirming that Brisbane need to "pony up" is that we now need to make sure they do.
That might be harder given the commitments to father son picks. #15 and a future 2 nd round pick is a miss.

GVGjr
02-10-2022, 07:07 PM
There is plenty saying that next years draft is much stronger than this years. Wonder if Brissy will lean on this fact to drive a hard bargain.

I want a first this year and next. Confident Sammy P will be pushing for the same.

I think that should be the next result and Power will stand his ground. I can see this one getting done late.
What they get for McStay and T.Berry might open up some possibilities.
If they got pick 7 that would give us some options.

GVGjr
02-10-2022, 07:08 PM
One of the problems of Bevo confirming that Brisbane need to "pony up" is that we now need to make sure they do.
That might be harder given the commitments to father son picks. #15 and a future 2 nd round pick is a miss.

Just asked a question on Twitter. Will be interested to see some of the responses.

GVGjr
02-10-2022, 07:08 PM

I agree BFL.

hujsh
02-10-2022, 07:16 PM

If they can't find the points they'll just have to pass. You committed to the player pay a fair price for him don't complain to us if it prices you out of other options

bornadog
02-10-2022, 07:27 PM
If they can't find the points they'll just have to pass. You committed to the player pay a fair price for him don't complain to us if it prices you out of other options

They can go into points deficit for next year

mjp
02-10-2022, 07:48 PM
They can go into points deficit for next year

How's that going to work if they are trading based on selections in the 2023 draft?

I'm curious as to how they are going to do all of this.

Scorlibo
02-10-2022, 08:10 PM
How's that going to work if they are trading based on selections in the 2023 draft?

My understanding is that they can only go into a deficit equal to the value of their 2023 picks, and the picks are valued as if they finish as premiers in 2023. As it stands the limit would be around 1700 points.

Brisbane 2022 draft points: 2040
2023 draft point deficit available: 1700

Yet if they were to trade us this year's first rounder and next year's, they'd be left with:

2022: 928
2023: ~715

And they need around 3200 points for Ashcroft and Fletcher. Pick 7 from Gold Coast in exchange for a second rounder would just about get them there, if they can also scrounge a few hundred points with pick swaps. Otherwise they'll have to let go of good players.

GVGjr
02-10-2022, 08:49 PM

They have committed to the player and if he was contracted I think what you have said makes sense although Essendon held firm to a pick inside the top 10.

I'm not convinced that they won't just put in a reasonable offer and hold firm because there is no way Dunkley will do a medical with another club.

There are a number of options available to Brisbane to get the 3 deals done. Leaving us a bit short would obviously be their preference but we know Sam's good so lets back him. It's a big test though.

Bulldog Joe
02-10-2022, 09:10 PM
They have committed to the player and if he was contracted I think what you have said makes sense although Essendon held firm to a pick inside the top 10.

I'm not convinced that they won't just put in a reasonable offer and hold firm because there is no way Dunkley will do a medical with another club.

There are a number of options available to Brisbane to get the 3 deals done. Leaving us a bit short would obviously be their preference but we know Sam's good so lets back him. It's a big test though.

Brisbane have made the contract offer. They need to provide satisfactory compensation.

We do not need to facilitate an easy outcome.

If we are not satisfied Dunkley can accept our offer or go the PSD.

Going to North or West Coast is the risk for Dunkley but he needs Brisbane to provide the trade capital to prevent that.

We can ask for Rayner or Zac Bailey if they can't provide adequate draft picks.

GVGjr
02-10-2022, 09:20 PM
Brisbane have made the contract offer. They need to provide satisfactory compensation.

We do not need to facilitate an easy outcome.

If we are not satisfied Dunkley can accept our offer or go the PSD.

Going to North or West Coast is the risk for Dunkley but he needs Brisbane to provide the trade capital to prevent that.

We can ask for Rayner or Zac Bailey if they can't provide adequate draft picks.

Just out of curiosity if we did push him to the PSD and Essendon got him would that still be okay?

kruder
02-10-2022, 09:20 PM
Gleeson in the Age is reporting that the Lions are offering a future first for Dunkley.

DOG GOD
02-10-2022, 09:24 PM
Gleeson in the Age is reporting that the Lions are offering a future first for Dunkley.
Surely that’s not even in the equation. ?

GVGjr
02-10-2022, 09:25 PM

Surely that’s not even in the equation. ?

It's their starting point. Sam won't accept that.

DOG GOD
02-10-2022, 09:26 PM
It's their starting point. Sam won't accept that.
You would hope not ;)

hujsh
02-10-2022, 09:35 PM
Just out of curiosity if we did push him to the PSD and Essendon got him would that still be okay?

Doesn't matter who gets him. We can make sure it's not Brisbane and that's all that really matters in the context of these negotiations (I assume we can match his salary demands)

Mofra
02-10-2022, 09:53 PM

Trade out their 2023 first, let the deficit apply to their picks after that.
Dunkley and their two first rounders this year is an incredible haul.

jazzadogs
02-10-2022, 09:54 PM
When you compare the stats of Dunkley and Taranto, plus reports that the out of contract Taranto will be traded for picks 12 and 19, it is pretty clear that is the minimum we should be getting for our reigning best and fairest.

I see pick 15 this year and a future 1st for Dunkley and some late picks as the most likely scenario. If we can manage to get 7 instead of 15 then I think we have to give up more in the late picks.

I have full confidence that Power won't be pushed into accepting one future 1st.

F'scary
02-10-2022, 10:14 PM
When you compare the stats of Dunkley and Taranto, plus reports that the out of contract Taranto will be traded for picks 12 and 19, it is pretty clear that is the minimum we should be getting for our reigning best and fairest.

I see pick 15 this year and a future 1st for Dunkley and some late picks as the most likely scenario. If we can manage to get 7 instead of 15 then I think we have to give up more in the late picks.

I have full confidence that Power won't be pushed into accepting one future 1st.

Dunks stacks up well against Taranto. Different types of mids but both
right up there in the top tier. Taranto kicks the ball longer and/or runs with it more. But Dunks has the inside game and the forward role option.

Scraggers
02-10-2022, 11:14 PM
So … what if Brisbane offer $450K of the Jack Bowes salary (meaning we pay $400K). We get Bowes, pick 7, and Brisbane sweeten the deal with 2023 round one pick. Gold Coast get their salary dump, we get two first rounders, Brisbane get Dunkley. Would that work?

hujsh
02-10-2022, 11:19 PM
So … what if Brisbane offer $450K of the Jack Bowes salary (meaning we pay $400K). We get Bowes, pick 7, and Brisbane sweeten the deal with 2023 round one pick. Gold Coast get their salary dump, we get two first rounders, Brisbane get Dunkley. Would that work?

Supposedly Bowes wants the Geelong mafia lifestyle

WBFC4FFC
02-10-2022, 11:22 PM

And the Club should be willing to not trade if we are not sufficiently compensated. If that means he goes in the draft and ends up at Norf versus staying put with us that is his choice but the club can't be taken advantage of because another club says they don't have the capital.

Also, great examples of other trades that have transpired over the years but there are the ones as well where the Club knows they are being shafted but accepts it because they will get nothing back in return. Case in point Swans losing Dawson to the Crows last year. We are lucky as Bris finished higher up the ladder but if "lifestyle" is the reason for Bris then maybe GC could come in and swoop on Dunks if in the draft (should they have sorted out their current Salary cap mess).

Bulldog Joe
02-10-2022, 11:24 PM

If Brisbane don't deal in good faith with an adequate trade, Dunkley can go to the PSD and whoever takes him there.

For us a move to Brisbane needs to enable us to improve or we just make a prime rival stronger at our expense.

Happy for him to go there with the right deal, but without it we should NOT deal.

bornadog
03-10-2022, 12:18 AM
What about the compensation for McStay - should help Brisbane.

GVGjr
03-10-2022, 12:20 AM
What about the compensation for McStay - should help Brisbane.

It will plus there might be some other player movements. Tom Berry to GC is likely as well

Bulldog4life
03-10-2022, 11:47 AM
If Brisbane don't deal in good faith with an adequate trade, Dunkley can go to the PSD and whoever takes him there.

For us a move to Brisbane needs to enable us to improve or we just make a prime rival stronger at our expense.

Happy for him to go there with the right deal, but without it we should NOT deal.

Yep. As Bevo said Brisbane have to pony up. Gotta love Bevo.

GVGjr
03-10-2022, 07:31 PM
Given we are open to rolling in a player into the Dunkley trade I wonder if any of these names have some appeal for us?

Lohmann, Robertson or Payne?

hujsh
04-10-2022, 12:54 AM
Can we change this thread name again? Something like "We never really wanted Dunkley to stay anyway. Who needs him?"

Or "The Dunkley Pony Show" in honor of Bevo's speech?

jeemak
04-10-2022, 01:16 AM
Can we change this thread name again? Something like "We never really wanted Dunkley to stay anyway. Who needs him?"

How about, "Trade Dunkley"?

hujsh
04-10-2022, 01:20 AM
How about, "Trade Dunkley"?

That's silly. Who'd name a thread something silly like that? Please suggest something serious like the Royal Dunkley Pony Show.

josie
04-10-2022, 01:58 AM
Some woeful suggestions (I’m sleep deprived):

Here’s an apparently true Napoleon quote from one of his love letters to Josephine:
“You are wicked and naughty, very naughty” (smacks of Dick Emery)

And for Smiths fans “Frankly Mr Dunkley (the position we’re in)”

And Clark Gable morphing into Tom Cruise “Frankly my Dunkley, we don’t give a damn (just show us the round 1 picks)”

Dunkley will surely not want to play for North, WC or Bummers. If no deal can be struck with Lions and seeing as Dunkley has publicly stated he has enjoyed his time at our club and will miss his team mates then he plays another year with us taking him to FA and a reasonably high round 1 pick for us. Lions know this. I reckon Powers death stare will make them blink and go into 2023 defici so we end up with two round 1 picks.

bornadog
04-10-2022, 10:27 AM

"Trade Dunkley - then pony up "

GVGjr
04-10-2022, 10:28 AM
"Trade Dunkley - then pony up "

What about "Giddy up Dunkley, Pony up Brisbane" ?

It's Jee's decision.

bornadog
04-10-2022, 10:31 AM
"Giddy up Dunkley, Pony up Brisbane" ?

You have the power to change the heading ;)

Bulldog4life
04-10-2022, 10:55 AM
Given we are open to rolling in a player into the Dunkley trade I wonder if any of these names have some appeal for us?

Robertson I would. Played well in finals which is a good sign. Still young and plays similar role as Dunks did.

1eyedog
04-10-2022, 11:12 AM
Cam Rayner thanks.

comrade
04-10-2022, 12:25 PM
Robertson I would. Played well in finals which is a good sign. Still young and plays similar role as Dunks did.

Would be a cheap replacement for Dunks, and we can use picks to upgrade elsewhere. I like it.

The Bulldogs Bite
04-10-2022, 12:26 PM
Would be a cheap replacement for Dunks, and we can use picks to upgrade elsewhere. I like it.

Yeah, I'd take him.

Looked comfortable in the heat of some big finals.

Scorlibo
04-10-2022, 12:38 PM

All of these guys I see as steak knives, whereas you just know that because of their age Brisbane will see them as key bargaining chips. For that reason I'd be steering clear.

Outside of the obvious targets (Rayner, Bailey, McCluggage, Coleman), I'd be looking at Starcevich and Answerth for that lockdown defender.

EasternWest
04-10-2022, 12:50 PM
Cam Rayner thanks.

Imagine if we landed Rayner, I would be happy with this.

Axe Man
04-10-2022, 12:52 PM
The problem with throwing players into the mix late is there are so many factors that make it unlikely. Happy contracted players probably don't want to move interstate for a start. They have to be players Brisbane are willing to lose and we are interested in. The are a lot of stars that need to align unless we have already been working on someone in the background.

jeemak
04-10-2022, 12:54 PM
What about "Giddy up Dunkley, Pony up Brisbane" ?

It's Jee's decision.

Just change it to Trade Dunkley and end this Twodogs bullshit please......

Axe Man
04-10-2022, 12:56 PM

Strange choice but I like it.

hujsh
04-10-2022, 01:00 PM
I'm partial to 'End this Bullshit Please' as a thread name.

Sums up a lot of supporters feelings on the matter quite eloquently

jazzadogs
04-10-2022, 01:09 PM
All of these guys I see as steak knives, whereas you just know that because of their age Brisbane will see them as key bargaining chips. For that reason I'd be steering clear.

Outside of the obvious targets (Rayner, Bailey, McCluggage, Coleman), I'd be looking at Starcevich and Answerth for that lockdown defender.

Yep I think the best result for us if including Robertson would be something like:
Dogs get: 1st 2022, 1st 2023, Robertson
Lions get: Dunkley, pick 30, pick 67

That values Dunkley as pick 9 with Robertson as steak knives, and I'm not sure Brisbane will go for it.

bulldogtragic
04-10-2022, 01:39 PM
Yep I think the best result for us if including Robertson would be something like:
Dogs get: 1st 2022, 1st 2023, Robertson
Lions get: Dunkley, pick 30, pick 67

That values Dunkley as pick 9 with Robertson as steak knives, and I'm not sure Brisbane will go for it.

That looks ok. Thinking on it (player involved), then I think from their perspective it has to be a position they have depth in (getting Dunkley & Ashcroft), so maybe a mid. And a player whose best value is now, and who is a risk of future trade for less than their current value. Irrespective of gun, good player, young player status.

So if that’s their thinking. Which mid type fits our potential need?

F'scary
04-10-2022, 01:48 PM
If Taranto can command 12 + 19 (as has been reported), I would settle for any of the following rather than lose Dunkley to PSD.

Rayner + pick 15.

or

Robertson + pick 7 (if Brions get it)

or

Rayner + Robertson.

[Edit, since prising picks out of the Brions will be difficult, I would be quite happy with Rayner + Robertson. Maybe we could get some sort of steak knives for saving them the picks?]

Looking at Robertson in the finals, I think he is about to go up several notches next year. Could be good investment.

GVGjr
04-10-2022, 02:54 PM

Done and dusted.

hujsh
04-10-2022, 03:05 PM
Well it's at least better than what we had...

bornadog
04-10-2022, 03:17 PM

He is waiting at the nets

GVGjr
04-10-2022, 03:18 PM
He is waiting at the nets

With his runners on.

Axe Man
04-10-2022, 05:26 PM
Not surprising but not all that helpful for the Dunkley trade.

Paperwork has been submitted for Dan McStay. His move from Brisbane to Collingwood to be official soon. Lions set to receive second round compensation pick. Currently pick No. 35

mjp
04-10-2022, 05:40 PM
Looking at Robertson in the finals, I think he is about to go up several notches next year. Could be good investment.

I am a supporter of this on SO many levels but pretty sure he's gonna stay in Brisbane or move back to Perth.

jazzadogs
04-10-2022, 06:14 PM
I am a supporter of this on SO many levels but pretty sure he's gonna stay in Brisbane or move back to Perth.

Booooooooo

Twodogs
04-10-2022, 07:46 PM

You'll hear from my lawyers in the morning. Yarraville nets type lawyers!

Twodogs
04-10-2022, 07:58 PM
With his runners on.

You want to be quick on your feet down at the nets.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
04-10-2022, 08:11 PM
Wear spikes

Twodogs
04-10-2022, 08:29 PM
Wear spikes

Actually I've still got my boxing boots in my storage locker. They might be a better fit.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
04-10-2022, 08:40 PM
Actually I've still got my boxing boots in my storage locker. They might be a better fit.
Keep dodging and weaving

azabob
04-10-2022, 08:51 PM

Jack Crisp says hello. Mind you I tabled Starcevich and Answerth as my preferred targets a few weeks back.

azabob
04-10-2022, 08:53 PM

200 pages, 3,000 posts. Crazy.