PDA

View Full Version : Trade Dunkley

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16

1eyedog
10-10-2022, 02:04 PM
Very rarely a player will look after the club they come from. It' a show of loyalty because in some ways it's harming the success of your new home but Jackson has shown it still can happen.

Dunkley is not such a character. He's a character that nominates Essendon for their 'professionalism'. He shields a bloke, who on the balance of evidence performed some heinous acts, because it's in his interests to do so. Doesn't really think about the people who made the claims. Best you can say for him is that as a person he's very average and uninteresting. Thinking about himself and his immediate family but having no real perspective beyond that. All he seems to have to offer is his sporting prowess, so it's best he get what he can now while he still can.

That said I expect to hear him on Channel 7 in 10 years time. He'd fit right in.

This is why it's all his fault.

bornadog
10-10-2022, 02:07 PM
Luke Jackson deal about to break which will have a domino effect

FrediKanoute
10-10-2022, 06:56 PM
Why is it Dunkley’s fault?

In the current landscape he has every right to nominate the club he wants to move to and then it’s up to the 2 clubs to sort through the trade.

The fault should sit with the following 3 parties:

Player manager
Brisbane
Western Bulldogs

It seems our asking price isn’t aligned with what Brisbane wants to pay or what the player manager deems fair.

Yes he has the right to do all those things. That doesn't mean though that its not his fault. This is Dunkley's decision. He has chosen to go to a premiership rival who have limited draft currency which will mean we probably don't get market value. He chose to nominate after not just our finals campaign had ended, but their finals campaign ended. He chose to release statements saying that the club culture was not quite up to standard. His demands for more midfield minutes meant we prioritised him over developing Lapinski.

This needing to salvage something from a situation the club finds itself is primarily Dunkley's fault. If the club is at fault it's believing the bullsh*t that came out of his mouth about loving the club, not seeing himself anywhere else and the part that sickens me the most about giving his all.......if he wants to know what giving his all looks like he should look at Chris Grant, Steve Wallis, Choco Royal, Bob Murphy, Luke Darcy, the Libba's - guys who didn't sell out our club even when the could and probably should have.

AshMac
11-10-2022, 08:18 AM
Why is it Dunkley’s fault?

In the current landscape he has every right to nominate the club he wants to move to and then it’s up to the 2 clubs to sort through the trade.

The fault should sit with the following 3 parties:

Player manager
Brisbane
Western Bulldogs

It seems our asking price isn’t aligned with what Brisbane wants to pay or what the player manager deems fair.

Personally I reckon the role of the player manager is to set expectations with relevant clubs across the year and to advise his player on the most realistic outcome for all parties.

The manager should be the one that has the most visibility on price and what clubs are prepared to pay. If he told the lions the dogs price, the lions said no and he told Dunkley it’ll be tough and he still chose them then he’s done his duty of care.

It seems pickerings approach is to try and land the biggest $$ contract - granted part of his role - and to try and strong arm clubs that don’t make it easy in the media.

He is an absolute flog and it’s no suprise he has largely disappeared from public presence over the last few years. I’ll never forget an SEN interview talking about the Boyd contract and the impact of that much pressure on a kid that age - his response “it paid for my pool”

Scumbag

GVGjr
11-10-2022, 08:52 AM
Personally I reckon the role of the player manager is to set expectations with relevant clubs across the year and to advise his player on the most realistic outcome for all parties.

The manager should be the one that has the most visibility on price and what clubs are prepared to pay. If he told the lions the dogs price, the lions said no and he told Dunkley it’ll be tough and he still chose them then he’s done his duty of care.

It seems pickerings approach is to try and land the biggest $$ contract - granted part of his role - and to try and strong arm clubs that don’t make it easy in the media.

He is an absolute flog and it’s no suprise he has largely disappeared from public presence over the last few years. I’ll never forget an SEN interview talking about the Boyd contract and the impact of that much pressure on a kid that age - his response “it paid for my pool”

Scumbag

I've been underwhelmed by Pickerings approach and agree that I think he see's his role primarily to extract the biggest contract that he can and then bitch and moan if the clubs concerned don't fall in line.
His comments on the Off the Bench show where he was critical of the club when the signs are pointing to where Dunkley might be moving towards the PSD more than a direct switch to Brisbane and then saying the Bulldogs supporters wouldn't be happy with that was clearly incorrect. For an experienced media performer he is coming across as a novice.
On top of that, during the critical trade week from a Dunkley perspective Pickerings focus was on his paid gigs with Country Racing Victoria and SEN. Perhaps I'm being pedantic but if I was Dunkley I'd want him focusing more on getting my deal completed and I'd be questioning if Pickering's priorities are correct especially after the failed Essendon move.

I've been listening to other player managers talk through the process they and their players went through to get the deals done and I think Pickering is coming across as an amateur. For someone who has lived off getting massive deals done for GAJ, Tom Boyd and Lance Franklin he doesn't appear to be working hard enough so I'd question if he is just complacent and taking a lot of things from granted.

If Pickering gets on the phone and loses his shit with Brisbane and tells them that the financial commitment to Dunkley and the trade offer to the Dogs are a long way apart I think he can quickly redirect them to improve their offer and that could be enough to unlock the deal.

Since GWS have now moved up the order and I'd say Ashcroft will not be called first there is now considerable scope to get this deal done and Pickering needs to get involved to see what options can be put forward.

Scorlibo
11-10-2022, 08:56 AM
Since GWS have now moved up the order and I'd say Ashcroft will not be called first there is now considerable scope to get this deal done and Pickering needs to get involved to see what options can be put forward.

What gives you that impression? Have they indicated they rate someone else higher?

Grantysghost
11-10-2022, 09:24 AM
What gives you that impression? Have they indicated they rate someone else higher?
I don’t think the Crows were ever into Marra, they just wanted to make us pay.

GVGjr
11-10-2022, 09:30 AM

I might have read this wrong but I don't think you spend up like GWS to take the number one pick and then get the second best player.
Calling Ashcroft first and then calling lets assume Cadman 2nd doesn't seem like a PR win.
I think they genuinely rate Cadman as the number one and didn't want North taking him after an Ashcroft bid was matched.

bornadog
11-10-2022, 11:00 AM
Gunston now a Lion for 48 and F4

Brisbane now has Dunkley to do

Grantysghost
11-10-2022, 11:00 AM
Gunston now a Lion for 48 and F4

Brisbane now has Dunkley to do

Man they're good operators. That's a giveaway.

bornadog
11-10-2022, 11:02 AM

nah, Gunston is a free agent and they could have him for nothing, but that would have effected McStay compo. This is just to appease the rules.

hujsh
11-10-2022, 11:09 AM

Everyone! GG got hacked! It's a Lions supporter, that's why he's always going on about how fair their deals are and how good operators they are!

Grantysghost
11-10-2022, 11:09 AM
nah, Gunston is a free agent and they could have him for nothing, but that would have effected McStay compo. This is just to appease the rules.

Yes, but great get and they keep their McStay compo.

Grantysghost
11-10-2022, 11:18 AM
Everyone! GG got hacked! It's a Lions supporter, that's why he's always going on about how fair their deals are and how good operators they are!

https://media.giphy.com/media/haEpZ7eLjtZM4/giphy.gif

ratsmac
11-10-2022, 11:20 AM

Maybe he's actually Josh Dunkley!

bulldogtragic
11-10-2022, 11:22 AM
Not enough ‘Black President Bush’ on here. One of the greatest ever skits, along with most of Chapelle Show.

Grantysghost
11-10-2022, 11:25 AM
Not enough ‘Black President Bush’ on here. One of the greatest ever skits, along with most of Chapelle Show.

Or blind KKK member.

Grantysghost
11-10-2022, 11:26 AM
Maybe he's actually Josh Dunkley!

How dare you fine sir!

A bigger insult I could not endeavour to create! :)

Scorlibo
11-10-2022, 11:29 AM
I might have read this wrong but I don't think you spend up like GWS to take the number one pick and then get the second best player.
Calling Ashcroft first and then calling lets assume Cadman 2nd doesn't seem like a PR win.
I think they genuinely rate Cadman as the number one and didn't want North taking him after an Ashcroft bid was matched.

Interesting. If that's their play I wonder if the Lions will be made aware? It only helps us if they know that the Giants aren't bidding on Ashcroft.

GVGjr
11-10-2022, 11:30 AM
Interesting. If that's their play I wonder if the Lions will be made aware? It only helps us if they know that the Giants aren't bidding on Ashcroft.

They did a deal with GWS so it won't be hard to get an indication from them.
I think it's the reason why #21 is on the table.

bulldogtragic
11-10-2022, 11:33 AM
Or blind KKK member.

Or Tyrone Buggins. Or Rick James. Watched it in Netflix again the other month. God it holds up well.

Bulldog4life
11-10-2022, 07:34 PM
The Salty Bulldog��
@TheSaltyBulldog
·
10m
�� The Western Bulldogs board has approved sending Josh Dunkley to the pre-season draft if they do not receive two first-round picks.

Players being involved in a potential deal has also been discussed, however Brisbane is not prepared to use players in a swap

hujsh
11-10-2022, 07:37 PM
The Salty Bulldog��
@TheSaltyBulldog
·
10m
�� The Western Bulldogs board has approved sending Josh Dunkley to the pre-season draft if they do not receive two first-round picks.

Players being involved in a potential deal has also been discussed, however Brisbane is not prepared to use players in a swap

AFL wrapup

The Lions had looked to trade their pick No.21 and future first-round pick for Dunkley and receive a pick back in return however that won't proceed, leaving the 2016 premiership player in limbo on the final day. The Bulldogs board has approved sending Dunkley to the pre-season draft if a satisfactory deal is not decided.

Grantysghost
11-10-2022, 07:37 PM
The Salty Bulldog��
@TheSaltyBulldog
·
10m

I’ll need a very long break from footy if we do this.

hujsh
11-10-2022, 07:38 PM
They have 2 future seconds. If you need a pick back this year for points ask for 39 for one of them FFS.

Bulldog4life
11-10-2022, 07:42 PM

Look at the poll Gg. C'mon change your vote. You know you want to.

bulldogtragic
11-10-2022, 07:45 PM
Well Brisbane, it doesn't sound like a bluff now does it. Pick a player to add we want and have it done with.

hujsh
11-10-2022, 07:47 PM

It's not worse than the GF, you'll be back

lemmon
11-10-2022, 07:48 PM
Well Brisbane, it doesn't sound like a bluff now does it. Pick a player to add we want and have it done with.

Would the strategy have been to get in the ears of agents of players we'd be keen on and try to have one publicly declare they wanted a trade to the Dogs?

We need a player keen on the move for it to happen as much as anything else.

bulldogtragic
11-10-2022, 07:51 PM
Would the strategy have been to get in the ears of agents of players we'd be keen on and try to have one publicly declare they wanted a trade to the Dogs?

We need a player keen on the move for it to happen.

At a guess, i'd say we did based on comments that we would accept a player as part payment for Dunkley. And at a guess i'd say it hasn't worked in prying a player out and/or Brisbane refusing their trade. At the 11th hour, i'd be staggered to have a player we want all of a sudden actually linked. The report said Brisbane want to keep all their players too.

It's getting seriously tight now.

GVGjr
11-10-2022, 07:56 PM
At a guess, i'd say we did based on comments that we would accept a player as part payment for Dunkley. And at a guess i'd say it hasn't worked in prying a player out and/or Brisbane refusing their trade. At the 11th hour, i'd be staggered to have a player we want all of a sudden actually linked. The report said Brisbane want to keep all their players too.

It's getting seriously tight now.

i think there may have been some interim discussions with a couple of players but I think you're correct that it's now to late to fold in a player in a trade scenario.

AshMac
11-10-2022, 08:15 PM
I've been underwhelmed by Pickerings approach and agree that I think he see's his role primarily to extract the biggest contract that he can and then bitch and moan if the clubs concerned don't fall in line.
His comments on the Off the Bench show where he was critical of the club when the signs are pointing to where Dunkley might be moving towards the PSD more than a direct switch to Brisbane and then saying the Bulldogs supporters wouldn't be happy with that was clearly incorrect. For an experienced media performer he is coming across as a novice.
On top of that, during the critical trade week from a Dunkley perspective Pickerings focus was on his paid gigs with Country Racing Victoria and SEN. Perhaps I'm being pedantic but if I was Dunkley I'd want him focusing more on getting my deal completed and I'd be questioning if Pickering's priorities are correct especially after the failed Essendon move.

I've been listening to other player managers talk through the process they and their players went through to get the deals done and I think Pickering is coming across as an amateur. For someone who has lived off getting massive deals done for GAJ, Tom Boyd and Lance Franklin he doesn't appear to be working hard enough so I'd question if he is just complacent and taking a lot of things from granted.

If Pickering gets on the phone and loses his shit with Brisbane and tells them that the financial commitment to Dunkley and the trade offer to the Dogs are a long way apart I think he can quickly redirect them to improve their offer and that could be enough to unlock the deal.

I just expect him to play the numbers and manage expectations over the year.

Couldn’t agree more that he is just coasting - riding the reputation of a bygone era and is the mick Malthouse of managers - it’s all just passed him by….

AshMac
11-10-2022, 08:17 PM
Wonder what this does to any future relations between the dogs and lions.

We are the only ones that come off badly - and Dunkley himself - if he goes to the PSD. We lose a player, get nothing.

They lose nothing and have an extra 750 a year to manage their list for another 12 months.

Having said that - ride or die - he is dead to me now so I’d prefer the PSD than accept unders to make a petty point!

Hotdog60
11-10-2022, 08:23 PM
If Brisbane has been in his ear all year than the onus is on them to make it happen. Dunkley could have said QLD and at least we could have done a deal with the Suns even take Bowes and 7 and maybe do something with Geelong to get Bowes there.
Dunkley should feel peeved at Brisbane and his manager for not getting a deal done.

bulldogtragic
11-10-2022, 08:33 PM

We are the only ones that come off badly - and Dunkley himself - if he goes to the PSD. We lose a player, get nothing.

They lose nothing and have an extra 750 a year to manage their list for another 12 months.

Having said that - ride or die - he is dead to me now so I’d prefer the PSD than accept unders to make a petty point!

They lose another gun midfielder to take them from the prelim to the GF. They lose an opportunity to perhaps win a flag. They’ve got a lot to lose considering they can work harder or add a player that won’t line up in a GF, or at least, can be covered easily enough.

This isn’t a one way risk,

Rocket Science
11-10-2022, 08:34 PM

Weeeeell ... Now it's nearing the precipice (tho I have a feeling Brisbane begrudgingly caves in late) you wonder if we've pondered trading say Schache, or Crozier or anyone grateful for a fresh opportunity to sayyyy North Melbourne for whatever assets satisfy us then all of a sudden Dunkley's reluctantly "joining in the chorus ..."

How'd ya like them apples, Pickers?

If the AFEL raise an unlikely eyebrow we might like to canvass their view on what the Cats have been up to.

Grantysghost
11-10-2022, 08:35 PM
Look at the poll Gg. C'mon change your vote. You know you want to.
https://media.giphy.com/media/cELf8BLkKMKNYA6TZu/giphy.gif

Grantysghost
11-10-2022, 08:38 PM
It's not worse than the GF, you'll be back
Right in the middle of Taco Tuesday you bring that up! I’ve got the Mexican playlist going on Spotify, my mojito mock tail, a Dunkley piñata, Bevo’s moustache glued on that I paid a good price for and you go and do that !

SonofScray
11-10-2022, 08:49 PM
Judging by how feral the Brions fans are acting on the socials and other forums, they’re feeling like it’s slipping away from them.

bornadog
11-10-2022, 09:12 PM
Stick to your guns Sammy

HOSE B ROMERO
11-10-2022, 09:27 PM
So Brisbane are offering 21 and future first for Dunks and our pick 39.

I so want future trade periods to only be 5 days. 10 days is mind numbingly torturous.

bulldogtragic
11-10-2022, 09:36 PM
So Brisbane are offering 21 and future first for Dunks and our pick 39.

I so want future trade periods to only be 5 days. 10 days is mind numbingly torturous.

Sure if they add a player. Between Rayner and Lohmann. They actually don’t need either. They just want to keep all their toys while toys off the other kids. Time to teach them manners.

DOG GOD
11-10-2022, 09:51 PM
The fact we ask for 2 first rounders and the best they can do is 21, future 1st (which would be 18) and we send them Dunkley and 39, is farcical.
Send him to the PSD. If I was Power, tomorrow morning at 10am id get on trade radio and announce we will not be dealing with Bris.
Get on the front foot….why weigh it out til 5pm.

Jeanette54
11-10-2022, 09:54 PM
The fact we ask for 2 first rounders and the best they can do is 21, future 1st (which would be 18) and we send them Dunkley and 39, is farcical.
Send him to the PSD. If I was Power, tomorrow morning at 10am id get on trade radio and announce we will not be dealing with Bris.

I like your style DG.

Swoop
11-10-2022, 10:00 PM
It's disheartening at the moment but I continue to wait for tomorrow night hoping we somehow come through the otherside true to our word.

kruder
11-10-2022, 10:07 PM
It's disheartening at the moment but I continue to wait for tomorrow night hoping we somehow come through the otherside true to our word.

Swoop just think about what Naughty, Marra and Darcy will do to opposition defences in the coming years. How many first rounders combined would those three be worth? Plenty of things to like at the Kennel.

bulldogtragic
11-10-2022, 10:17 PM
A deep dive on the opposition strategy and landscape.

They have EIGHT picks with decent draft points (not including Pick 73 which has only 9 Points). Remembering they can only use the Draft Points for the amount of picks commensurate to the amount if list spots they have open. A ban on 'hidden points' was in several years ago, but temporarily lifted for us with Marra. Assuming the AFEL don't waiver, Brisbane need EIGHT spots as a starting position.

So they need 8 List Spots opened up to take all the draft points in. Assuming they move a pick for Gunston this year. Then they need SEVEN vacancies to use all the 7 Draft Picks or lose the draft points.

They have let go Berry, McStay, Robinson and Smith off their primary list. That's THREE more vacancies needed to use all the picks. (Cox and Uosis are rookies)

But they've brought in TWO player potentially, in Gunston & Dunkley. So they only have TWO 'net' vacancies opened up from their Primary List. So they are short FIVE list spots to use all picks/points.

They trade out Mathieson. They are now FOUR spots short of their Draft Picks/Points.

They have enough capital now for Gunston, Ashcroft & Fletcher so trading out Pick 21 with the most amount of Draft Points is a gamble for them. So for the sake of discussion, I will assume the most they could do is upgrade our 30 for 21, but not give the second rounder this year up altogether.

So they need to move on FOUR more players, or perhaps cut three more and trade another one. They need to cut their list further, or, it could make sense to include a player into a possible Dunkley trade. This option, means Brisbane Lions secure all of Dunkley, Gunston, Ashcroft & Fletcher. While they only trade out their Future First. Meaning for 2023 they still have 2 x Future Seconds, 1 Future Third and 2 x Future Fourths. So their 2023 Draft Hand is also very strong. That's an outstanding return for Brisbane and get all four targets this year, and still have 5 picks next year in the bag already without anything for Mathieson included.

So from an overall perspective by adding a player of first round value to the trade, they free up another list spot to help bring in all their good draft point picks, secure Dunkley, Gunston, Ashcroft & Fletcher and maintain 5+ Picks in the 2023 National Draft.

So you can make a case that Brisbane should look at including a player to trade us (of first round value) for numerous reasons, unless they are really going to cut deep into their list. I can only really see Rayner or potentially at a push Lohmann as potential candidates.

If I were Brisbane, i'd look at a player that is surplus to need and at a high-ish current value. Would Ballarat kid Lohmann taken at the end of the First Round last year suffice us if we can't get Rayner? Perhaps with a draft point trade of 30 & 39 for 21 & 55 (or 48 if not used on Guhnston). Then trading Pick 21 to Freo for Lobb with a Future Third coming back.

The end result of this period possibly:

2022: Pick 11, 48 or 55, 69 (or a rookie upgrade from Scott, McNeil, Sweet or Roarke most likely) - & - Jones (Mature KPD), Lobb (Mature KPF/2nd Ruck), Lohmann (small forward in his second year), with sizeable salary cap opened up, and one rookie draft pick or two if Parker isn't re-contracted - OUT: Dunkley, Cordy, and four others off the primary list with four being uncontracted in Schache, Wallis, Martin & Butler. An extra might be Hunter if that eventuates.

2023: First Round x 2, Second Round, Third Round x 2, Fourth Round

To me, Brisbane 'win', Freo 'win', and we secure a mature KPF/2nd Ruck (who kicked 36 goals this year), Small Forward taken from last years First Round (from Ballarat and a future ambassador to be the 'blonde twins' with Weightman) and another 2023 First Rounder as compensation for Dunkley. All assuming we can't use money to pry Rayner out. While having some money to a raid a Free Agent in 2023.

Does this work for you?

Math as it stands:

Lions Current Draft Points: 878, 543, 522, 502, 465, 302, 207, 194 = 3,613 Points

Say Gunston trade for Pick 48, meaning subtract 302 DPS:

3,311 - Draft Points
-2,400 - Ashcroft
------
911 - Draft Points - Fletcher as high as Pick 14 without deficit

Bump. They traded the 48 for Gunston. Lions are set for Ashcroft & Fletcher.

They still have to clear five players off their list if they secure Dunkley, as Mathieson remains. It’s unlikely a player trade happens, but it seems like an obvious ‘two birds, one stone’ outcome to trade a player to secure the trade and open a spot up to use all their points.

They can offer a Future First & Future Second (Tied to Geelong, circa pick 40) for Dunkley, and add a loose ‘player of first round value’ like a Lohmann. While holding 2023 Second, Third & Fourths.

Is a future pick 40 and a kid who they can easily cover really worth the risk of losing Dunkley and their ‘premiership dream’? Unless our player demand was ‘Rayner and only Rayner’, I don’t get their stubbornness.

jeemak
11-10-2022, 10:21 PM
I can't believe they haven't managed to get Mathieson involved in some sort of trade.....he's awesome.

Really, if you can think about how out of their depth they are you only need to look at that.

azabob
11-10-2022, 10:26 PM

I’ve got bad news for you my friend, trade period ends at 7.30pm!

azabob
11-10-2022, 10:27 PM
I can't believe they haven't managed to get Mathieson involved in some sort of trade.....he's awesome.

Really, if you can think about how out of their depth they are you only need to look at that.

I can’t believe we’ve come this far and your struggling to finish this for a second time.

bulldogtragic
11-10-2022, 10:29 PM

20 hours, 1 minute to deadline!

Happy Days

Bro don't act like if had Rhys "Beast Mode" "Sheer Force" "No Love" "The Pitbull" "Iron" "The Real Deal" "One Touch Bingo" Mathieson on our list that he wouldn't be mine and yours and everyone's favourite player.

DOG GOD
Ah that’s right. TV viewing at its best.

jeemak
I can’t believe we’ve come this far and your struggling to finish this for a second time.

The cosmos is working against me.

bulldogtragic
11-10-2022, 10:31 PM

Take the blue pill Jeemak!!!

The Bulldogs Bite
11-10-2022, 10:34 PM
I'm staggered if Brisbane aren't offering up a player like Lohmann at this point. They're trying to win a flag now; Gunston, Dunkley, Ashcroft (maybe Fletcher) is surely a great result for them.

F1, Pick 21 & Lohmann for Dunkley and third round pick is what I'd be hunting. And I'm not sure why they'd really haggle over that.

jeemak
Take the blue pill Jeemak!!!

What does that one do?

The one I took was a thatch colour and had something that looked like a yellow pages logo on it.......

mjp
Unless our player demand was ‘Rayner and only Rayner’, I don’t get their stubbornness.

I would be comfortable with that approach.

Since WE knew (this forum) that the Brians was going to be Dunks club a couple of weeks before he formalised it, surely the club read the same tea-leaves?

I'm as frustrated as anyone but most of the other players listed on this now ENORMOUS thread as potential trade inclusions (Lohmann, Starcevich) are good players but 'just' good players...they are not 1st round players.

Maybe I'm wrong but if you want something good you have to give something good...

jeemak
11-10-2022, 10:36 PM
I'm staggered if Brisbane aren't offering up a player like Lohmann at this point. They're trying to win a flag now; Gunston, Dunkley, Ashcroft (maybe Fletcher) is surely a great result for them.

F1, Pick 21 & Lohmann for Dunkley and third round pick is what I'd be hunting. And I'm not sure why they'd really haggle over that.

It's because they're looking at the period as a bunch of individual deals instead of a broad process and letting perfection get in the way of marked improvement.

Classic improvement strategy fail.

bulldogtragic
11-10-2022, 10:38 PM
I would be comfortable with that approach.

Since WE knew (this forum) that the Brians was going to be Dunks club a couple of weeks before he formalised it, surely the club read the same tea-leaves?

I'm as frustrated as anyone but most of the other players listed on this now ENORMOUS thread as potential trade inclusions (Lohmann, Starcevich) are good players but 'just' good players...they are not 1st round players.

Maybe I'm wrong but if you want something good you have to give something good...

11th hour reiterated good deal to Rayner? Subject to a medical tomorrow? Enough time?

azabob
11-10-2022, 10:40 PM
It's because they're looking at the period as a bunch of individual deals instead of a broad process and letting perfection get in the way of marked improvement.

Classic improvement strategy fail.

Everyone here is frustrated at Geelong but the are the perfect example of what Brisbane should be doing. At the time they “seemed to give up a lot” for Cameron and Dangerfield.
But they got the bloody deals done.

hujsh
11-10-2022, 10:41 PM
I think it'll be basically Dunks and 39 for 21, f1 and f2. Maybe there's a future 3rd they can throw in for next year (rules permitting). It's like... fine. Not great. Unders for sure. But hey Dunkley is a prick whattayagonnadoaboutit

azabob
11-10-2022, 10:42 PM
But hey Dunkley is a prick whattayagonnadoaboutit

Complain all summer?

jeemak
11-10-2022, 10:46 PM
Everyone here is frustrated at Geelong but the are the perfect example of what Brisbane should be doing. At the time they “seemed to give up a lot” for Cameron and Dangerfield.

I could understand it if two good talents - with one being the best in the draft according to some, weren't coming into the club. They're going to have enough points, and at this stage Dunkley would be cream on a trade period that's been extremely productive for them.

Perhaps the sticking point is our refusal to take Mathieson off their hands for nothing.

Grantysghost
11-10-2022, 11:07 PM

To me I'd say the deal is pretty close and someone will fold.

Probably the Lions.

Pick 21 and a future first with maybe a swapsy later on.

Lobb im less sure about. Gut feel is it happens very late. One of those queuing at the door jobs they love so much.

Drama!

Stevo
11-10-2022, 11:10 PM

Lets not hold our breaths here, we will know by 1pm if the deal can be struck but the mail I have says the differences in what we want and what they will offer says it won't get done.

Topdog
11-10-2022, 11:31 PM
I'm just waiting for us to capitulate

josie
11-10-2022, 11:49 PM
I'm just waiting for us to capitulate

I don’t think Power will capitulate on the Dunks trade.

bulldogtragic
11-10-2022, 11:57 PM
I don’t think Power will capitulate on the Dunks trade.

I think you’re right josie. With the club telling the press we will walk Dunkley to the PSD, if we take anything less than the demand it will be a humiliation of not just Power, but the list management committee that endorsed the decision and now the board which signed off on the decision and informing the media. I don’t think we can back down even if we wanted to. It’s all or nothing.

jeemak
12-10-2022, 12:42 AM
I think you’re right josie. With the club telling the press we will walk Dunkley to the PSD, if we take anything less than the demand it will be a humiliation of not just Power, but the list management committee that endorsed the decision and now the board which signed off on the decision and informing the media. I don’t think we can back down even if we wanted to. It’s all or nothing.

At least it gives an insight into the governance over the trading process if nothing else. I would think that most core decisions involving high draft picks and key players need some sort of approval, which is comforting - even though Bevo has everyone under his spell and is out of control.........

Obviously I'm being silly, but when you strip it back this is simply a transaction as part of a strategy that would have been signed off at the higher echelons of the club prior to the execution phase.

Perhaps at the lower ends of the draft or trading pile it becomes looser, but this is a good insight into how the trade period is governed.

GVGjr
12-10-2022, 09:07 AM
I don't know how we can sign off on a deal for Dunkley with what Brisbane have apparently offered us.
#21 and a F1 for Dunkley and #39 is a walk away scenario from my perspective
#39 is the deal breaker unless there was a F2 added by Brisbane.

bulldogtragic
12-10-2022, 09:33 AM
I don't know how we can sign off on a deal for Dunkley with what Brisbane have apparently offered us.

They have Geelong's future second rounder. Which after bids/compo will be about Pick 39 next year. Trading Pick 39 this year, for Pick 39 next year shouldn't be controversial for them. But then (after looking past that) it's still Pick 21 and Future First. Not nothing, but not what we've said we will take. Let's see what happens.

Axe Man
12-10-2022, 10:22 AM
From the HUN:

Brisbane made significant ground telling the Bulldogs it would trade its pick 21 and future first-round selection for Dunkley and pick 39.

If Brisbane throw in F2 as mentioned above I think we have a deal.

GVGjr
12-10-2022, 10:26 AM
From the HUN:

If Brisbane throw in F2 as mentioned above I think we have a deal.

If they put #21 and put their F1 on the table we would probably reluctantly accept that and I agree Axe if they want some points this year then throw in a F2 to balance it.

We can then offer a F2 to Fremantle.

GVGjr
12-10-2022, 10:43 AM
Not sure how this will be viewed but with the dead line looming could this get it done?

Brisbane
We trade Dunkley, #30 and #39 for Brisbane's F1, F2, #21, #34. Brisbane will still have enough points

Fremantle
We trade our F2 and F4 for Lobb

We go into the draft this year with #11, #21 and #34

mjp
12-10-2022, 10:44 AM

We can't trade him for this.

#21 and a F1 - likely 15+ - is simply not CLOSE to fair value. The Lions know it.

"That's all we've got" is 100% a cop out. They have a full list of players and I know (for a FACT) we have given them a list of names we will consider. I don't know exactly WHO is on that list, but it has more than one name on it...pick one.

mjp
12-10-2022, 10:44 AM
We can make this to #4000 posts. I know we can.

Scraggers
12-10-2022, 10:45 AM
Not sure how this will be viewed but with the dead line looming could this get it done?

Brisbane
We trade Dunkley, #30 and #39 for Brisbane's F1, F2, #21, #34. Brisbane will still have enough points

Fremantle

That gets both deals done for me

F'scary
12-10-2022, 10:48 AM

Brisbane

Fremantle

I'd go with this, next year is going to be a bigger year for delisting/retiring players currently on our list.

bulldogsthru&thru
12-10-2022, 10:58 AM
That deal essentially works out to be Dunkley for a future 1st and pick 21. Not what we wanted but probably something we'll have to accept. I still don't want Lobb if it involved a 2nd rounder with nothing coming back. We need to be drafting.

Bulldog4life
12-10-2022, 11:44 AM
Bro don't act like if had Rhys "Beast Mode" "Sheer Force" "No Love" "The Pitbull" "Iron" "The Real Deal" "One Touch Bingo" Mathieson on our list that he wouldn't be mine and yours and everyone's favourite player.

You forgot the "barometer"...which he gave to himself.

Bulldog4life
12-10-2022, 11:47 AM

But they still want pick(s) back. Has anyone heard differently?

HOSE B ROMERO
12-10-2022, 11:52 AM

sdafjkj

Mofra
12-10-2022, 11:54 AM
Easy.

"So, does anyone here have opinions of ruckmen and/or Josh Schache?"

Bulldog4life
12-10-2022, 11:54 AM
Keep in mind our Board signed off on 2 first rounders.

azabob
12-10-2022, 12:01 PM

Easily. Not even 2 weeks back we hit the 3,000 post mark.

What we really need is for Josh to sign a one year deal and it will get to 6,000+

DOG GOD
12-10-2022, 12:03 PM
Keep in mind our Board signed off on 2 first rounders.
And let’s hope they stick to it.

bulldogtragic
12-10-2022, 12:05 PM

Easy.

"So, does anyone here have opinions of ruckmen and/or Josh Schache?"

Can you believe we traded Pick 11 for two later picks in 2015

We now have lost Dunkley & Dad Collins. While Carlton have Curnow (Pick 11) signed for another 7 years.

bornadog
12-10-2022, 12:07 PM

We now have lost Dunkley & Dad Collins. While Carlton have Curnow signed for another 7 years.

I can't understand why clubs want to split picks - well I can but. The lower the pick the better chance of getting a decent player.

Dunkley pick will turn into at least two decent picks.

bulldogtragic
12-10-2022, 12:08 PM
I can't understand why clubs want to split picks - well I can but. The lower the pick the better chance of getting a decent player.

Dunkley pick will turn into at least two decent picks.

398 more posts to go. Curnow… be nice to see him and not the back of Dunkley…

jeemak
12-10-2022, 12:11 PM
No need to force it.

hujsh
12-10-2022, 12:25 PM
I think we settle for something with the value of 2 first rounders. I'd rather have f1st and 21 than nothing. It's unders but not insulting unders like sending 2 picks back

F'scary
12-10-2022, 12:28 PM
I think we settle for something with the value of 2 first rounders. I'd rather have f1st and 21 than nothing. It's unders but not insulting unders like sending 2 picks back

It's got to be just a little bit more...even F3.

BornInDroopSt'54
12-10-2022, 12:48 PM
Let Dunkley go to the draft.

bulldogsthru&thru
12-10-2022, 12:48 PM
No need to force it.

Says you.

hujsh
12-10-2022, 12:49 PM
It's got to be just a little bit more...even F3.

Yes exactly I should have mentioned that part. Even upgrading a future 4th into a future third so we get there 'on points' and can claim we got the equivalent of 2 firsts is enough. We're not getting 2 firsts. We can get close +assets for other trades. We can maybe get something to package with 21 to get into the first round if we want. I don't see us getting 2 firsts exactly though.

mjp
12-10-2022, 01:03 PM
Easily. Not even 2 weeks back we hit the 3,000 post mark.

What we really need is for Josh to sign a one year deal and it will get to 6,000+

If that happens I might post "LOL" 1000 times myself..

The Bulldogs Bite
12-10-2022, 01:05 PM

We now have lost Dunkley & Dad Collins. While Carlton have Curnow (Pick 11) signed for another 7 years.

Hated the deal at the time, hate it even more now.

GVGjr
12-10-2022, 01:12 PM
If that happens I might post "LOL" 1000 times myself..

I'm going to close this thread at 3999 posts. :)

mjp
12-10-2022, 01:21 PM

That's worth a LOL right there. Check your PM's btw.

bulldogtragic
12-10-2022, 01:26 PM
424 minutes Lions…

Tick. Tock.

Grantysghost
12-10-2022, 01:32 PM
Says you.

I'm all for forcing it.

bulldogsthru&thru
12-10-2022, 01:34 PM
I'm all for forcing it.

Let us force it through good old small talk!

How about that rain huh?

bulldogsthru&thru
12-10-2022, 01:35 PM
What's everyone's plans for the weekend?

bulldogsthru&thru
12-10-2022, 01:36 PM
I got up today and made myself a piece of toast. I set the toaster to 3 - medium brown.

Bulldog Revolution
12-10-2022, 01:42 PM

Yeah that sure brightened up the trade deadline for me

Grantysghost
12-10-2022, 01:50 PM
How about whilst we wait we enjoy cooking with Dunks - I'm sure there's enough in the series to flesh out this as far as we need it.

Who doesn't love a Beef YEROS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1e4qmP53TA

bulldogsthru&thru
12-10-2022, 02:27 PM
How about whilst we wait we enjoy cooking with Dunks - I'm sure there's enough in the series to flesh out this as far as we need it.

Mission make some delicious products but I'm sure Dunkley would find a way to suck out all the spicy taste sensations and turn it into a bland, run of the mill generic product that perfectly represents Brand Dunkley.

Bulldog Revolution
12-10-2022, 02:28 PM

They dont have the vomit emoji on this platform GG otherwise I would have posted it

bornadog
12-10-2022, 02:38 PM
How about quality over quantity :D

azabob
12-10-2022, 02:58 PM
How about quality over quantity :D

How has that theory worked out for you over your 54,333 posts (and counting)?

bornadog
12-10-2022, 03:18 PM
How has that theory worked out for you over your 54,333 posts (and counting)?

Well Aza I don't give a shit about whether people like or don't like my posts, but I find your post offensive - joke or not

Go_Dogs
12-10-2022, 03:22 PM
Getting this back on track.

What’s seemingly changed that the narrative of 21 + F1 is now enough? I suspect the club will accept it and this is coming out now to get us used to the idea… Brisbane have stumped up.

We’ll… isn’t it the same thing that’s been on the table all week we’ve been saying no to?

Bulldog4life
12-10-2022, 03:24 PM

What’s seemingly changed that the narrative of 21 + F1 is now enough? I suspect the club will accept it and this is coming out now to get us used to the idea… Brisbane have stumped up.

We’ll… isn’t it the same thing that’s been on the table all week we’ve been saying no to?

But initially they wanted picks 30 & 39 back from us. Has that changed?

hujsh
12-10-2022, 03:25 PM

Nah they've always wanted picks back. 30+39 at first and now just 39.

Topdog
12-10-2022, 03:26 PM

Yeah seemingly changed from 15 + F1 for 30 and 39 to 21 + F1 and nothing going back.

Its pretty shit but 2 1sts in next years strong draft can be useful.

bornadog
12-10-2022, 03:26 PM

This is one the AFL are loving and we won't know the result till 7.25pm

azabob
12-10-2022, 03:28 PM
Well Aza I don't give a shit about whether people like or don't like my posts, but I find your post offensive - joke or not

No offense intended, simply pointing out you called out every other poster on this thread for "quality" posting.

bornadog
12-10-2022, 03:31 PM
No offense intended, simply pointing out you called out every other poster on this thread for "quality" posting.

No I didn't. I was merely saying to get to 4000, we don't need to just add any old thing.

bulldogsthru&thru
12-10-2022, 03:39 PM
This is sure to get us to 4000.

hujsh
12-10-2022, 03:40 PM
If Josh Dunkley were an animal, what animal would he be?

Grantysghost
12-10-2022, 03:41 PM

Pangolin

Grantysghost
12-10-2022, 03:44 PM
No I didn't. I was merely saying to get to 4000, we don't need to just add any old thing.

Wait, you just added any old thing by saying don't add any old thing ;)

bulldogsthru&thru
12-10-2022, 03:45 PM

I wanna say Manatee but I also don't want to offend Manatees

Happy Days
12-10-2022, 03:45 PM

A lion?

Grantysghost
12-10-2022, 03:46 PM
A lion?

I see what you did there.

hujsh
12-10-2022, 03:51 PM
A lion?

Maybe something that feeds off Lions. Like a tick?

EasternWest
12-10-2022, 03:56 PM

I wish you'd stop personally attacking me like this.

Also, is this the post that gets it to 4000? What do I win?

bornadog
12-10-2022, 03:58 PM
I wish you'd stop personally attacking me like this.

Also, is this the post that gets it to 4000? What do I win?

A night out with HD at the nets :D

angelopetraglia
12-10-2022, 04:09 PM

https://media.hswstatic.com/eyJidWNrZXQiOiJjb250ZW50Lmhzd3N0YXRpYy5jb20iLCJrZXkiOiJnaWZc L3BlYWNvY2stZmVhdGhlcnMuanBnIiwiZWRpdHMiOnsicmVzaXplIjp7Indp ZHRoIjo4Mjh9LCJ0b0Zvcm1hdCI6ImF2aWYifX0=

Bulldog Joe
12-10-2022, 04:11 PM
https://media.hswstatic.com/eyJidWNrZXQiOiJjb250ZW50Lmhzd3N0YXRpYy5jb20iLCJrZXkiOiJnaWZc L3BlYWNvY2stZmVhdGhlcnMuanBnIiwiZWRpdHMiOnsicmVzaXplIjp7Indp ZHRoIjo4Mjh9LCJ0b0Zvcm1hdCI6ImF2aWYifX0=

Too pretty for Dunks.

But it is probably what his mirror tells him.

josie
12-10-2022, 04:41 PM
Jon Ralph now saying lions offering 21 & F1 with nothing in return.

DOG GOD
12-10-2022, 04:42 PM
That’s not 2 first rounders.
We will buckle.

SonofScray
12-10-2022, 04:43 PM

Probably gets it done, despite being unders still.

Grantysghost
12-10-2022, 04:50 PM
That’s not 2 first rounders.
We will buckle.

That's not buckling it's just smart.

GVGjr

I'd say that will increase the chance to get this deal done.
We should ask for a F2 or their #34 for our pick #39 just for them messing us around.

1eyedog
We've gotta take it and we all know we will

DOG GOD
12-10-2022, 04:51 PM
That's not buckling it's just smart.
The board signed off on 2 first rounders. Bris had no intention ever to trade 2 first rounders. Made that clear trading out pick 15 for 21.
I’m still firmly on the PSD stand.
But a deal will be done for unders unfortunately

Grantysghost
12-10-2022, 04:52 PM
The board signed off on 2 first rounders. Bris had no intention ever to trade 2 first rounders. Made that clear trading out pick 15 for 21.

What if we get two really good players from the draft?

bulldogsthru&thru
12-10-2022, 04:52 PM
15 and F1 is what we wanted and they didn't care.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-10-2022, 04:53 PM
I'd say that will increase the chance to get this deal done.
We should ask for a F2 for their #34 for our pick #39 just for them messing us around.

Yep I'd be inclined to take 21 and F1 and exchange our 39 for their 34.

DOG GOD
12-10-2022, 04:53 PM
What if we get two really good players from the draft?
IF. Time will tell.

DOG GOD
12-10-2022, 04:54 PM
As soon as they traded 15 we should’ve walked away. Was always going to be unders from that moment.

GVGjr
I'm glad we have stood our ground. We won't quite get what we want but it's closer now than what it ever has been.

We need to push this home and get an upgrade for 39 to 34.
It means bugger all but it's a way of flipping them the bird :)

hujsh
But a deal will be done for unders unfortunately

Well, the board approved Sam's ability to refuse for less than that, doesn't mean he can't use his judgement on deals that come close

Grantysghost
12-10-2022, 04:55 PM
IF. Time will tell.

The other move gives us nothing.

I still have no idea why people think that's a good idea.

We've moved the needle a bit with that threat now we need to take it and move onto Lobb.

bulldogtragic
12-10-2022, 04:55 PM
Hate to tell you 34 for 39 is meaningless. They will burn through all the picks in between 34 and 38 except for a Melbourne pick in matching bids.

It's a one pick upgrade... not quite a deal breaker.

Math: They have 34, 35, 36 and 38 all burned through.

DOG GOD
12-10-2022, 04:56 PM
Well, the board approved Sam's ability to refuse for less than that, doesn't mean he can't use his judgement on deals that come close
Fair enough.
I’m just pissed it was never a trade we were going to win. Bris made sure of that.

macca
12-10-2022, 04:57 PM

We've moved the needle a bit with that threat now we need to take it and move onto Lobb.

When players can walk to the PSD and get pickedup then we really have everything to lose. I don't like the negotiating tactic

Nic stevens
Luke Ball

they all eventually got to their clubs of choice when trades not able to get done.

DOG GOD
12-10-2022, 04:57 PM

Well it gives us the satisfaction Dunkley wouldn’t play for bris.
And if he did then the AFL would need to look at how on earth he got past everyone else.

Mantis
12-10-2022, 04:58 PM
Fair enough.
I’m just pissed it was never a trade we were going to win. Bris made sure of that.

Regardless of pick numbers if we get 2 x 200+ gamers with our selections have we won the trade?

bornadog
12-10-2022, 04:59 PM
As soon as they traded 15 we should’ve walked away. Was always going to be unders from that moment.

That was a smart arse move by them

Bulldog4life
12-10-2022, 04:59 PM
When players can walk to the PSD and get pickedup then we really have everything to lose. I don't like the negotiating tactic

Nic stevens
Luke Ball

they all eventually got to their clubs of choice when trades not able to get done.

Didn't Nick Stevens want to go to Collingwood? Ended up at Carlton.

DOG GOD
12-10-2022, 05:00 PM
Correct

DOG GOD
12-10-2022, 05:01 PM
That was a smart arse move by them
Exactly.

Topdog
12-10-2022, 05:01 PM
21 + F1 isnt fantastic but it also isnt shit. Our 2 x 1sts was always going to be a late 1st, now its just an early 2nd.

bulldogtragic
12-10-2022, 05:02 PM

I thought he ended up with the Barwon Prison 'Breakers' for bashing his wife?

bornadog
12-10-2022, 05:12 PM
I thought he ended up with the Barwon Prison 'Breakers' for bashing his wife?

He ended up at Carlton after going to PSD. Port won the premiership the year after.

He is a scum bag

AFL star jailed over sickening bashing of glamorous girlfriend that left her with a permanent injury now cruelly claims he's innocent - and only pleaded guilty to get a lighter sentence

Nick Stevens played 104 games for Carlton and 127 for Port Adelaide
He was charged in 2014 over a savage assault on then partner Laima McKenna
In March 2015, Stevens was sentenced to eight months jail but appealed
He pleaded guilty in July 2016 and was sentenced to six months jail
Ms McKenna said he had ruined her life after he put her through 'hell'
Stevens admitted to bashing Ms McKenna, including kicking her on the ground

bornadog
12-10-2022, 05:26 PM
Jon Ralph
@RalphyHeraldSun

Developing news on Dunkley. Understand Brisbane has now offered 21 and a future first rounder without asking for the Dogs' 39 back, which was their initial offer. It's still not what the Dogs want but it's definitely closer to acceptable.

bulldogtragic
12-10-2022, 05:30 PM
Add Rayner or Lohmann and get some/many points back.

Axe Man
12-10-2022, 05:30 PM
The lions now offering to throw in a signed Jarryn Geary jumper.

https://i.postimg.cc/wj5TQFQg/trade.jpg (https://postimg.cc/xXC20vZ4)

The Bulldogs Bite
12-10-2022, 05:53 PM
Jon Ralph
@RalphyHeraldSun

Suspect we take it, despite it being a shit deal.

bornadog
12-10-2022, 05:54 PM

Negotiations are still taking place, so Sam not happy

MrMahatma
12-10-2022, 05:57 PM

I wouldn't say it's shit. I'd have loved more but if we can end up with Lobb and a future first for Dunks, all-in-all I think we've done OK in the circumstances.

Would love to actually hear their discussions in that room!

bulldogsthru&thru
12-10-2022, 06:00 PM
The lions now offering to throw in a signed Jarryn Geary jumper.

https://i.postimg.cc/wj5TQFQg/trade.jpg (https://postimg.cc/xXC20vZ4)

Is this one of those Bowes deals?? Are the lions giving us pick 7 for taking the jumper?

The Doctor
12-10-2022, 06:34 PM
Dogs want F2 in addition to F1 & 21

bornadog
12-10-2022, 06:35 PM

2 hours to go.

Scorlibo
12-10-2022, 06:37 PM
Jon Ralph
@RalphyHeraldSun

Will be impressed if we walk away with more, but now disappointed if we walk away with nothing.

Given the Lions have made two successive concessions to their position, our threat to take him to the PSD has been well and truly vindicated.

The Bulldogs Bite
12-10-2022, 06:37 PM

Rightfully.

It's still average - these are all VERY speculative picks for a proven player. That we aren't getting anything of quality this year, too, is disappointing.

AshMac
12-10-2022, 06:40 PM
Rightfully.

It's still average - these are all VERY speculative picks for a proven player. That we aren't getting anything of quality this year, too, is disappointing.

This is still effectively 2 second round picks with academy and FS. Brisbane have to be confident they can win it next year.

kruder
12-10-2022, 06:41 PM
We need the Lobb deal not to be linked with Dunkley to extract beat value from the lions last minute. If not it will be 21 and F1

kruder
12-10-2022, 07:33 PM
Dunks is done close the thread!!!!!! Looks like its linked to Lobb so I'm guessing we won't be getting more than 21 F1

Topdog
12-10-2022, 07:34 PM
Dunks is done close the thread!!!!!! Looks like its linked to Lobb so I'm guessing we won't be getting more than 21 F1

official?

Grantysghost
12-10-2022, 07:35 PM
It will be future first and Lobb to dogs
Dunkley to Lions
Omeara to freo
21 to Hawks.

ratsmac
12-10-2022, 07:36 PM
Get the lube out, this might sting

mjp
12-10-2022, 07:39 PM
It will be future first and Lobb to dogs
Dunkley to Lions
Omeara to freo
21 to Hawks.

LOLOLOLOL.

That would be genuinely the funniest thing ever. 4 weeks of back and forth for a single future first???

Classic.

FrediKanoute
12-10-2022, 07:40 PM
What's the be we get 21 and F1 and give them F3 we got for Hunter

Grantysghost
12-10-2022, 07:42 PM
LOLOLOLOL.

That would be genuinely the funniest thing ever. 4 weeks of back and forth for a single future first???

Classic.

Plus Lobb.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-10-2022, 07:43 PM
Plus Lobb.

that somehow makes it feel even worse

hujsh
12-10-2022, 07:46 PM
that somehow makes it feel even worse

Agreed, Getting unders for Jesh is one thing but then using that to pay overs for someone else (that we don't have to pay for if we really don't want) makes it worse

1eyedog
12-10-2022, 07:50 PM
Agreed, Getting unders for Jesh is one thing but then using that to pay overs for someone else (that we don't have to pay for if we really don't want) makes it worse

Well Lobb is contracted and we need to pay overs it's just the way it is. I'm 50/50 on him but the club rates him.

I think alot of people are over-rating Dunkley too btw. He's probably worth a bit more than Lobb and F1 but he uncontracted and wants out so I'm not unhappy.

Lobb and Jones at each end will help, alot. Our midfield / list generally looks like a scattered jigsaw and Hunter and Dunkley out are two losses I can absorb. One thing we have cover for is our midfield.

GVGjr
12-10-2022, 07:53 PM
I think the deal has been done.

hujsh
12-10-2022, 07:53 PM
Well Lobb is contracted and we need to pay overs it's just the way it is. I'm 50/50 on him but the club rates him.

I think alot of people are over-rating Dunkley too btw. He's probably worth a bit more than Lobb and F1 but he uncontracted and wants out so I'm not unhappy.

Lobb and Jones at each end will help, alot. Our midfield / list generally looks like a scattered jigsaw and Hunter and Dunkley out are two losses I can absorb. One thing we have cover for is our midfield.

Yeah but 21 is too overs if you know what I mean?

Grantysghost
12-10-2022, 07:54 PM
I think the deal has been done.

I think the opposite.

EasternWest
12-10-2022, 07:54 PM
So like, now that Hunter is gone Dunkley will want back in right?

Jeemak's long con was for nothing.

GVGjr
12-10-2022, 07:55 PM
I think the opposite.

Pickering happy with something else then

1eyedog
I agree it really is Power is Nero playing the fiddle while Rome burns. We want Lobb really, really badly.

Hope he repays the faith and the high cost.

Grantysghost
Pickering happy with something else then

He's not happy.

BornInDroopSt'54
12-10-2022, 07:56 PM
I hope no deal is done, I hate being shafted by f'wits, greed, insincerity and incompetence.

The Bulldogs Bite
12-10-2022, 07:59 PM
Holding off on the deal announcement until Fox coverage starts?

AFL is so cringe.

bulldogsthru&thru
12-10-2022, 08:06 PM
Lol this Ralph guy is such a fool. He's saying dogs just gotta do the deals for Dunkley and Lobb. Says it's probably unders for Dunkley and probably overs for Lobb but we've just gotta do it or else risk being left with nothing. I'd love to negotiate with this guy.

ratsmac
12-10-2022, 08:08 PM
Gee we love a cliff hanger don't we? Don't cave in Sammy

Grantysghost
12-10-2022, 08:12 PM
Whatever just happened with the last phone call bw Power and Ambrogio indicated that Sam is absolutely not budging!

bulldogtragic
12-10-2022, 08:13 PM
Pickering shaking hands in the Brisbane rooms.

Grantysghost
12-10-2022, 08:13 PM
Yeah it's done.

Let's see! I think Sam may have just have the biggest brass balls in the history of AFL.

FrediKanoute
12-10-2022, 08:16 PM
Holding off on the deal announcement until Fox coverage starts?

AFL is so cringe.

Funny that was my thought. The egotist probably wants the drama of a last second transfer......

bulldogtragic
Done. Update details soon.

Bye Josh.

josie
F1, f2 & 21

kruder
It includes the F2 also will be interesting to see what goes back

The Doctor
12-10-2022, 08:17 PM
Dunkley done

21, F1 & F2 from Brisbane involved. there's more to it

kruder
12-10-2022, 08:17 PM
Wonder who's F2 it is?

Mofra
12-10-2022, 08:19 PM
Wonder who's F2 it is?
No idea. Some small picks going back too

Sounds like it's more favourable to us than just P21 & F1.

DOG GOD
And what are we giving back. ?

hujsh
Yooooooooooooooo

Got that second second rounder!

Sammy P the boy pulled it off. Did not think we'd get that

Axe Man
Lol this Ralph guy is such a fool. He's saying dogs just gotta do the deals for Dunkley and Ralph. Says it's probably unders for Dunkley and probably overs for Lobb but we've just gotta do it or else risk being left with nothing. I'd love to negotiate with this guy.

We are trading in John Ralph? :eek:

The Bulldogs Bite
12-10-2022, 08:20 PM
So are we rebuilding or contending?

I'm really not a fan of the mooted deal. I get we're stuck somewhat, but we're far from contending.

bulldogtragic
12-10-2022, 08:20 PM

I'm really not a fan of the mooted deal. I get we're stuck somewhat, but we're far from contending.

No-mans Land.

G-Mo77
12-10-2022, 08:21 PM
Yooooooooooooooo

Got that second second rounder!

Sammy P the boy pulled it off. Did not think we'd get that

Yay. Nothing that will assist us in 2023. What a terrific result.

GVGjr
12-10-2022, 08:22 PM
Just on other news, Brisbane have announced they will play two games next season overseas and two games up at Cairns
Apparently it will be in the Phillippines and they will be known as the Manila folders.
When they play at Cairns they'll be known as the deck chairs, you know collapse under pressure.
:)

I'm sure it's not as bad as that.

hujsh
12-10-2022, 08:23 PM

We have players to contend but we just aren't a destination club so we need young talent coming in. You can draft players that can contribute now (lots of young uns did in 2016)

bulldogsthru&thru
No-mans Land.

Spot on. The worst. I'd rather a rebuild. We're giving away guys basically for free to premiership contenders whilst we piss away list spots and just hope someone falls into our laps to fix glaring holes on the list.

The Bulldogs Bite
No-mans Land.

That's exactly where we are.

Do we really, honestly believe all we needed was Lobb and Jones and to cut away some disruptive player?

Why bother keeping JJ (among others) if that's the case. I'd rather go full rebuild.

bulldogtragic
12-10-2022, 08:24 PM
That's exactly where we are.

Do we really, honestly believe all we needed was Lobb and Jones and to cut away some disruptive player?

Why bother keeping JJ (among others) if that's the case. I'd rather go full rebuild.

Look at the bright side. Wally & Martin should hit their straps next year.

The Bulldogs Bite
12-10-2022, 08:25 PM
If we give up 21 or x2 second rounders for Lobb, I want Sam Power in the nets.

hujsh
Yay. Nothing that will assist us in 2023. What a terrific result.

Well that's meant to be Jones and Lobb. If no Brisbane players were willing to ask for a trade what can be done but get he best picks we can?

EasternWest
If we give up 21 or x2 second rounders for Lobb, I want Sam Power in the nets.

I've heard he can hold them up, so let's organise it.

Grantysghost
12-10-2022, 08:26 PM
Dunkley future 3rd future 4th
Pick 21 future 1 future 2 future 4 (tied to cats)

GVGjr
Now that is a fair deal. Well done Sam Power and the list management team.
Never accept massive unders. Never.

G-Mo77
So essentially it's Dunkley, Hunter and Shache out and 21, F1 Bris, F2 Bris in. What a disgrace!

bulldogtragic
12-10-2022, 08:27 PM
Dunkley future 3rd future 4th
Pick 21 future 1 future 2 future 4 (tied to cats)

Out: Future 3rd & 4th tied to Melbourne

In: Future First (BL), Second (Bris/Gell TBA), Fourth (Geel)

josie
And what are we giving back. ?

As I understand it….F2 & F3 (I think they are ones from Dees for Schache & Hunter), plus our F4 and we also receive Geelong F4.

Grantysghost
Now that is a fair deal. Well done Sam Power and the list management team.

I could see in the room the Lions were getting really annoyed and Sam was like the ice man.
Showed 0 emotion.

hujsh
So essentially it's Dunkley, Hunter and Shache out and 21, F1 Bris, F2 Bris in. What a disgrace!

You okay?

EDIT: not meant to be sarcastic

bulldogtragic
12-10-2022, 08:28 PM

Yep. The picks for Hunter & Schache given to Brisbane.

Then 21, and future 1st, 2nd, 4th

hujsh
12-10-2022, 08:29 PM
FWIW if the Hunter rumours are true that no players or coaches want him there anymore, trading him for literally anything and not paying out his contract is a win.

G-Mo77
12-10-2022, 08:30 PM
Yep. The picks for Hunter & Schache given to Brisbane.

Then 21, and future 1st, 2nd, 4th

Yeah, way to hold out Sam. It's a horrible deal, horrible. This is what we held out for? *!*!*!*! me!

bulldogsthru&thru
12-10-2022, 08:30 PM

That future 1st is likely to end up eing around pick 19/20 after the draft compromises that haplen each year. That 2nd rounder in the late 30s. It's unders for sure but I also understand our hands were tied given Dunkley chose possibly the worst club trade wise.

Let's hope the lions crash and burn somehow next year.

Mofra
12-10-2022, 08:31 PM
Schache was going to be delisted and Hunter paid out.

It's way better than P21 & F1 for Dunkley & pick 39 (as it was 24 hours ago)

josie
12-10-2022, 08:31 PM
I think Power has done well in a really difficult situation.

Topdog
12-10-2022, 08:32 PM
Given he was out of contract that was a pretty good result

G-Mo77
12-10-2022, 08:32 PM
That future 1st is likely to end up eing around pick 19/20 after the draft compromises that haplen each year. That 2nd rounder in the late 30s. It's unders for sure but I also understand our hands were tied given Dunkley chose possibly the worst club trade wise.

Let's hope the lions crash and burn somehow next year.

That's the only hope. It's a pitiful return!

jeemak
12-10-2022, 08:33 PM
So we've traded Dunkley.

hujsh
12-10-2022, 08:34 PM
Yeah, way to hold out Sam. It's a horrible deal, horrible. This is what we held out for? *!*!*!*! me!

What do you think is lacking? No players coming back? Not being 2 firsts? The firsts being late? That we accepted a deal at all

It's shit but when an uncontracted player nominates a club in Brisbane's postion realistically given the way our system works and the position of GC I'm not sure we could have hoped for much more.

jazzadogs
12-10-2022, 08:37 PM
Once the Lions were announced as the destination, we couldn't have hoped for much more than this (outside of the list of players Brisbane refused).

azabob
Pickering still giving the bulldogs drive by on trade radio.

Pickering is bitter and twisted. An absolute jerk.

bulldogtragic
Pickering still giving the bulldogs drive by on trade radio.

Pickering is bitter and twisted. An absolute jerk.

What a *!*!*!*! stick...

FrediKanoute
12-10-2022, 08:38 PM
I like it. F1 and F2 in 2023 whcih is meant to be a super draft means we can top up or trade up.

Its a reasonable deal and much better than nothing!

G-Mo77
12-10-2022, 08:38 PM
What do you think is lacking? No players coming back? Not being 2 firsts? The firsts being late? That we accepted a deal at all

It's shit but when an uncontracted player nominates a club in Brisbane's postion realistically given the way our system works and the position of GC I'm not sure we could have hoped for much more.

I wasn't expecting a good deal with this alone but we've basically thrown Hunter into this deal as well. Hunter and Dunkely for this? My god!

Edit: And now we've given that F2 and our 30 for Lobb. *!*!*!*!s sake!

DOG GOD
12-10-2022, 08:40 PM
Pick 30 and future 2nd for Lobb
WTF

FrediKanoute
12-10-2022, 08:46 PM
That is a good deal for Lobb. I prefer we keep pick 21 and use that wisely or trade to split it.

WBFC4FFC
12-10-2022, 08:48 PM
I like it. F1 and F2 in 2023 whcih is meant to be a super draft means we can top up or trade up.

Its a reasonable deal and much better than nothing!

Dogs value 1st round picks.

Agree - Next year's draft is supposed to be full of talent. We have 2, 1st rounders currently.

AshMac
12-10-2022, 08:48 PM
Unders. Not happy with it at all.

Better than the PSD I suppose if I try and remove emotion.

Don’t know how deep next years draft is

SonofScray
12-10-2022, 10:15 PM
Pretty cheap get for the Lions. Dunkley used up what credits he’d had so I won’t wish him well.

We can’t be in that position again, letting a guy like that, of his ability run his contract down just to force a trade to a finals rival.

The Underdog
12-10-2022, 10:20 PM
Pretty cheap get for the Lions. Dunkley used up what credits he’d had so I won’t wish him well.

We can’t be in that position again, letting a guy like that, of his ability run his contract down just to force a trade to a finals rival.

But how do you stop it happening? Trade him with a year to go? Refuse to trade to the team of choice?
We'd offered him a roughly comparable contract. He just wanted to go elsewhere. Players moving is going to be even more common so it's definitely going to be a situation that pops up relatively often.

The Underdog
12-10-2022, 10:24 PM
Dogs value 1st round picks.

Agree - Next year's draft is supposed to be full of talent. We have 2, 1st rounders currently.

And 2 seconds

hujsh
12-10-2022, 10:26 PM
And 2 seconds

Nah we traded ours to Freo remember

Bumper Bulldogs
12-10-2022, 10:26 PM

Do you think that the AFL need to put I. Play some dirt of governance around these deals.

Geelong, Richmond, Carlton and Collingwood will grow stronger with players requesting to play block buster games. Looks like we all start to become feeder clubs gif the big 6 to become powers in the LW scale of AFL media rights

Grantysghost
12-10-2022, 10:28 PM
But how do you stop it happening? Trade him with a year to go? Refuse to trade to the team of choice?
We'd offered him a roughly comparable contract. He just wanted to go elsewhere. Players moving is going to be even more common so it's definitely going to be a situation that pops up relatively often.

He just seemed hell bent on a move in what will be his biggest contract.

I doubt anything outside of paying him ridiculous money would’ve kept him.

Likes to think he’s comparable to a US sports star I think.

For his limited ability you have to admire his belief and work ethic.

WBFC4FFC
12-10-2022, 10:43 PM
Do you think that the AFL need to put I. Play some dirt of governance around these deals.

Geelong, Richmond, Carlton and Collingwood will grow stronger with players requesting to play block buster games. Looks like we all start to become feeder clubs gif the big 6 to become powers in the LW scale of AFL media rights

Finals are Blockbusters!

The Underdog
12-10-2022, 10:45 PM
Nah we traded ours to Freo remember

Yeah, you're right. The AFL site hadn't updated picks with the Lobb trade when I checked