PDA

View Full Version : Trade Dunkley

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Grantysghost
02-11-2020, 01:09 PM
Mitch Cleary and Brendon Goddard speaking about Dunkley this morning here https://media.whooshkaa.com/show/9121/episode/752587.mp3

It's a reasoned discussion. Summary

- From what Goddard knows it has legs, Josh has some issues with the club apparently (doesn't go into any detail so hard to know if true) and is receptive to a move.
- Players unlikely to go public now due to Daniher, Papley situations last season. So Josh won't request trade unless a good deal has already been arranged.
- We don't want picks as absorbed by NGA bid (Jamarra)
- Came about through contacting managers of targeted players and there was some interest from Josh's camp
- Rate it unlikely as Dogs adamant not happening.

bornadog
02-11-2020, 01:27 PM
Mitch Cleary and Brendon Goddard speaking about Dunkley this morning here https://media.whooshkaa.com/show/9121/episode/752587.mp3

It's a reasoned discussion. Summary

- From what Goddard knows it has legs, Josh has some issues with the club apparently (doesn't go into any detail so hard to know if true) and is receptive to a move.
- Players unlikely to go public now due to Daniher, Papley situations last season. So Josh won't request trade unless a good deal has already been arranged.
- We don't want picks as absorbed by NGA bid (Jamarra)
- Came about through contacting managers of targeted players and there was some interest from Josh's camp
- Rate it unlikely as Dogs adamant not happening.

Everyone has a theory.

jeemak
02-11-2020, 01:33 PM
I wonder where he's getting his inside information from...……….definitely wouldn't be the club he most recently played for.

Happy Days
02-11-2020, 01:53 PM
I wonder where he's getting his inside information from...……….definitely wouldn't be the club he most recently played for.

I listened to it and he was pretty balanced to be honest. They all laughed at the suggestion that the deal could be done for a single first and Goddard all but said his intel was coming from Essendon directly

Grantysghost
02-11-2020, 02:56 PM
I listened to it and he was pretty balanced to be honest. They all laughed at the suggestion that the deal could be done for a single first and Goddard all but said his intel was coming from Essendon directly

Yes agree HD, it was a pretty measured discussion.

Doc26
02-11-2020, 04:26 PM
*delete*

Doc26
02-11-2020, 04:28 PM
There seems to be quite a shift in the AFL media tone today from what has been previously been a fait accompli of Dunks moving to Essendon. Sounds like our stance of not moving on it is starting to hit the spot which is where we need it to be to see just how far the Bombers are prepared to go.

bornadog
02-11-2020, 04:28 PM
There seems to be quite a shift in the AFL media tone today from what has been previously been a fait accompli of Dunks moving to Essendon. Sounds like our stance of not moving on it is starting to hit the spot which is where we need it to be to see just how far the Bombers are prepared to go.

Most of the media are Essendon centric.

Doc26
02-11-2020, 04:31 PM

Yep plus a general mentality that the 'big' clubs have some right of passage over the lesser lights. We hold all the cards in this, and I hope we play it out all the way to our strength.

SquirrelGrip
02-11-2020, 05:39 PM

Isn’t there a post somewhere detailing who in the media goes for each team? It would be good to revisit it.

GVGjr
02-11-2020, 05:56 PM
Isn’t there a post somewhere detailing who in the media goes for each team? It would be good to revisit it.

I'm not sure but I think Mark Stevens supports us, I'm not sure that has been confirmed though. Twodogs may have mentioned it

comrade
02-11-2020, 05:57 PM
I'm not sure but I think Mark Stevens supports us, I'm not sure that has been confirmed though. Twodogs may have mentioned it

He does a good job of hiding it, Stevo. Very impartial, barely has a thing to say about the Dogs.

GVGjr
02-11-2020, 06:00 PM
He does a good job of hiding it, Stevo. Very impartial, barely has a thing to say about the Dogs.

Now that you mention it he does get a few exclusives for us.

Twodogs
02-11-2020, 06:07 PM
Yep plus a general mentality that the 'big' clubs have some right of passage over the lesser lights. We hold all the cards in this, and I hope we play it out all the way to our strength.

Contracts involve the law and the law is blind. It doesn't care about big clubs or little clubs.

Stevo is as fanatical a bulldog supporter as you and I. I've sat at the media table with him at the club's Season Launch a couple of times. He's a really nice guy.

bornadog
02-11-2020, 06:09 PM
Stevo is as fanatical a bulldog supporter as you and I. I've sat at the media table with him at the club's Season Launch a couple of times. He's a really nice guy.

I played Golf with him and Bob Murphy, and can confirm a nice bloke.

ledge
02-11-2020, 06:26 PM
Stevo loves his bulldogs , I’ve heard the journos accuse him of sleeping outside Whitten oval.
Nice bloke very approachable.

Scraggers
02-11-2020, 06:26 PM
Now that you mention it he does get a few exclusives for us.

A few exclusives for us or from us? :p

Vred
02-11-2020, 07:33 PM
Here's a hot take for you.

''So on fox trading John Ralph reckons pick 8 is enough for saad and pick 8 is overs for Dunkley, these guys have lost the plot, also Tom Morris reckons Dunkley wants to leave as there is a bad culture at the bulldogs and the players arnt professional but goes on to say he will not request a trade''

hujsh
02-11-2020, 07:47 PM
Here's a hot take for you.

''So on fox trading John Ralph reckons pick 8 is enough for saad and pick 8 is overs for Dunkley, these guys have lost the plot, also Tom Morris reckons Dunkley wants to leave as there is a bad culture at the bulldogs and the players arnt professional but goes on to say he will not request a trade''

I wonder if this is true. And if so who are the culprits?

Grantysghost
02-11-2020, 08:00 PM
Well that makes sense now. He wants to go where professionalism seeps out like Thymosin from a dodgy Dank clinic and players have physiques akin to Adonis himself!

https://i.postimg.cc/hG7B84KQ/Screenshot-20201102-190008-Chrome.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
02-11-2020, 08:23 PM
Can’t unsee that

azabob
02-11-2020, 08:37 PM
I think it’s likely Dunkley will be traded.

Trade period officially starts Wednesday 4th November and ends Thursday 12 November.

Surely a trade needs to be done by the weekend to allow us enough time to in-trade the picks we receive?

chef
02-11-2020, 08:40 PM
Whats a fair trade for Dunkley?

azabob
02-11-2020, 08:44 PM

No idea.

At least pick 6? The complicating issue is we don’t need a first round draft pick we need established players and in particular an elite key defender or established ruckman.

bornadog
02-11-2020, 08:48 PM

These guys really make up stuff don't they.

Vred
02-11-2020, 09:13 PM

Two first rounds, if you want to compare other trades like Dunkley.

Essendon don’t have any players we need, if we could do a three way swap for a needed position (ruck) I’d consider it, but seriously, don’t want to.

GVGjr
02-11-2020, 09:15 PM
The Trading Day show on Fox were very damning saying Dunkley isn't happy with the culture and the professionalism by some of the players at the club. He has apparently raised it with Bevo over the years.

jazzadogs
02-11-2020, 09:18 PM

As an outsider, I think you could look at some of our older and more experienced players (mostly traded in) and question how hard they might be working.

You could also look at the players who struggled for a game this year - Schache, Le Young, Trengove - and question how hard they were working on building their fitness.

I think we really miss a Cross/Boyd/Morris pacesetter in terms of work effort. Bont and Dunks are amongst many who we see on social media doing the work off-field, and we saw Baileys Smith and Williams improve based on their work effort. But is there that authoritative respected 'elder statesman' who sets the tone for the young boys? Is Easton that man? Is it up to Mitch and Libba?

I think it's almost definitely made up crap from the media, but it's not a long bow for them to be drawing.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
02-11-2020, 09:21 PM
The Trading Day show on Fox were very damning saying Dunkley isn't happy with the culture and the professionalism by some of the players at the club. He has apparently raised it with Bevo over the years.

If there is truth to this, then we do need significant change at the club.

GVGjr
02-11-2020, 09:31 PM
If there is truth to this, then we do need significant change at the club.

I think it's questions how we've handled things over the last 3 years and how effective our leadership has been
They implied that Dunkley is very professional and they said he was upset with the level of professionalism of some in the playing group and Ralph even used the term 'ratbags'.

Grantysghost
02-11-2020, 09:34 PM
It's interesting. I wonder why it's such a huge issue now and it wasn't a year ago in June when he re-signed. Hmm what's different. Couldn't be more money could it? I'm dubious about this. Are we suggesting Marcus as captain is OK with this purported behaviour?

GVGjr
02-11-2020, 09:39 PM
It's interesting. I wonder why it's such a huge issue now and it wasn't a year ago in June when he re-signed. Hmm what's different. Couldn't be more money could it? I'm dubious about this. Are we suggesting Marcus as captain is OK with this purported behaviour?

Perhaps he thought the issues would be addressed and they haven't been or perhaps being in a hub for months highlighted the issue more

Will be interesting to see how this plays out now

azabob
02-11-2020, 09:42 PM
Perhaps he thought the issues would be addressed and they haven't been or perhaps being in a hub for months highlighted the issue more

I said a bit earlier in this thread Dunkley will be traded. This was before reading the Fox footy comments.

If the comments are true it is really disappointing and perhaps our leadership outside of the playing group isn’t as strong as we think.l (Bevo, Baines, Gordon, Grant).

Grantysghost
02-11-2020, 09:47 PM

It's a good point re the hubs, they would really put relationships under the microscope.
I know it's all hearsay at the moment, but if any of this is true I'd be signing renowned over trainer B.Smith on a five year deal yesterday.

GVGjr
02-11-2020, 09:47 PM
I said a bit earlier in this thread Dunkley will be traded. This was before reading the Fox footy comments.

If the comments are true it is really disappointing and perhaps our leadership outside of the playing group isn’t as strong as we think.l (Bevo, Baines, Gordon, Grant).

I still don't think it will force a trade but if there is some merit in their comments it could be a catalyst of change that many of us feel is overdue. I'm not fazed by all this but if it opens up some honest communication that can't be a bad thing

Sedat
02-11-2020, 10:17 PM
Well that makes sense now. He wants to go where professionalism seeps out like Thymosin from a dodgy Dank clinic and players have physiques akin to Adonis himself!

https://i.postimg.cc/hG7B84KQ/Screenshot-20201102-190008-Chrome.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Stringer is the only person in the world who could star as both leads in that 1980's TV cop show 'Jake and the Fatman'

bulldogsthru&thru
02-11-2020, 10:22 PM
It’s been spoken about quite a bit but Dunks is best mates with our captain. Surely if there were work ethic issues the captain would be either having his own concerns or trying to address it.

GVGjr
02-11-2020, 10:26 PM
The trading day show highlighted 3 issues for Dunkley

1) A lack of midfield time
2) The Essendon offer is a good one
3) The professionalism of some in the group

Does the club now need to come out and address this?

bulldogsthru&thru
02-11-2020, 10:27 PM
Hmmmmm

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trades-2020-news-rumours-whispers-josh-dunkley-western-bulldogs-to-essendon-deal-draft-picks/news-story/58b084d7deec8eacfcfbac8dd8f34029?fbclid=IwAR13Fc2Sl5XdJ9WIYV hPsz9Rzb7ztFBo2tKERD6ESN7A5q0RWW5tjL3Xpc8

EasternWest
02-11-2020, 10:34 PM
Hmmmmm

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trades-2020-news-rumours-whispers-josh-dunkley-western-bulldogs-to-essendon-deal-draft-picks/news-story/58b084d7deec8eacfcfbac8dd8f34029?fbclid=IwAR13Fc2Sl5XdJ9WIYV hPsz9Rzb7ztFBo2tKERD6ESN7A5q0RWW5tjL3Xpc8

My gut reaction says "Libba", but given how good he was this year and how fit he looked I can't really reconcile that.

Who could it be then (if true, if course).

bulldogsthru&thru
02-11-2020, 10:35 PM
If any of this unrest is true you’d have to think Hunter given the other rumours circulating. That article seems suss though. Dunkley the rookie a few years ago was calling out unprofessional behaviour?

Like always the case the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. No doubt we have issues to address. We’ve been stagnant for too long. Like GVG said this could be a good thing as it’ll bring any issues to the surface and perhaps force things into action. This could be an interesting trade period.

Bulldog Joe
02-11-2020, 10:36 PM
I call this as garbage designed to unsettle the club.

These so called journalists can say anything and if the club comes out with a denial they just give it more air.

bulldogsthru&thru
02-11-2020, 10:36 PM

These so called journalists can say anything and if the club comes out with a denial they just give it more air.

Funny how this is only now coming out. Like they’ve gotten sick of saying the usual garbage of he doesn’t like playing ruck.

Grantysghost
02-11-2020, 10:37 PM
If that's true you'd imagine he may not be the most popular guy within the group. Maybe the teachers pet comments by his team mates were of a snide nature.
Where would this information come from? Pickering? Like others im not thinking this is a major concern for the club, doesn't mean it's not a major concern from Josh's perspective.

bornadog
02-11-2020, 10:47 PM
Hmmmmm

BS story made up by Morris - making a mountain out of a molehill.

My gut reaction says "Libba", but given how good he was this year and how fit he looked I can't really reconcile that.

Libba one of the best trainers at the club - from day one.

Agree, it is garbage. If Dunks had issues, he wouldn't have extended last year.

bornadog
02-11-2020, 10:49 PM
and don't forget this article:

https://www.exclusiveinsight.com/josh-dunkley-the-day-luke-beveridge-stayed-a-bulldog/

The Adelaide Connection
02-11-2020, 10:57 PM
I renew my call for a Twitter or whatever account that tracks all of the “leads” each journalist reports and then revisits them post-trade/draft.

While there is no accountability there will be endless sensationalist claims (some trawled up from forums). There are around the clock streams, radio etc with two trades going down a day- there was more meat on the bone in those gym mats they ground up in the school cafeteria on the Simpsons.

So what do people predict next in the Dunkley saga? Had a fallout with Bont? Wants captaincy? Floors aren’t spongey enough?

Twodogs
02-11-2020, 11:05 PM

Funny how this is only now coming out. Like they’ve gotten sick of saying the usual garbage of he doesn’t like playing ruck.

Yep. I'm very, very sceptical that stuff is being made up to fit the narrative of what some sewer rat journos want to be true. I'd be careful with what I believe before I start to speculate about problems in the playing group.

It's like their first few grenades didn't lob so they've moved onto the next thing.

1eyedog
02-11-2020, 11:13 PM
This is the most important thing written on the forum recently. It sums up all that has been wrong with the Dogs for years.

Why not???

Even after winning a premiership quality players don’t see going to the Dogs as a career move. Why is that?

Could it be watching the premiership group disintegrate, so many discarded or going to play elsewhere?

Could it be seeing those who did come to the club treated poorly or have terrible seasons?

Could it be a failed game strategy where they perceive pressure to do things differently?

The club must address the way they are viewed in the wider football community, then they might see a genuine way forward.

It's always been like this and is always the way for the smaller fan-based working class club. It's also what is great about us so it's a strange dichotomy.

Vred
02-11-2020, 11:15 PM
These journalists are so *!*!*!*!ing full of shit I don’t even know where to begin.

bornadog
02-11-2020, 11:21 PM
These journalists are so *!*!*!*!ing full of shit I don’t even know where to begin.

Just look at the shit written by Edmunds about Treloar - Bucks lost it.

soupman
02-11-2020, 11:48 PM

I don't know if he counts as a journalist but Tony Sheahan was a great example of this today.

He posted a tweet saying something along the lines of "Corr to North not done yet. He's considering other options and may end up elsewhere". Literally an hour before that tweet Corr himself was on SEN talking about how excited he was to be going to North and that he hadn't really considered any other clubs offers and couldn't wait to get started.

GVGjr
02-11-2020, 11:54 PM

Johnno plucked some names out, Libba was one of them

Interesting, first time reported like that, was thinking there had to be more to the story, who are the culprits though? Libba the obvious one, but has done super to get his body back? Can't think of anyone else obvious? Gowers? should be gone anyway

bulldogsthru&thru
03-11-2020, 12:23 AM
If Dunks is concerned about the work rate of guys like Libba then why in the world would he want to go to Essendon and be reunited with Stringer?

jeemak
03-11-2020, 12:31 AM

Absolutely. This is the last gasp.

ledge
03-11-2020, 12:42 AM
I watched the trade show on Fox for the first time tonight and they didn’t give one bit of information that was from any club, all
They do is sit around a table making up rumours then discuss it like it’s fact.

jeemak
03-11-2020, 12:46 AM
Here's something completely wild.

If Dunkley is in the leadership group and is worried about the culture of some players, what type of leader is he if his first reaction as a formalised leader is to cut and run?

Money and gifted list spots for family members aside, shouldn't it be up to him and the other playing leaders at the club to enforce standards? Isn't that what good leaders do? You know, bring players on the journey with them?

It's been really clear we lack solid on ground leadership, perhaps if Dunkley can't be bothered doing all he can to turn it around then he can bugger off and we can find a real leader who will.

Ghost Dog
03-11-2020, 12:59 AM
and don't forget this article:

https://www.exclusiveinsight.com/josh-dunkley-the-day-luke-beveridge-stayed-a-bulldog/

Ah well he's definitely going then.:D I remember being in Geelong when all these 'I love Thommo' Gablett articles started to come out. A few months later he was a wearing the Twisties colours. When players start idolising the coach too much something is up!

FrediKanoute
03-11-2020, 01:27 AM
As an outsider, I think you could look at some of our older and more experienced players (mostly traded in) and question how hard they might be working.

You could also look at the players who struggled for a game this year - Schache, Le Young, Trengove - and question how hard they were working on building their fitness.

I think we really miss a Cross/Boyd/Morris pacesetter in terms of work effort. Bont and Dunks are amongst many who we see on social media doing the work off-field, and we saw Baileys Smith and Williams improve based on their work effort. But is there that authoritative respected 'elder statesman' who sets the tone for the young boys? Is Easton that man? Is it up to Mitch and Libba?

I think it's almost definitely made up crap from the media, but it's not a long bow for them to be drawing.

Or you could look to your younger guys to set the pace. Dunks is 23. That is getting to middle age for a footballer. If he isn't capable of setting a tone then moving to another club isn't going to change that. Personally I think its crap....though yes there will be some guys who just try to coast on talent......you will get that everywhere and in every sport.

EasternWest
03-11-2020, 02:16 AM

If Dunkley is in the leadership group and is worried about the culture of some players, what type of leader is he if his first reaction as a formalised leader is to cut and run?

Money and gifted list spots for family members aside, shouldn't it be up to him and the other playing leaders at the club to enforce standards? Isn't that what good leaders do? You know, bring players on the journey with them?

It's been really clear we lack solid on ground leadership, perhaps if Dunkley can't be bothered doing all he can to turn it around then he can bugger off and we can find a real leader who will.

I think you're just covering your tracks.

GVGjr
03-11-2020, 03:35 AM

It's a combination of three things
1) Lack of midfield minutes
2) The Essendon offer is substantial
3) The lack of professionalism by some of his team mates (culture) that he has raised with Bevo over the last 2 or 3 years

Now if we assume that points one and two are plausible and perhaps that point three might have surfaced further during the hub then the onus should be on the club to address the challenges that have been raised

I don't think we should be questioning Dunks in this. Plenty of footballers have considered leaving a club for the chances of increased minutes in their favourite playing position, plenty of footballers have considered leaving their club for vastly more money and finally if he has been raising culture issues with the coach and club it's more than plausible to assume that with point one and two in place point three might be the tipping point

He hasn't actually requested a trade so given the media, not Dunks, have now questioned the culture publically I suspect the club needs to come out and address the questions about culture that have been raised.

We are either being set-up but Morris and Ralph in an irresponsible manner or there is a chance some of the points raised are a contributing to the speculation

We now need to come out and confirm that Dunkley isn't going anywhere and there are no questions on culture and professionalism at the club despite the position stated by at least two of the journos.

jeemak
03-11-2020, 07:06 AM
I don't doubt that some/ all of the points can/ should be considered plausible. I'm just saying that as a leader at the club he is actually responsible in some part for how the playing group carries itself and the standard it sets.

It's no secret that I believe a lot our on field malaise, particularly on game day, is due to the leadership within the playing group not being strong enough or quick enough to react and take control within games. There's only so much coaches can do to influence how things unfold in the heat of the moment.

So if I was a player (and this is easy for me to say from the cheap seats given I'm not) I'd be looking at myself and wondering what I could do to influence the actual things I can control. What I wouldn't do is accept the vice captaincy at the age of 23 and then give up on trying to turn "a few bad apples" or "ratbags" into something better.

Agreed on your additional commentary G. It's just that point three stands out to me, if true, as someone either searching for excuses to justify point two with point one being the cherry on top.

I mean really, what does it actually say about a player who wants to leave because of being asked to play a role by a coach he loves and can't stick it out to influence the playing group and mould it into the type of machine that top teams are made from? Neither of these things make sense and I think that while it may not be complete bullshit I don't think anything reported is enough to jar him loose.

If he's going, it's for the money.

ledge
03-11-2020, 07:45 AM
I don't doubt that some/ all of the points can/ should be considered plausible. I'm just saying that as a leader at the club he is actually responsible in some part for how the playing group carries itself and the standard it sets.

It's no secret that I believe a lot our on field malaise, particularly on game day, is due to the leadership within the playing group not being strong enough or quick enough to react and take control within games. There's only so much coaches can do to influence how things unfold in the heat of the moment.

So if I was a player (and this is easy for me to say from the cheap seats given I'm not) I'd be looking at myself and wondering what I could do to influence the actual things I can control. What I wouldn't do is accept the vice captaincy at the age of 23 and then give up on trying to turn "a few bad apples" or "ratbags" into something better.

Agreed on your additional commentary G. It's just that point three stands out to me, if true, as someone either searching for excuses to justify point two with point one being the cherry on top.

I mean really, what does it actually say about a player who wants to leave because of being asked to play a role by a coach he loves and can't stick it out to influence the playing group and mould it into the type of machine that top teams are made from? Neither of these things make sense and I think that while it may not be complete bullshit I don't think anything reported is enough to jar him loose.

And let’s remember if there is any culture problem wouldnt the bombers be the worst club to go to?
So why haven’t the journos questioned that point Oh that’s right they are all bombers supporters , they will by pass that because it makes that part of the story false.

The Underdog
03-11-2020, 08:08 AM

Good points. I think the issue is that if you come through underneath more senior players then it can potentially be difficult to break that culture. If as supposed that Hunter and Libba (although I’m not convinced it’s these 2), are part of that ratbag group then there can be a schism there. You may end up with the players who want to follow you and others who get attracted to the easier/more fun option. That might be poor for their careers and the team but you don’t always see that in real time. While I agree that Dunkley may be partially using point 3 to justify points 1 & 2, a lot of this rings true to me, given what we’ve seen on and off the field the last few years.
I hope we can hold onto him and hope we can sort out the problems internally, whatever they are, because it feel like we might be about to waste a pretty talented generation of Bulldogs.

jeemak
03-11-2020, 09:04 AM
What if he's a cocky AF person who can't relate to people and thinks he's hot shit because he won a flag at the age of 19, and has no idea what it's like, at the age of 23, to actually live in a world beyond footy and a lack of instant flags?

GVGjr
03-11-2020, 09:21 AM
What if he's a cocky AF person who can't relate to people and thinks he's hot shit because he won a flag at the age of 19, and has no idea what it's like, at the age of 23, to actually live in a world beyond footy and a lack of instant flags?

He's not that way :)

Grantysghost
03-11-2020, 09:34 AM

He seems like a decent guy from the outside, and I can't help drawing parallels (if point 3 is to be considered) with Roughead. Theres one statement Jordan made that always bothered me.
"I still had the belief. I still believed in myself and my ability. I knew that with players and coaches around me that believed in me then I would be able to get out there and play some good footy."

Players that believed in me? What's he saying with that.....?

I believe the money is the motivator for Dunks' head being turned, however I draw some parallels here considering I think they are similar good quality people.

1eyedog
03-11-2020, 09:49 AM

Agreed. It's simply an offer too good to refuse. I'd also think his Dad would be backing a move if it meant Josh gets a bigger payday.

Bulldog4life
03-11-2020, 09:55 AM

I agree. When a Tom Morris story is involved I always have my BS alarm going off. He is a shocking reporter.

Topdog
03-11-2020, 09:57 AM
If professionalism is a problem at the club then it's something the captain and vice captain should be addressing. So if true he has called himself and Bont out as poor leaders.

If he is worried about professionalism he isn't choosing Essendon as his club of choice.

You can make an argument about points 1&2 that GVG called out earlier but point 3 doesn't pass the pub test

GVGjr
03-11-2020, 10:35 AM
He seems like a decent guy from the outside, and I can't help drawing parallels (if point 3 is to be considered) with Roughead. Theres one statement Jordan made that always bothered me.
"I still had the belief. I still believed in myself and my ability. I knew that with players and coaches around me that believed in me then I would be able to get out there and play some good footy."

Players that believed in me? What's he saying with that.....?

I believe the money is the motivator for Dunks' head being turned, however I draw some parallels here considering I think they are similar good quality people.

Thanks for that GG, just based on the season you would have to think there is some questions if the coaching team has lost some faith in him as a preferred midfielder because there was a significant reduction in his midfield time.

On top of that Essendon have weighed in with a substantial offer.

Although he hasn't actually requested a trade I can see why he his head might have been turned

bornadog
03-11-2020, 10:43 AM
Agreed. It's simply an offer too good to refuse. I'd also think his Dad would be backing a move if it meant Josh gets a bigger payday.

This is exactly what is happening, and most likely his Dad is in his ear saying, these opportunities don't come too many times in your career. All the other stuff is most likely based on some stupid little incident, then blown up by weak reporters who think they can get the big scoop.

The Pie Man
03-11-2020, 10:52 AM
This is exactly what is happening, and most likely his Dad is in his ear saying, these opportunities don't come too many times in your career. All the other stuff is most likely based on some stupid little incident, then blown up by weak reporters who think they can get the big scoop.

I’d rather not stick my head in the sand on these issues, but Dunks briefing reporters is also very poor.

Starting to think we cut our losses here, and some of his concerns around role (specifically midfield minutes) are founded.

Surprised we haven’t heard AMT’s name thrown around in the media given our interest 12 months ago - he’d be ideal!

GVGjr
03-11-2020, 11:10 AM

I'm not sure you can speculate on what his father might be saying and then in the same breath keep running with the 'fake news' on everything in the negative said about our players or the club.
We've had a opportunity to come out and address the speculation and I think we now need to do that.
If Ralph and Morris are bending the facts to create a story it won't be hard for the club to set the record straight.

We just need to do the Michelle from Allo Allo and say "Listen very carefully, I shall say zis only once" "We will not entertain any offers for Josh Dunkley and we absolutely refute the acquisitions made Tom Morris and Jon Ralph about the culture of our club"

One emphatic statement stops all this in it's tracks.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
03-11-2020, 11:16 AM
I'm not sure you can speculate on what his father might be saying and then in the same breath keep running with the 'fake news' on everything in the negative said about our players or the club.
We've had a opportunity to come out and address the speculation and I think we now need to do that.
If Ralph and Morris are bending the facts to create a story it won't be hard for the club to set the record straight.

We just need to do the Michelle from Allo Allo and say "Listen very carefully, I shall say zis only once" "We will not entertain any offers for Josh Dunkley and we absolutely refute the acquisitions made Tom Morris and Jon Ralph about the culture of our club"

And that is precisely what the club MUST do today, if there isn't any truth to this.
It's all fine to keep cards close to the chest, but something like this has the potential to impact membership and support.
I want my club to get out on the front foot and address this publicly TODAY.

bornadog
03-11-2020, 11:19 AM
but Dunks briefing reporters is also very poor.

When did he do that?

KT31
03-11-2020, 11:44 AM

I do share your concerns azabob,
but I do take solace in if indeed the comments were true, Dunkley would be trying to sign with any other club bar Essendon.

azabob
03-11-2020, 11:53 AM
Good points. I think the issue is that if you come through underneath more senior players then it can potentially be difficult to break that culture. If as supposed that Hunter and Libba (although I’m not convinced it’s these 2), are part of that ratbag group then there can be a schism there. You may end up with the players who want to follow you and others who get attracted to the easier/more fun option. That might be poor for their careers and the team but you don’t always see that in real time. While I agree that Dunkley may be partially using point 3 to justify points 1 & 2, a lot of this rings true to me, given what we’ve seen on and off the field the last few years.
I hope we can hold onto him and hope we can sort out the problems internally, whatever they are, because it feel like we might be about to waste a pretty talented generation of Bulldogs.

Reality is we already are wasting our current generational talent.

jazzadogs
03-11-2020, 12:13 PM
Reality is we already are wasting our current generational talent.

We won a flag in 2016 with this 'generational talent'. It is now 4 years on. The average age of the players who played in that flag, still on the list, is 25.6 (indicating that, on average, they have at least 5 or 6 years left in their careers).

Let's compare that to the Hawks of 2008. When they made their next Grand Final in 2011, they only had 8 of their premiership players still in the side (with a mixture of retirements, players not developing and trades). This included Hodge, Mitchell and Sewell 28+ and key trades Gibson, Burgoyne and Hale (all 28+). They had drafted well to fill out the remainder of their side, but their 'generational talent' of Hodge and Mitchell didn't play in their second premiership until they were nearing 30.

This generation is not wasted, or gone. We have a good core of 24-28yo, some exciting youth, and some targeted trading of older players. Converting that to results is definitely the challenge, and one premiership is not enough, but I struggle to say it is 'wasted' at the moment. Most of this generation are not even halfway through their careers.

azabob
03-11-2020, 12:30 PM
We won a flag in 2016 with this 'generational talent'. It is now 4 years on. The average age of the players who played in that flag, still on the list, is 25.6 (indicating that, on average, they have at least 5 or 6 years left in their careers).

Let's compare that to the Hawks of 2008. When they made their next Grand Final in 2011, they only had 8 of their premiership players still in the side (with a mixture of retirements, players not developing and trades). This included Hodge, Mitchell and Sewell 28+ and key trades Gibson, Burgoyne and Hale (all 28+). They had drafted well to fill out the remainder of their side, but their 'generational talent' of Hodge and Mitchell didn't play in their second premiership until they were nearing 30.

This generation is not wasted, or gone. We have a good core of 24-28yo, some exciting youth, and some targeted trading of older players. Converting that to results is definitely the challenge, and one premiership is not enough, but I struggle to say it is 'wasted' at the moment. Most of this generation are not even halfway through their careers.

I didn't say wasted, I said wasting.

My concern is I haven't seen any signs that we are on the right track converting the talents into more premierships.

At the end of 2017 it was said we needed to clear out players who were not toeing the company line such as Stringer and Dahlhaus. Now rumours (made up or not) are now circulating that we may still have disruptive players in the group.

I go back to my earlier post are our off filed leaders strong enough to pull players into line when needed?

Hopefully as GVGjr said this will lead to more honest and robust conversations.

Finishing 7-10th is no man's land in footy.

G-Mo77
03-11-2020, 12:49 PM
And that is precisely what the club MUST do today, if there isn't any truth to this.
It's all fine to keep cards close to the chest, but something like this has the potential to impact membership and support.
I want my club to get out on the front foot and address this publicly TODAY.

We won't though. As a supporter that disappoints me because not only does that create doubt in mine and other supporters minds it also creates a stigma at the club even if it's completely fabricated. We won't say a thing until the trade period opens and that's fine behind the internal walls, outside of that it's pretty hazy.

Happy Days
03-11-2020, 01:07 PM
So he’s re-signed in 2019 and now is apparently pissed at “members of the playing group” for poor professional and training standards.

I wonder if these “members” were not in the playing group in 2019 but were in 2020. Absolutely racking my brain to think who we possibly could have added in 2020 that would not give their all on the track though.

DOG GOD
03-11-2020, 01:10 PM
So he’s re-signed in 2019 and now is apparently pissed at “members of the playing group” for poor professional and training standards.

I wonder if these “members” were not in the playing group in 2019 but were in 2020. Absolutely racking my brain to think who we possibly could have added in 2020 that would not give their all on the track though.

Bruce ?
Keath ?

Happy Days
03-11-2020, 01:12 PM
Bruce ?
Keath ?

Only one of these guys showed up after the season stoppage looking like an actual lead balloon.

ledge
03-11-2020, 01:15 PM

We just need to do the Michelle from Allo Allo "Listen very carefully, I shall say zis only once" "We will not entertain any offers for Josh Dunkley and we absolutely refute the acquisitions made Tom Morris and Jon Ralph about the culture of our club"

Be better if Josh said it

bulldogsthru&thru
03-11-2020, 01:17 PM
We won't though. As a supporter that disappoints me because not only does that create doubt in mine and other supporters minds it also creates a stigma at the club even if it's completely fabricated. We won't say a thing until the trade period opens and that's fine behind the internal walls, outside of that it's pretty hazy.

I mean I know it can be a good thing to keep things quiet and internal but at what point does not saying anything about anything lead us to becoming irrelevant simply because no one even thinks about us?

comrade
03-11-2020, 01:36 PM

Maybe the same person who was supposed to film the scratch matches and give the fans some sort of insight into the players not getting a game was also supposed to put out a public statement on Dunkley?

Keeping fans informed is clearly for other clubs to focus on, not the Bulldogs.

Twodogs
03-11-2020, 01:47 PM
We've already said twice that we aren't trading Dunkley. Baines said it at the outset and Ralph wrote an article that said he'd been in touch with the club and we said that the trade wasn't happening.

Jeanette54
03-11-2020, 01:58 PM
I so want this rubbish to just go away. And I so want Josh to remain a Bulldog.

Why doesn't the club make a statement regarding some of the crap that these "journalists" are reporting, and take the heat out of the issue. The other day I answered a poll regarding whether, as a supporter, we are committed to supporting our club (financially) by renewing our membership for next year. Bearing in mind the shemozzle that this year became. Of course I answered yes, unequivocally. However the lack of response from the club indicates that they are do not understand the harm that these sort of rumours inflict on us supporters.

For goodness sake, say something. This is one of the reasons we are not a destination club, for both players and supporters.

comrade
03-11-2020, 02:11 PM
We've already said twice that we aren't trading Dunkley. Baines said it at the outset and Ralph wrote an article that said he'd been in touch with the club and we said that the trade wasn't happening.

We haven't said anything publicly about our culture being questioned.

Rocket Science
03-11-2020, 02:18 PM
We haven't said anything publicly about our culture being questioned.

As an aside, do we know who Dunkley's agent is?

Because this greasy psy-ops shit designed to make clubs blink is just *chef's kiss*.

GVGjr
03-11-2020, 02:27 PM
As an aside, do we know who Dunkley's agent is?

Because this greasy psy-ops shit designed to make clubs blink is just *chef's kiss*.

Liam Pickering

The Pie Man
03-11-2020, 02:29 PM
When did he do that?

How are his alleged views getting out?

Doc26
03-11-2020, 02:34 PM
We just need to bide our time through the next 1.5 weeks. This is all posturing on the other side to create a wedge.
Essendon have recent experience with us in knowing that a division between player and Club will lower the said player’s value. And all this from a Club that has the worst culture of any with so many of their players wanting out. If this was simply about culture for Josh does anyone believe that he would be choosing Essendon where it’s highly probable that their coach won’t see out the next 12 months, and players such as Merrett likely to exit next year.

The only thing we need to say is that we value Josh highly and will not be entertaining a trade. We just need to continue to dial up the heat on Essendon and indeed Pickering by not buying into the white noise.

There will be plenty of time after the end of trade period to address any mis-truths during this time. Hey a signature from the Bont would put this to bed quickly.

bornadog
03-11-2020, 02:40 PM

I doubt he has spoken to a journo, knowing what I know about him. He is a model citizen and club man.

Grantysghost
03-11-2020, 02:46 PM

Manager I'd say, disruption is their method of operation.

Rocket Science
03-11-2020, 03:31 PM
Liam Pickering

Ahhhhh, of course. That computes ...

The Pie Man
03-11-2020, 03:44 PM
Manager I'd say, disruption is their method of operation.

If someone who is a ‘model citizen’ confides in their manager, how would they feel if their confidence is betrayed in such a way?

I can guess that permission to leak this was sought and given, or surely the manager would be jeopardising his relationship with their client & risk poor word of mouth spreading through the industry.

Grantysghost
03-11-2020, 03:45 PM
If someone who is a ‘model citizen’ confides in their manager, how would they feel if their confidence is betrayed in such a way?

I can guess that permission to leak this was sought and given, or surely the manager would be jeopardising his relationship with their client & risk poor word of mouth spreading through the industry.

Can't argue with that.

Bulldog Joe
03-11-2020, 04:30 PM

You have to concede that it might also be completely fabricated.

The Pie Man
03-11-2020, 04:57 PM
You have to concede that it might also be completely fabricated.

It might be...media or manager?

bornadog
03-11-2020, 05:38 PM
It might be...media or manager?

Media because they are totally unaccountable.

AshMac
03-11-2020, 07:27 PM
I generally find where there is smoke there is fire, highly likely lots of the rumours have an element of truth and are then blown out to click bait headlines so people will pay attention when there is really nothing to say.

As for a trade - this BS being touted about a first round pick is irrelevant this year. Any other year Dunks is probably worth a pick 7, but it isn’t any other year.

Unless we can package pick 7,8 & 12 for pick 1 then I’m not interested in picks at all. And honestly, unless it’s a Riley O’Brien or that I’ll in a highly needed position, not too interested in a player.

The onus should be on Essendon to make this deal work, in honesty it sounds like the media is doing dodo’s role for him - but again, slow footy news week. We need to play it calm, stand our ground and push all the responsibility to make this deal work onto the bombers. The club can do this from the background for all I care, as long as we do not end up caving. A comment to the media about how ludicrous some of the rumours are wouldn’t go astray.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
03-11-2020, 07:33 PM
He is going to speak on 7 soon

azabob
03-11-2020, 07:46 PM
He is going to speak on 7 soon

Did Dunkley play a straight bat?

KT31
03-11-2020, 07:52 PM

Said a lot by saying nothing.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
Yes he didn’t say anything definite Tom Browne was filling in the gaps

bulldogsthru&thru

Yep. He’s clearly considering leaving though. But he played a very straight bat.

Also said no problems at the dogs but you’d expect that no matter the situation.

The Underdog
03-11-2020, 07:53 PM
Yep. He’s clearly considering leaving though. But he played a very straight bat.

Also said no problems at the dogs but you’d expect that no matter the situation.

Wasn’t very reassuring for Dogs fans, that’s for sure.

bulldogsthru&thru
03-11-2020, 07:54 PM
Oh and Tom Browne said he’s "1000% committed to joining the bombers"

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
03-11-2020, 07:54 PM
Sounds like he had an opportunity to kbock this on the head and didnt?
If that's the case, see ya Dunks.

The Doctor
03-11-2020, 07:55 PM
Had a chance to say "I'm staying" but didn't. The vibe I got was he's willing to go if a deal can be done that benefits all parties.

GVGjr
Well, that isn't promising

bulldogsthru&thru
Wasn’t very reassuring for Dogs fans, that’s for sure.

Not at all. My take is that he definitely wants to go judging by what he said.

The Underdog
03-11-2020, 07:56 PM

Didn’t in any way knock it on the head. I’d say from that, all of the stories about him wanting out are real.

KT31
03-11-2020, 07:57 PM
That’s the way I read it.
Dunks did say there’s a fair bit to work out in the next few days.
If he was staying there would be nothing to work out.

ledge
03-11-2020, 07:57 PM
Thing is the club would have approved the interview .. interesting.

Axe Man
03-11-2020, 07:58 PM
He absolutely wants to leave from what he said at the airport. It’s just whether we let him or not. I can’t for the life of me understand why. For maybe $200k for 2 years. Very disappointed in Dunks

The Underdog
Thing is the club would have approved the interview .. interesting.

It was an airport doorstop. Can’t imagine the club were involved.

ledge
That’s the way I read it.
Dunks did say there’s a fair bit to work out in the next few days.
If he was staying there would be nothing to work out.

Could be a lengthening of contract.

ledge
03-11-2020, 07:59 PM

Oh ok I didn’t see it.
Might be why he said nothing.

The Underdog
03-11-2020, 08:00 PM
He absolutely wants to leave from what he said at the airport. It’s just whether we let him or not. I can’t for the life of me understand why. For maybe $200k for 2 years. Very disappointed in Dunks

It’s only Essendon’s ability to mess up all of the deals they have going that give me hope.

bulldogsthru&thru
I’d say he goes if we can be more than adequately compensated.

End of the day he wants to bail so we need to do our best to get the best deal. Not ideal having a player on the list who wants to be elsewhere. See ya Jo$h.

The Underdog
Oh ok I didn’t see it.
Might be why he said nothing.

Said nothing, but said plenty

kruder
03-11-2020, 08:01 PM
Yep Dunks want's out there is no doubt about it.

bulldogsthru&thru
03-11-2020, 08:04 PM
Stevo right after the interview comes out and says both dogs and Dunkley very unhappy with the suggestions of culture problems. So as expected this is purely $$$$ driven.

You know what, I’m more than happy to hold Dunkley to his contract and simply not play him for two years. Message needs to be sent.

Happy Days
03-11-2020, 08:04 PM
First and Draper or we riot.

bulldogsthru&thru
03-11-2020, 08:07 PM
So what is everyone’s preference here?

1) Dunks isn’t worth what Essendon are offering so let him go for suitable compensation
2) Dunks is worth too much to us. Offer him the $$$ he wants so he stays.

azabob
03-11-2020, 08:07 PM
Just saw the clip. Dunkley wants out, not a shadow of a doubt.

Clearly Baines new of the request a week or two back and we have shut up shop since.

josie
03-11-2020, 08:08 PM
Power needs to stand firm. I think he will.

Bombers need to cough up big time or no deal.

Two top 10 draft picks of which we can turn one into 2021 picks or into a very good proven player this year or into 2 good proven players in position of need.

Otherwise Dunkley is required to honour his contract. If it is the latter I fully expect him to put in a stellar year so we can gain a lot from a trade next year, or he decides to stay.

Also think there needs to be a review of our coaching, puzzling match day selections, lack of respect for ruck position and our tendency to keep players on list for too long. Perhaps this is the catalyst for such a review.

GVGjr
03-11-2020, 08:11 PM

You would have to think the club would have contracted him and mentioned the media could be there

Happy Days
03-11-2020, 08:11 PM
Anyone else think Baines is kinda bad?

azabob
03-11-2020, 08:12 PM
You would have to think the club would have contracted him and mentioned the media could be there

Or Pickering.

azabob
03-11-2020, 08:13 PM

Josh Bruce

Axe Man
03-11-2020, 08:17 PM

Based on?

Happy Days
03-11-2020, 08:20 PM
Based on?

He’s botched this, he’s probably headhunted Bruce, and his trade record at the Saints is woeful.

I mean I’m just talking here but want to know if I’m crazy.

Go_Dogs
03-11-2020, 08:21 PM
I wonder if it’s posturing to get more years + $s with us? Didn’t see it but wouldn’t be the first time something like that has happened in professional sport and certainly won’t be the last. Maybe that’s what is being worked out over the next few days.

josie
03-11-2020, 08:25 PM
Just watched the snippets of the airport interview. For those if you they have not seen them.....

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/josh-dunkley-breaks-silence-on-essendon-trade-talks-c-1511521

I agree with those that have interpreted it as he wants to go to Bummers.

Head scratcher he’d want to go them.

If he wants extension of contract on bigger $ not sure he’d answer Q’s the way he has.

whythelongface
03-11-2020, 08:27 PM
So what is everyone’s preference here?

1) Dunks isn’t worth what Essendon are offering so let him go for suitable compensation
2) Dunks is worth too much to us. Offer him the $$$ he wants so he stays.

Interesting conundrum. Kinda sucks but we need to make this benefit us. Is Dunkley a required player? Yes, however in saying that we have others in the midfield that can play a similar role. We need to focus on our weaknesses and somehow draft in a key defender, ruck/ forward or a speedy midfielder at the very least with a future round 1 draft pick.

The worst part of this is that a key player wants away from a club. The main reason has to be the coin $200k pa is significant and will set him up after football. Is this the only reason he is leaving? Probably the main but not the only. We need to understand what some of the other issues are address them pronto. FThis gives us a chance to review a number of aspects of the football club incl coaching, player development, football department, leadership and most importantly team selection.

Go_Dogs
03-11-2020, 08:31 PM
Just watched. Hard to say when half the questions have been cut. I’m not convinced he’s leaving.

dog town
03-11-2020, 08:32 PM
Have to read it that it is too good a deal to refuse from the bombers. Doesn’t appear to be any issue with the club.

It’s a tricky one for us because he is one of our few mids with any flexibility, numbers may have dropped but importance didn’t. Beveridge used him as he should have in my view with the players we had at our disposal. Having said that going forward you could make a case for him to really own the midfield with an injury free run.

Something needs to change in that midfield mix and maybe it’s Bont going forward more but we can only do this if we have Dunkley. I would suggest we hold firm unless we get exactly what we want.

Axe Man
03-11-2020, 08:34 PM
He’s botched this, he’s probably headhunted Bruce, and his trade record at the Saints is woeful.

I mean I’m just talking here but want to know if I’m crazy.

I don’t follow. Surely this can only be judged at the end, nothing has actually happened yet other than us saying we won’t trade him. What else can he do?

Not sure we can pin Bruce’s complete loss of form on him. We also don’t know how much he even had to do with his recruitment.

I’ve got no idea if he’s good, bad or otherwise at his job but nothing he’s done to date causes me to doubt him.

Grantysghost
03-11-2020, 08:34 PM
That doesnt change my thoughts on anything. It was clear he was interested otherwise he wouldve quashed it quickly a week ago.
We get a good deal or he stays. Future first and Tippa.

chef
03-11-2020, 08:40 PM
Seeya Josh.

Happy Days
03-11-2020, 08:44 PM
Dunkley for Merrett *!*!*!*! it. We play a game tomorrow and Merrett is probably a better player.

The Underdog
03-11-2020, 08:50 PM

I think they would have likely, but I’m not sure they would have had much control over the message.

GVGjr
03-11-2020, 08:56 PM
Just watched. Hard to say when half the questions have been cut. I’m not convinced he’s leaving.

Same here, we will at least have a discussion over money with him

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
03-11-2020, 08:56 PM
Dunkley for Merrett *!*!*!*! it. We play a game tomorrow and Merrett is probably a better player.

I will be really disappointed if we let Dunkley go for anything less than an outcome that significantly improves our club and our prospects.

Dunkley is a leader, young and only coming into his prime years and contracted for 2 more years.

My fundamental position is piss off Essendon, and anyone else who thinks they can snatch long term signed players.

Short of a once in a lifetime offer, Essendon should be told to 'jog on'.

Grantysghost
03-11-2020, 09:04 PM
I will be really disappointed if we let Dunkley go for anything less than an outcome that significantly improves our club and our prospects.

Dunkley is a leader, young and only coming into his prime years and contracted for 2 more years.

My fundamental position is piss off Essendon, and anyone else who thinks they can snatch long term signed players.

Short of a once in a lifetime offer, Essendon should be told to 'jog on'.

My position exactly. Otherwise how long before WA teams throw the bank at English and Naughton, Hawks go for Smith. It's a line in the sand moment. One year left on the contract I'm more amenable, two... The audacity of this raid is infuriating.

Rocco Jones
03-11-2020, 09:11 PM
I think he is having a bit each way.

If Dogs let him go, awesome $$ and security.

If not, he hasn't burnt too many bridges.

G-Mo77
03-11-2020, 09:25 PM
*!*!*!*! off then Dunkley!

GVGjr
03-11-2020, 09:30 PM
*!*!*!*! off then Dunkley!

While we didn't get the emphatic endorsement we were hoping for it's early days as far as I'm concerned. For what it's worth I don't think we should shut the door on him yet

jeemak
03-11-2020, 09:37 PM
Tom Browne is such a weasel. I reserve weasel for particularly special cases, and that's exactly what he is.

Topdog
03-11-2020, 09:41 PM
I think he is having a bit each way.

If Dogs let him go, awesome $$ and security.

If not, he hasn't burnt too many bridges.

Yep that is how i see it too. Nothing wrong with that interview, surprised how doom and gloom it all is in here from that interview

Topdog
03-11-2020, 09:42 PM
Also Brad Crouch is someone that wants to leave his club. That's how a player talks when they really don't want to stay

Topdog
03-11-2020, 09:43 PM
2 year contract, we can keep him easily and if he still wants out next year trade him. He is a professional guy and will still give his best

azabob
03-11-2020, 09:52 PM
Tom Browne is such a weasel. I reserve weasel for particularly special cases, and that's exactly what he is.

As a commercial guru of the world where do you see this ending?

At the start I thought we’d extend & renegotiate his contract and give him a small pay bump.

I still hope this is the case but I’m not so sure.

bornadog
03-11-2020, 10:00 PM
Money talks.

G-Mo77
03-11-2020, 10:11 PM
While we didn't get the emphatic endorsement we were hoping for it's early days as far as I'm concerned. For what it's worth I don't think we should shut the door on him yet

He's gone. He'd have known everything that had been said and could have just squashed it right there. Especially the stuff about culture issues. Instead we get we'll see how it works out? Want more money and play for Essendon? Good riddance! I hope we don't cave to demands and pay him more and if the deal isn't right then hold him to what he signed and piss him off next season

Rocket Science
03-11-2020, 10:13 PM
Well that removes a bit of the fog at least.

We're not having this consternation if Dodo doesn't put the bait on the plate. Presented with a treasure chest compared to what he's on suddenly there's "a bit to work through" from Josh's camp with the litany of drip fed reasoning and mind games that ensue. Onya Pickers.

He doesn't want 'out' so much as to capitalise on this opportunity. If that means we buckle and renegotiate terms to his liking Josh hangs around with no issue.

But the club's likely thinking, we want you mate, but if you're going to pull this shit and they're willing to give us what we want, well see-ya, go have fun. But Dodo being Dodo means it's tooth and nail, the prick.

Culture my arse. This is plainly about $$$, pure and simple, and Dodo's found a willing dance partner.

Part of me wants to let Dunks go and rot with Jakey and the crew at Windy Hill, but an even bigger part hopes Power has other irons in the fire and recognises we have the whip hand here.

Sedat
03-11-2020, 10:15 PM
I'm not convinced he's leaving but I'm 100% convinced he is seriously considering it. And that is a terrible look for the club.

Unless we get an outstanding result in the trade, I'd much rather we hold him and get a fantastic season out of him next year. He won't regress on his 2020 output so will be worth just as much if not more in a trade next year. Alternatively he will tear it up in 2021 and dedicate himself to the Dogs long term like Papley, O'Keefe and numerous others have done in the past.

jeemak
03-11-2020, 10:24 PM
As a commercial guru of the world where do you see this ending?

At the start I thought we’d extend & renegotiate his contract and give him a small pay bump.

I still hope this is the case but I’m not so sure.

Bahahahahaha!

I honestly don't know, it's really difficult to tell what EFC can offer us.

I'm probably with you on your original assessment, with the pay bump possibly a bit bigger than you're suggesting.

From the interview I got the impression he's well and truly up to his armpits in both sides, not one or the other.

Go_Dogs
03-11-2020, 10:45 PM
I'm not convinced he's leaving but I'm 100% convinced he is seriously considering it. And that is a terrible look for the club.

Unless we get an outstanding result in the trade, I'd much rather we hold him and get a fantastic season out of him next year. He won't regress on his 2020 output so will be worth just as much if not more in a trade next year. Alternatively he will tear it up in 2021 and dedicate himself to the Dogs long term like Papley, O'Keefe and numerous others have done in the past.

Can’t argue with any of that. Pragmatic position and we’re a pragmatic club. We give ourselves a really good chance to tie him down for the long term now (let’s renegotiate) or at least, another year to prove why he should do that post season 2021. We can’t really lose from this position.

The Bulldogs Bite
03-11-2020, 10:52 PM
Still a simple equation for us - only trade him for rich compensation otherwise he stays.

What's compensation? Two first round picks, one of which we flip for Treloar and the other a 2021 first round? First round pick and a player?

The Adelaide Connection
03-11-2020, 10:59 PM
What we have here is an opportunity. An opportunity to royally troll Essendon for all of trade week. Then say no.

I think we have to be resolute in putting Dunkley off-limits this year. If we are going to entertain it, we do it next year.

No matter the haul we get offered, the narrative will be that the Bombers got their man and that they have won the trade. We come out as the loser and however untrue it will be claimed that the calls around our culture were correct. It also invites other clubs to come gunning for our contracted players. We have to show them that we will not accept this. Don't let them sense cracks in our foundation.

I think there is a huge risk of potential damage to our brand. What's worse than a club that is already not a destination club?

Next year we can also be more open to draft picks without the likelihood of them being swallowed up. Next year we will have West, Garcia, Lipinski a year further down their development paths.

I say no deal.

AshMac
03-11-2020, 11:13 PM
There is no way you can read he is absolutely leaving from that clip. Was a nothing interview.

Tim Watsons goofy face and weasely little smile were the worst part.

There isn’t a person on this forum that wouldn’t “consider” switching jobs for an extra 100-200k a year, I begrudge him nothing for keeping his options open.

We hold all the leverage here just need to use it. Power a smart man, I have faith on this one.

Hotdog60
03-11-2020, 11:42 PM
I'm also in the boat that the clip looks edited to suit the media narrative.
I'll wait and see but I think he is staying.

bornadog
03-11-2020, 11:51 PM
I'm also in the boat that the clip looks edited to suit the media narrative.
I'll wait and see but I think he is staying.

It was edited alright, but he didn't say, no truth in the rumour I am staying a Dog. Unless he is leveraging for a pay increase with us.

Hotdog60
04-11-2020, 12:05 AM
He could have said I'm happy where I am and they cut it out because it a better story. :)

Twodogs
04-11-2020, 12:19 AM
The interview was a nothing burger trotted out by a player who obviously took the media training components of his job seriously and paid full attention to what the trainer was saying. He didn't say anything that can't be retracted or read in several ways. In fact he really didn't say anything. He can't really say anything until he's debriefed with Sam Power in case he inadvertently throws the spanner in the tools of a deal that Power has going. The trade period has a million moving parts that change from minute to minute. It really is like playing eighteen games of four dimensional chess at the same time. The club's position on Josh might be a lot different in a fortnight than it s now and it's not necessarily Essendon that makes us change our mind.

Nobody could watch it and definitively say "he's going" or "he's staying". If he stays he's burnt no bridges at the club. Alternatively if he goes (now or in the future-everyone thinks this is about the next fortnight but it's not. It's about next year and the year after that. It's also about when Josh becomes a D/FA. That might play on whether he signs an extended deal with us) then he didn't say he was going and put himself or either club in a difficult situation. Josh obviously understands that there will be a trade period next year and the year after that. Maybe next year he will have a stronger hand. Maybe he wil be recovering from an ACL or ankylosing spondylitis in his foot and be relieved to have the security of being contracted for another year so he's got the time to sort it out.

In one way this is the trickiest trade scenario the club has faced and there's a lot to play out but I'm still fairly confident that Josh will stay (for at least next year anyway) and depending on his FA status I'm not sure we/he will have to or want to renegotiate his contract. That is unless the club gets an offer that we'd be silly not to look at. And we have to do due diligence with every offer we are made.

hujsh
04-11-2020, 12:22 AM
Yep that is how i see it too. Nothing wrong with that interview, surprised how doom and gloom it all is in here from that interview

That's the current WOOF tone of the season on most topics. I doubt it'll change much given rising frustrations unless trade week goes great.

FrediKanoute
04-11-2020, 01:22 AM

Same. Like anyone in any profession, you are always open to offers. Doesn't mean you will go though!

whythelongface
04-11-2020, 08:17 AM
Same. Like anyone in any profession, you are always open to offers. Doesn't mean you will go though!

Exactly and just because you review offers doesn’t mean you are unhappy in your current environment. Naturally as humans you need to look at all opportunities given these don’t come along often. It is a big decision for the lad and he is probably feeling the pressure to make a decision. He will have various people in his ear, particularly his Manager, telling him to take the money. That may seem easy but he also needs to weigh up the fact he is going to an unknown, a completely new environment, where the culture is different.

The media are making this out to be much bigger than it is. Given there is not much else to talk about any story is blown out of proportion.

GVGjr
04-11-2020, 08:24 AM
I'm still confident that he will be playing for us next season, I would have appreciated a more clear answer but I think our record of keeping good people good enough to have some faith in Dunkley

Topdog
04-11-2020, 09:08 AM
One thing that is quite funny is various Essendon supporters heard that interview and viewed it as meaning he isn't going to Essendon

Bulldog4life
04-11-2020, 09:15 AM

Yep I would like the club to hold firm. All Dunks wants is a better deal and more time in the midfield and the club sort out the rucking situation. He can get all with us....maybe the deal won't be as lucrative but more coin than he is on now. He had a serious injury this year and only played 12 games so it is understandable that his time in the middle was curtailed. His consistent best is yet to come so it would be ridiculous to trade this 23 yo out when all can be salvaged. Plenty of players have dipped their toe into leaving but stayed. Even Dusty did it.

Bulldog4life
04-11-2020, 09:28 AM
Also as has been said to trade a young player in Dunks would send a bad vibe through the team and put it into all the other player's heads how easy it is to leave if other teams come a knocking. So a "huge" no deal from me.

Topdog
04-11-2020, 09:42 AM
Tom Browne in what some would describe as English has said that culture isn't a problem at the dogs.....

Grantysghost
04-11-2020, 12:13 PM
Tom Browne in what some would describe as English has said that culture isn't a problem at the dogs.....

He's also said that the offer is 600 x 4 so it's not about the money.
Think I'm done with the constant update cycle somebody wake me when he's gone :cool:

mjp
04-11-2020, 12:15 PM
One thing that is quite funny is various Essendon supporters heard that interview and viewed it as meaning he isn't going to Essendon

They will be comparing the Dunkley comments to the Crouch comments though.

Dunkley really can't SAY what Crouch is saying no matter whether he feels that way or not...Dunkley is a contracted player...the interview was frustrating to say the least.

Axe Man
04-11-2020, 01:16 PM
He's also said that the offer is 600 x 4 so it's not about the money.
Think I'm done with the constant update cycle somebody wake me when he's gone :cool:

Which he said was upwards of $200k more than he is on now. I can't believe that he would be on less than $400k. Surely the Bombers are offering more than that?

The Bulldogs Bite
04-11-2020, 01:17 PM
They will be comparing the Dunkley comments to the Crouch comments though.

Dunkley really can't SAY what Crouch is saying no matter whether he feels that way or not...Dunkley is a contracted player...the interview was frustrating to say the least.

Yep, he may not be as explicit as Crouch anyway - he knows he's got 2 years left on a contract and could stay, so it'd be idiotic to burn bridges - but his response was as emphatic as you could hope to (or not hope to) hear.

Axe Man
04-11-2020, 01:21 PM
So now it's Hunter's fault that Dunkley want out:rolleyes:

DUNKLEY’S IMPENDING DECISION EXPLAINED

Josh Dunkley is reportedly happy to remain a Bulldog, but is being lured by Essendon’s promise of more midfield time and a substantially more lucrative contract.

Despite being contracted for two more years, the 23-year-old has told the Dogs he is warming to the idea of being an Essendon player.

SEN reporter Sam Edmund said reports of Dunkley’s disenchantment with the Western Bulldogs’ culture was overblown, but talk of a move was not.

“Josh Dunkley wasn’t happy with the Lachie Hunter indiscretion earlier this year and he was also disappointed at things in hub life and the standards that came to bear. He isn’t considering leaving for cultural reasons,” he said.

“The reason he is considering leaving – he’s been sold the massive midfield dream. The lure of that, plus a big contract that conservatively speaking is worth $700,000 a season and playing with his brother Kyle is unbelievable.

“He’s still torn. He has days where he leads towards Essendon and other days he leans towards staying. The Dogs have zero fear of him coming back, that’s the thing that works in their favour. He’s told them he has no longstanding issues culturally there but has told them of the career opportunities that lie in wait for him at Essendon.”

Speaking to 7 News after arriving back in Melbourne on Tuesday, Dunkley was far from committal.

“I just got back to Victoria, I’m going to see how the next few days unfold and go from there,” he said.

“I think there’s always things to think about this time of year, anything can really happen. It’s going to be an interesting time and we’ll work through it.

“I’ve had some good conversations with Bevo (Luke Beveridge) and the footy club so we’ll just see how we go and go from there.

“Nah (no concerns at the Bulldogs), not at all.”

WHY DONS’ BIG DEALS HAVE STALLED AND HOW TO FIX THEM

The Bombers’ talks with the Blues over Adam Saad’s switch have hit a roadblock.

Carlton wants something extra along with Saad if they’re going to give up Pick 8, while Essendon in contrast is said to want a straight swap of Saad for 8.

No players have been cleanly swapped for a top 10 pick in recent years. The most similar recent trades to Essendon’s request would be Melbourne giving up Pick 6 for Gold Coast’s Steven May and Kade Kolodjashnij, or Brisbane gaining Charlie Cameron and giving Adelaide Pick 12.

However the clubs could work out a solution that also enables the seemingly difficult Josh Dunkley deal to get done.

The Western Bulldogs, who have so far been unwilling to consider trading away Dunkley, don’t need high draft picks this year because they will be matching a bid at the top of the draft for academy-tied prospect Jamarra Ugle-Hagan.

Therefore the Bombers would be more likely to satisfy the Dogs if they gain access to future first round selections, as well as their own – and could do so via Carlton.

“At the end of the day, Pick 8 is going to have to be involved in this trade (for Saad),” AFL Media’s Riley Beveridge said on Trade Desk.

“The only way it wouldn’t be involved is if Essendon is after future selections, potentially to move for Josh Dunkley, given the Bulldogs don’t need first-round picks this year with Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (in the draft).”

In the cleanest possible example, the Blues could trade their 2021 first-round pick for Saad, and then the Bombers could on-trade that pick with their own for Dunkley.

Link (https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-news-rumours-whispers-2020-trade-blog-live-chat-november-4-trade-period-free-agents-latest-news-adam-saad-josh-dunkley/news-story/909faeda636465a0238f8118b8c41875)

KT31
04-11-2020, 01:56 PM
Also as has been said to trade a young player in Dunks would send a bad vibe through the team and put it into all the other player's heads how easy it is to leave if other teams come a knocking. So a "huge" no deal from me.

If we cave I would agree but it would not necessarily be the case if play hardball and get well and truly overs for him.

ledge
04-11-2020, 02:22 PM
So they report that culture problems exist and then the said reporters claim it’s not true., go figure

bornadog
04-11-2020, 03:12 PM
So they report that culture problems exist and then the said reporters claim it’s not true., go figure

Two different reporters. Tom dickhead Morris reported the cultural BS. I remember Bevo had a go at him a few years ago about Dahl on some BS

G-Mo77
04-11-2020, 03:17 PM
Two different reporters. Tom dickhead Morris reported the cultural BS. I remember Bevo had a go at him a few years ago about Dahl on some BS

This one?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/western-bulldogs-free-agent-luke-dahlhaus-a-high-priority-for-several-rival-clubs/news-story/cc2077bffa951a63dc35c2e287b42882

bornadog
04-11-2020, 03:20 PM
This one?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/western-bulldogs-free-agent-luke-dahlhaus-a-high-priority-for-several-rival-clubs/news-story/cc2077bffa951a63dc35c2e287b42882

YES and Sam Edmund from SEN reporting no cultural issues.

G-Mo77
04-11-2020, 03:21 PM
YES and Sam Edmund from SEN reporting no cultural issues.

You throw a dart around eventually one will hit the target. That is our current AFL media gurus in a nutshell.

ReLoad
04-11-2020, 03:48 PM
You throw a dart around eventually one will hit the target. That is our current AFL media gurus in a nutshell.

a broken clock is right twice a day......

bornadog
04-11-2020, 06:07 PM
Dunkley a required player: Power
(https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/833702/dunkley-a-required-player-power)
Western Bulldogs General Manager of List & Recruiting Sam Power speaks to Bulldogs Media on day one of the 2020 AFL Trade Period.

The Western Bulldogs have no desire to trade star midfielder Josh Dunkley despite interest from Essendon, according to list boss Sam Power.

Speaking to westernbulldogs.com.au on the opening day of the 2020 AFL Trade Period, Power reiterated that Dunkley remains an extremely important part of the Bulldogs’ plans for next year and beyond.

Dunkley is contracted to the Bulldogs until the end of 2022, with the Bombers making a strong push for the highly-rated 23-year-old.

“Essendon clearly have interest in him,” Bulldogs’ general manager of list and recruiting, Sam Power, said.

“From our end, Josh is such a valuable member of the club and the team. He’s in the leadership group, he was second in our best and fairest last year (2019) and is a fantastic player.

“Josh is someone we see being at this football club for a long period of time. He’s someone we want to keep at this football club.”

Dunkley was a member of the All Australian squad of 40 in 2019 on the back of a breakout season.

He missed a block of football in 2020 due to an ankle syndesmosis injury, but returned to have a big impact as the Bulldogs made the finals for the second year running.

“Josh has been up in Queensland since the end of the season and he got back to Melbourne yesterday,” Power said.

“We’ve had conversations with him over the last few weeks, just reiterating how important he is to us and that we see him here as a long-term player.

“We want him as part of the Western Bulldogs Football Club.”

Doc26
04-11-2020, 06:09 PM
(https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/833702/dunkley-a-required-player-power)
Western Bulldogs General Manager of List & Recruiting Sam Power speaks to Bulldogs Media on day one of the 2020 AFL Trade Period.

The Western Bulldogs have no desire to trade star midfielder Josh Dunkley despite interest from Essendon, according to list boss Sam Power.

Speaking to westernbulldogs.com.au on the opening day of the 2020 AFL Trade Period, Power reiterated that Dunkley remains an extremely important part of the Bulldogs’ plans for next year and beyond.

Dunkley is contracted to the Bulldogs until the end of 2022, with the Bombers making a strong push for the highly-rated 23-year-old.

“Essendon clearly have interest in him,” Bulldogs’ general manager of list and recruiting, Sam Power, said.

“From our end, Josh is such a valuable member of the club and the team. He’s in the leadership group, he was second in our best and fairest last year (2019) and is a fantastic player.

“Josh is someone we see being at this football club for a long period of time. He’s someone we want to keep at this football club.”

Dunkley was a member of the All Australian squad of 40 in 2019 on the back of a breakout season.

He missed a block of football in 2020 due to an ankle syndesmosis injury, but returned to have a big impact as the Bulldogs made the finals for the second year running.

“Josh has been up in Queensland since the end of the season and he got back to Melbourne yesterday,” Power said.

“We’ve had conversations with him over the last few weeks, just reiterating how important he is to us and that we see him here as a long-term player.

Perfect. Play it again Sam.

bornadog
Is that the end of this thread?

The Bulldogs Bite
A good message and stance from Power.

Unlike GWS ("We will not trade Boyd under any circumstances"), the door is still left ajar for a sensational offer but anything short of that fails.

ledge
04-11-2020, 06:10 PM

That’s pretty solid from the club , sounds like they are going to chat to Dunks, work out his issues if any and allay any doubt he has with us.

GVGjr
04-11-2020, 06:18 PM

Jeemak will just move to his next target :)

GVGjr
04-11-2020, 06:20 PM
Just what we wanted to read, shame we haven't called Ralph and Morris out for their views on the playing group but I'm sure it will happen.

I'm really liking our chances in holding onto Dunks.

bornadog
04-11-2020, 06:21 PM

I wonder who? :D

Twodogs
04-11-2020, 06:25 PM

Ledge I reckon.

jeemak
04-11-2020, 06:30 PM

Ledge I reckon.

Ledge is a required poster, under no circumstances would WOOF entertain a trade.

jeemak
04-11-2020, 06:31 PM
A good message and stance from Power.

Unlike GWS ("We will not trade Boyd under any circumstances"), the door is still left ajar for a sensational offer but anything short of that fails.

Yep agreed, only the mother of all deals will get him across the line for the Bummers.

Twodogs
04-11-2020, 06:33 PM
Ledge is a required poster, under no circumstances would WOOF entertain a trade.

So what you're saying is he is going then?

Bomberblitz I reckon.

bulldogsthru&thru
04-11-2020, 06:34 PM

Jeemak I've been sick of your rumour mongering since 2017 and I've had to put up with your constant loud music which I'm sure is coming from your house. Frankly, the whole tone of this forum is toxic as a result. I want out. I want to go to a respectful, truthful and considerate forum so I'm asking you nicely to trade me to Bomberblitz. Please and thank you.

WBFC4FFC
04-11-2020, 06:36 PM
Jeemak I've been sick of your rumour mongering since 2017 and I've had to put up with your constant loud music which I'm sure is coming from your house. Frankly, the whole tone of this forum is toxic as a result. I want out. I want to go to a respectful, truthful and considerate forum so I'm asking you nicely to trade me to Bomberblitz. Please and thank you.

Don't forget to throw in a less-talented brother as lure!

EasternWest
04-11-2020, 06:36 PM

I hear he is having some frustration with Axe Man and his tendency to hoard information without sharing.

bulldogsthru&thru
04-11-2020, 06:39 PM
Don't forget to throw in a less-talented brother as lure!

Yes Bomberblitz has promised me my brother can sign-up but under no circumstances will he be allowed to post.

jeemak
04-11-2020, 06:44 PM

BT&T, you're contracted to at least the close of 2022, you're a required poster and we see you being a big part of the forum's future beyond that time. Not saying we wouldn't listen to what Bomberblitz had to say, but their chief negotiator has been known to make vexatious trade requests and we're not going to allow ourselves to be distracted when the real goal is securing additional posters to bolster the strength of the forum.

josie
04-11-2020, 06:48 PM
Yes Bomberblitz has promised me my brother can sign-up but under no circumstances will he be allowed to post.

What about mobile phone messages?

bulldogsthru&thru
04-11-2020, 06:51 PM
BT&T, you're contracted to at least the close of 2022, you're a required poster and we see you being a big part of the forum's future beyond that time. Not saying we wouldn't listen to what Bomberblitz had to say, but their chief negotiator has been known to make vexatious trade requests and we're not going to allow ourselves to be distracted when the real goal is securing additional posters to bolster the strength of the forum.

Look, I don't mind it here. But Bomberblitz are offering pizza nights. Pizza jeemak. I could be persuaded with a calzone.

GVGjr
04-11-2020, 06:51 PM
It would be funny if Ledge ended up at his arch enemy Essendon. I think he should join the Bomber Blitz site

bulldogsthru&thru
04-11-2020, 06:55 PM
What about mobile phone messages?

Oh no. They think his content is rubbish. But they're willing to permaban a valued poster for him just to get me over there. Now that's a culture I can get behind.

jeemak
04-11-2020, 06:56 PM
Look, I don't mind it here. But Bomberblitz are offering pizza nights. Pizza jeemak. I could be persuaded with a calzone.

Well if you want to end up like old Jakey Boy then prioritise the pizza nights. I'm holding firm and will defer to the club's board to determine what additions to the usual WOOF format may be offered in the future.

Axe Man
04-11-2020, 06:59 PM
I hear he is having some frustration with Axe Man and his tendency to hoard information without sharing.

I floated BAD's name in a trade on another thread and now everybody is jumping on board. First the the journos steal our ideas and now we are stealing each others!

ratsmac
04-11-2020, 06:59 PM
Well things are a bit more up beat around here! Thank you Mr Power

jeemak
04-11-2020, 07:01 PM
I floated BAD's name in a trade on another thread and now everybody is jumping on board. First the the journos steal our ideas and now we are stealing each others!

That's funny, I don't recall seeing such a post........

EasternWest
04-11-2020, 07:22 PM

I for one welcome Axe Man our new overlord.

1eyedog
04-11-2020, 07:25 PM

Nice. Either way the words that needed to be said.

Twodogs
04-11-2020, 07:55 PM
WOOF General Manager of List & Recruiting Jeemak speaks to Bulldogs Media on day one of the 2020 AFL message board Trade Period.

WOOF has no desire to trade star poster Ledge despite interest from Bomberblitz according to list boss Jeemak.

Speaking to westernbulldogs.com.au on the opening day of the 2020 AFL message board Trade Period, Jee reiterated that Ledge remains an extremely important part of the Board’s plans for next year and beyond.

Ledge is contracted to WOOF until the end of 2022, with Bomberblitz making a strong push for the highly-rated 56-year-old.

“Those tryhards clearly have interest in him,” WOOF's general manager of list and recruiting, Jeemaku, said.

“From our end, Ledge is such a valuable member of the team. He’s in the leadership group, he was second leading poster last year (2019) and is a fantastic contibuter"

“Ledgey is someone we see being on this board for a long period of time. He’s someone we want to keep posting"

He missed a block of posting in 2020 due to having to paint the house but returned to have a big impact as the Bulldogs made the finals for the second year running.

“Ledge has been at work since the end of the season and he got some RDOs organised yesterday,” Jeemak said.

“We’ve had conversations with him over the last few weeks, just reiterating how important he is to us and that we see him here as a long-term poster

“We want him as part of WOOF. Unless Bomberblitz can satisfy our requirements for pizza and a few six packs”

1eyedog
04-11-2020, 08:00 PM

No it's a dance BAD. He's saying if you want him that badly you should do yourself a favour and at least bring some lube.

bornadog
04-11-2020, 08:18 PM
That's funny, I don't recall seeing such a post........

Me either ;)

josie
04-11-2020, 08:20 PM
Great work Twodogs. Bought a smile to my dial.

Much better then reading about Trump claiming victory and then having a whinge about election fraud.

bornadog
04-11-2020, 08:23 PM
No it's a dance BAD. He's saying if you want him that badly you should do yourself a favour and at least bring some lube.

I want to actually hear from Dunkley saying I am happy at the Club and will honour my contract. I am here for the long haul.

Bullies
04-11-2020, 08:35 PM
I want to actually hear from Dunkley saying I am happy at the Club and will honour my contract. I am here for the long haul. I agree. The silence is deafening. Take the money or not.

Grantysghost
04-11-2020, 08:38 PM
I want to actually hear from Dunkley saying I am happy at the Club and will honour my contract. I am here for the long haul.

Yes I interpreted Power's statement as this guy is one of our blue chips, he's an important part of our future so this is what he's worth to us. You want him, knock us out of the park with an offer otherwise sling your hook. Almost the antithesis of Dodo's request for Wines in a Fantasia deal.

1eyedog
04-11-2020, 11:00 PM

I don't think we'll hear from Dunks unfortunately.

jeemak
05-11-2020, 02:15 AM

But, why do you want to hear this? He's obviously interested and it's completely out of his hands............

What I want to hear is I've been offered a great deal to move and if a deal can be done that meets the needs of all parties to either stay or otherwise then I'll consider it respectfully.

At least that would be honest.

azabob
05-11-2020, 07:35 AM
For debate sake, reading the tea leaves, and putting 2+2 and getting 6, who do we prefer on our playing list?

Lachie Hunter or Josh Dunkley?

For mine on field it is Lachie Hunter.

Bullies
05-11-2020, 09:46 AM
For debate sake, reading the tea leaves, and putting 2+2 and getting 6, who do we prefer on our playing list?

For mine on field it is Lachie Hunter. Under rated is Lachie even from some of our own supporters. Plays a specific role and does it very well.

1eyedog
05-11-2020, 09:49 AM
Yeah Hunter for sure. Josh isn't even in our best half dozen players. Expect Dunks to demand a trade this week.

The Bulldogs Bite
05-11-2020, 10:01 AM
Hunter by a fair margin.

He's much, much harder to replace. I just wish he could nail the shots he has at goal.

mjp
05-11-2020, 10:55 AM

For mine on field it is Lachie Hunter.

The inside mid version of Dunks we had in late 2019 was a devastating player. If he is available I will take him - genuine goal-kicking mid who changes the game with his work around the contest. Further to that, he enables Bont to play that inside/out role he is so effective at...the challenge is, where does Liber play if we play Dunks in that role?

ledge
05-11-2020, 12:00 PM
The inside mid version of Dunks we had in late 2019 was a devastating player. If he is available I will take him - genuine goal-kicking mid who changes the game with his work around the contest. Further to that, he enables Bont to play that inside/out role he is so effective at...the challenge is, where does Liber play if we play Dunks in that role?

They can play 50/50.

Scraggers
05-11-2020, 03:36 PM

Could Libba play as an in-and-under small forward? He reads the play so well and would be brilliant as a defensive forward with his tackling. Might also be better on his knees ... give him a couple more years at the Dogs??

ledge
05-11-2020, 04:59 PM
Seems very quiet today after Sams statement yesterday.
Media jumping onto other stories about who the bombers are chasing.

DOG GOD
05-11-2020, 05:39 PM
Could Libba play as an in-and-under small forward? He reads the play so well and would be brilliant as a defensive forward with his tackling. Might also be better on his knees ... give him a couple more years at the Dogs??

I’d be worried that both wallis and Libba would severely slow what we already have as a slow fwd line. I still think Libba is best in the middle, where his hands are elite.

DOG GOD
05-11-2020, 05:40 PM
Dunkleys manager will soon be on trade radio on the AFL site.

DOG GOD
05-11-2020, 05:42 PM
On now

The Underdog
05-11-2020, 05:43 PM
On now

Confirmed they’ve asked for a trade to Essendon.

comrade
05-11-2020, 05:45 PM
Confirmed they’ve asked for a trade to Essendon.

Makes it hard for Dunks to save face and stick with the Bulldogs when the manager goes public like that.

Hopefully it backs Essendon into a corner and they bend over.

DOG GOD
05-11-2020, 05:46 PM
Ok, speaking with Pickering...

1) Dunks has asked to be traded to the Bombers
2) dogs are saying no, he’s required
3) dunks is very keen to get to Essendon.
4) wants to play as a mid, not a 2nd ruck. Can adapt to a role, but more opportunity to play as a mid at Essendon
5) nothing happened at the hub to warrant a trade.
6) the move is “purely on field”

1eyedog
05-11-2020, 05:47 PM
Dunks gonski has officially requested a trade to Essendon.

Essendon has been speaking to Dunks for months.

Has been a long-term plan to get him.

Pickers thinks the trade will get done.

Has informed Bevo and Ameet he wants out.

Bevo wants to keep him.

Up to Adrian and Sam to get a deal done.

Pickers acknowledges Bulldogs have the whip hand and Essendon will have to pay for him because he's a quality player.

It's a 5 year deal and a LOT of money.

Other clubs have inquired but he wants to go to Essendon.

If he doesn't get to Essendon he'll stay at the Bulldogs and be happy to see out his contract.

Bulldog4life
05-11-2020, 05:47 PM
Ok, speaking with Pickering...

1) Dunks has asked to be traded to the Bombers
2) dogs are saying no, he’s required
3) dunks is very keen to get to Essendon.
4) wants to play as a mid, not a 2nd ruck. Can adapt to a role, but more opportunity to play as a mid at Essendon
5) nothing happened at the hub to warrant a trade.
6) the move is “purely on field”

Same as the Swans last year with Papley. No. Stay strong Sammy Power. Would be a B & F at the Bummers.

Happy Days
05-11-2020, 05:48 PM
Draper and 7 or we riot.

The Underdog
Makes it hard for Dunks to save face and stick with the Bulldogs when the manager goes public like that.

Hopefully it backs Essendon into a corner and they bend over.

He just confirmed Dunkley was comfortable with him going public.

comrade
As much as I hate the way Bevo has used Dunks on field because it's just stupid and doesn't make sense from a football perspective, Pickering is just rationalising a decision that is 100% money based to try and make his client look better.

But I also hope it makes Bevo sit back and have a think, because his shenanigans opened the door for this sort of BS.

Bulldog4life
05-11-2020, 05:49 PM
Draper and 7 or we riot.

But 7 would be eaten up with Jamarra.

Happy Days
05-11-2020, 05:50 PM

If I'm reading the room correctly whatever pick we get will end up being Treloar.

Axe Man

We would have to turn 7 into something else - a player or future pick for example.

The Underdog
As much as I hate the way Bevo has used Dunks on field because it's just stupid and doesn't make sense from a football perspective, Pickering is just rationalising a decision that is 100% money based to try and make his client look better.

But I also hope it makes Bevo sit back and have a think, because his shenanigans opened the door for this sort of BS.

He’s basically saying it’s because he wants to play more midfield time. But no other issues with the club.

comrade

On trade it for something else (player or first rounder next year).