PDA

View Full Version : Trade Dunkley

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Vred
11-11-2020, 11:18 AM
Saad deal done

Just like that, Saad deal done, *!*!*!*!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
11-11-2020, 11:18 AM
too late Saad deal now done

bornadog
11-11-2020, 11:19 AM

Now we see what Dodo offers us for Dunks

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
11-11-2020, 11:21 AM
If the offer doesn't start with picks 6 plus one of 7 or 8... I hope Sam just does his best Ralph Wiggums 'I'm walking away' impersonation[video]https://giphy.com/gifs/xT5LMMOZxWEeQtCAwg/html5

Vred
11-11-2020, 11:21 AM

Pick 8 and future first, and they'll probably ask for something back, calling it now.

Happy Days
11-11-2020, 11:22 AM
Saad is not worth a first round pick, and definitely not worth 5 years at $700k (or even half of either). Salute to Carlton for finally waking up from their fever dream this morning.

Never mind. Geez Blues.

The Pie Man
11-11-2020, 11:25 AM
No Treloar news this morning ...no news is....?

Doc26
11-11-2020, 11:29 AM

that should now open up Trade Week.

Vred
11-11-2020, 11:29 AM
No Treloar news this morning ...no news is....?

I'd say we're waiting to see what happens with Dunkley before we pull a trigger on Treloar.

Jeanette54
11-11-2020, 11:36 AM
There is no way known we should condone Essendon making an offer for one of our contracted players. Personally I want to see Dunks stay, and if that happens, I am ambivalent about Treloar.

Ghost Dog
11-11-2020, 12:09 PM
There is no way known we should condone Essendon making an offer for one of our contracted players. Personally I want to see Dunks stay, and if that happens, I am ambivalent about Treloar.

Isn't there some rule against clubs waving contracts in front of contracted players?

SonofScray
11-11-2020, 12:20 PM
Saad move should put wheels in motion for a bunch of other decisions. I honestly am not convinced the Club can make the best out of a situation where we let Dunks walk, my gut feeling is that the other mob have a tonne of work to do before we change our mind.

At this point, I'd hold onto him.

comrade
11-11-2020, 12:24 PM
Saad move should put wheels in motion for a bunch of other decisions. I honestly am not convinced the Club can make the best out of a situation where we let Dunks walk, my gut feeling is that the other mob have a tonne of work to do before we change our mind.

Yeah, I'd rather keep him and try to mend the rift than budge an inch for that sorry excuse for a club.

Jeanette54
11-11-2020, 12:27 PM
I honestly am not convinced the Club can make the best out of a situation where we let Dunks walk, my gut feeling is that the other mob have a tonne of work to do before we change our mind.

Keep Dunks and get Treloar, providing the Colliwobbles come to the party with a good deal on his salary.

Funke disco
11-11-2020, 12:33 PM
I too like others here have some reservations on a Trealor trade. I do believe we should hold onto Dunkley. Mend that relationship and deny the drug cheats exactly what they need not that it will make them significantly better but why should we part with a good young player that we have put 5 years into only to see Essendon enjoy him in his prime.

G-Mo77
11-11-2020, 12:37 PM

We can always go down this road again next year if he still wants to go, asking price should still be high with a year to run.

I hope he's gone by the end of tomorrow personally.

comrade
11-11-2020, 12:38 PM
One benefit of dealing with Dodo this year particularly is the lack of leverage he has.

Dunkley is contracted for one, but we also have access to the best kid in the draft and can work other deals to ensure we have coverage for a bid, so the attraction of a top 10 pick just isn't the same as other seasons.

Would be nice if Essendon had a fringe type that would suit our needs but their list is putrid.

Ghost Dog
11-11-2020, 12:42 PM
One benefit of dealing with Dodo this year particularly is the lack of leverage he has.

Dunkley is contracted for one, but we also have access to the best kid in the draft and can work other deals to ensure we have coverage for a bid, so the attraction of a top 10 pick just isn't the same as other seasons.

Would be nice if Essendon had a fringe type that would suit our needs but their list is putrid.

No love for McDonaldTW?

comrade
11-11-2020, 12:56 PM
No love for McDonaldTW?

They have a few untouchables, if he's not one of them he'd be very close. I'm more talking the Butler or Howard types that Saints chiseled out last year.

SquirrelGrip
11-11-2020, 01:00 PM
@Sammy__Edmund
Western Bulldogs adamant they will not bend on Josh Dunkley trade unless Dons put 2 good first rounders on the table. Dogs want to keep him so insist market value is what they say it is. The club is aligned from the board down to keep Dunkley, who they know won't kick up a stink.

bulldogtragic
11-11-2020, 01:00 PM
Club making a strong statement demanding 2 x good first rounders, or he stays.

bulldogtragic
11-11-2020, 01:03 PM
Two good first rounders, that can only be this year as we don’t know what next years good first rounders are. Is this a signal we are trying to do what I’ve wanted, trading up?

comrade
11-11-2020, 01:05 PM
Two good first rounders, that can only be this year as we don’t know what next years good first rounders are. Is this a signal we are trying to do what I’ve wanted, trading up?

Does suggest that, though we could also be banking on Essendon continuing to stink it up next year making their first in 2021 another good pick.

bulldogtragic
11-11-2020, 01:09 PM
Does suggest that, though we could also be banking on Essendon continuing to stink it up next year making their first in 2021 another good pick.

The club said trading JD would only be for a premium result. Pick 2 would be that. Otherwise having to trade out 8 & 14 this year doesn’t make much sense as a strategy. I think Power is trying to make a ballsy move right now. He must be reading my mind.

Happy Days
11-11-2020, 01:11 PM
The club said trading JD would only be for a premium result. Pick 2 would be that. Otherwise having to trade out 8 & 14 this year doesn’t make much sense as a strategy. I think Power is trying to make a ballsy move right now. He must be reading my mind.

Where were you when the Goldstein trade was there to be made

bulldogtragic
11-11-2020, 01:15 PM
Where were you when the Goldstein trade was there to be made

On the toilet. I came back and Stef Martin was as good as done. My bad.

Rocket Science
11-11-2020, 01:20 PM
Live shots of Dodo in the Essington war room ...

https://i.ibb.co/6w2tysM/Screen-Shot-2020-11-11-at-12-50-26-pm.png (https://ibb.co/zx12mfM)

Tick tock MFer.

The Bulldogs Bite
11-11-2020, 01:23 PM
Good statement.

Large part of me would find it hard to cheer for Dunks next year though.

GVGjr
11-11-2020, 01:29 PM
Good statement.

Large part of me would find it hard to cheer for Dunks next year though.

I won't have that problem at all if he stays.

chef
11-11-2020, 01:58 PM

Agree. Its just a pay packet to all of them nowadays. As long as he does his job I'll cheer him.

I'll always support the jumper, but the guys wearing it will just come and go(apart from a select few) and i wont get too attached.

bornadog
11-11-2020, 02:02 PM
Agree. Its just a pay packet to all of them nowadays. As long as he does his job I'll cheer him.

I'll always support the jumper, but the guys wearing it will just come and go(apart from a select few) and i wont get too attached.

Same here Chef

bulldogsthru&thru
11-11-2020, 02:06 PM

I agree, but the thing I don't want is for our better players to be leaving whilst we constantly bring in draft picks. I don't want us to simply become a feeder club.

Doc26
11-11-2020, 02:10 PM
Cooney and Goddard have to be being paid by Essendon to do their bidding for them.

Their persistent, and belligerent, messaging on Trade Radio that Essendon should not, and will not, give up 2 first rounders for Dunkley is so obviously scripted, even when being challenged by the likes of Riley Beveridge and Sam Edmund as to their position given the situation.

I appreciate that Scraggers has had good experience with Cooney but I'm not a fan.

Bulldog Revolution
11-11-2020, 02:12 PM

I wont have a problem either

I hope he does stay - its not always the worst thing to go through a process like this - and he will just put on his hard hat and go to work

comrade
11-11-2020, 02:13 PM
Cooney and Goddard have to be being paid by Essendon to do their bidding for them.

Their persistent, and belligerent, messaging on Trade Radio that Essendon should not, and will not, give up 2 first rounders for Dunkley is so obviously scripted, even when being challenged by the likes of Riley Beveridge and Sam Edmund as to their position given the situation.

I appreciate that Scraggers has had good experience with Cooney but I'm not a fan.

Cooney suggesting we're taking a risk by keeping Dunkley as he may throw the toys out the cot. Thankfully, not all players are as unprofessional as Coons.

bornadog
11-11-2020, 02:15 PM

This^^^

Almost unlistenable.

SonofScray
11-11-2020, 02:19 PM
Cooney suggesting we're taking a risk by keeping Dunkley as he may throw the toys out the cot. Thankfully, not all players are as unprofessional as Coons.

I'm dirty on Dunks because of the Essendon link, but you are 100% that he isn't the same sort of character as Cooney. Dunks has probably played his cards in terms of being a professional in every sense, its just a job for him. Won't be able to love him quite as we do others, but certainly can respect him as a person more than Cooney who is a genuine sook.

1eyedog
11-11-2020, 02:42 PM
Dodo has seriously underestimated Power.

Sedat
11-11-2020, 03:07 PM
AFL Trade Whisperer just tweeted that he reckons the deal is happening. No details.

1eyedog
11-11-2020, 03:23 PM
Yeah Bevo wants him out.

Grantysghost
11-11-2020, 03:26 PM
AFL Trade Whisperer just tweeted that he reckons the deal is happening. No details.

Pick eight and a future second I can just sense it. Please Sam stay true to your name! We have the Power....!

https://media.giphy.com/media/zCv1NuGumldXa/giphy.gif

bornadog
11-11-2020, 03:45 PM
Pick eight and a future second I can just sense it. Please Sam stay true to your name! We have the Power....!

https://media.giphy.com/media/zCv1NuGumldXa/giphy.gif

That doesn't cut it for me.

Grantysghost
11-11-2020, 03:50 PM
That doesn't cut it for me.

Agree BAD, just thinking we are after two x first, they are offering one...it usually lands somewhere in the middle.

The Bulldogs Bite
11-11-2020, 03:52 PM
Agree BAD, just thinking we are after two x first, they are offering one...it usually lands somewhere in the middle.

That might be Dunkley's true value, but given he's contracted for 2 years I'll be livid if we fold for that.

WBFC4FFC
11-11-2020, 03:54 PM

That's a for a fair trade where a player is coming out of contract.

Given Dunks has two years to go on his contract, it is two first rounders and definitely the Bummers first-pick in the First-Round (pick 6).

On this issue, there can be no debate.

Grantysghost
11-11-2020, 03:55 PM
That's a for a fair trade where a player is coming out of contract.

Given Dunks has two years to go on his contract, it is two first rounders and definitely the Bummers first-pick in the First-Round (pick 6).

On this issue, there can be no debate.

Poppy?

Grantysghost
11-11-2020, 03:56 PM
I'm with y'all. Two x first or there's the dodooro.

WBFC4FFC
11-11-2020, 03:58 PM
Poppy?

Correct, with regards to his Anti-Abortion stance!

Grantysghost
11-11-2020, 04:06 PM
Correct, with regards to his Anti-Abortion stance!

https://media.giphy.com/media/rBgWcWIigOYZy9vx43/giphy.gif

Go_Dogs
11-11-2020, 07:41 PM
Will come down to the line as it always does with Essendon.

bornadog
11-11-2020, 07:43 PM
Will come down to the line as it always does with Essendon.

Essendon want to split one of their first round picks with Brisbane ie 18, 19 and maybe offer Dogs one of those and I guess one of the early picks. (currently, 6,7,8 )

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
11-11-2020, 07:50 PM
Essendon want to split one of their first round picks with Brisbane ie 18, 19 and maybe offer Dogs one of those and I guess one of the early picks. (currently, 6,7,8 )

That don't meet the criteria of 2 good first round picks.

I hope Sam tells him to jam them.

The Adelaide Connection
11-11-2020, 07:53 PM
If our goal is to take two first rounders and trade up to 2, we need to have that in line before we commit.

I don’t want us to get caught holding picks that every club knows we need to get rid of, clubs could hold us to ransom a little and we may not be able to take full advantage.

Ghost Dog
11-11-2020, 08:00 PM
Seriously. Essendon are like one of those tire kickers on gumtree that wants
your 6 month old macbook for peanuts.

GVGjr
11-11-2020, 10:05 PM
So here is your last chance to confirm and share your suspicions

Will Dunkley still by a Bulldogs player by the end of the trade period?

jeemak
11-11-2020, 10:09 PM

Yes.

Only a fool would suggest we trade him out, hypothetically, in practice or otherwise.

The Adelaide Connection
11-11-2020, 10:23 PM
Yes.

Only a fool would suggest we trade him out, hypothetically, in practice or otherwise.

We either get a king's ransom in picks that deliver us #2 and enough points to pay for JUH -or- we pay a king's ransom to get the actor who played Soup Nazi to wander out and give it to Dodoro with both barrels...

https://imgflip.com/i/4ly1x2

EasternWest
Yes.

"Essendon made me a really good offer that I was keen to accept but a trade couldn't be worked out so I'm really looking forward to getting back to preseason with this great club and giving it all for the red white and blue next year"

Jeanette54
Yes.

But we will, because we are us.

jeemak
11-11-2020, 10:28 PM

Possibly. I just think we're a touch more shrewd than we have been in the past.....or well at least I'm hopeful of that.

AshMac
11-11-2020, 10:47 PM

I think we’ll trade him - I have no extra information than anyone else. Pickering is the best in the business at getting deals done and I don’t see why they’d request a trade if they weren’t confident one would happen. Also the minor signs are there - club softening, surrounding deals getting done plus it being drawn out until the final hours is the classic AFL playbook for big trades.

This won’t be popular - but I’m very comfortable trading Dunkley. He is a jet but surplus to our needs, if we aren’t going to play him as a permanent inside mid then we might as well trade him at the peak of his value. Our window is now, I don’t want to wait until libba fades and Dunkley takes that spot again.

Anything less that two first round picks next year and I’ll be filthy. I’d prefer he stays than we get under the overs he is worth in this situation.

bornadog
11-11-2020, 10:54 PM
I think he is gone. Clearly wants out to allow this to get to this stage. We are on to Treloar as a backup/softner please our supporters, fill the gap left.

The Bulldogs Bite
11-11-2020, 11:02 PM
I think he is gone. Clearly wants out to allow this to get to this stage. We are on to Treloar as a backup/softner please our supporters, fill the gap left.

I kind of agree because we wouldn't go for Treloar IF Dunkley never requested a trade, but I think it's an opportunity that has fallen into our lap to get maximum value for our player while trading in another well below value. Especially if Pies pay 200/250K.

The cream is the fact that our midfield needs more Treloar than it does Dunkley.

I think he's gone (Dunkley) and I hope we find a way to do it for both Essendons and Collingwood's future firsts, enabling us to take 3 first rounders into the 21 draft

Rocket Science
11-11-2020, 11:17 PM
Yeah, admire the way Power's played things to date but the fact we're into Treloar gives the game away.

Other caveats aside I'm unconvinced Treloar gets us any closer to a flag than Dunkley on deck but it feels like we've resolved to cut our losses on the latter and anything above 'insulting' probably gets it done come deadline time.

hujsh
12-11-2020, 12:01 AM

We aren't a basket case. Geeze you'd think we'd had the last decade of a Carlton based on some people here.

We've made finals 4 of the last six years and won a premiership. We have had good moments and bad both on and off-field but I do trust that the decisions we make do have proper rational behind them even if they don't always work out.

Doc26
12-11-2020, 12:20 AM
I’m leaning on we will trade, and hoping that it’s Dodoro that blinks.

Sedat
12-11-2020, 12:33 AM
Yeah, admire the way Power's played things to date but the fact we're into Treloar gives the game away.

Other caveats aside I'm unconvinced Treloar gets us any closer to a flag than Dunkley on deck but it feels like we've resolved to cut our losses on the latter and anything above 'insulting' probably gets it done come deadline time.
There's no reason why we can't have Treloar and also keep Dunks. I don't think the two discussions are connected.

The key factors with Treloar are he passes the medical, he is very happy to join the club and we are paying him 650k a year with the filth paying the remaining 250k. For the price of a future 2nd or some such, that is well worth the risk for someone in their prime and who will be for another 4-5 seasons at least.

With Dunks it should be a simple equation. We get 2 first rounders of our choosing or he stays. I hope we stay firm on that.

I've been very impressed by Sam Power since he joined the club. He gives the media absolutely nothing and walks away with our targeted players and usually at below perceived market value. Keath for a 3rd rounder last year was a steal, and despite his putrid season this year Bruce for the equivalent of a late 2nd rounder was smart negotiating by Power as well, when the Saints were demanding our first pick. And while they haven't been big trades, he has been adept this year with the Martin and Hannan acquisitions, giving away very little of value.

GVGjr
12-11-2020, 12:41 AM

Depending on how the text went with Treloar might indicate he is going

jeemak
12-11-2020, 12:57 AM
Depending on how the text went with Treloar might indicate he is going

What nonsense is this sentence G? :)

FrediKanoute
12-11-2020, 01:47 AM
There's no reason why we can't have Treloar and also keep Dunks. I don't think the two discussions are connected.

The key factors with Treloar are he passes the medical, he is very happy to join the club and we are paying him 650k a year with the filth paying the remaining 250k. For the price of a future 2nd or some such, that is well worth the risk for someone in their prime and who will be for another 4-5 seasons at least.

With Dunks it should be a simple equation. We get 2 first rounders of our choosing or he stays. I hope we stay firm on that.

I've been very impressed by Sam Power since he joined the club. He gives the media absolutely nothing and walks away with our targeted players and usually at below perceived market value. Keath for a 3rd rounder last year was a steal, and despite his putrid season this year Bruce for the equivalent of a late 2nd rounder was smart negotiating by Power as well, when the Saints were demanding our first pick. And while they haven't been big trades, he has been adept this year with the Martin and Hannan acquisitions, giving away very little of value.

Agree with this Sedat. Power has been a better list manager than he was a footballer

jeemak
12-11-2020, 01:50 AM
Agree with this Sedat. Power has been a better list manager than he was a footballer

It's kinda skewed though.....I mean, out of thousands of footballers he was able to play at the elite level, while very limited numbers of folks get the opportunity to be a list manager.

I would say he was an excellent footballer, and is an excellent list manager.

And that's definitely enough out of me.

P.S. It's never enough.

bornadog
12-11-2020, 09:06 AM

This ^^^

or no deal.

Vred
12-11-2020, 09:13 AM
Media reporting Dunkley deal is a case of who blinks first, Dodo adamant it won't be two firsts (top tens), Sam Power says otherwise.

Talks with Treloar are well down the track, report is we've offered him 600k a year + Collingwood pay the rest

bulldogsthru&thru
12-11-2020, 09:16 AM
Media reporting Dunkley deal is a case of who blinks first, Dodo adamant it won't be two firsts (top tens), Sam Power says otherwise.

Talks with Treloar are well down the track, report is we've offered him 600k a year + Collingwood pay the rest

Hold strong Sam. No reason at all for us to blink.

comrade
12-11-2020, 09:19 AM
Hold strong Sam. No reason at all for us to blink.

Yep, worst case we keep a 23 yo, AA calibre midfielder.

For Essendon, they get to take picks to the draft but lose face after working on a deal for months with Pickering. Opposition players would be wary of agreeing to go public on any trade request in the future.

soupman
12-11-2020, 09:21 AM
For Essendon, they get to take picks to the draft but lose face after working on a deal for months with Pickering. Opposition players would be wary of agreeing to go public on any trade request in the future.

We say this but Papley not getting to Carlton hasn't held them back, and while Sydney haven't grabbed anyone of note (sorry Tom Hickey you don't qualify) I'm not sure their reputation has been tarnished.

I think players don't place much stock in how hard a club is to trade with, although I can see them being reluctant to trust Collingwood with their contracts after this off season. Imagine if the Magpies asked you to backend your contract now.

1eyedog
12-11-2020, 09:23 AM
I know Collingwood have a tight cap. But if Stephenson goes to North and we take on most of Treloar's salary and flick them our first rounder they'll use a lot of that freed up cap and the first rounder to have a crack at Gunston today I reckon. The rest goes to

De Goey. They are very keen on Gunston.

Axe Man
12-11-2020, 09:24 AM
Here is one way some in the industry believe everyone can go home happy.

Essendon, with picks six, seven and eight, trades one to Collingwood for its No. 16 selection and its future first-round pick.

The Pies get pick eight to use on a kid, Essendon has two future first-rounders to satisfy the Dogs on Dunkley and the Dogs have an arsenal of pick 14 plus three first-rounders if they want to get a deal done on Treloar.

And Essendon gets to use pick 16 on GWS midfielder Jye Caldwell while getting pick 29 back for Orazio Fantasia and keeping picks six and seven.

Link (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/news/afl-trade-period-the-players-in-limbo-and-where-every-potential-deal-is-at/news-story/e37cff5bc6b8f65fcb6f7e6a3647d86e)

comrade
12-11-2020, 09:29 AM
Here is one way some in the industry believe everyone can go home happy.

Essendon, with picks six, seven and eight, trades one to Collingwood for its No. 16 selection and its future first-round pick.

The Pies get pick eight to use on a kid, Essendon has two future first-rounders to satisfy the Dogs on Dunkley and the Dogs have an arsenal of pick 14 plus three first-rounders if they want to get a deal done on Treloar.

And Essendon gets to use pick 16 on GWS midfielder Jye Caldwell while getting pick 29 back for Orazio Fantasia and keeping picks six and seven.

Link (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/news/afl-trade-period-the-players-in-limbo-and-where-every-potential-deal-is-at/news-story/e37cff5bc6b8f65fcb6f7e6a3647d86e)

I'd prefer Essendon's pick 6 this year and their first rounder next year, then work on a deal to flip 6 and 14 into something very juicy like Adelaide's 1st next year. Pick swaps can be completed up until the draft.

Treloar is a separate deal and no first round pick should be involved in any circumstances.

soupman
12-11-2020, 09:33 AM

Standard Essendon media.

Not sure why Collingwood would be keen to give up pick 16 and pick 10-16 for pick 8 in a stuffed draft.

Bulldog Joe
12-11-2020, 09:35 AM
Standard Essendon media.

Not sure why Collingwood would be keen to give up pick 16 and pick 10-16 for pick 8 in a stuffed draft.

Because everyone wants to help Dodo:rolleyes:

Axe Man
12-11-2020, 09:36 AM
Standard Essendon media.

When is Reef McInnes expected to attract a bid? Pick 8 could get them ahead of that and allow them to add 2 high quality kids this draft?

Edit: Hun article today predicting a bid around 15-25.

bornadog
12-11-2020, 09:37 AM
When is Reef McInnes expected to attract a bid? Pick 8 could get them ahead of that and allow them to add 2 high quality kids this draft?

Edit: Hun article today predicting a bid around 15-25.

Don't they also need points for Daicos?

soupman
12-11-2020, 09:38 AM

Sure but they'd at least be expecting another pick back, otherwise they are paying pick 4 to do that.

Axe Man
12-11-2020, 09:40 AM
Don't they also need points for Daicos?

That's next year.

Sure but they'd at least be expecting another pick back, otherwise they are paying pick 4 to do that.

Sure, the scenario might be an over-simplification, but there is a good reason why they might want to move up the order from 16.

soupman
12-11-2020, 09:48 AM
Could something like the following work?

We fold Port Adelaide into our deal.

Port give up their 2021 first rounder (probable 12-18) and say pick 47, get back Fantasia, Essendons 2021 Second Rounder (probable 20-30), Bulldogs 2021 Second Rounder (probable (25-35).

This enables Essendon to give up their 2021 first rounder as they now have another.

Essendon gives up Fantasia, their 2021 first rounder, their 2021 second rounder, pick 8. Get Dunkley, Ports 2021 first rounder and pick 47.

Bulldogs give up Dunkley and 2021 Second rounder. Get Essendon's 2021 First rounder and pick 8.

comrade
12-11-2020, 09:52 AM
Is it 3pm yet?

Sedat
12-11-2020, 09:56 AM
As someone on Woof said many years ago...."if the goalposts were located on the wings, Sam Power would have been the best player in the competition"

Doc26
12-11-2020, 10:25 AM

But still no fuss, and unassuming which is perfect for his current role.

westbulldog
12-11-2020, 10:36 AM
We get the rabble's two first round picks or "tell them they're dreamin". Zero softening. If we could get Treloar for max $600k nett it might be good as he will have something to prove to Collingwood for dumping him. Similarly Martin reckons he was cut loose early, he will also have something to prove to Fagan. He is a good pick up to compliment and mentor English and Sweet, is an intelligent bloke and a seems a good person

bornadog
12-11-2020, 11:15 AM
Sam Edmund reporting: (https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/11/11/what-the-western-bulldogs-are-prepared-to-pay-treloar/)

COLLINGWOOD will today be asked to fork out as much as $300,000 a season to see the back of Adam Treloar.

Treloar’s future will be determined by how much the Magpies are willing to pay to see the midfielder play for the Western Bulldogs next season.

While there is no formal offer on the table from the club, the Bulldogs are prepared to pay Treloar $600,000 a season for the next five years.

That leaves a gap of around $1.5 million on what Treloar is owed by Collingwood and what the Dogs are willing to pay.

Will the Pies pay $1.5 million - $300,000 a year – over the next five years just to get Treloar out of the club?

Treloar, 27, doesn’t want to leave a cent on the table given he has long been owed a significant sum of money.

So if the two clubs can’t come to an agreement he is happy to go back to Collingwood despite coach Nathan Buckley telling him that he and senior players want him to move on.

It is hoped by the Treloar camp that one more year at Collingwood would see more options available to him in 12 months’ time.

But at the same time, he is excited about the prospect of joining the Bulldogs and was impressed by coach Luke Beveridge during their meeting on Tuesday.

The Dogs insist they have the capacity to bring in Treloar and keep wantaway midfielder Josh Dunkley.

The Bulldogs remain steadfast over their refusal to release Dunkley to Essendon for anything other than two good first round picks.

It’s understood the club is united from board level down to hold Dunkley to a contract that has two years to run if the Bombers don’t come to the party.

Essendon, for their part, are adamant they will not be offering two first round picks and say they will be “bankrupting” the club by doing so.

Yet the Bombers are confident they can eat into the Bulldogs resolve and get Dunkley in the door before 7.30pm.

The Western Bulldogs have picks 14, 41 and 54 in this year’s national draft. Pick 14 would appear to form the spine of any trade for Treloar given the Bulldogs have academy prodigy Jamarra Ugle-Hagan waiting in the draft.

bulldogsthru&thru
12-11-2020, 11:16 AM
Sam Edmund reporting:

COLLINGWOOD will today be asked to fork out as much as $300,000 a season to see the back of Adam Treloar.

Treloar’s future will be determined by how much the Magpies are willing to pay to see the midfielder play for the Western Bulldogs next season.

While there is no formal offer on the table from the club, the Bulldogs are prepared to pay Treloar $600,000 a season for the next five years.

That leaves a gap of around $1.5 million on what Treloar is owed by Collingwood and what the Dogs are willing to pay.

Will the Pies pay $1.5 million - $300,000 a year – over the next five years just to get Treloar out of the club?

Treloar, 27, doesn’t want to leave a cent on the table given he has long been owed a significant sum of money.

So if the two clubs can’t come to an agreement he is happy to go back to Collingwood despite coach Nathan Buckley telling him that he and senior players want him to move on.

It is hoped by the Treloar camp that one more year at Collingwood would see more options available to him in 12 months’ time.

But at the same time, he is excited about the prospect of joining the Bulldogs and was impressed by coach Luke Beveridge during their meeting on Tuesday.

The Dogs insist they have the capacity to bring in Treloar and keep wantaway midfielder Josh Dunkley.

The Bulldogs remain steadfast over their refusal to release Dunkley to Essendon for anything other than two good first round picks.

It’s understood the club is united from board level down to hold Dunkley to a contract that has two years to run if the Bombers don’t come to the party.

Essendon, for their part, are adamant they will not be offering two first round picks and say they will be “bankrupting” the club by doing so.

Yet the Bombers are confident they can eat into the Bulldogs resolve and get Dunkley in the door before 7.30pm.

The Western Bulldogs have picks 14, 41 and 54 in this year’s national draft. Pick 14 would appear to form the spine of any trade for Treloar given the Bulldogs have academy prodigy Jamarra Ugle-Hagan waiting in the draft.

So far so good with the talk coming from us regarding both Treloar and Dunkley.

DOG GOD
12-11-2020, 11:16 AM
At least the dogs are taking a stance somewhat. Over to you Collingwood.

bulldogtragic
12-11-2020, 11:17 AM
I felt good if Dunk's stays and this made me feel even better.

When a player says he wants to leave, like Daniher last year, they'll probably leave the next year uncontracted and for less favourable trade terms than the 'under contract' offer. Which for Daniher was two first rounders last year, and just the one this year. That's the risk of refusing a trade.

But... If Dunkley stays and next year wants to leave again. He's still under contract next year and his value is unlikely to decline, it could even get better if he is played to his strengthes. We can say 'no' again next year to an unsatisfactory offer and still not lose him.

Good spot to be in, if you're the Western Bulldogs.

DOG GOD
12-11-2020, 11:18 AM
I’ve got a feeling we will bend a little for dodo.

Doc26
12-11-2020, 11:18 AM
We get the rabble's two first round picks or "tell them they're dreamin". Zero softening. If we could get Treloar for max $600k nett it might be good as he will have something to prove to Collingwood for dumping him. Similarly Martin reckons he was cut loose early, he will also have something to prove to Fagan. He is a good pick up to compliment and mentor English and Sweet, is an intelligent bloke and a seems a good person

I didn't realise it possible that Goddard could trump himself by being more of a knob than what he was in his playing days. Well he's succeeded. His rabid defense that Dunkley is worth no more than a single first to Essendon is grating to the ears. The daily De Stoop / Goddard segment on Trade Radio is horrendous listening unless you're from the radical side of BomberBlitz. And then there's Cooney to come:mad:

As far as I'm concerned the Sports Entertainment Network, are in breach of Section 4 of the "Commercial Radio Code of Practice", without providing disclosure of Goddard's and Cooney's role in their ongoing promotion of Essendon's position.

4. Advertising
4.1. Advertisements broadcast by a Licensee must be presented in such a manner
that a reasonable listener is able to identify them, at the time of the broadcast,
as advertising material.

c) overly positive or unbalanced descriptions and discussions of particular brands, products
or services;
d) a scripted or artificial feel associated with discussions of particular brands, products or
services.

comrade
12-11-2020, 11:19 AM
Asking Collingwood to pay $300k while only giving up a second round pick for Treloar would (on face value) go down as one of the great deals. Can't see Pies going for it myself.

bulldogsthru&thru
12-11-2020, 11:19 AM
Sam Edmund reporting: (https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/11/11/what-the-western-bulldogs-are-prepared-to-pay-treloar/)

Then don't bite off more than you can chew. Fancy going after a player with 2 years left on their contract and then saying you don't want to pay up. I mean what did they expect was going to happen?

comrade
12-11-2020, 11:20 AM
I felt good if Dunk's stays and this made me feel even better.

When a player says he wants to leave, like Daniher last year, they'll probably leave the next year uncontracted and for less favourable trade terms than the 'under contract' offer. Which for Daniher was two first rounders last year, and just the one this year. That's the risk of refusing a trade.

But... If Dunkley stays and next year wants to leave again. He's still under contract next year and his value is unlikely to decline, it could even get better if he is played to his strengthes. We can say 'no' again next year to an unsatisfactory offer and still not lose him.

Good spot to be in, if you're the Western Bulldogs.

And then if no deal can be struck next year, when he is out of contract in 2022 we can still demand appropriate compensation as Essendon have done this year with Saad.

bulldogtragic
12-11-2020, 11:22 AM
Asking Collingwood to pay $300k while only giving up a second round pick for Treloar would (on face value) go down as one of the great deals. Can't see Pies going for it myself.

Many said we wouldn't trade AA Premiership Player Jake 'The Package' Stringer for just two second rounders.

In 8 hours we will know.

bulldogsthru&thru

No they certainly wouldn't. Moreso the paying of 300k a year for five years. But I guess it truly depends how badly they have stuffed up their payments.

bulldogtragic
And then if no deal can be struck next year, when he is out of contract in 2022 we can still demand appropriate compensation as Essendon have done this year with Saad.

Yep. We are holding all the ace cards. Sam knows it, Josh knows it, Dodoro knows it.

Axe Man
12-11-2020, 11:23 AM

Yeah, hard to see them agreeing to it. I also think the more the Pies pay, the higher trade price they can rightfully demand.

bulldogsthru&thru
12-11-2020, 11:24 AM
I'm still surprised the bombers didn't go after an uncontracted Jack Steele. Maybe they did and he told them no. But they could have thrown a hell of a load of cash that was too good to knock back. He only signed a short term deal with the saints.

hujsh
12-11-2020, 11:25 AM
Many said we wouldn't trade AA Premiership Player Jake 'The Package' Stringer for just two second rounders.

In 8 hours we will know.

We wanted Stringer out though for well documented reasons. He was also raising a stink saying he'd not come back to the Dogs next year. This is a little bit different as far as our bargaining position.

1eyedog
12-11-2020, 11:26 AM

I agree but they are royally screwed. I mean they'll probably negotiate up to us paying 650K a year which is still fine by me. They really don't want him there next year but yeah, they'll definitely be gunning for pick 14 to lessen the pain.

bulldogsthru&thru
Yeah, hard to see them agreeing to it. I also think the more the Pies pay, the higher trade price they can rightfully demand.

Agreed. What's the preference for us:

Treloar at 600k this year but then 900k for 4 years for basically nothing (3rd rounder) OR
Treloar at 600k for our first OR
No Treloar?

Templeton31

In 8 hours we will know.

Yeh but we wanted Jake out the door. Not so Dunks.

Grantysghost
If the Pies pay 1. 5 mill for Treloar to play for us for the next 5 years then we need to knock down EJ and erect a statue of the Power man himself. Sammy P.

1eyedog
12-11-2020, 11:27 AM

In 8 hours we will know.

Dunkley is contracted and a required player. Massive difference.

bornadog
12-11-2020, 11:27 AM

In 8 hours we will know.

The difference is we wanted to get rid of Stringer

EasternWest
12-11-2020, 11:28 AM

This would be a remarkable outcome for us.

bornadog
12-11-2020, 11:28 AM

What about to balance the books, we give them a player maybe Dale/Schache and contribute salary? That way we have Treloar on $600k and doesn't upset others.

soupman
12-11-2020, 11:29 AM

Well there have to be some warning signs regardless of salary cap if Collingwood are legitimately prepared to trade Treloar out of nowhere near his full value and contribute a significant amount of his salary as well.

bulldogtragic
12-11-2020, 11:30 AM
We wanted Stringer out though for well documented reasons. He was also raising a stink saying he'd not come back to the Dogs next year. This is a little bit different as far as our bargaining position.

The article dropped just now says Buckley and the leadership group want him out. And they also need salary cap relief. Treloar's management seem to be leaking that he doesn't want to go back to Collingwood under any circumstances. It might not be Apple for Apple, perhaps a Small Orange for Mandarin. Whatever the bargaining position, it looks like a great opportunity is in the making.

bornadog
12-11-2020, 11:31 AM
Well there have to be some warning signs regardless of salary cap if Collingwood are legitimately prepared to trade Treloar out of nowhere near his full value and contribute a significant amount of his salary as well.

They have massive salary cap issues with Beams, Phillips, Grundy, Treloar, Stephenson and now De Goey wants a huge contract. They have really stuffed it up.

PS: Also Cox has triggered another year and on $550k

The Bulldogs Bite
12-11-2020, 11:32 AM

Christ BAD, I might have to prepare daily home cooked lunches for Sam at this point.

bulldogtragic
12-11-2020, 11:32 AM

From article above:

"... despite coach Nathan Buckley telling him (Treloar) that he and senior players want him to move on."

comrade
12-11-2020, 11:34 AM
What about to balance the books, we give them a player maybe Dale/Schache and contribute salary? That way we have Treloar on $600k and doesn't upset others.

Happy to offload either of Dale or Schache as part of the deal if it means they accept a second round pick.

bornadog
12-11-2020, 11:35 AM
Happy to offload either of Dale or Schache as part of the deal if it means they accept a second round pick.

and maybe we contribute $150k so more palatable to Pies.

SquirrelGrip
12-11-2020, 11:36 AM

They’d want Ed Richards ahead of those two.

GVGjr
12-11-2020, 11:37 AM

If the deal was to go through I think they've thrown out the 300K mark because when it ends up being 200K or 250K it looks like a small win for them.

What ever happens, and whatever the deal ends up being the Pies have done an appalling job with their player payment and I hope the AFL investigates them

Ozza
12-11-2020, 11:43 AM
The pies have managed the narrative around Treloar about as well as we (mostly Bevo) managed the messaging on Stringer.

comrade
12-11-2020, 11:47 AM
The pies have managed the narrative around Treloar about as well as we (mostly Bevo) managed the messaging on Stringer.

I tried to repress that trade period but I think the Pies have been even worse. Beyond the complete weirdness of senior players apparently saying they want Treloar gone (disputed by Bucks), all the leaks about other players on big money and the squeeze on their overall cap, i.e. Stephenson also being pushed to look at other deals, has just trashed player market value and been a complete s*** show.

Good for us if we can leverage a massive win out of it.

Bulldog4life
12-11-2020, 11:47 AM
The article dropped just now says Buckley and the leadership group want him out. And they also need salary cap relief. Treloar's management seem to be leaking that he doesn't want to go back to Collingwood under any circumstances. It might not be Apple for Apple, perhaps a Small Orange for Mandarin. Whatever the bargaining position, it looks like a great opportunity is in the making.

I wonder why. I heard he doesn't like harsh criticism.

G-Mo77
12-11-2020, 11:52 AM
They’d want Ed Richards ahead of those two.

They can have all 3, just send some late picks back

bulldogtragic
12-11-2020, 12:00 PM
I wonder why. I heard he doesn't like harsh criticism.

Apparently he goes out drinking with Bucks and boys and enters into 'shouts', but when it's his shout he says he's going to the toilet and bolts. I couldn't stand for that either.

hujsh
12-11-2020, 12:19 PM
My mistake I assumed your comment was about Dunkley and didn't read the quote properly.

Yes the two are not miles apart in similarity I can agree with you on that.

Axe Man
12-11-2020, 12:57 PM
Cal Twomey:

Essendon has approached Western Bulldogs this morning and reopened talks on a deal over Josh Dunkley. The clubs hadn't spoken since Monday, when the Dogs dismissed Essendon's offer of pick 8 (which at that stage they didn't even have).

The Bulldogs Bite
12-11-2020, 01:00 PM
Cal Twomey:

First to buckle.

I just hope we don't feel generous by giving them anything back for x2 first round picks.

Essendon are desperate for a good news story that they can sell to their idiotic fan base after losing Sad/Fantasia/JD. Let's be strong and take advantage.

bornadog
12-11-2020, 01:00 PM
Cal Twomey:

Dodo trying the old trick, leave it to the last minute.

bulldogsthru&thru
12-11-2020, 01:25 PM
Haha pick 8. He didn't even offer the 1st of their 3 first round picks.

ledge
12-11-2020, 01:51 PM
Haha pick 8. He didn't even offer the 1st of their 3 first round picks.

One he can’t.

bulldogsthru&thru
12-11-2020, 02:38 PM
Apparently we mentioned to Dodo that he thought a contracted Danniher was worth two first rounders last year so that's what he needs to pay for a contracted Dunkley. Love it.

Funke disco
12-11-2020, 02:42 PM
Apparently we mentioned to Dodo that he thought a contracted Danniher was worth two first rounders last year so that's what he needs to pay for a contracted Dunkley. Love it.

Old ways coming back to bite him!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-11-2020, 02:43 PM

Sammy is making the right moves thus far...so far no sign of blinking.
It sounds to me as if we have a very clear intent of what changes our mind on moving Josh on... and that doesn't appear to be a position that we'll move from.
Good stuff. Stare Dodo down Sam.

Bulldog4life
12-11-2020, 02:48 PM

I like this part. PG getting involved inspires me.

hujsh
12-11-2020, 04:27 PM
"The Bombers are saying it's pick 8... take it or leave it"
- Matthew Lloyd re: Josh Dunkley

So... no thanks then. Why would we even need to contemplate taking their 'take it or leave it' when we have the player contracted for 2 years

bornadog
12-11-2020, 04:28 PM
Dogs, Pies in Treloar stand-off

By Sam McClure

A stand-off has developed between the Western Bulldogs and Collingwood over Adam Treloar.
The Dogs have offered their future second-round pick for the star midfielder, and according to club sources, Collingwood are not happy with that.
The Magpies believe Treloar is worth a first-round pick at a minimum. But the Bulldogs are attempting to take advantage of what has become a messy situation between the player and his current club.

In a further development, club sources say the Western Bulldogs are now dealing exclusively with Collingwood and believe that Treloar and contracted midfielder Josh Dunkley, who has requested a trade to Essendon, can be at Whitten Oval next season.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-11-2020, 04:28 PM
So Bombers say pick 8 take it or leave it...
OK.. Dodo don't let the door hit you on the way out.....
Hope that gives Josh some insight into just how much Dodo thinks of him... To approach a long contracted young team leader, tantalise him with a sell job... and the prospect of bringing his brother onto their list...and then leave him high and dry by not offering a significant reason to his contracted club to let him go.......woeful

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-11-2020, 04:30 PM
Oh and come on down Damian Barrett wouldn't be a sh1tty dance party without his Purple laying down some of his lame beats... He's now weighing in on the negative hub happenings as the reason Josh wants to leave.

WHY DOES DUNKLEY WANT OUT?
Some have said it's for the chance to play as a full-time midfielder, others have said it's for money. Damian Barrett said otherwise on the Trade Deadline Day show.

There is a culture issue...he experienced something in the hubs that he didn’t like, and maybe even prior to that as well.

1eyedog
12-11-2020, 04:34 PM
Oh and come on down Damian Barrett wouldn't be a sh1tty dance party without his Purple laying down some of his lame beats... He's now weighing in on the negative hub happenings as the reason Josh wants to leave.

Some have said it's for the chance to play as a full-time midfielder, others have said it's for money. Damian Barrett said otherwise on the Trade Deadline Day show.

There is a culture issue...he experienced something in the hubs that he didn’t like, and maybe even prior to that as well.

Culture issue lol. Every other Bulldog player and coach must be in on it hey Barrett?

bornadog
12-11-2020, 04:37 PM
Dogs, Pies in Treloar stand-off

By Sam McClure

A stand-off has developed between the Western Bulldogs and Collingwood over Adam Treloar.
The Dogs have offered their future second-round pick for the star midfielder, and according to club sources, Collingwood are not happy with that.
The Magpies believe Treloar is worth a first-round pick at a minimum. But the Bulldogs are attempting to take advantage of what has become a messy situation between the player and his current club.

In a further development, club sources say the Western Bulldogs are now dealing exclusively with Collingwood and believe that Treloar and contracted midfielder Josh Dunkley, who has requested a trade to Essendon, can be at Whitten Oval next season.

Will be interesting what happens

comrade
12-11-2020, 04:37 PM
Take it or leave it, like Dodoro has the leverage.

Bulldog4life
12-11-2020, 04:38 PM
Sam McClure
@sam_mcclure
·
Nov 12
The Western Bulldogs have stopped dealing with Essendon.

They now want Dunkley and Treloar in the same team next year.

The Dogs have offered a future second round pick for Treloar.

It’s beginning to get frantic.

bornadog
12-11-2020, 04:42 PM
Sam McClure
@sam_mcclure
·
Nov 12

Didn't like my post :D

The Underdog
12-11-2020, 04:44 PM
Take it or leave it, like Dodoro has the leverage.

I know he’s looking at himself in the mirror now giving himself affirmations in the 3rd person.

“Dodo is the trade winner. Dodo gets what Dodo wants.”

Mantis
12-11-2020, 04:45 PM
Sam 'big balls' Power... I like his style! (as at 12/11 - 4.45pm)

Bulldog4life
12-11-2020, 04:46 PM
Didn't like my post :D

Sorry BAD didn't see it number one and slightly different wording number 2 . Apart from that I love your post.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-11-2020, 04:47 PM

Yep thus far he's worn 3 pairs of pants to the trade table... all with no pockets for Dodo to P1ss in thus far...
Stay the course Sammy..

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-11-2020, 04:51 PM
My only concern is whether or not there is a WWE element going down with the final day...
I really, really hope this isn't being scripted like a melo-drama by the AFL... but I would not put it past them to do it..
The thing that worries me is the statement 'It's pick 8 take it or leave it'
Surely going into this Essendon had to know they would need to do something pretty amazing to prise someone of Josh's stature who is contracted out of the place....
He had to know pick 8 on itself is not an attractive offer that the Dogs would even entertain a trade?

Sedat
12-11-2020, 04:52 PM
He quietly stared down Justin Reid from the Crows last year with regard to Keath - Reid wanted a 1st rounder and ended up with a 3rd. Ditto with the Saints for Bruce - they also wanted our 1st and didn't get it.

I'm confident he will do what is best for the club today.

westbulldog
12-11-2020, 04:53 PM
The dodo (Raphus cucullatus) is an extinct flightless bird .....

bornadog
12-11-2020, 04:53 PM
Sorry BAD didn't see it number one and slightly different wording number 2 . Apart from that I love your post.

cheers mate.

Best outcome is keep Dunkley, and bring in Treloar for not too much.

bulldogsthru&thru
12-11-2020, 04:56 PM
Sam McClure
@sam_mcclure
·
Nov 12

EXACTLY what was said about Carlton yesterday before a deal was done

ledge
12-11-2020, 04:56 PM

And of course Essendon have the best culture !

bornadog
12-11-2020, 04:57 PM
Lethlean from Saints says Treloar one of best mids in competition.

Happy Days
12-11-2020, 04:57 PM
He quietly stared down Justin Reid from the Crows last year with regard to Keath - Reid wanted a 1st rounder and ended up with a 3rd. Ditto with the Saints for Bruce - they also wanted our 1st and didn't get it.

I'm confident he will do what is best for the club today.

Even though Bruce sucked for the value of the assets at the time that was a seriously impressive move.

Happy Days
12-11-2020, 04:58 PM
Lethlean from Saints says Treloar one of best mids in competition.

I do wonder if they're a little dirty they committed to Crouch so early. Treloar is really good but would seem to fit the Saints especially well.

comrade
My only concern is whether or not there is a WWE element going down with the final day...

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised. All this 'take it or leave it' Dogs have walked away narrative, and then magically at the death, Dodo offers us 2 top 10 picks and the deal is done.

The Bulldogs Bite
I reckon it's more likely we keep Dunkley and Collingwood keep Treloar / trade JS.

bornadog
12-11-2020, 05:02 PM
I reckon it's more likely we keep Dunkley and Collingwood keep Treloar / trade JS.

JS now a North player

bulldogsthru&thru
12-11-2020, 05:03 PM

Huh? When culture issues at hubs first was mentioned he backed us up saying we were one of the better behaved clubs.

The Bulldogs Bite
12-11-2020, 05:21 PM
Power has played this very well.

Stay strong, king.

SonofScray
12-11-2020, 05:27 PM
Perhaps this is all for show, and in a few moments it'll come crashing down, but I am invested in the outcome here more than usual. Been anticipating the news one way or another all day.

Gut says it doesn't happen from here.

1eyedog
12-11-2020, 05:33 PM
Perhaps this is all for show, and in a few moments it'll come crashing down, but I am invested in the outcome here more than usual. Been anticipating the news one way or another all day.

Gut says it doesn't happen from here.

The product has been sold.

bornadog
12-11-2020, 05:35 PM
Sam Edmund:

As predicted, a complete and utter roadblock in the Josh Dunkley deal. Dogs - as they've constantly said - demanding two good first round picks and for now, Bombers not giving two first rounders and only pick 8.

YES!!, go Sammy

ratsmac
12-11-2020, 05:38 PM
If Dunkley stays and Trelor stays at the pies would not be too bad i reckon

bulldogtragic
12-11-2020, 05:39 PM
Dodoro needs this far more than we do. Saad, gone. Daniher, gone. Fantasia, who knows. Caldwell & Dunkley stuck. He might not have a job after tonight if his attitude doesn’t improve.

Happy Days
12-11-2020, 05:42 PM
Stevo reckons nothing happens at all now, including Treloar.

How we feel about that? It was pretty reckless but would have been undeniably cool to have six Ferraris in the garage.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-11-2020, 05:42 PM
Dodoro needs this far more than we do. Saad, gone. Daniher, gone. Fantasia, who knows. Caldwell & Dunkley stuck. He might not have a job after tonight if his attitude doesn’t improve.

Yep this either fortifies his position at the Bombers or his intransigence finally sinks him.

bornadog
12-11-2020, 05:43 PM

How we feel about that? It was pretty reckless but would have been undeniably cool to have six Ferraris in the garage.

That is fine as well.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-11-2020, 05:44 PM

I'm okay with it. I think getting Treloar and keeping Dunkley would've been an outstanding trade period.

Not presenting ourselves to Dodoro and dropping trou...that will also be a major victory if we hold our nerve.

bulldogtragic
12-11-2020, 05:44 PM

I love that Stevo is pushing our line on both trades.

If the trade period is Hannan & Martin. Would that push us up the ladder?

Sedat
12-11-2020, 05:45 PM
If we are only willing to pay 600k a season for Treloar, I'd be expecting a future 1st rounder if I was the filth. Perhaps they can give us their future 3rd and we give them our future 4th as well in return?

Happy Days
12-11-2020, 05:46 PM

Doubtful. I'm a lot less bullish on Martin than everyone else and Hannan is totally irrelevant.

DOG GOD
12-11-2020, 05:47 PM
It all comes down to how much does Collingwood want treloar gone. It all comes down to this.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-11-2020, 05:48 PM
Doubtful. I'm a lot less bullish on Martin than everyone else and Hannan is totally irrelevant.

Sounds like someone has a crush on someone heading into season 2021!! :D

DOG GOD
12-11-2020, 05:48 PM

Nope. Martin was pretty much the only ruckman on a list that was interested. Hannan is 50/50. I wouldn’t say he is a bonafide best 22.

comrade
12-11-2020, 05:50 PM
We haven't gotten any worse but teams around us have improved (Saints again, Carlton). We have internal improvement within the squad, plus we have the most talented kid in the country coming to us...whether that's enough to rise up the ladder is questionable.

bulldogtragic
12-11-2020, 05:51 PM

Well I guess our eggs are in the ‘develop’ from within basket for next year. How did that go this year? (I haven’t seen any games. So young guys like Lippa, Le Young, Richards etc)

kruder
12-11-2020, 05:53 PM
Now Stevo has gone to Norffff we may have lost a little leverage. Well, the pies would be emphasising the point that's for sure.

In regards to Treloar I'd happily give up more pick wise I think the lower wage is more important in regards to keeping our group together going forward.

Happy Days
12-11-2020, 05:56 PM
Well I guess our eggs are in the ‘develop’ from within basket for next year. How did that go this year? (I haven’t seen any games. So young guys like Lippa, Le Young, Richards etc)

Richards burnt a lot of his good will and I'm good if Lippa never plays again.

Most of us didn't see any games from Le Young.

bulldogtragic
12-11-2020, 05:58 PM
Richards burnt a lot of his good will and I'm good if Lippa never plays again.

Most of us didn't see any games from Le Young.

I don’t want to hijack the thread. But what??? Where did the improvement come from if not the kids?

jeemak
12-11-2020, 05:59 PM
I don’t want to hijack the thread. But what??? Where did the improvement come from if not the kids?

We didn't improve.

GVGjr
12-11-2020, 06:02 PM
If we are only willing to pay 600k a season for Treloar, I'd be expecting a future 1st rounder if I was the filth. Perhaps they can give us their future 3rd and we give them our future 4th as well in return?

I actually think that offer would be fair for both parties

bulldogtragic
12-11-2020, 06:02 PM
We didn't improve.

Oh, so not watching and following footy this year sounds even better right now.

Topdog
12-11-2020, 06:03 PM
Yeah this year we were static.
What time does this trade period end?

bulldogtragic
12-11-2020, 06:03 PM
Yeah this year we were static.
What time does this trade period end?

7.30pm the doors shut.

bornadog
12-11-2020, 06:05 PM
Now Stevo has gone to Norffff we may have lost a little leverage. Well, the pies would be emphasising the point that's for sure.

In regards to Treloar I'd happily give up more pick wise I think the lower wage is more important in regards to keeping our group together going forward.

Phillips to Hawks as well

SonofScray
12-11-2020, 06:07 PM
Phillips to Hawks as well

That just about kills Treloar off as an option doesn't it? Unless the bridges have been burned.

Sedat
12-11-2020, 06:07 PM
It would in effect be Treloar and Hannan for a future 1st and future 4th, that's not bad especially if we are paying Treloar 600k a season

jeemak
12-11-2020, 06:08 PM
That just about kills Treloar off as an option doesn't it? Unless the bridges have been burned.

If not they must be in a universe of pain, not just a world when it comes to their salary cap management!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-11-2020, 06:12 PM

Yeah I would think if that's the case, time for Sammy to pack his briefcase and head for the door.

whythelongface
12-11-2020, 06:13 PM

Sounds like bridges have been burnt. Wonder if they are beyond repair. Interesting 1 hour plus to come

Grantysghost
12-11-2020, 06:18 PM
It's possible with Treloar we are waiting for a revised Dunkley deal so we can on trade one of those picks for Treloar.
I'd assume we have a deadline for Essendon say 6:30 and beyond that we just deal directly with Collingwood. I think Treloar may still happen.

Happy Days
12-11-2020, 06:20 PM

Just noticed your sig. Fantastic stuff.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-11-2020, 06:21 PM
It's possible with Treloar we are waiting for a revised Dunkley deal so we can on trade one of those picks for Treloar.
I'd assume we have a deadline for Essendon say 6:30 and beyond that we just deal directly with Collingwood. I think Treloar may still happen.

If Phillips is going to Hawks I don't see Treloar going anywhere. If getting Phillips and Stephenson off their books hasn't gotten them out of the salary cap hole.... then holey dooley who has been managing their contracts????

ratsmac
12-11-2020, 06:40 PM
I'd like to see us doing some pick swaps soon for when the bids come for JUH instead of wasting time with dodo

bulldogtragic
12-11-2020, 06:44 PM
I'd like to see us doing some pick swaps soon for when the bids come for JUH instead of wasting time with dodo

We can continue pick trade beyond tonight. Which is why he needs us more, and we can keep Dunkley while taking the best pick swap deal after it. Interesting 45 minutes for Dodoro.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-11-2020, 06:46 PM

I think Sammy can walk and chew gum at the same time.
I am confident they have plans in place. I suspect Adelaide, just waiting to see what happens with Dodo to press the button.
If we've agreed with Adelaide then we've got up to and including the draft to do it.

G-Mo77
12-11-2020, 06:50 PM
I was kind of hoping we'd trade him. I'm not upset if he stays but kind of feel like he cheated on me and I'm kicking his arse to the curb.

Maybe in a holding pattern until we hit the 7pm prime time slot.

ratsmac
12-11-2020, 06:50 PM
We can continue pick trade beyond tonight. Which is why he needs us more, and we can keep Dunkley while taking the best pick swap deal after it. Interesting 45 minutes for Dodoro.

I think Sammy can walk and chew gum at the same time.
I am confident they have plans in place. I suspect Adelaide, just waiting to see what happens with Dodo to press the button.
If we've agreed with Adelaide then we've got up to and including the draft to do it.

Of course I actually forgot about that

GVGjr
12-11-2020, 06:51 PM
Just noticed your sig. Fantastic stuff.

I'm meeting Dodoro there tonight around 9pm :)

bulldogtragic
12-11-2020, 06:52 PM
Twomey saying we are still talking with Dodoro currently.

Axe Man
12-11-2020, 06:53 PM
Cal Twomey:

Josh Dunkley deal not dead yet. Essendon and the Bulldogs are back talking through trade scenarios with 45 minutes until deadline.

Rocket Science
12-11-2020, 06:53 PM
There's a cogent argument that Dunks staying + the Pies being stuck with Treloar is a win for us.

Not least of all because after all this piss and wind Dodo's left standing there with his d**k in his hand.

And we can all feel good about that.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-11-2020, 06:54 PM
Twomey saying we are still talking with Dodoro currently.

I don't think there's anyway we resist and make very strong pronouncements of the sort we've done all week only to drop our trousers now......surely.

comrade
12-11-2020, 06:55 PM
Hold the line Sammy, you maginficent bastard.

GVGjr
12-11-2020, 06:56 PM
Cal Twomey:

Josh Dunkley deal not dead yet. Essendon and the Bulldogs are back talking through trade scenarios with 45 minutes until deadline.

The only thing that upsets me about this is we should have had a deadline with Dodoro and we now must be considering a lesser offer
I still have confidence in Sam Power and I hope we keep Dunks but I think our resolve might be wavering

dadsgirl16
12-11-2020, 06:56 PM
Goodness this is stressful.. Do NOT blink Sammy!

GVGjr
12-11-2020, 06:57 PM
Hold the line Sammy, you maginficent bastard.

If we keep Dunks or make Essendon pay the full book and then secure Treloar then Sammy has done a great job

Sedat
12-11-2020, 06:58 PM
The only thing that upsets me about this is we should have had a deadline with Dodoro and we now must be considering a lesser offer
I still have confidence in Sam Power and I hope we keep Dunks but I think our resolve might be wavering
I'm hoping the other way around, and the Bombers are going to pony up more than they have offered thus far

Jeanette54

If you waver now Sam and settle for less, you will loose all the goodwill you have built up with Bulldog supporters.

The Bulldogs Bite
Anyone else stressed?

Calm my nerves Sammy!

bulldogtragic
Sam did the job on Adelaide & St Kilda last year. I have no doubt he does it again. We do it for a good trade, or we pass altogether. I've got a good feeling that we are about to call checkmate on the 'big clubs' soon.

GVGjr
12-11-2020, 06:59 PM
I'm hoping the other way around, and the Bombers are going to pony up more than they have offered thus far

Just what I needed to hear, I'm back on board :)

bornadog
12-11-2020, 07:04 PM
Anyone else stressed?

Calm my nerves Sammy!

Don't forget that dinner.

Come on Sam get us home.

ledge
12-11-2020, 07:07 PM
If we are still talking to the bombers, that seems like Dodoro has given in a little.

comrade
12-11-2020, 07:08 PM
Anyone else stressed?

Calm my nerves Sammy!

Well, no wonder you're nervous...you've got a Dodoro avatar hanging over your head!

bulldogtragic
12-11-2020, 07:10 PM
21 minutes. Plus over time. AFEL allowing emails from clubs with trades up to 7.30pm. So we won't know until maybe 8.30pm if we are involved with a 7.29pm club email trades.

The Bulldogs Bite
12-11-2020, 07:10 PM
Well, no wonder you're nervous...you've got a Dodoro avatar hanging over your head!

No kidding, he's making me earn this dinner that I'm paying for!

Sedat
12-11-2020, 07:11 PM
Bombers improved Dunkley offer slightly but not enough to get it done - Sam Edmund just now on SEN

PS - I've broken my SEN embargo for the last 30 mins of trade week

hujsh
12-11-2020, 07:14 PM
Bombers improved Dunkley offer slightly but not enough to get it done - Sam Edmund just now on SEN

PS - I've broken my SEN embargo for the last 30 mins of trade week

You are the hero we need but don't deserve

ledge
Bombers just got 29 for Fantasia ., 8 and 29 do it ?

bulldogtragic
Dodoro cracking. Fantasia traded for a big of Peanuts.

Jeanette54
12-11-2020, 07:15 PM
Just announcing we have continued to reject Essendon's offer for Josh.

bulldogtragic
12-11-2020, 07:16 PM
"Sam Power is a good negotiator. He gets what he wants." - SOS on trade radio, Sam's old boss.

ledge
12-11-2020, 07:18 PM
And he still has the Caldwell one he is chasing.

The Bulldogs Bite
No news on Treloar it seems.

GVGjr
Sammy should say to Dodoro, sorry mate I will be back in 5 minutes I'm having a quick catch-up with Jason about Caldwell

Bulldog4life
12-11-2020, 07:19 PM
"Sam Power is a good negotiator. He gets what he wants." - SOS on trade radio, Sam's old boss.

Love it

DOG GOD
12-11-2020, 07:19 PM
Can’t see the Dunkley and treloar deals being done.

Sedat
12-11-2020, 07:20 PM
Dogs working through Treloar situation - Sam Edmund just now

Sounds like we are all chips in with Collingwood for the final 10 mins

GVGjr
12-11-2020, 07:21 PM
10 minutes to go

Hopefully Sam can hold firm with Dunks

The Bulldogs Bite
12-11-2020, 07:21 PM

I think that was reported about 20 mins ago though wasn't it?

GVGjr
12-11-2020, 07:22 PM

We can probably afford to be a bit more flexible with this deal if we really want Treloar

Sedat
12-11-2020, 07:22 PM
I think that was reported about 20 mins ago though wasn't it?

Just heard it a couple of minutes ago on SEN

Grantysghost
12-11-2020, 07:23 PM
Pick 65 for Phillips. Hawks have hit the jackpot.

ratsmac
Now I'm nervous. I don't want to lose dunks and see the smug look on dodos face or every essendon supporters face

The Bulldogs Bite
Just heard it a couple of minutes ago on SEN

Interesting.

Cleary just mentioned nothing is happening re Treloar.

comrade
12-11-2020, 07:24 PM
Pick 65 for Phillips. Hawks have hit the jackpot.

It's very good value, but I don't think you could call any trade for Phillips 'hitting the jackpot' :D

GVGjr
12-11-2020, 07:24 PM
5 minutes to go
Could we learn a lesson from Ted Lasso? "Pace on the outside"

bulldogtragic
12-11-2020, 07:26 PM
Door still open apparently.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
12-11-2020, 07:27 PM
5 minutes to go
Could we learn a lesson from Ted Lasso "Pace on the outside"
It’s like the Mark Alvey fax with seconds to go

DOG GOD
This is why a trade WEEK is TOO long

G-Mo77
Door still open apparently.

Dorodo.

Happy Days
5 minutes to go
Could we learn a lesson from Ted Lasso "Pace on the outside"

We could learn from Ted Lasso and not trade one of our stud players so he doesn't absolutely dominate against us and send us to the VFL I reckon.

bulldogtragic
12-11-2020, 07:28 PM
Dorodo.

Maybe. Source is a text to Cleary.

ledge
12-11-2020, 07:28 PM
Talking Dodoro holding up the Cameron trade . How do you get 3 deals done and typed up in 2 min ?