PDA

View Full Version : Trade Dunkley

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

EasternWest
14-11-2020, 09:00 PM
First rule of fight club is that we don’t check post histories.

Garbage. I'm all over yours just waiting for my moment.

Happy Days
14-11-2020, 10:47 PM
Garbage. I'm all over yours just waiting for my moment.

I’ve got one of you saying you want to kiss Suckling on the mouth in the clip so do your worst.

AshMac
15-11-2020, 06:18 AM
Sorry if posted earlier, each time I check in there are 10 new pages of comments.... here is the 3 way deal put forward w pies and Essendon

Dogs: out Dunkley & 14. In Treloar, 26, 33. Future 1st and 3rd

Bombers: out 8 and future 3rd. in Dunkley

Pies: out Treloar. 26, 33 and future 1st. In 8 & 14

Sam Power was spot on turning this down. It’s a much much better deal for Essendon than they apparently offered us in the final 30 minutes of trade week.

ledge
15-11-2020, 07:07 AM
Sorry if posted earlier, each time I check in there are 10 new pages of comments.... here is the 3 way deal put forward w pies and Essendon

Dogs: out Dunkley & 14. In Treloar, 26, 33. Future 1st and 3rd

Bombers: out 8 and future 3rd. in Dunkley

Pies: out Treloar. 26, 33 and future 1st. In 8 & 14

Sam Power was spot on turning this down. It’s a much much better deal for Essendon than they apparently offered us in the final 30 minutes of trade week.

Dodoro obviously thought it would get through and would move into the other deals he had going, had no time to really work anything else because he left it to the last minute, through in a quick 1st and 2nd round offer and by then we were well into talks with Treloar.
His last minute pressure he likes to use backfired on him and that’s a massive kudos to Sam Power who knew we didn’t have to do anything so was busy doing the Treloar deal.
Had been honest with Dodoro saying two first rounders and stuck to it.

If I was Dunkley I would be steaming at how Dodoro offered him the world then dumped him like a hot potato , did I read Dodoro say he wouldn’t pursue Dunkley again ?
I’m backing Dunkley wouldn’t go anywhere near the bombers anyway after that.
We actually saved Dunkleys butt going to a culture like that.
I think the Saad leaving says a lot about the bombers.
Great salesman Dodoro but in reality the club is the opposite to what he is selling.

bornadog
15-11-2020, 10:08 AM
Dodoro obviously thought it would get through and would move into the other deals he had going, had no time to really work anything else because he left it to the last minute, through in a quick 1st and 2nd round offer and by then we were well into talks with Treloar.
His last minute pressure he likes to use backfired on him and that’s a massive kudos to Sam Power who knew we didn’t have to do anything so was busy doing the Treloar deal.

If I was Dunkley I would be steaming at how Dodoro offered him the world then dumped him like a hot potato , did I read Dodoro say he wouldn’t pursue Dunkley again ?
Great salesman Dodoro but in reality the club is the opposite to what he is selling.

Not just Saad leaving, but they lost a Daniher, a famous name at the club.

EasternWest
15-11-2020, 10:11 AM
I’ve got one of you saying you want to kiss Suckling on the mouth in the clip so do your worst.

I never knew my drinking had got that bad. That might be the wake up I need.

ledge
15-11-2020, 10:17 AM

I think his injuries were badly handled and he was only played the last few games to get some value or prove he could still play.
His first game back was a godsend for them, but he fell away very quick.
I have no doubt fully fit he is worth every cent but is that possible ?
Murphy mentioned a physio who got Daniher going great guns but was then released from the bombers and is now at Brisbane , said players get very close to those who manage them right and thinks it’s a part of the reason he went to Brisbane.

The Adelaide Connection
15-11-2020, 11:46 AM

Daniher kicking a double digit bag against his old mob is on my 2021 Afl wishlist. The meltdowns would be iconic.

azabob
15-11-2020, 11:50 AM
Daniher kicking a double digit bag against his old mob is on my 2021 Afl wishlist. The meltdowns would be iconic.

And Dunkley getting 30+ and kicking a couple of goals against the bombers also would be sweet

Vred
15-11-2020, 01:02 PM
And Dunkley getting 30+ and kicking a couple of goals against the bombers also would be sweet

God that would be nice to shut up the ''but he doesn't want to be there'' crowd.

macca
15-11-2020, 03:53 PM

It would be hilarious if Carlton comes in and offers anything Better. They are screaming for an inside mid , who can play foward and kick goals to help Cripps.

I hope Dunks or at least his manager knows the character they are dealing with in a side dwelling to bottom 4 side

AshMac
15-11-2020, 05:53 PM

Exactly right - clearly had no intention of stumping up the asking price but continued trying to waste our time. Sam Power by all accounts handled himself fantastically

Ghost Dog
15-11-2020, 06:14 PM
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/11/12/dodoro-lifts-the-lid-on-compelling-three-way-dunkley-offer/

“Contracted player and I probably would have done the same thing as well to be honest because he’s a quality person.”

Dodoro admits there are no ill feelings with the Dogs and Dunkley after the failed dealings.

“We worked really hard to try and get it done for him but unfortunately it didn’t happen,” he added.

“He’s going to have a terrific career at the Western Bulldogs and I’m sure that we can all move past this, but it is disappointing.”

And in other news Kane Cornes ( FWIW ) thinks we should have traded Dunkley

Should’ve traded Dunkley

“I think they did a great job through the trade period and they’re a better side now with Trelaor coming in, but Josh Dunkley is never going to be worth more than what he was yesterday.

“I think they should have dealt that player out that didn’t want to be there.”

Dear oh Dear Kane. Dunks ready to go, premiership player at a young age is worth far more than pick 7 and change Bombers proffered up. Show me a fresh pick that is going to get high 28 disposals a game during our premiership window. Have to get it done next year.

I'm calling it. 2021 Bulldogs Premiership! We are loaded with quality.

AshMac
16-11-2020, 06:36 AM
Jay Clarke reporting yesterday that Bombers did the right thing not stumping up next years first. Apparently a super draft and would be overs.

Quoted as saying; Dunkley still wants to get to the Bombers next year.

Happy Days
16-11-2020, 08:37 AM
I fully do not buy that he is so desperate to get to Essendon specifically. I think he wants to be a full time inside mid and that Essendon can facilitate that, but no way is he so enamoured with their club. How could he possibly be?

At the very least I expect some alternate bidders next year.

Vred
16-11-2020, 08:38 AM
I fully do not buy that he is so desperate to get to Essendon specifically. I think he wants to be a full time inside mid and that Essendon can facilitate that, but no way is he so enamoured with their club. How could he possibly be?

At the very least I expect some alternate bidders next year.

Dunkley was out having dinner with Bont, Wallis and Crozier last night, so yeah, doubt the hard feelings are there at all.

comrade
16-11-2020, 08:41 AM
Dodo mentioned Dunks father in the aftermath, so there may be a connection there that is influencing JD's decision making.

Vred
16-11-2020, 09:15 AM
Dodo mentioned Dunks father in the aftermath, so there may be a connection there that is influencing JD's decision making.

I believe the quote was that Andrew was present at negotiations with Essendon. How *!*!*!*!ed is that?

After the post by him on Bigfooty ragging on Bont and the Dogs, no surprise he was pushing this every step of the way.

comrade
16-11-2020, 09:19 AM
I believe the quote was that Andrew was present at negotiations with Essendon. How *!*!*!*!ed is that?

After the post by him on Bigfooty ragging on Bont and the Dogs, no surprise he was pushing this every step of the way.

I'm not sure that actually was AD, but it certainly seemed like someone close to Josh. Father/sons are a blessing but the flipside is the fathers sometimes get a little too involved or become critical of the club no doubt because they've 'been there and done that'.

hujsh
16-11-2020, 09:20 AM

Wait so Andrew Dunkley (right?) was on Bigfooty criticising his son's club and his son's best friend?

I'm not sure that actually was AD, but it certainly seemed like someone close to Josh. Father/sons are a blessing but the flipside is the fathers sometimes get a little too involved or become critical of the club no doubt because they've 'been there and done that'.

Ah so not necessarily the dad. Still interesting

1eyedog
16-11-2020, 09:22 AM
Wait so Andrew Dunkley (right?) was on Bigfooty criticising his son's club and his son's best friend?

Allegedly, yes.

Looking like we'll move Dunkley on next year, fair enough let's hope he contributes to a flag in 2021 and has a massive year in order to raise the stocks.

SquirrelGrip
16-11-2020, 09:22 AM

Are the Dunkleys trying to be the Australian equivalent of the Ball Brothers, with JKLD being the next Big Baller?!

Andrew Dunkley henceforth known as LeVar Dunkley.

comrade
16-11-2020, 09:23 AM

It's unconfirmed, but a post (now deleted) was made criticising Bevo and Bont. The poster's history suggests a connection to Dunks as they have only posted a few times and they've all been about JD (and all fairly critical of Bevo).

Vred
16-11-2020, 09:23 AM

After speaking with a BF moderator who can check peoples accounts and the credentials they use to sign up, I'll say, there is a reason why they deleted the posts very quickly. They were certain it was him and to stop issues they banned and nuked his posts + anyone who replied or posted referencing him.

jeemak
16-11-2020, 09:37 AM
Well if that's true, and if his brains were gun powder he'd not be able to blow his own hat from off his head!

The arrogance to think a deal would just get done and none of the commentary would possibly have consequences is next level.

Jeanette54
16-11-2020, 09:45 AM
That post was reposted as an image, of which I still have a copy, obtained from the Bomber forum. But I will not post it here because the Bulldog moderators removed it very quickly at the time. It was also reposted on the Bomber site. Safe to say it was a bit of a rant, highly critical of Bevo, and rather dismissive of The Bont. The sort of thing that gets posted after too many lockdown, late night reds.

hujsh
16-11-2020, 10:02 AM
So anything substantive to the rants or just smoke and baseless accusations of no substance?

Happy Days
16-11-2020, 10:09 AM
Didn't Luke Power used to go on Big Footy to clap back to posters having a go at Sam?

Maybe we all should've listened.

bulldogtragic
16-11-2020, 10:17 AM
Let's just say it's true that Josh will request a trade next year, for the sake of argument:

1. He's still under contract for 2022
2. Dodoro knows that we will not trade him for anything less than two good first rounders. We just went through that.
3. a) Josh stays in 2022 or
3. b) We get two good 1st rounders, so 3 in total, and have a large amount of cap opened and look at trade targets who need a fair bit of trade capital like McAsey, and also we can look at free agents in 2021 or hold for 2022.

I'm comfortable we sit in a very good position. Forget the noise. People love our club as their 2nd club. When we are successful and good things happen for us, everyone then hates us. We are obviously doing some goods things recently.

Twodogs
16-11-2020, 10:37 AM
Let's just say it's true that Josh will request a trade next year, for the sake of argument:

2. Dodoro knows that we will not trade him for anything less than two good first rounders. We just went through that.
3. b) We get two good 1st rounders, so 3 in total, and have a large amount of cap opened and look at trade targets who need a fair bit of trade capital like McAsey, and also we can look at free agents in 2021 or hold for 2022.

I'm comfortable we sit in a very good position. Forget the noise. People love our club as their 2nd club. When we are successful and good things happen for us, everyone then hates us. We are obviously doing some goods things recently.

I *!*!*!*!ing love it when everyone hates us. It's awesome.

mjp
16-11-2020, 10:38 AM
Should’ve traded Dunkley

“I think they did a great job through the trade period and they’re a better side now with Trelaor coming in, but Josh Dunkley is never going to be worth more than what he was yesterday.

That part is right though. Dunkley will never be worth more than he was in this year's trade period. If he leaves in the future (and it is an 'IF') then I suspect it will be through one of the Free Agency escape hatches.

comrade
16-11-2020, 10:45 AM
That part is right though. Dunkley will never be worth more than he was in this year's trade period. If he leaves in the future (and it is an 'IF') then I suspect it will be through one of the Free Agency escape hatches.

If he wins a Brownlow or gets AA in 2021 and requests a trade, you don't think Essendon (or another club) will stump up more than a first and a future second?

FWIW, I don't think we'll get a better deal for him again but I'm ok with it because sticking to our guns was worth more than squeezing out a few extra picks.

Doc26
16-11-2020, 10:52 AM
Dunkley will never be worth more than he was in this year's trade period. If he leaves in the future (and it is an 'IF') then I suspect it will be through one of the Free Agency escape hatches.

Whilst this is possibly true, the circumstances may be that a more suitable trade, for lesser value, becomes available next year. We simply don't know as yet who might be interested to join us as the season unfolds that better suits our needs. For one thing we will now have time on our side rather than being blindsided by Essendon and Josh with little time for us to plan it out.

comrade
16-11-2020, 10:58 AM
Whilst this is possibly true, the circumstances may be that a more suitable trade, for lesser value, becomes available next year, that is we just don't know as yet who might be interested to join next year that better suits our needs. For one thing we will now have time on our side, rather than being blindsided by Essendon and Josh.

I'd much prefer to be trading out a contracted player in 2021 because draft picks are worth A LOT more to us then, than they were this year. Teams were very reluctant to trade out future first round picks this year because of the uncertainty of the draft pool and the supposed talent coming through next year.

Bulldog4life
16-11-2020, 11:02 AM
We have traded our second and third round draft picks next year on Treloar and Hannan.

bornadog
16-11-2020, 11:24 AM
FWIW, I don't think we'll get a better deal for him again but I'm ok with it because sticking to our guns was worth more than squeezing out a few extra picks.

We sent a message to other clubs as well as our own contracted players - and I am more than happy with that.

comrade
16-11-2020, 11:27 AM
We sent a message to other clubs as well as our own contracted players - and I am more than happy with that.

Agreed.

GVGjr
16-11-2020, 11:29 AM

There was nothing wrong with the Essendon offer and I agree it was as good as it was likely to get unless he takes his game to another level.
The job in front of the club now is get him back on side and sign him beyond 2022

Vred
16-11-2020, 12:18 PM
So anything substantive to the rants or just smoke and baseless accusations of no substance?

To sum it up, Bont is an “ostrich” as he has his head in the sand and ignoring culture issues, Dunks was very unhappy with JJ and Bruce’s training ethic, and Andrew Dunkley hates Bevo.

about it really.

Mofra
16-11-2020, 12:58 PM

If he requests a trade next year he'd attract a first round pick, and change. The value of a 2021 first rounder is very different to a 2020 first round to us. We're getting our pick in 2020 (JUH) regardless.

I feel like standing our ground with a contracted player was worth a lot more than just draft points too.

I do think we'd let him go next year for a first and second rounder, and it will be interesting to see which clubs approach Josh next year. Essendon may avoid him next year and there are only a couple of suitors who would have the cap space & midfield need for him - North to ask the question if Cunnington's back doesn't come good?

bulldogsthru&thru
16-11-2020, 12:59 PM
To sum it up, Bont is an “ostrich” as he has his head in the sand and ignoring culture issues, Dunks was very unhappy with JJ and Bruce’s training ethic, and Andrew Dunkley hates Bevo.

about it really.

I thought it was mentioned somewhere that Dunkley had been upset with culture/training standards since 2017. Does he believe Bruce inherited this in coming to us? It’s also extremely laughable that he would think Essendon don’t have these problems let alone set gold standards. They’d be worse. He’d know what Stringer is like.

So much BS floating around this. Maybe even from the Dunkleys themselves. I’m not going to sit here and deny we have any issues. Our performances would indicate there are some standards not being met. However it wouldn’t be cause to jump ship and thinking no other club has these problems. He wants money. Leaders don’t bail because of such issues.

Also, I know it flies in the face of trying to keep him, but Dunkley should be demoted from the leadership group. How could the playing group continue to follow the example set by someone who wanted to bail? He can set an example on the training track but otherwise he shouldn’t be there in all honesty.

Bulldog4life
16-11-2020, 01:06 PM
If he requests a trade next year he'd attract a first round pick, and change. The value of a 2021 first rounder is very different to a 2020 first round to us. We're getting our pick in 2020 (JUH) regardless.

I feel like standing our ground with a contracted player was worth a lot more than just draft points too.

I do think we'd let him go next year for a first and second rounder, and it will be interesting to see which clubs approach Josh next year. Essendon may avoid him next year and there are only a couple of suitors who would have the cap space & midfield need for him - North to ask the question if Cunnington's back doesn't come good?

Agree with this. It could have been any of our top players. No deal while you are contracted sends a good message.

ledge
16-11-2020, 01:08 PM
Andrew seems a different dude and might be to controlling of his children , wasn’t David Cloke the same way ?
Sometimes parents need to let the children go and make decisions themselves and just be supportive.

It’s strange that we have never heard a player , even Stringer say bad things about Bevo.
And for Andrew to hate him is irrelevant he isn’t Josh.

Bulldog4life
16-11-2020, 01:12 PM
Andrew seems a different dude and might be to controlling of his children , wasn’t David Cloke the same way ?
Sometimes parents need to let the children go and make decisions themselves and just be supportive.

It’s strange that we have never heard a player , even Stringer say bad things about Bevo.
And for Andrew to hate him is irrelevant he isn’t Josh.

Do we know it was Andrew for certain? Like 100%. Or could it be a school kid even? I just don't trust BF and never go on it....even for a look.

ledge
16-11-2020, 02:05 PM
Do we know it was Andrew for certain? Like 100%. Or could it be a school kid even? I just don't trust BF and never go on it....even for a look.

I’ve never been on it or looked either im just going on previous posts , but one thing is sure he does get involved in things with his son eg not going to the swans.

FrediKanoute
17-11-2020, 12:27 AM
I’ve never been on it or looked either im just going on previous posts , but one thing is sure he does get involved in things with his son eg not going to the swans.

That Swans thing was weird. Any idea what happened? Definitely someone who can have a beef and hold it. Can't get why he doesn't like Bevo.....

jeemak
17-11-2020, 07:26 AM
That Swans thing was weird. Any idea what happened? Definitely someone who can have a beef and hold it. Can't get why he doesn't like Bevo.....

I think he was upset because he didn't get a job as kicking coach or something when he retired.

Here's a bit of an insight:

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/afl-news-sydney-swans-hall-of-famer-andrew-dunkleys-relationship-with-the-club-nonexistent/db848463-854e-4dad-b276-63ae5abccc28

Felt that he should have had a defencive coaching gig post retirement, moved back to Victoria and possibly became a little bitter.

bulldogsthru&thru
17-11-2020, 08:20 AM
I think he was upset because he didn't get a job as kicking coach or something when he retired.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/afl-news-sydney-swans-hall-of-famer-andrew-dunkleys-relationship-with-the-club-nonexistent/db848463-854e-4dad-b276-63ae5abccc28

Felt that he should have had a defencive coaching gig post retirement, moved back to Victoria and possibly became a little bitter.

Well there you go that makes complete sense. Like father like son. Wants something they perhaps aren’t quite deserving of yet and if they don’t get it they crack it and hold resentment. Now I agree Josh should never play ruck but if he wants to be "the man" for our midfield he still has some way to go despite being already decent.

jeemak
17-11-2020, 08:27 AM
I don't know what Andrew ended up doing post footy, though I could understand why his experience may lend to encouraging his kids taking what they can when they can when it comes to extracting value out of a footy career.

bulldogsthru&thru
17-11-2020, 08:45 AM
I don't know what Andrew ended up doing post footy, though I could understand why his experience may lend to encouraging his kids taking what they can when they can when it comes to extracting value out of a footy career.

And I totally get that. I’m more disappointed I guess because I thought Josh wasn’t like that. Being a leader of the club and by all reports an upstanding citizen I thought he’d be the loyal type. My opinion has completely changed with him but I won’t hold ill will against him. I suppose I had better get used to zero loyalty.

comrade
17-11-2020, 08:47 AM
The proposed 2nd trade period won't be going ahead, so Dunks is a confirmed Bulldog for 2021.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
17-11-2020, 08:51 AM

No. In fact the opposite is true. I hardly ever check BF out these days. But when I heard about this I went and checked it out.
There are some pretty average wanna be Sherlock Holmes on there, who think they've cracked the case based on a few very specious arguments.
Some senior moderators have come out and categorically said the posts were not from the Dunkley's.
I just don't think a fairly calculated man like Andrew Dunkley could be bothered engaging with a bunch of Big Footy numpties. AD comes across very much as a cards close to the chest kind of guy.

Grantysghost
17-11-2020, 09:17 AM
The proposed 2nd trade period won't be going ahead, so Dunks is a confirmed Bulldog for 2021.

It was laughable really. Clubs working to a deadline, possibly taking unders to get a deal done that they wouldn't have if there was a second period. You can imagine they'd be pretty peeved if they turned around and said, ah well that was just the first deadline.... PSYCHE!

Bulldog4life
17-11-2020, 11:17 AM
No. In fact the opposite is true. I hardly ever check BF out these days. But when I heard about this I went and checked it out.
There are some pretty average wanna be Sherlock Holmes on there, who think they've cracked the case based on a few very specious arguments.
Some senior moderators have come out and categorically said the posts were not from the Dunkley's.
I just don't think a fairly calculated man like Andrew Dunkley could be bothered engaging with a bunch of Big Footy numpties. AD comes across very much as a cards close to the chest kind of guy.

Thanks YHT.

Mitcha
17-11-2020, 01:34 PM
I have it from people within the footy industry that Dunkley Senior is a troublemaker and a massive pain in the arse so sounds as though Josh may be getting some bad advice from within the family.

bulldogsthru&thru
17-11-2020, 01:43 PM
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/11/17/western-bulldogs-confident-of-addressing-difficult-situation/

Well Josh certainly really wanted to get to Essendon. It's going to be an interesting season for him.

Bulldog Joe
17-11-2020, 01:52 PM

So that indicates that Andrew Dunkley is another casualty of the Paul Roos school of loyalty, where the only person that really matters is Paul Roos.

jeemak
17-11-2020, 03:24 PM
So that indicates that Andrew Dunkley is another casualty of the Paul Roos school of loyalty, where the only person that really matters is Paul Roos.

Well if you asked Paul Roos what he thought about that sort of comment he'd say Paul Roos.

Ghost Dog
17-11-2020, 04:17 PM

Excuse me. Mindfulness coaching is also an important compliment to :the modern day coach. Invoice #356 for 300k on the way. Thank you.:D

AshMac
21-11-2020, 02:44 PM
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/11/17/western-bulldogs-confident-of-addressing-difficult-situation/

Well Josh certainly really wanted to get to Essendon. It's going to be an interesting season for him.

God, there’s really no misconstruing the situation now. He genuinely wanted out - it wasn’t just an explore and cross fingers.

He’s never going to be worth more than he was this year; still think the dogs did the right thing holding Essendon to “the price”

bornadog
21-11-2020, 03:13 PM
God, there’s really no misconstruing the situation now. He genuinely wanted out - it wasn’t just an explore and cross fingers.

He’s never going to be worth more than he was this year; still think the dogs did the right thing holding Essendon to “the price”

He felt flat.......... because he didn't get the big bucks.

azabob
21-11-2020, 03:51 PM

I thought it was quite obvious he wanted out during the trade period.

KT31
21-11-2020, 07:20 PM
Dunks just on Channel 7 News, disappointed but Bevo has set his mind at ease.
Excited to be back and put my head down, work hard for the club.

FrediKanoute
21-11-2020, 09:41 PM
I think we as a club did the right thing. I would go the next step and play Dunks where he is best for the team. If that means that he has to share midfield minutes then so be it. It's a team game. Dunks was a passenger in the 2016 GF, a few moments, but he could easily have been Jong/Suckling/Wallis. He has grown into a player of immense potential, but he is not there yet. He has to beat Libba, Treloar, Smith, Macrae and the Bont for a midfield spot. If he does that then fine, but I wouldn't be upsetting an apple cart to accommodate him.

bornadog
21-11-2020, 11:37 PM
Josh Dunkley breaks silence on failed trade move from Western Bulldogs to Essendon (https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/josh-dunkley-breaks-silence-on-failed-trade-move-essendon-western-bulldogs-adam-treloar/e2d45329-19b7-4299-918b-1d1eb34f17b9)

Western Bulldogs star Josh Dunkley has opened up for the first time after his failed trade move to Essendon, vowing to fight his way into the Dogs' midfield mix.

Dunkley was one of the big names up for a move during the trade period, publicly requesting a trade to the Bombers, but his incumbent club held firm, rejecting an Essendon offer of pick 8 and a future second-rounder.

The 23-year-old revealed that he had spoken with coach Luke Beveridge since the trade period, and said he would put off talk on his future until next summer.

"In the back of my mind I knew that it was a possibility after coming out and asking to go to Essendon, but with all respect the Bulldogs really held onto me and made it a challenge for Essendon to get me," he told reporters.

"It's nice to be able to know that you are wanted at the club now. I let the dust settle a little bit and then caught up with (Beveridge), I actually drove out to his place. We had a good chat and I've spoken to him a lot through the process as well.

"I'll definitely put it all to one side (and) I think it'll be exciting to go back."

After Dunkley's manager Liam Pickering told AFL Trade Radio that his client's desire to move to Essendon was due to wanting more midfield opportunities, the Bulldogs not only held onto him, but added another midfielder in Adam Treloar.

While midfield minutes could be harder to come by in 2021, Dunkley revealed that he had already caught up with the Dogs' new recruit and vowed to fight for his spot.

You've got to really put your head down and work hard and that's what I'm going to do," he said.

"Last week when it didn't go through I was back at it the next day training and looking forward to what we can do in 2021."

ledge
22-11-2020, 08:11 AM
Josh Dunkley breaks silence on failed trade move from Western Bulldogs to Essendon (https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/josh-dunkley-breaks-silence-on-failed-trade-move-essendon-western-bulldogs-adam-treloar/e2d45329-19b7-4299-918b-1d1eb34f17b9)

Western Bulldogs star Josh Dunkley has opened up for the first time after his failed trade move to Essendon, vowing to fight his way into the Dogs' midfield mix.

Dunkley was one of the big names up for a move during the trade period, publicly requesting a trade to the Bombers, but his incumbent club held firm, rejecting an Essendon offer of pick 8 and a future second-rounder.

The 23-year-old revealed that he had spoken with coach Luke Beveridge since the trade period, and said he would put off talk on his future until next summer.

"In the back of my mind I knew that it was a possibility after coming out and asking to go to Essendon, but with all respect the Bulldogs really held onto me and made it a challenge for Essendon to get me," he told reporters.

"It's nice to be able to know that you are wanted at the club now. I let the dust settle a little bit and then caught up with (Beveridge), I actually drove out to his place. We had a good chat and I've spoken to him a lot through the process as well.

"I'll definitely put it all to one side (and) I think it'll be exciting to go back."

After Dunkley's manager Liam Pickering told AFL Trade Radio that his client's desire to move to Essendon was due to wanting more midfield opportunities, the Bulldogs not only held onto him, but added another midfielder in Adam Treloar.

While midfield minutes could be harder to come by in 2021, Dunkley revealed that he had already caught up with the Dogs' new recruit and vowed to fight for his spot.

You've got to really put your head down and work hard and that's what I'm going to do," he said.

"Last week when it didn't go through I was back at it the next day training and looking forward to what we can do in 2021."

Interesting read .. what do we get out of it?
My take is ... the Beveridge chat involved work harder and show me.
That he will see how things go this year then maybe ask to be traded again.
He is backing himself to have an exceptional year, which is a great sign.

bulldogsthru&thru
22-11-2020, 09:18 AM
Interesting read .. what do we get out of it?
My take is ... the Beveridge chat involved work harder and show me.
That he will see how things go this year then maybe ask to be traded again.
He is backing himself to have an exceptional year, which is a great sign.

It's hard simply reading into some words but the lines I noticed were:
"It's nice to be able to know that you are wanted at the club now." - Was there some sentiment he wasn't wanted?

said he would put off talk on his future until next summer. - Sounds like he'll try again next year.

"You've got to really put your head down and work hard and that's what I'm going to do" - Yeah this will be the ultimate test for Josh. I'm sure he's a very hard trainer but does he have what it takes to crack into our midfield which has suddenly become an even tougher task than it was before. If there were other reasons he wanted out other than simply the cash, then he's going to have to have an attitude change as walking away from problems won't get you far at this level. I'm sure in his chats, Bevo has drilled in that message to him. You won't simply be gifted games. I agree with FrediKanoute that Josh had a good 2019 but otherwise has been a bit of a passenger in the team. If he wants to be the main man then show it. He's yet to do that consistently and he's already behind 2nd year Bailey Smith. He's the last of our mids (Bont, Smith, Macrae, Libba, Treloar) that I'd throw a big contract at.

ledge
22-11-2020, 09:44 AM
Be interesting to see if the bombers come again and if they offer him the same next year.
They can’t really offer less or it seems they have devalued him and he will see it that way.

bulldogtragic
02-05-2021, 08:47 PM
I wonder where this for Josh & Essendon?

Josh playing the role he wants, and playing really well. And has a new BFF. Potentially contending here, rebuilding there.

Essendon is expected to come again, says Bains. Essendon currently hold Pick 4. Assuming they are coming again:

Would Dodoro offer Pick 4? Would Power take Pick 4? (Pushed out to 5 assuming Daicos gets bid top 4)

GVGjr
02-05-2021, 09:24 PM
I wonder where this for Josh & Essendon?

Josh playing the role he wants, and playing really well. And has a new BFF. Potentially contending here, rebuilding there.

Essendon is expected to come again, says Bains. Essendon currently hold Pick 4. Assuming they are coming again:

Would Dodoro offer Pick 4? Would Power take Pick 4? (Pushed out to 5 assuming Daicos gets bid top 4)

I still wouldn't trade him. I know there were plenty of supporters on here who's opinions of Dunkley change once he requested a trade but to me he makes other players a bit better.
Wasn't the offer last year a first and second rounder and we wanted 2 x first rounders?
Perhaps the shoulder injury lessons his value for suitors.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
02-05-2021, 09:30 PM
I think we hold firm again this trade period. He is an almost irreplaceable part of our team. We sure missed him Friday.
And then after season 2022 starts we offer him a new contract. I think he's a free agent end of 2022, after 6 years.
If he wants to leave then, we've got the option to match, or if the offer is that good reap a very high draft pick.

bulldogtragic
03-05-2021, 10:39 AM
I still wouldn't trade him. I know there were plenty of supporters on here who's opinions of Dunkley change once he requested a trade but to me he makes other players a bit better.
Wasn't the offer last year a first and second rounder and we wanted 2 x first rounders?
Perhaps the shoulder injury lessons his value for suitors.

I’m not trading him if I’m Sam Power (which I am) either. But it gets interesting if say Essendon had pick 4 at the end of the year and offered it. That’s better than picks 9 and a teens pick. Maybe some later 3rd round draft points added.

Say Daicos slips to 5+. We could offer Pick 4 and future Round 1 swaps (we go late teens into top 10) for Darcy Moore and Dunkley’s wage allows Moore’s salary.

Essendon: Dunkley
Collingwood: Two top 10 picks (with Daicos) this year, and holding a first for next year
Dogs: Darcy Moore, 3rd Rounder, upgraded into top 10 next year, still holding our 1st this year

Dunkley is incredibly important to us and I hope he sees his future here. But... if in this hypothetical Dodoro puts up Pick 4 (which I doubt he would, but he should) and a late pick, and there’s a player that makes us better down back, then it’s not just about draft picks which have some risk. We can change the player in this example, but I wonder whether the trade committee might not immediately dismiss the idea.

comrade
03-05-2021, 10:54 AM
I really don’t think we need to take on someone like Darcy Moore. He’s a gun obviously, but we can get someone cheaper (both picks and salary cap wise) to slot into that hole at CHB.

And doubly so if it involves trading out Dunks. He’s moved into irreplaceable territory for me.

bulldogtragic
03-05-2021, 11:03 AM
I really don’t think we need to take on someone like Darcy Moore. He’s a gun obviously, but we can get someone cheaper (both picks and salary cap wise) to slot into that hole at CHB.

And doubly so if it involves trading out Dunks. He’s moved into irreplaceable territory for me.

I agree, per my post. But if Dunks asks again and Dodoro offers Pick 4 - which is a pick quality we won’t see for a long time - is it a straight ‘no’ or if a high quality player hits the market worth about Pick 4, would we think about it? While I’m not in favour of trading him, Pick 4 wouldn’t be chump change.

The Bulldogs Bite
03-05-2021, 04:15 PM
I agree, per my post. But if Dunks asks again and Dodoro offers Pick 4 - which is a pick quality we won’t see for a long time - is it a straight ‘no’ or if a high quality player hits the market worth about Pick 4, would we think about it? While I’m not in favour of trading him, Pick 4 wouldn’t be chump change.

No guarantee with early picks though, plenty of examples of failed kids with very early picks. Carlton have a couple in Dow and SPS!

Happy Days
03-05-2021, 04:18 PM
Why would we trade Josh Dunkley to get a player who might end up as good as Josh Dunkley?

bulldogtragic
03-05-2021, 04:29 PM
No guarantee with early picks though, plenty of examples of failed kids with very early picks. Carlton have a couple in Dow and SPS!

I agree on that too. Essentially I think I’m asking that if

- Dunks asks for a trade
- Dodoro offers up Pick 4
(- JJ salary leaves too)
- A gun ready made player is wanting to come to us
- Pick 4 being the trade collateral to get the gun, the freed up salary secures them

I’m still in the don’t trade him camp. Especially Pick 8 or whatever it was last year. But if there’s an on-trade for a ready made gun, my reaction is to listen a lot more closely before shutting it down. Dodoro would still need to offer Pick 4 which I doubt he would do in any event. But the lower the Essendon first rounder, the more interesting things get.

bulldogtragic
03-05-2021, 04:33 PM
Why would we trade Josh Dunkley to get a player who might end up as good as Josh Dunkley?

I’m not advocating using the pick at all though. Rather what a scenario looks like if there’s a ready made gun that we couldn’t secure if not for the high pick and freed up salary. The better the pick, the better the on-traded player can be.

DOG GOD
03-05-2021, 05:16 PM

Is it CHB or more a FB we require Comrade. I’m all for Moore. Imagine him at FB, Naughton CHB and Keath the 3rd tall/interceptor. That would make Gardner/Cordy/young playing VFL where they deserve to be.

Grantysghost
03-05-2021, 05:18 PM
I’m not advocating using the pick at all though. Rather what a scenario looks like if there’s a ready made gun that we couldn’t secure if not for the high pick and freed up salary. The better the pick, the better the on-traded player can be.

So youre getting us Josh Kelly BT?

bulldogtragic
03-05-2021, 05:49 PM
So youre getting us Josh Kelly BT?

That’d be the like for like option, if Essendon finished with their current Pick 4 and offered it for Dunkley. Then Essendon get a player who (may) want to be there, we get a player that finishes his career with us and whose also a good mate of Bonts, GWS end up with three top 10 picks with two of them being top 5. Great for a rebuild or aggressive trade period for them. A scenario like that creates some doubt in my mind of not being prepared to trade. At least certainly has me thinking.

Whether it’s a like for like, or targeting a player type we need like Darcy Moore. There’s interesting things. But if Essendon wind up with a pick like 7-8 then no thanks. Using the pick on another kid. Also no thanks. But if Essendon’s Pick ends up being Pick 4 and there’s a mature gun to ontrade it for. Well, then I want Dunks to come out and sign, or come out and seek a trade again so we can work out the plan. I still hope we can sign him up soon, well ahead of his contract expiring.

Ozza
03-05-2021, 06:07 PM
Dunks has enormous value to Essendon.

The thing that Essendon DON'T do, is win the ball in tight and out of the centre. Dunks is as good as they come at this. Think they'll go hard again.

azabob
03-05-2021, 06:30 PM
Is it CHB or more a FB we require Comrade. I’m all for Moore. Imagine him at FB, Naughton CHB and Keath the 3rd tall/interceptor. That would make Gardner/Cordy/young playing VFL where they deserve to be.

So we stop goals, but with Naughton back, who kicks them?

The bulldog tragician
03-05-2021, 06:39 PM
I’ve always hated the title of this thread.

Dunkley had definitely gone up a level in the matches so far. I think i had him pegged as extremely tough but with limitations.. a poor kick, and slow. I noticed he only got above 20 possessions three times last year, and Friday night confirmed for me that he adds something really unique in our midfield. He makes the others look so much better - it was interesting that Bont, Macrae and Treloar were not at their best. I wonder how many smothers we had on Friday night without him?

As a person he went down in my estimation for the way he went about things but you’d have to say his attitude on returning to us couldn’t have been better. It would leave a nasty taste for me if having missed most of ‘21 with injury (recognise not from any fault of his own) and after all the ostentatious Treloar bromance declarations he renewed his request for a trade, but I hope we are able to sign him up before the end of season and preempt the speculation.

bulldogtragic
03-05-2021, 06:41 PM
Dunks has enormous value to Essendon.

The thing that Essendon DON'T do, is win the ball in tight and out of the centre. Dunks is as good as they come at this. Think they'll go hard again.

How hard, Oz?

Pick 4 (as of today), another pick, a player we want, or both?

bulldogtragic
03-05-2021, 06:43 PM
I’ve always hated the title of this thread.

Dunkley had definitely gone up a level in the matches so far. I think i had him pegged as extremely tough but with limitations.. a poor kick, and slow. I noticed he only got above 20 possessions three times last year, and Friday night confirmed for me that he adds something really unique in our midfield. He makes the others look so much better - it was interesting that Bont, Macrae and Treloar were not at their best. I wonder how many smothers we had on Friday night without him?

As a person he went down in my estimation for the way he went about things but you’d have to say his attitude on returning to us couldn’t have been better. It would leave a nasty taste for me if having missed most of ‘21 with injury (recognise not from any fault of his own) and after all the ostentatious Treloar bromance declarations he renewed his request for a trade, but I hope we are able to sign him up before the end of season and preempt the speculation.

I wasn’t here when this thread was started. Who would be so incredibly horrible to create this thread? I have my cyber rotten fruit ready to throw.

GVGjr
03-05-2021, 06:46 PM

If Dunks asks again it probably changes the mindset and we would have to consider offers.

The Doctor
03-05-2021, 06:55 PM
If Dunks asks again it probably changes the mindset and we would have to consider offers.

Sure we will consider offers. Two first rounders, same as last year, or stop wasting our time. Don't think our mind set will change.

jeemak
03-05-2021, 08:09 PM
I wasn’t here when this thread was started. Who would be so incredibly horrible to create this thread? I have my cyber rotten fruit ready to throw.

I've already been cyber bashed over this thread, it'd have to be rotten cyber durian to make an impact at this stage of the game!

Vred
03-05-2021, 11:51 PM
Would I trade Dunkley for Darcy Moore or one of Melbournes two 'twin tower' defenders? Yes.

Axe Man
10-05-2021, 10:20 AM
Josh Dunkley On His Future At The Kennel (https://www.triplem.com.au/story/josh-dunkley-on-his-future-at-the-kennel-174062)

Injured midfielder Josh Dunkley spoke with the Sunday afternoon team before his club's contest against Carlton, discussing his future and reasoning for wanting to stay with the Bulldogs.

After requesting a trade to Essendon in the off-season, Dunkley explains that he is pleased to remain with the club who have helped him through a difficult period after undergoing shoulder surgery.

"I feel like my future is settled ... I haven't even thought about anything later on in the year yet." Dunkley confirmed on the Sunday Rub.

Testekill
10-05-2021, 10:25 AM
It's weird, he's indispensable just based on how the midfield has come apart since he went out but he's also the player who I'd part with if it would let us secure a big fish.

comrade
10-05-2021, 10:27 AM
Josh Dunkley On His Future At The Kennel (https://www.triplem.com.au/story/josh-dunkley-on-his-future-at-the-kennel-174062)

Injured midfielder Josh Dunkley spoke with the Sunday afternoon team before his club's contest against Carlton, discussing his future and reasoning for wanting to stay with the Bulldogs.

After requesting a trade to Essendon in the off-season, Dunkley explains that he is pleased to remain with the club who have helped him through a difficult period after undergoing shoulder surgery.

"I feel like my future is settled ... I haven't even thought about anything later on in the year yet." Dunkley confirmed on the Sunday Rub.

Yet? Sounds like a bit of spin to me.

Grantysghost
10-05-2021, 10:29 AM

Or now Parish has come good Essendon have gone cold. When did I get so cynical.

1eyedog
10-05-2021, 10:29 AM

100%. It's all business for Dunks. Can't blame him.

Mofra
10-05-2021, 10:30 AM
It's weird, he's indispensable just based on how the midfield has come apart since he went out but he's also the player who I'd part with if it would let us secure a big fish.
Honestly, he's still in the "try really really hard to keep" category for me.

Trading is hard. A lot of trades don't work out. If you add "trade someone out to get someone in" the chances of both trades working in your favour drop dramatically.

If someone walks out or is a fringe player moving for more opportunity that's fine, but a best 22 player who is an example on and off the field... there really aren't many of them at every footy club.

Twodogs
10-05-2021, 10:35 AM
I've already been cyber bashed over this thread, it'd have to be rotten cyber durian to make an impact at this stage of the game!

You've been in cyber purgatory for a hypothetical question long enough I reckon.

bulldogtragic
10-05-2021, 10:46 AM
Yet.

Insufficient Intent
10-05-2021, 11:07 AM
Dunks has about as much credibility as Scotty from Marketing.

bornadog
10-05-2021, 01:04 PM

He is a big fish and still only 24 years old.

PS: Why did Jeemak change the title of this thread :D

Vred
10-05-2021, 11:15 PM
Word around the office is we've already offered Dunkley a new contract that eventually gives him VC role, few people on BF are reporting that.

Happy Days
11-05-2021, 10:09 AM
Word around the office is we've already offered Dunkley a new contract that eventually gives him VC role, few people on BF are reporting that.

Contracting leadership roles is stupid and it’s best served to follow an organic process. Look what happened with GWS and Coniglio (allegedly).

1eyedog
11-05-2021, 10:12 AM
Contracting leadership roles is stupid and it’s best served to follow an organic process. Look what happened with GWS and Coniglio (allegedly).

It's perfect and a great way to show him that we are investing in him. And, there is a spot open assuming Mitch doesn't get a look in and shops himself around.

Dunkley would be the perfect VC. What better drawcard than having the potential to Captain / lead your club on the field (which he would do at some stage). Smart move and it will resonate with Dunkley because he really cares about these things.

Grantysghost
11-05-2021, 10:23 AM
I guess the issue could be that others may outperform Dunkley as leaders, and following an organic democratic process are more suitable.
But because you've promised it through contract you are obliged to hand it to that person.
By all reports Dunks is a great leader, but I agree with HD and think it's bad practise.

soupman
11-05-2021, 10:40 AM
Yeah I'm another for the "don't hand out leadership roles in contracts" crew.

Either he wants to stay and thinks he can be a leader on merit or he doesn't.

Twodogs
11-05-2021, 12:01 PM
He was the vice captain last year wasn't he? Before he asked for a transfer.

hujsh
11-05-2021, 12:12 PM
He was the vice captain last year wasn't he? Before he asked for a transfer.

It was initially Hunter though I forget what we did after it was taken away

Grantysghost
11-05-2021, 12:14 PM

It was just left vacant from memory.

Twodogs
11-05-2021, 12:15 PM

You're right but Dunks was definitely in the leadership group.i can't remember what happened after Lachie shat the nest.

As I understand it the players vote for the captain and vice captain so it's not the footy department's position to promise anyway.

MrMahatma
11-05-2021, 01:39 PM
As I understand it the players vote for the captain and vice captain so it's not the footy department's position to promise anyway.

Yep.

I'm not sure big footy rumours are the best place to get intel from! But I do hope we've offered him a new contract.

Bumper Bulldogs
12-05-2021, 09:37 PM
WTF - tell me one organisational that hands out promotions or leadership roles that are not ear to or performance based. I’m bs king in that it will not be locked in stone but will be discussed and even dangled as a carrot. Not guaranteed by anyone.

This is high performance practice in high performance organisations in which we are one. Shoe by the great choices and direction of the leaders. We have not got the quality of people and results due to luck.

bulldogtragic
16-05-2021, 07:19 PM
This is how *!*!*!*!ing good Dunkley’s six weeks were, these are his current rankings across the entire competition who obviously have played up to 9 games. Despite missing 3 games of footy!! Time to sign him and Bonts.

Ranked 2nd in Handballs Per Game
Ranked 6th in Disposals Per Game
Ranked 17th in Tackles Per Game
Ranked 1st in Supercoach Score Per Game
Ranked 3rd in AFL Fantasy Score Per Game
Ranked 19th in Contested Possessions Per Game
Ranked 13th in Uncontested Possessions Per Game
Ranked 6th in Effective Disposals Per Game
Ranked 17th in Stoppage Clearances Per Game
Ranked 10th in Score Involvements Per Game

bulldogtragic
28-05-2021, 07:10 PM
Ralphy saying Dunks certain to be at the club next year and beyond, very happy with the club and players.

(Also, see the Libba Thread, we could announce two year deal with possible third trigger with Libba this week too)

EasternWest
28-05-2021, 09:00 PM
Ralphy saying Dunks certain to be at the club next year and beyond, very happy with the club and players.

(Also, see the Libba Thread, we could announce two year deal with possible third trigger with Libba this week too)

Questionable character and commitment though.

bulldogtragic
28-05-2021, 09:02 PM
Questionable character and commitment though.

Yeah, but we get completely ignore Dodoro for an off season. That’s good.

EasternWest
28-05-2021, 09:16 PM
Yeah, but we get completely ignore Dodoro for an off season. That’s good.

Dodoro's lunacy is one of the only things that makes the interminable trade week fun. You shut your mouth.

jeemak
29-05-2021, 02:14 AM
Dodoro's lunacy is one of the only things that makes the interminable trade week fun. You shut your mouth.

Yeah, he's the element that breeds the pantomime level outrage that makes it tolerable.

bornadog
29-05-2021, 11:41 AM

Don't worry, Dodoro will be aiming for another player no doubt, so the circus will continue.

Twodogs
29-05-2021, 06:27 PM
Don't worry, Dodoro will be aiming for another player no doubt, so the circus will continue.

Maybe he will offer Roarke Smith a million a year a year and can hit them up for a first rounder.

The Underdog
29-05-2021, 06:29 PM

Bailey Smith without a doubt.

1eyedog
29-05-2021, 07:07 PM

He's always loved JJ.

Grantysghost
03-07-2021, 10:19 AM
Dunks answers some questions here :

https://www.espn.com/afl/story/_/id/31722537/afl-josh-dunkley-western-bulldogs-cheat-meal-return-date-favourite-teammates-dream-job-footy

Looks like he's eyeing rd 18 v Suns for a return.

And this (may have been posted elsewhere) :

Do you see yourself playing your entire career at the Bulldogs?

Last year happened the way that it did, and while you can't really change any of that, for me, I know I've now had some really healthy conversations with everyone involved at the footy club about my future. I'm happy and I feel really settled at the Bulldogs.

comrade
03-07-2021, 10:24 AM
Dunks answers some questions here :

https://www.espn.com/afl/story/_/id/31722537/afl-josh-dunkley-western-bulldogs-cheat-meal-return-date-favourite-teammates-dream-job-footy

Looks like he's eyeing rd 18 v Suns for a return.

And this (may have been posted elsewhere) :

Do you see yourself playing your entire career at the Bulldogs?

Last year happened the way that it did, and while you can't really change any of that, for me, I know I've now had some really healthy conversations with everyone involved at the footy club about my future. I'm happy and I feel really settled at the Bulldogs.

I think that's as close as you'll get to Dunks saying he'll be staying but he's ever the pro and leaves some wiggle room.

bulldogtragic
03-07-2021, 11:21 AM
I think that's as close as you'll get to Dunks saying he'll be staying but he's ever the pro and leaves some wiggle room.

Should follow Joel Bowden into politics with an answer like that. But, that’s as close to yes as we could hope for. He’s going to have to back that up with a contract signature within 12 months though.

Grantysghost
03-07-2021, 01:07 PM
Should follow Joel Bowden into politics with an answer like that. But, that’s as close to yes as we could hope for. He’s going to have to back that up with a contract signature within 12 months though.

Last year happened the way it did (because, you know....my dad) I'm happy and I feel really settled at the Bulldogs (Parish is good now, they've withdrawn the offer). :cool:

AshMac
03-07-2021, 01:47 PM
I do wonder how much of last year was Liam Pickering pushing the agenda on Dunkleys behalf.

Still never forget him on the radio talking about Tom Boyd’s contract - “paid for my pool” he said then laughed arrogantly

HOSE B ROMERO
03-07-2021, 05:38 PM
Interesting listening to Jongy talking on Tom Boyd's podcast during the week. He commented that when you're long term injured it's hard to feel involved and attending team meetings. Whereas Dunks wants to be at the club all the time and raising questions at the meetings. A real leader. Can't wait for him to get back.

bornadog
03-07-2021, 05:56 PM
Interesting listening to Jongy talking on Tom Boyd's podcast during the week. He commented that when you're long term injured it's hard to feel involved and attending team meetings. Whereas Dunks wants to be at the club all the time and raising questions at the meetings. A real leader. Can't wait for him to get back.

When the new change rooms were built for the AFLW team (2019), I was invited to a function for foundation members and we had a tour of the new facility. Guess who was there with us walking around and viewing the facilities - Dunks

EasternWest
03-07-2021, 09:34 PM

Sounds like a guy of questionable character and commitment.

Twodogs
03-07-2021, 10:38 PM
Sounds like a guy of questionable character and commitment.

It's a well known fact that only trouble makers ask questions during meetings. The rest of us know that meetings are just something to be put up with and questions only extend them unnecessarily.

azabob
29-08-2021, 04:10 PM
Bump

EasternWest
29-08-2021, 04:36 PM
Bump

Lol.

bornadog
29-08-2021, 07:13 PM
Bump

Really

azabob
29-08-2021, 07:32 PM
Really

Nah, bad call on my part.

bornadog
29-08-2021, 08:43 PM
Nah, bad call on my part.

Emotion from the game day thread :D

azabob
29-08-2021, 09:02 PM
Emotion from the game day thread :D

Yes, yes it was.

I normally don’t post during the match but lockdown has got me doing bizarre things!

jazzadogs
29-08-2021, 09:10 PM
Yes, yes it was.

I normally don’t post during the match but lockdown has got me doing bizarre things!

It's hard not having people sitting beside you to vent with! Twitter and Woof have definitely got more of a workout during lockdown.

angelopetraglia
12-09-2021, 01:09 AM
I'm 100% sure he is so happy he isn't at the Bombers tonight. Off to the big dance again in the Red, White and Blue.

jeemak
12-09-2021, 01:19 AM
I'm 100% sure he is so happy he isn't at the Bombers tonight. Off to the big dance again in the Red, White and Blue.

I can change that if you want me to.

josie
12-09-2021, 08:05 AM
Not tonight, not tomorrow night, not in a fortnight and not during any trade period for some years, possibly for Dunks entire career.

And stop calling me Josephine.

bornadog
14-09-2021, 02:12 PM
From wantaway to Grand Final bound: Josh Dunkley on THAT trade request (https://www.afl.com.au/news/676929/from-wantaway-to-grand-final-bound-josh-dunkley-on-that-trade-request)

JOSH Dunkley would have been watching next week's AFL grand final in a rival club's colours if last November's stunning trade request had been granted. Then I read Jeemak's thread on WOOF wanting to get rid of me and decided, nope I am staying

The 24-year-old was seeking more midfield time and nominated Essendon as his preferred destination, but was ultimately held to the remaining two years on his Western Bulldogs contract.

"I haven't really thought about it too much ever since it didn't happen; I've just looked forward and tried to do as best I can for the team," Dunkley said.

"I've been on record saying I'm really excited for the future and things like that.

"But to be able to come back into the group and be embraced by everyone from day one of pre-season has been really important."

As Dunkley prepares for a shot at a second premiership - the Bulldogs to take on Melbourne in the September 25 grand final - everything appears to have panned out well.

He has played an important role in the midfield rotation when fit and formed a close bond with star recruit Adam Treloar, who added even more depth to the Dogs' strong on-ball division over summer.

But the 11-month period since Dunkley's trade move fell through hasn't all been smooth sailing.

He was sidelined after a shoulder reconstruction in April and played one match on return before being forced into quarantine after he unwittingly attending a COVID-19 exposure site.

"For me, it's been an interesting ride," Dunkley said, having played 14 games this season, including all three finals so far.

"I did my shoulder (in round six), came back in pretty quick time, 11-12 weeks, which I don't know if it's been done before.

"I felt really good in that Gold Coast game (round 18) and then I copped the two weeks quarantine at home.

"To be locked inside my house for two weeks certainly didn't help my preparation and all the work that I'd done post-shoulder surgery... now I'm starting to hit my straps again."

The Bulldogs have a massive injury concern with star midfielder Josh Dunkley hurting his shoulder in this collision

It's happening at the right time, with Dunkley one of up to nine players from the Bulldogs' 2016 premiership team set to chase more flag glory in this year's historic decider at Perth's Optus Stadium.

"We've just got to put our heads down and work really hard - the job's not done yet," Dunkley said.

"We've got to train really well, get together and enjoy the moment a little bit and when it comes to game day we'll work really hard together and hopefully we get that (premiership)."

Dunkley said he has not yet closely considered his playing future beyond his existing contract, which runs out at the end of next year, but expects some dialogue with the Bulldogs' hierarchy during the off-season.

azabob
14-09-2021, 02:31 PM
From wantaway to Grand Final bound: Josh Dunkley on THAT trade request (https://www.afl.com.au/news/676929/from-wantaway-to-grand-final-bound-josh-dunkley-on-that-trade-request)

Dunkley said he has not yet closely considered his playing future beyond his existing contract, which runs out at the end of next year, but expects some dialogue with the Bulldogs' hierarchy during the off-season.

What do you reckon BAD, you think he will stay or look to move at the end of 2022?

EasternWest
14-09-2021, 02:33 PM
Nice edit bad.

bornadog
14-09-2021, 02:48 PM
What do you reckon BAD, you think he will stay or look to move at the end of 2022?

Stays

jeemak
14-09-2021, 02:50 PM
Nice one BAD!

He's definitely going at the end of next year.

bornadog
14-09-2021, 02:51 PM
Nice one BAD!

He's definitely going at the end of next year.

2145 posts - you are just trying to get to 3000 :D

jeemak
14-09-2021, 02:54 PM
2145 posts - you are just trying to get to 3000 :D

No I'm not.

Grantysghost
14-09-2021, 02:57 PM
No I'm not.

Probably be quite the milestone though.

jeemak
14-09-2021, 03:15 PM
Probably be quite the milestone though.

It certainly would.

azabob
14-09-2021, 07:30 PM
No I'm not.

Yes you are

Twodogs
14-09-2021, 10:13 PM
No I'm not.

Yes you

Twodogs
14-09-2021, 10:14 PM
No I'm not.

are.

bornadog
22-09-2021, 10:55 AM
Liam Pickering

Josh Dunkley won’t be leaving the Bulldogs this trade period. Manager Liam Pickering guaranteed he won’t be moving this year. Says Dunkley will likely extend at the Dogs past current deal.

The Bulldogs Bite
22-09-2021, 10:58 AM
Liam Pickering

Great news.

bulldogtragic
22-09-2021, 11:10 AM
Great news.

The momentum we self generate from a public display of belief in what they’re doing is great. Would be nice for some others to it too and generate momentum.

jeemak
22-09-2021, 11:18 AM
Liam Pickering is working against getting this thread to 3,000.

Great news.

Happy Days
22-09-2021, 11:21 AM
Liam Pickering is working against getting this thread to 3,000.

Great news.

What’s great news?

Bulldog4life
22-09-2021, 11:25 AM
Stays

Agree. Can't leave his bromance behind.

jeemak
22-09-2021, 11:37 AM
What’s great news?

That he's looking likely to extend!

Happy Days
22-09-2021, 12:44 PM
That he's looking likely to extend!

Extend what?

1eyedog
22-09-2021, 12:49 PM
Extend what?

This thread

hujsh
22-09-2021, 12:52 PM
Extend what?

His contract. Did you read Bornadogs quote or are you making some other point? Or is this to extend the thread? Please reply to each point with individual posts.

ratsmac
22-09-2021, 12:54 PM
His contract. Did you read Bornadogs quote or are you making some other point? Or is this to extend the thread? Please reply to each point with individual posts.

bulldogsthru&thru
22-09-2021, 01:16 PM

Long way to go

bulldogsthru&thru
22-09-2021, 01:17 PM
To get to 3000

bulldogsthru&thru
22-09-2021, 01:17 PM
I mean

jazzadogs
22-09-2021, 01:21 PM
I can't see it happening.

hujsh
22-09-2021, 01:39 PM
Not with that attitude

Hotdog60
22-09-2021, 03:22 PM
I'll do my bit....

Mantis
22-09-2021, 03:29 PM
I'm here for it.

Axe Man
22-09-2021, 03:48 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/5ybhgPpn/5ntt0a.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

azabob
22-09-2021, 04:38 PM
In all seriousness though, is Liam Pickering doing the old look over there whilst I deal with Essendon in the background trick?

Mofra
22-09-2021, 04:39 PM
In all seriousness though, is Liam Pickering doing the old look over there whilst I deal with Essendon in the background trick?
Who else does he manage? Rhylee West or JJ?

azabob
22-09-2021, 05:20 PM
Who else does he manage? Rhylee West or JJ?

Dodo would go after West just for spite because they missed out on Scott West so often. Having said the maybe Scott West is dealing in the background?

Grantysghost
22-09-2021, 05:24 PM
Dodo would go after West just for spite because they missed out on Scott West so often. Having said the maybe Scott West is dealing in the background?

You'd think Dunstan would slot in nicely to the Dons.

jazzadogs
22-09-2021, 06:35 PM

He would still be disappointed he didn't get his 'new contract' commission last year.

EasternWest
22-09-2021, 06:55 PM
This is stupid and I won't be part of it.

Mantis
22-09-2021, 07:08 PM

Taking the high ground now?

You’ve changed.

Twodogs
22-09-2021, 07:29 PM

Me either.

Twodogs
22-09-2021, 07:30 PM
Me either.

Hang on. Part of what?

Grantysghost
22-09-2021, 07:50 PM
I'm confused at the moment can many people bring me up to speed S'il vous plaît.

EasternWest
22-09-2021, 08:23 PM
Taking the high ground now?

You’ve changed.

I won't be spoken to like that.

bulldogsthru&thru
22-09-2021, 08:23 PM
I'm confused at the moment can many people bring me up to speed S'il vous plaît.

What are you confused about?

Grantysghost
22-09-2021, 08:25 PM
What are you confused about?

Why Jeemak still wants to get rid of our Josh.

bulldogsthru&thru
22-09-2021, 09:36 PM

Does he really? I suppose he must if this thread is still going. Jeemak please clarify.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-09-2021, 07:40 AM
You'll each have this on your conscience if this dumpster fire of a thread makes it to 3000 posts... all of you.... All of you... ALL OF YOU!

EasternWest
23-09-2021, 08:46 AM
You'll each have this on your conscience if this dumpster fire of a thread makes it to 3000 posts... all of you.... All of you... ALL OF YOU!

If everyone stops replying the problem goes away.

Grantysghost
23-09-2021, 08:47 AM
If everyone stops replying the problem goes away.

Isn't that a little hypocritical though? I mean you're replying.

EasternWest
23-09-2021, 09:00 AM
Isn't that a little hypocritical though? I mean you're replying.

I'm only replaying as a PSA.

Mantis
23-09-2021, 09:05 AM
I'm only replaying as a PSA.

Why should we listen to you now when we don't listen to you ever?

EasternWest
23-09-2021, 09:19 AM
Why should we listen to you now when we don't listen to you ever?

It's a fair point.

That being said I'm not being drawn into this.

Good day to you sir.

Twodogs
23-09-2021, 07:43 PM

Because he's a trouble maker.

bornadog
09-03-2022, 04:49 PM
Here we go again

I heard similar’: Ex-Crow weighs in on shock trade claim surrounding Dogs star

Adelaide premiership captain Mark Bickley has aired information that suggests Western Bulldogs star Josh Dunkley could be weighing up a move to South Australia.

Dunkley’s contract expires at the end of 2022 and the 25-year-old requested a trade to Essendon at the end of the 2020 season, but ultimately remained at the Dogs.

He hinted earlier this month his future would be at the Bulldogs, but focus has been drawn to his partner, Tippah Dwan, an up-and-coming shooting star who was signed by the Adelaide Thunderbirds for the 2022 season.

Dwan played for the Queensland Firebirds in 2020 and 2021, but Bickley said he had heard word of a potential move by Dunkley at year’s end.

“I heard similar … which is around his girlfriend who is playing for the Thunderbirds,” he said on FiveAA.

“You wouldn’t be doing your job if you weren’t inquiring about that and if there was any suggestion that he was thinking about a move.

“We know that he wanted to leave the Bulldogs at one stage and go to Essendon. The Bulldogs wouldn’t facilitate it, they brought in Treloar and added to that mix, he’s not getting the same midfield minutes that he was when he first came into the team and had a couple of really cracking seasons.

“Absolutely both (Adelaide) teams could do with that style of player.

“He’s a good size, he’s 190 (centimetres), he can take a mark, he’s right in that age bracket. Both teams would be desperate to have a chat with him I would’ve thought.”

Dunkley is one of several out-of-contract Bulldogs stars.

comrade
09-03-2022, 05:15 PM
I for one welcome a bidding war.

bornadog
09-03-2022, 05:18 PM
A distraction we don't need

Axe Man
09-03-2022, 05:26 PM
His partner is from Queensland originally, probably has a 1 year contract and questionable job security in Adelaide. What happens when Dunks signs a 5 year contract at the Crows and she signs elsewhere in a year or 2?

Former teammate of Tim English's partner and Josh's sister. We really need our own netball team.

jeemak
09-03-2022, 05:54 PM
What's the statute of limitations re blame for this?

chef
09-03-2022, 06:20 PM
If he was going to sign he'd have done it by now imo.

GVGjr
09-03-2022, 06:25 PM

We will let you know at the end of the year :)

GVGjr
09-03-2022, 06:25 PM

Long bow Chef. I still like our chances.

Grantysghost
09-03-2022, 06:26 PM

Might be backing himself to have a massive year to bump up his value?
He wouldn't want another long term injury.

chef
09-03-2022, 06:36 PM
Long bow Chef. I still like our chances.

Been over 12 months since he wanted out and still no signature. I just dont see him staying.

josie
09-03-2022, 07:20 PM
If we are able to garner a good ruck and possibly a half decent tall backman by trading Dunks if he does not want to stay or asks to much then that might not be so bad. Could provide opportunities in mid for Garcia and West.

You’d think with Treloar bring his best mate he’d stay but who knows. Doubt the girlfriend’s ?1 year? contract in Adelaide is a big enough lure alone for him to play for Crows.

EasternWest
09-03-2022, 08:15 PM
If we are able to garner a good ruck and possibly a half decent tall backman by trading Dunks if he does not want to stay or asks to much then that might not be so bad. Could provide opportunities in mid for Garcia and West.

You’d think with Treloar bring his best mate he’d stay but who knows. Doubt the girlfriend’s ?1 year? contract in Adelaide is a big enough lure alone for him to play for Crows.

I'm with you, josie (and also our dear leader in the trade Dunkley game jeemak): Trade Dunkley.

Grantysghost
09-03-2022, 08:57 PM
There are netball teams in Victoria right?!

Go_Dogs
09-03-2022, 09:11 PM

It’s like murder, there arent any limitations.

comrade
09-03-2022, 09:25 PM

I think we’re too over balanced with mids and we can’t fit them in as it is, so we’re forced to rotate the likes of Bazlenka/Adz/Dunks through the forward line.

If we can turn Dunks into a quality ruck or another top line forward, we may be better off as a premiership contending squad.

bornadog
09-03-2022, 10:09 PM
His partner is from Queensland originally, probably has a 1 year contract and questionable job security in Adelaide. What happens when Dunks signs a 5 year contract at the Crows and she signs elsewhere in a year or 2?

Former teammate of Tim English's partner and Josh's sister. We really need our own netball team.

Don't forget Treloar's wife plays in QLD

azabob
10-03-2022, 07:30 AM

And Tim's in Perth?

Mantis
10-03-2022, 07:35 AM

And Tim's in Perth?

Adam has 4yrs remaining on his contract…. Tim & Josh are both out of contract at the end of this year.

Adam made the decision to sign with us knowing his partner would be living interstate… So that’s the difference.

azabob
10-03-2022, 07:48 AM
Adam has 4yrs remaining on his contract…. Tim & Josh are both out of contract at the end of this year.

Adam made the decision to sign with us knowing his partner would be living interstate… So that’s the difference.

I'd be surprised if Dunkley left Melbourne.

hujsh
10-03-2022, 07:54 AM
I know it leads to a lot of speculation, but how many players have actually moved clubs because their wife was playing netball interstate?

GVGjr
10-03-2022, 08:38 AM
Been over 12 months since he wanted out and still no signature. I just dont see him staying.

Don't get me wrong because I wish the deal had been done but I still think we will get him signed again.
At this stage for me the fact that we haven't got the signature yet doesn't mean we won't get it.

Go_Dogs
10-03-2022, 08:52 AM
If we are travelling well as a team, I’m confident we’ll get the signature. If there is a bit of slippage, maybe some extra $ another club could offer becomes more appealing.

Axe Man
10-03-2022, 08:58 AM
If we can turn Dunks into a quality ruck

Bevo already tried that. ;)

Mofra
10-03-2022, 09:00 AM

The netball season isn't that long is it? As I understand it, she's still living in Melbourne for the majority of the year.

mjp
10-03-2022, 09:41 AM
The netball season isn't that long is it? As I understand it, she's still living in Melbourne for the majority of the year.

...nor are the financial rewards for playing netball particularly great. I'm all for being a supportive partner, but if you are being paid $500k and she is being paid $20k, why exactly would you move states because she did?

kruder
10-03-2022, 11:15 AM

I reckon he is backing himself in early to add the extra $$$ to his contract with us.

jeemak
10-03-2022, 11:29 AM
...nor are the financial rewards for playing netball particularly great. I'm all for being a supportive partner, but if you are being paid $500k and she is being paid $20k, why exactly would you move states because she did?

Because you might be able to get an extra $50k to $100K by doing so!

bornadog
10-03-2022, 11:29 AM
I reckon he is backing himself in early to add the extra $$$ to his contract with us.

It is just another BS media story

jeemak
10-03-2022, 11:34 AM
I'd be really surprised if Dunkley didn't want to be the top inside midfielder at a club.

EasternWest
10-03-2022, 01:27 PM
I'd be really surprised if Dunkley didn't want to be the top inside midfielder at a club.

Liberatore can't have long to go. If we sign Dunkley (against your wishes) he's guaranteed that spot.

jeemak
10-03-2022, 04:06 PM
Liberatore can't have long to go. If we sign Dunkley (against your wishes) he's guaranteed that spot.

Depends how badly he wants that second house I guess.

Vred
11-03-2022, 05:11 PM
Depends how badly he wants that second house I guess.

Well those pictures he posted on Insta of him in a rented Ferrari driving around Adelaide might indicate he wants a second house pretty badly...

The Underdog
11-03-2022, 09:34 PM
A distraction we don't need

You're gonna hate the next 6 months then. Our players are going to be part of contract stories at least once a week...

bornadog
11-03-2022, 10:40 PM
You're gonna hate the next 6 months then. Our players are going to be part of contract stories at least once a week...

True with so many stars that need to be re-signed

azabob
12-03-2022, 01:00 PM

One on Bailey Dale today.

azabob
23-06-2022, 09:26 AM
jeemak asked me to BUMP this thread (really, not really)

In all seriousness; where do we think this will land?

Will

*Josh re-sign and commit his love to Adz Treloar and the dogs or
*Go join Jakey boy at sponge floor central at the bombers or
*Request a trade to another club?

Bulldog4life
23-06-2022, 09:29 AM
For me Josh re-sign and commit his love to Adz Treloar and the dogs. But then I am an optimist.

hujsh
23-06-2022, 09:35 AM
The add revenue from their Youtube channel alone would be worth more than any 'contract' he could sign with an AFL club. He stays

1eyedog
23-06-2022, 09:43 AM
100% going to the Bombres. The prospect of being Captain (a very real proposition), money and playing in front of huge crowds will be miles in front of staying at the club he won a Premiership with and where his best friend plays. Josh will put money and career before loyalty and friends easily.

Happy Days
23-06-2022, 10:11 AM
100% going to the Bombres. The prospect of being Captain (a very real proposition), money and playing in front of huge crowds will be miles in front of staying at the club he won a Premiership with and where his best friend plays. Josh will put money and career before loyalty and friends easily.

With my tin foil hat on I agree-ish and think not paying Dunkley is being factored in to our alleged pursuit of Lobb and Logue.

Jeanette54
23-06-2022, 10:21 AM
100% going to the Bombres. ..... Josh will put money and career before loyalty and friends easily.

If that is true then he is not the calibre of player that we want, but his on field efforts don't seem to support this. A friend once said to me, "If the words and actions differ, believe the actions". On that basis I think (hopefully) he will stay.

Grantysghost
23-06-2022, 10:31 AM
I'm 70 percent stay.

comrade
23-06-2022, 11:01 AM
With my tin foil hat on I agree-ish and think not paying Dunkley is being factored in to our alleged pursuit of Lobb and Logue.

If losing Dunks allows us to fill major holes with Lobb and Logue, when do we book Josh’s Uber to Tullamarine?

GVGjr
23-06-2022, 11:14 AM

Dunkley doesn't exhibit a captains image or attitude from my perspective. Leadership yes, but not necessarily the captain.
I hope we can keep him and add others to the list.

I also hope he doesn't have those selfish attributes you have detailed.

Happy Days
23-06-2022, 11:23 AM
If losing Dunks allows us to fill major holes with Lobb and Logue, when do we book Josh’s Uber to Tullamarine?

I mean, I take your point but I think Dunkley is a considerably better player than those two. Would be a big blow to lose him, especially given the age profile of our mids probably needing a guy at his age to be a lead horse when Bont and Macrae are winding down.

But - if we can somehow get Dunkley to Essendon and leave with their pick 3, and get Logue and Lobb in, all for the same money? The lid is never getting put back on.

Bulldog4life
23-06-2022, 12:30 PM
Libba can't go on forever. We need Dunks to stay. Will only get better too.

GVGjr
23-06-2022, 12:44 PM

That's an excellent point and one more injury would really start to test the depth.
We all understand the need to give something good to get something good and address any gaps, but does that mean it would be Dunks.
What would we get in return for him leaving? Would we get a first round compensation if a deal couldn't be struck or could we talk a team into a 1st and 2nd rounder?

Axe Man
23-06-2022, 12:53 PM
That's an excellent point and one more injury would really start to test the depth.
We all understand the need to give something good to get something good and address any gaps, but does that mean it would be Dunks.
What would we get in return for him leaving? Would we get a first round compensation if a deal couldn't be struck or could we talk a team into a 1st and 2nd rounder?

Dunkley isn't a free agent.

jeemak
23-06-2022, 01:53 PM

Dunkley doesn't exhibit a captains image or attitude from my perspective. Leadership yes, but not necessarily the captain.

I don't think putting your professional career and the chance of captaining a club is selfish. Especially if it can get that second house for you.

Dunkley might also argue that given Bont was always the logical captain any aspirations he may have had in that space were snuffed out before he even arrived at the club.

Sure he's difficult to like sometimes and seems like a bit of a square, but he'd probably be a pretty good captain.

hujsh
23-06-2022, 02:01 PM
I don't think putting your professional career and the chance of captaining a club is selfish. Especially if it can get that second house for you.

Dunkley might also argue that given Bont was always the logical captain any aspirations he may have had in that space were snuffed out before he even arrived at the club.

Sure he's difficult to like sometimes and seems like a bit of a square, but he'd probably be a pretty good captain.

He kind of feels like a 2IC honestly. Just the vibe I get para-socially.

1eyedog
23-06-2022, 04:18 PM

He's going to Essendon though, yeah? And besides, there was strong speculation the Captaincy was part of the last package. Maybe that's changed.

Grantysghost
23-06-2022, 04:36 PM

Swans didn't want him and he wants to leave the team that did that he won a premiership with.

He's not sentimental thats for sure and his very strange relationship with Treloar won't be a factor in his decision.

It will be the cold hard.

I still think he will stay (he hasn't rucked once he wins) but no shock if he doesn't.

DOG GOD
23-06-2022, 04:39 PM
Dunks will stay…he won’t leave Adz

Grantysghost
23-06-2022, 04:47 PM
Dunks will stay…he won’t leave Adz

His GF is interstate.

josie
23-06-2022, 05:19 PM
For me B Smith (if he can control his temper) is a potential captain in waiting and before him I’d say Naughty who loves the club and speaks well. Not sure either would want captaincy and who knows what goes on behind closed doors but both seem respected and loved and both seem to offer leadership on the field. Tim speaks well too & is clearly and intelligent fella, so if he stays on after 2 years when he is a free agent he is possibly another captain candidate. I think Dunks has done his dash regarding captaincy with the Bombre fiasco a few years ago.

Perhaps a new thread is warranted about potential future club leaders incl. Captain role?

GVGjr
23-06-2022, 05:49 PM
He's going to Essendon though, yeah? And besides, there was strong speculation the Captaincy was part of the last package. Maybe that's changed.

Is that still a strong rumor? Has any player of Dunkley's ability gone to a club as the captain?
Mind you I never really rated Ward to be a potential captain and he has stood the test of time.

WBFC4FFC
23-06-2022, 07:28 PM

West is a ready-made replacement for the midfield role, given the similarities of his game to Libba and Dunks.

Good on West for being able to make the Seniors forward of the ball currently.

The Underdog
23-06-2022, 09:24 PM
West is a ready-made replacement for the midfield role, given the similarities of his game to Libba and Dunks.

Good on West for being able to make the Seniors forward of the ball currently.

West hasn’t re-signed past this year. Are we sure he’s going to be with us next year?