PDA

View Full Version : Always Right Match Committee thread Rd 13 vs Melbourne 2020

Pages : 1 [2]

Dry Rot
21-08-2020, 08:17 PM
I didn't see how Garcia could be named as an emergency. That's a huge encourgement for his rehab work

Agreed.

Do you see Garcia getting a game this year? If so, what position?

Have read good stuff about his attitude. Imagine a player combining Stringer's size and talent, and Garcia's attitude?

Dry Rot
21-08-2020, 08:18 PM
Was Suckling available? If so, maybe his absence tells us something.

MrMahatma
21-08-2020, 08:37 PM
That’s pretty close to best 22. Can debate the fringes but that looks solid.

Should win.

The Pie Man
21-08-2020, 09:10 PM
Quickest our forward line has looked in quite some time.

Rocket Science
21-08-2020, 09:46 PM
Hard not to peruse those INS and feel anything but bullish.

Feels weird man.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
21-08-2020, 09:55 PM

Feels weird man.

If we stuff this, it's going to let us know exactly where we are this year.

jeemak
21-08-2020, 10:10 PM

Nah. Bevo said he's pretty much amongst the first pick for inclusion in the backline when available......he's highly rated internally.

jeemak
21-08-2020, 10:11 PM

Feels weird man.

It's amazing how a MC can go from being completely crazy to not crazy, right!

Rocket Science
21-08-2020, 10:18 PM
If we stuff this, it's going to let us know exactly where we are this year.

I fear we already know but we have an opportunity to demonstrate we're capable of more than what we've shown.

That said freakin Carlton overtook us tonight, albeit on percentage, and they have games to come against Sydney, Adelaide and a very wobbly Collingwood who just lost Sidebottom for the year.

We've just got to get it done.

soupman
21-08-2020, 10:45 PM
Wow this is genuinely exciting.

This is pretty close to the forward line mix I want. Just one deep forward type left in Wallis, which is good. I don't know if Cavarra is any good but I want that crumbing type in so he is it. Bruce and Naughton the talls, the rest that rotate through all have something different about them and importantly xcan push up to the wing and help link the forwardline up with the rest of the side.

Do we keep Richards down back? I'd guess we were pretty happy with JJ's form down there this season (three kicks vs Port aside) so I guess he slots back in and Richards plays further up again, but we do love throwing guys around so wouldn't be surprised if we play JJ as a high forward.

As time goes on I am more and more optimistic about this. I don't really rate Melbourne, we are coming in not as big favourites so have a bit to prove, we have a good balanced lineup and their biggest threat (well maybe second biggest seeing as Petracca is playing) is out which means English *should* have a generally positive game of not getting killed.

bornadog
21-08-2020, 11:21 PM

Feels weird man.

Helps when you get injured players back. No excuses, this is a must win

FrediKanoute
22-08-2020, 12:35 AM
Totally agree. Lloyd has been hugely underwhelming this year, even taking his injury into account. Surprised about Dale, but the forward line structure feels pretty good.

His output hasn't been there. He has had an indifferent season really compared to where he was tail end of last year.

GVGjr
22-08-2020, 01:55 AM
Agreed.

Do you see Garcia getting a game this year? If so, what position?

Have read good stuff about his attitude. Imagine a player combining Stringer's size and talent, and Garcia's attitude?

Garcia believe he will be a high half forward or pressure forward.
He's obviously impressing the right people

GVGjr
22-08-2020, 01:57 AM
He was a test not available for this game. I wouldn't read anything into that

Bumper Bulldogs
22-08-2020, 12:23 PM
Wow this is genuinely exciting.

Do we keep Richards down back? I'd guess we were pretty happy with JJ's form down there this season (three kicks vs Port aside) so I guess he slots back in and Richards plays further up again, but we do love throwing guys around so wouldn't be surprised if we play JJ as a high forward.

Is it now time, with the improvement in Williams we can move Daniel up on the half forward line and leave Richards on the back flank. This would give us 4 speedters coming on halfback in Crozier, JJ, Williams and Richard's. then we get the huge benefit of quality ball from Bont and Daniel to the forwards........I should have been a coach I recon.

bulldogsthru&thru
26-08-2020, 01:19 PM
Garcia believe he will be a high half forward or pressure forward.
He's obviously impressing the right people

I did a bit of reading on Riley and seems he's an inside mid. An absolute bull of one. Seems to be one of the most intense, hard-at-it players to play the game. His pressure would certainly be a welcome addition to our side, but his forward craft is somewhat lacking.

https://afl.draftcentral.com.au/player/riley-garcia/

Axe Man
26-08-2020, 01:26 PM
I did a bit of reading on Riley and seems he's an inside mid. An absolute bull of one. Seems to be one of the most intense, hard-at-it players to play the game. His pressure would certainly be a welcome addition to our side, but his forward craft is somewhat lacking.

Sounds similar to West. The issue is his lack of size makes it difficult to be an inside bull at AFL level. He is going to need some other strings to his bow you would think.

GVGjr
26-08-2020, 02:37 PM

I was fortunate enough to have a chat with both Riley and Cody and he very much see's himself as a high have forward who applies some pressure to the opposition defenders.
Having said that what young player really care that much about where they are played :)

bulldogsthru&thru
26-08-2020, 03:32 PM
I was fortunate enough to have a chat with both Riley and Cody and he very much see's himself as a high have forward who applies some pressure to the opposition defenders.
Having said that what young player really care that much about where they are played :)

That's good to hear. Reading the draft reports he certainly has all the tools to make it as that sort of player. I suppose it's just the goal sense but by the sounds of it the skills are there so he can work on it.