PDA

View Full Version : 3 things you have learned - RD 18 v Fremantle 2020

GVGjr
20-09-2020, 06:17 PM
The final game of the home and away season

Lets hear the three things you have learned during our round 18 game vs Fremantle

mjp
20-09-2020, 09:46 PM
Can I go with one thing?

1/. When Richards is the deepest forward and he plays from behind, it is very upsetting for my whippets.

Other stuff I think I already knew - including the fact that overall we have given great effort for 506 weeks now.

Testekill
20-09-2020, 09:52 PM
1. The rumours of Libba's demise earlier this year were greatly exaggerated.

2. During a season where everyone is struggling to cover the ground, Hunter still looks fresh.

3. English is a ruck support away from being one of the more dangerous talls in the league.

1eyedog
20-09-2020, 09:53 PM
1. Roarke can skate, surf and play footy.

2. Libba has a Bulldog's radar on top of his head in close.

1. Bevo went full rogue tonight with positional changes post-Naughton injury. Never seen him do anything like it before.

bornadog
20-09-2020, 09:53 PM
1. Bevo adapting players and players following rules - Bevo not your ordinary coach
2. Keath and Bruce have made a big difference
3. Libba Libba Libba

BornInDroopSt'54
20-09-2020, 10:29 PM
1. Hunter is 183 cm, I thought he was shorter but his willpowering his legs to cover ground is incredible.
2. Bailey Smith has elite composure when in possession.
3. Daniel has incredible hands and needs less time to process the pill just like he needs less space.

GVGjr
20-09-2020, 10:34 PM
1) The AFL has to be congratulated for getting the AFL home and away season completed (well one game to go)
A huge logistics exercise and they've negotiated what they could with state governments

2) The Bulldogs club should be congratulated for making the finals and getting through the season with minimal issues
Sam Power and the footy department have kept on top of their covid duties

3) Lachlan Hunter has shown an incredible level of resilience to work though his challenges and still make a huge contribution to us on the field.

The bulldog tragician
20-09-2020, 10:39 PM
1. Roarke Smith, journeyman, whipping boy, desperately unlucky player, may have finally arrived and I couldn’t be happier for him.

2. Libba is our most important player behind Bont; when he’s fit, he’s a joy to watch.

3. Lachie Hunter has shown steel to come back from a foolish mistake, mental health worries and rumours he wanted out to play his heart out for us. We underrate him but his work rate is second to none.

The Bulldogs Bite
20-09-2020, 10:55 PM
1. Libba is still absolutely elite. I questioned him at the start of the season and thankfully he has had a fantastic year and reminded everyone of how good he is. Love to see him donor in another big finals series.

2. English really is a handful when he pushes forward from the ruck contest. Needs to do this against the better sides but he has a nice blend of drifting back and pushing forward. Just hope he doesn't get spooked by better rucks in the finals.

3. We still don't quite have the balance right. Too many defenders saw Crozier start forward and he really struggled. Is Cordy forward the answer, even if we have Naughton/Bruce?

westbulldog
20-09-2020, 11:03 PM
!. The coaching moves were daring and inventive for a change so kudos to Bevo and the coaching group.
2. Zaine Cordy is not a defender.
3. Haydyn Crozier is a defender.

macca
20-09-2020, 11:10 PM
1. Caleb has to be in all australian form? His been tagged 3 out of the last 4 weeks. Kicked a beauty in the last term
I see he could play a number of roles if we have the right mix, off half back , on the wing and pinch as a small fwd

2. Josh Bruce has value hitting packs . Cannot questions his aggression and effort

3. Bevo will confuse teams with the positional changes. Not sure if can get away with it against teams in the TOP 4

4. I love seeing the best in Libba . He makes us stronger , harder and more mongrel in our team

AshMac
20-09-2020, 11:13 PM
1. Ending Melbournes season is almost as enjoyable as extending ours
2. Intensity and effort was there all night, however our general skill errors, ineffective tackles and Horrible F50 entries will be severely punished from here on
3. As Bevo said in his presser - "from here we have nothing to lose" and I'm excited to see what were capable of with that mentality

Sedat
20-09-2020, 11:38 PM
1. Ending Melbournes season is almost as enjoyable as extending ours
Payback for 2005 and 1987. Yes, I have a long memory.

Eastdog
20-09-2020, 11:42 PM
Payback for 2005 and 1987. Yes, I have a long memory.

2005 definitely. In 1987 were we still a chance to make it?

angelopetraglia
20-09-2020, 11:51 PM
2005 definitely. In 1987 were we still a chance to make it?

Yes. If we won the last game against Melbourne we were in. Watched that game sitting in the EJ Whitten stand. Unbelievable last round.

bornadog
20-09-2020, 11:55 PM
Yes. If we won the last game against Melbourne we were in. Watched that game sitting in the EJ Whitten stand. Unbelievable last round.

I was standing in front of the EJ Whitten stand

Twodogs
20-09-2020, 11:57 PM

Best H&A game I've ever seen, just pulsating. Flower was huge in the second half. Never seen a bloke want to win a game so much.

The bulldog tragician
20-09-2020, 11:59 PM
Best H&A game I've ever seen, just pulsating. Flower was huge in the second half. Never seen a bloke want to win a game so much.

The Dees fans certainly had difficulty locating the Western Oval.

I felt at the time we choked (we were normally so hard to beat there) but my memory is hazy...

Twodogs
21-09-2020, 12:27 AM
The Dees fans certainly had difficulty locating the Western Oval.

I felt at the time we choked (we were normally so hard to beat there) but my memory is hazy...

Nobody was going to take the finals spot away from Robert Flower that day. I think we were 3 goals up halfway through the third quarter though.

DOG GOD
21-09-2020, 08:27 AM
1. I love watching Libba play. By far our MVP.
2. We need to show hunger and desperation for all the game if we are a chance this year.
3. Lewis Young would be a better swingman than Cordy

SonofScray
21-09-2020, 10:22 AM
1. Bevo has a couple of tricks up his sleeve. Keath and Cordy forward after Naughton went down was, for mine, his most impressive coaching decision since 2016.

2. Bruce is threatening to perform at a high level when it matters. 3 weeks now he has started to get his hands on the ball, up on his toes more often than not. Still fumbling a lot, but his presence is starting to be felt. I'm all aboard the wagon with him from here on in.

3. Lipinski was absolutely the right inclusion for McLean. Match selection finally made some sense.

Mofra
21-09-2020, 10:25 AM
1. Roarke Smith just earned a contract extension

2. Bevo threw the magnets around and it worked - Daniel and Keath forward was brave coaching

3. "Don't handball to a ruckman" doesn't apply to Tim English

Bulldog4life
21-09-2020, 01:28 PM
I was standing in front of the EJ Whitten stand

I was in the Footscray Mail's box getting drunk.

Bulldog4life
21-09-2020, 01:34 PM
1. Caleb Daniel can play anywhere.
2. Bevo wanting all his players to have the ability play in more the one position is ideal in games like on Sunday.
3. Congrats to Bevo for seeing something in Roarke & Ryan that not many on Woof saw.

1eyedog
21-09-2020, 01:37 PM

That was a great game. Flower was my favourite non-Bulldog's player.

ratsmac
21-09-2020, 06:56 PM
1. Gardner playing within his limitations. Dale Morris like game yesterday in the sense that he concentrated on the 1%ers. He had 10 1%ers, the most on the ground by a fair way. Never looked out of place like he has in the past.

2. Rourke has flair. Took the game on to make something happen and it did. I'm positive he shanked that kick and lucky he hit Hunter's chest but at least he wasn't predictable like defenders like.

3. Seeing the look on Wallis' face after the siren made my heart sink. That's not how the script was meant to play out in his 150th. You could see he was really concerned about that shoulder. Surely the footy gods aren't that cruel to rule him out of the finals. He wears his heart on his sleeve and you can see how much this means to him.

GetDimmaBack
21-09-2020, 11:04 PM
Starting to think Astro is a little bit injury prone :confused:

Roarke is the epitome of persistence

J Bruce may be coming good at the right time of the season

Twodogs
21-09-2020, 11:05 PM
That was a great game. Flower was my favourite non-Bulldog's player.

Yep. He was great to watch. Unique set of skills.

FrediKanoute
21-09-2020, 11:17 PM
1. LIbba - whilst I always knew this, yesterday was an amazing performance. 41 pressure acts

2. Smith - who knew the guy could sell candy that well. His 1%'ers yesterday were fantastic. Smart use of the footy, great positioning

3. We can play desperate football when we need to.

BornInDroopSt'54
23-09-2020, 11:21 AM

Saw it from the Doug Hawkins wing. We looked like we'd win. In the last quarter Dees and their fans had incredible belief as if they knew something we didn't. I called it an historical imperative.

bornadog
23-09-2020, 12:38 PM
Saw it from the Doug Hawkins wing. We looked like we'd win. In the last quarter Dees and their fans had incredible belief as if they knew something we didn't. I called it an historical imperative.

I was furious after that game, we let it slip away in the last. I was with a Melbourne supporting mate and could hardly even congratulate him.

Bulldog4life
24-09-2020, 11:57 AM
I was furious after that game, we let it slip away in the last. I was with a Melbourne supporting mate and could hardly even congratulate him.

Going to a game with an opposition supporter can be awkward. Personally I don't like it.

Vred
24-09-2020, 12:04 PM
Going to a game with an opposition supporter can be awkward. Personally I don't like it.

I’ve already told my collingwood mad partner that if at any point we play together in the finals she is banished from the house to her mothers until the next day. Doubt I could put up with her if Collingwood won.

1eyedog
24-09-2020, 12:23 PM

Yeah it's not cool I don't like anyone enough for that.

Bulldog4life
24-09-2020, 01:36 PM
I’ve already told my collingwood mad partner that if at any point we play together in the finals she is banished from the house to her mothers until the next day. Doubt I could put up with her if Collingwood won.

I was lucky. My wife was a doggie supporter before we met. Heaven.

The Bulldogs Bite
24-09-2020, 02:04 PM

I got the short straw; my wife supported Geelong.

Luckily the convert is almost complete now that we have a daughter.

Eastdog
24-09-2020, 02:14 PM

Yeah my brother is a Pies fan. When we go to games when we play each other we meet up in the end and sit in our separate areas :)

Eastdog
24-09-2020, 02:16 PM

Even when we play away games in Victoria at either Marvel or the G I always want to try and sit near as many Dogs fans as I can.

1eyedog
24-09-2020, 02:25 PM

Yeah ouch.

Bulldog4life
24-09-2020, 02:30 PM

That's good. A converted wife is top marks. Of course there is no question on who your daughter will support TBB.

BornInDroopSt'54
24-09-2020, 03:36 PM
We turned the tables and won a last round versus Freo.

Bulldog Joe
24-09-2020, 03:48 PM

It is something, I have done regularly over the years.

I find it leads to good discussion and limits the extremes. As a Doggies supporter remembering the 61 GF, I have been through enough to have some immunity when things haven't gone well.

Have had some magic days

with a St Kilda fan at Waverley in 92
with a Bombers fan at Marvel on that night in 2000

Even met up with Geelong fans for the Harry Taylor shank night last year.

bulldogsthru&thru
24-09-2020, 04:11 PM
Sat in the bombers cheer squad with an essendon mate in the mid 00s when we pulverised them by 10+ goals. There was one other dogs fan in there and it's fair to say we had a great night.

Also sat in the saints cheer squad when we won a couple years ago.

I should sit in opposition cheer squads more often.

bornadog
24-09-2020, 04:30 PM
Sat in the bombers cheer squad with an essendon mate in the mid 00s when we pulverised them by 10+ goals. There was one other dogs fan in there and it's fair to say we had a great night.

Also sat in the saints cheer squad when we won a couple years ago.

I should sit in opposition cheer squads more often.

Sat with my Essendon supporting mate last year when we kicked 21 goals in a row. We were surrounded by Essendon supporters except one woman from Qld who had come down with her boyfriend and she sat next to me. She said she was a Bulldog supporter but had never seen them play.

Generally, I don't like being with anyone but Doggies supporters.

The Bulldogs Bite
24-09-2020, 06:38 PM
That's good. A converted wife is top marks. Of course there is no question on who your daughter will support TBB.

Never in doubt B4L ;)

Bulldog4life
24-09-2020, 06:45 PM
It is something, I have done regularly over the years.

I find it leads to good discussion and limits the extremes. As a Doggies supporter remembering the 61 GF, I have been through enough to have some immunity when things haven't gone well.

Have had some magic days

with a St Kilda fan at Waverley in 92
with a Bombers fan at Marvel on that night in 2000

Even met up with Geelong fans for the Harry Taylor shank night last year.

Well done Joe. I was at the 61 gf as a boy with my dad. Thought we had a great chance at half time.

Twodogs
25-09-2020, 08:37 PM

Yeah it's not cool I don't like anyone enough for that.

Yeah my brother is a Pies fan. When we go to games when we play each other we meet up in the end and sit in our separate areas :)

I find that since Footscray have come along that you can convert them by stages. Lots who live in the western suburbs aren't overly keen on their club (it's usually a family connection), want to follow the Bulldogs but wouldn't normally consider it an option.

If you can convince them that following Footscray isn't a total betrayal and you can convince them to like a certain player by the time that player progresses to the seniors then the job is done. So far I've converted a Carlton supporting mate (he thanked me after 2016 and said he couldn't imagine a similar ride with Carlton)-his whole family (mum, wife and kids are now Bulldogs even though his uncle captained Carlton to a premiership) a Collingwood supporting mate and the lady at the chemist shop who supported North when I started shopping there.