PDA

View Full Version : WB Game Day V North Melbourne R3 2021

Pages : 1 [2]

jeemak
06-04-2021, 02:55 PM
And a big forward kicked 10 goals and had 21 disposals in an era where a big forward kicking 4 goals is a great game, but how good was Heeney's 2 goals and 11 disposals!!

Could you imagine the cream fest if it was Charlie Dixon or Tom Hawkins who kicked ten?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-04-2021, 03:08 PM
Could you imagine the cream fest if it was Charlie Dixon or Tom Hawkins who kicked ten?

Yep I was shocked, but not surprised at how little the performance was mentioned. The Dogs performance was only brought up in the context of analysing Norf's condition.
I get that we thrashed a very poor side, and it certainly doesn't stamp us as genuine contenders on the back of just that game. However there were loads of threads that could've been explored. The fact that we're 3-0 for the first time in a long time, Bruce's 10 and seeming reemergence following a poor 2020, Treloar's dominance, The buy in from players to a team game re: Naughton's repeat efforts, Bont's 50 metre chase on Lazarro when we were 90 points up, etc etc....
But nope... just a focus on the Bombers, Sydney and Kysiah Pickett, Tex Walker and Carlton.....

Grantysghost
06-04-2021, 03:32 PM

I was at an inner city pub prior to the Victory game and overheard a group of gents speaking about footy now.

One of them exclaimed : "Even Josh Bruce can kick 10!"
I wasn't sure if they liked or disliked the new rules but it made me laugh.
I expect people to discard us, think it's our lot and I'm ok with it.
As long as it's not a bloody fairy tale if we go all the way this season!

comrade
06-04-2021, 03:54 PM
I was at an inner city pub prior to the Victory game and overheard a group of gents speaking about footy now.

One of them exclaimed : "Even Josh Bruce can kick 10!"
I wasn't sure if they liked or disliked the new rules but it made me laugh.
I expect people to discard us, think it's our lot and I'm ok with it.
As long as it's not a bloody fairy tale if we go all the way this season!

Would love it if Brucey comes out this week and franks his Good Friday effort with another bag.

Bulldog Joe
06-04-2021, 04:23 PM
Would love it if Brucey comes out this week and franks his Good Friday effort with another bag.

or from a team perspective Naughton got the big bag this week.

macca
06-04-2021, 05:36 PM
West Coast absolutely smashed Port in the first quarter, kicking the first 4 goals. Their midfield obliterated Port. It was a massive achievement by us to first come back from being down all game and then to over run them.

West coast are the real deal and I would not be surprised if they ended up in the Pre-Lim. They have under achieved in the last 2 years since their 2018 last 30 sec win, and would want to rectify that. They are hungry and determined, with their list having a good balance and the right age profiles.

I actually do not mind less coverage... less expectation... fly under the radar until GF day :)

comrade
06-04-2021, 05:47 PM
West Coast absolutely smashed Port in the first quarter, kicking the first 4 goals. Their midfield obliterated Port. It was a massive achievement by us to first come back from being down all game and then to over run them.

West coast are the real deal and I would not be surprised if they ended up in the Pre-Lim. They have under achieved in the last 2 years since their 2018 last 30 sec win, and would want to rectify that. They are hungry and determined, with their list having a good balance and the right age profiles.

I actually do not mind less coverage... less expectation... fly under the radar until GF day :)

Yeah, West Coast are primed and will be nigh unbeatable over there. Port won't be the only side they dismantle at home.

bornadog
06-04-2021, 06:18 PM
Lid off?

Let's win the next 3 and lid is off

comrade
06-04-2021, 06:21 PM

Imagine going into the Richmond game undefeated, in what’s likely to be a Friday night fixture. Boy oh boy, wowee.

Twodogs
06-04-2021, 07:51 PM

The next 3 premierships you mean?

Grantysghost
06-04-2021, 08:24 PM
AFLCA votes :

North Melbourne v Western Bulldogs

10 – Josh Bruce

8 – Adam Treloar

6 – Josh Dunkley

2 – Caleb Daniel

2 – Alex Keath

1 – Jack Macrae

1 – Bailey Dale

Bulldog Joe
06-04-2021, 10:23 PM
AFLCA votes :

North Melbourne v Western Bulldogs

10 – Josh Bruce

8 – Adam Treloar

6 – Josh Dunkley

2 – Caleb Daniel

2 – Alex Keath

1 – Jack Macrae

1 – Bailey Dale

Tom Liberatore seriously under rated by both coaches

Topdog
06-04-2021, 11:38 PM
Just got back from a few days away with no reception after leaving in Friday morning. Going to sit down and watch this one

Vred
07-04-2021, 03:25 AM
Just got back from a few days away with no reception after leaving in Friday morning. Going to sit down and watch this one

What's your thoughts after watching the game?

ratsmac
07-04-2021, 08:48 AM
Tom Liberatore seriously under rated by both coaches

I was going to post the exact same. Not even 1 vote. Cmon Bevo turn it up

Bulldog4life
08-04-2021, 11:22 AM
GWS got more air time than us.

When you consider it was our highest winning margin EVER. Pathetic from AFL360.

KT31
09-04-2021, 10:30 AM
When you consider it was our highest winning margin EVER. Pathetic from AFL360.
My thoughts as well, you watch them comment on how the bubble has burst after we have a loss.
The only real media we have received this week is from the prize dick Dermi commenting on Bazza.