PDA

View Full Version : Three things you have learned-round 2 v West Coast Eagles.

Twodogs
27-03-2021, 06:23 PM
Tell us three things you learned today.

GVGjr
28-03-2021, 03:38 PM
Bumped

DOG GOD
28-03-2021, 07:32 PM
1. We over handball running in circles
2. We keep teams in the game with poor goal kicking (nothing new)
3. Bonti showed true leadership when the game was to be won. He was immense in the last

comrade
28-03-2021, 07:48 PM
1. We over handball running in circles
2. We keep teams in the game with poor goal kicking (nothing new)
3. Bonti showed true leadership when the game was to be won. He was immense in the last

I don’t believe you just learnt those first 2 things today :D

The Doctor
28-03-2021, 08:06 PM
1. Stefan Martin has the guile & experience to be able to alter his game according to the circumstances

His last 1/4 v the previously dominating Natanui won us the game

2. BaileyWilliams can be AA

3. Caleb Daniel is human

hujsh
28-03-2021, 08:12 PM
1. We are probably the worst team in the league at the close range snap from the boundary (is there anything more certain than us missing)
2. Bruce and Naughts can play together and perform (will they consistently is another question)
3. While we still work very hard for our goals we seem to have an easier time of not completely collapsing when the other team has the momentum.

westbulldog
28-03-2021, 08:17 PM
1. If 6 Brownlow votes were available Bont would have them.
2. The in and under work and 1%'ers of Libba and Dunkley is invaluable.
3. Adam Treloar cares about the Dogs, see him in the face of Razor Ray after McGovern wasn't pinged.

Vred
28-03-2021, 08:58 PM
3. Adam Treloar cares about the Dogs, see him in the face of Razor Ray after McGovern wasn't pinged.

Yep, Treloar getting ''up and about'' in the face of the Umps was great to see

1. We're desperately lacking in defense, I worry about Port / Brisbane games
2. Midfield is elite as people are saying, 2016 handball game is on point.
3. We need small crumbing forwards, now.

The Bulldogs Bite
28-03-2021, 09:48 PM
1. 2016 dogs are back... But our back half lacks Morris and Boydy.
2. Vanders is fast becoming one of our more important players.
3. Gardner might make it, but he needs another big KPD.

bornadog
28-03-2021, 10:08 PM
1. The intensity is back, last week and this - we are hungry
2. Two big forwards kicking goals - oh we have waited so long for this
3. We aren't winning the ruck hitouts, but we are not getting beaten up either

The bulldog tragician
28-03-2021, 11:51 PM
1. Vander provides something so often lacking in Bulldogs teams. Skill, pace and aggression. And when was the last time we saw a virtually match winning block from a Bulldog?

2. Bailey Dale could be a defender. After so many thereabouts years...who knew?

3. Our defence make me nervous, but Bailey Williams nowadays defends as well as anyone. And is just so cool in the crisis.

ratsmac
29-03-2021, 02:12 AM
1. Belief is back. Down by 14 points with less than 10 minutes to go against quality opposition and we clicked into gear.

2. Treloar's last quarter was why he was worth the trade if that's what he will bring. Such a luxury to have so many quality mids to throw around.

3. Our forward line is a work in progress but there a great signs that the wheels are starting to turn. Leading in the right spots and creating space to lead into looked good tonight. Set shots are still killing us though

Topdog
29-03-2021, 07:58 AM
1. Treloar is a leader and the boys absolutely love him. I kind of thought it was all PR work before.

2. Our big forwards can work. 43 marks with 11 field in the first 2 games is a good sign and better than any 2 week stretch from last year.

3. This team can fight back. Down by 14, fought back, concede a goal with 3:30 left to go behind, fight back.

SonofScray
29-03-2021, 09:29 AM
1 We’ve rediscovered the ability to fight and fight hard. I’d be interested to know how many games in recent history we’ve won where the margin and stats in the 3Q had swung so hard against. Feels like we have been in strife whenever a team gets 3 goals up. But not this time.

2 Backline has a tough job with the game plan designed to gift opposition goals out the back if we break down, Williams is showing he has the class to carry that weight and resist a little. He and Doc are the two players I trust in the backline to defend well and then make a good fist of things going the other way. Have concerns about an improved Gardner and somewhat around Keathy, have a feeling they’ll get torched a handful of times this year.

3 Below the knees rule remains one of the worst in footy.

AshMac
29-03-2021, 02:18 PM
1. We matched it with a top 4 team who had all their stars in great form

2. Vandermeer is the new mascot for the kids club. Wrap both arms around him.

3. I’m now sold on Bailey Dale at half back

jeemak
29-03-2021, 02:49 PM
1. WCE Subiaco system to move the ball forward isn't dead. We guarded space too often not thinking they'd take the short kick and it hurt us in the middle part of the game. We need to watch out for that next time we play them.

2. We can improve our forward fifty system in short time. Bevo was right to call out the limited opportunity for forward personnel to build cohesion with each other and also with the midfield to date. Some of our kicking to leading players was a lot better yesterday (though plenty of opportunity for improvement remains).

3. I'm starting to see how Treloar fits into our plans as a burst inside midfielder rather than a wing. His last quarter was really good in the role.

Ozza
29-03-2021, 03:37 PM
1. With fewer rotations, running out games is as important as ever. The combination of our deep midfield, and also the English/Martin combination - was able to wear down a team who are very seasoned and professional. This has got to help us throughout the season.

2. Treloar has great strength and balance. Think we saw what he will be for us in the last quarter, and the combo of him, Libba, Dunks and Macrae is pretty elite when we move that Bontempelli bloke forward.

3. This is a very different team to last year. At three quarter time it was hard to see how we could turn it back around in our favour to win the last quarter by three goals. That we self-generated the momentum that we did and the belief they seem to have.....pretty impressive.

FrediKanoute
29-03-2021, 11:23 PM
1. Bailey Dale to half back may just work;

2. Gardiner is improving as a key back, could be our Fletcher Roberts equivalent of 2021;

3. Caleb Daniel does make mistakes (hoping these are the last for 2021)

bornadog
30-03-2021, 12:00 AM
3. Caleb Daniel does make mistakes (hoping these are the last for 2021)

Two errors out of his 26 disposals. Besides those, I thought he played a pretty good game.

Ozza
30-03-2021, 12:11 AM
Two errors out of his 26 disposals. Besides those, I thought he played a pretty good game.

Got caught HTB twice also.

Been tremendous for us, so we can all forgive him some moments.

Bulldog Joe
30-03-2021, 07:16 AM

Eagles seemed to have a plan to keep him under pressure. He wasn't allowed the space he normally gets. Bailey Williams became really important as another option from the backline.

Mantis
30-03-2021, 08:19 AM
Eagles seemed to have a plan to keep him under pressure. He wasn't allowed the space he normally gets. Bailey Williams became really important as another option from the backline.

Given his importance to the team I'm thinking that the SOP to play against us is to hound the hell out of Caleb.

He generally does an amazing job to weave out of traffic, pick the right option and execute, but he received a bit of a wake up call on Sunday which I think will make him a better player going forward.

Mofra
30-03-2021, 09:20 AM
Bailey was playing tall too so it was a monster effort from him.

BornInDroopSt'54
30-03-2021, 02:29 PM
1. When we are playing at home very well as we did, Bont and Macrae at their best and our big forwards kicking goals, we only just beat the Westerners missing Yeo and Shuey.
2. Consolidation of first round perception that Martin/English just what the doc asked for as is Treloar.
3. More confirmation that Bruce/Naughton are developing professionally.