PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Salary Cap

The Doctor
29-03-2021, 10:22 PM
According to Jake Niall at The Age we have some salary cap wriggle room this year.

Full article https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/salary-cap-score-the-afl-clubs-that-do-and-don-t-have-room-20210327-p57em2.html

Salary cap space after 2021

HAVES (with room): Essendon, Hawthorn, North Melbourne, Adelaide, Port Adelaide.

HAVE-NOTS: Richmond, West Coast, Collingwood, Melbourne, Fremantle, Geelong, Gold Coast, Greater Western Sydney.

SOME WRIGGLE ROOM: Carlton, Western Bulldogs, Brisbane Lions.

UNCLEAR: St Kilda, Sydney

Player payments, including ASAs, are $13,165,950 in 2021, a cut of 9 per cent due to the pandemic. Player payments for 2022 are slated to be $14,769,322 if there are no cuts. All subject to the current contracts and without factoring in recruiting at season’s end or re-negotiations.

Hotdog60
29-03-2021, 10:34 PM
You would want to tie up the Bont loose end.

Followed by Williams and Vandermeer

bornadog
29-03-2021, 10:36 PM

Smith?

Happy Days
29-03-2021, 10:51 PM
Yeah I’m in the keep it rolling camp. McAsey would be nice but is there anything to suggest he’s actually good? Not getting picked at all for this Crows side is a pretty big red flag.

Hotdog60
29-03-2021, 10:58 PM
Smith?

I don't know if I'd be that worried about Roarke. :)

bulldogsthru&thru
29-03-2021, 10:58 PM
Port are doing well.

What’s up with saints and swans being unclear? What are they hiding?

Grantysghost
29-03-2021, 11:04 PM
Wiggle room... aka cash money for the McNeil deal.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l41lIkTqv4NTHPktO/giphy.gif

Twodogs
29-03-2021, 11:28 PM

I'm worried that we will pick him at some stage this year.

josie
30-03-2021, 12:45 AM
I'm worried that we will pick him at some stage this year.

There are quite a few ahead of Roarke but I thought he performed ok in games he played last year, except vs Saints in final but then again we had a lot of players sub par that day.

GVGjr
30-03-2021, 01:41 AM

Apparently we are close to signing Williams to another deal.

Vred
30-03-2021, 01:44 AM
Apparently we are close to signing Williams to another deal.

Yeah this has been reported as well, pretty sure Bont isn't far off signing on the line again either.

Who retires / doesn't get a contract at the end of this year is the biggest question. Does StefM play another season? Wallis in current form? Ill still perplexed as to why we gave Wood another 2 year deal.

bornadog
30-03-2021, 10:08 AM

I am actually worried about Bailey Smith and who is coming for him. He was a big Hawks fan, and I think (gut feel), they are sniffing around.

The kid is a gun and hasn't missed a game since day one.

bulldogsthru&thru
30-03-2021, 10:15 AM
I am actually worried about Bailey Smith and who is coming for him. He was a big Hawks fan, and I think (gut feel), they are sniffing around.

The kid is a gun and hasn't missed a game since day one.

Yep the hawks will throw big coin at him. We’ve got him til end of 22 though so a bit more time left still.

Bumper Bulldogs
30-03-2021, 10:35 AM
I would be concerned if I was Zane, Wallis, R Smith and Libba this year, the following year I can’t see us keeping JJ he is on huge money and will free up a heap of cash. We run deep for midfielders and all these could be surplus to the clubs needs.

I would back in Sam Power to get young kids to easily replace them.

** Libba will depend on his knees, I can’t see him giving us more than a season or two with the likes of West waiting in background.

All in all it’s comforting to see we are fianally a very well managed club both on and off the field.

bornadog
30-03-2021, 10:41 AM
Yep the hawks will throw big coin at him. We’ve got him til end of 22 though so a bit more time left still.

Thanks, I didn't realise he is tied up till next year. (I should have checked).

Topdog
30-03-2021, 12:15 PM
With the Bont stuff, Billy Brownless tried to make a story of him not being signed up yet and Barrett shot it down instantly, in fact he shot it down twice. Was glad to hear that from him as I assumed he would love the scuttlebutt.