PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 3, 2021 vs North Melbourne Kangaroos

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
02-04-2021, 04:30 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in today's game against North Melbourne. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.

Testekill
02-04-2021, 08:15 PM
Treloars first goal was probably where their spirit broke and his second was when we really started rolling.

chef
02-04-2021, 08:45 PM
Arc.

The Pie Man
02-04-2021, 08:50 PM
Arc.

They certainly stopped from there

westdog54
02-04-2021, 09:11 PM
Naughton's four-effort play to set up a shot at goal for Vandermeer. Shame he missed the shot

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
02-04-2021, 09:19 PM
I'll throw in the first of Treloar's long range goals out of the middle. Reckon that was not long after the ARC review. We just switched gears from that point on.

bulldogtragic
02-04-2021, 09:24 PM
Naughton's four-effort play to set up a shot at goal for Vandermeer. Shame he missed the shot

Wall of Biggs to be re-named after that.

merantau
02-04-2021, 09:26 PM
Wall of Biggs to be re-named after that.

#NeverForget The Wall of Biggs

macca
02-04-2021, 09:28 PM
In the second quarter when Larkey's goal got recalled to a behind as it shaved the post.

merantau
02-04-2021, 09:28 PM
I thought Treloar's two running goals finished them off. Their will to resist crumpled.

EasternWest
02-04-2021, 09:44 PM
Treloar, full pace on the run off the left foot hitting Naughton with a dime piece.

Chefs kiss.

Bumper Bulldogs
02-04-2021, 10:01 PM
In the second quarter when Larkey's goal got recalled to a behind as it shaved the post.

This was it. They dropped their heads after this and we looked like we said WOW these kids are closer than they should be.

I must say I was filthy that we missed 6 simple shots on goal. We should have won by another 30 points. Am I greedy. Should I just accept this as is.

I still feel a little cheated by the margin but I know it’s wrong

Vred
02-04-2021, 10:02 PM
Bruces 10th goal, the stadium all chanting Bruce, the fight that ensured from that. Golden, won't ever forget that.

macca
02-04-2021, 10:10 PM
This was it. They dropped their heads after this and we looked like we said WOW these kids are closer than they should be.

I must say I was filthy that we missed 6 simple shots on goal. We should have won by another 30 points. Am I greedy. Should I just accept this as is.

One thing that still lingers is our slow starts. Today was slowish and we had to stamp our authority on teams at the get go. If Larkey's goal had been allowed north would be 5 points behind. A few moments later, dogs goal and its a 12 point turn around, and 17 points infront. Good teams will not give us even a sniff.

bornadog
02-04-2021, 10:31 PM

Ditto

boydogs
03-04-2021, 12:34 AM
When McKay beat Bruce in the air but then fell to his knees and turned the ball over

It's like they all saw that and said even when they do something well it counts for nothing anyway

Dropped their heads and let through a string of goals

comrade
03-04-2021, 01:07 AM
The game was well and truly over but I loved the Williams double candy sell. Man, that dude is a smooth mover these days.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
03-04-2021, 01:12 AM
The game was well and truly over but I loved the Williams double candy sell. Man, that dude is a smooth mover these days.

He's really solidifying his growth last year. If he's not already, he's very close to being considered as one of the competition's best defenders.

1eyedog
03-04-2021, 01:13 AM
Duck and JB in the box having to witness that today. An extended period of golden moments.

ratsmac
03-04-2021, 02:45 AM
Williams beautiful kick to Bruce for his 10th. Sensing the moment for one and then the execution. Then Bruce takes a contested mark over 2 Norf players, Ziebal being one of them. The roar in the stadium was deafening! To top it of Libba takes on 10 blokes as Bruce kicks the goal. That was a moment of ecstasy

FrediKanoute
03-04-2021, 05:36 AM
When the crowd start chanting BRUUUUUUUUUUCE

SonofScray
03-04-2021, 08:34 AM
The crowd reaction to Bruce shouldn’t be underestimated. We haven’t really seen it happen in that manner for a very long time, whole crowd chanting one player’s name and just revelling in his achievement.

That was memorable.

westdog54
03-04-2021, 08:39 AM
The crowd reaction to Bruce shouldn’t be underestimated. We haven’t really seen it happen in that manner for a very long time, whole crowd chanting one player’s name and just revelling in his achievement.

That was memorable.

Barry Hall maybe?

SonofScray
03-04-2021, 08:44 AM
Barry Hall maybe?

Barry Hall got that treatment and I recall Libba getting it in his final game.

bornadog
03-04-2021, 11:07 AM
barry hall maybe?

coooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnn

westdog54
03-04-2021, 11:20 AM
coooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnn

Bit different IMO, to have a crowd chanting your name as opposed to a catchcry when you get the ball.

Twodogs
03-04-2021, 01:38 PM

I'm with you. My son was out and I was texting the scores to him but no matter how far in front we were I was constantly saying "we should be 5 goals further in front" Especially after halfway through the second quarter

From now on he's the Candy Man. It's one of the highlights of our game and Williams pulling it out twice in the one play will live long in my memory.

AshMac
03-04-2021, 01:53 PM
couple of key moments for me.

the moment i knew we'd win was sometime in Nov last year when they released the fixture.

The moment we absolutely crushed their spirit was Treloar's second goal, Williams twinkle toes on the lead up was sublime....

But the best moment for me, and i didnt see it at the game - only on the replay, was Bailey Smiths beeline for Jack Ziebel just before Bruce's 10th goal, then the way he backed it up in the melee. I just love the aggression he brings and his white line fever.

comrade
03-04-2021, 02:09 PM
But the best moment for me, and i didnt see it at the game - only on the replay, was Bailey Smiths beeline for Jack Ziebel just before Bruce's 10th goal, then the way he backed it up in the melee. I just love the aggression he brings and his white line fever.

I wonder if anything in particular fired up Baz or he just felt Ziebell needed a bake?

soupman
03-04-2021, 02:24 PM

That was memorable.

2015 Elimination Final. Bont has a set shot from about 40m out roughly in front. He was a very good set shot at the time. Crowd starts chanting "Bonti". Bont misses. He is never a good shot for goal again (at least to date).

I'm not saying the two are related but i have always been dirty on our crowd for that chant.

Grantysghost
03-04-2021, 02:32 PM
I wonder if anything in particular fired up Baz or he just felt Ziebell needed a bake?

There was a lot of lip from our guys. Hunter, Libba, Naughton. I was close and found it an amusing side event to watch.
I think it reached a crescendo around Bruce's 9th.

1eyedog
03-04-2021, 03:18 PM

Reckon you look at Baz sideways and he'd be all over you like a cheap suit.

AshMac
04-04-2021, 09:15 AM

Just watched the replay of the last quarter - Ziebel playing as a deep back man. Definitely upped the ante in the last quarter - lots of little hits and a nasty tackle which landed Bruce on his neck. He was clearly down there to antagonise and play an enforcer role - I imagine Smith was partly letting him know how ineffective he was, partly running on 95% adrenaline.

SonofScray
04-04-2021, 09:42 AM
Just watched the replay of the last quarter - Ziebel playing as a deep back man. Definitely upped the ante in the last quarter - lots of little hits and a nasty tackle which landed Bruce on his neck. He was clearly down there to antagonise and play an enforcer role - I imagine Smith was partly letting him know how ineffective he was, partly running on 95% adrenaline.
Up and about.

They also did do the usual, target Bont early on. Saw his jumper was ripped after a little scuffle in the first.

AshMac
04-04-2021, 11:15 AM
Up and about.

They also did do the usual, target Bont early on. Saw his jumper was ripped after a little scuffle in the first.

When will North Melbourne learn you cannot muscle form out of Bont? They've been trying it for 7 years!

Just on Smith again, the video in this AFL insta post sums it up for me:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNKCCfZrO4Z/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
(https://www.instagram.com/p/CNKCCfZrO4Z/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link)
Smith serving up to 3 of the north boys is gorgeous - you can see on their faces he is cutting deep.

BornInDroopSt'54
04-04-2021, 06:59 PM
The moment for me was three quarter time when Beveridge called for us to open the forward line and kick it to Bruce a la Templeton's nine goal last quarter.
He respected history.

ratsmac
04-04-2021, 08:04 PM
The moment for me was three quarter time when Beveridge called for us to open the forward line and kick it to Bruce a la Templeton's nine goal last quarter.
He respected history.

That was an interesting comment by Bevo. Does that mean we are deliberately crowding our own forward line?

BornInDroopSt'54
05-04-2021, 03:18 PM
That was an interesting comment by Bevo. Does that mean we are deliberately crowding our own forward line?

Could be or I guess you are suggesting leave it open!