PDA

View Full Version : Always Right Match Committee - Round 7 Vs Richmond 2021

Pages : 1 [2]

Dry Rot
30-04-2021, 11:01 AM
I know nothing Hannan. Why is he in the team and what should we expect?

GVGjr
30-04-2021, 11:10 AM

He was on our list at Footscray for a couple of years and we were planning to draft him but Melbourne jumped ahead of us.
Tallish forward or winger with pace and with 50 games senior experience. I think he is still a touch underdone but this will be one way of testing that theory. I hope he bags a couple of goals for us.

The Doctor
30-04-2021, 11:17 AM

Seriously quick mid sized winger/half forward type. Can take hangers & kicks a goal a game.

I'm not at all surprised by his inclusion as the club recruited him for a reason. Just hope he is fit.

The Bulldogs Bite
30-04-2021, 11:19 AM
Assuming he's fit, Hannan's style will suit what we have really well.

A guy who is good in the air and on the ground with forward nous and pace is a welcome addition. Our marking power has been huge but that's largely been due to Naughty/English/Bruce, so it'll be great to have a medium option to add to this too.

comrade
30-04-2021, 11:22 AM
I love Hannan and have since watching him tear it up at Whitten Oval in 2016. He's bigger and stronger than he was then, and actually reminds me a little of Stewie Crameri but quicker.

Has genuine forward nous and is dangerous in the air and when it hits the ground, great addition to the side.

soupman
30-04-2021, 11:24 AM
I think he is also a bit like Vandermeer in that he plays with aggression and is pretty direct with his ball movement. He is much bigger and not as quick as Laitham, but I do think he is the kind to take the game on a bit.

bornadog
30-04-2021, 11:54 AM

Here is a glimpse of what he is capable of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP6A0ihdxQs&ab_channel=MelbourneFooty

The Adelaide Connection
30-04-2021, 12:49 PM
He was on our list at Footscray for a couple of years and we were planning to draft him but Melbourne jumped ahead of us.
Tallish forward or winger with pace and with 50 games senior experience. I think he is still a touch underdone but this will be one way of testing that theory. I hope he bags a couple of goals for us.

I feel like he was our go to when Port bagged Georgiadis ahead of us. 190cm and as mentioned he is quick, loves a hanger, and has good hands.

I think he will add one or two goals, forward pressure, and a few marks down the line and I definitely think he makes us stronger. I also think he has the speed and point of difference that allows him to still get a gig in a forward line with three talls. The only question is he 100% ready to go?

GVGjr
30-04-2021, 01:09 PM
I feel like he was our go to when Port bagged Georgiadis ahead of us. 190cm and as mentioned he is quick, loves a hanger, and has good hands.

I think he will add one or two goals, forward pressure, and a few marks down the line and I definitely think he makes us stronger. I also think he has the speed and point of difference that allows him to still get a gig in a forward line with three talls. The only question is he 100% ready to go?

TAC, we drafted Weightman #15 a few spots ahead of the Georgiades #18.

Dry Rot
30-04-2021, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the Hannan replies. Looking forward to seeing him play tonight.

ratsmac
30-04-2021, 01:44 PM
Hannan sounds like someone Melbourne would of liked to keep. I love what he offers I just hope he lives up to the hype.

Mofra
30-04-2021, 02:14 PM
Hannan sounds like someone Melbourne would of liked to keep. I love what he offers I just hope he lives up to the hype.
Fritch is their 'do everything' forward and rightly so.
Personally I think Hannan is a good forward or a mediocre wingman. He's possibly underdone too so at least we won't do anything silly like have him starting on the wing.

1eyedog
30-04-2021, 05:51 PM
Here is a glimpse of what he is capable of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP6A0ihdxQs&ab_channel=MelbourneFooty

Terrible from Henderson.

I like Hannan's size and speed I hope he can play.

The Adelaide Connection
30-04-2021, 06:11 PM
TAC, we drafted Weightman #15 a few spots ahead of the Georgiades #18.

Yeah I know, but Georgiadis was originally tipped to go quite late and, while it was maybe purely speculative and you’d definitely know more, there were plenty of rumblings that we were keen on him.