PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else worried????

easybeat
13-03-2008, 03:36 PM
O'k'...I'm a massive pessimist. But is anyone else really worried about how we'll go this year?

Sockeye Salmon
13-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Nope.

I don't believe anything I read on BF or in the papers until it's been proven on WOOF as fact.

We'll make the 8.

easybeat
13-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Jeez I hope so Sockeye.
C-money allways tells me I worry to much...maybe he's right.

aker39
13-03-2008, 04:53 PM
I just want the season to start so we can stop the speculating and start the ejaculating.

The Coon Dog
13-03-2008, 04:54 PM
You worry too much easybeat! ;)

Like 'scooper' I think we'll make the eight too.

hujsh
13-03-2008, 04:54 PM
I always worry about the team and who we'll beat and how we'll cope with blah blah blah.

But you just have to enjoy success when it comes

westdog54
13-03-2008, 05:14 PM
I'm cautious, but certainly not worried.

With the obvious exception of the Essendon game I've been happy with our preseason.

Rocket Science
13-03-2008, 05:19 PM
Unpalatable as it may be, number me in the "worried" camp, and it's got nothing to do with the verdicts of the usual media boofheads.

We won't crash and burn, but we've got a bloody big fight on our hands. What's new I suppose.

Sockeye Salmon
13-03-2008, 05:30 PM
You worry too much easybeat! ;)

Like 'scooper' I think we'll make the eight too.

:D

You were following that?

One of the most enjoyable threads I've been involved in on BF in ages. What a tool.

Unfortunately Aqua had to tidy it up and it's lost a lot of it's impact.

The Underdog
13-03-2008, 05:48 PM

You were following that?

One of the most enjoyable threads I've been involved in on BF in ages. What a tool.

That thread was just bizarre, but he showed you scoop, with his unsubstantiated false facts and capital letters. I'm now convinced Gia is crap and always was...;)

On topic, I'm not super confident, but hey, last year I was and look where that got us.
I'd prefer to see what happens over the next 22 weeks and worry when there's something to worry about.

westdog54
13-03-2008, 06:01 PM

You were following that?

What's this 'scooper' thread?

Must've missed that one, haven't looked at the dogs board on BF for ages.

bornadog
13-03-2008, 06:23 PM
I am normally an optimist but this year I must admit I am a little worried. Nothing to do with preseason form. The only thing from preseason that normally worries me are injuries and preparation by players. However, this year my worries are due to the last 7 games last year and the worry about where will the improvement come from.

I think gaining Hudson and Welsh are going to help us and I am banking on further improvement from the younger guys.

Worried ---------- yeah just a little compared to how I felt in other years.

The Coon Dog
13-03-2008, 06:31 PM
What's this 'scooper' thread?

Must've missed that one, haven't looked at the dogs board on BF for ages.
Just the usual way BF degenerates! Didn't reflect well on mpsbulldog.

LostDoggy
13-03-2008, 06:32 PM
I think that we'll make the 8, however I always think that. There's not a lot of pressure from other sides or the media for us to do well, not as much as there was last year anyway, which always seems to hurt us- but eventually they're going to have to be able to face the pressure.

hujsh
13-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Just the usual way BF degenerates! Didn't reflect well on mpsbulldog.

Don't remember that. Was it recent?

Sedat
13-03-2008, 06:42 PM
On-field I have few worries at all, except for the spate of KP defenders injured early in the season. Our list looks so much more balanced on paper than it did last year.

Off-field, I hope the smoke and mirrors are just that, and there's nothing more sinister lurking beneath the surface.

LostDoggy
13-03-2008, 06:43 PM
I think it's natural for everybody to have some concern with the injuries to date, but it's the start of the season!

There's no reason to be negative. We're used to adversity (we're Bulldog SUPPORTERS) - just about every year we have more than our share of injuries. At least we have them early in the season this year.

At least the coaching staff know who is definately available for round 1 and can plan accordingly.

Those who have viewed BF would know all about negative threads - some posters seem to hear bad news and run around like it's the end of the world (or like the '200 killer bees' advert on TV), with others joining in.

I'm not having go at you Easybeat, your asking a simple question that I'm sure has crossed our minds.

The fact is, that next week we'll support the dogs with the best team available they can put on the park.

Win, loose, or draw, we'll support them again the week after.

BulldogBelle
13-03-2008, 10:17 PM
:DUnfortunately Aqua had to tidy it up and it's lost a lot of it's impact.

Just aswell she did that Scooper...I mean Sockeye - she literally walked into a War Zone! :eek:

Sockeye Salmon
13-03-2008, 11:46 PM
Don't remember that. Was it recent?
This morning.

Butane and myself had a little fun with him.

hujsh
13-03-2008, 11:47 PM
This morning.

Butane and myself had a little fun with him.

Ah.. It's that damn school interfering with my BF/WOOF time.

FrediKanoute
14-03-2008, 02:56 AM
Not worried about the year as I think we'll go a lot better than last year.

Injuries are a concern, but we'll manage them. Unlike some I have a good feeling about Doog's based on what I've seen this year. Will not be a lock down CHB, but a running/attacking CHB. Have also liked what I've seen with the Minson experiment. Enough there to suggest that we will be better for him playing a season out of FF then him playing in the ruck. Also happier in regards the draftees. All (except Wood) seem capable of playing AFL this season, though the extent of their contribution may not be great. Has been the first time in a number of years I have an expectation that pick 60 or so may actually play a game this year! Welsh and Hudson look like good additions.

BulldogBelle
14-03-2008, 07:58 AM
Started off very positive.

Now l would be mildly postive still thinking we will make the top 8.

Hopefuly thats the worst of our injuries over with.....

Go_Dogs
14-03-2008, 11:14 AM
I'm quietly confident that will do better than last year. Whether that gets us into the 8 remains to be seen at this stage, and our injury curse is already starting to drag us down, but a lot of our key guys have had better pre-seasons.

easybeat
14-03-2008, 03:18 PM
It's good to hear all the positive stuff. I'm in there for the haul no matter what anyway.
Level 1, row F. Bitting the s**t out of my fingernails.