PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 9 2021, vs Port Adelaide

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
15-05-2021, 06:14 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's game against Port Adelaide. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
15-05-2021, 11:41 PM
Weightman's over the shoulder goal.
It just shut the door.

Testekill
15-05-2021, 11:43 PM
I think it was that Roarke smother. When the bottom 6 is willing to crack in then that's when you can feel confident of a win. The Power got far too close but that was with the umpires ignoring our guys getting held all the damn time and late shoves and such.

EasternWest
15-05-2021, 11:55 PM
About 6 minutes to go and the games in the balance. Contested loose ball on the wing and Boak is just about to pick it up with Port players streaming past him and Libba comes from nowhere and just takes it.

I knew we'd win then.

bulldogtragic
15-05-2021, 11:57 PM
I think it was that Roarke smother. When the bottom 6 is willing to crack in then that's when you can feel confident of a win. The Power got far too close but that was with the umpires ignoring our guys getting held all the damn time and late shoves and such.

Yep. There were plenty of opportunities tonight to yell a players name, that’s the time I did it tonight.

He’s not going to get 25+ or kick a bag. But if he can run all day and do huge little things like that he will keep Bevo happy.

SonofScray
16-05-2021, 12:01 AM
CODY-19 outbreak, exposure site: Adelaide Oval Inside 50.

macca
16-05-2021, 12:01 AM
When the ball went through Treloar's legs in the last quarter

azabob
16-05-2021, 12:04 AM
The moment for me was when Caleb Daniel backed back into the oncoming traffic during the last when port were coming. Took the hit, stayed on the ground and continued to put his body on the line.

Grantysghost
16-05-2021, 12:05 AM
The moment for me was when Caleb Daniel backed back into the oncoming traffic during the last when port were coming. Took the hit, stayed on the ground and continued to put his body on the line.

That's mine too Azabob. Legendary.

SonofScray
16-05-2021, 12:06 AM

Polaxed. He is very tough.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
16-05-2021, 12:07 AM
When the ball went through Treloar's legs in the last quarter

????? You're clearly operating at a Meta level, please walk this mere mortal through your work.

bornadog
16-05-2021, 12:32 AM
Weightman's over the shoulder goal.
It just shut the door.

Yeah when that went through, I knew we won

comrade
16-05-2021, 12:47 AM
When Marshall fluffed that kick back inside.

jeemak
16-05-2021, 12:51 AM

Excellent suggestion.

jeemak
16-05-2021, 12:53 AM
I'm going with Bont's goal in the second quarter. It was a bit symbolic for the rest of the team to say we're still here and I'm leading you.

merantau
16-05-2021, 08:24 AM
I'm going with Bont's goal in the second quarter. It was a bit symbolic for the rest of the team to say we're still here and I'm leading you.

This was the first moment that sprang to mind for me too and your description is spot on. He really led from the front all game. Great player.

AshMac
16-05-2021, 09:19 AM
JJ’s goal from outside 50 in the last quarter was the moment that settled my nerves the most.

They had total run of play and it took an exceptional effort to steady the ship.

Weightmans last goal was pretty special too - so nice to see some X factor and real dynamism in our forward line.

DOG GOD
16-05-2021, 10:22 AM
JJ’s goal from outside 50 as well. He just had to kick it..he did, and it seemed to deflate port.

bornadog
16-05-2021, 10:54 AM
JJ’s goal from outside 50 as well. He just had to kick it..he did, and it seemed to deflate port.

That was a crucial goal when Port were coming at us.

comrade
16-05-2021, 11:02 AM

It was massive. Really happy for JJ, he looked stoked after it. Happiest he's been on field for a while.

bornadog
16-05-2021, 11:06 AM
It was massive. Really happy for JJ, he looked stoked after it. Happiest he's been on field for a while.

I thought he used his pace more last night to his advantage.

DOG GOD
16-05-2021, 11:09 AM
I thought he used his pace more last night to his advantage.
Agree, and maybe he is getting now used to the role the MC are setting for him. Let’s also not forget the inclusion of Weightman’s energy as well. JJ had the renewed energy last night I haven’t seen all year. Hopefully a sign of things to come. If JJ can use his pace and 50 metre kicking ability, he can end up being a weapon on his lonesome.

bulldogtragic
16-05-2021, 11:12 AM
Agree, and maybe he is getting now used to the role the MC are setting for him. Let’s also not forget the inclusion of Weightman’s energy as well. JJ had the renewed energy last night I haven’t seen all year. Hopefully a sign of things to come. If JJ can use his pace and 50 metre kicking ability, he can end up being a weapon on his lonesome.

Should be interesting. Looks like JJ vs Brad Hill this week.

DOG GOD
16-05-2021, 11:20 AM
Should be interesting. Looks like JJ vs Brad Hill this week.

Maybe JJ will play the defensive fwd role on Hill, and then run back hard as Hill has no defensive bone in his body.

Topdog
16-05-2021, 11:23 AM
So this wasn't really the moment but how good were all of Caleb's tricks last night.
The feints, the shimmies and the one handed collect and snap out of defence

DOG GOD
16-05-2021, 11:25 AM
So this wasn't really the moment but how good were all of Caleb's tricks last night.
The feints, the shimmies and the one handed collect and snap out of defence
Agree. The creativeness of Daniel, Dale and Williams is paramount to our successes. Invaluable.

comrade
16-05-2021, 11:26 AM
Agree. The creativeness of Daniel, Dale and Williams is paramount to our successes. Invaluable.

If Williams doesn't get you, Dale or Daniel will.

bulldogtragic
16-05-2021, 11:37 AM
Maybe JJ will play the defensive fwd role on Hill, and then run back hard as Hill has no defensive bone in his body.

Hopefully.

MrMahatma
16-05-2021, 11:53 AM
If Williams doesn't get you, Dale or Daniel will.

Surely the best crew of ball users we’ve had in our back half for... well... ever?

bornadog
16-05-2021, 12:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N_kp64TZJ0&ab_channel=Michael

boydogs
18-05-2021, 02:21 AM
Zaine Cordy's intercept mark with about 3 minutes left, Dixon was looking really dangerous every time he went near it in the last quarter but when Zaine grabbed that one I felt like we were home

jeemak
18-05-2021, 02:29 AM
I think it has to be Jacko's kick from the boundary on the back flank into the centre to Treloar who got it to Roarke who then got it to JJ.

Just gave us a nibble before half time to make sure we felt like we were able to be in control.

comrade
18-05-2021, 08:38 AM
I think it has to be Jacko's kick from the boundary on the back flank into the centre to Treloar who got it to Roarke who then got it to JJ.

Just gave us a nibble before half time to make sure we felt like we were able to be in control.

That was an incredible kick from Macrae and exactly the type of kick we didn't bite off and execute against the Tigers. It opened the game up when we were under the pump and got us back in it.

1eyedog
18-05-2021, 10:44 AM
When Hinkley skulled the remainder of his coke can in a fanatical way late in the last I knew we had it.