PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know why Treloar returned to the field?

Go_Dogs
23-05-2021, 11:15 AM
In honour of mjp’s thread and because Adam would like a thread by the same title as that raised for his best bud Josh. Treloar came off half way through the second with a lower leg injury. Lew Young started to warm up. Treloar went down to the rooms. Treloar came back, did some run throughs and pointed towards his lower leg indicating not quite right.

Then he’s back on.

Now he’s out for at least a month, maybe 2.

bulldogsthru&thru
23-05-2021, 11:17 AM
We have a habit of doing this.

comrade
23-05-2021, 11:31 AM
Now he’s out for at least a month, maybe 2.

Has that been confirmed?

bulldogsthru&thru
23-05-2021, 11:35 AM
Has that been confirmed?

Bevo said the sort of injury normally means several weeks out. Could mean anything but you’d think a month or two would be likely.

comrade
23-05-2021, 11:36 AM
Bevo said the sort of injury normally means several weeks out. Could mean anything but you’d think a month or two would be likely.

So nothing confirmed?

bulldogsthru&thru
23-05-2021, 11:37 AM
So nothing confirmed?

Nope.

Grantysghost
23-05-2021, 11:39 AM
So nothing confirmed?

I can confirm farm bromance time with Dunks is in his immediate future.
He was moving pretty well I don't think it's anything serious, hopefully worst case a few weeks.
Never know we may get lucky with the scan. Fingers crossed.

Hotdog60
23-05-2021, 11:48 AM
Who knows what goes on in the back rooms of a game.
Adam could have told the Docs it just a sprain jab and tape and I'll be fine.
Goes out and its not fine and comes off.

Grantysghost
23-05-2021, 12:15 PM
Who knows what goes on in the back rooms of a game.
Adam could have told the Docs it just a sprain jab and tape and I'll be fine.
Goes out and its not fine and comes off.

He was testing it on the boundary line prior to coming back on. He was running and moving laterally to test.

I honestly don't think it's super bad. But shame he will lose momentum none the less.

Glad he has the bromance actually, being without his family must be tough at the best of times let alone when injured.

Might be an idea to let him spend some time up in Qld.

ratsmac
23-05-2021, 12:22 PM
I can confirm farm bromance time with Dunks is in his immediate future.
He was moving pretty well I don't think it's anything serious, hopefully worst case a few weeks.
Never know we may get lucky with the scan. Fingers crossed.

After the game when he was walking in the moon boot he didn't look very sore at all. I wouldn't be surprised if the scans show a minor spain.

Go_Dogs
23-05-2021, 01:06 PM
So nothing confirmed?

Even the mild syndesmosis injuries seem to be 4-6 weeks. Who knows. Maybe we get lucky but moon boot and Bevo’s comments don’t fill me with confidence he’s OK.

jeemak
23-05-2021, 04:32 PM
Had a scan today, apparently we're expecting a minor syndesmosis and a couple of weeks (Mitch Cleary - ABC).

KT31
23-05-2021, 06:48 PM
Had a scan today, apparently we're expecting a minor syndesmosis and a couple of weeks (Mitch Cleary - ABC).

Apparently surgery was just mentioned on the News, anyone hear the prognosis?

jeemak
23-05-2021, 07:57 PM
Just saw on Ch7, they did a door stop at David Young's rooms but as is the case you have the scans and you then go to the surgeon for an assessment. Would assume the next consultation after that is between Young and the club and the rehabilitation process post surgery or otherwise is discussed.

At the end of the report it stated we were hoping that the injury is minor and that he's a solid chance to miss this Friday.

jeemak
23-05-2021, 07:57 PM
As an aside, Ch7 news is pretty well as weird as its footy coverage.

bulldogsthru&thru
23-05-2021, 08:03 PM
Just saw on Ch7, they did a door stop at David Young's rooms but as is the case you have the scans and you then go to the surgeon for an assessment. Would assume the next consultation after that is between Young and the club and the rehabilitation process post surgery or otherwise is discussed.

At the end of the report it stated we were hoping that the injury is minor and that he's a solid chance to miss this Friday.

They also said Salem was in doubt.

DOG GOD
23-05-2021, 08:16 PM
They also said Salem was in doubt.
Hopefully he does. He was sorely missed the other night.

bornadog
23-05-2021, 08:26 PM

You watch Ch7 News ??

comrade
23-05-2021, 08:28 PM

They door stopped a surgeon to get an update on Treloar? Have they forgotten he's not with the Pies anymore?

jazzadogs
23-05-2021, 09:36 PM
Players with sprained ankles return to the field all the time, and a syndesmosis injury presents as a high ankle sprain. He was moving well, able to run and move laterally. He had a couple of possessions when he came back on and looked unaffected. I had much more of an issue with Dunkley returning to the field, than I do about Treloar.

Go_Dogs
24-05-2021, 07:06 PM
6-8 weeks confirmed.

jeemak
24-05-2021, 09:08 PM
You watch Ch7 News ??

Not regularly, no. I did after the game yesterday because they said they'd have an update on Treloar.

jeemak
24-05-2021, 09:09 PM
They door stopped a surgeon to get an update on Treloar? Have they forgotten he's not with the Pies anymore?

Yeah they were at David Young's rooms.

westdog54
24-05-2021, 10:58 PM
Might be an idea to let him spend some time up in Qld.

I was thinking the same thing this morning.

Give him his rehab program, check in every day or two on the phone or by zoom, but give him some family time, even if it's just 2 or 3 days a week.

jazzadogs
24-05-2021, 11:07 PM
I was thinking the same thing this morning.

Give him his rehab program, check in every day or two on the phone or by zoom, but give him some family time, even if it's just 2 or 3 days a week.

I wonder what will be harder...being away from his wife, or being away from Dunks.

Maybe we send him up there as well?

Grantysghost
24-05-2021, 11:17 PM
I wonder what will be harder...being away from his wife, or being away from Dunks.

I think we know the answer to that.

Go_Dogs
25-05-2021, 04:43 PM

Apparently Dunks spent some time up in Noosa a few weeks ago.

Twodogs
25-05-2021, 10:27 PM

How's the matey chitchat between the Richmond supporting news reader (don't know his name and don't particularly care what it is) and Tim Watson at he end of each sports report? It's obvious that they can't stand the sight of each other and that Watson in particular has nothing but contempt for Mr newsreader and can barely stop himself glaring at him.

And I think that Jane Bunn constantly refers to wind as being "wispy" just to annoy Timmy. "Wispy" apparently was the nickname that younger Essendon players called Watson behind his back after he came back inn1993.