PDA

View Full Version : We’ve got the need, the need for...

bulldogtragic
23-05-2021, 01:14 PM
Speed up forward:

JJ is under 3 seconds for 20m sprint
Weightman tested well under 3 seconds for 20m sprint
Jamarra tested well under 3 seconds for 20m sprint
Vandermeer tested well under 3 seconds for 20m sprint
Bedendo tested under 3 seconds for 20m sprint
Richards tested under 3 seconds for 20m sprint
Naughton tested 3.09 seconds for 20m sprint

I’d guess Bruce & McNeil would be close to the mark too.

I think we know what our draft managers have been looking for. It certainly adds that extra dimension to our forward line for defence, pressure and attack.

DOG GOD
23-05-2021, 01:20 PM
Speed up forward:

JJ is under 3 seconds for 20m sprint
Weightman tested well under 3 seconds for 20m sprint
Jamarra tested well under 3 seconds for 20m sprint
Vandermeer tested well under 3 seconds for 20m sprint
Bedendo tested under 3 seconds for 20m sprint
Richards tested under 3 seconds for 20m sprint
Naughton tested 3.09 seconds for 20m sprint

I’d guess Bruce & McNeil would be close to the mark too.

I think we know what our draft managers have been looking for. It certainly adds that extra dimension to our forward line for defence, pressure and attack.

So a fwd 6 of Naughton, Bruce, JUH, Weightman, JJ and Vanders could be on the cards ? Look out.

Hotdog60
23-05-2021, 01:25 PM
How did English go he seems to cover the ground with lopping strides.

bulldogtragic
23-05-2021, 04:33 PM
How did English go he seems to cover the ground with lopping strides.

Don’t think he cracked 3 seconds. It looks as though Hannan does break 3 seconds as well though. A Melbourne FC board has screen shots of his top speed nearly the same as Jayden Hunt.

Without comparing lists, we’d have to in the top group for quickest forward line group. Add pressuring and tackling with that speed and it’s great, see JJ last night. Big turnaround in a couple of years.

AshMac
23-05-2021, 05:16 PM
So a fwd 6 of Naughton, Bruce, JUH, Weightman, JJ and Vanders could be on the cards ? Look out.

With hannan in form and English rotating through would be amazing.

LostDog
23-05-2021, 05:20 PM
We are playing a very dangerous game with Riley West, I smell and Essendon poach Scott would love that being a bombers supporter as a kid

comrade
23-05-2021, 05:38 PM
We are playing a very dangerous game with Riley West, I smell and Essendon poach Scott would love that being a bombers supporter as a kid

What are you suggesting we do instead?

hujsh
24-05-2021, 11:56 AM
Just look at this thing of beauty

https://streamable.com/g59lu4

bornadog
24-05-2021, 12:15 PM

That was a magnificent run from JJ

bulldogtragic
24-05-2021, 12:19 PM

That’s going to get a special mention to the group this week. What a great angle, 100m flat out sprint to lay a tackle.

That’s one of the best things I’ve seen this year, and I’ve seen a shitload of great things this year.

Bulldog Joe
24-05-2021, 12:22 PM
That was a magnificent run from JJ

To actually maintain the chase after the first target disposed of the ball was fantastic and probably a rare occurrence for anyone,

bulldogsthru&thru
24-05-2021, 12:27 PM
That’s going to get a special mention to the group this week. What a great angle, 100m flat out sprint to lay a tackle.

That’s one of the best things I’ve seen this year, and I’ve seen a shitload of great things this year.

Like another poster on here, I was also pretty quiet watching the massacre unfold. But I watched JJ's run from the start and when he was rewarded for his efforts, it was the loudest I cheered all night.

There was also something more satisfying in it because it was JJ. He's a confidence player and he's been well down on it until last week. So to see him rewarded for his efforts was great to see. You can see how good he is when he believes in himself.

bulldogtragic
24-05-2021, 12:40 PM
Like another poster on here, I was also pretty quiet watching the massacre unfold. But I watched JJ's run from the start and when he was rewarded for his efforts, it was the loudest I cheered all night.

There was also something more satisfying in it because it was JJ. He's a confidence player and he's been well down on it until last week. So to see him rewarded for his efforts was great to see. You can see how good he is when he believes in himself.

Yep. This was the primary example of forward line speed. But Weightman got a ripping smoother that a slower player wouldn’t have got to and JJ’s just over the line goal was because Weightman sprinted back to the line to protect the line, and the on lead 20m sprints from Bruce & Naughton were great along with pressure.

We’ve clearly sought to inject serious foot speed into the forward line, for attack and defensive pressure. And there’s even more speed to come should VDM, Richards & Jamarra get into the team.

Go back a few years to Tom Boyd, Redpath, Dicko at the end, Wally, Honeychurch & Gowers. I wouldn’t call any really quick, not like we are now.